The HPV virus (genital warts) in men can cause health problems. Genital warts are confined primarily to the moist skin of the genitals or around the anus. Genital warts are caused by the human papillomaviruses (HPVs), which are transmitted through sexual contact. Read more: Genital Warts in Men (HPV) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
STD Diagnosis, Images, Symptoms, Treatment
Learn about sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) including symptoms, signs, diagnosis, and treatment options. Get more...
Viral Infection Types, Treatment, and Prevention
Watch this slideshow on Viral Infections and learn about types, treatment, and prevention of illnesses caused by viruses....
Is It Contagious? What Diseases Are Contagious?
Is it contagious? Take this quiz to learn about contagious diseases, how contagious diseases are spread, and myths and facts...
STD Quiz: Symptoms, Testing & List
There are more sexually transmitted diseases than just the ones you've heard of. Find out what you've been missing with the STD...
Related Disease Conditions
STDs in Men
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections transmitted during sexual contact. They may be caused by viruses, bacteria,...
There are a variety of diseases and conditions that can cause tongue problems, discoloration, and soreness. Though most tongue...
Genital Warts in Women (HPV)
Genital warts is an infection caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). It is the most common sexually transmitted infection...
Cold Sores (Nongenital Herpes Simplex Infections)
Herpes simplex infections are common and when they appear around the mouth and lips, people often refer to them as "cold sores"...
Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Women (STD)
Sexually transmitted diseases, or STDs, are infections that are transmitted during any type of sexual exposure, including...
HPV (Human Papillomavirus Infection)
HPVs or human papillomaviruses are a group of viral infections of the skin and mucous membranes. Certain high-risk types of HPV...
Anal cancer, cancer located at the end of the large intestine, has symptoms that include anal or rectal bleeding, anal pain or...
The term oral cancer includes cancer of the mouth (oral cavity) and the back of the mouth (oropharynx). Red and white patches...
Sexual health information including birth control, impotence, herpes, sexually transmitted diseases, staying healthy, women's...
Certain behavioral, lifestyle, and environmental factors contribute to cancer. Cancer prevention involves modifying these factors...
Genital Warts in Men (HPV Virus) - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your genital warts?Post View 2 Comments
Genital Warts in Men (HPV Virus) - Treatments
What treatment did you receive for your genital warts?Post View 2 Comments
Genital Warts in Men (HPV Virus) - Talking to Your Partner
If you or your partner were diagnosed with HPV, how has it affected your relationship?Post
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Oral Sex Plus Smoking a Cancer Danger for Men
- HPV Vaccine Safe for Adult Women: Study
- Kids 14 and Younger Only Need 2 HPV Vaccine Shots: CDC
- HPV Vaccine More Effective Than Thought: Study
- HPV-Linked Cancers Still Climbing in U.S.
- HPV Vaccine Rates Highest in Poor and Hispanic Communities: Study
- Too Few Boys Get HPV Vaccine, CDC Study Finds
- College Kids Don't Understand the HPV Threat
- Study Supports HPV Vaccination Guidelines
- Study: HPV Vaccine Doesn't Increase Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- HPV Vaccination Rates Lowest in States With Highest Cervical Cancer Rates: Study
- Study Adds to Evidence That HPV Vaccine Helps Guard Against Cervical Cancer
- Many Young Americans Know Little About Cervical Cancer Vaccine
- Poor Oral Hygiene Tied to Cancer-Linked Virus, Study Finds
- HPV May Also Raise Risk of Throat Cancer
- HPV Vaccine Might Shield Women Against Throat Cancer: Study
- U.K. Experts Urge HPV Vaccine for Young Gay Men
- Some HPV-Linked Cancers Rising in U.S.: Report
- HPV Vaccine Found Safe in Large Study
- Too Few Girls Get HPV Vaccine Against Cancer: CDC
- Gum Disease, HPV May Play Role in Head and Neck Cancers
- Infection Causes 1 in 6 Cancers Worldwide: Study
- HPV Cancer Hits 8,000 Men, 18,000 Women a Year
- HPV-Related Head, Neck Cancers on the Rise
- Pediatricians' Group Recommends HPV Vaccine for Boys
- Oral HPV Infection Strikes Men More Than Women: Study
- HPV Test Beats Pap Test for Cervical Cancer Screening
- Study: HPV Vaccine Doesn't Encourage Risky Sexual Activity
- More Teens Getting Vaccines Against HPV, Other Infections: CDC
- Home-Based Test Can Detect Cervical Cancer Virus: Study
- Males 11-21 Should Get Gardasil HPV Vaccine
- Girls More Likely to Get HPV Vaccine When Doctors Recommend It
- Guidelines Suggest Less Frequent Screening for Cervical Cancer
- HPV-Linked Oral Cancers on the Rise, Study Finds
- Many Doctors Ignore Guidelines, Order Annual Pap Test
- HPV Vaccine: Early Evidence of Impact
- FDA Approves New HPV Test
- Half of Men Have Genital HPV
- Simple Steps to Prevent Common Cancers
- HPV Shot Prevents Genital Warts in Boys and Men
- Michael Douglas: Throat Cancer Survivor
- Male Circumcision Cuts Women's Cervical Cancer Risk
- Gardasil Approved for Anal Cancer Prevention
- Gardasil HPV Vaccine Stopping Genital Warts
- HPV Vaccine: Cost-effective Way to Prevent Anal Cancer
- Michael Douglas and Throat Cancer FAQ
- New Insurance Rules: Free Preventive Health Care
- HPV Viruses Linked to Skin Cancer
- Most Young Adults: Oral Sex Is Not Sex
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter