Patient Comments: GERD - Complications

Did you experience any complications with your GERD? What were they? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: merrypranxter, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 07

This article says that ear issues are only present in children because their adenoids are prominent. I am a 32 year old female with terrible GERD exacerbated by chronic anxiety and Tourette's syndrome. I have a hard time not constantly trying to clear my throat, in turn irritating it worse and keeping it from healing. And my ears constantly drive me insane with pressure, bubbling, and popping.

Comment from: N A Channa, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 04

From last 2 years I had this problem apparently. I have severe cough and shortness of breath for 01-02 hours during sleeping times; runny nose during morning hours and white fluid mucus flowing from nose for 01-02 hours. But I have no temperature all the time. I have consulted with allergy and chest specialist. Despite use of medicines I've found no relief. I feel that I have gastroesophageal reflex disease (GERD) because I do feel that there is reverse flow from stomach towards esophagus causing cough and shortness of breath.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter