Patient Comments: Gallstones - Complications

Have you ever had any complications of gallstones? If so, what were they? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: JACKAROO, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I had been having digestive trouble for four year, pain/bloating/diarrhea after eating dairy and bread. After numerous tests/colonoscopy/endoscopy with no result (my doctor thought I was nuts) I had what I thought was a case of food poisoning one night - pain in my upper intestines, fever and vomiting. It happened again a week later, so I made an appointment with my doctor. He said he had to check my gall bladder and scheduled an ultra sound the next week. Well, before that happened I had an awful attack the next night around 10:30PM about 4 hours after eating my last meal. I was in such pain I was doubled over, could hardly walk, shooting pain down the front left and right sides of my torso. I had my husband rush me to the emergency room and the next day they took out my gall bladder. It's been two weeks and I feel wonderful. I have re-introduced dairy and bread with no issues. I feel better than I have in 4 years and have hope that I am not allergic to everything. The doctor said my gall bladder was "full of stones" and was "inflamed severely".

Comment from: DD, 35-44 (Patient) Published: January 03

I am having a pain somewhere around my lower part of my body (tail bone) and burning sensation at my left side down the rib. First I thought the pain is because of nerve problem or bone problem. I have the pain for almost 2 years and pain killer is the solution. Few weeks ago I went for CT scan and doctor said I have stones in my gallbladder and cyst in my ovary. I don't know if the pain is because of the gallbladder stones or any other reason.

View the Abdominal Pain Slideshow Pictures