Patient Comments: Gallbladder Pain - Causes

What was the cause of the gallbladder pain you experienced? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: PRETZEL, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 06

My gallbladder pain takes a week out of my life. It starts out as a sharp pain on the right side, and escalates across the stomach, which is usually followed by several vomiting episodes and bloating and diarrhea. The best I can estimate is that it's brought on by coffee, soda, and fatty foods. So I have cut out those foods, but I think it's it might have to be removed.

Comment from: Tinkerbell, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

Eating greasy foods or foods with stems, as greens, cooked turnip greens, collards, foods with lots of fiber caused my gallbladder pain. I had very painful attacks, usually in the early morning, 1 or 2 o"clock, always went to the emergency room; it took 3 or 4 years to get correct diagnosis of gall stones. The severe pain was in the center of my chest, front and back, and under my shoulder blades. I finally got diagnosed with gall stones, had gall bladder removed with no problems. I had 3 or 4 very small incisions and the gall bladder was removed through my belly button.

Comment from: Ka, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I have severe pain radiating in the right lower abdomen to the upper part of the abdomen. It likens to a labor pain. I was vomiting earlier in the day with diarrhea and bloating. I wonder if this is possibly gallbladder or appendix.

Comment from: Morag, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 07

I have gallstones but I don't have any pain.

Comment from: carol, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 07

I had this gallbladder pain on the right side of my ribs last year and brushed it off. The past two days I have runs really bad, and this morning I threw up.

Comment from: otoneal, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 15

I have pain under rib cage right side, on the liver side.

Comment from: carm, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 04

Perhaps eating causes my gallbladder pain, but it occurs between meals.

View Abdominal Pain Slideshow Pictures