Patient Comments: Frozen Shoulder - Prognosis

What is your frozen shoulder prognosis? Did you have physical therapy? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: BadBodyPArts, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

I had frozen shoulder on the left side. I did cortisone shots, physical therapy, exercises and went to a chiropractor. Nothing made it go away permanently. We waited 3 years. I had arthroscopic surgery and that fixed it. Now I have frozen shoulder on the right. I had my first cortisone shot one week ago with no relief. Sudden movements make me cry hard in agony. I can't sleep. I can barely dress myself. I can barely wash my hair! I am going to ask the doctor if I could have the same surgery a lot sooner than before. Bone is fine, but I haven't had an MRI yet. I have given birth twice. This pain far exceeds anything I've ever known. I know how you feel if you're dealing with this. There is no way I can give this shoulder 3 years.

Comment from: Amy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I had frozen shoulder coupled with bursitis. My doctor had me try physical therapy and exercises, but they didn't help. I went from having pain only when I moved my shoulder a certain way to having it 24/7. The pain was excruciating and debilitating. I was going to try cortisone but didn't really want to because since my doctor wanted to hold off on that, I figured there was a reason. I then found out about Prolozone therapy. My pain was relieved about 70% after the first treatment. For those of you that experience this kind of pain, you know that is huge! I had two more treatments, and my pain is gone except when I overextend my range of motion. However, my range of motion is 50% better and continues to get better as time goes on. It has been four months since my first treatment, and I've had three over a month's time.

Comment from: Dana4949, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 15

My frozen shoulder started back in April in my right arm and shoulder and seems to be getting a little bit better with physical therapy and Ibuprofen, and heat and ice packs for swelling and pain. Pain during the day is not bad if I do not use my arm or shoulder. Sleep has gotten a little better but still hurts if I lay on my right side too long. The doctor told me it was caused by being a middle aged woman and being diabetic.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter