Patient Comments: Frozen Shoulder - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your frozen shoulder? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Dot, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

I have pain in left shoulder when attempting to scratch my back, reaching to close the car door, pulling on my jeans, walking up the wall with fingers of my left hand.

Comment from: Ouchithurts, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I have limited motion in my right shoulder. If I use my arm, my hand and forearm tingle like I hit my funny bone. It also feels like it is falling out of joint when I relax the muscles. I have lot of trouble sleeping. Once asleep, I wake up if I move, or my husband moves. I have to say, I am pretty miserable!

Comment from: cannon arm, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 25

I am a 52 year old dude who has been a sports nut my entire life. All conference baseball player, 3 time punt, pass, and kick champ with a God given rocket arm. At 45 I could still fire a ball with kids 20 years younger. It pains me now to toss a baseball 15 yards. I have to throw like a 6 year old girl, kind of pushing the throw without reaching back. Very painful.

Comment from: sickofshoulderpain, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I had frozen shoulder for 2 ½ years, along with a torn labrum and bicep tendonitis. Cortisone shots were not working – they made my hair and eyelashes fall out. Finally, I had surgery last year and felt better weeks after. The rehab was extremely painful, but I had full range of motion. Since then, I have had a recurrence of frozen shoulder, but in both shoulders. You know when you have it; it's the most painful condition I have ever had. One hurts worse than the other, and I'm ready to go through arthroscopic surgery once again to get out of this wicked pain. I'm sleep-deprived and miserable – don't wait as long as I did the first time. I should have fixed it long ago.

Comment from: Angel, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

Four years ago, I had neck surgery. They did some bone grafting and a rod was put in. Since then, I've seen my doctor many times about my shoulder pain. Finally, the doctor diagnosed me with a frozen shoulder – with almost no arm movement or range of motion. Sleeping is difficult because even when I sleep on the other shoulder, I wake up in such horrible pain. I know recovery will take a long time. I just hope it's not too late for it to heal.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter