Patient Comments: Diabetes and Foot Problems - Symptoms

What symptoms and problems have you experienced with your feet due to diabetes? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: kalbill, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 07

I am a type 2 diabetic. The lining in my diabetic shoe came loose and caused a diabetic ulcer on the side of my right foot. I went to a wound center and now, 10 months later my wound is beginning to heal. My problem was I walked on it during the healing. I did not take the wound seriously when it began and paid for the inattention dearly. Follow your doctor's orders and you will heal faster.

Comment from: Ferg, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I am type 2 diabetic and the other day I was taking down the steps a piece of wood flooring and it slipped and hit my ankle. My ankle hurt right away and swelled. It seemed to get better. Now almost a week later, my foot and ankle are swollen and black and blue. I see the doctor in two days.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I am a type 1 diabetic which was triggered by hormones due to excessive bleeding and I had to get a hysterectomy. My sugar levels remain high though I take insulin. I have pains in my feet and legs. My thigh bones feel as if they are hurting as I walk.

Comment from: Rich, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 11

I have type 2 diabetes, since 15 days I have been feeling a burning sensation on the toes of my feet.

Comment from: Henry, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: January 27

My husband has Type 2 diabetes, has had two severe strokes and 2 severe heart attacks (angina). Now he has an ulcer on his right ankle which has been diagnosed as chronic (because of lack of circulation in his legs and lack of feeling in his feet). He is 88 years old. Right now I am his primary care giver and I am 85 years old, have chronic back and knee pain. I clean the wound with saline solution, dab the open wound with a type of iodine and cover with a prepared bandage. The purpose is to try to dry up the wound. It is important that we keep the wound clean, but I don't know what exercises I can get him to do. He is partially paralyzed on his right side due to the stroke. I have been told no water exercises because danger of infection.

Better Blood Sugar Balance