Stocking pantries and refrigerators with healthy food is the first step toward eating well at home. Understanding how to read food labels will help you choose the most nutritious foods for you and your family. Read more: Food & Grocery Shopping Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Pictures of the Belly-Fattening Foods That Men Love
Belly-fattening foods such as chips, beer, doughnuts and fatty red meat can kill a diet. See which foods are tough to resist,...
Salt Shockers: Where High-Sodium Foods Lurk, and How to Avoid Them
Salty Foods can be everywhere. So how can you maintain a low-sodium diet and beware of the risks of high blood pressure which can...
Cholesterol Levels: What the Numbers Mean
Do you know the different cholesterol levels and what they mean? Learn the alphabet soup of cholesterol testing: LDL, HDL, good,...
Diabetes Diet: Healthy Meal Plans for Diabetes-Friendly Eating
Discover the best and worst meals for diabetes-savvy dining. See how to avoid carbs and control your blood sugar with healthier...
Cancer-Fighting Foods in Pictures: Resveratrol, Green Tea, and More
Experts have praised certain foods for their ability to reduce cancer risks. Learn which foods and eating strategies may help...
Fat-Burning Foods in Pictures: Blueberries, Green Tea, and More
Learn about fat-fighting foods such as grapefruit, hot peppers, vinegar, and more. Discover the benefits along with surprising...
16 Foods That Boost and Improve Your Immune System
Fight cold and flu with foods that boost and improve your immune system. Reach for bright-colored antioxidant and vitamin-rich...
COPD Foods to Boost Your Health - COPD Diet Tips
Boost your energy and combat COPD with these diet tips. Which foods can help patients with COPD? Which foods to avoid for COPD?...
Food Portion Distortion Quiz: Correct Serving Size
Are your portions deceiving you? Take the Food Portion Distortion Quiz to find out how and why gigantic portions trick you into...
Superfoods Quiz: List of Top Superfoods
Take our Superfoods Quiz! Get to know how unprocessed, raw, organic foods and healthy drinks are rich in nutrients and dietary...
Drinks & Beverages Quiz: Test Your IQ
Drink to your health! Take the Drinks & Beverages Quiz to learn how your favorite drinks can impact your life, your behavior, and...
How to Lose Weight Without Dieting: 24 Fast Facts
Weight loss without dieting? No diet, no problem. Learn the best way to lose weight with these weight loss tips designed to help...
Heart-Healthy Diet: 25 Foods to Protect Your Cardiovascular System
See 25 foods loaded with heart-healthy nutrients that help protect your cardiovascular system. Plus, find easy meal/recipes and...
Gluten-Free Diet: Popular Gluten-Free Foods in Pictures
Starting a gluten free diet? Get the facts about gluten free foods -- with tips on what to avoid, what to enjoy, and delicious,...
Brain Food Pictures: What to Eat to Boost Focus
Learn how to increase concentration and boost memory. Brain foods such as fish (omega 3 fatty acids), berries, fruits, nuts,...
The Worst Foods in Your Fridge
What are the worst foods to eat in your fridge? From mayonnaise to ice cream and butter to processed lunch meats, learn about the...
Diet for Stress Management: Carbs, Nuts, and Other Stress-Relief Foods
While there are many ways to cope with stress, one strategy is to eat stress-fighting foods. Find out which foods to eat as part...
Diet-Wrecking Foods: Smoothies, Lattes, Popcorn, and More in Pictures
It may seem healthy, but is it really? Many food frauds masquerade as diet food. See 23 foods that seem healthy but can be...
How to Lose Weight Fast: Easy Weight Loss Tips
Here are the best ways for men and women to lose weight. Fast facts from experts show weight loss is possible for everyone trying...
10 Metabolism Boosting Facts and Myths
Losing weight by increasing your metabolism is challenging. There are many metabolism myths and only a few surefire tricks to get...
Top 10 Foods for Healthy Hair
Watch this slideshow to learn the Top 10 Foods for Healthy Hair. See which foods will provide essential nutrients, vitamins and...
Snacks With 100 Calories or Less
Reducing calories is an effective weight loss strategy. Here are 25 100-calorie snacks that offer quick, satisfying solutions to...
Foods to Boost Your Energy and Mood
Learn which foods may boost your energy level and have a positive impact on your mood. Foods such as salmon, Brazil nuts, and...
15 Delicious Calcium-Rich Dishes
Explore 15 delicious calcium-rich dishes. Tender stuffed chicken, Spanish cheese, and almond cake top this array of tasty foods...
Food Cravings Slideshow: Chocolate, Carbs, Salt, Sugar
Learn which food cravings can wreck your diet. Whether your craving something creamy or crunchy, sweet or salty, food cravings...
Skinny Sipping: Best and Worst Drinks for Losing Weight in Pictures
From coffee to cocktails, learn which beverages can help or hinder a healthy lifestyle. See the best and worst drinks for weight...
Portion Control Tips: Lose Weight and Stick to Your Diet
Portion control can help with weight loss and help you stick to a healthy diet. But how much is too much? This photo guide will...
Bad' Foods That Are Good for Weight Loss in Pictures
Some bad foods can be good for weight loss. MedicineNet reveals which tempting foods can actually help you lose weight and keep...
High Protein Diets: Good or Bad?
Low-carb, high-protein diets are quite popular. High protein diets let you snack on protein-rich foods you love, but what are the...
Vegetarian Diet: Tasty, Basic Choices in Pictures
Thinking about becoming a vegetarian? Compared to the general population, the typical vegetarian has a lower body mass index...
Tropical Fruits: 8 Exotic Fruits for Your Everyday Grocery List
Exotic fruits like acai, guava, and papaya are loaded with vitamins and other nutrients. Learn when these exotic fruits are ripe,...
Cooking With Greens in Pictures: Kale, Collards, Bok Choy, and More
Learn 13 easy ways to add more greens to your diet. Discover how to add kale, spinach, broccoli rabe and more into your diet....
Diet Mistake Pictures: Crash Diets, High-Calorie Drinks, and More
Discover 10 common diet mistakes that may be preventing you from losing weight. Learn to avoid these diet blunders and watch the...
Pictures of Fattening Restaurant Meals: Pasta, Burgers, Chinese, Pizza, and More
What are the worst meals to eat in restaurants? See 9 of the supremely worst fattening restaurant meals exposed by a consumer...
Most Fattening Foods of Summer: Drinks and Snacks With High Fat or Calories
Summertime living may be easy, but if you're not careful, summer's fattening foods can really pack on the pounds. Discover the...
Frighteningly Fattening Fall Foods in Pictures
Learn how to keep your diet in check this fall. Look at some of the season's most fattening foods, along with tips on how to...
Easy, Tasty Grilled Foods for Dinner Tonight in Pictures
Explore easy and tasty grilled foods. When your rushed to get dinner on the table, fire up the grill and use these delicious,...
Surprising Ways to Combine Foods for Big Flavor: Chef Lynne Rossetto Kasper's Recipes Slideshow
Explore surprising food combos for big flavor. See how the right mix of salty, sweet, sour, and spicy flavors can come together...
Grocery Smarts: 'Healthy Fat' Foods for Fitness in Pictures
A healthy diet starts at the grocery store. See which fat foods to avoid and which fit foods to choose....
10 Recipes, 10 Ways to Serve Tomatoes in Pictures
Discover 10 delicious tomato recipes. Learn tomato buying and growing tips. Romance your tomatoes with nutritious ideas like...
10 Tips for a Healthier Fast Food Diet
Losing weight is tough on the road. Fast food can't compare to the health of a well-planned, balanced diet. But if you must eat...
10 Worst Fast-Food Sandwiches: Unhealthy Choices in Pictures
Want to know what the good and bad fast-food sandwiches choices are? Our experts explore the nutrition facts of major restaurant...
Juice Wars: Best and Worst Vegetable and Fruit Juices in Pictures
Although the best kinds of juice deliver a bounty of vitamins, the worst are hardly better than liquid candy. Learn to...
Feeding Baby Year 1: Starting Solids With Baby Food in Pictures
These nutritious foods are great for your baby's first year, and include cereal and baby food. Our experts offer tips on starting...
Best & Worst Fast-Food Breakfast Pictures
No matter which fast-food chain you visit, high-fat and high-calorie breakfast choices abound. But healthier fast-food menu...
Holiday Foods 'Naughty List' in Pictures
'Tis the season of temptation. Fortunately, there are ways to avoid the holiday food trap. While Santa makes his list and checks...
Tips to Eat Healthy When You Dine Out in Pictures
Recognize the dangers of eating out and stay on your healthy diet at restaurants. Learn about healthy eating at restaurants,...
Related Disease Conditions
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Food Portion Distortion FAQs
- Superfoods FAQs
- Drinks and Beverages FAQs
- Spring-Clean Your Fridge and Freezer
- Cooking: Easy Meals for 1 or 2
- Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- Supermarkets Today : Quality, Variety, Convenience
- Peanut Butter Shopping & Eating Tips
- New Food Products of 2006 - Top 10
- Grocery Shopping: 10 Tips for the Solo Shopper
- Low Calorie Seasoning: 17 Speedy Taste Boosters
- Food Labels: How to Read a Food Label
- Frozen Dinners: 12 Healthy Options
- Snack Bars: The Best of the Snack Bars
- Refrigerator Secrets from Kathleen Zelman
- Refrigerator Insight from Elaine Magee
- Dairy Products that Taste Good and Lower In Fat
- Spices: Cooking With Spices for Better Health
- Health Claims: ABC's of Health Claims
- Meal Replacements: Choose Those Bars and Drinks Carefully
- Craving Something Smooth and Creamy?
- Soy Diet: Painless Ways to Add Soy to Your Diet
- Grocery Shopping: How to Stock a Healthy Fridge
- Healthy Choices: Give Pantry a Healthy Makeover
- Halfway Homemade: Cooking with Convenience Foods
- Fats: Rating the Cooking Fats
- Trans-Fat: Be A Trans-Fat Detective
- Frozen Foods: Warm Up to Frozen Foods
- Calories, A New Look for Food Labels?
- Frozen Dinners to the Rescue
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Health Tip: Prep Your Refrigerator for the Holidays
- Heart Health May Hinge on Easy Access to Fresh Food
- Storing Cocoa Pods Longer May Make Chocolate Healthier
- Health Tip: Keep Certain Foods Isolated
- Health Tip: Eat Smart
- Health Tip: Choose Safe Produce
- Health Tip: Don't Overcook Veggies
- Health Tip: Choose Low-Sodium Foods
- Not All Whole Grain Products Are Created Equal, Study Claims
- Health Tip: Encourage Kids to Snack on Fruits and Veggies
- Health Tip: Curb Late-Night Snacking
- Health Tip: Is Organic Better?
- Which Diet Plans Are Most Popular? Dieters Choose
- Health Tip: Choosing Healthy Frozen Produce
- Family Meals Encourage Kids to Eat More Veggies, Fruit: Study
- Gene Boosts Tomato's Color, But May Make It Less Tasty
- How to Choose the Healthiest Salad Dressing
- Discount Supermarkets Tied to Rising Obesity Rates
- Apples Again Top 'Dirty Dozen' List for Pesticides
- Scientists Map the Tomato's Genome
- Foods to Avoid if You Want to Avoid Gout Attacks
- Health Tip: Keep Cloth Grocery Totes Clean
- Coffee May Be Part of the Recipe for a Longer Life
- Eggs at Breakfast May Delay Hunger
- Health Tip: Tame Your Food Cravings
- For Healthier Eating, Keep Fruits, Veggies Within Reach
- Black Pepper May Help Fight Fat
- Why You Overeat Even When You're Full
- Health Tip: What Constitutes 'Healthy Eating?'
- Berries May Slow Memory Loss
- Here Are Fruits, Veggies That Offer Best Bang for Your Buck
- 'Red Tide' Likely in New England This Season, Experts Warn
- FDA Plans to Cut Antibiotics in Food Animals
- Health Tip: Buy Lean Meat
- Corner Stores Stock Healthier Foods After Aid Program Changes
- Health Tip: Encourage Your Kids to Choose Healthy Snacks
- Health Tip: Pack a Healthy, Easy Lunch
- Wine Ratings May Be Meaningless for Most People
- Health Tip: Help Your Child Develop a Healthy Approach to Eating
- Fructose off the Hook for Overweight and Obesity?
- Is There an ADHD Diet?
- Bottom Line: Overeating Boosts Fat, Whatever the Protein Level
- Misperception of Body Weight Poses Health Risks
- Egg Recall: FDA Finds Salmonella on Suspect Farms
- Low-Carb Diets Improve Cholesterol Long Term
- Frozen Meals Linked to Salmonella Outbreak
- Kids Not Only Obese, They're Extremely Obese
- Colorado, California Cities Dominate Slimmest Cities List
- Cholesterol Facts
- Interpreting Dates on Food Products
- 25 Ways to Create a Green and Healthy Home
- Healthy Foods Under $1
- Flat Belly Diet! Does It Fall Flat on Its Promises?
- Energy Products: Energy for Sale
- Vegetarian Diets
- Organic Food Standards and Labels: The Facts
- Food Labels: Reading Label Gets Easier
- Food Trends for 2008
- Organic Food: Is Natural Worth the Extra Cost?
- Light Ice Creams: A Guide to the Best
- Healthier Bowl of Pasta
- Light and Luscious Ice Cream
- Breakfast on the Run: Thinking Outside the Box
- Condiments: Shelf Life of Ketchup
- Condiments: Mustard Shelf-life
- Condiments: Vegetable Oil Shelf-life
- Condiments: Sour Cream Shelf-life
- Condiments: Salad Dressing Shelf-life
- Condiments: Fresh Eggs Shelf-life
- Condiments: Juice Shelf-life
- Condiments: Butter Shelf-life
- Condiments: Jellies and Jams Shelf-life
- Condiments: Baby Food Shelf-life
- Condiments: Peanut Butter Shelf-life
- Condiments: Tomato Paste Shelf-life
- Condiments: Shelf-life of Pickles
- Condiments: Broth Shelf-life
- Nutrition: What's New on Your Supermarket Shelf?
- Cooking With Herbs
- Food Expiration: Do Dates Really Matter?
- Summer Eating: Weight Loss & Ice Cream, Lowdown
- Women Only: Mars and Venus in the Supermarket?
- Grains: Tips for Reaping the Benefits of Whole Grains
- Trans Fat: Where Are Trans Fats Hiding?
- Dried Fruit: Methods of Drying, Selection of Fruit
- Beans: Winter Super Foods: Dried Beans: Varieties
- Grocery Shopping: Men Lost Without Grocery Lists
- Nutrition Labels: How to Read a Label
- Grocery Store Full of Nutritional Landmines
- Grocery Shopping: Stocking a Healthy Kitchen
- Cooking: Time For An Oil Change?
- Breakfast: Healthy 'Briefcase Breakfasts'
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter