Patient Comments: Fibrocystic Breast Condition - Treatment

What kinds of treatment, including medication, have you received for your fibrocystic breast condition? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Leenylewis, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I am now 52 and I was diagnosed with fibrocystic breast condition back in my thirties. I just recently had a mammogram and sure enough I got a call from my doctor saying that I needed an ultrasound. I started having regular mammograms at 35 because my mom had breast cancer so every time I get a call back it is unnerving. The radiologist put my mind at ease and said these cysts never turn to cancer, but I wished I knew why they keep recurring year after year. I have never had any kind of treatment except for careful watching year after year.

Comment from: Kell, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I have had cysts for my entire adult life. I have pain more often than not. I have had them drained twice and know the walls of my cyst are thick. I got an infection a month ago and that brought this entire situation to a head. I am consulting with a plastic surgeon and have already consulted with a breast surgeon and the only thing they can do at this time is a double mastectomy with a reconstruction. I have already done the no caffeine, primrose, etc. I am really considering this due to the fact that it is affecting my life on every level.

Comment from: telaine, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I just had breast biopsy on left breast because of fibrocystic breast. I started in 1995 with drainage from my left breast ducts were removed and a cluster of cysts. Then in 2001 more, 2007 had some removed out right breast, 2010 had two more removed each time I was put to sleep. This time I was awake for the biopsy {given pain pill and something for my nerves} I said all that to give you a jest what I been though. Now I'm in the healing process and talking about painful. The doctors said I have to wait for the hematomas to dissolve because they removed four large ones and left two small ones in there. How long will I go though with this?

View Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Slideshow Pictures