Patient Comments: Fatty Liver - Treatment and Medications

What kinds of treatment, including medication, have you been given for your fatty liver? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Connie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 03

I wasn't given any medications for fatty liver, just told to diet and workout. I am doing my best to change my diet and workout, but will it help the liver, I wonder. Will I end up with cirrhosis even changing my diet and workout!

Comment from: Tinkerbelle 69, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

I found out I had fatty liver in 2009. I saw a liver specialist and he told me to stop eating a lot of beef and to lose weight. I did all of it and now I just swelled up overnight I thought I was getting better, feeling better, and looking better. The liver doctor has done nothing for me with this swelling. The blood doctor I saw is helping me to get some of the swelling off. I just want to get better and not leave my family.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter