Patient Comments: Fatty Liver - Diet

What changes have you made to your diet since being diagnosed with a fatty liver? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Mikeyc, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 27

Since being diagnosed with a fatty liver I decided to mainly eat good fats; chicken, turkey mince, reduce red meat to once in a while. I introduced more nuts, such as almonds, avocados, oily fish, and spinach. I ignored sites claiming foods could cleanse the liver, etc. I cut out alcohol as ultimately it is an unnecessary strain on the liver. I am eating a balanced diet but keeping an eye on the amount of fruit sugars.

Comment from: Dipti, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

Exercise for 45 minutes which includes brisk walking. I stopped oily foods and having raw vegetables and fruit juices.

Comment from: pegie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I am not eating anything with high fructose corn syrup. I do not take cholesteral meds any more. I rarely drink alcohol so I blame my NALD on High Fructose COrn Syruo,

Comment from: So True, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

I have not changed my diet at all since I was diagnosed. I was doctor diagnosed by a doctor, who just listened to my problems. I have never been a sugar eater or a person who ate an excess of fat. In fact, I cut every little smidgen off meat, and didn't eat milk products after grade 12. I grew up on a farm and always drank and ate whole milk products. I never ate store-bought stuff; it was all home grown and homemade from the time I was a baby to age 65. I never was that big of an alcohol drinker. I did smoke, but was not a heavy smoker. I did a lot of physical work over the years and gained maybe two pounds every year until I was in my 50s. I had a few health problems and started to put on weight until my 60s, when more health problems came.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter