Patient Comments: Fatigue - Experience

Please describe your experience with fatigue. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Kenairiverbandit, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

I work as a roustabout in the oil and gas industry and many times find myself not taking breaks with the rest of the crew every 3 hours. That is a great time to rehydrate and or get some vitamins and minerals back into the body that were used up during the working period. Last weekend I didn't know if I was having a stroke or a heart attack or allergic reaction to something I ate. I woke my boss and the operations crew up early to get me a chopper ride right to the hospital. I was literally scared that I was going to die or wake up in the hospital not being able to speak or move one side of my body. I got to the hospital and after running the tests on my EKG, blood tests etc., the doctor tells me that the only thing he can find wrong was a low potassium level of 3.3. I felt all the symptoms that are listed in this website. We are all afforded the opportunity to eat right and take reasonable breaks. I am not one to visit the doctor unless something happens hence I don't go in for any once a year health exams. I am going to get annual checkups now and eat much better. I would suggest anybody with similar concerns be diligent in not letting their health slip. We guys don't need doctors until something happens. It may be too late when it does happen so get checked out once or more times, even if you think it is nothing.

Comment from: Gotclass2, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 31

I have been fatigued sense 2006. I could barely walk to the car, and falling asleep at my desk. I am aching all over and not hungry and have extreme dry mouth. Turns out I have lupus, I am anemic, and dehydrated.

Comment from: Fatigued me, Female (Patient) Published: March 24

Fatigue is something I have been struggling with for about five years now. There are bouts of excessive low energy, cloudy head and no libido. I am in my early thirties, I have been to the physician to find out what may be the issue, have had blood work several times, and no unusual results. It is frustrating, it is very hard to get through the lowest periods, and it sadly affects my children and husband. Life is busy and stressful but I'm not convinced that's all the issue, my body goes through periods of extreme aching and extreme muscle fatigue! At times my bones hurt from the very core of them.

Comment from: ddstarrtx, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I had fatigue for a year, plus a low grade fever and zero energy. It took a year but I found I had toxoplasmosis gondii, the disease from changing a litter box. I was shocked. They said it was in my head. I demanded all tests from A-Z and found it. Thirty days of Levaquin and life started to return to normal. You just never know, I got it from a cat at home or volunteering at my local animal shelter.

Comment from: Lea, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 05

I am often tired during the daytime, even with a good night's rest.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter