Patient Comments: Fatigue - Symptoms

What were the signs and symptoms associated with your fatigue? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: eva l., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 11

I had polymyalgia rheumatica and was given prednisone for 2 years. Coming off it, I have had much soreness, weak muscles month after month, thin skin, and weight gain. And I am so tired and sore I don't do much. It is hard to stop prednisone. I am weak and tired with fatigue, I don't do much so gained weight. I am hoping when I can completely stop this withdrawal symptoms will go away. My own opinion is polymyalgia rheumatica was triggered by statin, and compounded when diagnosed intolerant to statin.

Comment from: Safea, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 01

I had shingles a year ago last August and have been exhausted ever since. I still have itching, sharp pains now and then, and still often upset stomach.

Comment from: shewolf, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have muscle aches, fatigue to the point I don't even hear my alarm. I have no motivation or focus which is not normal for me and I haven't had my periods for 2 months now, but I am not pregnant. Caffeine and energy medications don't seem to be working.

Comment from: Lee , 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 16

Folic acid deficiency was twice diagnosed in me by doctor as the reason for my fatigue. Eat more greens and eggs plus tomatoes and carrots. Spinach is rich in folic acid.

Comment from: Brenda, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

I have fatigue, weakness and dull pain around my right side, under my ribs and around, to my back to shoulder blades.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 19

I had horrible sleep apnea. I never felt refreshed when waking up in the morning. I never felt like I had any energy, so the doctor thought I needed a sleep study.

Comment from: CharmedLife, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

May 2012, I was diagnosed with primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC). I had been experiencing fatigue for approximately two years before my diagnosis. It occurred very slowly. I thought, wow – I'm old, I'm out of shape, I'm depressed, etc. Never did it occur to me that it was something so serious. I stopped socializing, cleaning my home, etc. I managed to do the very minimum it would take for me to function. Thankfully, I was properly diagnosed and am managing my disease very well. The fatigue, however, continues to plague me. My family has been great in keeping me aware of my surroundings and keeping me active.

Comment from: Annie141, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I feel like an extreme weight has been dropped over me, find it hard to breath, have heaviness in my chest, sweat, find it hard to walk, and my legs are weak and wobbly.

Comment from: maura, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: April 22

My son has been very ill for two years. His symptoms include stomach pains, vomiting, weight loss, diarrhea, and anemia. His doctors think he might have celiac disease.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter