Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental and physical). The causes of fatigue are generally related to a variety of conditions or diseases for example:Read more: Fatigue Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Quiz: Symptoms & Treatment
Exhausted all the time? Maybe it's not all in the mind. Take the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) Quiz to learn more about tricky...
Picture of Fibromyalgia
A syndrome characterized by chronic pain, stiffness, and tenderness of muscles, tendons, and joints without detectable...
Am I Having a Heart Attack? Symptoms of Heart Disease
Heart attacks symptoms vary greatly for men and women, from anxiety and fatigue to nausea and sweating. Learn the warning signs...
Lupus Symptoms, Rash, and Treatment
What is Lupus? Learn about lupus symptoms like butterfly rash, joint pain and fatigue. Find causes, diagnosis, and treatments for...
Alcohol Abuse: 12 Health Risks of Chronic Heavy Drinking
Read about the health risks of chronic heavy or binge drinking. Anemia, cancer, gout, cardiovascular disease and many more...
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) Symptoms and Diagnosis
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) can occur at any age for men or women. Learn more about the causes of chronic fatigue syndrome...
Jobs That May Ruin Your Sleep
Some jobs can lead to sleep problems like insomnia, especially for graveyard and other shift work. Learn how work can disrupt...
Physical Symptoms of Depression in Pictures
Depression can cause physical problems such as insomnia, chest pain, fatigue, headaches, and more. Learn the signs of depression...
Out-of-Control Allergy Symptoms: Treatment Relief in Pictures
Learn 10 signs your allergies are out of control. See these surprising allergy symptoms and find out how to get relief for...
Ebola Virus: Outbreak, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is Ebola? Learn about the Ebola virus outbreak symptoms, treatment and transmission. How is the Ebola virus spread?...
Top 13 Ways to Tame Eye Allergies
Eye allergies, or allergic conjunctivitis, cause itchy eyes and other allergic symptoms. Avoiding allergens and using medicated...
Women’s Health: 13 Hormone Imbalance Symptoms and Signs
Hormone imbalance involves changes in estrogen, progesterone, and other hormone levels. Hormonal imbalance may cause symptoms...
What Are HIV & AIDS? Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
HIV, or human immunodeficiency virus, causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, or AIDS. Learn about HIV positive, being HIV...
Related Disease Conditions
Liver (Anatomy and Function)
The liver is the largest gland and organ in the body. There are a variety of liver diseases caused by liver inflammation,...
Angina (Symptoms, Causes, Types, Diagnosis, and Treatment)
Angina is chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Angina symptoms may include chest tightness, burning,...
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) causes HIV infection and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Symptoms and signs...
Amyloidosis is a group of diseases resulting from abnormal deposition of certain proteins (amyloids) in various bodily areas. The...
Anorexia is an eating disorder characterized by markedly reduced appetite or total aversion to food. Anorexia is a serious...
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis)
Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (juvenile rheumatoid arthritis or JRA) annually affects one child in every thousand. There are six...
Asthma is a condition in which hyperreactive airways constrict and result in symptoms like wheezing, coughing, and shortness of...
Bone cancer is a rare type of cancer that occurs in cells that make up the bones. Primary bone cancer that arises in bone cells...
People with bulimia nervosa, an eating disorder that involves episodes of bingeing and purging, experience symptoms and signs...
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS or SEID)
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) or systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID) is a debilitating and complex disorder...
The common cold (viral upper respiratory tract infection) is a contagious illness that may be caused by various viruses. Symptoms...
Cushing's syndrome, sometimes referred to as hypercortisolism, is a hormonal disorder caused by prolonged exposure to high levels...
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. The two types of diabetes are...
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition characterized by symptoms such as fatigue, sleep disturbances, and tender points. Stress...
Influenza (flu) is a respiratory illness caused by a virus. Flu symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, headache,...
Gaucher disease is caused by an inherited (genetic) defect in an enzyme glucocerebroside. Signs and symptoms for Gaucher...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Signs, Causes, Diet, and Treatment
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a disease in which pressure within the arteries of the body is elevated. About 75 million...
Heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart attack...
Hemochromatosis (Iron Overload)
Hereditary hemochromatosis (iron overload) is an inherited disorder in which there is excessive accumulation of iron in the body....
Hepatitis (Viral Hepatitis, A, B, C, D, E, G)
Hepatitis is most often viral, due to infection with one of the hepatitis viruses (A, B, C, D, E, F (not confirmed), and G) or...
Hodgkin's disease is a cancer of the lymphatic system with symptoms that include unexplained, recurring fevers, unexplained...
H. pylori (Helicobacter Pylori ) Infection
Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) is a bacteria that causes chronic inflammation (gastritis) of the inner lining of the stomach,...
Lung cancer kills more men and women than any other form of cancer. Eight out of 10 lung cancers are due to tobacco smoke. Lung...
Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is cancer of the lymphatic system, a vital part of the body's immune system. Symptoms and signs include...
Malaria is a disease that is spread by the bite of an infected Anopheles mosquito. Malaria symptoms include fever, chills,...
Marfan syndrome is hereditary (genetic) condition affecting connective tissue. A person with Marfan syndrome may exhibit the...
Migraine headaches are severe headaches that are sensitive to light, sounds, and smells. Some people who suffer from...
Infectious mononucleosis is a virus infection in which there is an increase of white blood cells that are mononuclear (with a...
Multiple Sclerosis (MS Symptoms, Causes, and Life Expectancy)
Multiple sclerosis or MS is an autoimmune disorder in which brain and spinal cord nerve cells become demyelinated. This damage...
Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP)
Mitral valve prolapse (MVP) is also also known as "click murmur syndrome" and "Barlow's syndrome." Mitral valve prolapse is the...
Myasthenia gravis, a chronic autoimmune neuromuscular disease. Varying degrees of weakness of the voluntary muscles of the body...
Neutropenia (Causes, Symptoms, Ranges, Treatment)
Neutropenia is a marked decrease in the number of neutrophils, neutrophils being a type of white blood cell (specifically a form...
Pancreatic cancer is a malignant tumor of the pancreas. Pancreatic cancer has been called a "silent" disease because early...
Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) is a disorder of the muscles and joints that causes pain and stiffness in the arms, neck, shoulders,...
Pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. Symptoms and signs include cough, fever, shortness...
Pregnancy planning is an important step in preparation for starting or expanding a family. Planning for a pregnancy includes:...
Acid backing up into the larynx (voice box) causes reflux laryngitis. Irritation of the lining of the esophagus, larynx, and...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease that causes chronic inflammation of the joints, the tissue around the joints,...
Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus or SLE)
Systemic lupus erythematosus is a condition characterized by chronic inflammation of body tissues caused by autoimmune disease....
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS)
Thoracic outlet syndrome is a condition where symptoms are produced from compression of nerves or blood vessels because the...
Mycobacterium tuberculosis is the bacterium that causes tuberculosis (TB). Symptoms and signs of TB include bloody sputum, fever,...
Hypothyroidism is any state in which thyroid hormone production is below normal. Normally, the rate of thyroid hormone...
Hepatitis C (HCV, Hep C)
Hepatitis C is an inflammation of the liver due to the hepatitis C virus (HCV), which is usually spread by blood transfusion,...
Still's disease (systemic-onset juvenile rheumatoid arthritis) is a disorder characterized by inflammation with high fever...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Hyperparathyroidism is a disorder of the parathyroid glands. There are two types of hyperparathyroidism, primary and secondary....
Pulmonary Hypertension (Symptoms, Treatment Medications, Life Expectancy)
Pulmonary hypertension is an increase pressure in the pulmonary arteries that carry blood from the lungs to the heart. The most...
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Symptoms, Stages, and Prognosis
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
COPD or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a lung condition caused by smoking tobacco, exposure to secondhand smoke,...
Sleep apnea is defined as a reduction or cessation of breathing during sleep. The three types of sleep apnea are central apnea,...
Congenital Heart Defects
Congenital heart defects are heart problems that are present at birth. Genetics may play a role in some heart defects. Symptoms...
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...
Meningococcemia is a bloodstream infection caused by Neisseria meningitides. Meningococcemia symptoms include fever, headache,...
Sarcoidosis, a disease resulting from chronic inflammation, causes small lumps (granulomas) to develop in a great range of body...
Connective Tissue Disease
Connective tissue disease is when the body's connective tissues come under attack, possibly becoming injured by inflammation....
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep)
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...
Relapsing polychondritis is an uncommon, chronic disorder of the cartilage that is characterized by recurrent episodes of...
Alcoholism is a disease that includes alcohol craving and continued drinking despite repeated alcohol-related problems, such as...
Men's health is an important component to a happy lifestyle and healthy relationships. Eating healthy, exercise, managing stress,...
Jet lag (desynchonosis) is a temporary disorder that results from travel across time zones. Symptoms include anxiety,...
Botulism is an illness caused by a neurotoxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. There are three types of botulism:...
Tips for Managing Type 1 and 2 Diabetes at Home
Managing your diabetes is a full time commitment. The goal of diabetic therapy is to control blood glucose levels and prevent the...
Holiday Depression, Anxiety, and Stress
Though the holidays are a fun time for most, for others, they're a sad, lonely and anxiety-filled time. Get tips on how to avoid...
Hypothyroidism During Pregnancy
Hypothyroidism during pregnancy can be treated with synthetic thyroid hormones to maintain the proper thyroid hormone balance....
West Nile Virus
West Nile virus (West Nile encephalitis) is a brain infection caused by a virus. People become infected with the virus after...
STDs in Men
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections transmitted during sexual contact. They may be caused by viruses, bacteria,...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a virus that is spread from person to person via spit, semen, vaginal secretions, urine, blood, sexual...
Hepatitis B (HBV, Hep B)
The hepatitis B virus (HBV, hep B) is a unique, coated DNA virus belonging to the Hepadnaviridae family of viruses. The course of...
Narcolepsy (Definition, Symptoms, Treatment, Medication)
Causes of narcolepsy, a chronic disease of the central nervous system, have not been fully determined. Some theories include...
Grief: Loss of a Loved One
Grief is the feeling one experiences after a loss (of a friendship, death of loved one, job). Complicated grief refers to grief...
Drug addiction is a chronic disease that causes drug-seeking behavior and drug use despite negative consequences to the user and...
Pregnancy (Week By Week, Trimesters)
Signs and symptoms of pregnancy vary by stage (trimester). The earliest pregnancy symptom is typically a missed period, but...
Mental health is an optimal way of thinking, relating to others, and feeling. All of the diagnosable mental disorders fall under...
Esophagitis is caused by an infection or irritation of the esophagus. Infections that cause esophagitis include candida yeast...
A tension headache s one of the most common types of headaches, and the exact cause is not known. Factors that may contribute to...
Myofascial Pain Syndrome
Myofascial pain syndrome is muscle pain in the body's soft tissues due to injury or strain. Symptoms include muscle pain with...
Depression in Children
Childhood depression can interfere with social activities, interests, schoolwork and family life. Symptoms and signs include...
Depression in the Elderly
Depression in the elderly is very common. That doesn't mean, though, it's normal. Treatment may involve antidepressants,...
Heart failure (congestive) is caused by many conditions including coronary artery disease, heart attack, cardiomyopathy, and...
Restrictive cardiomyopathy, the rarest form of cardiomyopathy, is a condition in which the walls of the lower chambers of the...
Dilated Cardiomyopathy is a condition where the heart's ability to pump blood is decreased because the heart's main pumping...
Cancer fatigue is a lack of energy that is caused by cancer or cancer treatment, including chemotherapy, radiation, biological...
Emotional eating can be detrimental to one's efforts at weight loss. Learning to identify the situations and emotions that...
Alternative Treatment for MS (CAM for MS)
The term alternative therapy, in general, is used to describe any medical treatment or intervention that has not been...
Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetes mellitus (juvenile) is an auto-immune disease with no known cause at this time. Symptoms of type 1 diabetes...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
Sick Building Syndrome
Multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) or also referred to as sick building syndrome or environmental illness is the name given by...
Astigmatism is an eye condition in which the cornea is abnormally curved and causes out-of-focus vision. Symptoms of astigmatism...
The cornea is the clear outer layer of the eye. If it is damaged by disease, infection, or injury, vision problems may occur....
Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease (CMT)
Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease is one of the most common inherited neurological disorders. Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease affects the...
Hashimoto's thyroiditis is the most common cause of hypothyroidism in the US. This conditions is caused by inflammation of the...
Insomnia (Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Cures)
Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of difficulty falling asleep; waking up...
Dysthymia is a less severe form of chronic depression. Symptoms and signs include insomnia, suicidal thoughts, guilt, empty...
Diabetes Treatment (Type 1 and Type 2 Medications and Diet)
The major goal in treating diabetes is controlling elevated blood sugar without causing abnormally low levels of blood sugar....
Early Pregnancy Symptoms and Signs
Pregnancy symptoms can vary from woman to woman, and not all women experience the same symptoms. When women do experience...
High Blood Pressure Treatment (Natural Home Remedies, Diet, Medications)
High blood pressure (hypertension) means high pressure (tension) in the arteries. Treatment for high blood pressure include...
Alcohol and Teens
Alcohol is the most frequently used drug by American teenagers. Teens that drink are more likely to drive under the influence,...
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, or lymph...
Cat Scratch Disease
Cat scratch disease (CSD or cat scratch fever), a bacterial disease caused by Bartonella henselae, is characterized by fever,...
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF)
Rocky Mountain spotted fever is a tick-borne disease that causes symptoms and signs such as fever, rash, headache, and muscle...
Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (PSVT)
Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) is an abnormal conduction of electricity in particular areas of the heart. PSVT...
Chest pain is a common complaint by a patient in the ER. Causes of chest pain include broken or bruised ribs, pleurisy,...
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...
Pregnancy Changes and Body Discomforts
Pregnancy can bring challenges like weight gain, stretch marks, varicose veins, heartburn, constipation,...
Viral Hemorrhagic Fever
Viral hemorrhagic fever(s), or VHFs are a group of illnesses caused by distinct families of viruses. Many of these viruses are...
Sepsis (blood poisoning) is a potentially deadly infection with signs and symptoms that include elevated heart rate, low or high...
Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS)
Toxic shock syndrome is an infection that causes symptoms such as low blood pressure, fever, and a rash with peeling skin....
There are several types of thyroid disorders including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, goiters, thyroid nodules, and thyroid...
Diabetes: Caring for Your Diabetes at Special Times
Taking care of a disease such as diabetes is a life-long process. Learn how to care for yourself or loved one with diabetes in...
Histoplasmosis is a disease caused by a fungus called Histoplasma capsulatum. The symptoms are similar to those of pneumonia and...
Pityriasis rosea is a rash that begins with a large pink patch with well-defined scaly borders on the back, chest, or neck. In...
A polio infection causes symptoms and signs such as paralysis, limb deformities, and even death. There is no curative treatment...
Lymphedema is a condition in which one or more extremities become swollen as the result of an impaired flow of the lymphatic...
Liver disease can be cause by a variety of things including infection (hepatitis), diseases such as: gallstones, high...
Chagas Disease (American Trypanosomiasis or Kissing Bug Disease)
Chagas disease is an infection caused by the T. cruzi parasite. Symptoms of Chagas disease include rash, swollen lymph nodes,...
The bacteria Brucella causes brucellosis, an infectious zoonotic disease in humans. Symptoms and signs include fatigue, fever,...
Tularemia (rabbit fever) is an infection caused by the Francisella tularensis bacteria. People can become infected with tularemia...
Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome (HPS) is a disease transmitted by rodents. Symptoms include fever and muscle pain. HPS can be...
Hepatitis A (HAV, Hep A)
Hepatitis means inflammation of the liver. Hepatitis A (HAV, Hep A) is one type of liver disease caused by a virus. Since...
Scarlet Fever (Scarlatina)
Scarlet fever, a bacterial infection caused by group A Streptococcus bacteria, causes symptoms and signs such as fever, rash with...
Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
Idiopathic means that the cause of the condition isn't known. Thrombocytopenic means there's a lower than normal number of...
Sleep and Sleep Disorders in Children and Teenagers
Sleep needs in children and teenagers depend on the age of the child. Sleep disorders in children such as: sleep apnea,...
Heart Attacks in Women
Heart disease, particularly coronary artery disease is the leading cause of heart attacks. Women are more likely to die from a...
Double vision (diplopia) is a symptom that my indicate Graves' disease, myasthenia gravis, stroke, multiple sclerosis,...
Iron is a mineral our bodies need. Iron deficiency is a condition resulting from not enough iron in the body. It is the most...
Turf toe is a sprain to the ligaments around the big toe joint. Symptoms and signs include pain, swelling, a popping sound,...
Thymoma is an uncommon cancer of the thymus gland. Many thymomas are asymptomatic. When symptoms do occur, they include chest...
Ebola (Ebola Virus Disease or Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever)
Ebola hemorrhagic fever (HF) is an often-fatal disease that causes fever, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, stomach...
Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
Cyclic vomiting syndrome is a condition in which affected individuals have severe nausea and vomiting that come in cycles....
15 Early Symptoms and Signs of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Early RA symptoms and signs vary differently from person to person. The most common body parts that are initially affected by RA...
Astigmatism and Your Eyes
Astigmatism is a common eye condition that's easily corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or surgery. Symptoms of astigmatism...
Cyclospora Infection (Cyclosporiasis)
Cyclospora cayetanensis is a parasite that causes infection when humans ingest food contaminated with feces from an infected...
Q fever is a highly infectious disease that causes high fever, diarrhea, cough, and sweating. Infected animals may transmit Q...
Interstitial Pneumonitis (Interstitial Lung Disease)
Interstitial lung disease refers to a variety of diseased that thicken the tissue between the lungs' air sacks. Viruses,...
Is Pneumonia Contagious?
Pneumonia is inflammation of the lung usually caused by bacterial or viral infection (rarely, also by fungi) that causes the air...
Is a Sinus Infection Contagious?
Sinus infection (sinusitis) is infection (viral, bacterial, or fungal) or inflammation of the sinuses. Symptoms of sinus...
Is Lyme Disease Contagious?
Lyme disease may be transmitted to humans via the bite of an infected tick. The bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi causes the disease...
Is Mononucleosis (Mono) Contagious?
Mononucleosis (mono) is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus and can be transmitted by an infected person's saliva. Mono symptoms and...
Is Whooping Cough (Pertussis) Contagious?
Whooping cough (pertussis) is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by Bordetella pertussis. Pertussis is...
Is Swine Flu (H1N1) Contagious?
Swine flu (H1N1) is a contagious virus that spreads when an infected individual expels virus-containing droplets into the air...
Is the Ebola Virus Contagious?
Ebola hemorrhagic fever is a highly contagious disease that is transmitted through direct contact. Ebola's incubation period...
Bronchiolitis is an illness caused by a variety of viruses that is most common during the winter season. Bronchiolitis symptoms...
Is Chickenpox Contagious?
Chickenpox is an infectious disease caused by the varicella zoster virus. Chickenpox symptoms and signs include a blistering,...
Bilirubin (Bilirubin Test)
Bilirubin is a waste product of the normal breakdown of red blood cells in the liver. Normal bilirubin levels vary from lab to...
Hereditary Angioedema (HAE)
Hereditary angioedema or HAE is a genetic disease that causes swelling of the skin and tissues beneath it. Symptoms of HAE...
Castleman Disease is a group of related conditions. It is a rare disease with an unknown prevalence. Signs and symptoms of...
Giant Cell Arteritis (GCA or Temporal Arteritis)
Giant cell arteritis, inflammation of blood vessel walls, affects 10%-15% of polymyalgia rheumatica patients. Symptoms of giant...
Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) is an inherited (genetic) disease that attacks motor neurons (nerve cells) in the spinal cord. As...
Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD)
Graft versus host disease (GVHD) is a condition that happens when immune cells from transplanted donor tissue attack the...
Atrial flutter is a problem with the atria of the heart. In atrial flutter the atria of the heart rapidly and repeatedly beat...
Atrial Flutter vs. Atrial Fibrillation (What Are the Differences?)
Atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation (AFib) are two types of a heart problem called atrial tachycardia. Both of these...
Atrial Fibrillation vs. Ventricular Fibrillation (AFib vs VFib ECG Strips)
Atrial fibrillation (AFib) and ventricular fibrillation (VFib) are problems with the heart that cause abnormal heart rhythms....
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer vs Small Cell Lung Cancer
Non-small cell lung cancers (NSCLC) consist of large cell carcinomas, adenocarcinomas, and squamous cell carcinomas. Small cell...
Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL)
Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a rare form of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. It is not known what causes MCL. MCL signs and symptoms...
MS vs. ALS (Differences and Similarities)
ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Lou Gehrig's disease) and MS (multiple sclerosis) are both diseases of the nervous system...
Crohn's Disease vs. Ulcerative Colitis (UC): Differences and Similarities
Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are diseases that cause inflammation of part of or the entire digestive tract (GI)....
Cold vs. Flu
Though the common cold and flu share many signs and symptoms, they are caused by different viruses. Signs and symptoms include...
Amebiasis (Entamoeba histolytica Infection)
Amebiasis is an infection caused by an amoeba. Signs and symptoms include bloody stools, abdominal pain, weight loss, fever, and...
Morgellons disease is a rare condition causing delusions the sufferer has parasites under his or her skin. The disease has a...
Are You Too Sick to Work?
When you're not feeling well, it may be difficult to decide whether to stay home or go to school or work. Conditions that are...
Fatigue - Experience
Please describe your experience with fatigue.Post View 10 Comments
Fatigue - Causes
If known, what was the cause of your fatigue? Please share your experience.Post View 14 Comments
Fatigue - Symptoms
What were the signs and symptoms associated with your fatigue?Post View 14 Comments
Fatigue - Diagnosis
Discuss the diagnosis process in finding a cause for your fatigue. What was the doctor's diagnosis?Post View 4 Comments
Fatigue - Treatment
Depending on your diagnosis, what was the treatment for your fatigue?Post View 2 Comments
Fatigue - Prevention
If possible, how do you try to prevent fatigue?Post
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- CT Scan (Computerized Tomography)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Radiation Therapy
- Hemoglobin (Low and High Range Causes)
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Thyroid Blood Tests
- Arterial Chemotherapy Infusion & Chemoembolization of Liver
- Sedimentation Rate
- Creatinine (Low, High, Blood Test Results Explained)
- Chemotherapy Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Radiation Therapy for Breast Cancer
- Physical and Occupational Therapy for Arthritis
- Ferritin Blood Test
- Chronic Fatigue FAQs
- Liposarcoma Symptoms and Treatment
- Sjogren's Syndrome Symptoms, Signs, and Diagnosis
- Adrenal Fatigue, Adrenal Exhaustion: Is It "Real?"
- Why Am I So Tired? The Many Causes of Fatigue
- Muscle Cramp (Charley Horse) Treatment and Symptoms
- How Much Protein Do I Need?
- Cat Scratch: What Is Cat Scratch Disease?
- Angina: Don't Take It Lightly
- Caffeine Addiction, Can You Quit?
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML)
- Dukan Diet
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Health Tip: Identify Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue
- Frequent Blood Donations Safe for Some, But Not All
- Lady Gaga's Fibromyalgia Puts Illness in the Spotlight
- Yoga May Bring Better Sleep to Breast Cancer Patients
- Focus on Just One Sport Can Mean Stress for Girls
- Health Tip: Stay Safe on the Road
- Health Tip: Prevent Dehydration
- TV Binge-Watching May Leave You Like 'The Walking Dead'
- Researchers Developing Early Detection Test for Lyme Disease
- Health Tip: Flu Season is Around the Corner
- Health Tip: Sleepiness on the Job
- When Stress Hormone Falters, Your Health May Suffer
- Diabetes Drug Shows Promise Against Parkinson's
- Resistance Training May Slow MS, Study Says
- How Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Wears Patients Out
- Many High School Principals Know Little About Concussions
- Exercising Safely With Diabetes
- Scientists Spot Genes Behind Crohn's, Ulcerative Colitis
- Guided Exercise May Help Chronic Fatigue Patients: Study
- Health Tip: Managing Arthritis Fatigue
- Birth Control Pills Recalled Due to Danger of Unintended Pregnancy
- Bed Partner Often Fuels Loved One's Insomnia
- Migraine Warning Signs May Differ in Kids, Adults
- Shifting Weather Can Unleash Pollen 'Superburst'
- Reporting Symptoms Online to Docs Helps Cancer Patients Live Longer
- Health Tip: How to Spot a Sprained Neck
- Yoga, Meditation May Ease Some Breast Cancer Symptoms
- Could Tai Chi Ease Insomnia in Breast Cancer Survivors?
- Cervical Cancer May Leave Lasting Imprint on Survivors
- Brain Research Fuels New Migraine Treatments
- De-Stressing at Lunch
- Could Germs in the Gut Give Rise to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
- Nurse! What's Taking So Long?
- FDA Approves Hep C Drugs for Kids 12 and Older
- Are There Two Forms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
- Zika Virus May Also Harm the Heart
- Gleevec Keeps a Leukemia in Check for More Than a Decade: Study
- Exercise Helps Counter Cancer-Linked Fatigue
- Scientists Spot Signs That Predict Worsening Multiple Sclerosis
- ACL Tears on the Rise Among Kids, Especially Girls
- Student-Athletes Don't Have to Be Hit By Injuries
- What to Do If You Think You're Having a Heart Attack
- Health Tip: Make Sure You Get Enough Iron
- Stress-Busting Tips
- Jury Still Out on Whether to Screen All Adults for Sleep Apnea
- Exercise Rates Often Decline After Cancer Diagnosis
- Health Tip: Help Young Athletes Avoid Malnutrition
- Postpartum Depression Affects New Dads, Too
- Study Casts Doubt on Long-Used Morning Sickness Drug
- Is It a Cold or the Flu? Here's How to Tell
- Homeless, And Often Sleepless Too
- Health Tip: Fighting Fatigue
- Mumps Cases Hit 10-Year High in U.S.
- Ovarian Cancer Drug Given Fast-Track Approval
- Beating Breast Cancer But Still Paying a Price
- Another Menopause Side Effect: Shortness of Breath?
- Was Football Safer Back in the Day?
- New Drug Combo Shows Promise Curbing Tough-to-Treat Breast Cancer
- New Drug Might Reduce Sickle Cell Pain Crises
- New Drug May Brighten Outlook for Advanced Breast Cancer
- Health Tip: Keep Psoriatic Arthritis Fatigue in Check
- Intense Chemo Offers Little Benefit for Early Breast Cancer: Study
- MS Symptoms May Develop Earlier in Darker, Cooler Climes
- Sunday's Time Change Offers a Mixed Bag
- FDA Warns of Dangers From Testosterone Supplements
- Some Mexican Ceramics Can Serve Up Lead Poisoning
- Drug Trio Shows Major Promise Against Myeloma
- How to Protect Yourself From the Seasonal Flu
- Why Some Women Find Good Sleep Tough to Get
- First Days of Preseason Practice Pose Big Heat Risks for College Football Players
- Gut Bacteria May Hold Clues to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- How to Spot the Warning Signs of Heat Stroke
- Concussion Rates Have Doubled Among U.S. Kids
- New Drug Eases Huntington's Disease Symptoms: Study
- Exercise May Help Ease Adult ADHD Symptoms
- Just a Little of Statins' Effect Enough to Help Heart: Study
- Health Tip: Laxatives Have Side Effects
- Mindfulness Meditation Seems to Soothe Breast Cancer Survivors
- Ocaliva Approved for Rare Liver Disease
- Fastballs a Fast Track to 'Tommy John Surgery'?
- 7 Ways to Give Ticks the Slip
- FDA Approves New Drug to Treat Bladder Cancer
- Drug Protects Lung Function in Kids With Sickle Cell: Study
- More Support for Aggressive Blood Pressure Treatment for Elderly
- Restrictive Diets May Cause Thyroid Troubles in Young Kids
- Desperate for Shut-Eye?
- Drug Shows Promise Against Rare, Aggressive Skin Cancer
- Talk Therapy May Help Depressed Teens Who Shun Antidepressants
- Scientists Try to Stop Another Deadly Virus
- For 'Ironman' Athletes, Study Shows Danger of Too Much Water
- Smoothing the Transition to Daylight Saving Time
- Sleepless in the City? Nighttime Light Pollution May Be to Blame
- Health Tip: Protect Your Eyes From Fatigue
- Sleeping Pills May Spell Trouble for Older Drivers
- Helping With Health Care Takes Heavy Toll on Caregivers
- Standardized Test Scores Decline With Each Passing Hour of School
- Meditation May Ease Pain, Anxiety From Breast Cancer Biopsy: Study
- Study: Causes of Gulf War Illness Pinpointed
- Drowsy Drivers Pose Risks to Others, Themselves
- Drugs May Protect the Heart During Chemotherapy
- Anthrax Vaccine Approval Expanded
- Truckers' Fatigue, Cellphones Boost Their Crash Risk: Study
- DNA Damage May Play a Role in Gulf War Syndrome
- Lonsurf Approved for Advanced Colon Cancer
- 'Mud Bogging' Motor Sport Tied to Carbon Monoxide Poisonings, Deaths
- A Tired Surgeon Still a Good Surgeon, Study Finds
- Excessive Sports Training Hurts Kids, Expert Warns
- Could Too Many Refined Carbs Make You Depressed?
- Standing All Day at Work? It May Take Toll on Health
- Office Workers, On Your Feet!
- Health Tip: Exercising Despite Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- At-Home Walks Help Those With Clogged Leg Arteries Stay Mobile
- Improper Antibiotic Use Often Due to Misdiagnosis: Study
- Many Americans Under 50 Living With Cold Sore Virus
- Concussion May Hurt School Performance for a While
- Is It a Cold or an Allergy?
- U.S. Boy's Death Highlights Rare Mosquito-Borne Infection
- Depression, Insomnia, Fatigue Are the Stuff of Nightmares
- Clues to 'Brain Fog' in Chronic Fatigue Patients Found in Spinal Fluid
- 'Ground Zero' Workers at Risk of Autoimmune Diseases: Study
- Always Sleepy After the Change to Daylight Saving Time?
- Immune System Changes Tied to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Heart Valve Repair Surgery May Ease Mental Health Symptoms, Too
- Iron Supplements May Help Blood Donors Recover More Quickly
- Shorter Hours for Doctors Don't Lead to Expected Improvements: Study
- Binge-Watching TV May Be Sign of Depression, Loneliness
- Therapists Must Ease Patients' Fear When Treating Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Study
- Bad Flu Season Continues to Take Toll, Especially Among the Young and Old
- Extra Bed Rest May Not Be Best for Kids With Concussions
- Health Tip: Warning Signs of Sleep Apnea
- Cutting Docs-in-Training Hours Hasn't Improved Patient Care: Studies
- Feeling 'Worn Out'? Your Heart May Pay the Price
- Hospital Workers Wash Hands Less at End of Shift, Study Finds
- Acupuncture, Exercise May Ease Pain for Breast Cancer Patients
- Brain Scans Yield Clues to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- FDA Approves New Vaccine to Protect Against Meningitis
- Sleep Woes Common Among Troubled Young Children, Study Says
- Beware Claims That Activated Charcoal Can Cure Gut Troubles
- Sleep Apnea Gear Doesn't Squelch Sex Life, Study Says
- Health Tip: Anxiety Can Affect Your Health
- Man Treated for Ebola in Atlanta Now 'Free' of the Virus
- Pricey Hepatitis Drug a Good Bet in U.S. Prisons, Study Says
- Airport Screening in West Africa Will Curb Ebola's Spread: Study
- CDC Tightens Rules on Caring for Ebola Patients
- Esbriet, Ofev Approved to Treat Deadly Lung Disease
- More Evidence That Exercise May Help Fight Depression
- Akynzeo Approved for Side Effects of Chemotherapy
- Coaches Don't Always Protect Young Pitchers' Arms: Study
- Hepatitis C Combo Pill May Cure Those Who Can Afford It
- Certain Meds, Driving Can Be Deadly Mix: FDA
- Blood Test Might Predict Speed of Recovery From Surgery: Study
- Could Dark Chocolate Help Ease Poor Leg Circulation?
- Yoga May Reduce Fatigue, Inflammation in Breast Cancer Survivors
- Celiac Disease vs. 'Gluten-Sensitive'
- High Blood Pressure, Steroids May Worsen Lupus
- Looking Sleepy Speaks Volumes, Study Says
- Are Truck Drivers on the Road to Ill Health?
- Prompt Surgery May Be Best for Heart Valve Leak
- Fatigue Affects Baseball Players' Strike-Zone Judgment: Study
- Weather Doesn't Trigger Fibromyalgia Symptoms, Study Finds
- Yet Another Reason to Avoid Fatty Foods: Fatigue
- Many U.S. Teens Struggle With Extreme Fatigue: Survey
- Health Highlights: April 19, 2013
- Ultrasound Waves, Bone Marrow Cells Show Promise in Heart Failure Patients
- Shorter Shifts for Medical Interns May Not Boost Patient Safety
- Coffee Can Help Truckers Stay Safe on the Road: Study
- No Proof Drugs Ease Kids' Migraines: Study
- U.S. Vets With Gulf War Syndrome Need Individualized Treatment: Report
- Multiple Concussions Could Up Depression Risk in Former NFL Players
- Cancer-Related Fatigue Often Overlooked, Study Finds
- Drug May Help Women Who Quit Smoking Avoid Weight Gain
- Palliative Care Eases Suffering for Seniors at End of Life: Study
- 'Chemo Brain' May Occur Before Treatment Even Starts
- Syria's Sarin, Chemical Weapons: FAQ
- FDA Pulls One Generic Form of Wellbutrin Off the Market
- 'Protected Power Naps' Could Help Keep Medical Interns Alert: Study
- New Drug Regimens May Slow Advanced Breast Cancer
- Study: Cystic Fibrosis Patients Struggle to Exercise
- Nurses' Long Shifts May Have Downside: Study
- Vitamin D in Pregnancy May Be Key to Women's Risk for MS, Study Says
- World Diabetes Day Designed to Raise Awareness
- Tick-Borne Illnesses in U.S. Move Beyond Lyme Disease
- Acupuncture Might Ease Fatigue Linked to Breast Cancer
- Act Quickly to Beat Mold After a Flood
- Health Tip: Managing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Pain
- Synribo Approved to Treat Rare Leukemia
- Harvest Season Can Be Hazardous for Farmers
- Health Tip: Exercise for People Who Have Had Breast Cancer
- Health Tip: Signs of Heart Attack in Women
- 10-Minute 'Tension Tamer' at Bedtime May Help You Sleep: Study
- Calcium May Help Prevent Hormone Disorder
- Epilepsy Drug Shows Promise as Weight-Loss Aid, Study Says
- 'Believing' Propels Cancer Survivors to Exercise, Study Finds
- Marijuana Extract May Help Ease Muscle Stiffness in MS: Study
- Stivarga Approved for Advanced Colorectal Cancer
- Screening Tool Reveals Two Multiple Sclerosis Types
- Changes in Intestinal Bacteria Linked to Type 2 Diabetes
- COPD May Contribute to a Bad Night's Sleep
- Lab Contamination Behind Debunked Link Between Virus, Prostate Cancer
- Experimental MS Pill Continues to Show Promise
- Parkinson's Drug Mirapex Under Safety Review
- New Study Debunks Virus Theory for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Putting Your Mental Health in Order
- New Leukemia Drug Bosulif Approved for Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- FDA OKs Drug for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Few Doctors Discuss Exercise With Cancer Patients: Study
- New Tick-Borne Disease: 'Heartland Virus'
- Epilepsy Drug Gabapentin Calms Chronic Cough
- Study Casts Doubt on Link Between MS and Vein Trouble
- Zaltrap Approved for Advanced Colorectal Cancer
- Most on Gluten-Free Diet Don't Have Celiac Disease
- Teething Baby? Avoid Benzocaine, FDA Says
- Health Tip: Heed the Warning Signs of Heat Exhaustion
- Scientists Pinpoint Antibody That May Be Specific to MS Patients
- It's Not So Much the Heat, It's the Lack of Power
- No Health Risk When Jehovah's Witnesses Refuse Blood: Study
- 'Dessert' With Breakfast Boosts Weight Loss: Study
- Health Tip: Signs That May Indicate Ulcerative Colitis
- Sleep May Ease Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease: Study
- 1 in 10 Fibromyalgia Patients Uses Marijuana to Ease Pain
- Sleep Apnea May Spur Carb Cravings in Diabetics
- Fatigue in COPD Patients Often Precedes Hospitalization: Study
- Study: Statins May Be Linked to Fatigue
- Ginseng Capsules Seem to Ease Cancer-Related Fatigue
- New Drugs Unleash Immune System to Attack Tumors
- Chagas Disease FAQ
- Feeling Lackadaisical? Sleep Apnea May Be to Blame
- Surgical Residents Often Fatigued, Study Confirms
- Yoga May Improve Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- CDC: All Baby Boomers Should Get Tested for Hepatitis C
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Higher Cancer Death Risk
- Coffee May Be Part of the Recipe for a Longer Life
- Pot Might Help Ease Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms
- Does Your Child Have Seasonal Allergies or a Cold?
- With Weights, You Can Lighten Your Load
- Stem Cell Study Shows Promising Results Against Heart Failure
- Strides Made in Diagnosing, Treating Lupus
- New Guidelines for Kidney Disease Due to Lupus
- Votrient Approved to Treat Cancer That Begins in Soft Tissue
- Fatigue Not a Factor in Fibromyalgia Pain, Study Says
- New Guidelines Link Lifestyle to Cancer Survival
- New Clues to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Survey: 1 in 3 Kids Hurt Playing Sports
- Fish Oil Supplements Won't Help in Multiple Sclerosis: Study
- Exercise Benefits Breast Cancer Patients
- Breast Cancer Treatment Side Effects May Last for Years
- Short Walks May Ease Fatigue in Pancreatic Cancer Patients
- Cool Hands May Help People Exercise Longer
- Kids' Concussion Symptoms Can Last a Year, Study Says
- Heart Failure Patients Urged to Discuss Care With Docs
- New Drug May Help Fight Rare Bone Marrow Disorder
- Study: Sleep Disturbances Not Linked to Aging
- Web Therapy Helps With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Most Americans Don't Need Extra Selenium
- Poor Lung Function Linked to Heart Failure in Study
- Southerners Sleepiest, U.S. 'Sleep Map' Shows
- Zelboraf May Double Survival for Some Melanoma Patients
- Heart Attacks in Women: Different Symptoms, Different Outcomes
- Korlym Approved for Cushing's Syndrome
- Gluten Sensitivity: Fact or Fad?
- Treatment Advances Improve the Odds for Heart Failure Patients
- Is Grief an Illness? The Debate Heats Up
- Obesity Linked to Worse Fibromyalgia Symptoms
- Anemia May Boost Death Risk After Stroke
- Gleevec Approval Widened to Include Rare Cancer
- Worrying Too Much Might Raise Your Risk for Stroke
- Exercise a Good Pick-Me-Up After Cancer Treatment: Study
- New Type of Prostate Cancer Pill Extends Lives
- Erivedge Approved to Treat Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Health Highlights: Jan. 27, 2012
- Drug Approved for Advanced Kidney Cancer
- The Tall Toll of High Heels
- CDC: Morgellons Disease May Not Be Real
- Long Shifts May Raise Some Nurses' Odds for Obesity
- Too Many Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Inactive, Study Finds
- CT Scan Dye Containing Iodine May Affect Thyroid
- Protect Yourself From Ski-Fatigue Injuries
- Even Mild Dehydration May Cause Emotional, Physical Problems
- New Drug Combo for Hepatitis C Shows Promise
- Pneumonia Vaccine Approved for Older People
- Poor Sleep May Complicate Young Diabetics' Blood Sugar Control
- Some 'Gluten-Free' Beers Really Aren't: Study
- Journal Retracts Faulty Chronic Fatigue Study
- Holiday Blues May Signal Depression
- Edarbyclor Approved for High Blood Pressure
- Police Officers Often Robbed of Sleep
- Side Effects Cause Many Older Women to Drop Breast Cancer Drugs
- Chronic Fatigue Tied to Extended School Absences
- MS May Take a Different Pathway Than Previously Thought
- More Exercise Could Make For Better Sleep: Study
- Time of Surgery Doesn't Influence Results, Study Says
- Study Suggests Exercise May Help Memory of Fibromyalgia Patients
- Drugs That Control Genes May Treat Lung Cancer
- Buyer, Beware of Over-the-Counter Thyroid Supplements: Study
- Very Restricted Diet May Reduce Symptoms of IBS
- Fecal Transplant May Treat Stubborn C. diff
- Blood Pressure Drugs at Bedtime May Cut Heart Risk
- Cancer Drug May Also Treat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Radiation Plus Surgery Cuts Risk of Breast Cancer Return
- Two-Drug Combo May Help Hard-to-Treat Leukemia
- Restless Legs Syndrome May Raise BP
- Children's Chest Pain Rarely Cause for Alarm: Study
- Doctors Consider Nonverbal Cues in Medical Decisions
- Surgery vs. Laser Treatment for Varicose Veins
- Muscle Relaxant May Ease Fibromyalgia Pain
- Tool Helps Decide When to Get Weight Loss Surgery
- Curry Spice Offers Hope for Tendinitis Pain
- Exercise a 'Wonder Drug' for Cancer Survival
- Genes Linked to Restless Legs Syndrome Identified
- College Players' Hoop Dreams May Get Boost From Extra Zzz's
- Exercise Improves Sleep and Nighttime Breathing Troubles
- Underused Treatments Could Save Lives From Heart Failure
- Sleep Loss May Lower Testosterone
- Chronic Pain of Fibromyalgia Takes Toll on Everyday Life
- Drug Combo May Help Treat Kids With ADHD
- FDA Warns About Teething Medication
- Prostate Cancer: Early Surgery or Watchful Waiting?
- FDA Approves New Melanoma Treatment Yervoy
- Elizabeth Taylor Dies of Heart Failure
- Gleevec Gets High Marks for Leukemia Treatment
- Whey Protein May Help Build Muscles
- Breast Cancer Drug Eribulin Extends Survival
- Fish Oil Counters Chemotherapy Weight Loss
- Poor Sleep May Worsen RA Symptoms
- Lack of Sleep Hurts Your Looks
- Heart Attack Risk Quickly Follows RA Diagnosis
- Fibromyalgia, Restless Legs Syndrome Overlap
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter