A face lift is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of excess facial skin to promote a more youthful appearance. Potential complications of the procedure include
- asymmetry, and
- loss of muscle function or sensation.
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Skin and Makeup Quiz: Test Your Skin and Makeup IQ
Are you doing right by your skin? Take the Skin and Makeup Quiz to learn how to make the most of your beauty regimen....
Picture of Skin
The skin is the largest organ of the body, with a total area of about 20 square feet. See a picture of the Skin and learn more...
Cosmetic Surgery: Before and After Photos of Cosmetic Surgeries
Thinking about getting plastic surgery? Check out before and after pictures of popular cosmetic surgery procedures, including:...
Related Disease Conditions
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Bell's Palsy (Facial Nerve Problems) Paralysis Causes and Treatments
Bell's palsy is one type of facial nerve paralysis. The 7th cranial nerve controls the muscles of the face, and although...
Wrinkles, whether they be fine line or deep furrows, typically appear on areas of the body that receive a high amount of exposure...
The most common cause of a black eye is due to an injury to the face or head. Most black eye injuries are minor and heal on their...
Local ResourcesFind a local Plastic Surgeon in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Questions To Ask Before Surgery
- Chin, Cheek, and Jaw Implants
- Laser Resurfacing
- Chemical Peel
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)
- Neck Lift Cosmetic Surgery
- Brow Lift Cosmetic Surgery
- Lip Augmentation
- Lipoplasty (Ultrasonic Assisted)
- Permanent Makeup (Micropigmentation)
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic Surgery)
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Looking for a Plastic Surgeon on Instagram? Beware
- 'Optimal' Facelifts Do Make You Look Younger, Study Finds
- Americans Embraced Record Number of Lip Procedures in 2015
- 'Fat Grafting' Widely Used During Facelift Surgery
- Facelifts May Make Women Seem More Likable, Study Suggests
- Breast Cancer Patients Have Unrelated Plastic Surgery After Reconstruction
- Herbal Meds, Cosmetic Surgery a Bad Mix: Experts
- As Economy Rebounds, More Folks Try Turning Back Hands of Time
- 'Chinplants' Fastest Growing Plastic Surgery Trend
- More Patients Seek Plastic Surgery Advice From Facebook, Twitter
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Skin Care & Conditions Newsletter