Patient Comments: Floaters - Disappearance

Did your eye floater go away? If so, how long did it take? Please share your story. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Arsh, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 13

I wanted to share a positive feedback about floaters. I got them a year back and as a panicky person I simply googled about it and read everyone's reviews about it and got even more scared and saw my floaters even more. I have plenty of them. Dots and strings of multiple dots but trust me I hardly even see them now. I do have them when I notice them but otherwise you just look past them. Your brain doesn't register their presence with time and you see absolutely clearly. So people who just got floaters please don't panic, within weeks your mind will get used to ignoring them and everything will be back to the same. It's literally negligible. Hope it helps.

Comment from: tonilee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

When I was drinking, a lot of drinking, I had eye floaters. I gave up drinking and the floaters went away.

Comment from: Tarique, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 24

Never knew vitreous could liquefy. I was watching TV and just noticed a string in the corner of my right eye. I thought it must be tired eyes, went to bed and looked out the window and the string was still there. That was 10 years ago! I"m 50 now. No satisfactory explanation was given. No remedy works though I believe reduction in blood sugar levels coupled with preventing shocks to the head area will go some way in reducing occurrence of these spots. Stay away from high gravity rides at parks as well.

Comment from: Gyadi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I got hit in the eye by my son's elbow! I saw a bright light and got a lot of tears in my eye. I had my eye checked and have now got the result that I have PVD (posterior vitreous detachment) I will have floaters for the rest of my life! I am 44! I really would be ok with that if there is no danger of anything else. As annoying as they are I am scared it will lead to something worse. I have been checked and thankfully don't have retinal detachment and almost 3 months has passed after the accident.

Comment from: humayun babar, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: May 20