Patient Comments: Eye Allergies - Prevention

What are the triggers for your eye allergies? How do you prevent them? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: rodnsue, (Patient) Published: June 02

I am just starting a new hobby, gardening. I have taken out a hydrangea bush, a small juniper shrub and some nasty weeds with thousands of burrs. Now I have itchy, red, swollen, eyes that feel like I have dust in them but I can"t actually see anything. Eyelids are swollen upper and under, feel like my eyes are dry all the time, so I"m thinking these plants are the cause of all my trouble.

Comment from: Karthi, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 13

I think this is one of the sites with complete information about eye conditions. I have ongoing dry eyes, blepharitis and cornea scratching issues. Now, after using Opatanol the condition improved. I still have light sensitivity which I believe will reduce slowly.

Comment from: Suziquzi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

I have narrowed down my allergies to something in certain eye makeup colors. Brand makes no difference, but the purple shades of shadow and liner cause me immediate trouble. Most recently, even an azure blue has caused a reaction.

View the Eye Diseases and Conditions Slideshow Pictures