Patient Comments: Heart Disease - Symptoms

What heart disease symptoms do you experience? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Linda, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 07

I am a 65 year old woman and moderately overweight for at least 10 years. I had a heart attack on Sunday, 5/3/2015. I had just been to the same emergency room 2 days before, presenting all of the classic heart attack symptoms, i.e., chest pain, shoulder pain, left arm pain, nausea, and was told I had indigestion. Unlike Friday where the chest pain came and went, Sunday morning's pain was unrelenting. My EKG was normal. Heart enzymes were normal. Luckily, a cardiologist was there within seconds. One look at me and he said 'she's having a heart attack, prepare her for surgery'. I woke up in cardiac ICU with no pain but many wires and medical instruments beeping. I was just glad to be there to hear it. I learned that my left ascending artery (LAD) had been 100 percent blocked and a stent with a medicine coating, to help keep it from getting clogged, had been inserted. I was released yesterday and have already made an appointment for my first cardiac therapy (not the same as rehabilitation) next Monday. I want to make a difference with this second chance.

Comment from: dudu, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 07

I am experiencing stabbing pain on my left and pain in the arm. The heart is throbbing on the left hand side and goes down my neck into the arm.

Comment from: Lake girl, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

I have swelling ankles and feet, along with pain because of heart disease.

Comment from: Lynn, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: August 05

I have fluctuating blood pressure and blood pressure readings of 100/48, with lightheadedness.

Comment from: Chris, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: March 11

After doing some heavier than normal work the previous day, I woke up around 2 or 3 AM feeling sickly and sweaty for about 15 minutes but then slowly felt better the next day. I ignored the symptoms and felt good for 2 weeks till the same symptoms occurred again. I called 911, was taken to hospital and had 4 stents put in around my heart veins. That was 4 years ago and am doing fine.

woman with abdominal pain