Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety. There are fitness programs that fit any age or lifestyle. Read more: Fitness Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Lower Your Cholesterol, Save Your Heart
Need to lower your cholesterol levels? Use these smart diet tips to quickly and easily lower your blood cholesterol levels....
How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Trying to lower high blood pressure (hypertension)? Discover exercises good for lowering blood pressure, along with other...
Cholesterol Levels: What the Numbers Mean
Do you know the different cholesterol levels and what they mean? Learn the alphabet soup of cholesterol testing: LDL, HDL, good,...
What Is Osteoporosis? Treatment, Symptoms, Medication
Osteoporosis is a disease characterized by low bone mass and density. Osteoporosis causes symptoms of weak, thin, fragile bones....
Stroke Causes, Symptoms, and Recovery
What is a stroke? Learn about stroke symptoms like sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, vision problems, or problems with...
Slideshow: Exercises for Knee Osteoarthritis and Joint Pain
Learn about osteoarthritis and exercises that relieve knee osteoarthritis pain, stiffness and strengthen the knee joint and...
Osteoporosis Super-Foods for Strong Bones With Pictures
What sweetener is loaded with calcium? These bone-building super foods can help stave off osteoporosis, and many of them will...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Exercises Slideshow: Joint-Friendly Fitness Routines
Regular exercise boosts fitness and helps reverse joint stiffness for people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Our experts offer...
Menopause & Perimenopause: Symptoms, Signs
What is menopause? What are the signs of menopause? What age does menopause start? Learn about menopause and perimenopause...
Spider & Varicose Veins: Causes, Before and After Treatment Images
Learn the causes of spider veins and varicose veins and how to prevent them. Explore which treatments get rid of spider and...
Pictures of the 7 Most Effective Exercises to Do at the Gym or Home (and Tips to Improve Form)
These seven exercises deliver fitness results at home or in the gym. Start your training to better physical health with the most...
Pictures of the 7 Riskiest Workout Moves, and How to Improve Them
Working out is supposed to make you healthier--but some exercises can leave your body at risk of pain or injury. Some exercises...
Exercise and Fitness Quiz: Test Your IQ
Take our Exercise and Fitness Quiz and learn to maximize your fitness level with simple exercises that do not require major...
Exercise Tips for Seniors
Exercise for seniors is important for healthy and successful aging. Learn what happens to our bodies as we age, how to start...
Cholesterol Drugs: What to Expect With Heart Medication
When diet and exercise aren't enough, should you turn to drugs? Learn cholesterol basics, drug classes, and available drugs along...
How to Prevent the Common Cold
The common cold is arguably the most common human illness. Learn how long the common cold lasts, treatment for the common cold...
The 30-Minute Fitness Routine in Pictures
This quick, high-intensity 30-minute workout routine can make you look better and feel better. Discover the right way to do...
Foods to Boost Your Energy and Mood
Learn which foods may boost your energy level and have a positive impact on your mood. Foods such as salmon, Brazil nuts, and...
Sports Injuries: Types, Treatments, and Prevention
Learn about common sports injuries types, treatments, and prevention. Can you heal a pulled muscle in the back, neck, lower back...
ADHD in Children: Better Parenting
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a common disorder seen in children. Parents can learn tips and techniques to...
Butt Exercise Pictures: Workouts for Slim and Shapely Glutes
Want a rear view that kicks butt? Discover the right exercises, cardio, and style choices that can help in the quest for the...
Benefits of Exercise: Fitness Facts Prove the Benefits of Working Out
These fitness facts explain why to get in shape. Check out these health facts on the benefits of exercise....
Slideshow: The 7-Minute Workout
The 7-minute workout provides a free, convenient way to get and stay fit. Discover these short, quick exercises that use your own...
No-Gym Workout in Pictures: Equipment, Routines, and More
Learn about this no-gym, at home quick workout. It can get you into great shape at home and shows the best moves for flat abs and...
17 Must-Try Fitness Workouts in Pictures
Learn the latest exercise crazes such as TRX, pole dancing, Zumba, Kangoo jumps, boot camps, exergames and more that are designed...
Healthy Indulgences for Under $15 With Pictures
Isn't it time you took care of yourself? Good food, relaxation, laughter -- we offer 15 great ideas for affordable, healthy...
Bodybuilding Pictures: Muscle-Building Workout and Diet for Men
Want bulging biceps and a bigger chest? Our experts demonstrate the right moves to help men build bigger muscles with just two...
Exercise and Fitness: 10 Budget-Friendly Exercise Gadgets
There are plenty of cheap and free ways to exercise. Learn about inexpensive ways to get in shape with the use of jump ropes,...
Exercise Tips for Kids and the Whole Family
Exercise is great for kids, and fun activities for the whole family are there if you know how to find them. Learn how to lose...
Related Disease Conditions
Staph Infection (Staphylococcus Aureus)
Staphylococcus or Staph is a group of bacteria that can cause a multitude of diseases. Staph infections can cause illness...
Jock itch is an itchy red rash that appears in the groin area. The rash may be caused by a bacterial or fungal infection. People...
A hernia occurs when an organ or piece of tissue protrudes from the space in which it is normally contained. Symptoms of a hernia...
Bursitis of the hip results when the fluid-filled sac (bursa) near the hip becomes inflamed due to localized soft tissue trauma...
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension) Symptoms and Treatments
Low blood pressure, also referred to as hypotension, is blood pressure that is so low that it causes symptoms or signs due to the...
Muscle spasms are involuntary muscle contractions that come on suddenly and are usually quite painful. Dehydration, doing...
Rosacea is a skin disease that causes redness of the forehead, chin, and lower half of the nose. In addition to inflammation of...
A torn meniscus (knee cartilage) may be caused by suddenly stopping, sharply twisting, or deep squatting or kneeling when lifting...
Learn about osteoporosis, a condition characterized by the loss of bone density, which leads to an increased risk of bone...
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. The two types of diabetes are...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
High blood pressure is defined as a pressure of 140/90 mmHg or higher in the arteries. Genetic factors, high salt intake, and...
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when menstrual periods permanently stop, also called the "change of life." Menopause...
Pityriasis rosea is a rash that begins with a large pink patch with well-defined scaly borders on the back, chest, or neck. In...
Migraine headaches are severe headaches that are sensitive to light, sounds, and smells. Some people who suffer from...
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Peripheral Vascular Disease
Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) refers to diseases of the blood vessels (arteries and veins) located outside the heart and...
Athlete's foot (tinea pedis) is a skin infection caused by the ringworm fungus. Symptoms include itching, burning, cracking,...
Multiple Sclerosis (MS Symptoms, Causes, and Life Expectancy)
Multiple sclerosis or MS is an autoimmune disorder in which brain and spinal cord nerve cells become demyelinated. This damage...
Osteopenia is a bone condition characterized by bone loss that is not as severe as in osteoporosis. Bone fracture is the typical...
Foot pain may be caused by injuries (sprains, strains, bruises, and fractures), diseases (diabetes, Hansen disease, and gout),...
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Symptoms, Diet, Treatment, and Test
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a GI (gastrointestinal) disorder with signs and symptoms of: Abdominal...
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
A tension headache s one of the most common types of headaches, and the exact cause is not known. Factors that may contribute to...
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition characterized by symptoms such as fatigue, sleep disturbances, and tender points. Stress...
The time when boys and girls begin the process of sexual maturation is called puberty. During this time, both sexes undergo a...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a disease that gradually destroys the central vision. In people over 60, AMD is a...
Healthy Living and Disease Prevention
The importance of a healthy lifestyle in disease prevention is widely understood and most people know that lifestyle changes and...
Bile Duct Cancer (Cholangiocarcinoma)
Bile duct cancer (cholangiocarcinoma) is a rare type of cancer that arises from cells that line the drainage system from the...
Kyphosis is defined as an outward curvature of the thoracic spine (upper back). Abnormal kyphosis results in the appearance of a...
Chondromalacia Patella (Patellofemoral Syndrome)
Chondromalacia patella (housemaid's knee or secretary's knee) results from misalignment of the kneecap as it slides over the...
Intermittent claudication, or pain and cramping in the lower leg is caused by inadequate blood flow to the leg muscles. This lack...
Varicose vein: A dilated (widened) tortuous (twisting) vein, usually involving a superficial vein in the leg, often associated...
POTS (POT Syndrome, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
POT syndrome (POTS, postrual orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) is a nervous system disorder that causes lightheadedness and...
Cholesterol (Lowering Your Cholesterol)
High cholesterol and triglyceride levels increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. Getting your cholesterol and triglyceride...
Marfan syndrome is hereditary (genetic) condition affecting connective tissue. A person with Marfan syndrome may exhibit the...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart attack...
Cystic fibrosis is a disease of the mucus and sweat glands. Cystic fibrosis is an inherited disease. The outcome of the disease...
Compartment syndrome is a condition in which swelling and an increase in pressure within a limited space presses and compresses...
Aortic Valve Stenosis (Symptoms, Causes, Surgery)
Aortic valve stenosis is an abnormal narrowing of the aortic valve of the heart. The causes of aortic stenosis are wear and tear...
Cauliflower ear, or "Boxer's Ear" is caused by an injury to the ear, usually by blunt trauma from sports such as boxing,...
Asthma: Over the Counter Treatment
Patients who have infrequent, mild bouts of asthma attacks may use over-the-counter (OTC) medications to treat their asthma...
The main features of metabolic syndrome include insulin resistance, hypertension (high blood pressure), cholesterol...
Sprains and Strains
An injury to a ligament is called a sprain, and an injury to muscle or tendon is called a strain. Sprains and strains may be...
Sleep apnea is defined as a reduction or cessation of breathing during sleep. The three types of sleep apnea are central apnea,...
Angina (Symptoms, Causes, Types, Diagnosis, and Treatment)
Angina is chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Angina symptoms may include chest tightness, burning,...
Knee injuries, especially meniscus tears, are common in contact sports. Symptoms and signs of a torn meniscus include knee pain,...
Amenorrhea (including hypothalmic amenorrhea) is a condition in which there is an absence of menstrual periods in a woman. There...
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, or lymph...
Cellulite is caused by fat deposits that distort connective tissues under the skin, resulting in a dimpled appearance of the...
A frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) is when the shoulder joint experiences a significant loss in its range of motion due to...
Dilated Cardiomyopathy is a condition where the heart's ability to pump blood is decreased because the heart's main pumping...
High Blood Pressure Treatment
High blood pressure (hypertension) means high pressure (tension) in the arteries. Treatment for high blood pressure include...
Panic attacks are sudden feelings of terror that strike without warning. These episodes can occur at any time, even during sleep....
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS or SEID)
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) or systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID) is a debilitating and complex disorder...
Asthma is a condition in which hyperreactive airways constrict and result in symptoms like wheezing, coughing, and shortness of...
Turf toe is a sprain to the ligaments around the big toe joint. Symptoms and signs include pain, swelling, a popping sound,...
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Pregnancy planning is an important step in preparation for starting or expanding a family. Planning for a pregnancy includes:...
Shin splints result from inflammation from injury to the tendon and adjacent tissues in the front of the outer leg. Shin splints...
Dystonia disorders cause involuntary movements and prolonged muscle contraction, resulting in twisting body motions, tremor, and...
Concussion is a short-lived loss of brain function that is due to head trauma. There are two types of concussion, simple and...
Anaphylaxis is a serious allergic reaction that affects a number of different areas of the body at one time, and can be fatal....
Type 1 vs Type 2 Diabetes (Similarities and Differences)
Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic condition in which a person's blood sugar (glucose) levels are too high. Over 29.1 million...
Emotional eating can be detrimental to one's efforts at weight loss. Learning to identify the situations and emotions that...
Encopresis is a type of elimination disorder in which bowel movements are passed into places other than the toilet. Children with...
Post-polio syndrome (PPS) is a group of signs and symptoms that show up two to four decades after the initial polio infection....
Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetes mellitus (juvenile) is an auto-immune disease with no known cause at this time. Symptoms of type 1 diabetes...
Hyperthermia is the overheating of the body. Heat-related illnesses, all hyperthermia conditions, include: heat stroke,...
Anabolic steroids are synthetic substances that are related to testosterone and promote skeletal muscle growth and the...
13 Tips for Parenting a Teen With ADHD
Parenting a teenager who has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can be challenging. Parents can use specific...
Fast-food consumption and lack of exercise are just a couple of causes of childhood obesity. Health effects of childhood obesity...
Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease (CMT)
Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease is one of the most common inherited neurological disorders. Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease affects the...
There are two types of asthma medications: long-term control with anti-inflammatory drugs and quick relief from bronchodilators....
Eosinophilic Fasciitis (Shulman's Syndrome)
Eosinophilic fasciitis is a skin disease that causes thickening and inflammation of the skin and fascia. Symptoms include...
Hodgkin's disease is a cancer of the lymphatic system with symptoms that include unexplained, recurring fevers, unexplained...
COPD vs. Emphysema (Differences Similarities)
COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) is the term doctors and other health care professionals use to describe a group of...
Dysthymia is a less severe form of chronic depression. Symptoms and signs include insomnia, suicidal thoughts, guilt, empty...
Stretch marks occur in the dermis, the elastic middle layer of skin that allows it to retain its shape. When the skin is...
Heart Attack Treatment
A heart attack involves damage or death of part of the heart muscle due to a blood clot. The aim of heart attack treatment is to...
Alzheimer's Disease Patient Caregiver Guide
Caring for a loved one or patient with Alzheimer's can become a difficult and overwhelming task at times. This guide helps...
Pycnodysostosis (pyknodysostosis) is an inherited disease of the bone. Characteristics of individuals with pycnodysostosis are:...
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in Teens
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in teens is a disruption of neurocognitive functioning. Genetics contribute to...
Restrictive cardiomyopathy, the rarest form of cardiomyopathy, is a condition in which the walls of the lower chambers of the...
Breast Cancer Prevention
Lifestyle changes, a healthy antioxidant-rich diet, exercise, and weight reduction can help reduce a woman's risk of developing...
Parenting a Child With ADHD
ADHD is a behavioral condition with characteristics that include hyperactivity, inattention, and impulsivity. Parenting a child...
Tips for Managing Type 1 and 2 Diabetes at Home
Managing your diabetes is a full time commitment. The goal of diabetic therapy is to control blood glucose levels and prevent the...
Oral Health and Bone Disease
Osteoporosis may be linked to bone loss in the jaw, which in turn, leads to tooth loss. Low bone density may result in...
Heart Attack Prevention
Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management....
Vitamins & Exercise: Heart Attack Prevention Series
Vitamins and exercise can lower your risk for heart attack and heart disease. Folic acid, vitamins, and homocysteine levels are...
Alternative Treatment for MS (CAM for MS)
The term alternative therapy, in general, is used to describe any medical treatment or intervention that has not been...
Headaches are a common complaint for many people. There are many types of headaches such as migraine, tension, cluster, and the...
Certain behavioral, lifestyle, and environmental factors contribute to cancer. Cancer prevention involves modifying these factors...
Pregnancy Changes and Body Discomforts
Pregnancy can bring challenges like weight gain, stretch marks, varicose veins, heartburn, constipation,...
Endometrial Cancer Prevention
Endometrial cancer, or uterine cancer, affects the endometrium of the uterus. It's the most common invasive cancer of the female...
Juvenile Bone Health
Setting a good example for your children when it comes to diet and exercise will help them to make healthy decisions about...
Exercise-induced asthma is asthma triggered by vigorous exercise. Symptoms include coughing, shortness of breath, chest...
Fitness - Describe Your Activity
How do you exercise? Discuss the types of exercise in which you participate.Post
Fitness - Getting Started
Every little bit helps. Share tips to get motivated and start a fitness program.Post
Fitness - Incorporating Into Life
Are you too busy for exercise? How do you incorporate fitness into your daily life?Post
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Exercise and Fitness FAQs
- 7 Ways to Measure Health and Fitness
- The China Study
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
- Fibromyalgia: 3 Things to Do
- How Muscles Work & Respond to Resistance Training
- Sickle Trait and Sickle Cell Disease
- 7 Most Effective Exercises
- 10 Tips for Fitness Walking
- Prediabetes Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Summer Heat: 15 Ways to Keep Cool When It’s Hot
- Exercise: Is The Weather Holding You Back From Exercising?
- Tennis Elbow: What Is Tennis Elbow?
- Diet and Women
- Top 2 Prevention Measures - FREE
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Questions for Your Doctor
- Coping With Chronic Rheumatic Diseases
- Seniors - More Exercise, Less Broken Hips
- Seniors - Falls Cause Serious Injuries
- 10 Tips to Avoid Insomnia and Get a Good Night's Sleep
- Kids: How to Keep Your Kids Healthy
- Colds: 10 Tips to Prevent The Common Cold
- Sports Injury Treaments
- Stress: 8 Immediate Stress-Busters
- Are Hives Always Caused by an Allergy?
- How Pie Prevents Blood Clots
- Fitness When There's No Time to Exercise
- Knee Pain: Is It Chondromalacia?
- Stress: Three Minutes to Stress Relief!
- Drinking Too Much Water While Exercising Can Be Dangerous
- Fibromyalgia Treatments Without Drugs
- Hiatal Hernia and Exercise
- 3 Day Diet
- 17 Day Diet
- Baby Food Diet
- Dukan Diet
- Grapefruit Diet
- High Blood Pressure and Exercise
- Dementia Prevention: Brain Exercise
- Ovarian Cancer: Exercise May Help Prevent
- Ask the Experts - Fitness
- Health: Are You Living a Healthy Lifestyle?
- Exercise Improves Breast Cancer Survival
- Work: TV, Internet Pose Health Risks for Full-Time Workers
- Heart Risks - Reduced By Walking & Vigorous Exercise
- Heart Disease Risks Reduced With Running
- Football, Knee Ligament Injury...Is it the Shoes?
- Exercise (Not Diet) Best for Overweight Teens
- Broken Wrist & Other Injury Risks With In-Line Skating
- Overweight And Obesity Guidelines
- Diabetes - Foot Care: A Walking Matter
- Exercise Therapy in Diabetes - Part 2
- Exercise Therapy in Type 2 Diabetes - Part 1
- GERD Symptoms After Exercise?
- Cilostazol: New Claudication Drug
- Circadian Rhythms & Athletics . . . NFL Odds
- Bicycle Helmet Use by Children: Bad News-Good News
- Cancer,Stroke & Heart Attack Risks- ReducedThrough Walking
- Liver Injury from Mountain Biking
- Hip Injury - Shoes, A Factor In Elderly Falls
Medications & Supplements
- Cox-2 Inhibitors
- cilostazol - oral, Pletal
- sodium chloride, potassium chloride, sodium lactate and calcium (Lactated Ringer's Solution)
- Anabolic Steroids (Oral Androgens)
- Repatha (evolocumab)
- Trulicity (dulaglutide)
- glipizide and metformin (Metaglip has been discontinued in the US)
- lorcaserin HCL (Belviq)
Prevention & Wellness
- Everything You Need to Know About Exercise and Hydration
- Health Tip: How Much Exercise Do You Need?
- Preventing Sports Injuries
- Older Women Can 'Walk Away From the Grim Reaper'
- Even Advanced Breast Cancer Patients Gain From Exercise
- Turn Over a New Leaf This Fall -- Start Exercising
- Even a Little Walking Can Lengthen Your Life
- Online Game Could Boost Family Fitness
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Sports Injuries
- Heart-Lung Fitness Challenged in Early Full-Term Babies
- Don't Let Your Kids Get Sidelined With Sports-Related Infections
- For Men, Fitness Can Often Last a Lifetime
- Styling a Home Gym
- Lifestyle Tips for Better Diabetes Control
- Remember This: A Healthy Body Keeps the Mind Sharp, Too
- Getting Physical With a Personal Trainer
- U.S. Obesity Rate Holding Steady, but Still High
- Getting Fit as a Family
- Make Exercise a Work-in-Progress
- Could Big Lifestyle Changes Be Key to Managing Type 2 Diabetes?
- Choosing a Gym: Exercise Your Options
- Taking a Stand on Staying Mobile After 80
- Yoga May Boost Aging Brains
- Take to the Road on 2 Wheels
- Golfing and Gardening Your Way to Fitness
- New Surgery May Fix Tough-to-Treat Rotator Cuff Tears
- Walking Rates Are Key to a Country's Obesity Levels
- Seniors' Lungs Can Tackle Exercise
- Take A New View of Yoga
- Health Tip: Reap the Benefits of Intense Exercise
- Health Tip: Exercise During Menopause
- Americans Want to Be Fit, But Most Don't Put in the Effort
- Want a Workout for Mind and Body? Hop on Your Bike
- Choosing a Personal Trainer
- Working Workouts Into Your Life
- Fitness Trackers Highly Inaccurate in Counting Calories Burned: Study
- Supercharging Exercise With Interval Training
- Time to Take Your Workouts Outside
- Just 2 Weeks on the Couch Can Trigger Body's Decline
- Getting Back on Track With Exercise
- Try This Workout at Home
- Got 10 Minutes to Spare?
- 7 Common Exercise Errors
- Is This Enzyme Making You Fat?
- No Excuses: Exercise Can Overcome the 'Obesity Gene'
- Mid-Life Exercise Could Jog Your Memory
- Health Tip: Don't Let Boredom Thwart Your Workout
- Stronger Muscles May Pump Up Kids' Memory Skills
- Want a Longer Life? Try Biking to Work
- Regular Phys Ed Builds More Than Fitness
- Health Tip: Stay Aware While Running
- 1 Hour of Running Extends Life by 7 Hours: Study
- Don't Bank on Heart-Rate Accuracy From Your Activity Tracker
- Fitness, Not Fat, Is Key to Post-Stroke Recovery
- Health Tip: Too Much Exercise Isn't Good Either
- Teens Who Are Lazy Bones Have Weaker Skeletons: Study
- Exercise: The Cellular 'Fountain of Youth'
- Turning Back the Aging Clock -- in Mice
- 'Heads Up' Football Program Tackles Concussion Danger in Kids
- ACL Surgery Usually Puts Athletes Back in Play: Study
- Many College Football Players Lack Vitamin D: Study
- Injury Risk May Rise When Kids Play Just One Sport
- Intensive Treatment Shows Potential Against Type 2 Diabetes
- Fitbits, Other Trackers May Be Unfit to Measure Heart Rate
- Exercise Helps Counter Cancer-Linked Fatigue
- Ice Fishing Can Invite Serious Injuries
- For Stroke Survivors, Exercise Is Good for the Brain: Review
- There's Fun and Fitness in the Pool for Asthmatic Kids
- Post-Menopausal? Give Exercise a Try
- Gym Membership Makes Your Heart Fitter, Too
- Winter's No Reason to Hibernate: Head Outside for Some Sports Fun
- Health Tip: Logging Your Exercise
- Dueling Quarterback Diets: Matt Ryan vs. Tom Brady
- High-Mileage Runners Expend Less Energy
- Fitter Seniors May Have Healthier Brains
- Exercise Rates Often Decline After Cancer Diagnosis
- Health Tip: Help Young Athletes Avoid Malnutrition
- Working Out? Don't Bring Your Cellphone
- Health Tip: Investing in Your Fitness
- Health Tip: Get Moving Toward a Healthier You
- First Stop for Scuba Divers: The Dentist's Office?
- 'Weekend Warriors' Can Still Stretch Their Life Spans
- Many Young Adults With High Cholesterol Not on Statins as Recommended
- Routine Checkup Should Assess Fitness, Too
- Health Tip: Care for Yourself
- Smartphones Could Be a Boon to Heart Health Research
- Pokemon Go, Pokemon Gone
- Health Tip: Enjoy an Active Holiday Season
- Strength Training May Prevent Side Effect of Breast Cancer Surgery
- Was Football Safer Back in the Day?
- Health Tip: Using a Fitness Tracker
- Mouthguard a Key Defense Against Sports-Related Injuries
- Hitting the Slopes? Keep These Safety Tips in Mind
- Martial Arts Can Be Hazardous to Kids
- Health Tip: Exercise Can Be a Brain-Booster
- Health Tip: Don't Nullify Your Workout
- Health Tip: Don't Fall for Exercise Myths
- Exercise Good for Cancer Patients During, After Treatment
- Friendly Competition on Social Media May Get You to the Gym
- Athletes Can Be Champs at Fighting Skin Infections
- New Guidelines Urge Diabetics to Move More
- Health Tip: Use Football Safety Equipment Correctly
- Health Tip: Beginning Yoga
- Health Tip: Choosing a Time to Work Out
- Cost Keeps Many Kids From School Sports, Other Activities
- Now Hear This: Wind Noise Can Pose Threat to Cyclists
- Fitbit, Other Heart Rate Wristbands Often Inaccurate: Study
- Back Surgery Doesn't Knock All NFL Players Out of the Game: Study
- Study Questions the No-Sex-Before-Big-Game Advice
- Do Activity Trackers Like Fitbit Boost Health?
- Can Childhood Traumas Make You Old Before Your Time?
- Encouraging Surgical ICU Patients to Get Moving Pays Off
- Health Tip: Choose the Right Shoes for Sports
- Experts Weigh In On Newly Released Health Information From Clinton, Trump
- New Textile Promises Cool Comfort Without Air Conditioning
- Risks Spike If Young Athletes Specialize Too Soon
- Health Tip: Explaining Circuit Training
- 10 Easy Ways to Build Activity Into Your Workday Routine
- Unhealthy Habits May Cost Canadians 6 Years of Life
- Ditch Your Car, Ride Your Bike and Check Your Scale
- Lots of Red Meat, an Earlier Grave?
- Summer Days Shouldn't Be Lazy for Kids
- Health Tip: Reap the Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training
- Lack of Fitness Second Only to Smoking as Predictor of Early Death: Study
- Health Tip: Get Fit While Watching TV
- 3 Health Issues That Can Threaten Young Female Athletes
- Why Breast Cancer Survivors Should Exercise
- Are High School Athletes at Risk From Artificial Turf?
- Modern Lifestyle Primary Culprit for Obesity Epidemic: Study
- Uncle Sam Wants You ... Slimmer
- Walking: The Cheap, Easy Workout
- Looks-Conscious Teens Trying Risky Supplements
- Want New Knowledge to Stick? Head Straight to a Workout
- Got a Spare 15 Minutes? A Little Exercise May Boost Life Span
- Middle-Age Fitness Helps Ward Off Stroke Later
- Health Tip: Enjoy an Active Summer
- Health Tip: Make Time for Fitness
- Message for Heart Failure Patients: Exercise
- Experts Rank America's 'Fittest Cities' -- Is Yours One of Them?
- Too Few Americans Take Advantage of Local Parks
- Exercise May Cut Risk of 13 Cancers, Study Suggests
- As Fitness Levels Rise, Diabetes Risk Drops
- Meditation May Sharpen Memory
- Stay Lean, Live Longer
- New Guidelines Recommend Inpatient Rehab After Stroke
- Kids of Older Moms May Have a Leg Up on Their Peers
- Gotta Minute? Get a Good Workout
- Obesity in Teens Seems to Raise Risk for Illness, Death in Middle Age
- Health Tip: Fighting Stress
- Many Men Have Body Image Issues, Too
- School-Based 'Overweight Warnings' May Not Keep Girls Slim
- For 'Ironman' Athletes, Study Shows Danger of Too Much Water
- Body Fat May Be Bigger Health Danger Than Body Size
- Fitness in Youth May Be Key to Diabetes Risk Decades Later
- Dance Class May Be Gateway to Exercise for Older Latinos
- How to Keep Your New Year's Exercise Mojo All Year Long
- Fitness Linked to Better Survival After First Heart Attack
- Exercise Has Its Limits for Losing Weight, Study Finds
- Being 'Fat But Fit' Won't Cut Your Risk of Premature Death
- Most Teens' Physical Activity Occurs at School
- Fitness in Youth Can Pay Off Decades Later: Study
- Why You Need Flexibility Exercises
- High 'Resting' Heart Rate Tied to Higher Odds of Early Death
- Do Men 'Eat to Impress' When a Woman's Around?
- Physical Fitness Linked to Mental Fitness in Seniors
- Health Tip: Exercising Safely in Cold Weather
- Health Tip: Snack After Sports
- Health Tip: Find Time to Stretch
- Health Tip: Avoiding the Weight-Loss Rollercoaster
- Exercise May Be Good Medicine for Irregular Heartbeat
- Health Tip: Kick Off Your Exercise Program
- Bodybuilder Supplement Abuse a Growing Concern
- High School Band Classes May Boost Teen Brains
- Exercise May Buffer Symptoms of Early Alzheimer's
- Health Tip: Vary Your Exercise Routine
- Muscle Strength Fades After Just Two Weeks of Inactivity
- Keeping Fit May Halve Seniors' Heart Failure Risk
- Extracurricular Sports May Give Kids' Academics a Boost
- Parents' Genetic Similarities Could Affect Kids' Height, Intellect
- Parents Should Set Good Example to Keep Kids Slim, Pediatrics Group Says
- The Benefits of Exercise Go Way Beyond the Muscles
- Exercise May Have Benefits Beyond Fitness in Type 2 Diabetes
- Breath-Holding Games Are Killing Swimmers, CDC Warns
- Nation's Capital Named 'Fittest City' in U.S.
- Activity Improves Survival for Those With Implanted Defibrillators
- Even in Later Life, Exercise Seems to Pay Dividends
- Biking, Walking to Work Can Help Shed Pounds
- Salt Pills Do Little for Endurance Athletes: Study
- Ease Back Into Springtime Sports, Doctor Cautions
- Exercise Might Boost Mental Function in People With Schizophrenia
- Midlife Fitness May Be a Real Cancer Fighter for Men
- COPD Takes Big Toll on Employment, Mobility in U.S.
- Health Tip: Pick Up a Jump Rope For Fitness
- Health Tip: Build a Fitness Support System
- Exercise May Boost Size of Some Brain Regions
- When One Spouse Exercises, the Other May Start, Too
- Fit Body at 40 May Keep Brain Bright at 60
- Stress May Undermine Heart Benefits of Exercise
- Health Tip: Conquering Exercise Saboteurs
- Any Exercise Is Good, But Higher-Intensity May Be Better
- Study Questions Benefits of Treadmill Desks
- Health Tip: Get Fit Without the Gym
- Lack of Exercise More Deadly Than Obesity, Study Suggests
- Terrorism Fears May Shorten Your Life, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Finding Time for Fitness
- Brain Training Goes to School
- The Promise and Perils of Brain Training
- Sleep Apnea May Lower Your Aerobic Fitness
- Calorie-Tracking Apps May Not Help You Lose Weight
- Health Tip: Seniors Shouldn't See Exercise as a Chore
- Tall, Heavy 1-Year-Olds May Be at Risk for Obesity Later, Study Finds
- Upbeat Walking Style Might Lift Your Mood
- Dads Face Guilt About Workouts, Just Like Moms Do
- Coaches Don't Always Protect Young Pitchers' Arms: Study
- Health Tip: Strained Hamstring?
- Health Tip: Exercise With Weights
- Can Exercise Prevent Type 2 Diabetes? Your Genes May Be Key
- After-School Exercise Yields Brain Gains: Study
- Adults Over 45 Not Meeting U.S. Muscle Strengthening Guidelines, Study Says
- Blood Pressure Seems to Stay Lower Longer in Fitter Men
- With Kids in School, Parents Can Work Out
- Fitness May Boost Kids' Brainpower
- For Heart Attack Survivors, More Exercise Isn't Always Better, Study Says
- Health Tip: Dressing for Fitness Success
- Fitness May Help Ward Off Depression in Girls
- Running Could Add 3 Years to Your Lifespan
- Dangerous Use of Growth Hormone Surges Among U.S. Teens
- Health Tip: Working Out at Work
- Exercise May Help Counter Health Risks of Sedentary Lifestyle
- Health Tip: Considering High-Intensity Interval Training?
- Brisk Walking May Help Curb Parkinson's Symptoms
- Soccer Scores a Goal for Senior Fitness
- Could Fitter Kids Be Smarter Kids, Too?
- U.S. Teens' Cardiorespiratory Fitness Has Dropped in Last Decade: Report
- Exercise Aids in Stroke Recovery
- Fitness May Help Older Men With High Blood Pressure Live Longer
- Is Healthy Obesity a Myth?
- Poor Fitness in Middle Age Tied to Early Death Risk in Study
- Training Programs Protect Young Athletes From ACL Tears: Report
- How to Keep Your Fitness Goals on Track
- Too Much Running Tied to Shorter Lifespan, Studies Find
- Stronger Muscles May Mean Better Health for Kids
- Exercise Affects Men's, Women's Hearts Differently: Study
- Marathon Training Might Boost Heart Health
- Health Tip: Enjoying Warm Weather Fitness
- Basketball's Fitness Benefits a Sure Bet
- Poor Fitness in Middle Age Tied to Higher Risk of Dementia
- After Hip Fracture, Home Exercise Program May Boost Recovery
- Health Tip: Are You at Risk for an Exercise Injury?
- Health Tip: Exercise in Cold Weather
- Avoid Sports Injuries: Advice From an Olympic Doctor
- FDA Wants to Update Food Labels
- Too Much Sitting May Raise Heart Failure Risk for Men
- Ease Into a Workout Program to Prevent Injuries
- Health Tip: Don't Think of Exercise as a Chore
- Ease Up on Workouts to Aid Flu Recovery, Expert Says
- Just 1 in 4 U.S. Teens Gets Enough Exercise: Report
- Fitness in Teen Years May Guard Against Heart Trouble Later
- FDA Warns Consumers Against Body-Building Supplement
- What Yoga Can and Can't Do for You
- Tanning Salons Now Outnumber McDonald's Outlets in Florida: Study
- Exercise Seems to Ease Parkinson's-Related Depression
- Avid Cellphone Use by College Kids Tied to Anxiety, Lower Grades
- Want to Stay Young? Start Moving
- Kids Worldwide Getting Less Heart Fit, Research Shows
- Men's Bigger Builds Need Bigger Noses
- Fitness Linked to Lower Heart Attack Risk in Heart Disease Patients
- Weight Loss Can Combat Irregular Heart Beat, Study Says
- Aerobics Might Boost Brain Health for Older Adults
- OxyElite Pro Dietary Supplements Recalled
- Exercise May Help Breast Cancer Survivors Battle Bone Loss
- Can Marathons Temporarily Hurt the Heart?
- Activity, Brace May Ease Arthritis Pain
- Health Tip: When Athletes Smoke
- Small Efforts Can Boost Use of Public Parks
- Health Tip: Exercising After Breast Cancer
- Star Athletes Often Endorse Junk Food, Study Says
- Health Tip: Exercise to Help Ease Stress
- Why Ballet Dancers Can Spin Without Getting Dizzy
- Health Tip: Take a Water Exercise Class
- Vigorous Exercise May Lessen Young Men's Risk of Epilepsy
- Health Tip: Easing Muscle Soreness
- U.S. Schools Show Progress in Healthy Behaviors, CDC Says
- Kidney Disease Patients Can Benefit From Exercise: Study
- Taking a Bath After a Workout? Hold the Ice, Researchers Say
- One Exercise Session Won't Bring a Good Night's Sleep
- Fitness Club Best Place for Cardiac Arrest Survival: Study
- Red Wine Supplement May Block Benefits of Exercise in Older Men
- Breathalyzer Device Tells You When Your Workout Is Burning Fat
- Your Smartphone May Be Making You Fat
- With Weekly Exercise, Time Trumps Frequency
- Suicide Rate Higher for Adults Who Were Out-of-Shape as Teens: Study
- Home Treadmills May Help People With Poor Leg Circulation
- Many Kids Missing Out on Healthy Lifestyle
- Health Tip: Get Active!
- Exercise Alone May Help Those With Type 2 Diabetes
- Short Strolls After Meals May Lower Diabetes Risk
- Men in Red: Higher Testosterone Levels, Study Finds
- Smartphone Apps Can Make Workouts More Fun
- And America's Fittest City Is...
- Statins May Hamper Workout Results
- U.S. School Kids Should Get Hour of Exercise Daily: Report
- Americans Still Making Unhealthy Choices: CDC
- Sports May Be OK With Defibrillator, Study Says
- Get Fit in Middle Age to Cut Heart Failure Risk, Study Says
- Fitness in Middle Age May Help Shield Men From Cancer Later
- Exercise May Ease Pain of Fibromyalgia, Study Suggests
- Just How Might Exercise Lower Breast Cancer Risk?
- Health Tip: Keep Your Family Fit
- Health Tip: Resolve to Meet Your Exercise Goals
- Health Highlights: April 19, 2013
- Exercise May Blunt Heavy Drinking's Effect on Brain
- Exercise May Help People With Alzheimer's Avoid Nursing Homes
- Higher Heart Rate Tied to Earlier Death, Even in Fit People
- To Stop Smoking, Teens Should Start Moving
- Health Highlights: March 26, 2013
- Physically Fit Docs More Likely to Prescribe Exercise, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Stay Fit When Traveling
- Sports Help Dads, Daughters Bond, Study Says
- Health Tip: Teach Kids to Prevent Overuse Injuries
- Walking Program Helps Stroke Survivors Get On With Life
- Health Tip: Teach Kids In-Line Skating Safety
- Football Injuries May Trigger Harmful Immune System Response
- Short-Term Exercise Might Boost Young People's Self-Control
- Health Tip: Invest in Protective Eyewear for Sports
- Exercise Leads to Better Sleep: Poll
- Resilient Personality May Bring Better Aerobic Health
- When Kids Exercise More, Their Grades Might Rise Too
- Soccer Kicks Up Activity Level of Overweight Kids: Study
- Obesity, Exercise May Affect Risk for Key Type of Colon Cancer
- Health Tip: Work Out at the Right Speed for You
- New Soccer Goal: Lowering Blood Pressure
- Exercise Safety Tips for People With Heart Disease
- Cold and Flu Sufferers Should Ease Back Into Fitness Routine
- Fitness Experts Dispel Common Exercise Myths
- Health Tip: Using a Stability Ball
- Everyday Activities May Have Same Health Benefits as Going to Gym
- Tai Chi Might Help Stroke Survivors Avoid Falls
- Exercising at Midlife May Stave Off Dementia Down the Road
- Constipation Treatments Not Equally Effective: Review
- Playing for Fun May Reduce Young Athletes' Injuries
- One Path to Fitter Kids: More P.E. at School
- Winter Sports Safety: Preparation Is Key
- Phys Ed Requirements Disappearing at 4-Year Colleges
- Snowboarding Tops List of Winter-Sports Injuries
- Health Tip: Exercising After Baby is Born
- Active Video Games May Boost Fitness in Younger Students
- Keeping Cold-Weather Exercise Fresh, Not Frozen
- Weight-Lifting May Boost Heart Health in Black Men: Study
- Debate Heats Up Over Screening Athletes for Sickle Cell Trait
- Cancer-Related Fatigue Often Overlooked, Study Finds
- Drug May Help Women Who Quit Smoking Avoid Weight Gain
- Health Tip: Avoid Beginners' Workout Injuries
- Many Primary-Care Doctors Want Help Treating Obesity
- Hair Concerns May Discourage Exercise for Some Black Women
- Aerobic Exercise Seems Best for Weight, Fat Loss
- Winter Weather, Snow Shoveling Pose Heart Risks
- How Well Do You Rise From Sitting on the Floor?
- Olympic Medalists Live Longer
- Hiking in Nature May Boost Creativity
- Regular Exercise May Add Years to Life, Study Finds
- Just Lowering Fat Intake Can Shed Pounds, Study Finds
- No Proof That 'Doping' With EPO Gives Athletes an Edge: Review
- Painkillers Before Exercise May Be Bad for the Gut
- Health Tip: Stay Active After a Heart Attack
- Study: Cystic Fibrosis Patients Struggle to Exercise
- To Get More Fit, Find a Stronger Workout Partner
- Helmets Do Save Lives on the Slopes, Research Shows
- Health Tip: Get Heart Healthy
- Even Women Who Exercise Sit Too Much
- Statins Plus Exercise Best at Lowering Cholesterol, Study Finds
- Weak Muscles in Teen Years Linked to Early Death in Men
- Does Air Pollution Hurt Memory of Older Adults?
- Health Tip: Fuel Your Body for Resistance Training
- Muscle-Building Teens May Go to Extremes, Study Finds
- Regular Exercise May Help Seniors Stave Off Heart Failure
- Health Tip: Seniors on the Move
- Can Playing Soccer Lead to Brain Damage?
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Trampoline Injuries
- Too Much Sitting Linked to Fat Buildup Around the Heart
- Health Tip: Get Fit This Fall
- Walk Your Way to a Longer Life, Study Says
- All Kinds of Exercise May Be Good for Parkinson's
- Losing Weight May Lower Cardiac Risks
- Health Tip: Exercise Isn't Always Expensive
- Obese Children Struggle With Joint Pain: Study
- With Diabetes, Boosting Exercise Should Be Done Safely
- Physical Activity Boosts Brain Health
- Water Workouts a Great Alternative: Study
- 'The Biggest Loser' May Sour Viewers on Exercise, Study Finds
- Top 10 Fitness Trends Picked for 2013
- Daily Aspirin May Bolster Aging Brain, Study Shows
- Right Amount of Exercise Can Boost Mental Health: Study
- Short Bursts of Intense Exercise Can Fight Weight Gain: Study
- Exercise Boosts School Performance for Kids With ADHD: Study
- Health Tip: Exercise for People Who Have Had Breast Cancer
- How Much Caffeine Is in Your Energy Drink?
- Cheerleading Needs Safety Guidelines, Pediatricians Say
- Exercise Protects Aging Brains Better
- Exercise May Delay Early Aging of People With Diabetes
- Diet/Exercise Combo Best, 'Biggest Loser' Study Says
- Are Knee Injuries Tied to Menstrual Cycle?
- Lack of Sleep May Trip Up Student Athletes
- Health Tip: Encourage Your Family to Exercise
- Big, Rapid Gains Made in Human Lifespan: Study
- 'Believing' Propels Cancer Survivors to Exercise, Study Finds
- Interval Training Burns More Calories in Less Time
- Health Tip: Beat Boredom
- Sitting Can Harm Health, Even for Those Who Exercise
- Diet, Exercise May Boost 'Good' Cholesterol, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Choosing the Right Running Shoes
- Health Tip: Exercising in Cold Weather
- Consistent Criteria for Sports Concussion Might Aid Diagnosis
- Kids With Hemophilia Should Be Active, But Avoid Risky Sports: Study
- Fast Walking May Slash at Heart Disease, Diabetes
- 'Junk Food' May Significantly Hike Risk of Stroke, Researchers Say
- Exercise Improves Effects of Stroke: Study
- Diabetes Patients Should Have More Voice in Treatment: Experts
- Poor Sleep in Teen Years Linked to Heart Risks in Adulthood
- Exercise Programs for Kids Seem to Have Little Impact: Study
- Working Out Cuts Women's Appetite, Study Finds
- Active Video Games Have Exercise-Like Effects in Kids: Study
- Health Tip: Exercise to Combat Stress
- Positive Outlook Boosts Likelihood of Healthier Lifestyle
- Health Tip: Kids on the Run
- Simple Tip May Ease Athletes' Performance Anxiety
- Exercise May Prevent Stress and Anxiety, Study Suggests
- Details: New Presidential Youth Fitness Program
- Health Tip: Use a Stability Ball
- Exercise Does Boost Teens' Health, Study Finds
- Experts Offer Tips to Help Keep Fall Sports Injury Free
- NFL Players at Higher Risk of Brain Diseases
- It's Possible to Be Obese and Heart-Healthy: Studies
- Marathons Safe for Aging Boomers, Study Finds
- Few Doctors Discuss Exercise With Cancer Patients: Study
- Healthy Living in Old Age Can Add 6 Years to Life
- Less Is More With Exercise, Study Says
- Midlife Fitness May Mean Healthier Old Age, Study Finds
- Keys to Weight Loss After Menopause
- 30 Minutes of Daily Exercise Enough to Shed Pounds
- Black Belts' Punching Power Linked to Their Brain Structure
- 'Yo-Yo' Dieting Won't Harm Long-Term Weight Loss Efforts
- Health Tip: Get Baby Moving
- A Few Hours of Weekly Exercise May Help Women's Bones
- More Evidence That Exercise in Middle Age Boosts Health
- Expert Tips for Summer Sports Safety
- Safety Eyewear Can Prevent Sports Injuries in Kids
- 'Exergames' Can Help Inactive Folks Get Moving: Study
- Tai Chi Benefits People With COPD
- Too Much Travel May Be Tough on Olympians
- Fitter Kids, Better Grades?
- More Americans Walking, But Still Not Enough, CDC Says
- Health Tip: Diabetes Isn't a Ticket to Inactivity
- Health Tip: Jumping Rope for Exercise
- Balance, Strength Training Reduce Falls for Elderly, Study Finds
- More Evidence That Exercise Helps Fight Diabetes
- Health Tip: Maintain Your Ideal Weight
- Race-Day Diet Can Make or Break a Competitive Cyclist
- Health Tip: Focus on Healthy Aging
- When Parents Get Active, So Do Kids: Study
- Asthma Common Among Olympic Athletes
- Exercise May Fight Depression in Heart Failure
- Health Tip: Hiking or Running on a Trail
- Ryan Lochte's Olympics Training Includes Beer Kegs
- Weight Control Can Cut Women's Diabetes Risk, Study Shows
- Experts Offer Tips to Cut Kids' Screen Time During Summer
- Why Johnny Can't Run
- The Care and Feeding of Olympic Athletes
- Yoga Improves Balance After Stroke
- Nothing Natural About Dietary Supplement DMAA: Study
- Body Language of Triumph Will Be on Display at Olympics
- Could Gene Doping Be Part of Future Olympics?
- Need to Get Walking More? Clip on a Pedometer
- Teaching Young Hockey Players to Body Check Doesn't Decrease Risk of Injury
- Health Tip: Dive Safely
- Health Tip: Work Out at the Right Intensity
- London Smog May Be Tough on Olympians
- Health Tip: Do You Need a Day Off From Exercise?
- Disabled Americans Battle for Access to Hotel Pools
- Simple Measures May Curb Excessive Weight Gain in Pregnancy
- Physical Inactivity May Be as Deadly as Smoking
- Doping With Muscle-Building Drugs: FAQ
- Exercise Can Shield the Aging Brain, Studies Show
- Preschool TV Habits Linked to 4th-Grade Waist Size, Fitness
- Playing Multiple Sports Helps Beat Teen Obesity
- Common Hip Disorder May Raise Risk for Sports Hernia
- Exercise, Meditation Can Beat Back Cold, Flu, Study Finds
- Kids' Track Injuries Surge in US
- Health Tip: Going Scuba Diving?
- Health Tip: Help Kids Have an Active Summer
- Parents Key to Whether Kids Get Enough Exercise, Studies Find
- Exercise Might Keep Menopausal Hot Flashes at Bay
- Maintain Heart Health During Summer
- Exercise Program Boosts Health After Lung Transplant: Study
- College Athlete Deaths in Workouts Spur New Guidelines
- All Calories Not Created Equal, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Warm Up Before You Exercise
- Eating Disorders in Women Over 50
- Health Tip: Make Exercise a Social Activity
- Health of Americans a Mixed Bag: CDC Report
- Liposuction: Why You Still Have to Work Out After It
- Exercise Appears to Ease Nerve-Damage Pain in Rat Study
- Exercise Controls Weight in White Girls Better Than in Black Girls: Study
- Can Too Much Exercise Be Harmful?
- Young Girls, Boys Can Compete on Equal Level
- Competitive Sports May Boost Heart Function After Breast Cancer
- Too Much Screen Time May Harm Kids' Fitness
- Barefoot Running Can Be Great, but Tread Carefully
- Health Tip: Exercise Can Help Manage Menopause
- Serious Exercise May Benefit Middle-Aged Arteries
- Optimism, Laughter May Bring Long Life
- 'Nordic Walking' a Winner for Heart Failure Patients, Study Says
- Exercise, Vitamin D Can Lower Fall Risk in Elderly
- Cash Helps People Make Healthy Lifestyle Changes
- Physical Education Is Good for Kids' Grades, Study Finds
- Friends Influence How Active Kids Are
- Health Tip: Walk at Work
- Health Tip: Treating Osteoarthritis
- Vigorous Exercise Might Keep Psoriasis at Bay
- Health Tip: Take a Walk!
- Fees Lead Some Kids to Skip After-School Sports: Survey
- Health Tip: Use Proper Form When Running
- Athletes Really Do Play Through the Pain
- For Some Athletes, Head Blows May Hamper Learning
- Fitness Fights High Blood Pressure, Even With Family History
- Health Tip: When Physical Therapy Ends
- Education Is Key to Health: Report
- Fitness Fights High Blood Pressure Genes
- Shape Up, Safely, for Summer
- With Weights, You Can Lighten Your Load
- Fitness in Middle Age Lowers Medical Costs Later: Study
- Many Pregnant Women Fear Exercising
- Exercise May Boost Survival in Breast, Colon Cancer Patients
- Exercise Can Help Fight Heart Failure
- Longer Commutes Can Put Us on Road to Poor Health
- Joggers Live Longer, Study Says
- Health Tip: Make TV Time Exercise Time
- Health Tip: Don't Forget Aerobic Exercise
- Upper-Body Strength Key for NASCAR Drivers
- For a Healthy Aging Brain, 'Use It or Lose It'
- High Reps With Low Weights Builds Muscle, Too
- New Guidelines Link Lifestyle to Cancer Survival
- Survey: 1 in 3 Kids Hurt Playing Sports
- Strength Training May Give Boost to Seniors' Brains
- Health Tip: Overcoming Obstacles to Exercise
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices Could Cut Cancer Rates: Report
- Study Pinpoints New Abnormality in 'Athlete's Heart'
- Exercise May Help Patients With High Blood Pressure Live Longer
- Health Tip: Consider Kickboxing
- 'Catastrophic' Head Injuries to High School Football Players Rising
- College Athletes in Low-Contact Sports Have More Overuse Injuries
- Any Exercise May Cut Alzheimer's Risk at Any Age
- Obese Workers' Health Care Costs Top Those of Smokers
- Women Less Apt Than Men to Get Recommended Daily Exercise
- Exercise Benefits Breast Cancer Patients
- Health Tip: Seniors, Boost Your Balance
- Remember This: Exercise Boosts Your Brainpower
- Overuse Injuries Common Among Female College Athletes
- Dumb Jocks? Not if They're Good at the Game
- Heart Screenings Yield More False-Positives Among Black Athletes
- Have Diabetes? Lifestyle Changes May Help Mobility
- Health Tip: Get Ready for Your Marathon
- Health Tip: Why You Need Aerobic Exercise
- Which Doctors Are Happiest? Healthiest?
- Exercise May Trigger Orgasm in Some Women
- Too Few Keep Heart-Healthy Habits
- Electronic Diary Helped Obese Adults Stick to Weight-Loss Plan
- Bike Trail in Poorer Neighborhood Boosts Exercise
- Too Much Exercise Delays Pregnancy in Normal-Weight Women: Study
- Heat-Related Deaths on Rise for High School Football Players
- Cool Hands May Help People Exercise Longer
- Exercise Might Boost Kids' Academic Ability
- Health Tip: The Right Diet Can Boost Athletic Performance
- Health Tip: Skip TV and Get Active
- Health Tip: Choosing the Right Athletic Shoes
- Cold Air May Raise Heart-Attack Risk During Exercise
- Desk Jockeys Urged to Take Small Steps to Get Exercise
- Size, Experience Matter on Rugby Field, Study Finds
- Active Video Games May Not Get Kids More Active
- Health Tip: Exercising During Pregnancy
- Health Tip: Set Exercise Goals
- Exercise Can Build Young Adults' Bones, Study Finds
- E. Coli in Chicken Linked to Urinary Tract Infections
- Ice Baths for Sore Muscles Can Work
- Study: Even Some Vigorous Activity Boosts Kids' Heart Health
- Exercise a Defense Against Dementia: Study
- Short Breaks During Exercise OK for Diabetes Control: Study
- Female Soccer Players May Face Health Problems: Study
- CDC: Doctors Increasingly Prescribe Exercise
- Even for the Overweight, Exercise Helps the Heart
- Little Blows to Head Add Up to Big Risk
- Being Fit Before Stroke May Aid Recovery
- Massage May Help Sore Muscles Recover
- Exercise a Good Pick-Me-Up After Cancer Treatment: Study
- Kids' Snacks Can Be Healthy and Inexpensive
- Steady Diet of Mental Stimulation Might Reduce Alzheimer's Risk
- Exercise, Talk Therapy by Phone May Help Relieve Fibromyalgia Pain
- U.S. Diabetes Prevention Program Might Avert 885,000 Cases
- Covering Gym Fees Might Be Money Saver for Medicare
- Cardiac Arrest Risk Low in Marathons, Study Finds
- Car, TV Ownership Tied to Higher Risk for Heart Attack
- Exercise May Help Those at Higher Risk for Alzheimer's: Study
- Safety Tips for Cold-Weather Exercise
- Persistence Is Key to Losing Weight and Keeping It Off
- Health Tip: Stay Healthy During Menopause
- Lots of Exercise May Boost Kids' Grades
- Spinal Manipulation, Home Exercise May Ease Neck Pain
- Fun Ways to Include Kids in Fitness Resolutions
- Health Tip: Exercising With Arthritis
- Is American Medicine Too Test Happy?
- Obesity Linked to Poor Mother-Toddler Bond
- Get a Head Start on 2012 Fitness Resolutions
- Teens Become Less Active as They Enter Adulthood
- Scientists Ponder Santa's High-Tech Secrets
- Health Tip: Improving Your Cholesterol
- Knee Arthritis: Very Low-Calorie Diet May Help
- Screening Alone Not Enough to Prevent Sudden Death in College Athletes
- 40 Years On, the Triumphs and Challenges of America's 'War on Cancer'
- Increase in Resting Heart Rate Over Time Linked to Heart Disease Death
- Discerning Gift-Givers Look for Toys That Offer More Than Fun
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Exercise Injury
- Brief, Intense Exercise Lowers Blood Sugar, Small Study Finds
- Calorie Info Helps Teens Choose Water Over Sugary Drinks
- Health Tip: Participating in Winter Sports
- Health Tip: Find Time for You
- Health Tip: Help Protect Against Blood Clots
- For Older Runners, the Message Is: Keep Those Legs Pumping
- Health Tip: How to Ease Leg Cramps During Pregnancy
- More Americans Exercise, but Arthritis Can Get in the Way
- Marathons May Damage Part of Heart: Study
- Want to Live Longer? Fit Outweighs Fat
- Circle of Friends Key to Adopting Healthy Habits: Study
- Despite Advances, HIV/AIDS Still Takes Heavy Emotional Toll
- Hispanics With Diabetes Urged to Get Yearly Foot Care
- Nerve Damage May Play a Role in ED
- Sugar-Sweetened Drinks May Pose Heart Risks to Women, Study Suggests
- Study Suggests Exercise May Help Memory of Fibromyalgia Patients
- New Guidelines on Frequent Cause of Sudden Death in Athletes
- Specialized Warm-Up May Reduce Girls' Knee Injuries
- Lack of Sleep, Overweight Linked to Kids' Learning Problems
- Halloween Doesn't Have to be Scary for Your Diet
- Weight Regain May Not Be Due to Lack of Willpower
- Yoga, Stretching Classes Outdo Self-Care for Back Pain: Study
- Insomnia Might Boost Heart Attack Risk
- Do You Really Read Nutrition Labels?
- Neighborhood Can Affect Obesity, Diabetes Risk
- Is High Blood Pressure Linked to Birth Defects?
- Doctors Not Stressing Follow-Up Plans With Obese Kids
- Regular Exercise Seems to Guard Against Migraine
- Health Tip: Suggestions to Help Manage Angina
- Watching Your Protein May Be Key to Weight Control
- Raising 'Good' Cholesterol May Cut Heart Risk in Diabetes Patients
- Health Tip: Managing an Anxiety Disorder
- Americans Living Longer, Healthier Lives
- 3 Hours of Exercise Weekly Can Cut Men's Heart Risks
- Does Beetroot Improve a Runner's Time?
- Divorce, Heavy Drinking, Smoking Linked to Hair Loss
- Could Divorce Trigger Hair Loss in Women?
- Obesity Puts Young Kids at Risk of Social Isolation
- Parents, Kids, Doctors Balk at Talk About Weight
- 4 Simple Steps to a Healthy Heart
- Lifestyle Changes May Improve Erectile Dysfunction
- Study: Memory Loss Boosts Risk of Death
- Sugar Drink Habit Is Widespread in U.S.
- Better Way to Predict Weight Loss?
- Whey Protein May Beat Casein After Workouts
- 4 Keys to a Long Life
- Fat Around Heart May Be Linked to Clogged Arteries
- Study: Obese People Live as Long as Slimmer People
- 15 Minutes of Exercise Every Day Reduces Risk of Death
- Exercise a 'Wonder Drug' for Cancer Survival
- Facebook: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Little Exercise Beats None
- Bad Golf Swing Can Be Rough on the Body
- Family History's Role in Heart Attack and Stroke
- Heart Disease Prevention Saves Lives and Money
- Simple Sugar May Speed Heart Attack Recovery
- Health Tip: Benefitting From Cross-Training
- Early-Stage MS Patients May Have Fracture Risk
- Older People Must Work Out More to Keep Muscles
- Losing Weight, Keeping It Off Can Be Two Different Worlds
- Healthy Lifestyle Cuts Risk of Sudden Cardiac Death
- Is Your House Obese-Proof?
- Diet, Metformin Cut Medical Cost for Prediabetes Patients
- Survey: Diabetes Patients Don't Change Lifestyle
- Exercise After Meals Helps Control Blood Sugar
- Weight Loss Surgery May Cut Inflammation, Disease Risk
- Diabetes on Upswing Worldwide
- 5 Foods That Make You Fat, 5 That Don't
- Exercise May Help Treat POTS Heart Condition
- Only 12% of High School Students Get Enough Exercise
- More Olive Oil in Diet Could Cut Stroke Risk: Study
- Exercise Improves Sleep and Nighttime Breathing Troubles
- Excess TV Time Linked to Early Death
- Eat Late, Gain Weight?
- Brain-Training Games May Give Kids an Achievement Edge
- Moderate Exercise May Cut Risk of 'Silent' Stroke
- Study: Mental Health Is Top Concern for Youth
- Health Tip: Ease Neck Pain
- USDA Ditches Food Pyramid for a Healthy Plate
- Take Steps to Prevent Pulmonary Embolisms
- Eating Meat May Raise Colon Cancer Risk
- Study: Psoriasis in Kids Linked to Obesity, Heart Risks
- CDC Links Obesity, Arthritis, and Lack of Exercise
- Gene for Alzheimer's Risk May Affect Brain Early
- Tai Chi Prevents Falls, Boosts Mental Health in Seniors: Study
- Vitamin D May Improve Breathing for COPD Patients
- Walking Speed May Indicate Severity of COPD
- Alzheimer's Caregivers May Be at Risk for Dementia
- Internet Popular with People Seeking Health Information
- Does Mom Want a Major Makeover?
- 8 Stroke Triggers for Those With Untreated Aneurysm
- Study: Fat May Return After Liposuction
- Less-Than-Optimal Sleep May 'Age' the Brain
- Music Lessons as Child May Keep Aging Minds Sharp
- New Alzheimer's Guidelines Stress Early Diagnosis
- Lifestyle Changes Reduce Triglycerides
- Group Calls on FDA to Pull Alli, Xenical
- Brisk Walk Can Boost Blood Flow to the Brain: Report
- Apples Good for Your Heart
- Does Parenthood Hurt Your Health?
- Virtual Reality Tools May Aid Stroke Recovery
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Rates Rising in U.S.
- Why Some May Avoid Type 1 Diabetes Complications
- Taking Responsibility for Own Health Often Not Enough
- Exercise May Cut Salt's Effect on Blood Pressure
- Exercise, Sex Can Boost Heart Attack Risk
- In Search of the Ideal Body Shape
- Whey Protein May Help Build Muscles
- New Insight on Weight Gain After Prostate Cancer Therapy
- Collaborative Care for Depression Has Heart Benefit
- New Alternative to BMI for Measuring Body Fat
- Exercise Good for Knees, Study Finds
- Serena Williams' Pulmonary Embolism, Hematoma: FAQ
- Moderate Alcohol Drinking May Boost Heart Health
- Where Do the Most Active People Live?
- New Guidelines on Women's Heart Risk
- Sedentary Job? Try Pedaling at Your Desk
- Robots May Help Patients Recover From Stroke
- Hula Hoop Workouts Burn Calories
- Salty Diet Linked to Stroke Risk
- 'Do Your Part,' Michelle Obama Says on 'Let's Move' 1st Anniversary
- New U.S. Diet Guidelines: What Not to Eat
- Snow Shoveling Injures Thousands Each Year
- Healthier Lifestyle After at-Home Genetic Test?
- Sitting for Too Long Is Bad for Your Health
- NSAID Pain Relievers Raise Heart Risks
- Fewer Americans Have AMD
- Arthritis Doctors Too Often Opt for Drugs, Surgery
- Recall of Albuterol Used in Nebulizers
- Baby Fat May Predict Early Obesity
- The Deadliest Diets
- Psoriasis, Heart Disease, and Diabetes: What's the Link?
- Exercise, Vitamin D Reduce Risk of Falls in Elderly
- Weight Loss During Marathon Improves Running Time
- Multivitamins May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Move More, Gain Less Weight With Age
- Experts: Exercise Crucial for Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Weight Lifting May Be OK After Breast Cancer Surgery
- Heart Attack Risk Quickly Follows RA Diagnosis
- Older Antidepressants Linked to Heart Risk
- Bunions, High-Arched Feet Often Inherited
- Top 20 Fitness Trends for 2011
- Low Testosterone Raises Heart Death Risk
- Alzheimer's and Its Impact on Women
- Walking May Ward Off Memory Loss
- New Genes Linked to Obesity, Belly Fat
- Arthritis on the Increase; Obesity Partly to Blame
- Exercise Fights Breast Cancer
- New Guidelines for Treatment of Depression
- Cancer Survivors Often Face Memory Problems
- Ginger May Soothe Aching Muscles
- Exercise Helps You Sleep
- Osteoporosis Drugs Linked to Rare Fractures
- Pre-Run Stretch May Hurt Endurance
- Stress May Raise Risk of Premenstrual Syndrome
- Tai Chi: Best Fibromyalgia Treatment?
- Obesity, Smoking Linked to Teen Migraines
- Want to Build Muscle? Light Weights Will Do
- Obesity Rates Still Rising, CDC Says
- Sit More, Die Sooner
- FDA Panel Says 'No' to Weight Loss Drug Qnexa
- Diet Drug Lorcaserin Safe, Effective, Study Finds
- Personalized Strategy Is Best for Heart Health
- Losing Love Has Similarities to Addiction
- Study: High-Fructose Diets May Raise Blood Pressure
- Obesity After Age 50 Raises Diabetes Risk
- Low Vitamin D Linked to Poor Diabetes Control
- Tea, Coffee Drinkers Have Lower Heart Risk
- Pregnant Women Put Fashion Before Foot Health
- Gout Survey Offers Peek at the Pain
- Exercise Recommended for Cancer Patients
- Short People May Have Increased Heart Risk
- Walk Your Dog to Unleash Better Health
- Resistance Training Improves Flexibility, Too
- Chocolate Milk Refuels Muscles After Workout
- Exercise May Boost Men's Sexual Prowess
- Study: Shapewear Garment Burns Calories
- Exercise May Buffer Effects of Stress
- Drinking Milk May Boost Benefits of a Workout
- High Blood Pressure Prevalent, but Better Controlled
- Too Much Belly Fat Linked to Dementia
- Stress Incontinence Sling Surgery: Which Is Best?
- Wii Games Get Heart Group's Seal of Approval
- Michelle Obama's Plan to End Childhood Obesity Epidemic
- iPods, Texting at 100: How Centenarians Stay Hip
- Dementia Risk Higher if Your Spouse Has Dementia
- Weight Loss Pill Also Lowers Blood Pressure
- TV Watching at Age 2 Spells Trouble Later
- Prehypertension, Prediabetes Predict Heart Risk
- $1,000 Personal Genome Coming: Are We Ready?
- Obesity May Raise Risk of Fibromyalgia
- What a Bad Lifestyle Does to Your Life Span
- Airborne Fungus Expected to Spread in U.S.
- Brain-Training Games Won't Boost Your IQ
- Computer Use, Exercise May Save Memory
- Fibromyalgia Gets Worse During Menstruation
- Osteoporosis Patients Underestimate Fracture Risk
- Exercise During Pregnancy for Smaller Baby
- Pregnant Women Don't Get Enough Exercise
- Short Bursts of Activity Ease Fibromyalgia
- Supplement May Give Older Athletes an Edge
- Incontinence After Childbirth May Last Years
- Exercise 1 Hour a Day to Avoid Weight Gain
- Good and Bad Health Habits in U.S.
- Onion Cream Treats New Stretch Marks
- Colorado, California Cities Dominate Slimmest Cities List
- Belly Fat Is Culprit in Stroke Gender Gap
- Talk Therapy May Treat Low Back Pain
- Strokes Are Increasing Among Young
- Early Pregnancy Weight Gain Ups Diabetes Risk
- Life Expectancy Up, but So Is Poor Health
- Study: Happiness Good for the Heart
- Kettlebell Workouts Burn Calories Fast
- Obese Children Twice as Likely to Die Young?
- Gastric Banding Surgery Works for Teens
- Happy, Healthy, Valentine!
- Coffee and Your Health
- Cholesterol Facts
- Lose Weight Fast: How to Do It Safely
- Living with Chronic Pain
- 10 Ways to Help Boost Your Good Cholesterol
- In One Year, Out the Other
- Does Fidgeting Help Burn Calories?
- Why Can't I Lose Weight?
- Weight Loss and Nutrition Myths
- Men's Locker Room Savvy Quiz
- Flat Belly Diet! Does It Fall Flat on Its Promises?
- Heart Health and Your Family History
- Heart Health Tips From a Top Cardiologist
- Groin Numbness and Bike Riding
- The Pritikin Principle
- Heart Rate Training Zone
- 6 Tips - For Kicking Bad Habits
- Muscle Soreness
- Exercise Tubing and Bands
- A Hard Day's Night for Weight-Watchers on the Late Shift
- Teaching Old Muscles New Tricks
- Insomnia: What You Eat Can Sabotage Your Sleep
- MyPyramid Plan: Tips for Increasing Fitness
- Exercise and Depression
- Yoga: Science vs Myths
- Exercise For Seniors
- Balance Exercises, Anytime, Anywhere - Weekly Schedule
- Daily Record: Strength / Balance
- Exercise: Monthly Progress Record: Endurance, Lower Body and Balance
- Exercise & Fitness: Weekly Schedule
- Exercise: Endurance and Flexibility Daily Record
- Sports: Childhood Sports Injuries and Their Prevention
- Nutrition: Coffee - The New Health Food
- Sleep Disorders: Alternative Treatments
- Protein Power
- The South Beach Diet
- Weight Watchers
- The Zone
- Body for Life
- Dr. Andrew Weil: Weight Loss and Wellness
- The Ornish Diet
- Calories Burned During Fitness
- 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- New Dietary Guidelines Announced by HHS
- US Future Full of Fractures
- Health Benefits Of Physical Activity
- Women's Locker Room Savvy Quiz
- Arthritis and Exercise, How Do I Start?
- Falls And Fractures In Seniors
- Arthritis Better With Diet & Exercise
- Women's Knees, How to Avoid Injury
- Bowflex Machines Recall
- Exercise: Building Endurance
- Designer Steroid THG Banned
- Weight Cycling...Facts About Yo-Yo Dieting
- Staph Infection: Question and Answer
- Sports Nutrition: Frequently Asked Questions
- Benefits Of Physical Activity
- Exercises: Strengthening
- High Cholesterol Risk Factors
- Exercise For Older Adults
- Fitness Benefits For Teens
- Physical Activity For Children
- Nutrition & Fitness
- Exercise - Knee Flex (Improve Balance)
- Exercise - Hip Extension To Improve Balance
- Exercise - Side Leg Raise To Improve Balance
- Balance Exercises
- Exercise - Ankle Stretches
- Exercise - Wrist Stretch
- Exercise - Quadricep Stretch
- Exercise - Double Hip Rotation Stretch
- Exercise - Single Hip Rotation Stretch
- Exercise - Shoulder Rotation Stretch
- Exercise - Neck Rotation Stretch
- Exercise - Calf Stretch
- Exercise - Shoulder Muscle Strengthening Exercise
- Exercise - Biceps Curls
- Exercise - Triceps Extension
- Exercise - Knee Extension
- Exercise - Hip Extension
- Health Spas, Tips for Choosing the Right One
- Oxygen Bars - Is A Breath Of Fresh Air Worth It?
- Tips to Stay Motivated with a Fitness Plan
- Exercise Strength & Endurance Levels
- Pump Fiction, Exercise Ripoffs
- Muscle Hustle: Exercise Equipment Tips
- Fat Differences In Men Vs. Women
- Nutraceuticals, Functional Foods, Phytochemicals . . . Health-Protecting Foods
- Muscle Stimulators, Do They Work?
- Asthma: Help Teachers, Coaches and Students
- Asthma Winter Exercise Tips
- Muscles ... How they Get Bigger
- Exercise: All About Stretching
- Exercise - Hamstring Stretch
- Strength Exercises For Older Adults
- Exercise - Chair Stand
- Tips On Choosing A Sport For Your Child
- Pregnancy And Exercise
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter