In order to reduce health risks and improve one's health status it is not necessary to enter a strictly formal, aggressive, uninterrupted workout program. Introducing even small amounts of exercise or physical activity into your daily life will improve your health and help you lose weight. Here are some answers to our frequently asked questions about exercise and fitness. Read more: Exercise Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
DVT in Pictures: Symptoms of Deep Vein Thrombosis, Beyond Leg Pain and More
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a dangerous and sometimes fatal blood clot that occurs deep within the lower leg or thigh....
Fibromyalgia Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment
What is fibromyalgia? Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that causes pain and stiffness of the tendons, muscles, and joints....
How Diabetes Can Affect Your Feet
Learn more about diabetes related foot problems. For people with diabetes, too much glucose in the blood can cause serious foot...
Heat Rash Pictures, Symptoms, Causes, & Treatments
Do you know what heat rash looks like? Heat rash (also called prickly heat) develops when the skin sweat ducts become blocked....
Cholesterol Levels: What the Numbers Mean
Do you know the different cholesterol levels and what they mean? Learn the alphabet soup of cholesterol testing: LDL, HDL, good,...
Dehydration: Causes, Symptoms & Tips to Stay Hydrated
Do you know the signs of dehydration? Dehydration can cause medical complications. Learn the causes, symptoms, treatments, and...
The Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
How would you like a stronger immune system or better sleep? Action between the sheets can help you get all of this and more....
Slideshow: Exercises for Knee Osteoarthritis and Joint Pain
Learn about osteoarthritis and exercises that relieve knee osteoarthritis pain, stiffness and strengthen the knee joint and...
Lower Your Cholesterol, Save Your Heart
Need to lower your cholesterol levels? Use these smart diet tips to quickly and easily lower your blood cholesterol levels....
How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Trying to lower high blood pressure (hypertension)? Discover exercises good for lowering blood pressure, along with other...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Exercises Slideshow: Joint-Friendly Fitness Routines
Regular exercise boosts fitness and helps reverse joint stiffness for people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Our experts offer...
Menopause & Perimenopause: Symptoms, Signs
What is menopause? What are the signs of menopause? What age does menopause start? Learn about menopause and perimenopause...
Health Screening Tests Every Woman Needs
What is a health screening? Why is it important to know your blood pressure? How long will your health screening take? Learn...
Pictures of the 7 Most Effective Exercises to Do at the Gym or Home (and Tips to Improve Form)
These seven exercises deliver fitness results at home or in the gym. Start your training to better physical health with the most...
Osteoporosis Super-Foods for Strong Bones With Pictures
What sweetener is loaded with calcium? These bone-building super foods can help stave off osteoporosis, and many of them will...
Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: Improve Diabetes Nerve Pain
Read about diabetic peripheral neuropathy and exercises to manage nerve pain. Learn how to cope with the symptoms of diabetic...
Tips for Healthy Joints: Exercise, Nutrition, & More in Pictures
Dealing with joint pain and arthritis? Learn why weight matters--and why NOT to stretch before exercise. See these solutions for...
Exercise and Fitness Quiz: Test Your IQ
Take our Exercise and Fitness Quiz and learn to maximize your fitness level with simple exercises that do not require major...
Diabetes Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the Diabetes Quiz and learn the causes, signs, symptoms, and types of this growing epidemic. What does diabetes have to do...
Skin and Makeup Quiz: Test Your Skin and Makeup IQ
Are you doing right by your skin? Take the Skin and Makeup Quiz to learn how to make the most of your beauty regimen....
Pictures of the 7 Riskiest Workout Moves, and How to Improve Them
Working out is supposed to make you healthier--but some exercises can leave your body at risk of pain or injury. Some exercises...
Exercise Tips for Seniors
Exercise for seniors is important for healthy and successful aging. Learn what happens to our bodies as we age, how to start...
How to Lose Weight Without Dieting: 24 Fast Facts
Weight loss without dieting? No diet, no problem. Learn the best way to lose weight with these weight loss tips designed to help...
11 Exercises for Lower Back Pain Relief
One of the best low back pain treatments is exercise. Learn more about low back pain exercises--what works, and what doesn't....
Prenatal Workout: Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
Pregnancy workouts explained. Discover the best safe pregnancy exercises for your workout. Exercise during pregnancy is an...
Butt Exercise Pictures: Workouts for Slim and Shapely Glutes
Want a rear view that kicks butt? Discover the right exercises, cardio, and style choices that can help in the quest for the...
Pictures of 10 Muscle-Building Exercises for Diabetes
Watch this slideshow on Diabetes and Exercise. If you have diabetes, see how strengthening your muscles with these 10 weight...
Benefits of Exercise: Fitness Facts Prove the Benefits of Working Out
These fitness facts explain why to get in shape. Check out these health facts on the benefits of exercise....
Sports Injuries: Types, Treatments, and Prevention
Learn about common sports injuries types, treatments, and prevention. Can you heal a pulled muscle in the back, neck, lower back...
10 Smart Exercises for People With COPD: Pictures
Learn 10 exercises for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). If you have COPD, give your muscles more oxygen...
12 Tips to Avoid Diabetes Complications With Pictures
Diabetes complications can be serious problems for your health. Our experts suggest steps you can take to help cut your risk of...
Foods to Boost Your Energy and Mood
Learn which foods may boost your energy level and have a positive impact on your mood. Foods such as salmon, Brazil nuts, and...
Bikini-Body Pictures: Workout & Beauty Tips for Swimsuit Season
Discover 25 ways to get ready for swimsuit season. See exercises, diet tips, and other healthy beauty fixes that will motivate...
The 30-Minute Fitness Routine in Pictures
This quick, high-intensity 30-minute workout routine can make you look better and feel better. Discover the right way to do...
No-Gym Workout in Pictures: Equipment, Routines, and More
Learn about this no-gym, at home quick workout. It can get you into great shape at home and shows the best moves for flat abs and...
Exercise Tips for Kids and the Whole Family
Exercise is great for kids, and fun activities for the whole family are there if you know how to find them. Learn how to lose...
Diet Mistake Pictures: Crash Diets, High-Calorie Drinks, and More
Discover 10 common diet mistakes that may be preventing you from losing weight. Learn to avoid these diet blunders and watch the...
Bodybuilding Pictures: Muscle-Building Workout and Diet for Men
Want bulging biceps and a bigger chest? Our experts demonstrate the right moves to help men build bigger muscles with just two...
How to Quit Smoking Without Weight Gain
Learn how to avoid weight gain while quitting smoking. Explore what causes weight gain after quitting smoking. See lifestyle...
Healthy Indulgences for Under $15 With Pictures
Isn't it time you took care of yourself? Good food, relaxation, laughter -- we offer 15 great ideas for affordable, healthy...
Slideshow: The 7-Minute Workout
The 7-minute workout provides a free, convenient way to get and stay fit. Discover these short, quick exercises that use your own...
17 Must-Try Fitness Workouts in Pictures
Learn the latest exercise crazes such as TRX, pole dancing, Zumba, Kangoo jumps, boot camps, exergames and more that are designed...
Pictures of the Best Flat-Abs Moves for Men
Learn the best flat abs moves. If you want a ripped mid-section, learn how to go from flabby to flat abs with the right moves and...
Exercise and Fitness: 10 Budget-Friendly Exercise Gadgets
There are plenty of cheap and free ways to exercise. Learn about inexpensive ways to get in shape with the use of jump ropes,...
Pilates for Beginners in Pictures: Moves for Abs, Toning, and More
View 15 Pilates moves that get results. Flat abs are one highly prized result of a Pilates workout. See beginning moves to help...
Core-Training Workout Pictures: Flat Abs, Strength, and Balance
Learn off-balance core moves. These 11 workouts activate deep core muscles to help tighten the midsection and prepare athletes...
Related Disease Conditions
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Symptoms, Stages, and Prognosis
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Jock itch is an itchy red rash that appears in the groin area. The rash may be caused by a bacterial or fungal infection. People...
A hernia occurs when an organ or piece of tissue protrudes from the space in which it is normally contained. Symptoms of a hernia...
Bursitis of the hip results when the fluid-filled sac (bursa) near the hip becomes inflamed due to localized soft tissue trauma...
Heat rash is a skin irritation caused by excessive sweating. It can occur at any age and it appears as a rash that itches or...
Learn about osteoporosis, a condition characterized by the loss of bone density, which leads to an increased risk of bone...
A torn meniscus (knee cartilage) may be caused by suddenly stopping, sharply twisting, or deep squatting or kneeling when lifting...
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...
Migraine headaches are severe headaches that are sensitive to light, sounds, and smells. Some people who suffer from...
Athlete's foot (tinea pedis) is a skin infection caused by the ringworm fungus. Symptoms include itching, burning, cracking,...
Peripheral Vascular Disease
Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) refers to diseases of the blood vessels (arteries and veins) located outside the heart and...
Pityriasis rosea is a rash that begins with a large pink patch with well-defined scaly borders on the back, chest, or neck. In...
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Symptoms, Diet, Treatment, and Test
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a GI (gastrointestinal) disorder with signs and symptoms of: Abdominal...
Foot pain may be caused by injuries (sprains, strains, bruises, and fractures), diseases (diabetes, Hansen disease, and gout),...
Breast cancer is an invasive tumor that develops in the mammary gland. Breast cancer is detected via mammograms, breast...
A broken foot is a common injury. There are 26 bones in the foot, and these bones can be broken (fractured) in a variety of...
Gestational diabetes is a condition that is first recognized during pregnancy and is characterized by high blood sugar....
Multiple Sclerosis (MS Symptoms, Causes, and Life Expectancy)
Multiple sclerosis or MS is an autoimmune disorder in which brain and spinal cord nerve cells become demyelinated. This damage...
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease occurs due to the accumulation of abnormal amounts of fat within the liver. Fatty liver most...
Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus or SLE)
Systemic lupus erythematosus is a condition characterized by chronic inflammation of body tissues caused by autoimmune disease....
Osteopenia is a bone condition characterized by bone loss that is not as severe as in osteoporosis. Bone fracture is the typical...
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Hyponatremia (Low Blood Sodium)
Hyponatremia is a condition where the level of sodium in the blood is low. Causes of hyponatremia can occur from excess fluid in...
Osteoarthritis is a type of arthritis caused by inflammation, breakdown, and eventual loss of cartilage in the joints. Also...
Dehydration is the excessive loss of body water. There are a number of causes of dehydration including heat exposure, prolonged...
The joint hypermobility syndrome is a condition in which the joints easily move beyond the normal range expected for a particular...
Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is cancer of the lymphatic system, a vital part of the body's immune system. Symptoms and signs include...
A herniated disc may be caused by injury or degeneration from age. Symptoms depend on the location of the herniation and whether...
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition characterized by symptoms such as fatigue, sleep disturbances, and tender points. Stress...
Ankylosing spondylitis is a type of arthritis that causes chronic inflammation of the spine. The tendency to develop ankylosing...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a condition in which a person's pancreas does not produce enough insulin to meet the needs of the body....
Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs, PVC)
Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs, PVC) are premature heartbeats originating from the ventricles of the heart. PVCs are...
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS)
Thoracic outlet syndrome is a condition where symptoms are produced from compression of nerves or blood vessels because the...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Pulmonary Embolism (Blood Clot in the Lung)
A pulmonary embolism (PE) occurs when a piece of a blood clot from deep vein thrombosis (DVT) breaks off and travels to an artery...
Diabetes Diet (Type 2)
A type 2 diabetes diet or a type 2 diabetic diet is important for blood sugar (glucose) control in people with diabetes to...
Chondromalacia Patella (Patellofemoral Syndrome)
Chondromalacia patella (housemaid's knee or secretary's knee) results from misalignment of the kneecap as it slides over the...
Bile Duct Cancer (Cholangiocarcinoma)
Bile duct cancer (cholangiocarcinoma) is a rare type of cancer that arises from cells that line the drainage system from the...
Kyphosis is defined as an outward curvature of the thoracic spine (upper back). Abnormal kyphosis results in the appearance of a...
POTS (POT Syndrome, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
POT syndrome (POTS, postrual orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) is a nervous system disorder that causes lightheadedness and...
Marfan syndrome is hereditary (genetic) condition affecting connective tissue. A person with Marfan syndrome may exhibit the...
Hamstring injuries may range from minor strains to major ruptures. A hamstring injury causes spasm, tightness, and tenderness....
Healthy Living and Disease Prevention
The importance of a healthy lifestyle in disease prevention is widely understood and most people know that lifestyle changes and...
Hot Flashes (Causes, Symptoms & Medication Treatment in Men and Women)
Hot flashes (or flushing) is the most common symptom experienced by a woman prior to and during the early stages of menopause,...
Heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart attack...
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a disease that gradually destroys the central vision. In people over 60, AMD is a...
The main features of metabolic syndrome include insulin resistance, hypertension (high blood pressure), cholesterol...
Achilles Tendon Rupture
The Achilles tendon is the body's largest and strongest tendon. Repeated stress is the usual cause of a ruptured Achilles tendon....
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which irritation of the wrist's median nerve causes tingling and numbness of the thumb,...
Low Blood Sugar (Hypoglycemia)
Low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia, is a syndrome in which a person's blood sugar is dangerously low. People with type 1 and type 2...
Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. There are many potential underlying...
Aortic valve stenosis is an abnormal narrowing of the aortic valve of the heart. The causes of aortic stenosis are wear and tear...
Cauliflower ear, or "Boxer's Ear" is caused by an injury to the ear, usually by blunt trauma from sports such as boxing,...
Sleep apnea is defined as a reduction or cessation of breathing during sleep. The three types of sleep apnea are central apnea,...
Cystic fibrosis is a disease of the mucus and sweat glands. Cystic fibrosis is an inherited disease. The outcome of the disease...
IBS-D (Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Diarrhea)
IBS-D or irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea refers to IBS with diarrhea. Symptoms of IBS-D include intestinal gas...
Angina is chest pain due to inadequate blood supply to the heart. Angina symptoms may include chest tightness, burning,...
Fabry Disease (Symptoms and Life Expectancy)
Fabry disease (Fabry's disease, alpha-galactosidase-A) is a genetic disorder with symptoms such as burning sensations in...
Heat exhaustion is a milder form of heat-related illness that can develop after several days of exposure to high temperatures and...
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS or SEID)
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) or systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID) is a debilitating and complex disorder...
Knee injuries, especially meniscus tears, are common in contact sports. Symptoms and signs of a torn meniscus include knee pain,...
Heat stroke (heatstroke or sun stroke) is a form of hyperthermia. Heat stroke is a true medical emergency that can be fatal if...
Dilated Cardiomyopathy is a condition where the heart's ability to pump blood is decreased because the heart's main pumping...
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a combination of physical and emotional disturbances that occur after a woman ovulates and ends...
Cellulite is caused by fat deposits that distort connective tissues under the skin, resulting in a dimpled appearance of the...
A frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) is when the shoulder joint experiences a significant loss in its range of motion due to...
HDL vs. LDL Cholesterol (Differences, Normal Ranges, Meanings)
HDL (high-density lipoprotein), or the "good" cholesterol, and LDL (low-density lipoprotein), or the "bad"...
Asthma is a condition in which hyperreactive airways constrict and result in symptoms like wheezing, coughing, and shortness of...
High Blood Pressure Treatment
High blood pressure (hypertension) means high pressure (tension) in the arteries. Treatment for high blood pressure include...
Head and Neck Cancer
Head and neck cancer is cancer of the oral cavity, salivary glands, paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity, pharynx, larynx, or lymph...
Anaphylaxis is a serious allergic reaction that affects a number of different areas of the body at one time, and can be fatal....
Post-polio syndrome (PPS) is a group of signs and symptoms that show up two to four decades after the initial polio infection....
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Type 1 vs Type 2 Diabetes (Similarities and Differences)
Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic condition in which a person's blood sugar (glucose) levels are too high. Over 29.1 million...
A diabetic diet, or diabetes diet helps keep blood glucose levels in the target range for patients. Exercise and medication may...
Concussion is a short-lived loss of brain function that is due to head trauma. There are two types of concussion, simple and...
Emotional eating can be detrimental to one's efforts at weight loss. Learning to identify the situations and emotions that...
Anorexia is an eating disorder characterized by markedly reduced appetite or total aversion to food. Anorexia is a serious...
Encopresis is a type of elimination disorder in which bowel movements are passed into places other than the toilet. Children with...
Heat cramps usually affect people who sweat a lot during strenuous activity or work in a hot, humid environment. Symptoms of heat...
Prediabetes is a situation where a person's blood sugar levels are higher than they should be, but aren't high enough to be...
IBS Triggers (Prevention)
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a functional disease that can affect the quality of those who suffer from this condition....
The most common food allergies are to eggs, nuts, milk, peanuts, fish, shellfish, strawberries and tomatoes. Symptoms and signs...
13 Tips for Parenting a Teen With ADHD
Parenting a teenager who has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can be challenging. Parents can use specific...
Fast-food consumption and lack of exercise are just a couple of causes of childhood obesity. Health effects of childhood obesity...
Eosinophilic Fasciitis (Shulman's Syndrome)
Eosinophilic fasciitis is a skin disease that causes thickening and inflammation of the skin and fascia. Symptoms include...
Hodgkin's disease is a cancer of the lymphatic system with symptoms that include unexplained, recurring fevers, unexplained...
Anabolic steroids are synthetic substances that are related to testosterone and promote skeletal muscle growth and the...
There are two types of asthma medications: long-term control with anti-inflammatory drugs and quick relief from bronchodilators....
Dysthymia is a less severe form of chronic depression. Symptoms and signs include insomnia, suicidal thoughts, guilt, empty...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Congenital Heart Defects
Congenital heart defects are heart problems that are present at birth. Genetics may play a role in some heart defects. Symptoms...
Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetes mellitus (juvenile) is an auto-immune disease with no known cause at this time. Symptoms of type 1 diabetes...
Stretch marks occur in the dermis, the elastic middle layer of skin that allows it to retain its shape. When the skin is...
COPD vs. Emphysema (Differences Similarities)
COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) is the term doctors and other health care professionals use to describe a group of...
IBS vs. IBD: Differences and Similarities
IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) are both problems with the digestive tract...
Insomnia Treatment (Sleep Aids and Stimulants)
Insomnia is difficulty in falling or staying asleep, the absence of restful sleep, or poor quality of sleep. Insomnia is a...
People with bulimia nervosa, an eating disorder that involves episodes of bingeing and purging, experience symptoms and signs...
Heart Attack Treatment
A heart attack involves damage or death of part of the heart muscle due to a blood clot. The aim of heart attack treatment is to...
Fitness: Exercise for a Healthy Heart
Regular exercise can help reduce the risk of heart disease. To achieve maximum benefits, do a mix of stretching exercise, aerobic...
Menstrual Cramps and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) Medication Guide
Menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms include abdominal cramping, bloating, a feeling of fullness, abdominal...
Crohn's Disease vs. Ulcerative Colitis (UC): Differences and Similarities
Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are diseases that cause inflammation of part of or the entire digestive tract (GI)....
Diabetes Prevention (Type 2)
The risks for developing type 2 diabetes include family history, ethnicity, birth weight, metabolic syndrome, and obesity....
Alzheimer's Disease Patient Caregiver Guide
Caring for a loved one or patient with Alzheimer's can become a difficult and overwhelming task at times. This guide helps...
Headaches are a common complaint for many people. There are many types of headaches such as migraine, tension, cluster, and the...
Vitamins & Exercise: Heart Attack Prevention Series
Vitamins and exercise can lower your risk for heart attack and heart disease. Folic acid, vitamins, and homocysteine levels are...
Heart Attack Prevention Overview
Heart attacks are the major causes of unexpected, sudden death among men and women. A heart attack also is a significant cause...
Alternative Treatment for MS (CAM for MS)
The term alternative therapy, in general, is used to describe any medical treatment or intervention that has not been...
Colon Cancer Prevention
Colo-rectal cancer is both curable and preventable if it is detected early and completely removed before the cancerous cells...
Certain behavioral, lifestyle, and environmental factors contribute to cancer. Cancer prevention involves modifying these factors...
Pregnancy Changes and Body Discomforts
Pregnancy can bring challenges like weight gain, stretch marks, varicose veins, heartburn, constipation,...
Disease Prevention in Women
Disease prevention in women includes screening tests that are a basic part of prevention medicine. All screening tests are...
Weight Control and Smoking Cessation
One concern smokers have when considering quitting smoking is weight gain. Not everyone will gain weight when they stop smoking....
Compulsive Overeating vs. Binge Eating Disorder
Compulsive overeating is eating more than needed. Binge eating disorder involves recurrent episodes of compulsive eating, even...
Juvenile Bone Health
Setting a good example for your children when it comes to diet and exercise will help them to make healthy decisions about...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Diabetes FAQs
- Beauty FAQs
- Exercise and Fitness FAQs
- Best Exercises for Asthma: Yoga, Swimming, Biking, and Walking
- 21 Concussions Symptoms
- Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
- Home Remedies, Treatment, and Prevention of Sprains and Strains
- The China Study
- Patient Story: Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment
- Fibromyalgia: 3 Things to Do
- Weight Gain, Obesity & Cancer Risk
- Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Muscle Cramp (Charley Horse) Treatment and Symptoms
- How Muscles Work & Respond to Resistance Training
- Sickle Trait and Sickle Cell Disease
- Eating Tapeworms for Weight Loss
- 7 Most Effective Exercises
- 11 Tips for Surviving A Heat Wave Without Air-Conditioning
- Fitness: 10 Tips to Find the Right Fitness Class For You!
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Which Patients Do Best?
- Stress: Three Minutes to Stress Relief!
- Fitness When There's No Time to Exercise
- Knee Pain: Is It Chondromalacia?
- Kids: How to Keep Your Kids Healthy
- Coping With Chronic Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Questions for Your Doctor
- 10 Tips to Avoid Insomnia and Get a Good Night's Sleep
- Torn ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) of the Knee
- Fibromyalgia Treatments Without Drugs
- 17 Day Diet
- Baby Food Diet
- Dukan Diet
- Grapefruit Diet
- Mediterranean Diet
- FDA: Stop Using Hydroxycut
- High Blood Pressure and Exercise
- Hip Fracture Prevention - Hip Protectors
- Exercise, Hydration: Beverages for Sports, Fitness
- Exercise Music: Tunes to Get Fit By
- Springtime: New Season, Fitness Fresh Start
- Active at Any Size
- Fitness and Food, Your Healthy Evolution
- Working Out in a Winter Wonderland
- Exercising: Food to Fuel Your Workout
Medications & Supplements
- Cox-2 Inhibitors
- phentermine (Adipex-P, Lomaira)
- Oxycodone vs. Vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) for Pain
- Anabolic Steroids (Oral Androgens)
- orlistat (Xenical, alli)
- SGLT2 Inhibitors (Sodium-Glucose Co-Transporter 2)
- glipizide and metformin (Metaglip has been discontinued in the US)
- Saxenda (liraglutide injection)
- alirocumab (Praluent)
- Adlyxin (lixisenatide)
- tolazamide (Tolinase brand has been discontinued.)
Prevention & Wellness
- Common Exercise Therapy May Not Help Women With Leaky Bladder
- A 3x10 Exercise Plan That'll Work for You
- Dance Your Way to a Healthier Aging Brain
- Health Tip: Make Exercise a Habit
- Tai Chi: A Gentler Way to Exercise for Ailing Hearts
- The Value of Strength Training
- Moving Just 1 Hour a Week May Curb Depression Risk
- Online Game Could Boost Family Fitness
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Sports Injuries
- Health Tip: Exercise Boosts Brain Metabolism
- Exercise, Not Vitamin D, Recommended to Prevent Falls
- U.S. Pays a Hefty Price for Obesity
- The Benefits of Simply Moving More
- Health Tip: Healthy Brain Suggestions
- Even a Little More Activity Could Save Millions of Lives
- When It Comes to Exercise, Quality Trumps Quantity
- As Men's Weight Rises, Sperm Health May Fall
- One Weight-Loss Surgery Shows Lasting Results
- For Men, Fitness Can Often Last a Lifetime
- Exercise May Stem Kidney Damage in Lupus Patients
- Styling a Home Gym
- Even Teens Can Suffer Organ Damage From High Blood Pressure
- Which Single Behavior Best Prevents High Blood Pressure?
- Health Tip: Overcoming the Obesity Epidemic
- Does Mother's Mental Health Affect Pregnancy?
- Widening Waistlines May Raise Women's Cancer Risk
- Lifestyle Tips for Better Diabetes Control
- 'Healthy' Obese Still Face Higher Heart Risks
- Take a Stand Against Sitting Too Much
- The Truth About Exercise and Calorie Burn
- Regular Weigh-Ins May Help Prevent College Weight Gain
- Here's the Recipe to Keep Colon Cancer at Bay
- Getting Physical With a Personal Trainer
- Get Your Kids to Eat Smart at School
- Hate to Work Out? Your DNA May Be to Blame
- Team Sports for Kids: A Winning Combo
- Health Tip: Diet and Activity May Help Prevent Cancer
- Marching Band Members Can Use a Physical Tuneup
- Brain Scans Offer Clues to Why Some Teens Pile on Pounds
- Dog Walking a Treat for Pet and Owner Alike
- Pediatricians Sound Alarm on Rapid Weight Changes in Young Athletes
- Getting Fit as a Family
- Play It Smart: Stay in School for a Healthier Heart
- Too Much TV May Cost You Your Mobility
- Make Exercise a Work-in-Progress
- More Support for Tight Blood Pressure Control
- Kids' Cases of High Blood Pressure May Rise Under New Guidelines
- Health Tip: Get Moving and Stay Active
- 'Weekend Warriors' Tend to Wear White Collars
- Health Tip: Prevent Dehydration
- Wellness Visits for Better Well-being
- High-Cal Foods May Raise Cancer Risk in Women, Even Without Weight Gain
- Study Finds Options to Opioid Use After Knee Surgery
- Choosing a Gym: Exercise Your Options
- When Stress Hormone Falters, Your Health May Suffer
- Health Tip: Childhood Obesity Can Trigger Adult Problems
- Stretches: The Forgotten Exercise
- Health Tip: Fueling Your Body With Protein
- Resistance Training May Slow MS, Study Says
- As Many as 1 in 3 Experience New or Worse Pain With Yoga
- Rich, Well-Educated Get Bigger Bang for Buck From Mediterranean Diet
- Take the (Exercise) Plunge
- Just Thinking You're Less Active May Shorten Your Life
- Exercise Not Making Dent in Most Seniors' Down Time
- Surgeons Warn of Trampolines' Down Side
- Golfing and Gardening Your Way to Fitness
- Even a One-Minute Run Might Help a Woman's Bones
- Walking the Dog, All the Way to Better Health
- Health Tip: Adapting After Hip Replacement
- Can't Get to the Gym? Work Out in Your Office!
- An 'Active' Workstation Won't Lower Your Job Performance
- Good Diet, Exercise While Pregnant Could Cut C-section Risk
- More Than 100 Million Americans Have Diabetes or Prediabetes: CDC
- JFK's Long, Silent Struggle With Back Pain
- Docs Should Counsel Even Healthy People on Diet, Exercise, Experts Say
- Health Tip: Battling Muscle Cramps?
- How to Prevent Future Couch Potatoes
- Seniors' Lungs Can Tackle Exercise
- Reset Your Taste Buds for Less Sugar
- Exercising Safely With Diabetes
- Nerve Zap Unlikely to Ease Low Back Pain
- Exercise Can Keep Obese Seniors on the Go
- Health Tip: When Summer Heat Gets Intense
- Take A New View of Yoga
- Health Tip: Reap the Benefits of Intense Exercise
- More Americans Are Walking for Exercise
- Health Tip: Exercise to Manage Knee Pain
- Health Tip: Create a Food-and-Activity Journal
- Health Tip: Exercise During Menopause
- Could Shift Work Damage Your DNA?
- What Is 'Moderate' Exercise Anyway?
- Fish Eaters Report Less Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
- Health Tip: Get Fit Without the Gym
- Guided Exercise May Help Chronic Fatigue Patients: Study
- Breast-Feeding Tied to Lower Heart, Stroke Risk for Mom
- Health Tip: Become an Active Family
- Americans Want to Be Fit, But Most Don't Put in the Effort
- Seniors Get Good Results From Herniated Disc Surgery
- High-Intensity Exercise May Be Bad for the Bowels
- Are U.S. Teens Now as Inactive as 60-Year-Olds?
- Health Tip: Managing Arthritis Fatigue
- Better Sleep for Better Weight Loss
- Horse Therapy Could Rein In Stroke's Damage Years Later
- Want a Workout for Mind and Body? Hop on Your Bike
- Happy Marriage, Healthier Spouses
- Stay Safe as Summer Temps Soar
- Even Your Bones Can Get Fat, Mouse Study Suggests
- Choosing a Personal Trainer
- Fido May Be a Fit Senior's Best Friend
- Sharp Eyes Can Make Soccer Players Sharp Shooters
- Health Tip: Graduating Teens, Take Care of Your Health
- Marathon Runs Won't Harm Your Arteries
- Is White Bread OK for Some People?
- Health Tip: Stress-Busting Tips for Caregivers
- Working Workouts Into Your Life
- Health Tip: Get Your Workout on a Mountain Bike
- Diet Journaling Made Easier
- Obese Women May Have More Intense Hot Flashes
- Health Tip: Know Your Risk for Obesity
- Health Tip: Don't Fear Strength Training
- Fitness Trackers Highly Inaccurate in Counting Calories Burned: Study
- Adults Who Love Exercise May Gain 9 'Biological' Years
- Health Tip: Warm Up Before You Work Out
- Supercharging Exercise With Interval Training
- Health Tip: Don't Let Your Workout Get Stale
- 3 Key Lifestyle Factors Can Lower Breast Cancer Odds
- Health Tip: Your Diet as You Age
- Just 2 Weeks on the Couch Can Trigger Body's Decline
- Nuts! Good Medicine for Colon Cancer Survivors?
- This Combo Workout May Suit Obese Seniors Best
- Fido or Fluffy Can Bring You a Big Health Boost
- Astronauts' Blood Vessels Less Efficient on Long Missions: Study
- Getting Back on Track With Exercise
- Try This Workout at Home
- New Guidelines Say No to Most 'Keyhole' Knee Surgeries
- Do You Overeat? Your Brain Wiring May Be Why
- Health Tip: Make Time for Strength Training
- Got 10 Minutes to Spare?
- 'Balloon-in-a-Pill' Spurs Weight Loss, Health Benefits: Study
- 7 Common Exercise Errors
- Stretching Eases Pain of Vessel Disease in Legs
- Is This Enzyme Making You Fat?
- Too Many People Still Ignore Heart Attack Risks: Study
- Gene Mutation May Speed Alzheimer's Decline
- Walking vs. Running -- Which Is Better?
- Healthy Heart in Middle Age Delivers Big Dividends
- More Active Kids Could Save U.S. Billions in Health Costs: Study
- Health Tip: Getting Enough Hard Exercise
- Taking the Stairs a Better Pick-Me-Up Than Coffee
- Get Out There and Exercise
- Exercise and Vitamin D: A Heart-Healthy Combo
- No Excuses: Exercise Can Overcome the 'Obesity Gene'
- Exercise Guidelines: How Much Is Enough?
- Walk Your Way to Better Brain Health?
- Exercise Benefits Aging Hearts, Even Those of the Obese
- Health Tip: Don't Let Boredom Thwart Your Workout
- Timing of Lunch, Recess May Determine What Kids Eat
- Strength Training Might Help Prevent Seniors' Falls
- Stronger Muscles May Pump Up Kids' Memory Skills
- Health Tip: Help Manage Constipation
- Health Tip: When Asthma Doesn't Improve
- Want a Longer Life? Try Biking to Work
- Health Tip: Planning Your Walking Workout
- Blood Pressure: Know Your Numbers
- 1 Hour of Running Extends Life by 7 Hours: Study
- Water Outperforms Sports Drinks for Young Athletes
- Do Marathons' Road Closures Lead to More Local Deaths?
- Exercisers May Have Better Shot of Surviving Heart Attack
- Don't Bank on Heart-Rate Accuracy From Your Activity Tracker
- 10 Minutes of Sweat a Day Helps Kids' Hearts
- Race May Play Role in Obese Teens' Blood Pressure
- Stress Buster: Emotional Eating
- Health Tip: Eat Healthy After Radiation Therapy
- Multivitamins May Not Help Men's Hearts, Even When Diet Is Poor
- Who Really Needs All Those Heart Tests?
- Good Sleep Does Get Tougher With Age
- Fitness, Not Fat, Is Key to Post-Stroke Recovery
- 'Yo-Yo' Dieting Does No Favors for Your Heart
- Who Really Needs Blood Pressure, Cholesterol Meds?
- What's the 'SuperAgers' Mental Secret?
- Health Tip: Too Much Exercise Isn't Good Either
- Tanning's Allure Tied to Other Addictions
- Exercising 2.5 Hours a Week May Slow Parkinson's Progression
- Health Tip: Ease Varicose Veins
- Exercise: The Cellular 'Fountain of Youth'
- Need More Zzzzz's?
- Exercise a Great Prescription to Help Older Hearts
- Keep Colon Cancer at Bay
- Could Fading Sense of Smell Mean Death Is Closer?
- Remote Amazon Tribe May Have Healthiest Hearts on Earth
- Pradaxa Beats Warfarin After Heart Rhythm Procedure: Study
- Intensive Treatment Shows Potential Against Type 2 Diabetes
- How to Keep a Spring in Your Step With Daylight Saving Time
- Downside to Gluten-Free Diets: Diabetes Risk?
- 1 in 7 Obese People Has Normal Blood Pressure, Cholesterol
- Fitbits, Other Trackers May Be Unfit to Measure Heart Rate
- 'Pokemon Go' Players Add 2,000 Steps a Day
- How to Keep a Spring in Your Step With Daylight Saving Time
- Hold That Pose: Yoga May Ease Tough Depression
- Obesity in Pregnancy Tied to Cerebral Palsy Risk in Kids
- 1 in 4 U.S. Adults Disabled by Arthritis: CDC
- Obesity May Raise Girls' Risk of Asthma, Allergies
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Drug May Not Ease Chronic Fatigue Syndrome After All
- Exercise Helps Counter Cancer-Linked Fatigue
- Nerve 'Zap' Treatment May Speed Stroke Recovery
- Exercise Beats Weight Loss at Helping Seniors' Hearts
- Health Tip: Step Training
- More Exercise, Fewer Pounds: Cut Your Heart Failure Risk
- Live Healthy, Live Longer
- Kids Mean Less Shuteye for Mom, While Dad Slumbers On
- Belly Fat More Dangerous in Older Women Than Being Overweight
- Could Parkinson's Disease Raise Stroke Risk?
- Don't Sweat It: Gender Doesn't Dictate Perspiration Rate
- For Stroke Survivors, Exercise Is Good for the Brain: Review
- Exercise a Powerful Ally for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Health Tip: Stay Safe During Winter Sports
- There's Fun and Fitness in the Pool for Asthmatic Kids
- Post-Menopausal? Give Exercise a Try
- Lingering Baby Weight? Don't Blame the Pregnancy
- Genes Tied to Belly Size Also Linked to Heart Disease
- 5 Ways Women Can Cut Their Heart Attack Risk
- Health Tip: Maintain Posture for Step Training
- FDA Issues Warning About Balloon Obesity Treatments
- Beware Heart Attack Risk From Shoveling Snow
- Stress Buster
- Try Drug-Free Options First for Low Back Pain, New Guidelines Say
- Low Back Pain? Relax, Breathe and Try Yoga
- Divorce May Shrink an Older Woman's Waistline…
- Health Tip: Daily Routine Can Minimize Stress
- Whole-Grain Foods May Help You Stay Slim
- Calcium Buildup in Young Arteries May Signal Heart Attack Risk
- Gym Membership Makes Your Heart Fitter, Too
- 8 Ways to Help Kids Dodge Germs
- Skimp on Sleep and You Just May Wind Up Sick
- Winter's No Reason to Hibernate: Head Outside for Some Sports Fun
- Health Tip: Logging Your Exercise
- Health Tip: Get Active With a Jump Rope
- Substitutions for a 'Slimmer Bowl' Football Party
- For Kids, Regular Exercise Seems to Put Depression on the Run
- Astronaut Twins Give Clues to Health Hazards of Spaceflight
- Sleep: The Great Motivator
- Dueling Quarterback Diets: Matt Ryan vs. Tom Brady
- Fat Near the Heart a Hazard for Postmenopausal Women
- Even a Little Exercise Can Help With Arthritis, Study Says
- Health Tip: Staying Healthy May Not Be Costly
- High-Mileage Runners Expend Less Energy
- Ways to Stay Active in Winter
- For Ice Skating, Sharpen Up on Safety
- Health Tip: Don't Be a Night Owl
- Lack of Exercise Might Invite Dementia
- Study Explores Electrical Brain Stimulation to Treat Bulimia
- Health Tip: Set Good Habits for Exercise
- U.S. Cancer Deaths Decline Over Three Decades
- Study Counters Link Between Excess Pregnancy Weight and Overweight Kids
- Fitter Seniors May Have Healthier Brains
- Health Tip: Graduating High School?
- 'Ablation' Procedure Helps 3 out of 4 Patients With Irregular Heartbeat
- Exercise Rates Often Decline After Cancer Diagnosis
- Childhood Asthma May Encourage Obesity, Study Suggests
- Short Stretches of Exercise May Have Anti-Inflammatory Effect
- Too Much Sitting Ages You Faster
- Men: Here Are Ways to Healthier, Younger-Looking Skin
- Forward-Thinking Tips for Back Pain
- Health Tip: Help Young Athletes Avoid Malnutrition
- Even a Little Daily Activity May Boost Colon Cancer Survival: Study
- Working Out? Don't Bring Your Cellphone
- Health Tip: Investing in Your Fitness
- Health Tip: Get Moving Toward a Healthier You
- IRS Reminds Millions About Fines for Not Signing Up for Obamacare
- Health Tip: Stick With Your Healthy-Eating Resolution
- Rural Americans at Higher Risk of 5 Preventable Causes of Death: CDC
- Health Tip: Cutting Out Caffeine?
- 'Chemo Brain' Lasts for Months in Many Breast Cancer Survivors
- Lots of Red Meat May Be Tied to Gut Disorder in Men
- Brisk Walk May Help Sidestep Heart Disease
- Health Tip: Eat a Protein-Rich Breakfast
- Want to Leave Dinner Feeling Full? Bring on the Beans
- 'Weekend Warriors' Can Still Stretch Their Life Spans
- Scans Hint at Running's Brain Benefits, Even When Young
- Kids' Care May Suffer When Parents Clash With Medical Staff
- Can You Play 'Catch-Up' and Be Healthy?
- Weight-Loss Surgery Offers Long-Term Benefit to Very Obese Teens
- Exercise: An Antidote for Behavioral Issues in Students?
- Health Tip: Protecting Your Health
- Is Running Bad for Your Knees?
- Want a Sharper Brain as You Age? Volunteer!
- Plant-Based Diets Score Big for Healthy Weight Loss
- Resolve to Reduce Your Cancer Risk This Year
- Routine Checkup Should Assess Fitness, Too
- U.S. News & World Report Again Ranks the DASH Diet as the Best Overall Diet
- Secrets of Metabolism
- Health Tip: Avoid Straining Your Hip
- Health Tip: Set a Health Goal That Lasts
- Mouse Study Hints at Why Obese People Struggle to Exercise
- Making New Year's Resolutions That Last
- Healthy Snacks Can Be Smart Part of a Diabetes Diet
- Does Santa's Diet, Lifestyle Earn Him a Stocking Full of Coal?
- Wiser, But Fatter, by Graduation
- Exercise May Be Real Medicine for Parkinson's Disease
- High Pain Tolerance Tied to 'Silent' Heart Attack Risk
- HIV May Double Odds of Heart Attack
- Serious Yoga Injuries, Though Rare, Are on the Rise
- Health Tip: Maximizing Your Workout
- Sometimes the Holidays Aren't Always Jolly
- Smartphones Could Be a Boon to Heart Health Research
- Pokemon Go, Pokemon Gone
- The Happy Get Lucky in Their Older Years
- Smartphones, Tablets and Weight Gain in Teens
- Health Tip: Enjoy an Active Holiday Season
- Strength Training May Prevent Side Effect of Breast Cancer Surgery
- Turning to an Ancient Art to Help Ease PTSD in Veterans
- Certain Breast Cancer Drugs Tied to Blood Vessel Damage
- Heart Rate Change When Standing Up Might Predict Older Adult's Death Risk
- Optimism May Propel Women to a Longer Life
- Health Tip: Do Things as a Family
- Health Tip: Does Exercise Feel Like Work?
- Normal Blood Pressure in Clinic May Mask Hypertension
- Health Tip: Reduce Your Risk of Hip Fracture
- Dialysis Patients May Walk Their Way to Better Health
- Specially Designed Video Game Might Ease 'Phantom Limb' Pain
- Low-Carb Diet May Aid Your Metabolism
- Aerobic Exercise May Help Guard Against Dementia
- Standing or 'Easy' Walks May Help Type 2 Diabetics Control Blood Sugar
- Health Tip: Using a Fitness Tracker
- Tennis Anyone? It May Prolong Your Life
- Health Tip: When You're a Caregiver With a Full-Time Job
- Mouthguard a Key Defense Against Sports-Related Injuries
- Hitting the Slopes? Keep These Safety Tips in Mind
- Health Tip: Preparing for Your First 5k Run
- Health Tip: Exercise Can Be a Brain-Booster
- Your Recipe for a Healthy, Delicious Holiday Season
- Can Occupational Therapy Slow Alzheimer's Decline?
- Smoking Plus Diabetes a Very Deadly Mix
- Amputations Due to Poor Blood Flow More Likely in Certain Groups
- Health Tip: Don't Nullify Your Workout
- Health Tip: Don't Fall for Exercise Myths
- Device Shows Promise Against Tough-to-Treat Heart Failure
- Health Tip: Vary Your Workout Routine
- Wildfire Smoke Chokes Southeast, Brings Health Threats
- Exercise Good for Cancer Patients During, After Treatment
- Health Tip: Creating an Insulin Routine
- How to Exercise Safely in Smog
- U.S. Heart Disease Rates Fell 20 Percent Since 1980s: Study
- DNA Isn't Destiny: Healthy Living Can Overcome Genes Linked to Heart Disease
- Could C-Section Birth Raise Child's Risk of Obesity?
- Health Tip: Be Healthier for the Holidays
- Health Tip: Keep Psoriatic Arthritis Fatigue in Check
- Health Tip: When Sleep is Interrupted
- Can a Community's 'Well-Being' Help You Live Longer?
- U.S. Doctors Don't All Follow Prediabetes Screening Guidelines: Study
- Friendly Competition on Social Media May Get You to the Gym
- Childhood Cancer Survivors Living Longer But Not Always Better
- Balloon-in-a-Pill Helped Obese Patients Lose Weight
- Genes May Dictate Your Love -- or Hate -- of Exercise
- Surgery Not the Answer for Most Back Pain, Sports Doctor Says
- Downside to Exercise for City Kids: More Pollution
- Icy Slurry May Be Best Way to Hydrate in Extreme Heat: Study
- Kids 6 and Older Should Be Screened for Obesity, Task Force Reaffirms
- Health Tip: Coping With a Chronic Cough
- Does 'Good' Cholesterol Matter in Heart Disease Risk?
- Pedal Your Way to Heart Health
- Stressed-Out Mate Bad for Your Waistline
- Weight-Loss Surgery Pays Off for Severely Obese Teens
- New Guidelines Urge Diabetics to Move More
- Oxygen Therapy Little Help for Those With Milder COPD
- Stronger Muscles May Pump Up Your Memory
- Health Tip: Use Football Safety Equipment Correctly
- Health Tip: Enjoy an Active Autumn
- Pediatricians: Kids Need 'Media Use Plan' From Parents
- Digestive Byproduct Tied to Meat Raises Risks for Some Heart Patients
- Exercise May Help People Who Already Have Memory Loss
- Even for Men at High Risk, Healthy Living May Help Prevent Colon Cancer
- Health Tip: Kick Off Exercise With a Support System
- Have Type 2 Diabetes? Try Walking After Eating
- Health Tip: Ease Stress If You Have Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Health Tip: Manage Psoriasis
- Marijuana May Blunt Bone Health
- Obesity More Common Among Teens With Autism: Study
- Health Tip: Choosing a Time to Work Out
- Cost Keeps Many Kids From School Sports, Other Activities
- Exercise Can Help Manage Type 1 Diabetes
- Now Hear This: Wind Noise Can Pose Threat to Cyclists
- Fitbit, Other Heart Rate Wristbands Often Inaccurate: Study
- Exercise Typically Healthy During Pregnancy, Olympic Panel Says
- High-Protein Diets May Not Help Fend Off Diabetes: Study
- Are Some Blood Pressure Meds Linked to Depression, Bipolar Risk?
- Calcium Supplements May Not Be Heart Healthy
- Health Tip: Use a Workplace Gym
- More Evidence Menopause 'Brain Fog' Is Real
- Anger, Heavy Exertion: Fast Track to a Heart Attack?
- For Migraine Sufferers, Is a Chiropractor's Touch All in the Mind?
- Healthy Living May Mean More Healthy Years for Seniors
- How 'Mindful Eating' Can Keep Kids Slim
- Day Care Doesn't Encourage Weight Gain in Kids
- U.S. Life Expectancy Lags Behind Other Wealthy Nations
- Health Tip: Exercise Safely With Diabetes
- Health Tip: Stretch Before and After a Workout
- Fitful Sleep May Take Toll on Older Women's Hearts
- Depression Can Fuel Heart Disease in Midlife Women: Study
- Do Activity Trackers Like Fitbit Boost Health?
- 3 Lifestyle Changes To Help Prevent Breast Cancer
- 'Mindfulness'-Based Approach Could Help You Stay Slim
- Encouraging Surgical ICU Patients to Get Moving Pays Off
- Exercise May Not Lower Women's Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- Are There Alternatives to Statins?
- Your Biological Clock: Why Some Age Faster Than Others
- Can Pregnancy Problems Foretell Future Health Risks?
- Exercise Speeds Seniors' Recovery From Disability
- 9 of 10 U.S. Teens Don't Get Enough Exercise
- Why the Teen Years May Not Be Lean Years
- Canada's First Nations People Face Greater Diabetes Risk
- Health Tip: Exercise a Painful Knee
- Close Bond Between Kids, Parents Has Long-Term Health Benefits
- For Kids Playing Pokemon Go, Catch These Safety Tips
- Severe Obesity and Heart Failure
- Diet or Exercise: What's Best for the Middle-Aged Heart
- 31 Million Older Americans Aren't Getting Enough Exercise
- Alcohol May Damage the Heart -- at Least for Some
- New Approach Helps Ease Teens' Stubborn Concussion Symptoms
- Health Tip: Dress for Workout Success
- Play to Win When It Comes to Kids and Sports Pain
- Health Tip: Don't Skip Flexibility Exercises
- What's Regular Exercise Worth? Maybe $2,500 Per Year
- Exercise May Cut Alcohol Health Risks
- Intensive Type 2 Diabetes Treatment Can Extend Survival: Study
- Coping With College Stress
- New Textile Promises Cool Comfort Without Air Conditioning
- Parents Can Play Key Role in Setting Healthy Habits for Kids
- Want Better Heart Health? There's an App for That
- Health Tip: Make Yourself Seen When Exercising in the Dark
- Health Tip: Spotting the Signs of an Effective Weight-Loss Program
- Over 64? Want to Cut Your Heart Disease Risk? Try Exercise
- Study Bolsters Role of Angioplasty, Stents in Heart-Attack Survival
- First Days of Preseason Practice Pose Big Heat Risks for College Football Players
- Health Tip: Why Warm-Up?
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Stave Off Dementia
- Health Tip: Help Kids Get Enough Exercise
- Health Tip: Work Through Chronic Pain
- Health Tip: Explaining Circuit Training
- Health Tip: When Kids Walk to School
- To Keep Teens Slim, Focus on Health not Weight
- 10 Easy Ways to Build Activity Into Your Workday Routine
- Healthy Diet, Exercise May Help Keep Alzheimer's at Bay
- 7 Ways to Avoid Serious Injury From School Sports
- Women's Cancer Risk Rises With Years Spent Overweight
- This Key Neighborhood Factor May Help Smokers Quit
- Exercise Not an 'Antidote' to Too Much Sitting, Heart Experts Say
- Health Tip: Boost Your Health With Exercise
- Ditch Your Car, Ride Your Bike and Check Your Scale
- Will 'Unloading' Shoes Help Your Arthritic Knees?
- Keep Your Kids Active and Injury-Free
- Health Tip: Know Your Risk of Stress Fracture
- Fidget Your Way to a Healthier Heart
- Regular Exercise: Antidote for Deadly Diseases?
- Sugary, High-Fat Western Diet Tied to Denser Breast Tissue
- Don't Shrug Off Shoulder Safety When Playing Summer Sports
- Health Tip: Did You Strain Your Hamstring?
- When Diabetes Strikes, Get Moving to Lower Risk to Eyes
- Heart Risk Factors Rise Before Menopause
- Sickle Cell Trait Not Linked to Early Death in Study
- Average American 15 Pounds Heavier Than 20 Years Ago
- Lots of Red Meat, an Earlier Grave?
- Age-Related Declines Evident Before 60
- High Doses of Fish Oil Might Help Healing After Heart Attack
- Health Tip: If You Have Pain in Your Shins
- Summer Days Shouldn't Be Lazy for Kids
- Health Tip: Reap the Benefits of High-Intensity Interval Training
- FDA OKs New Injectable Type 2 Diabetes Medication
- Exercise May Keep Diabetes in Check During Pregnancy
- Hour of Exercise a Day May Offset Sitting's Toll on Health
- Lack of Fitness Second Only to Smoking as Predictor of Early Death: Study
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Younger Women's Hearts
- 'Walking Meetings' May Boost Employee Health, Productivity
- People-Oriented Jobs May Help Lower Alzheimer's Risk
- Health Tip: Is Arthritis Affecting Your Hip?
- Painkillers for Teen Athletes Won't Spur Addiction: Study
- Health Tip: Get Fit While Watching TV
- 'Heat Dome' Heats Up United States
- Brisk Walking May Help Ward Off Diabetes
- Is Surgery Always Needed for Meniscal Tears of the Knee?
- Which Diabetes Drug Is Best?
- Get Outside, Get Moving to Prevent 'Gamer's Thumb'
- 3 Health Issues That Can Threaten Young Female Athletes
- Normal Weight May Not Protect Against Diabetes
- Play 'Pokemon Go' Without Landing in the ER
- Weight Loss Might Reduce Cancer Risk: Study
- Pedal Away From Type 2 Diabetes
- Health Tip: Manage Emotional Stress
- Study Suggests Type 2 Diabetes-Cancer Link
- Global Team Taps Into DNA Behind Type 2 Diabetes
- Why Breast Cancer Survivors Should Exercise
- Antidepressant No Help to Heart Failure Patients: Study
- Concussion Rates Have Doubled Among U.S. Kids
- Health Tip: Balancing Exercise and Nutrition
- Are High School Athletes at Risk From Artificial Turf?
- Is U.S. Government Subsidizing Fattening Foods?
- Modern Lifestyle Primary Culprit for Obesity Epidemic: Study
- Health Tip: Self-Manage Chronic Illness
- Health Tip: Coping With Knee Arthritis
- Exercise May Help Ease Adult ADHD Symptoms
- Health Tip: Exercise for Better Sleep
- U.S. Cancer Survivors Living Longer
- Walking: The Cheap, Easy Workout
- Health Tip: Exercising After Joint Replacement
- Health Tip: Plan Ahead to Minimize Jet Lag
- Looks-Conscious Teens Trying Risky Supplements
- Sprained Ankle Could Pose Longer-Term Harms to Health
- Health Tip: Keep Pushing Through Your Workout
- Exercise May Help Thwart Ovarian Cancer
- Long Work Hours May Hurt Your Health
- Alternative Medicine Taking Hold Among Americans: Report
- Are Commercial Brain-Training Programs Worth It?
- Depression Plagues Many With COPD
- Aging May Blunt Some of Exercise's Benefits
- Want New Knowledge to Stick? Head Straight to a Workout
- Single Working Moms Carry a Heart Burden
- FAQ: New 'Stomach Pump' Weight Loss Device
- 5 Diet Drugs: Which Ones Work?
- Health Tip: Keep Bedtime Back Pain at Bay
- Health Tip: Exercising for Seniors
- Got a Spare 15 Minutes? A Little Exercise May Boost Life Span
- Middle-Age Fitness Helps Ward Off Stroke Later
- Older Runners Can Maintain Their 'Fuel Efficiency'
- Health Tip: Fight Inflammation With Diet and Exercise
- Health Tip: Enjoy an Active Summer
- Shift Workers at Greater Risk of Heart Ills, Study Says
- Health Tip: Get Enough Sleep
- Genes Might Help Shield Some Black Men From Obesity
- Health Tip: Get a Stress Test
- Smog Can Make Blood Pressure Soar: Studies
- Baby's Early Walking May Mean Stronger Bones as Teen
- Health Tip: Make Time for Fitness
- Health Tip: Women, Don't Neglect Your Health
- Lifestyle Change May Cut Risk for Women With Breast Cancer Genes
- Healthy Living May Offset Genetic Breast Cancer Risk
- Common Abnormal Heart Rhythm Linked to Cancer Risk
- No Welcome Mats for Diabetes, Obesity in 'Walkable' Neighborhoods
- Tai Chi: Rx for Arthritic Knees
- A Little Excess Weight May Boost Colon Cancer Survival
- Health Tip: Reduce Your Risk of a Stress Fracture
- Experts Rank America's 'Fittest Cities' -- Is Yours One of Them?
- Keep Busy! Stay Sharp!
- Why Pleasant Mealtimes Could Be Key to Alzheimer's Care
- Health Tip: Practice Rhythmic Breathing
- Health Tip: Boost Your Mood
- Too Few Americans Take Advantage of Local Parks
- Exercise May Cut Risk of 13 Cancers, Study Suggests
- Joe Montana Scoring Points Against Heart Disease
- As Fitness Levels Rise, Diabetes Risk Drops
- Inactive Women May Face Higher Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Gestational Diabetes May Lead to More Body Fat on Babies
- Disabling Falls Don't Have to Happen
- Does Fat-Storing Hormone Cause Obesity?
- Depression Strikes, Stays With Many Caregivers of Critically Ill
- Teens Who Eat Lots of Fruit May Lower Their Breast Cancer Risk: Study
- Obesity May Not Take Years Off Your Life: Study
- Pumping Iron? Try Longer Breaks Between Sets for Max Muscles
- Could Nasal Spray Curtail Nighttime Bathroom Trips?
- Restoring Blood Flow Beats Exercise for Poor Leg Circulation
- Walking Fido Is Doggone Good for Your Health
- New Guidelines Recommend Inpatient Rehab After Stroke
- Seniors: Pump Iron, Live Longer
- Exercise Is Good for You, Even in Polluted Cities: Study
- Managing Allergies, Asthma 101
- Building Muscle Could Boost the Body's Most Important Muscle
- Health Tip: Sleepless on Sunday
- Gotta Minute? Get a Good Workout
- Americans Getting Adequate Water Daily, CDC Finds
- Health Tip: Choose Energy-Boosting Foods
- Health Tip: Use a Mouthguard
- Health Tip: Managing Varicose Veins
- New Guidelines Issued on Breast, Genital Plastic Surgery for Teen Girls
- Retirement Can Be Golden for Your Health
- Health Tip: Start Changing Your Lifestyle
- After Pregnancy-Linked Diabetes, Healthy Diet May Ease Blood Pressure
- Regular Exercise May Boost Prostate Cancer Survival
- Health Tip: Keep a Diabetes Diary
- Health Tip: Stop Eating When You're Full
- Obesity in Teens Seems to Raise Risk for Illness, Death in Middle Age
- Health Tip: Are Your Feet Getting Enough Blood?
- Does Exercise Help or Hinder Your Diet?
- Health Tip: Exercise for a Healthier Heart
- Your Income, Hometown May Be Key to Your Lifespan
- Predicting Longevity May Be Simpler Than Thought
- Exercise May Counter Harms From Too Much Sitting, Study Says
- The Health Risks Posed by Mindless Munching
- Too Much Sitting May Shorten Your Life, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Need a Time-Out From Athletic Training?
- A Few Key Steps Can Protect Your Heart and Kidneys
- Common Irregular Heartbeat May Hamper Seniors' Walking Ability
- FDA: 2 Diabetes Drugs May Be Linked to Heart Failure Risk
- Intensive Exercise a Fountain of Youth for Aging Muscles
- Right Neighborhood May Mean 90 Extra Minutes of Exercise a Week
- Waistline May Predict Heart Disease Better Than Weight
- Non-Surgical Procedure May Be New Weight-Loss Tool
- Mediterranean Diet May Help Lower Hip Fracture Risk in Older Women
- Health Tip: Fighting Stress
- Health Tip: Select Running Shoes Based on Your Arches
- Heart Attacks Striking Younger, Fatter Americans: Study
- Health Tip: Setting Yourself Up for Better Sleep
- Exercise May Keep Your Brain 10 Years Younger, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Make Your Workouts More Intense
- Less Than 3 Percent of Americans Live a Healthy Lifestyle
- Birth Control Pills Linked to Fewer Severe Knee Injuries in Teen Girls
- U.S. Heart Disease Deaths Shifting South
- Stress Management Training May Help Cardiac Rehab Patients
- Exercise May Extend Lives of People With COPD
- School-Based 'Overweight Warnings' May Not Keep Girls Slim
- Mom's Smoking May Put Kids at Higher Risk of COPD in Adulthood
- Exercise Doesn't Seem to Affect Breast Density
- For 'Ironman' Athletes, Study Shows Danger of Too Much Water
- Smoothing the Transition to Daylight Saving Time
- Body Fat May Be Bigger Health Danger Than Body Size
- Fitness in Youth May Be Key to Diabetes Risk Decades Later
- Optimistic Outlook May Boost Hispanics' Heart Health
- Dance Class May Be Gateway to Exercise for Older Latinos
- Too Much Sitting Can Harm Older, Female Heart Attack Survivors
- Lazy Weekends May Boost Body Fat, Study Shows
- ADHD Meds Tied to Lower Bone Density in Kids
- Certain Jobs Hazardous to Your Heart Health, Study Finds
- Parents, Take Heed: Your Kids Copy Your Heart Health Habits
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Back Pain During Sleep
- Young Athletes Pressured by Parents May Resort to 'Doping'
- Health Tip: Helping Your Child Choose a Sport
- Recovery From Ultramarathon May Take Up to 5 Days
- Physically Fit May Bounce Back Better After Heart Attack
- Are Women the Key to Unlocking Alzheimer's?
- Alzheimer's Risk: Do You Want to Know?
- Feeling Old? Your Risk for Hospitalization May Rise
- Health Tip: Prepping for Pregnancy
- NBA Players Putting Their Hearts Into Medical Research
- Health Tip: Getting More Active at Home
- High-Impact Exercise Strengthens Men's Bones, Researchers Say
- Health Tip: Moms, Don't Neglect Your Health
- Social Groups May Lengthen Retirees' Lives
- Impotence Not an Inevitable Part of Aging
- The 5 Things You Need in a Weight Loss Plan
- Health Tip: Plan Family Meals and Exercise
- ADHD Tied to Obesity Risk for Girls, Study Contends
- Exercise May Prevent Harmful Falls in Men
- Exercise May Prevent Injurious Falls in Men
- Health Tip: Prevent Heel Pain
- 'Til Weight Loss Do Us Part?
- Health Tip: Ready to Run a Trail?
- Fitness Linked to Better Survival After First Heart Attack
- Exercise Has Its Limits for Losing Weight, Study Finds
- Exercise: Is More Always Better?
- Health Tip: Lead a Healthier Lifestyle
- Schools Must Do More to Combat Obesity Among Hispanic Kids: Report
- Breast Concerns May Sideline Many Teen Girls From Sports
- Exercise Regularly and Your Heart Will Thank You
- Health Tip: Follow the 'Simple 7' For a Healthier Heart
- Stressed Teens May Face Higher Diabetes Risk as Adults: Study
- Health Tip: Be a Healthier Family
- Exercise Eases Low Back Pain
- Health Tip: Ask Questions Before You Start Exercising
- Exercise to Boost Spine Muscles Can Ease Back Pain, Study Suggests
- Diet and Exercise Benefit People With Heart Failure
- DASH Diet Ranks Best for Sixth Time
- Health Tip: Get Active Indoors
- Carbs Fuel Long Runs: Study
- Health Tip: Start a Group Training Session
- Health Tip: Meditation May Help Your Heart
- Being 'Fat But Fit' Won't Cut Your Risk of Premature Death
- Health Tip: Keeping Diabetes in Check During the Holidays
- Common Heart Failure Drugs May Harm More Than Help
- One in Five U.S. Kids Over Age 5 Has Unhealthy Cholesterol: CDC
- Health Tip: Using a Knee Brace
- Most Teens' Physical Activity Occurs at School
- Endurance Athletes May Pay Physical Price
- Too Much TV While Younger May Hamper Middle-Aged Brain
- New Diabetes Cases Among Americans Drop for First Time in Decades: CDC
- Fitness in Youth Can Pay Off Decades Later: Study
- Brain Gains for Older Adults Who Start Exercising
- Health Tip: Watch What You Eat
- Possible New Weight-Loss Tool: Blocking Stomach Artery
- Weight Loss May Spare Knee Cartilage, Study Finds
- Exercise Can Reduce Heart Failure Risk, No Matter Your Age
- Health Tip: Using Technology to Get Fit
- Health Tip: Getting Ready for Pregnancy
- Depressed Black Americans May Be at Risk for Heart Woes
- Why Heart Failure Patients Often Get Too Little Exercise
- Experts Pan Gene Testing of Budding Athletes
- Physical Fitness Linked to Mental Fitness in Seniors
- Angioplasty May Not Boost Survival for Some Heart Disease Patients
- Health Tip: Exercising Safely in Cold Weather
- Adult Obesity Still Growing in U.S., Youth Rates Hold Steady: CDC
- Strong Legs Linked to Strong Mind
- Lower Blood Pressure Target Could Save Lives: Study
- Even Easy Exercise May Lower Blood Pressure in Those With Diabetes
- Short Bursts of Intense Exercise Might Benefit Type 2 Diabetics
- Pregnant and Got the Blues? Get More Exercise to Protect Your Health
- The Physically Active Less Prone to Post-Heart Attack Depression
- 'Walkable' Neighborhoods Boost Heart Health, Studies Find
- Health Tip: Considering Circuit Training
- New Advisory Says Some Athletes With Heart Conditions OK to Play
- Weight, Exercise May Affect Children's Thinking Skills
- Health Tip: Snack After Sports
- Health Tip: Serve up Better Halloween Treats
- Health Tip: Exercising Indoors
- Health Tip: Preventing Sprains and Strains
- Health Tip: Plan for a Healthier Lifestyle
- Being Mindful May Guard Against Belly Fat
- Exercise May Help Prevent Pregnancy-Linked Pelvic Pain
- Mixed Martial Arts Fighters May Go to Dangerous Lengths to Shed Pounds
- Whistle … and Walk … While You Work
- Short Bursts of Intense Exercise Seems Good for Teen Hearts: Study
- Health Tip: Squeeze in a 30-Minute Workout
- Health Tip: Stay Fit and Healthy During Pregnancy
- Bullied Teens Who Exercise May Lower Suicide Risk, Study Finds
- Expert Tips for Preventing Kids' Sports Injuries
- Fidgeting Might Be Good for Your Health
- Want Your Kids to Exercise? Skip the Guilt
- Antidepressants Top Treatment Choice for Severe PMS: Researchers
- FAQ: Pregnancy Complications and Your Heart
- Exercise May Help Keep an Aging Mind Agile
- Health Tip: Find Time to Stretch
- Health Tip: Encourage Kids to Stay Active
- Short, Intense Workouts May Help Hearts of Type 2 Diabetics
- Sports Medicine Docs Offer Safety Tips for Young Athletes
- Health Tip: Avoiding the Weight-Loss Rollercoaster
- Even Short Bouts of Activity May Help Kids' Health
- Health Tip: Balance Homework With Down Time
- Exercise, Supplements Like Fish Oil Won't Keep Elderly Sharper: Studies
- Exercise May Be Good Medicine for Irregular Heartbeat
- Excessive Sports Training Hurts Kids, Expert Warns
- Health Tip: Getting Fit on a Mountain Bike
- Exercise Best Bet Against Diabetes for College Graduates
- Health Tip: Keep Kids Active
- Health Tip: Kick Off Your Exercise Program
- Could Your Smartphone Help Boost Your Heart Health?
- Health Tip: Use Caution When Exercising in Hot Weather
- Moderate Exercise May Reduce Men's Heart Failure Risk
- Bodybuilder Supplement Abuse a Growing Concern
- Exercise Boosts Obese Kids' Heart Health
- Do Sporty Teen Girls Live Longer, Healthier Lives?
- Health Tip: After You Finish a Marathon
- Exercise May Buffer Symptoms of Early Alzheimer's
- Health Tip: Exercise Your Knees After Injury
- The Dreaded 'Dad Bod' Is Real
- Too Much TV, Too Little Exercise When Young May Hasten Mental Decline Later
- More Exercise = More Fat Loss for Older Women, Study Finds
- Most Obese People Will Never Reach Normal Weight: Study
- Could That Before-Dinner Drink Make You Eat More?
- Health Tip: Vary Your Exercise Routine
- Health Tip: Why Muscles Cramp
- Muscle Strength Fades After Just Two Weeks of Inactivity
- Health Tip: Finding Time for Exercise
- Health Tip: Help Kids Prevent Stress
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Beat Diet, Exercise as Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
- Menopausal Women at Lower Heart Risk Than Men of Similar Age
- Promise From a New Weight-Loss Drug
- Endurance Athletes Should Only Drink When Thirsty, Experts Say
- Health Tip: Exercising With Heart Problems
- Parents Should Set Good Example to Keep Kids Slim, Pediatrics Group Says
- Exercise Benefits People With Parkinson's Disease: Study
- The Benefits of Exercise Go Way Beyond the Muscles
- Extreme Exercising Can Lead to Blood Poisoning, Study Reveals
- Even Light Activity Can Boost Seniors' Health
- Any Added Sugar Is Bad Sugar, Some Experts Contend
- Exercise May Have Benefits Beyond Fitness in Type 2 Diabetes
- Most Physical Activity Helps You Sleep Better
- Exercise, Games, Puzzles Don't Prevent Signs of Alzheimer's in the Brain: Study
- Aerobic Exercise Can Help Curb Asthma, Study Shows
- Older Americans Need Protein to Keep Muscles Strong, Study Says
- Exercise Can Cut Risk of Pregnancy-Related Diabetes: Study
- Can This Test Predict Your Risk of Dying by 2020?
- Exercise May Blunt a Woman's Risk of Lung and Breast Cancer: Studies
- Office Workers, On Your Feet!
- Health Tip: Invest in Your Health
- Test Endurance Athletes for Heart Woes While They Exercise: Study
- Marriage Before College Graduation Tied to More Weight Gain
- Health Tip: Exercising Despite Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Health Tip: Avoiding Overuse Injury
- Health Tip: Keep Your Child at a Healthy Weight
- Weight Training's Benefits May Depend on Genetics
- Health Tip: Exercise Boosts Heart Health
- At-Home Walks Help Those With Clogged Leg Arteries Stay Mobile
- Nation's Capital Named 'Fittest City' in U.S.
- How Safe Is Exercise for Those With Common Irregular Heartbeat?
- Activity Improves Survival for Those With Implanted Defibrillators
- Even in Later Life, Exercise Seems to Pay Dividends
- Hand-Grip Strength May Provide Clues to Heart Health
- Staying Fit May Delay Onset of High Cholesterol, Study Finds
- Americans' Blood Triglyceride Levels Dropping: CDC
- Strengthening Hip Muscles May Ease Calf Pain From Blood Vessel Disease
- Health Tip: Facing Emotions Without Cigarettes
- Many Aging Boomers Face Chronic Illness, But Death Rate Is Falling: CDC
- Healthy Eating May Shield the Aging Brain
- Health Tip: Sleep Better During Pregnancy
- Fall-Related Deaths Nearly Doubled for U.S. Seniors Since 2000
- Health Tip: Moms, Make Time for Yourself
- 2-Minute Walk Every Hour May Help Offset Effects of Sitting
- Traumatic Life Events May Harm Women's Hearts, Study Suggests
- Coming Soon: A Test to Gauge Your Obesity Risk?
- Health Tip: Gear up for Sports
- Just 1 Hour of Daily TV Boosts Kids' Obesity Risk, Study Suggests
- Foods That Help Keep the Pounds Off as You Age
- Health Tip: Get Active During Summer
- Salt Pills Do Little for Endurance Athletes: Study
- Health Tip: Live Healthier to Help Prevent Osteoporosis
- To Protect Your Aging Brain, Start With Exercise
- Health Tip: Exercising With Knee Problems
- Ease Back Into Springtime Sports, Doctor Cautions
- Untested Stimulant Still in Dietary Supplements
- Regular, Vigorous Exercise May Lengthen Your Life: Study
- Fit at 50? Cardiac Arrest During Exercise Unlikely, Study Finds
- Doctor's Advice May Help Prompt Weight Loss
- Exercise Might Boost Mental Function in People With Schizophrenia
- Health Tip: Add Exercise to Your Family's Regular Routine
- Health Tip: Looking for an Exercise Product?
- Exercise Beneficial Even in Polluted Air: Study
- COPD Takes Big Toll on Employment, Mobility in U.S.
- Hope to Live to 100? Check Your Genes
- Health Tip: Monitoring Your Weight
- Could a Diet Help Shield You From Alzheimer's?
- Premature Deaths Down in 60 Percent of U.S. Counties
- Exercise, But Not Vitamin D, Cuts Injuries From Falls in Older Women: Study
- Should Older Runners Embrace the 'Barefoot' Craze?
- Health Tip: Evaluating a Weight-Loss Program
- Health Tip: Pick Up a Jump Rope For Fitness
- Exercise's Effect on Brain May Boost Mobility in Old Age
- Healthy Lifestyle May Guard Against Dementia
- Health Tip: Build a Fitness Support System
- Health Tip: Benefits From Proper Diet and Exercise
- Nuts, Fat, Added Sugars: New Research
- Healthy Living in Middle Age Keeps Heart Failure at Bay Decades Later
- Exercise May Boost Size of Some Brain Regions
- When One Spouse Exercises, the Other May Start, Too
- Health Tip: Protect Your Hair From a Water Workout
- Fit Body at 40 May Keep Brain Bright at 60
- Stress May Undermine Heart Benefits of Exercise
- Kids May Be More Likely to Exercise When Friends Do
- Health Tip: Conquering Exercise Saboteurs
- Any Exercise Is Good, But Higher-Intensity May Be Better
- Tips for Safe Snow Fun
- Health Tip: Maintaining Healthy Habits
- Study Questions Benefits of Treadmill Desks
- Light Activity a Boost to Seniors' Hearts
- Health Tip: Exercising as a Senior
- More Evidence That Even 'Moderate' Exercise Helps Women's Hearts
- Health Tip: Vary Your Exercise Regimen
- Motorized Stationary Bike May Help With Stroke Rehabilitation
- Yoga Gaining in Popularity Among Americans
- Health Tip: Enjoying Indoor Racquet Sports
- Health Tip: Work Out at Home
- Women Use More Oxygen for Breathing
- When It Comes to Jogging, Easy Does It, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Get the Most from Exercise
- Muscle Weakness Affects 1 in 5 Americans Over 80
- Prolonged High Cholesterol in Middle Age Raises Heart Risk Later: Study
- Exercise May Tone Up Women's Bodies and Minds
- Looking to Boost Your Exercise Level? Here Are Some Helpful Tips
- Most Americans Have Access to 'Exercise Opportunities,' Study Finds
- Health Tip: Exercise Safely
- Realistic Targets May Boost Exercise Rates, Experts Say
- Health Tip: Eat a Pre-Workout Snack
- Health Tip: Get Fit Without the Gym
- Health Tip: When Obesity Affects Sleep
- Want to Get Healthy? Get Your Partner Involved
- Too Much Sitting Can Be Deadly -- Even if You Exercise, Review Finds
- Walking Group a Step Toward Better Health, Researchers Say
- For Pastors, It's Easy to Pack on the Pounds
- Lack of Exercise More Deadly Than Obesity, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Turning Off the TV
- Health Tip: Developing Healthy Habits in Children
- Health Tip: Exercising With a Lung Condition
- The Mind May Be a Muscle Booster
- More Than 1 in 10 Use Daily Aspirin Inappropriately
- Cluster of Heart Risk Factors Tied to Uterine Cancer Risk
- Head Start Program Might Help Fight Childhood Obesity: Study
- Health Tip: Triggering Asthma Attacks
- Health Tip: Get Weight-Bearing Exercise
- Middle School Football Doesn't Seem to Cause Short-Term Brain Damage: Study
- Top Healthy Habits for Your Heart
- Drug for Bladder Problems May Help Control Weight, Too
- Health Tip: Don't Give up on Healthy Habits
- More Evidence That Healthy Living Works Wonders for Women's Hearts
- DASH Diet Is Tops Again, Fifth Year in a Row
- Exercise May Cut Fall Risk for Some Parkinson's Patients
- Health Tip: Don't Turn to Fad Diets to Drop Pounds
- Health Tip: Help Teens Set Healthy Resolutions
- Many Consumers Misled About Bogus Weight-Loss Supplements, Survey Says
- Keeping That Weight Loss Resolution
- For Anorexic Men, the Focus Is on Muscle
- 'Tis the Season to Overeat
- Do Americans Eat and Drink Too Much Sugar?
- Terrorism Fears May Shorten Your Life, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Soothe Sore Muscles
- Weight Training Key to Battling Belly Fat as You Age: Study
- Health Tip: Shopping for a Walking Shoe
- Health Tip: Finding Time for Fitness
- Health Tip: 12 Ways to a Healthier Holiday
- Male Ebola Survivors Should Use Condoms for at Least 3 Months, Experts Say
- Health Tip: Pack Essentials for Outdoor Exercise
- Exercise, Diet May Be Key to Beating a Common Irregular Heartbeat
- The Promise and Perils of Brain Training
- Playing Computer Games to Boost Aging Brains
- Progress Still Needed on 'Race Gap' in Older Americans' Health
- Poor Sperm Quality May Signal Health Issues, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Handle Emotions in a Healthy Way
- Health Tip: Get Active This Winter!
- Many Women Don't Lose Those Pregnancy Pounds, Study Finds
- Exercise After Weight-Loss Surgery Yields Added Health Gains
- Sleep Apnea May Lower Your Aerobic Fitness
- Better Diet, Exercise Can Prevent Diabetes in Both Sexes, Study Finds
- Testosterone May Not Deliver Victory for Athletes, Study Found
- Daily Physical Activity May Help Lower Parkinson's Risk
- Jogging May Help Seniors Walk Better
- Health Tip: Getting Active Indoors
- Exercise Might Not Help Some Type 2 Diabetics Control Their Blood Sugar
- Home Exercise Boosts Heart Patients' Frame of Mind
- Working Night Shift Slows Metabolism, Study Suggests
- Feeling 'Worn Out'? Your Heart May Pay the Price
- Calorie-Tracking Apps May Not Help You Lose Weight
- Exercise, Physical Therapy May Help Ease Pain of Arthritis
- Young Children, Energy Drinks a Dangerous Mix
- Weight Gain Doesn't Have to Be Part of Thanksgiving
- Health Tip: Commit to Losing Weight
- Acupuncture, Exercise May Ease Pain for Breast Cancer Patients
- Big-Name Diets All Work for a While, Review Found
- Protect Yourself in Icy Temperatures, Heavy Snow
- Doctor-Implanted Balloons in Stomach May Spur Weight Loss
- 'Longevity Gene' One Key to Long Life, Research Suggests
- 'Unconditional Regard' Buoys Kids' Self-Esteem
- Kidney, Urinary Birth Defects Tied to Obesity in Moms-to-Be
- Almost 1 in 5 Americans Plagued by Constant Pain, Survey Suggests
- Kids: An Rx for Menopause's Hot Flashes?
- Stroke Prevention Guidelines Emphasize Healthy Lifestyle
- Health Tip: Seniors Shouldn't See Exercise as a Chore
- Brief Interruption of Blood Supply to Limb Might Aid Heart Surgery: Study
- Dark Days Here for Folks With Seasonal Depression
- Special Cocoa Drink May Improve Age-Related Memory Loss
- Health Tip: Get Kids Outdoors
- Health Tip: When Your Child Needs to Lose Weight
- Health Tip: Coping With Chronic Pain
- Tall, Heavy 1-Year-Olds May Be at Risk for Obesity Later, Study Finds
- Teen Sisters Develop Ways to Measure Lung, Heart Damage
- Upbeat Walking Style Might Lift Your Mood
- Dads Face Guilt About Workouts, Just Like Moms Do
- More Evidence That Exercise May Help Fight Depression
- Healthy Lifestyle May Boost Breast Cancer Survival
- Health Tip: Know the Risk Factors for Osteoporosis
- Exercise May Not Ward Off Teen Depression
- Scoliosis: Daily Yoga Pose May Reduce Spinal Curve
- Health Tip: Strained Hamstring?
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices May Cut Women's Stroke Risk
- Sitting Around in Middle Age Doesn't Bode Well for Old Age
- Health Tip: Teach Kids to Live Healthier
- Health Tip: Reduce Your Risk of Exercise Injury
- U.S. Life Expectancy Hits Record High of Nearly 79 Years: CDC
- Mini-Strokes May Lead to PTSD, Study Finds
- Aerobic Exercise May Boost Quality of Life for Dialysis Patients
- Health Tip: Exercise With Weights
- Health Tip: Get Physical Activity
- Can Exercise Prevent Type 2 Diabetes? Your Genes May Be Key
- Stress Might Be Even More Unhealthy for the Obese
- Avoid the Fall Sports Injury Trap
- After-School Exercise Yields Brain Gains: Study
- Can All Work and No Play Make You Diabetic?
- Health Tip: Ward Off Stress
- Diabetes Rates Leveling Off in U.S.
- Drinking Alcohol More Common on Exercise Days
- Study: Healthy Lifestyle Behaviors May Prevent 80 Percent of Heart Attacks
- Health Tip: Get Fit With a Buddy
- Adults Over 45 Not Meeting U.S. Muscle Strengthening Guidelines, Study Says
- Health Tip: Losing Weight After Baby
- Blood Pressure Seems to Stay Lower Longer in Fitter Men
- Health Tip: Creating a Circuit Training Workout
- Walking, Biking to Work Seems to Have Mental Health Benefits
- Physical Activity May Boost School Performance, Especially for Boys
- Short Walks Can Offset Long Stretches of Sitting
- Weight Loss Surgery: Diabetes Cure?
- Exercise Might Curb His Nightly Trips to the Bathroom
- Water: Too Much of a Good Thing Can Be Deadly for Athletes
- Why Polyester Fails the B.O. Test After Exercise
- Health Tip: Starting a Walking Program
- Sit Less, Protect Your DNA and Live Longer?
- Daily Exercise May Halve Risk for Heart Failure, Study Says
- Health Tip: Looking for the Right Weight-Loss Plan?
- Is Breakfast Really Your Most Important Meal?
- Less Sleep in Teen Years Tied to More Pounds at 21
- Health Tip: Exercise While Watching Television
- Health Tip: Did You Bruise a Muscle?
- Playing Video Game May Boost MS Patients' Balance: Study
- Diet, Exercise Counseling Urged for Overweight Americans With Heart Risks
- With Kids in School, Parents Can Work Out
- Health Tip: Incorporating Flexibility Training
- Exercise May Guard Against Irregular Heartbeat in Older Women
- Want to Stay Slim? Leave the Car at Home
- Big Drop in U.S. Heart-Related Hospitalizations and Deaths, Study Finds
- Education Linked to Activity Levels During the Week
- Fitness May Boost Kids' Brainpower
- Exercise Helps Protect Black Women From Breast Cancer, Study Says
- Health Tip: Practice a Well-Balanced Exercise Program
- Study: Vigorous Exercise Seems Safe for Heart Transplant Recipients
- Employees Benefit From Natural Light, Study Finds
- For Heart Attack Survivors, More Exercise Isn't Always Better, Study Says
- Health Tip: Dressing for Fitness Success
- Health Tip: Brush Up on Nutrition for Back to School
- Exercise Cuts Breast Cancer Risk in Older Women, Study Finds
- Fitness May Help Ward Off Depression in Girls
- 1 in 4 U.S. Kids Underestimate Their Weight, Study Finds
- Make Kids' Weight Loss a Family Affair, Study Suggests
- Extra Exercise Could Help Depressed Smokers Quit: Study
- Heat Stroke a Greater Threat to Endurance Runners Than Heart Problems: Study
- Running Could Add 3 Years to Your Lifespan
- Health Tip: Encourage Kids to Exercise
- Healthy Habits May Slow Cellular Signs of Aging, Study Finds
- Human Brain Has Coping Mechanism for Dehydration
- Tonsillectomy for Sleep Apnea May Trigger Weight Gain
- Female Triathletes May Face Health Problems Such as Incontinence
- Gene Study Gives New Insight Into Puberty in Girls
- Parents of Obese Kids Often View Them as Healthy
- Many Obese U.S. Kids Think They're Thinner Than They Are
- Health Tip: Working Out at Work
- Health Tip: Take Kids for a Nature Walk
- 'Little League Shoulder' on the Rise
- Exercise May Help Counter Health Risks of Sedentary Lifestyle
- Health Tip: Considering High-Intensity Interval Training?
- Alzheimer's Rate Falling in the United States, Studies Show
- Make Exercise Fun, Eat Less Afterwards
- Staying Active May Help Prevent Dementia
- Exercising Moms-to-Be Have Less Chubby Babies, Study Finds
- Inactivity May Be Main Culprit in Obesity Epidemic: Study
- Will You Be Obese? Look at Your Sisters, Brothers
- Obesity May Raise Risk of COPD
- Many Obese Women Face Stigma Every Day, Study Finds
- Brisk Walking May Help Curb Parkinson's Symptoms
- Steroid Shots May Not Help Back Pain
- Aerobic/Strength Training Combo May Be Best Workout for Diabetics
- Bad Weather May Dampen Will to Exercise
- Prepare for Summer Sports to Avoid Injury
- Health Tip: Keep High Schoolers Safe During Sports
- Health Tip: Find a Healthy Balance Between Office and Home
- Injection Treatment No Help for Hamstring Injuries, Study Says
- Healthy Weight Loss May Bring Better Sleep, Brighter Mood
- Soccer Scores a Goal for Senior Fitness
- Study Ties Too Much Sitting to Risks for Certain Cancers
- Headaches During Sex More Common Than Thought, Expert Says
- Exercise May Spur More Varied Gut Microbes, Study Finds
- Could Fitter Kids Be Smarter Kids, Too?
- Blood Pressure History May Affect Brain Function in Old Age
- Fish, Exercise May Help Thwart Colon Cancer's Return: Study
- Health Tip: Help Keep Back Pain at Bay
- There's No 'Obesity Paradox' for Stroke, Study Finds
- Cynics at Higher Risk for Dementia? Yea, Right
- U.S. Teens' Cardiorespiratory Fitness Has Dropped in Last Decade: Report
- Health Tip: Caring for Foot Arthritis
- Exercise Linked to Improved Bladder Cancer Survival
- Exercise Aids in Stroke Recovery
- Health Tip: Avoiding College Weight Gain
- Experts Debate Value of Self-Exam for Testicular Cancer
- Walking Could Be Key Step Against Kidney Disease
- Health Tip: Exercise for Stress Relief
- Adults With Autism at Risk for Many Health Problems: Study
- There May Be Such a Thing as 'Too Much Exercise'
- Health Tip: Dealing With Shift Work Fatigue
- Fitness May Help Older Men With High Blood Pressure Live Longer
- Health Tip: Which SPF Do I Need?
- Implanted Device Lowers Blood Pressure in Rat Study
- Exercise Crucial for Women's Heart Health After 30, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Managing Arthritis-Related Fatigue
- 40 Isn't Too Old To Start Intensive Exercise, Study Finds
- Exercise Could Help Disabled People, But Too Few Are Active: CDC
- Sustained Workouts May Help Aging Hearts
- Could Energy Drinks Be Wrong Choice for Some Teens?
- Is Healthy Obesity a Myth?
- High-Fiber Diet May Aid Heart Attack Survivors
- Even Routine Housework May Help Stave Off Disability
- No Link Found Between Playing Football in Hot Weather, Concussion Risk
- Health Tip: Reducing Your Risk of Stress Fractures
- Health Tip: Why Am I Overweight?
- Health Tip: Running on a Trail
- Could More Coffee Lower Your Odds for Diabetes?
- For Many Men, Impotence Is Treatable Without Drugs
- Seniors Who Suffer Mental Declines May Face Earlier Death: Study
- Health Tip: Signs Your Child Has An Overuse Injury
- Athletic Trainers First Line of Treatment for Young Basketballers: Study
- Massage May Improve Blood Flow While Easing Muscle Soreness: Study
- How to Keep Your Fitness Goals on Track
- Nearly 10 Percent of U.S. Adults Now Have Diabetes: Study
- Obesity-Related Enzyme Targeted in Mouse Study
- Exercise May Curtail COPD Complications
- Specializing in One Sport as Child No Guarantee of Future Success
- Sitting Too Much May Harm Health
- Walking May Be Good Medicine for Kidney Patients
- Health Tip: Run Safely
- Too Much Running Tied to Shorter Lifespan, Studies Find
- Exercise in Youth Boosts Bone Strength Later: Study
- Space Travel Alters Shape of Human Heart, Study Reports
- Stronger Muscles May Mean Better Health for Kids
- Exercise Affects Men's, Women's Hearts Differently: Study
- Cholesterol Levels Spike During Winter Months, Study Finds
- Vitamin D Deficiency May Be Linked to Heart Disease
- Marathon Training Might Boost Heart Health
- Can Exercise and an Occasional Drink Boost Eye Health?
- Health Tip: Enjoying Warm Weather Fitness
- Basketball's Fitness Benefits a Sure Bet
- Daily Exercise Lowers Breast Cancer Risk: Study
- Saturated Fats: Bad, Not So Bad?
- More Muscles Linked to Longer Life, Research Suggests
- Gardening Might Give Kids a Fitness Boost
- After Hip Fracture, Home Exercise Program May Boost Recovery
- Health Tip: Practicing Pilates
- Health Tip: Pack the Right Sports Snacks
- Health Tip: Are You at Risk for an Exercise Injury?
- Health Tip: Exercise in Cold Weather
- Shivering, Like Exercise, May Help Boost Weight Loss
- Male Cancer Survivors May Live Longer If They Exercise
- Preemie Breathing Problems Might Linger in Adulthood
- Could Low-Fat Yogurt Help Ward Off Diabetes?
- Health Tip: Understand Your Risk of Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure in Young Adults Could Mean Heart Trouble in Middle Age
- Health Tip: Ice Skate Safely
- Health Tip: If You've Been Diagnosed With Pre-Diabetes
- Ready to Get in Shape? Ease Into Exercise, Experts Say
- Avoid Sports Injuries: Advice From an Olympic Doctor
- Health Tip: Practicing Guided Imagery
- Controlling Blood Pressure, Cholesterol May Not Boost Brain Health for Diabetics
- Male Cancer Survivors May Live Longer If They Exercise
- A Survival Guide for Winter's Threats
- Health Tip: Teens, Take Action to Become Healthier
- Stressed by Work-Life Balance? Just Exercise
- Hand Washing, Zinc May Ward Off Colds: Review
- Kids Bullied During Gym Class May Stop Exercising
- Yoga May Reduce Fatigue, Inflammation in Breast Cancer Survivors
- Type 2 Diabetes Is Often a Family Affair
- Could Turning Down the Thermostat Help You Lose Weight?
- Too Much Sitting May Raise Heart Failure Risk for Men
- Health Tip: Losing Weight? Reduce Your Risk of Gallstones
- Dissolving 'Scaffolds' Could Help Treat Leg Artery Disease
- Walk, But Stay Safe: Tips for Pedestrians
- Scientists Explore Effect of Exercise on Prostate Cancer Patients
- 'Sleep Hormone' Tied to Possible Lower Prostate Cancer Risk
- Media Focus on Obesity May Backfire for Some Women
- Health Tip: Take Precautions When Exercising
- Study Spots Growing Disparity in U.S. Teen Obesity Problem
- U.S. Panel Urges Diabetes Screening for All Pregnant Women
- Health Tip: Make Exercise Economical
- Ease Into a Workout Program to Prevent Injuries
- Health Tip: Don't Think of Exercise as a Chore
- Ease Up on Workouts to Aid Flu Recovery, Expert Says
- Health Tip: Performing Mind-Body Exercise
- A-Fib Doesn't Mean You're Banished to the Sidelines
- Living a Full Life, Irregular Heartbeat and All
- Just 1 in 4 U.S. Teens Gets Enough Exercise: Report
- Farxiga Approved for Type 2 Diabetes
- Ultramarathoners: How's Their Health?
- Chest Implant Might Help With Hard-to-Treat Sleep Apnea
- Fitness in Teen Years May Guard Against Heart Trouble Later
- Mediterranean Diet Alone May Lower Diabetes Risk
- DASH Diet Ranked Best Overall -- Once Again
- Avoiding Injury During Winter Sports
- Health Tip: Walk to Your Favorite Restaurant
- 'Low T' Therapy: Is It for Me?
- When Winter Fun Isn't So Fun
- The Best New Year's Resolutions Are Those You Can Keep
- Tips to Jump-Start Your New Year's Resolutions
- What Yoga Can and Can't Do for You
- Health Tip: Gear Up for Cold-Weather Exercise
- Take Talk of Weight Off the Holiday Menu
- Health Tip: When Sore Muscles Warrant a Call to the Doctor
- Tips for Safe Winter Workouts
- Acupuncture No Better Than 'Sham' Version in Breast-Cancer Drug Study
- Study: Black Women Lose Less Weight Than White Women on Same Diet
- Health Tip: Ready, Set, Ski!
- Health Tip: Enjoy a Healthy Holiday Gathering
- Health Tip: Stretch Safely
- Ear Acupuncture May Hold Promise for Weight Loss
- Health Tip: Have the Holiday Blues?
- Diabetes Drug Metformin Tied to Slight Weight Loss in Obese Kids
- Bones Benefit From Exercise After Breast Cancer, Study Finds
- Snow-Shoveling Health Tips as Winter Looms
- Working Out Might Help Counteract Holiday Eating Excess
- Bad Night's Sleep May Raise Blood Pressure in Kids
- Exercise Might Lift Libido in Women on Antidepressants
- Exercise Seems to Ease Parkinson's-Related Depression
- Avid Cellphone Use by College Kids Tied to Anxiety, Lower Grades
- Light Exercise Might Reduce Risk of Kidney Stones
- Exercise Might Ease Joint Pain Caused by Breast Cancer Drugs
- Distracted-Driving Deaths of Pedestrians, Cyclists Up in U.S., Study Finds
- Want to Stay Young? Start Moving
- FDA to Lift Restrictions on Diabetes Drug Avandia
- Study Compares Treatments for Arm Swelling Due to Breast Cancer
- Steady Sleep Schedule May Help Keep Weight Off
- FDA Warns of Heart Risks From Stress-Test Drugs
- Texting Your Way to Weight Loss
- PTSD Might Lead to Sizable Weight Gain in Women
- Sports for Teens Are Beneficial -- Up to a Point
- Kids Worldwide Getting Less Heart Fit, Research Shows
- Take Aspirin at Bedtime to Better Protect Your Heart, Study Suggests
- Men's Bigger Builds Need Bigger Noses
- Health Tip: Battling Bruxism
- Health Tip: When Your Child Is Overweight
- Drinking Milk as Teens Might Not Protect Men's Bones, Study Suggests
- Fitness Linked to Lower Heart Attack Risk in Heart Disease Patients
- Weight Loss Can Combat Irregular Heart Beat, Study Says
- Health Tip: Exercise Advice for Those With Diabetes
- Could Weight-Loss Surgery Help Slow Aging for Some?
- Even Football Heroes Can Be Laid Low by Depression
- New Cholesterol Drug Guidelines: Q&A
- Aerobics Might Boost Brain Health for Older Adults
- Soaring Prices, Not Demand, Behind Massive Hike in U.S. Health Spending
- Heart Experts Warn Against 'Crash' Diets
- New Guidelines May Widen Use of Statins
- Health Tip: Practicing Tai Chi
- Many Would Give Private Info to Health Insurers to Save Money
- Can 'Good' Cholesterol Protect Against MS?
- OxyElite Pro Dietary Supplements Recalled
- Health Tip: Make the Best of the Off Season
- Exercise May Help Breast Cancer Survivors Battle Bone Loss
- Exercise May Help Ease Depression in Teens: Study
- Estrogen After Menopause May Blunt Stress' Effects on Memory
- Exercise in Pregnancy May Boost Baby's Brain, Study Says
- Could Warmer Weather Hamper Brain Function in People With MS?
- Health Tip: Get Exercise Every Day
- Study Probes Why Exercise Leaves Women More Breathless Than Men
- Health Tip: Exercise to Help Prevent Osteoporosis
- As Clocks Turn Back on Sunday, Think About Better Sleep
- Romance Can Sour When Only One Partner Slims Down
- 10K Races in U.S. Attract New Breed of Runners
- Childhood Obesity Again Tied to Earlier Puberty in Girls
- Health Highlights: Oct. 31, 2013
- Can Marathons Temporarily Hurt the Heart?
- Activity, Brace May Ease Arthritis Pain
- Gardening, Housework May Help Boost Your Heart Health
- Balance Training Seems to Prevent Falls by Elderly
- Exercise May Make Life Better for Those With Arthritis
- Health Tip: Participating in Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Health Tip: Establish Healthy Bowel Habits
- Removable 'Gut Sleeve' Might Become a Future Weight-Loss Tool
- Just 12 Percent of Women Over 50 Are 'Satisfied' With Their Bodies
- Learning Challenging Skills Tied to Better Memory in Seniors
- Being Web-Savvy Tied to Better Health in Seniors: Study
- Weight-Loss Surgery Seems to Beat Diet and Exercise
- Health Tip: When Athletes Smoke
- Kids Who Exercise More May Get Better Grades
- Health Tip: Develop Healthy Habits at Any Age
- Social Networking Sites May Help Smokers Kick the Habit
- Ladies, Take 5 Steps to Avoid Osteoporosis
- Stress-Busting Tips From Experts
- One-Third of U.S. Adults Are Obese, CDC Says
- Small Efforts Can Boost Use of Public Parks
- Health Tip: Know the Signs of a Hip Strain
- Health Tip: Exercising After Breast Cancer
- IUD Won't Hurt Future Fertility, Study Contends
- Crohn's and Colitis May Be Tied to Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Exercise Might Boost Men's Sperm Counts, Study Finds
- Exercise May Lower Risk of Esophageal Cancer
- Yoga Fails to Cool Hot Flashes, But May Aid Sleep
- Even Minor Strokes May Take Years Off Life, Study Says
- Tom Hanks Has Type 2 Diabetes
- Docs Urged to Treat Unhealthy Habits Before Damage Is Done
- Poor Sleep Habits Linked With Chronic Diseases, Study Says
- Health Tip: Battling The Post-Baby Blues
- Daily Walk May Cut Your Breast Cancer Risk
- Health Tip: Exercise to Help Ease Stress
- More Evidence That Exercise Can Help Prevent High Blood Pressure
- Can Eating Peanut Butter Cut Breast Cancer Risk in Later Life?
- Teaching Sleep Tips to Parents Seems to Help Kids With Autism
- Health Tip: Exercising Despite Allergies and Asthma
- FDA Sets Rules for Smartphone Medical Apps
- Blood 'Marker' May Predict Diabetes Risk in Older Women
- Eating, Swallowing Exercises May Aid Throat Cancer Patients
- Incontinence Surgery Bests Physical Therapy in Trial
- 2 Questions May Reveal Seniors' Impending Decline, Study Says
- Healthy Lifestyle May Reverse Cellular Aging, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Help Your Teen Get Enough Sleep
- U.S. Teens Begin to Slim Down, Study Suggests
- Positive Attitude Linked to Longer Life in Heart Patients
- Obesity May Increase Migraine Odds
- Health Tip: Take a Water Exercise Class
- College Football Players Seem to Grow Bigger and Stronger, But Not Faster
- Nearly 60 Percent of Uterine Cancer Cases Preventable: Report
- Health Tip: Maintain Your Balance
- Vigorous Exercise May Lessen Young Men's Risk of Epilepsy
- Short Bouts of Brisk Exercise May Help Cut Obesity Risk
- Health Tip: Easing Muscle Soreness
- Brain Protein Is a Key to 'Senior Moments,' Study Finds
- 'Maintain, Don't Gain' May Work Best for Obese Black Women
- High Cholesterol May Be Particularly Bad for Middle-Aged Men
- Move More to Control Weight Gain During Pregnancy: Study
- Kidney Disease Patients Can Benefit From Exercise: Study
- Taking a Bath After a Workout? Hold the Ice, Researchers Say
- Health Tip: Find the Best Time to Exercise
- Health Tip: Wear Protective Gear When Skateboarding or Skating
- HIV Patients Get a Mental Lift From Exercise, Study Finds
- One Exercise Session Won't Bring a Good Night's Sleep
- Health Tip: Prepare for Hiking
- Fitness Club Best Place for Cardiac Arrest Survival: Study
- Health Tip: Frame of Mind Key to Losing Weight
- Q&A: Were You Born to Be Obese?
- 'Retail Therapy' Might Not Be So Bad After All
- Health Tip: If You're a Vegetarian Athlete
- Health Tip: When Alzheimer's Affects Sleep
- Red Wine Supplement May Block Benefits of Exercise in Older Men
- Breathalyzer Device Tells You When Your Workout Is Burning Fat
- For Seniors, Unhealthy Living May Lead to Disability
- Skipping Breakfast a Recipe for Heart Disease, Study Finds
- Weight Loss May Help Thwart Diabetes
- Living Long and Healthy After 65 Depends on State: CDC
- Regular, Vigorous Exercise May Lower Your Stroke Risk
- Health Tip: Use Resistance Tubing Safely
- Health Tip: Don't Despair About Your Pregnant Body
- Your Smartphone May Be Making You Fat
- More U.S. Kids May Be at Risk for High Blood Pressure
- With Weekly Exercise, Time Trumps Frequency
- Putting Off Retirement May Help Stave Off Alzheimer's
- Exercise Up in U.S., But So Is Obesity: Report
- Most Statin Users Won't Have Major Side Effects
- Singing Together Fosters Harmonious Hearts
- Health Tip: If You're Inline Skating
- Women With Lupus Seem at Higher Risk for Hip Fractures
- Health Tip: Protect Against Osteoporosis
- Suicide Rate Higher for Adults Who Were Out-of-Shape as Teens: Study
- Home Treadmills May Help People With Poor Leg Circulation
- New 'Active' Video Games May Give Kids More Exercise
- Heed the Heat During Summer Workouts
- Can Hi-Tech Avatars Promote Real-Life Weight Loss?
- As Cheerleading Evolves, Injuries Mount
- Health Tip: Running in Hot Weather
- Many Kids Missing Out on Healthy Lifestyle
- Diet-Exercise Combo Doesn't Cut Heart Risks in Type 2 Diabetes Patients
- Health Tip: Get Active!
- Exercise Alone May Help Those With Type 2 Diabetes
- Mind Over Diet?
- Take Safety Measures Before Letting Kids in the Pool
- Health Tip: Remind Men to Focus on Health
- Health Tip: At Greater Risk for Obesity?
- Short Strolls After Meals May Lower Diabetes Risk
- Pedometers Can Keep You Moving
- Health Tip: Prepare for a Camping Trip
- Health Tip: Keep Kids Active During Summer Break
- Men in Red: Higher Testosterone Levels, Study Finds
- Smartphone Apps Can Make Workouts More Fun
- Statins May Hamper Workout Results
- U.S. School Kids Should Get Hour of Exercise Daily: Report
- Health Tip: Pack the Right Equipment for Running Trails
- Americans Still Making Unhealthy Choices: CDC
- Sports May Be OK With Defibrillator, Study Says
- Health Tip: Run Smart, Run Safe
- Get Fit in Middle Age to Cut Heart Failure Risk, Study Says
- Fitness in Middle Age May Help Shield Men From Cancer Later
- Health Tip: Exercise With Allergies and Asthma
- Erectile Dysfunction Tied to Long-Term Narcotic Use in Men
- Exercise May Ease Pain of Fibromyalgia, Study Suggests
- More Time in Gym Class Equals Stronger Kids
- Just How Might Exercise Lower Breast Cancer Risk?
- Exercise May Lower Older Women's Risk for Kidney Stones
- Centenarians a Happy Lot, Survey Says
- Health Tip: Support Your Back While Sitting
- Health Tip: After a Stressful Event
- Most Americans Oppose Soda, Candy Taxes
- Knowing Time Needed to Walk Off Calories May Curb Appetite
- Exercise, Alternative Therapies May Help Lower Blood Pressure
- Health Tip: Ready to Run?
- Community Gardening May Reap Body Weight Benefit
- Tackling Diet, Exercise Together Produces Best Results: Study
- Hard Physical Labor May Boost Risk of Heart Disease, Stroke: Studies
- Health Tip: Resolve to Meet Your Exercise Goals
- Health Tip: Strengthen Your Bones
- Ultrasound Waves, Bone Marrow Cells Show Promise in Heart Failure Patients
- Exercise May Blunt Heavy Drinking's Effect on Brain
- Exercise May Help People With Alzheimer's Avoid Nursing Homes
- Higher Heart Rate Tied to Earlier Death, Even in Fit People
- To Stop Smoking, Teens Should Start Moving
- Breathing Problem Sometimes Misdiagnosed in Athletes
- Household Chores May Ease Nighttime Menopausal Symptoms
- Mental Exercise May Help Keep Seniors Sharp
- New Clues to How Exercise May Reduce Breast Cancer Risk
- Health Tip: Keep Food Cravings at Bay at the Office
- Want to Lose Weight? Then Run, Don't Walk: Study
- Expert Pitches Safety Tips for Young Baseball Players
- Frequent Eating in Kids Tied to Less Weight Gain
- Brisk Walking Equals Running for Heart Health: Study
- Health Tip: Don't Ignore Pain During Exercise
- Cartilage Gives Early Warning of Arthritis, Study Finds
- Heart Risks May Also Point to Dementia Risk
- Health Tip: Take a Hike -- In the Right Shoes
- 'Bigorexics' Want to Boost Their Masculinity
- Health Tip: Alcohol Can Affect Your Athletic Performance
- Health Tip: Kids Keeping You From Exercising?
- Physically Fit Docs More Likely to Prescribe Exercise, Study Finds
- Fit Kids May Dodge Fractures in Old Age
- Health Tip: Stretch Before and After Exercise
- Health Tip: Enjoy Safe Exercise During Pregnancy
- Health Tip: Avoid Too Much Activity Before Bedtime
- Health Tip: Work Your Muscles While Gardening
- Health Tip: Practice Winter Sports Safety
- Health Tip: Stay Fit When Traveling
- Health Tip: Teach Kids to Prevent Overuse Injuries
- Walking Program Helps Stroke Survivors Get On With Life
- Health Tip: Teach Kids In-Line Skating Safety
- Short-Term Exercise Might Boost Young People's Self-Control
- Health Tip: Invest in Protective Eyewear for Sports
- Exercise Leads to Better Sleep: Poll
- Resilient Personality May Bring Better Aerobic Health
- When Kids Exercise More, Their Grades Might Rise Too
- Soccer Kicks Up Activity Level of Overweight Kids: Study
- Health Tip: Work Out at the Right Speed for You
- New Soccer Goal: Lowering Blood Pressure
- Exercise Safety Tips for People With Heart Disease
- Cold and Flu Sufferers Should Ease Back Into Fitness Routine
- Fitness Experts Dispel Common Exercise Myths
- Health Tip: Using a Stability Ball
- Everyday Activities May Have Same Health Benefits as Going to Gym
- Tai Chi Might Help Stroke Survivors Avoid Falls
- Health Tip: Keep Active by Walking
- Exercising at Midlife May Stave Off Dementia Down the Road
- Study Shows Weight-Loss Myths Abound
- Constipation Treatments Not Equally Effective: Review
- Obese Women With Diabetes May Need Different Workouts Than Men
- Can Brightly Colored Fruits, Veggies Protect Against ALS?
- Common Painkillers Tied to Kidney Risks for Children: Study
- Migraine Triggers May Not Always Trigger Migraines
- One Path to Fitter Kids: More P.E. at School
- Health Tip: Get Fit During Your Commute
- Alcohol and a Good Night's Sleep Don't Mix
- Winter Sports Safety: Preparation Is Key
- Phys Ed Requirements Disappearing at 4-Year Colleges
- Snowboarding Tops List of Winter-Sports Injuries
- Health Tip: Exercising After Baby is Born
- Active Video Games May Boost Fitness in Younger Students
- DASH Diet Ranked Best Overall -- See What's Second
- Keeping Cold-Weather Exercise Fresh, Not Frozen
- Which Diet Plans Are Most Popular? Dieters Choose
- For Texas Man, Bariatric Surgery Led to Diabetes-Free Life
- Weight-Lifting May Boost Heart Health in Black Men: Study
- Debate Heats Up Over Screening Athletes for Sickle Cell Trait
- Cancer-Related Fatigue Often Overlooked, Study Finds
- Drug May Help Women Who Quit Smoking Avoid Weight Gain
- Health Tip: Avoid Beginners' Workout Injuries
- Many Primary-Care Doctors Want Help Treating Obesity
- New Diabetes Guidelines May Lower Patient Medical Bills
- Overweight? You Can Scale Back Weight Gain in Pregnancy
- Hair Concerns May Discourage Exercise for Some Black Women
- Aerobic Exercise Seems Best for Weight, Fat Loss
- Winter Weather, Snow Shoveling Pose Heart Risks
- Health Tip: Balance Holiday Buffets With More Exercise
- Olympic Medalists Live Longer
- Hiking in Nature May Boost Creativity
- Regular Exercise May Add Years to Life, Study Finds
- Health Tip: If You've Got Knee Arthritis
- Painkillers Before Exercise May Be Bad for the Gut
- Health Tip: Stay Active After a Heart Attack
- Healthy Diet May Prevent Additional Heart Trouble
- Study: Cystic Fibrosis Patients Struggle to Exercise
- To Get More Fit, Find a Stronger Workout Partner
- Steroid Injections for Back Pain May Lower Bone Mass
- Helmets Do Save Lives on the Slopes, Research Shows
- Health Tip: Get Heart Healthy
- Even Women Who Exercise Sit Too Much
- Statins Plus Exercise Best at Lowering Cholesterol, Study Finds
- Sharp Rise in Kids' Injuries in 'Bouncy Castles'
- Too Much or Too Little Activity Can Spur Knee Problems
- Alzheimer's May Progress Differently in Women, Men
- Upbeat View on Old Age May Help Seniors Bounce Back From Disability
- Weak Muscles in Teen Years Linked to Early Death in Men
- Supplement Use Widespread Among Americans
- Unemployment Takes Toll on the Heart
- Does Air Pollution Hurt Memory of Older Adults?
- Health Tip: Fuel Your Body for Resistance Training
- Muscle-Building Teens May Go to Extremes, Study Finds
- Regular Exercise May Help Seniors Stave Off Heart Failure
- Health Tip: Seniors on the Move
- Can Playing Soccer Lead to Brain Damage?
- Health Tip: Keep Your Joints Healthier
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Trampoline Injuries
- Too Much Sitting Linked to Fat Buildup Around the Heart
- Health Tip: Get Fit This Fall
- Losing Weight May Improve Sleep Quality
- Walk Your Way to a Longer Life, Study Says
- All Kinds of Exercise May Be Good for Parkinson's
- Gene-Tweaked Tomatoes, Probiotics Aim to Lower Your Cholesterol
- Losing Weight May Lower Cardiac Risks
- For Kids, Eating Out = More Calories
- Exercise Can Help Knee Pain if You Stick With It
- Health Tip: Exercise Isn't Always Expensive
- Health Tip: Keep Your Kidneys Healthy
- Obese Children Struggle With Joint Pain: Study
- With Diabetes, Boosting Exercise Should Be Done Safely
- Physical Activity Boosts Brain Health
- Water Workouts a Great Alternative: Study
- Health Tip: Exercising With Diabetes
- 'The Biggest Loser' May Sour Viewers on Exercise, Study Finds
- Fast-Food Breakfast Sandwiches May Slow Down Blood Flow: Study
- Top 10 Fitness Trends Picked for 2013
- Right Amount of Exercise Can Boost Mental Health: Study
- Study IDs 4 Key Habits of Successful Aging
- Short Bursts of Intense Exercise Can Fight Weight Gain: Study
- Exercise Boosts School Performance for Kids With ADHD: Study
- Health Tip: Enjoy a Healthier Halloween
- Health Tip: Exercise for People Who Have Had Breast Cancer
- Cheerleading Needs Safety Guidelines, Pediatricians Say
- Exercise Protects Aging Brains Better
- Exercise May Delay Early Aging of People With Diabetes
- Diet/Exercise Combo Best, 'Biggest Loser' Study Says
- Health Tip: Encourage Your Family to Exercise
- Healthy Lifestyle Boosts Survival Odds for Older Women With Cancer
- Multivitamins May Help Prevent Cancer
- Big, Rapid Gains Made in Human Lifespan: Study
- 'Believing' Propels Cancer Survivors to Exercise, Study Finds
- 'Meatless Monday' May Mean More Fruits, Veggies
- Interval Training Burns More Calories in Less Time
- Health Tip: Beat Boredom
- Sitting Can Harm Health, Even for Those Who Exercise
- A Little Bit of Extra Sleep Pays Off Big for Kids
- Diet, Exercise May Boost 'Good' Cholesterol, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Choosing the Right Running Shoes
- Health Tip: Exercising in Cold Weather
- Consistent Criteria for Sports Concussion Might Aid Diagnosis
- Fruits Plus Vegetables Equals Happiness?
- Kids With Hemophilia Should Be Active, But Avoid Risky Sports: Study
- Fast Walking May Slash at Heart Disease, Diabetes
- 'Junk Food' May Significantly Hike Risk of Stroke, Researchers Say
- Exercise Improves Effects of Stroke: Study
- Diabetes Patients Should Have More Voice in Treatment: Experts
- Poor Sleep in Teen Years Linked to Heart Risks in Adulthood
- Health Tip: Gear Up for Safe Soccer
- Health Tip: Warm Up Before You Work Out
- Exercise Programs for Kids Seem to Have Little Impact: Study
- Working Out Cuts Women's Appetite, Study Finds
- Active Video Games Have Exercise-Like Effects in Kids: Study
- Health Tip: Exercise to Combat Stress
- Positive Outlook Boosts Likelihood of Healthier Lifestyle
- Health Tip: Kids on the Run
- Simple Tip May Ease Athletes' Performance Anxiety
- Aerobic Exercise Cuts Kids' Diabetes Risk: Study
- Blacks Less Likely to Stick to High Blood Pressure Diet: Study
- Exercise May Prevent Stress and Anxiety, Study Suggests
- Cancer Now Top Cause of Death for U.S. Hispanics
- Putting Your Mental Health in Order
- Details: New Presidential Youth Fitness Program
- Health Tip: Use a Stability Ball
- Exercise Does Boost Teens' Health, Study Finds
- Experts Offer Tips to Help Keep Fall Sports Injury Free
- Water or Sports Drink?
- NFL Players at Higher Risk of Brain Diseases
- Marathons Safe for Aging Boomers, Study Finds
- Few Doctors Discuss Exercise With Cancer Patients: Study
- Survival More Likely With Exercise-Related Cardiac Arrest: Study
- Health Tip: Do You Have Plantar Fasciitis?
- Less Is More With Exercise, Study Says
- Keys to Weight Loss After Menopause
- Couch-Potato Kids Are Top U.S. Child Health Problem: Poll
- 30 Minutes of Daily Exercise Enough to Shed Pounds
- Health Tip: Wanna Dance?
- 'Yo-Yo' Dieting Won't Harm Long-Term Weight Loss Efforts
- Health Tip: Are You Overtraining?
- Health Tip: Get Baby Moving
- A Few Hours of Weekly Exercise May Help Women's Bones
- More Evidence That Exercise in Middle Age Boosts Health
- Expert Tips for Summer Sports Safety
- Safety Eyewear Can Prevent Sports Injuries in Kids
- 'Exergames' Can Help Inactive Folks Get Moving: Study
- Tai Chi Benefits People With COPD
- Too Much Travel May Be Tough on Olympians
- More Americans Walking, But Still Not Enough, CDC Says
- Health Tip: Diabetes Isn't a Ticket to Inactivity
- Health Tip: Jumping Rope for Exercise
- Balance, Strength Training Reduce Falls for Elderly, Study Finds
- More Evidence That Exercise Helps Fight Diabetes
- Health Tip: Maintain Your Ideal Weight
- Drug May Slow Memory Loss in Early Alzheimer's
- Race-Day Diet Can Make or Break a Competitive Cyclist
- Living Without Lies Might Make You Healthier
- Health Tip: Focus on Healthy Aging
- When Parents Get Active, So Do Kids: Study
- Exercise May Fight Depression in Heart Failure
- Health Tip: Hiking or Running on a Trail
- Ryan Lochte's Olympics Training Includes Beer Kegs
- Weight Control Can Cut Women's Diabetes Risk, Study Shows
- Experts Offer Tips to Cut Kids' Screen Time During Summer
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Malnutrition in Seniors
- Why Johnny Can't Run
- The Care and Feeding of Olympic Athletes
- Heart Attack, Stroke More Common in Shift Workers
- Yoga Improves Balance After Stroke
- Nothing Natural About Dietary Supplement DMAA: Study
- Body Language of Triumph Will Be on Display at Olympics
- Could Gene Doping Be Part of Future Olympics?
- Need to Get Walking More? Clip on a Pedometer
- Health Tip: Work Out at the Right Intensity
- London Smog May Be Tough on Olympians
- Health Tip: Do You Need a Day Off From Exercise?
- Physical Inactivity May Be as Deadly as Smoking
- Big Babies May Boost Mom's Breast Cancer Risk
- Doping With Muscle-Building Drugs: FAQ
- Exercise Can Shield the Aging Brain, Studies Show
- Playing Multiple Sports Helps Beat Teen Obesity
- Common Hip Disorder May Raise Risk for Sports Hernia
- Exercise, Meditation Can Beat Back Cold, Flu, Study Finds
- Kids' Track Injuries Surge in US
- Health Tip: Be a Safe Biker
- Sitting Too Much May Shave Years Off of Our Lives
- Health Tip: Help Kids Have an Active Summer
- Parents Key to Whether Kids Get Enough Exercise, Studies Find
- Exercise Might Keep Menopausal Hot Flashes at Bay
- Maintain Heart Health During Summer
- Exercise Program Boosts Health After Lung Transplant: Study
- Health Tip: Stay Healthier as You Age
- Task Force to Doctors: Obesity Screening for All
- Statins May Work Better in Men Than in Women
- Exercise Won't Affect Breast Milk, Baby's Growth: Study
- Young Men Taking HIV Meds May Be at Risk for Bone Loss
- Health Tip: Help Avoid a Lupus Flare
- Even Moderate Exercise Might Cut Breast Cancer Risk: Study
- Better Health Screening Urged for Female College Athletes
- Active, Outdoor Teens Are Happier Teens: Study
- Health Tip: Warm Up Before You Exercise
- Health Tip: Make Exercise a Social Activity
- Health Tip: Focus on a Healthy Family
- Study: Statins May Be Linked to Fatigue
- Most 'Extreme Preemies' Grow Into Happy, Healthy Teens
- Exercise Appears to Ease Nerve-Damage Pain in Rat Study
- Exercise Controls Weight in White Girls Better Than in Black Girls: Study
- Runners May Live Longer
- Health Tip: Work Out in Water
- Can Too Much Exercise Be Harmful?
- Young Girls, Boys Can Compete on Equal Level
- Healthy Diet, Exercise Extend Life for Women in Their 70s: Study
- Competitive Sports May Boost Heart Function After Breast Cancer
- Too Much Screen Time May Harm Kids' Fitness
- Barefoot Running Can Be Great, but Tread Carefully
- Health Tip: Exercise Can Help Manage Menopause
- Serious Exercise May Benefit Middle-Aged Arteries
- Optimism, Laughter May Bring Long Life
- 'Nordic Walking' a Winner for Heart Failure Patients, Study Says
- Health Tip: Stay Safe at the Playground
- Health Tip: Eat Right During Menopause
- Exercise, Vitamin D Can Lower Fall Risk in Elderly
- Cash Helps People Make Healthy Lifestyle Changes
- Health Tip: Keep Off the Weight You've Lost
- Friends Influence How Active Kids Are
- Health Tip: Walk at Work
- Yoga May Improve Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Drinking Red Wine Is Good for Gut Bacteria
- Vigorous Exercise Might Protect Against Psoriasis
- Dieting May Lower Hormone Levels Tied to Breast Cancer
- Vigorous Exercise Might Keep Psoriasis at Bay
- Health Tip: Take a Walk!
- Fees Lead Some Kids to Skip After-School Sports: Survey
- Health Tip: Use Proper Form When Running
- 'Bad' Fat May Hurt Brain Function Over Time
- Athletes Really Do Play Through the Pain
- For Some Athletes, Head Blows May Hamper Learning
- Are Post-Angioplasty Stress Tests Unnecessary?
- Fitness Fights High Blood Pressure, Even With Family History
- Health Tip: When Physical Therapy Ends
- Education Is Key to Health: Report
- Some Sports May Help Protect Men's Bones
- Health Tip: Exercising in the Heat
- Fitness Fights High Blood Pressure Genes
- Acupuncture May Be Worth a Shot for COPD
- Shape Up, Safely, for Summer
- With Weights, You Can Lighten Your Load
- Fitness in Middle Age Lowers Medical Costs Later: Study
- Many Pregnant Women Fear Exercising
- Evolution May Explain 'Runner's High,' Study Says
- Exercise May Boost Survival in Breast, Colon Cancer Patients
- Can Testosterone Therapy Help Obese Men Lose Weight?
- New Weight Loss Plan for U.S. Obesity Crisis
- Exercise Can Help Fight Heart Failure
- In Mom's Eyes, Overweight Toddler May Not Be
- Health Tip: When Gardening Triggers Back Pain
- Longer Commutes Can Put Us on Road to Poor Health
- City Bike-Share Riders Seldom Wear Helmets
- Research May Point to New Obesity Treatments
- Positive Thinking, Persistence Pay Off in Job Search: Study
- Joggers Live Longer, Study Says
- Health Tip: Make TV Time Exercise Time
- Exercise Plus Computer Time May Boost Seniors' Brains
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Back Pain
- Hot Weather's Return Brings Ozone Warnings
- Health Tip: Don't Forget Aerobic Exercise
- Losing Weight May Help Lower Cancer Risk
- Leisurely Strolls More Popular, Yet Walk Times Shorter: CDC
- For a Healthy Aging Brain, 'Use It or Lose It'
- High Reps With Low Weights Builds Muscle, Too
- Two-Drug Therapy Helped Kids With Type 2 Diabetes
- 1/3 With Arthritis Report Anxiety or Depression
- Some Schools Don't Let Kids Carry Asthma Inhalers
- New Guidelines Link Lifestyle to Cancer Survival
- Berries May Slow Memory Loss
- Many First-Graders Shun Overweight, Obese Kids
- Survey: 1 in 3 Kids Hurt Playing Sports
- Pick Dark Chocolate for Health Benefits
- Strength Training May Give Boost to Seniors' Brains
- Glaucoma Need Not Steal Sight, Experts Say
- Extra Vitamin C May Help Lower Blood Pressure
- Depression Linked to Peripheral Artery Disease
- Health Tip: Overcoming Obstacles to Exercise
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices Could Cut Cancer Rates: Report
- Study Pinpoints New Abnormality in 'Athlete's Heart'
- Exercise May Help Patients With High Blood Pressure Live Longer
- Health Tip: Consider Kickboxing
- 'Catastrophic' Head Injuries to High School Football Players Rising
- Any Exercise May Cut Alzheimer's Risk at Any Age
- More Smog Might Mean More Hospitalizations
- Male Hormone May Help Heart Failure Patients
- Women Less Apt Than Men to Get Recommended Daily Exercise
- Exercise Benefits Breast Cancer Patients
- Health Tip: Seniors, Boost Your Balance
- Short Walks May Ease Fatigue in Pancreatic Cancer Patients
- Health Tip: Know Your Risk Factors for Atherosclerosis
- Want to Lose Weight? Skip Trendy Diets
- Make Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Remember This: Exercise Boosts Your Brainpower
- Overuse Injuries Common Among Female College Athletes
- Dumb Jocks? Not if They're Good at the Game
- Many Medical Tests, Procedures Not Always Needed
- Many Preschoolers Not Getting Enough Outdoor Play
- Some Americans Are Not Getting Essential Nutrients
- Heart Screenings Yield More False-Positives Among Black Athletes
- Have Diabetes? Lifestyle Changes May Help Mobility
- Health Tip: Get Ready for Your Marathon
- Uncomfortable on Bike? Check Handlebars
- Health Tip: Why You Need Aerobic Exercise
- Which Doctors Are Happiest? Healthiest?
- Exercise May Trigger Orgasm in Some Women
- Too Few Keep Heart-Healthy Habits
- Varicose Veins Keep Some in Long Pants All Year
- Electronic Diary Helped Obese Adults Stick to Weight-Loss Plan
- Bike Trail in Poorer Neighborhood Boosts Exercise
- Brisk Daily Walk Could Counter 'Obesity Genes'
- Too Much Exercise Delays Pregnancy in Normal-Weight Women: Study
- Heat-Related Deaths on Rise for High School Football Players
- Cool Hands May Help People Exercise Longer
- Exercise Might Boost Kids' Academic Ability
- Survey Shows People Have Little Time for Healthy Habits
- Health Tip: The Right Diet Can Boost Athletic Performance
- Health Tip: Skip TV and Get Active
- Health Tip: Choosing the Right Athletic Shoes
- For Sleep Struggles, Women Urged to Alter Routines
- Cold Air May Raise Heart-Attack Risk During Exercise
- Wanted: Female Nurses for Large, Ongoing Study
- Weight-Loss Surgery Seems Safe for Kidney Disease Patients
- Health Tip: Living With Restless Legs Syndrome
- Family Tree May Aid Treatment of Inherited Heart Disorders
- Top 5 Happiest States in the U.S.
- Sleeping Pills Called 'as Risky as Cigarettes'
- Desk Jockeys Urged to Take Small Steps to Get Exercise
- Size, Experience Matter on Rugby Field, Study Finds
- Experimental Drug Shows Promise Against Type 2 Diabetes
- Health Tip: Protect Your Feet From Fungal Infection
- As Youth Baseball Season Nears, Experts Urge Injury Prevention
- Active Video Games May Not Get Kids More Active
- Health Tip: Seniors Need Exercise, Too
- Health Tip: Exercising During Pregnancy
- Aspirin as Good as Plavix for Poor Leg Circulation: Study
- Exercise in Pregnancy Safe for Baby, Study Finds
- Female Cancer Survivors Report Worse Health Habits: Survey
- Health Tip: Set Exercise Goals
- Treatment Advances Improve the Odds for Heart Failure Patients
- Exercise Can Build Young Adults' Bones, Study Finds
- Weight Training Improves Parkinson's Symptoms
- E. Coli in Chicken Linked to Urinary Tract Infections
- Millions of Women Are Unaware They Have Arterial Disease
- Ice Baths for Sore Muscles Can Work
- Study: Even Some Vigorous Activity Boosts Kids' Heart Health
- Exercise a Defense Against Dementia: Study
- No Cancer Benefit From Vitamin B, Omega-3 Supplements in Heart Patients
- Scarred Hearts Healed After Heart Attack
- Brain Development Harmed in Mistreated Kids
- Overeating May Raise Risk for Memory Problems
- Heart Disease May Be Risk Factor for Prostate Cancer
- More Patients Seek Plastic Surgery Advice From Facebook, Twitter
- Short Breaks During Exercise OK for Diabetes Control: Study
- CDC: Doctors Increasingly Prescribe Exercise
- Tai Chi Improves Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease
- Health Tip: Before You Start an Exercise Program
- Playing Sports May Help Keep Kids From Smoking
- Metformin Preferred Drug for Type 2 Diabetes, Experts Say
- Even for the Overweight, Exercise Helps the Heart
- Health Highlights: Feb. 3, 2012
- Soy Supplements May Not Shield Against Breast Cancer
- Being Fit Before Stroke May Aid Recovery
- 1 in 2 Stroke Survivors Has High Blood Pressure
- Health Tip: Help Prevent a Stress Fracture
- Sunny Skies Linked to Lower Stroke Risk
- Signs of Alzheimer's May Show Up Years Before Symptoms
- Massage May Help Sore Muscles Recover
- Fatty Diet Before Pregnancy Linked to Gestational Diabetes
- Exercise a Good Pick-Me-Up After Cancer Treatment: Study
- Chubby Doctors Could Be Bad for Your Health
- Statins Equally Effective in Women and Men
- Mathematical Model Suggests When to Shoot in Basketball
- Winter Doldrums Got You Down? Here's How to Bounce Back
- Weekly Shot Gets FDA Nod for Type 2 Diabetes
- Health Tip: Preparing for a Stress Test
- Health Highlights: Jan. 25, 2012
- Lifestyle Counseling Helps Diabetes Patients Control Blood Sugar
- Too Many Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Inactive, Study Finds
- Too Much Overtime May Raise Depression Risk
- Steady Diet of Mental Stimulation Might Reduce Alzheimer's Risk
- Health Tip: Exercise for Healthier Bones
- Fiber May Not Prevent Diverticular Disease
- Involving Family May Help Overweight Kids Change Habits
- Breast Cancer Before 50 Linked to More Distress
- Protect Yourself From Ski-Fatigue Injuries
- Even Mild Dehydration May Cause Emotional, Physical Problems
- Health Tip: Stick With Your Healthy New Year's Resolutions
- Sex OK for Many Heart Patients, Docs Say
- AHA: Sex Safe for Most Heart Patients
- Does 'The Biggest Loser' Hurt or Help Obese People?
- High-Normal Blood Pressure Raises Heart Risks in Men
- Exercise, Talk Therapy by Phone May Help Relieve Fibromyalgia Pain
- Aspirin Therapy for Heart Disease, Stroke Prevention Not for Everyone
- U.S. Diabetes Prevention Program Might Avert 885,000 Cases
- Covering Gym Fees Might Be Money Saver for Medicare
- Cardiac Arrest Risk Low in Marathons, Study Finds
- Car, TV Ownership Tied to Higher Risk for Heart Attack
- Exercise May Help Those at Higher Risk for Alzheimer's: Study
- Safety Tips for Cold-Weather Exercise
- Exercise Boosts Kids' Academic Performance
- Study: Preschools Forgo Free Play for Safety, Academics
- Persistence Is Key to Losing Weight and Keeping It Off
- Lots of Exercise May Boost Kids' Grades
- Spinal Manipulation, Home Exercise May Ease Neck Pain
- Fun Ways to Include Kids in Fitness Resolutions
- Health Tip: Exercising With Arthritis
- Is American Medicine Too Test Happy?
- How to Make Your Quit-Smoking Resolution Stick
- Obesity Linked to Poor Mother-Toddler Bond
- Get a Head Start on 2012 Fitness Resolutions
- Teens Become Less Active as They Enter Adulthood
- Scientists Ponder Santa's High-Tech Secrets
- Health Tip: Improving Your Cholesterol
- Knee Arthritis: Very Low-Calorie Diet May Help
- Screening Alone Not Enough to Prevent Sudden Death in College Athletes
- 40 Years On, the Triumphs and Challenges of America's 'War on Cancer'
- Increase in Resting Heart Rate Over Time Linked to Heart Disease Death
- Discerning Gift-Givers Look for Toys That Offer More Than Fun
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Exercise Injury
- Brief, Intense Exercise Lowers Blood Sugar, Small Study Finds
- Calorie Info Helps Teens Choose Water Over Sugary Drinks
- Health Tip: Participating in Winter Sports
- Men Who Step Lively May Outpace Grim Reaper
- U.S. Heart Health: Lots of Room for Improvement
- Health Tip: Find Time for You
- Health Tip: Help Protect Against Blood Clots
- For Older Runners, the Message Is: Keep Those Legs Pumping
- Health Tip: How to Ease Leg Cramps During Pregnancy
- More Americans Exercise, but Arthritis Can Get in the Way
- Health Tip: Opt for a Healthy Weight-Loss Plan
- Marathons May Damage Part of Heart: Study
- Want to Live Longer? Fit Outweighs Fat
- Socioeconomic Status Main Predictor of Health Habits: Study
- Weight Gain, Need to Be Nice Are Holiday Season Gripes
- More Exercise Could Make For Better Sleep: Study
- Circle of Friends Key to Adopting Healthy Habits: Study
- Diet Loaded With Veggies, Fruits, Whole Grains May Cut Stroke Risk
- Despite Advances, HIV/AIDS Still Takes Heavy Emotional Toll
- Hispanics With Diabetes Urged to Get Yearly Foot Care
- Nerve Damage May Play a Role in ED
- Sugar-Sweetened Drinks May Pose Heart Risks to Women, Study Suggests
- Study Suggests Exercise May Help Memory of Fibromyalgia Patients
- New Guidelines on Frequent Cause of Sudden Death in Athletes
- Specialized Warm-Up May Reduce Girls' Knee Injuries
- Study: 'Thyroid Support' Supplements May Be Risky
- Health Highlights: Oct. 26, 2011
- Weight Regain May Not Be Due to Lack of Willpower
- Yoga, Stretching Classes Outdo Self-Care for Back Pain: Study
- Insomnia Might Boost Heart Attack Risk
- Do You Really Read Nutrition Labels?
- Neighborhood Can Affect Obesity, Diabetes Risk
- Is High Blood Pressure Linked to Birth Defects?
- Doctors Not Stressing Follow-Up Plans With Obese Kids
- Regular Exercise Seems to Guard Against Migraine
- Health Tip: Suggestions to Help Manage Angina
- Watching Your Protein May Be Key to Weight Control
- Health Tip: When Exercise Causes Hives
- Raising 'Good' Cholesterol May Cut Heart Risk in Diabetes Patients
- Health Tip: Managing an Anxiety Disorder
- Americans Living Longer, Healthier Lives
- 3 Hours of Exercise Weekly Can Cut Men's Heart Risks
- Does Beetroot Improve a Runner's Time?
- Divorce, Heavy Drinking, Smoking Linked to Hair Loss
- Could Divorce Trigger Hair Loss in Women?
- Obesity Puts Young Kids at Risk of Social Isolation
- Parents, Kids, Doctors Balk at Talk About Weight
- 4 Simple Steps to a Healthy Heart
- Lifestyle Changes May Improve Erectile Dysfunction
- Study: Memory Loss Boosts Risk of Death
- Sugar Drink Habit Is Widespread in U.S.
- Better Way to Predict Weight Loss?
- Whey Protein May Beat Casein After Workouts
- 4 Keys to a Long Life
- Fat Around Heart May Be Linked to Clogged Arteries
- Study: Obese People Live as Long as Slimmer People
- 15 Minutes of Exercise Every Day Reduces Risk of Death
- Exercise a 'Wonder Drug' for Cancer Survival
- Facebook: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- Little Exercise Beats None
- Bad Golf Swing Can Be Rough on the Body
- Family History's Role in Heart Attack and Stroke
- Heart Disease Prevention Saves Lives and Money
- Simple Sugar May Speed Heart Attack Recovery
- Health Tip: Benefitting From Cross-Training
- Early-Stage MS Patients May Have Fracture Risk
- Older People Must Work Out More to Keep Muscles
- Losing Weight, Keeping It Off Can Be Two Different Worlds
- Size Counts When It Comes to Sex
- Tactics Are Different for Weight Loss, Maintenance
- Healthy Lifestyle Cuts Risk of Sudden Cardiac Death
- Is Your House Obese-Proof?
- Diet, Metformin Cut Medical Cost for Prediabetes Patients
- Survey: Diabetes Patients Don't Change Lifestyle
- Exercise After Meals Helps Control Blood Sugar
- Weight Loss Surgery May Cut Inflammation, Disease Risk
- Diabetes on Upswing Worldwide
- 5 Foods That Make You Fat, 5 That Don't
- Exercise May Help Treat POTS Heart Condition
- Only 12% of High School Students Get Enough Exercise
- More Olive Oil in Diet Could Cut Stroke Risk: Study
- Exercise Improves Sleep and Nighttime Breathing Troubles
- Excess TV Time Linked to Early Death
- Moderate Exercise May Cut Risk of 'Silent' Stroke
- Study: Mental Health Is Top Concern for Youth
- Health Tip: Ease Neck Pain
- USDA Ditches Food Pyramid for a Healthy Plate
- Take Steps to Prevent Pulmonary Embolisms
- Health Highlights: May 26, 2011
- Eating Meat May Raise Colon Cancer Risk
- Study: Psoriasis in Kids Linked to Obesity, Heart Risks
- CDC Links Obesity, Arthritis, and Lack of Exercise
- Gene for Alzheimer's Risk May Affect Brain Early
- Tai Chi Prevents Falls, Boosts Mental Health in Seniors: Study
- Vitamin D May Improve Breathing for COPD Patients
- Walking Speed May Indicate Severity of COPD
- Alzheimer's Caregivers May Be at Risk for Dementia
- Internet Popular with People Seeking Health Information
- Does Mom Want a Major Makeover?
- 8 Stroke Triggers for Those With Untreated Aneurysm
- Study: Fat May Return After Liposuction
- Less-Than-Optimal Sleep May 'Age' the Brain
- New Clues to Low-Calorie Diets and Longer Life
- Cayenne Pepper May Burn Calories, Curb Appetite
- Worst U.S. Air: Bakersfield Calif.; Best: Honolulu, Santa Fe
- Tai Chi Benefits Heart Patients
- CDC: Kids Lack Access to Healthy Food Choices
- Music Lessons as Child May Keep Aging Minds Sharp
- New Alzheimer's Guidelines Stress Early Diagnosis
- Lifestyle Changes Reduce Triglycerides
- Group Calls on FDA to Pull Alli, Xenical
- Brisk Walk Can Boost Blood Flow to the Brain: Report
- Treadmill Walking Improves Parkinson's Symptoms
- Apples Good for Your Heart
- Does Parenthood Hurt Your Health?
- Virtual Reality Tools May Aid Stroke Recovery
- Some Athletic Girls Risk Stress Fractures
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Rates Rising in U.S.
- Best Diet Plan: 6 Mini Meals or 3 Squares a Day?
- Why Some May Avoid Type 1 Diabetes Complications
- Taking Responsibility for Own Health Often Not Enough
- Exercise, Sex Can Boost Heart Attack Risk
- In Search of the Ideal Body Shape
- Whey Protein May Help Build Muscles
- New Insight on Weight Gain After Prostate Cancer Therapy
- New Alternative to BMI for Measuring Body Fat
- Moderate Alcohol Drinking May Boost Heart Health
- Therapy, Exercise Help Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Where Do the Most Active People Live?
- New Guidelines on Women's Heart Risk
- Sedentary Job? Try Pedaling at Your Desk
- Robots May Help Patients Recover From Stroke
- Hula Hoop Workouts Burn Calories
- 'Do Your Part,' Michelle Obama Says on 'Let's Move' 1st Anniversary
- Snow Shoveling Injures Thousands Each Year
- Sitting for Too Long Is Bad for Your Health
- NSAID Pain Relievers Raise Heart Risks
- Arthritis Doctors Too Often Opt for Drugs, Surgery
- Baby Fat May Predict Early Obesity
- The Deadliest Diets
- Psoriasis, Heart Disease, and Diabetes: What's the Link?
- Exercise, Vitamin D Reduce Risk of Falls in Elderly
- Weight Loss During Marathon Improves Running Time
- Multivitamins May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Move More, Gain Less Weight With Age
- Experts: Exercise Crucial for Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Weight Lifting May Be OK After Breast Cancer Surgery
- Heart Attack Risk Quickly Follows RA Diagnosis
- Older Antidepressants Linked to Heart Risk
- Bunions, High-Arched Feet Often Inherited
- Top 20 Fitness Trends for 2011
- Walking May Ward Off Memory Loss
- New Genes Linked to Obesity, Belly Fat
- Arthritis on the Increase; Obesity Partly to Blame
- New Guidelines for Treatment of Depression
- Ginger May Soothe Aching Muscles
- Exercise Helps You Sleep
- Osteoporosis Drugs Linked to Rare Fractures
- Pre-Run Stretch May Hurt Endurance
- Stress May Raise Risk of Premenstrual Syndrome
- Tai Chi: Best Fibromyalgia Treatment?
- Obesity, Smoking Linked to Teen Migraines
- Diet Drug Lorcaserin Safe, Effective, Study Finds
- Obesity After Age 50 Raises Diabetes Risk
- Exercise Recommended for Cancer Patients
- Short People May Have Increased Heart Risk
- Walk Your Dog to Unleash Better Health
- Study: Shapewear Garment Burns Calories
- Drinking Milk May Boost Benefits of a Workout
- High Blood Pressure Prevalent, but Better Controlled
- Wii Games Get Heart Group's Seal of Approval
- Michelle Obama's Plan to End Childhood Obesity Epidemic
- Air Pollution Increases Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- People With Fibromyalgia Prone to Falls
- Weight Loss Pill Also Lowers Blood Pressure
- $1,000 Personal Genome Coming: Are We Ready?
- Obesity May Raise Risk of Fibromyalgia
- What a Bad Lifestyle Does to Your Life Span
- Brain-Training Games Won't Boost Your IQ
- Computer Use, Exercise May Save Memory
- Brisk Walking Reduces Stroke Risk
- Pregnant Women Don't Get Enough Exercise
- Short Bursts of Activity Ease Fibromyalgia
- Supplement May Give Older Athletes an Edge
- Incontinence After Childbirth May Last Years
- Exercise 1 Hour a Day to Avoid Weight Gain
- Good and Bad Health Habits in U.S.
- Ringing in Your Ears?
- 10 Ways to Manage Low Back Pain at Home
- 28 Tips for Nighttime Heartburn Relief
- Cholesterol Facts
- Ergonomics: Healthy Workstation Positions
- Lose Weight Fast: How to Do It Safely
- 10 Ways to Help Boost Your Good Cholesterol
- Diabetes Risk Factors
- In One Year, Out the Other
- 5 Diet Resolutions for the New Year
- Does Fidgeting Help Burn Calories?
- Flu Prevention: Use Your Immune System!
- Weight Loss and Nutrition Myths
- Workout Secrets: Expert Exercise Tips
- Spring Break for Your Body: Tone Up
- Weight Lifting Workouts: Secrets to Success
- Flat Belly Diet! Does It Fall Flat on Its Promises?
- Heart Health and Your Family History
- Passive Exercise: Whole-Body Vibration and More
- Exercise to Lose Weight
- Fitness Boot Camps: Should You Enlist?
- Groin Numbness and Bike Riding
- Parents Who Exercise: Staying Active with Kids
- Fit and 40-Plus
- Exercising in the Heat: Tips to Workout Safely
- The Pritikin Principle
- The 300 Workout: Can You Handle It?
- Heart Rate Training Zone
- Muscle Soreness
- Exercise Tubing and Bands
- Core Training: Your Way to a Stronger Body
- Exercise Machines: Maximize Your Machine Workout
- Sore Muscles? Don't Stop Exercising
- Runner's High: Is It for Real?
- Fitness Goals: Relief for Exercising Feet
- Pod Workouts: A New Way to Get Fit
- Fitness Centers: No More Gym Intimidation
- Finding a Gym That's Right for You
- Fitness Shortcuts: The No Time Work Out
- Fitness After 50: The Gym Goes Gray
- Exercise: The Maintain Your Weight Workout
- Fitness Injury: What to Do When Injury Strikes
- Walk Away the Pounds Without Breaking a Sweat
- Fitness Coaching: A New Approach
- Cellulite: Can You Beat Cellulite?
- Exercise Clothes: Look Good, Feel Good, Get Fit
- Yoga: The Many Styles of Om
- Hydration: The Key to Exercise Success
- Fitness Tips from Three Olympic Coaches
- Exercise: His and Her Workouts
- Skin & Beauty: Exercise Your Body -- and Your Skin
- Exercise with Intervals Boosts Fitness
- Exercise: Hate It? Learn How to Love Working Out
- Exercise Excuses: What's Yours?
- Calories: Learn to Burn Off Your Favorite Treats
- Burn Off Calories Without Going to the Gym
- Allergies? Exercise Outdoors Symptom Free
- Weight Training to Boost Metabolism = Weight Loss
- Weight Lift 20 Minutes a Week, Get Results?
- Calories Burned During Fitness
- Diet and Fitness Trends for 2005
- Exergaming: Exercise, Lose Weight, With Video Game
- Fitness: Few Minutes a Day Increase Fitness Level
- Workout Devices Get Rated
- Exercising for Real Life Functions
- Personal Fitness Trainer: How to Find One for You
- Fitness Fables: No Pain, No Gain, Really?
- Winter Workouts: Don't Let Cold Keep You Inside
- Fitness: Overcome Your Obstacles
- Exercise: New Year's Resolution, Get Fit
- Flab at 40
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter