Patient Comments: Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence) - Share Your Experience


Please share you or your partner's experience with erectile dysfunction (impotence). Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Wifey, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 31

I'm 42 and my husband is 57. Our problem began about six years ago. Pills worked for a while, but now they don't seem to. However, when you keep doing the same thing, you get the same results; taking it and expecting it to work too soon, not talking about it, not following up with the doctor. I'm frustrated in his lack of concern in doing something about this. ED (erectile dysfunction) is destroying our marriage. I'm trying to be understanding and supportive of him. I also feel humiliated with every failed attempt. I miss my old life and my husband.

Comment from: Barry, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 16

I felt my sex drive go away, well, I decided to do something about it. I do testosterone (1 mil) once a week and HGC (human chorionic gonadotropins) .20 mg once a week. You need to do your liver test and a blood test, it cost a lot but it's worth it. I am 58 going to be 59 in three months.

Comment from: Wirebirdog, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 07

I had ED surgery but developed an infection. The procedure was reversed. It has been over a year.

Comment from: Hellfire, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 06

I started not being able to maintain erections at around age 45. Otherwise, I'm in great health – no smoking or drinking, I get regular exercise; I'm very attracted to my wife and to the opposite sex in general. Now I'm 51 and I have almost nothing. I take Cialis if I want to have sex and it works great, but it gives me a pounding headache and it annoys me that I have to use it at all, but that's life, I guess. I am now separated - nothing to do with sex, although it was part of it – and my new girlfriend is 32 and really loves sex, so it's pretty frustrating as far as spontaneity goes.

FDA Logo

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Men's Health Newsletter

By clicking "Submit," I agree to the MedicineNet Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. I also agree to receive emails from MedicineNet and I understand that I may opt out of MedicineNet subscriptions at any time.