Patient Comments: Endometriosis - Symptoms

The symptoms of endometriosis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: JMM0803, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 15

Ever since I started menstruating, my periods were always heavy lasting 9 days or longer, and very painful. I went on birth control at 17 which helped immensely. I came off birth control and quickly became pregnant, back on birth control and then off and pregnant again (5 times, 3 living children and 2 miscarriages). I had my tubes tied at 24 and the heavy periods and cramps came back. For many years I simply thought it was just normal to have heavy painful periods. My periods have gotten increasingly worse over the last 5 years and I was diagnosed with menorrhagia. I've been back and forth to doctors' offices for heavy cramping and bleeding, bloating, GERD, constipation, diarrhea, stomach pain when having a bowel movement (ruled out Crohn's), pain when urinating and needing to urinate often (no urinary tract infection), mood swings, weight gain and fatigue (thyroid is normal), headaches, lower back pain, pain during sex (no sexually transmitted diseases), etc. I was just seen today after taking Monistat for what I thought was a yeast infection. I started having severe cramps and stomach pain (nothing new since my period is due in a week). What concerned me was my discharge was tinged with blood. Everything came back negative, except that I have numerous cysts on both ovaries. I have had cysts in the past since I was 16, with three having had burst. The technician who did my sonogram today mentioned endometriosis and asked if I have ever been tested for it. They recommended I see an obstetrician/gynecologist as soon as possible for the cysts since I have so many. Perhaps this could be the answer to all my problems.

Comment from: GIGI, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 07

I was about 23 years old, had three pregnancies. It started with a big pain on my belly. I thought it was a normal menstruation pain. I spent 8 months bedridden. The pains went from my lower back, across my belly and down till my knees. If I lay back, I was not able to move. If I sat down, I was not able to stand. That's how hard the pain was. They did a couple of tests, mixed medications, heavy medication, etc., until they finally knew it was endometriosis. I started taking birth control pills, and magically the pain was gone. It was all about regulating my menstruation system. But years later I stopped using it. Bad idea. Pains are back, but at least now I know what it is and how to deal with it.

Comment from: madeline.lowery, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I was diagnosed with endometriosis after an ectopic pregnancy when I was 21. When I'm having my period the pain in my pelvis is so great during this time that I'm only able to be active for about a half hour before needing to sit or lay back down. Over the counter medicine does seem to relieve my pain. And applying heat helps significantly. Also during menstruation my lower back aches like it is bruised and I get so exhausted that I fall asleep doing anything where I sit still for a few minutes. It's truly debilitating for the days that I'm bleeding.

Comment from: Jean, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I am 58 years old. I was diagnosed with endometriosis at 16. The doctor said I would probably never have children. I hadn"t even graduated from high school yet and I was devastated. I had been having so much pain and heavy bleeding. The pain would cause me to vomit and I would have to leave school. I married at 19 and continued to have pain, but birth control pills helped. Unfortunately I had to stop taking them due to migraine headaches associated with the pill. I still dreamed of having my own child, but the doctor said my chances were one in a million. I found another doctor who treated infertility and under his care I beat those odds and had a wonderful son. At 37 years old I slipped and fell and a chocolate ovarian cyst broke inside of me. I hemorrhaged for 5 days before I was taken seriously and surgery was done. I nearly died from blood loss and was extremely ill. Eight weeks later I had a total hysterectomy. My health was restored and I felt wonderful for the first time since I was a young girl.

Comment from: 30years later, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I started having pain at age sixteen, it was not until age 21 I found out I had endometriosis. I have seen several doctors over a period of years and the one I have now has been my obstetrician/gynecologist for over 30 years. I take strong painkillers. I do have some pain but I changed my diet to lots of fruits and vegetables and this has helped. I am at a point in my life that I am so tired of this that I don"t know what to do. I am still not sure about surgery. I just want pain relief. This disease can and will ruin a relationship.

Comment from: Jenny, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 27

I just found out about a month ago that I have endometriosis. I have had pain for the last 3 months and I have a cyst caused by it too. The pain can be very excruciating at times. I plan on going to see the obstetrician/gynecologist on next Tuesday to see what they say.

Comment from: kmaness, Female (Patient) Published: February 08

I have pain during sex and when I pass stools. I was recently diagnosed with endometriosis. I am 24 years old. I had surgery and started shots. I don't have kids but plan on kids after shots are over.

Comment from: lc, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 02

I had my menstruation 2nd week of this month for 7 days (usually 4 days only). Then this last week again bleeding started with spotting. I had negative pregnancy test. No pain felt, but I have body weakness and chilly sensation because of endometriosis.

Comment from: BP, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I have had a hysterectomy to be rid of the endometriosis, but it did not work; In fact it is worse now. I have major skin pain, like an inside out pin cushion is being pressed against it continuously, I cough and it feels like my skin is going to explode. It is so bad it brings tears to my eyes most times. It hurts to have anything against it. It hurts when I move. It's really painful.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I am 43 and about 4 years ago I started having lots of ovarian cysts, some the size of an orange. My cycle would only last 3 days from start to finish, then in June I had a cycle, then stopped for 3 months and started again in October that lasted 14 days, very heavy flow. I stopped for a week and started back bleeding again and have not stopped as of yet, I have lots of pain in lower back, hips and lower abdomen down to my knees; I've been having headaches almost daily.

Comment from: Claire, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 20

I'm 32 and been having issues for a few months now, since I came off the pill due to bad mood swings and generally making me feel down all the time. Since I've done this I've been fine! I started getting pains so bad in my abdomen, sides and back and headache. I've had 3 ultra sounds to rule out appendicitis and cysts on my ovaries. I have noticed a pattern that it starts after my period when ovulating. The pain is horrid and I find it hurts after I urinate or add any kind of pressure to the muscles then relax them. Even my breasts start to hurt and after sex it is painful and I sometimes feel sick and dizzy.

Comment from: K, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I am 21 years old. I had a 7cm cyst on my ovary when I was 17 years old and have since then experienced painful periods and ongoing issues with cysts. About a year ago I spoke with my doctor about the pain I was experiencing and how it got worse. It was painful to have sex, I noticed if I had any gas or had any urine in my bladder the pain was worse and she asked me to see another doctor. The new doctor told me that I have endometriosis. Recently my pain has gotten worse and my periods last longer, sometimes 2-3 weeks or 1 week on then off and on again. I started experiencing large blood clots in my period. They say the average size is about a quarter inch or so, mine have been upwards of 6 to 7 inches. I fear for more surgeries and the possibility of not being able to have children of my own. I am ok with adopting it's something I've always wanted to do. I hope that doctors can find something to end endometriosis for good and that more word and information on the topic is given to young women.

Published: July 16

I am a 26 yr old women who just had my left ovary and fallopian tube removed! When the doctor took it out she said it should have been done years ago she said she did not want to take the right one if we didn't have to because I am so young. That was 3 weeks ago today and the pain on the right side it so bad that I know I have to call and go back. I always knew that I wanted to adopt but the realization that I may never be able to have children is terrifying to me. I suffer from depression and anxiety to begin with and I just don't know how do process and deal with this.

Comment from: kiwichick, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 07

I am 31, after my third child 5 years ago I started getting weird pains and symptoms. The days leading up to my period I would have massive mood swings, not be able to have a bowel motion and the pain got really intense right up until the second the bleeding started, and then all would be fine. I had scans and they found no cysts. I was put on contraceptive pill to try help with pain. This worked for a few months and now I can still feel the pressure building every month (so to speak) and I have to let my body bleed, if I keep taking the pills it will bleed slowly until I stop them for a few days. But once I stop taking the pills I get huge migraine headaches, breast pain (just one side) and a lot of abdominal pain, front and back. Even now while I'm taking the pills I get nauseous and am fatigued all the time. Intercourse is extremely painful and afterwards I get dizzy, nauseous and the pain lasts for days. I am on the waiting list to see gynecologist, hoping they'll be able to do something. I hate living on painkillers.

Comment from: Resp, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 10

My symptoms of endometriosis were pelvic pain, low back pain, fatigue, and aching joints.

Comment from: jamey, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I had a cyst rupture on my left ovary 8 weeks ago and I fainted 3 times. Now I have a new cyst on my right ovary that my gynecologist says is small and I am ok, but I'm in pain every day. Pain radiates to my back and up to my chest and head, causing migraines all day. I know it is endometriosis so I made an appointment with a new gynecologist. Hoping in the meantime I don't die because it can kill you.

Comment from: sunita, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I have already removed endometriosis or chocolate cyst, and still the pain persists. I took lots of pain killers but of no use. Recently I took leuprolide injection. Last time there was no periods after injecting leuprolide but this time normal bleeding started after taking leuprolide.

Comment from: Miss May, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I was 15 when I first had pain with what started as cysts and the pain got worse every couple of months till I was 19 and had constant pain. I went in and out of doctor's offices telling me it's all in my head, have you tried going gluten free, etc. After that didn"t work that well I finally got the gynecologist and she tested me for endometriosis. I tried the pill, it worked for months and then had my period on the pill; for 4 weeks I didn"t miss a pill. I tried a different pill, gluten free and Metamucil; again it worked for a couple months then I got my period for 6 weeks straight. The pain got so bad to even get out of bed I was taking T4 and Advil together and could move but still felt it. I found out about a new trail medication called Visanne. It worked as long as you didn"t miss a pill but I have some liver problems from taking it and got most of the other symptoms.

Comment from: KT, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I was diagnosed with endometriosis in my early 30s and have been on continual oral contraception to control the symptoms. This has worked great for 10 years in controlling the pain and symptoms I had around the time of my period; however I now have lesions on my liver which are associated with long-term contraceptive use. Be aware of this potential side-effect. So far the lesions are benign but the size is being monitored and I am not sure how they will affect my health in my senior years.

Comment from: Sara, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I have been diagnosed with endometriosis at the age of 22. I suffered horrible stabbing like pains in my stomach. Intercourse was very painful and I was always sick. I missed work a lot. At 23 I decided to have surgery (laparoscopy); best thing I could have ever done. I feel so much better. I am 27 now and the regrowth has started again which I"m so upset about. My ultimate fear is not being able to conceive as the doctors have told me. It"s hard to stay strong. Fear always takes over.

Published: July 16

I have had two surgeries within 2 years apart due to endometriosis and it seems to keep coming back. My symptoms were chronic pain in my stomach, irregular menstruation periods, pain after sex, the feeling of vomiting everything I eat. It is a pain that I can no longer bare. There are days where I am stuck in a bent over position because the pain is so bad that I cannot stand straight up or walk for that matter.

Published: June 27

I experience the worst pain during and after intimacy the pain is sharp and deep I can feel it in my abdomen in my lower back and sometimes in my rectum. From there the pain shoots up and I can not walk I end of in the fetal position for hours until the pain subsides enough for me to move. I have had a fibroid removed 8 months ago and these pains have gotten worse since. I am in the process of speaking with my Doctor about my options. I am 30 years old and this is affecting my love live I have to avoid or turn down sex in fear of the onset of pain that will follow if I do engage myself.

Comment from: priya, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

I am 25 years and I have a girl child of 2 years through cesarean but now since 1 year I am having a drip of blood from scars. I consulted my doctor who told me that I have an endometriosis problem.

Comment from: sherry241975, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I had a hysterectomy when I was 26 due to endometriosis. It was great and pain free for 13 years. I left the right ovary in for my hormones. I am now back with constipation and pain again and am having my last ovary removed in April. If I had it to do over again I would have made the same choice. My doctor wants me to do the Depot Lupron shots but after reading all the side effects I'm opting for surgery.

Comment from: kk, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

Every month during my cycle I have bad period pains, and nothing seems to work for it.

Comment from: Patience, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 28

I am 32 years old and have been suffering with this disease for four years now. About two years ago, I had a laparoscopy, and even after that I am in constant pain. I have lost two jobs, and feel angry and depressed all the time. Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who is loving and caring. The pain is unbearable. I am now on a new drug called Visanne that will hopefully bring some kind of relief. To all woman suffering from this – be strong; I believe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment from: rlebarks, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 03

I'm 26 and have pain and on the left side of my pelvis. Nothing seems to help the pain. My mother had endometriosis and I have the symptoms. I don't know whether I should ask my gynecologist about this or just stop worrying.

Comment from: wonder, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: April 03

I'm just 15 years old and I don't know what to think. I've been to the doctor because of a bladder infection and recently had these symptoms – I experience pain while going to the bathroom, even when I'm urinating. Recently, I started having heavy menstrual cycles.

Comment from: BrittanyMae, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 03

I am 21 years old and have a 5- year-old son. I was diagnosed with endometriosis a year ago. About two years ago, I had an ectopic pregnancy due to endometriosis. My right fallopian tube ruptured and I lost about a liter of blood. I had a laparoscopy done to remove my right fallopian tube and ovary. Since then, I've had chronic pain in my pelvis, back, and left leg. Also, I suffer from nausea. My doctor put me on birth control about eight months ago to control the pain and it does not help at all. I'm currently waiting on my insurance to approve a hormone shot my doctor said might help. I've been doing some research on the medications and the side effects are not too promising. I'm a little nervous and don't know what to do. The pain is so bad that I can't last a full day at work, I don't want to get out of bed, and the thought of eating makes me more nauseous than before. Not being able to take care of my son makes it so much harder.

Comment from: ksavard, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 03

I have had horrible periods for the last few years. I just went for surgery yesterday (laparoscopy) because the doctor thought I had a dermoid cyst on my left ovary. Once he got in there he found endometriosis. It so bad, that my tubes are fused with my uterus. This is so scary because I still want another child. I'm only 25 years old

Comment from: Youngin, 19-24 Female Published: March 05

I am 22 years old and have constant loose bowel movements due to the pain on the lower right side of my uterus and Fallopian tube. I have had to use the bathroom frequently due to the pain. Lower back pain now is everywhere back pain. Nausea. Most importantly though every time this happens, you can feel my uterus get really hard. I've been to the ER numerous times and my doctor won't do much.

Comment from: LadyLizardWizard3, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 05

I have been dealing with mild to severe pelvic pain for years. I found out that I had an ovarian cyst on my right ovary about 5 years ago. I have dealt with the pain, while doctors told me my pain was in my head. This past week I found a new doctor in my area. I had another ultrasound done and found that the cyst ruptured. I also have a new cyst on the left ovary. I went to the doctor today and he tells me that I have endometriosis. The only way to find out 100% is to have surgery. A full hysterectomy is in order. I am scared to death, not knowing what this could do to me. I am only 33 years old.

Comment from: LaLa, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 19

I have had painful periods for years but just recently they have been really bad. I have been in and out of emergency with this pain all the time. They sent me for a laparoscopy and found endometriosis. I had two adhesions removed. My mom had this too. I am asking for a hysterectomy. I can't live with this pain anymore.

Comment from: Junetoosoon, 45-54 Female Published: February 13

Very bad cramps before and feuding periods.

Published: July 18

I am 23 years old and have always had excruciating periods. I usually am incapacitated for the first 3 days of my period and bleed heavily. In between periods, it's lots of lower back pain and some cramping. My doctor's have put me on so many birth controls that my body is so messed up and the cramps are still unbearable. They finally referred me to a specialist and I'm really afraid that it's endometriosis. I really want children someday and it scares me to think I may be infertile and if this is the cause of my pain.

Published: July 14

I have endometriosis on my lungs kidneys bladder blower and now my liver is swollen the pain is so bad my doctor thinks that the endometriosis could be on my liver. I cough up blood too, can you tell me if you have heard of endometriosis on the liver and if you have heard of any thing that would help.

Published: July 14

I always had really bad periods, heavy and painful even as an adolescent. Everyone told me that it was just nature and nothing to be concerned with---be tough was the message. I lived with endometriosis until I was 45 years old. The pain I had was excruciating in my pelvis area and bleeding non-stop. I also became unable to bend and move very well. It turned out that I had Stage IV endometriosis--uterus, tubes, ovaries and appendix removed. Also, my ureter was resectioned and implants removed from my small intestine. It's been a year and a half and I have no symptoms at all. I guess it wasn't "all in my head"! Have any of you heard this from others?

Published: July 10

At the age of 14, I awoke being hunched over and in great pain. I was rushed the to the hospital and later found out that I had cysts in both ovaries, as the years passed, I had 3 ultrasounds, the first showing I had cysts in both ovaries, the second showing I had cysts in only my right ovary, I am now 18 and received my last ultrasound a few days ago and it showed I was free of any cysts, but why was I still having extreme sharp pains in my right ovary? My doctor says it could be endometriosis. This would explain a lot: my lower back pain, the feeling of IBS, the stabbing pains around my cycles, and the stinging when I urinate. It has been 4 years of pain, I hope it gets better.

Published: July 07

My symptoms actually started with constipation. I was getting constipated all of the time and the medicines weren't working. I was sent to a gastrologist and had some procedures done. They found nothing. At this point my lower stomach started hurting so much that I couldn't run, jump, anything extra. It even hurt to just sit. I also could not stand to have anything touch my stomach. I was always pulling my pants or underwear away from me. It was worse than when I was pregnant. Finally my doctor said I should see my OBGYN. He knew it was endometriosis. I had the surgery and was fine afterward. All of the symptoms ended. It has been about two years and I'm getting the symptoms back again. My periods have been getting farther and farther apart, and I'm getting constipated a lot again. I haven't had a period in over two months now and I'm not pregnant. I feel so blotted and tender. I haven't made my appointment yet but I am worried he will want me to get a hysterectomy this time. I'm not ready for that yet; I'm only 31.

Published: July 07

I'm 19 years old. For the past 3 months I have had lower abdominal pain. It comes and goes but occurs every day. I had an episode of pain one night but I didn't have the money to go to the emergency room at the time. I'm seeing specialists but they still can't seem to figure out what is wrong with me. The last doctor I went to said it could be endometriosis. I just contracted a bladder/ yeast infection on top of the abdominal pain and the pain worsens during menstrual cycles. For the first month and a half i was constipated as well. I really can't wait to be a parent and Ii want a big family but this worries me a great deal. Do you think I really have this? What else can I do if the CT scan comes up negative? What if the laparoscopy comes back negative? What then? I'm not scared I just want to have children and the pain to subside.

Published: July 01

I had a laparoscopy done on the third of June to remove my endometriosis for the second time and for the second time they put me on Lupron. Ever since I have had the surgery I have been bleeding and the doctors keep on telling me that it is just my cycle and it will go away well it is day 28 and I don't know what to do.

Published: June 18

My symptoms were very heavy bleeding for 2 weeks of every month, severe pain for 2 weeks leading up to my period, then severe pain and fainting for the first week of my period, irregular periods, I ended going on the pill and that controlled the timing and heavy bleeding however I do still get severe pain for the first few days and I also get a migraine, I have a slight weight gain from the pill but I have to say it is a 100% improvement to what I put up with for most of my life. It is also good to know what it was I was suffering from as I was told it was normal to be like that and now I know it wasn't.

Published: June 18

I had an ovarian tumor approx. 2yrs ago that caused me to loose my right ovary. I experienced pain in the lower right pelvic region (almost felt like bladder problems) immediately after surgery and then each month after during my periods. This pain was sharp and piercing while on my periods and very painful when going to the bathroom. My OB decided that we would take my uterus and leave my left ovary and cervix. The Dr. diagnosed me with endometriosis and I am now recovering (week 5) and still have pain in my lower right side? Not sure what causes this but will post an update with what my Dr. says tomorrow on my follow up visit-beginning to think-hernia, maybe?

Published: June 17

The problem I'm having is bleeding for at least 2 weeks or a whole month lower back pain I look like I'm 7 months pregnant and my stomach is very tender, and I'm very depressed right now because the doctor only wants to give me medication to take for my problem when I choose to have surgery.

Published: June 13

My symptoms were lower back pain,painful bowel movement during menstration, ever present right side pain ,fatigue,eight years of this,then I grew a large endometrioma 20cm.(many trips to doctor before cyst grew.)I thought I was going crazy when doctors didn't find/do anything. I hope womens pain is considered for surgically investigating for this condition sooner than it was for me, I ended up with total hysterectomy.

Published: June 12

Just before my period, I have severe headaches, lower back pain and major nausea. During my period, I suffer swelling in my face and large liver like blood clots with a heavy blood flow. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis when I was 23 and I am now 38--it has gotten so much over the years and I believe it's time for a hysterectomy. It affects my daily life and I get to where I just can't get out of bed or move sometimes even when I'm NOT on my period. I also have "PVC" Premature Ventricle Contractions and it gets worse with my cycle because of the severe hormonal change in my body due to the Endometriosis.

Published: June 10

Sharp, buring pain in my right hip area, cramps could be bad. At times I could not stand straight, very nauseous. I used to call it my "red hot poker in the side". Walked sideways, hunched over. I went through several Drs. over several *years* before one listened: turns out the lesions plastered my ovary to the abdomen wall. Once they removed the lesions, ovary, tube (inflammed)I had huge relief. Still cramp and have some pain (scar tissue they say) but so very much better.

Published: June 09

I've had horrible abdominal pain for the last 10 years almost 11, and I'm only 26. I've had 4 laps and I was diagnosed with severe endometriosis about 5 years ago, however the last surgery showed I had no endometriosis, I still have severe abdominal pain everyday and worse around my periods, the last 5 months I went from having normal periods that lasted 5 days or so, to having lasting 20 days (last month period) I started to have what looked like blood clots and really heavy bleeding, I was also told I had IBS but I still have problems going to the bathroom everyday and it's gotten worse the last 5 months with the abnormal periods. I had an ultrasound done yesterday and it showed nothing to be wrong. Is everything due to the endometriosis I "use" to have, is that why I've gotten worse lately? I have no answers, just questions for 10 years now.

Published: June 04

I will have rectal pain that comes shortly after a period is done like one-four days after a period. It comes on suddenly, severe rectal pressure/pain. It lasts for 45 minutes to one hour; I take 600mg. of ibuprofen and do slow deep breathing lying on my side in bed.

Published: May 27

Severe abdominal pain. It kept getting worse with each cycle. Finally, I ended up with a small bowel obstruction from it and had to have my bowel resected. I wish that someone could have diagnosed me years ago. I am finally getting a hysterectomy next month. My OB wants to leave one ovary.

Published: May 27

Constant pelvic pain. As though I am experiencing a bad period everyday without bleeding. I feel feverish. I have gained almost 10 pounds since Christmas. Muscle and body aches without doing anything extremely physical. I am used to walking at least 16-20 miles a week. My last walk I didn't think I could make it home I was so exhausted.

Published: May 23

During my period I began to have severe rectal pain accompanied by & an urgent feeling to have a bowel movement (sometimes I would (have a bm) other times not. It just started one month, BAM! There was nothing gradual about the onset. I can control this by taking Imodium, however I'm having different or new abdominal feelings/pains not during my menstrual cycle & I wonder if its endometriosis.

Published: May 23

Hello everyone. I have seen at least over 13 doctors and only one actually diagnosed me with endometriosis this year about three months ago. I have had irregular heavy painful cycles since i started having my cycle at the age of 11. I noticed that I would bleed for a time period of two to three weeks. Sometimes I would spot between cycles so I didn't really know when I was actually on my cycle. After I would have sexual intercourse I would the worst pain and bleeding you could ever imagine. Over time this condition got worse so I decided to take birth control pills to help me have regular periods and lesson the bleeding. I would only have about four cycles year. I had noticed when I tried to take birth control pills that I would bleed longer than I would without it. Then I started seeing tissue and the blood turned a very very dark color. I would have cramps and pain but not as bad as it was when I was between the age of 11 to 16. I have been bleeding every day since 1/23/08

Published: May 23

I experience the most agonizing abdominal pain, to the point that I cannot stand up straight. I have constant back pain, and the inability to have a bowel movement during my period. I have suffered on and off for over twelve years now. With various treatments, medications, laparoscopies, nasal sprays, and still I have not found a cure.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Women's Health Newsletter