Patient Comments: Endometriosis - Symptoms

The symptoms of endometriosis can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms?

Comment from: Sara, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I have been diagnosed with endometriosis at the age of 22. I suffered horrible stabbing like pains in my stomach. Intercourse was very painful and I was always sick. I missed work a lot. At 23 I decided to have surgery (laparoscopy); best thing I could have ever done. I feel so much better. I am 27 now and the regrowth has started again which I"m so upset about. My ultimate fear is not being able to conceive as the doctors have told me. It"s hard to stay strong. Fear always takes over.

Published: July 16

I have had two surgeries within 2 years apart due to endometriosis and it seems to keep coming back. My symptoms were chronic pain in my stomach, irregular menstruation periods, pain after sex, the feeling of vomiting everything I eat. It is a pain that I can no longer bare. There are days where I am stuck in a bent over position because the pain is so bad that I cannot stand straight up or walk for that matter.

Published: June 27

I experience the worst pain during and after intimacy the pain is sharp and deep I can feel it in my abdomen in my lower back and sometimes in my rectum. From there the pain shoots up and I can not walk I end of in the fetal position for hours until the pain subsides enough for me to move. I have had a fibroid removed 8 months ago and these pains have gotten worse since. I am in the process of speaking with my Doctor about my options. I am 30 years old and this is affecting my love live I have to avoid or turn down sex in fear of the onset of pain that will follow if I do engage myself.

Comment from: priya, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

I am 25 years and I have a girl child of 2 years through cesarean but now since 1 year I am having a drip of blood from scars. I consulted my doctor who told me that I have an endometriosis problem.

Comment from: sherry241975, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I had a hysterectomy when I was 26 due to endometriosis. It was great and pain free for 13 years. I left the right ovary in for my hormones. I am now back with constipation and pain again and am having my last ovary removed in April. If I had it to do over again I would have made the same choice. My doctor wants me to do the Depot Lupron shots but after reading all the side effects I'm opting for surgery.

Comment from: kk, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

Every month during my cycle I have bad period pains, and nothing seems to work for it.

Comment from: Patience, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 28

I am 32 years old and have been suffering with this disease for four years now. About two years ago, I had a laparoscopy, and even after that I am in constant pain. I have lost two jobs, and feel angry and depressed all the time. Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who is loving and caring. The pain is unbearable. I am now on a new drug called Visanne that will hopefully bring some kind of relief. To all woman suffering from this � be strong; I believe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment from: rlebarks, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 03

I'm 26 and have pain and on the left side of my pelvis. Nothing seems to help the pain. My mother had endometriosis and I have the symptoms. I don't know whether I should ask my gynecologist about this or just stop worrying.

Comment from: wonder, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: April 03

I'm just 15 years old and I don't know what to think. I've been to the doctor because of a bladder infection and recently had these symptoms � I experience pain while going to the bathroom, even when I'm urinating. Recently, I started having heavy menstrual cycles.

Endometriosis - Treatments Question: Were there any effective treatments for your endometriosis?
Endometriosis - Infertility Question: Is endometriosis the cause of your infertility? If so, what treatment options have you tried or been given?
Endometriosis - Diagnosis Question: Describe tests or exams that led to a diagnosis of endometriosis.
Endometriosis - Experience Question: Please share your experience with endometriosis.
Endometriosis: Diet Question: Please share your experience with the endometriosis diet?