Patient Comments: Endometriosis - Experience

Please share your experience with endometriosis. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: LJ in So Cal, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

At about the age of 24 or 25 I had abdominal pain. It was worse when I sat down in the car to drive. Being bent over, the seat belt and lifting leg to drive made it so much worse. I had an obstetrician/gynecologist take care of the endometriosis problem through surgery. I had a quick recovery and life got back to normal. Don't let anyone tell you that the pain is normal or that you have to put up with it. You have options!

Comment from: Fibrooks., 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

My endometriosis is so unpredictable. One day I'm fine and I can take care of the kids and clean and go out. Next day I could be crippled in pain and nothing takes it away. I can't move I have to stay very still with a hot pad and pillow pressed into my abdomen. I am getting an injection next week that will start my menopause and hopefully kill the rest. I do find it very hard for people to understand the pain. My husband gets annoyed when I just all of a sudden can't move. Keeping my mind from drifting to negative thoughts has been my challenge because there is a cure and I will be fine someday. If women want to talk to me about my process that I'm about to go through they can. The injection will be given once a month for three months then I have to have a hysterectomy. I am 34 years old.

Comment from: sick&tired, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I just had my 5th surgery due to 'female issues'. Finally I was told it is endometriosis. At age 47 I had part of cervix removed, at 49 had uterus removed, at 52 had tubes removed, and at 52 had rest of cervix removed. I was always told it was scar tissue as to why I bleed and had pain. When the pain overtook me they finally did CT scan and found kidney failure and cysts on ovaries, may be cancer. I just had the surgery to remove dead kidney, ovaries and nodes. No cancer but the implants caused from endometriosis will now stop because the ovaries can't produce them anymore.

Comment from: Fiona White, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 14

I have had endometriosis for 5 years. In this time, I suffered with chronic pain, and recurrent bleeding, it's just like a cancer, because I cannot find an effective way. The doctors suggest me to take a surgery, however, I try the herbal way, taking Fuyan pill. I'm not bleeding now, I hope it will work.

Comment from: betty, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 26

I was diagnosed with endometriosis about 5 years ago, and I have a 6 years old child. Recently I started having sharp pains, also I have back pain from time to time. Sometimes back pain is low middle and sometimes low right side. I'm scared of having surgery.

Comment from: monica, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 06

After five years of trying my husband and I are finally expecting our first baby. I had seen three or four infertility specialists and diagnosed with unexplained infertility, meaning, they had no idea why we couldn't have a child. I always felt sad and guilty. After four years, of no success, finally I found the Fuyan pill suggested to my doctor, and finished my first month treatment. On my second month, I became pregnant. All of my infertility problems were related to endometriosis, which were taken care of by medication. I hope any women trying to get pregnant finds a doctor as good as mine and finds themselves as lucky as we are.

Comment from: Noneofyourbusiness, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 05

The notion of a higher risk of the condition of endometriosis being linked to higher BMI is ridiculous. I know plenty of women who have low BMIs and some who are even anorexic and have endometriosis. As someone who used to have a higher BMI and a sufferer of severe endometriosis, I find the notion of this correlation ridiculous. It gives doctors an authoritative stance to tell you, 'oh, you're just fat that's why you have this.' Well let me tell you, as a person who lost 150 plus pounds, and still has horrible endometriosis, what is their excuse now!

Comment from: lilmama, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

I have pains from endometriosis that makes me want to cry; getting pregnant helps with the pain.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Women's Health Newsletter