Patient Comments: Endometriosis - Infertility

Is endometriosis the cause of your infertility? If so, what treatment options have you tried or been given? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Anonymous, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

We had been trying to get pregnant for a year and started testing to see why I couldn't get pregnant. After we ruled out problems with my husband we started testing me. Ovulation was happening, so they went to see if my tubes were blocked and that was fine. They then decided to check for endometriosis via laparoscopy. They found endometriosis and removed what they could find. I was pregnant a month later and when we decided to have a second I was pregnant a month later. Unfortunately, after seven years I think I'm having issues again and we are looking into a hysterectomy. I am 36.

Comment from: Deborah, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 09

I am 23 years old and have been trying to get pregnant, however nothing is working. I have all the symptoms of endometriosis. I went to the doctor, did an ultra sound and am waiting for the result but I'm scared of the results. I really want kids.

Comment from: HippieGypsy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

I have had surgery, a hysterectomy. Six months later I had another surgery to remove an endometrial tumor that had grown in my abdominal muscle.

Comment from: Michelle, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I am a 39 year old doctor, who got married five years ago and does not have a child. I thought it was only lack of right timing, because my husband and I do meet often, and besides, I do not feel premenstrual pain nor a post-coital pain. However, today through transvaginal ultrasound, I was found to have bilateral endometrial cyst. It scares me. I hope that in my next input, It would be a good news.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Women's Health Newsletter