Endometrial cancer, or uterine cancer, affects the endometrium of the uterus. It's the most common invasive cancer of the female reproductive system. Risk factors include smoking, obesity, lack of exercise, taking estrogen-only hormone therapy, early menstruation, late menopause, and never being pregnant. Read more: Endometrial Cancer Prevention Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Signs of Cancer in Women: Symptoms You Can't Ignore
Cancer symptoms can surprise women if they don't know what to watch out for. 15 cancer symptoms women ignore such as weight loss,...
Cancer-Fighting Foods in Pictures: Resveratrol, Green Tea, and More
Experts have praised certain foods for their ability to reduce cancer risks. Learn which foods and eating strategies may help...
Related Disease Conditions
Menopause is the time in a woman's life when menstrual periods permanently stop, also called the "change of life." Menopause...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Colon cancer is a malignancy that arises from the inner lining of the colon. Most, if not all, of these cancers develop from...
Though uterine cancer's cause is unknown, there are many factors that will put a woman at risk, including being over age 50,...
Nature vs. Nurture Theory (Genes vs. Environment)
In the nature vs. nurture debate, "nature" represents our genetic makeup. These are the genes you have inherited from...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize early warning signs and symptoms of serious diseases and health problems, for example, chronic cough,...
Cancer Risk Factors
Though it's difficult to say why some people develop cancer while others don't, research shows that certain risk factors increase...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Certain behavioral, lifestyle, and environmental factors contribute to cancer. Cancer prevention involves modifying these factors...
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety....
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Make Cancer Prevention a Priority in 2019
- Obesity May Be Driving Rise in Uterine Cancers
- Why Cancer Risk Is Higher in Taller Folk
- Love Organic Foods? Your Odds for Some Cancers May Fall
- 3-Pronged Approach to Cancer Prevention
- Too Few Americans Getting Screened for Cancer: CDC
- Early Success in Artificial Ovary Research
- Women's Cancer Risk Rises With Years Spent Overweight
- Coffee Linked to Possible Lower Endometrial Cancer Risk
- Bone Drugs May Protect Against Endometrial Cancer
- Pap Test to Detect Ovarian, Endometrial Cancers?
- Keeping Fit May Boost Survival With Endometrial Cancer
- Childbirth After 30 Lowers Risk of Endometrial Cancer: Study
- Coffee May Cut Endometrial Cancer Risk