Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Learn to Spot Depression: Symptoms, Warning Signs, Medication
What is depression? Get information on symptoms, signs, tests, and treatments for many types of depression including major...
Depression Myths: Overwork, Recklessness and More in Pictures
Folk remedies and half-truths still prevent many from getting treatment for depression. WebMD's pictures show unusual symptoms in...
Eating Disorders: Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating
Learn about different types of eating disorders. Discover the warning signs of binge eating disorder, anorexia and bulimia. Read...
Food Cravings Slideshow: Chocolate, Carbs, Salt, Sugar
Learn which food cravings can wreck your diet. Whether your craving something creamy or crunchy, sweet or salty, food cravings...
Visual Guide to Binge Eating Disorder
Learn about signs, symptoms, treatment, and recovery for this eating disorder. Get to know how binge eating affects emotional and...
Related Disease Conditions
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Signs, Causes, Diet, and Treatment
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a disease in which pressure within the arteries of the body is elevated. About 75 million...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety....
Binge Eating Disorder
Characteristics of binge eating disorder include eating more quickly than usual, eating until uncomfortably full, eating a lot of...
Depression in Children
Childhood depression can interfere with social activities, interests, schoolwork and family life. Symptoms and signs include...
Depression in the Elderly
Depression in the elderly is very common. That doesn't mean, though, it's normal. Treatment may involve antidepressants,...
Fitness: Exercise for a Healthy Heart
Regular exercise can help reduce the risk of heart disease. To achieve maximum benefits, do a mix of stretching exercise, aerobic...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
Insomnia (Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Cures)
Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of difficulty falling asleep; waking up...
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Fast-food consumption and lack of exercise are just a couple of causes of childhood obesity. Health effects of childhood obesity...
Compulsive Overeating vs. Binge Eating Disorder
Compulsive overeating is eating more than needed. Binge eating disorder involves recurrent episodes of compulsive eating, even...
Local ResourcesFind a local Psychiatrist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- Does Your Family Eat Out a Lot? Watch Your Blood Pressure
- Slow Down! Eating Too Fast Can Pile on the Pounds
- Trying Whole30 Diet? Watch Out for Weight Regain
- Say No to Yo-Yo Dieting
- How to Spot an Eating Disorder
- Slow and Steady Wins the Weight-Loss Race
- Are You Eating for the Wrong Reasons?
- Teasing Teens About Weight May Do Lasting Harm
- Stop Sabotaging Your Diet
- Are You Raising an 'Emotional Eater'?
- Stress Buster: Emotional Eating
- Many Women With Eating Disorders Do Recover, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Is Your Child an Emotional Eater?
- Teasing Girls About Weight May Cause Lasting Harm
- Food Rules for Toddlers May Lead to Healthy Eating Habits
- Kids' Obesity Risk Rises With Parents' Divorce: Study
- Magnetic Brain Stimulation Shows Promise Against Eating Disorders
- When Football Team Loses, Fans Reach for Junk Food
- Genetic Risks for Eating Disorders, Alcoholism May Be Connected
- Urging Your Partner to Diet May Backfire
- Health Tip: Avoid Emotional Eating
- Health Tip: Curb Late-Night Snacking
- Life Transitions May Trigger Eating Disorders
- 'People Pleasers' More Prone to Overeating: Study
- Why Comfort Foods Are So Comforting
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter