Elbow pain is most often the result of tendinitis, which can affect the inner or outer elbow. Treatment includes ice, rest, and medication for inflammation. Inflammation, redness, warmth, swelling, tenderness, and decreased range of motion are other symptoms associated with elbow pain. Treatment for elbow pain depends upon the nature of the patient's underlying disease or condition. Read more: Elbow Pain Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Symptoms & Treatment
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)? Learn about juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Discover rheumatoid arthritis (RA) symptoms,...
Gout Attack Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Diet
Gout attacks (gouty arthritis) are caused by crystals of uric acid deposits. Learn about symptoms, causes, treatments and...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Exercises Slideshow: Joint-Friendly Fitness Routines
Regular exercise boosts fitness and helps reverse joint stiffness for people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Our experts offer...
Sports Injuries: Types, Treatments, and Prevention
Learn about common sports injuries types, treatments, and prevention. Can you heal a pulled muscle in the back, neck, lower back...
What Does It Mean When Your Whole Body Aches?
Body aches and pains can be disruptive and frustrating. Learn many chronic pain causes, including lupus, arthritis, fibromyalgia,...
Related Disease Conditions
Cellulitis is an acute spreading bacterial infection below the surface of the skin characterized by redness, warmth,...
A pinched nerve causes pain, numbness, or tingling in the affected area due to pressure on a nerve. Caral tunnel and sciatica are...
Broken Toe Symptoms, Signs, Treatment, and Healing Time
A broken toe is one of the most common fractures among individuals. There are many causes of a broken toe, whether it is the big...
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness...
A bursa is a fluid-filled sac found in the joints that cushions them. Bursitis is an inflammation of the bursae, most commonly...
Broken Bone (Types of Bone Fractures)
A broken bone is a fracture. There are different types of fractures, such as: compressed, open, stress, greenstick,...
Sprains and Strains
An injury to a ligament is called a sprain, and an injury to muscle or tendon is called a strain. Sprains and strains may be...
Septic arthritis, or infectious arthritis, is infection of one or more joints by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. Symptoms and signs...
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...
Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs and Ulcers
Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are prescribed medications for the treatment of inflammatory conditions. Examples of...
With osteochondritis dissecans, bone and its adjacent cartilage loses its blood supply. Though osteochondritis dissecans can...
Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
Tennis elbow is also known as lateral epicondylitis. Symptoms of tennis elbow include tenderness and dull pain of the outer...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: What is it?
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Effectiveness
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Indications
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Success
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Side Effects
- Chondroitin Sulfate &Glucosamine: Proper Use
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Other Use
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Benefits
- Chondroitin & Glucosamine & NSAID's
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Supervision
- Pain (Acute and Chronic)
- Tennis Elbow: What Is Tennis Elbow?
- Broken Bone Causes
- Ask the Experts - Rheumatology
Medications & Supplements
- Tramadol: for Pain (Ultram, Ultram ER, Conzip)
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Ibuprofen (Advil) vs. Naproxen (Aleve): Comparison of Differences
- naproxen (Aleve, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn)
- Oxycodone vs. Tramadol for Pain
- Ibuprofen vs. Meloxicam (Mobic) for Pain
- acetaminophen (Tylenol, Tylenol Arthritis Pain, Tylenol Ext, Little Fevers Children's Fever/Pain)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- celecoxib (Celebrex)
- codeine (for Pain)
- Acetaminophen vs. Ibuprofen for Pain (Differences in Side Effects and Dosage)
- Narcotic Pain Medications (Opioids, Analgesics, Narcotics)
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- Oxycodone for Pain (OxyContin, Roxicodone, Oxecta, Oxaydo, Xtampza ER, Roxybond)
- cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril, Amrix, Fexmid)
- Oxycodone vs. Hydrocodone
- Oxycodone vs. Codeine
- diclofenac, Voltaren, Cataflam, Voltaren-XR, Cambia
- Aleve (naproxen) vs. Celebrex (celecoxib)
- flurbiprofen (Ansaid is a discontinued brand)
- Tramadol (Ultram) Side Effects
- fenoprofen, Nalfon
- Aspirin vs. NSAIDs (Side Effect and Use Differences)
- hydromorphone (Dilaudid, Dilaudid-5, Dilaudid-HP Injection, Exalgo) for Pain
- Oxycodone vs. Vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) for Pain
- etodolac, Lodine (Discontinued)
- Percocet vs. Lortab for Pain
- hydrocodone (Zohydro ER)
- ketoprofen (Discontinued brands: Nexcede, Orudis, Oruvail, Actron)
- diflunisal, Dolobid
- choline magnesium salicylate, Trilisate
Prevention & Wellness
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter