Elbow pain is most often the result of tendinitis, which can affect the inner or outer elbow. Treatment includes ice, rest, and medication for inflammation. Inflammation, redness, warmth, swelling, tenderness, and decreased range of motion are other symptoms associated with elbow pain. Treatment for elbow pain depends upon the nature of the patient's underlying disease or condition. Read more: Elbow Pain Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Symptoms & Treatment
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)? Learn about juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Discover rheumatoid arthritis (RA) symptoms,...
Gout Attack Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Diet
Gout attacks (gouty arthritis) are caused by crystals of uric acid deposits. Learn about symptoms, causes, treatments and...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) Exercises Slideshow: Joint-Friendly Fitness Routines
Regular exercise boosts fitness and helps reverse joint stiffness for people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Our experts offer...
Sports Injuries: Types, Treatments, and Prevention
Learn about common sports injuries types, treatments, and prevention. Can you heal a pulled muscle in the back, neck, lower back...
Related Disease Conditions
Cellulitis is an acute spreading bacterial infection below the surface of the skin characterized by redness, warmth,...
A pinched nerve causes pain, numbness, or tingling in the affected area due to pressure on a nerve. Caral tunnel and sciatica are...
A broken toe is one of the most common fractures among individuals. There are many causes of a broken toe, whether it is the big...
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness...
A bursa is a fluid-filled sac found in the joints that cusions them. Bursitis is an inflammation of the bursae, most commonly...
Broken Bone (Types of Bone Fractures)
A broken bone is a fracture. There are different types of fractures, such as: compressed, open, stress, greenstick,...
Sprains and Strains
An injury to a ligament is called a sprain, and an injury to muscle or tendon is called a strain. Sprains and strains may be...
Septic arthritis, or infectious arthritis, is infection of one or more joints by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. Symptoms and signs...
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...
Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs and Ulcers
Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are prescribed medications for the treatment of inflammatory conditions. Examples of...
Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
Tennis elbow is also known as lateral epicondylitis. Symptoms of tennis elbow include tenderness and dull pain of the outer...
With osteochondritis dissecans, bone and its adjacent cartilage loses its blood supply. Though osteochondritis dissecans can...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Broken Bone Causes
- Tennis Elbow: What Is Tennis Elbow?
- Pain (Acute and Chronic)
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Side Effects
- Ask the Experts - Rheumatology
- Chondroitin Sulfate &Glucosamine: Proper Use
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Other Use
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Benefits
- Chondroitin & Glucosamine & NSAID's
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Supervision
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: What is it?
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Effectiveness
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Indications
- Chondroitin Sulfate & Glucosamine: Success
Medications & Supplements
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Tramadol: for Pain (Ultram, Ultram ER, Conzip)
- Narcotic Pain Medications (Opioids, Analgesics, Narcotics)
- naproxen, Anaprox, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Aleve
- acetaminophen (Tylenol, Tylenol Arthritis Pain, Tylenol Ext, Little Fevers Children's Fever/Pain)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- codeine (for Pain)
- cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril, Amrix, Fexmid)
- celecoxib, Celebrex
- diclofenac, Voltaren, Cataflam, Voltaren-XR, Cambia
- Oxycodone vs. Hydrocodone: Which Is Better for Pain?
- Oxycodone: for Pain (OxyContin, Roxicodone, Oxecta)
- aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, Bayer, Ecotrin, and others)
- Oxycodone vs. Tramadol for Pain
- hydromorphone (Dilaudid, Dilaudid-5, Dilaudid-HP Injection, Exalgo) for Pain
- etodolac, Lodine (Discontinued)
- Oxycodone vs. Vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) for Pain
- flurbiprofen (Ansaid is a discontinued brand)
- Percocet vs. Lortab for Pain
- diflunisal, Dolobid
- hydrocodone (Zohydro ER)
- ketoprofen (Discontinued brands: Nexcede, Orudis, Oruvail, Actron)
- fenoprofen, Nalfon
- Aspirin vs. NSAIDs (Side Effect and Use Differences)
- choline magnesium salicylate, Trilisate
- Tramadol (Ultram) Side Effects
Prevention & Wellness
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter