Pancreatic cancer does not show its signs and symptoms in its early stages. Only when it has grown large enough, it begins to exhibit its warning signs and symptoms. Symptoms of pancreatic cancer include jaundice (yellowing of the eyes and skin), belly or back pain, unintended weight loss, poor appetite, nausea and vomiting, enlarged gallbladder or liver, deep vein thrombosis or DVT (blood clots in a large vein, usually in the leg), and diabetes. Read more: What Are the Early Warning Signs of Pancreatic Cancer? Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Understanding Cancer: Metastasis, Stages of Cancer, and More
Learn the basics about cancer including types, causes, how it spreads, symptoms and signs, stages and treatment options. Read...
Pancreatic Cancer Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Learn about pancreatic cancer signs, symptoms, causes, statistics, treatment and side effects (chemotherapy, radiation, surgery,...
Signs of Cancer in Women: Symptoms You Can't Ignore
Colon and stomach cancer symptoms can surprise women but can be treated if detected early. Learn about breast cancer signs and...
Cancer-Fighting Foods: Resveratrol, Green Tea, and More
Experts have praised certain foods for their ability to reduce cancer risks. Learn which foods and eating strategies may help...
Cancer: Guide to Leukemia
Learn about the common types and stages of leukemia, who gets it, symptoms, tests, treatments, and more. People with blood cancer...
Cancer: Visual Guide to Thyroid Cancer
Find out the symptoms of thyroid cancer, and learn how to treat it after you get a diagnosis.
Cancer: Symptoms of Common Cancers in Men
Can men get breast cancer? Cancer symptoms men need to watch out for include skin changes, difficulty swallowing, rapid weight...
Top 10 Cancers Quiz
Take this quiz to learn the causes of cancer. Get the facts about the causes, symptoms, and treatments for the world's most...
Cancer: How to Lower and Cut Your Risk of Cancer
About a third of all cases of cancer can be prevented. Find out how to lower your chances of getting it.
Picture of Pancreatic Cancer
An abdominal CT scan shows a small, vaguely seen 2-cm pancreatic adenocarcinoma (mass) causing obstruction of both the common...
Picture of Pancreatic Cancer Tumor
This is a gross section of a malignant tumor of the pancreas resected from the pancreatic body and tail. See a picture of...
Cancer: Does This Cause Cancer?
Everything gives you cancer, right? Not really. WebMD's slide show tells you about the research into cancer and cell phones,...
Cancer: Cancer 'Remedies' That Don't Work
You may have read about an all-natural cure for cancer. While many therapies are helpful, some aren't worth your time or money....
Related Disease Conditions
Pancreatic cancer is a malignant tumor of the pancreas. Pancreatic cancer has been called a "silent" disease because early pancreatic cancer usually does not cause early symptoms. Typically, pancreatic cancer has metastasized (spread to adjacent organs, such as the liver) by the time most people receive a dignosis of pancreatic cancer. Symptoms and signs usually appear later in the course of the disease and include jaundice, back pain, nausea, weight loss, itching, and loss of appetite. Treatment depends upon the type of pancreatic cancer but may include surgery, chemotherapy, and/or radiation therapy.
Second Source article from Government
Is Pancreatic Cancer Back Pain Constant?
Cancer of the the pancreas is called pancreatic cancer. Pain in the upper abdomen and back is commonly seen in those who have pancreatic cancer. The back pain is generally not constant.
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Cancer Survival and Attitude with Hamilton Jordan
- Cancer: Confronting Cancer with Humor
- Cancer: Journaling to Save Your Life
- Cancer Treatment: Writing to Heal with Margie Davis
- Cancer: The Importance of Joining a Cancer Support Group with Selma Schimmel
- Cancer and Green Tea
- Cancer Pain Management with Ann Reiner
- Cancer Research: Going the Distance
- Cancer Patients Need Proper Diet and Exercise
- Cancer: Living Well Despite with Win Boerckel
- Cancer: Emotional Aftershocks: When Cancer Comes Back 10/30/02
- Cancers: Children's Cancers
- Cancer: Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Cancer FAQs
- How Long Does a Person Live with Pancreatic Cancer?
- Cancer,Stroke & Heart Attack Risks- ReducedThrough Walking
- Cancer Care in the Elderly
- Cancer Survivor?
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
- Pancreatic Cancer, the Silent Disease
- What Is the Number One Cause of Cancer?
- Complementary and Alternative Cancer Treatments
- 10 Cancer Symptoms That Men Ignore
- Cancer Prevention: The Anticancer Diet