Patient Comments: Ear Infection (Otitis Media) - Symptoms

What were the symptoms associated with an ear infection in you or your child? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: BHBURNIE, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I"ve been having something like pressure shooting through my ears for about 2 years. It"s gotten real bad now it's causing me to lose sleep at night or when I try to sleep in a chair, with my head bent to the side. As soon as lay down it starts. I have to keep moving from side to side until I lay on my back, sometimes it starts then. But then I have a lot of belching and then this pressure starts. It's like you take your hand and press your ear lobes in and you feel the air and noise. I am now with a doctor, he's going to put tube in there and see if it works. I am supposed to have Meniere's disease.

Comment from: whitewater, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 29

I had a severe middle ear infection that wasn't painful, but felt like the side of my head was lopsided. I could barely hear out of my ear. I took the medicine my doctor prescribed for 10 days and still felt sick – even vomited. After about a month it got better, but it was a very unpleasant.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter