Patient Comments: Dry Skin - Products

Everyone has a favorite product to help soothe dry skin. What do you recommend? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Tenngarden, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 15

I've had winter rash on my shins for years. Itchy, bumpy from October to April. Moisturizers do not really help, sometimes made worse. My best solution is hemorrhoid cream (not ointment). Spread it on affected area thickly, and let sit on skin as it absorbs. Do this at bedtime. Wear loose pajama pants or nightshirt. Apply every night and even during the day before dressing. It will dry up rash and relieve itching. Once rash is under control, use a high quality, super fatted, unscented moisturizer on a regular basis. If rash reappears, and it will, start hemorrhoid cream again. Vagisil also works but is a little more expensive.

Comment from: Thymless79, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

I swear by pure coconut oil to soothe dry skin. It works like a charm. Just apply it after a bath or shower, to damp skin.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Skin Care & Conditions Newsletter