Drug addiction is a chronic disease that causes drug-seeking behavior and drug use despite negative consequences to the user and those around him. Though the initial decision to use drugs is voluntary, changes in the brain caused by repeated drug abuse can affect a person's self-control and ability to make the right decisions and increase the urge to take drugs. Drug abuse and addiction are preventable. Read more: Drug Abuse Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Learn to Spot Depression: Symptoms, Warning Signs, Medication
What is depression? Get information on symptoms, signs, tests, and treatments for many types of depression including major...
Addicted to Pills: The Health Risks of Drug Abuse
What is drug abuse? Learn about prescription drug abuse and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs, including depressants, pain relievers,...
Schizophrenia: Symptoms, Types, Causes, Treatment
What is schizophrenia? Learn about schizophrenia symptoms, signs, and treatment. Read about schizophrenia types such as paranoid...
Depression Myths: Overwork, Recklessness and More in Pictures
Explore the myths and facts about depression. See how folk remedies and half-truths still prevent many from getting treatment for...
Teen Drama: Handling Mean Girls, Cyber Bullying, and Sexting
Being a teenage girl comes with a variety of challenges. Here are tips on dealing with dating, sexting, cyber bullying, mean...
Teen Drug Abuse: Warning Signs, Statistics, and Facts
Teen drug abuse is a growing concern today. Learn statistics, facts, warning signs, and effects related to teen substance abuse...
Prescription Drug Abuse: Know The Warning Signs
Learn about prescription drug abuse facts and statistics about the dangers and misconceptions of abusing common prescription...
Understanding Medical Marijuana: Laws, Uses, Safety
What is medical marijuana (MMJ)? Learn about THC, CBD, and other cannabinoids, learn about marijuana scheduling, state laws for...
Related Disease Conditions
Second Source article from Government...
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) causes HIV infection and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Symptoms and signs...
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...
Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. There are many potential underlying...
Schizophrenia is a disabling brain disorder that may cause hallucinations and delusions and affect a person's ability to...
Steroid Drug Withdrawal
Corticosteroid drugs such as prednisone and prednisolone are commonly used to treat asthma, allergic reactions, RA, and IBD....
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Mycobacterium tuberculosis is the bacterium that causes tuberculosis (TB). Symptoms and signs of TB include bloody sputum, fever,...
Hepatitis C (HCV, Hep C)
Hepatitis C is an inflammation of the liver due to the hepatitis C virus (HCV), which is usually spread by blood transfusion,...
Microcephaly is a genetic condition where the circumference of the head is smaller than normal due to underdeveloped brain....
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension) Causes, Symptoms, Signs, Readings, and Treatments
Low blood pressure, also referred to as hypotension, is blood pressure that is so low that it causes symptoms or signs due to the...
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (Symptoms, Repair, Surgery, Survival Rate)
Abdominal aortic aneurysm is a ballooning or widening of the main artery (the aorta) as it courses down through the abdomen. Most...
Teenagers recognize that they are developmentally between child and adult. Teen health prevention includes maintaining a healthy...
Approximately 40 million children suffer abuse every year around the world, and more than 1,500 children die of abuse in the U.S....
Nosebleeds are common in dry climates during winter months, and in hot dry climates with low humidity. People taking blood...
Brain aneurysm (cerebral aneurysm) is caused by microscopic damage to artery walls, infections of the artery walls, tumors,...
Alcoholism is a disease that includes alcohol craving and continued drinking despite repeated alcohol-related problems, such as...
Botulism is an illness caused by a neurotoxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. There are three types of botulism:...
Smoking (How to Quit Smoking)
Smoking is an addiction. More than 430,000 deaths occur each year in the U.S. from smoking related illnesses. Secondhand smoke or...
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), a psychiatric condition, can develop after any catastrophic life event. Symptoms include...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Hepatitis B (HBV, Hep B)
The hepatitis B virus (HBV, hep B) is a unique, coated DNA virus belonging to the Hepadnaviridae family of viruses. The course of...
Chronic pain is pain (an unpleasant sense of discomfort) that persists or progresses over a long period of time. In contrast to...
Date Rape Drugs
Date rape drugs such as GHB, rohypnol, and ketamine are sometimes used to assist in a sexual assault. Symptoms and signs of...
Bipolar disorder (or manic depression) is a mental illness characterized by depression, mania, and severe mood swings. Treatment...
Suicide is the process of intentionally ending one's own life. Approximately 1 million people worldwide commit suicide each year,...
Antisocial Personality Disorder
Antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) has many symptoms, signs, and causes. Therapy is one treatment option for antisocial...
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
Borderline personality disorder is a serious mental illness characterized by pervasive instability in moods, interpersonal...
Cocaine and Crack Abuse
Cocaine is an addictive stimulant that is smoked, snorted, and injected. Crack is cocaine that comes in a rock crystal that is...
Learning disabilities can cause an individual to have trouble learning and using skills such as reading, listening, writing,...
Get the latest marijuana statistics and information. Learn its effects and how this drug, also known as pot, affects the brain....
Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a dramatic personality disorder that is characterized by a distorted self-image,...
Job Stress and Your Health
Early warning signs of job stress include headache, sleep disturbance, difficulty in concentrating, short temper, upset stomach,...
Mental health is an optimal way of thinking, relating to others, and feeling. All of the diagnosable mental disorders fall under...
Portal hypertension is most commonly caused by cirrhosis, a disease in which results from scarring of a liver injury. Other...
Depression in Children
Childhood depression can interfere with social activities, interests, schoolwork and family life. Symptoms and signs include...
Sexual Problems (Sex) in Women
Sexual dysfunction refers to a problem that arises during any phase of the sexual response cycle, preventing an individual or...
The term sex addiction describes the behavior of someone who has an unusually strong sex drive or sexual obsession. Sex and...
Factitious disorders are conditions in which people pretend to have physical or mental illnesses when they aren't sick. These...
Psychotic disorders are a group of serious illnesses that affect the mind. Different types of psychotic disorders include...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
Hypersomnia is a condition where a person has excessive daytime sleepiness and trouble staying awake during the day. Treatment...
Dysthymia is a less severe form of chronic depression. Symptoms and signs include insomnia, suicidal thoughts, guilt, empty...
ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome)
Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) is a lung condition in which trauma to the lungs leads to inflammation of the lungs,...
Alcohol and Teens
Alcohol is the most frequently used drug by American teenagers. Teens that drink are more likely to drive under the influence,...
Teen Drug Abuse
Drugs commonly abused by teens include tobacco products, marijuana, cold medications, inhalants, depressants, stimulants,...
Domestic violence, or intimate partner abuse, is when one person in an intimate relationship uses any means to control the other...
Leishmaniasis is a disease caused by the bite of an infected sand fly. The most common types of leishmania infection are...
Anabolic steroids are synthetic substances that are related to testosterone and promote skeletal muscle growth and the...
Aortic dissection is a small tear in the large blood vessel that leads from the heart and supplies blood to the body. There are...
Nicotine is delivered to the brain through smoking, chewing, or sniffing tobacco. Nicotine is an addictive agent. Common names...
Septic arthritis, or infectious arthritis, is infection of one or more joints by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. Symptoms and signs...
Shaken Baby Syndrome (Abusive Head Trauma)
Shaken baby syndrome, or abusive head trauma, is the condition that describes the symptoms and signs that result from the violent...
Hyothermia or extreme exposure to cold can be classified as either accidental hypothermia (unintentional cold exposure) and...
Rhabdomyolysis is a rapid deterioration and destruction of skeletal muscle. Some of the causes of rhabdomyolysis include:...
Osteomyelitis is an infection of the bone. Potential causes include injections around the bone, fractures that puncture the skin,...
Munchausen syndrome is a factitious disorder and attention-seeking syndrome in which an individual pretends to have physical or...
Chewing Tobacco (Smokeless Tobacco, Snuff)
Chewing tobacco (snuff or smokeless tobacco) has more nicotine absorbed into the system than by smoking a cigarette. Chewing...
Bipolar Disorder in Children and Teens
Bipolar disorder, or manic-depressive illness, is a disorder that causes unusual and extreme mood changes. Symptoms of bipolar...
Compulsive gambling is a disorder that affects millions in the U.S. Symptoms and signs include a preoccupation with gambling,...
A brain hemorrhage is a type of stroke caused when an artery bursts in the brain, causing localized bleeding in the surrounding...
Bronchiectasis (Symptoms, Causes, Complications, Life Expectancy)
Bronchiectasis has three types, 1) cylindrical bronchiectasis, 2) saccular or varicose bronchiectasis, and 3) cystic...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Ecstasy (MDMA), Rohypnol, ketamine and GHB are a few of the different types of drugs abused at bars, raves and parties. Rohypnol...
Khat (Abyssinian tea, African salad, oat, kat, chat, and catha) is a flowering evergreen shrub native to East Africa and the...
Sleep paralysis is a condition that causes a person to feel as if he or she is awake but is unable to move. Lack of sleep, sleep...
Brain Damage: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
Brain damage causes destruction or deterioration of brain cells. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and acquired brain injury (ABI) are...
Ingredients of the drug bath salts include mephedrone, methylone, MDPV, or MDPK. Feeling high and sexually stimulated are...
13 Tips for Parenting a Teen With ADHD
Parenting a teenager who has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can be challenging. Parents can use specific...
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in Teens
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in teens is a disruption of neurocognitive functioning. Genetics contribute to...
Postherpetic neuralgia (PHN) is a painful complication of shingles. Symptoms include severe pain, itchy skin, and possible...
Fungal arthritis is inflammation of a joint by a fungus that has invaded the body and is growing in the normally sterile joint....
Is Hepatitis C Contagious?
Hepatitis C or hep C causes acute and chronic liver disease. Hep C is a form of liver disease with symptoms like: fatigue,...
Medical Marijuana (Medical Cannabis)
Medical marijuana (medical cannabis) is a medicine that is plant based. There are two species of medical marijuana; 1) Cannabis...
Flakka (also known as "bath salts" or a number of other slang names) is a dangerous synthetic or "designer" drug. Users take it...
Hepatitis C Cure (Symptoms, Transmission, Treatments, and Cost)
Hepatitis is inflammation of the liver. There are a variety of toxins, diseases, illicit drugs, medications, bacterial and viral...
HIV vs. AIDS
Human immunodeficiency virus causes HIV infection. Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) is a condition that results after...
Local ResourcesFind a local Psychiatrist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Cold Fingers
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Substance Abuse: Dealing with Substance Abuse
- Drug Abuse Prevention: Putting a Halt to Huffing
- Drug Addicition: Meth
- Memory Loss
- Nasal Congestion
- Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
- Loss of Temperature Sensation
- Altered Mental Status
- Decreased Appetite
- Difficulty With Speech
- Vocal Outbursts
- Difficulty Concentrating
- Dark Circles Under the Eyes
- Low Libido
- Unsteady Gait
- Pale Skin
- Dilated Pupils (Mydriasis)
- Shaking Hands (Hand Tremors)
- Poor Hygiene
- Unusual Behavior
- Inability to Regulate Emotions
- Mood Swings
- Huffing: Is Your Child or Teen Huffing (Inhalant Abuse)?
- Steroid Abuse
- Alcohol & Stress: At Risk for Alcoholism?
- Heroin Addiction and Predictors of Relapse
- HIV Transmission and Progression to AIDS Continues
- Mental Health: Questions to Ask When Choosing a Provider and Doctor
- Prescription Drug Abuse
- Dangers of Mixing Medications
- Emphysema from Crack Cocaine?
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy - Changing the Way We Think and React
- Drug Abuse: Low Self-Esteem & Drug Abuse in Boys
- Catherine Zeta-Jones: A Case of Bipolar II Disorder
- Michael Jackson's Death: propofol (Diprivan) FAQ
- Stress: The Long-Term Effects
Medications & Supplements
- codeine (for Pain)
- gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise, Horizant, Fanatrex FusePag) Side Effects, Dosage, and Abuse
- Percocet (oxycodone and acetaminophen, Roxicet, Tylox, Oxycet)
- propoxyphene, Darvon, Darvon-N, Dolene
- clonidine (Catapres, Catapres-TTS)
- Oxycodone for Pain (OxyContin, Roxicodone, Oxecta, Oxaydo, Xtampza ER, Roxybond)
- amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, Adderall, Adderall XR
- hydrocodone and ibuprofen, Vicoprofen
- montelukast, Singulair
- Antabuse (disulfiram) for Treating Alcoholism
- naltrexone hcl - oral
- methadone - injection, Dolophine
- methadone dispersible tablet - oral, Methadose
- methadone concentrate - oral, Methadose
- methadone (Dolophine; Methadone HCl Intensol; Methadose; Methadose Sugar-Free)
- methadone, Dolophine, Methadone HCl Intensol, Methadose, Methadose Sugar-Free
- buprenorphine - sublingual, Subutex
- buprenorphine/naloxone - sublingual, Suboxone, Zubsolv
- naloxone (Narcan, Evzio, Narcan Nasal Spray)
- Oxycodone vs. Hydrocodone
- Oxycodone vs. Vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) for Pain
- Hypnotics (for Sleep)
- Hydrocodone vs. Hydromorphone (Differences between Side Effects)
- Lyrica vs. Gabapentin: Differences between Pain Relief and Uses
- Benzodiazepines vs. Narcotics (Opioids)
Prevention & Wellness
- Test Strips for Fentanyl May Help Prevent ODs
- Recreational Marijuana Now Legal in Canada
- Many Young Drug Abusers Not Tested for Hepatitis C, Study Finds
- A Couple's Tough Trek Back From Opioid Addiction
- Rat Poison in Synthetic Pot Can Kill Users: Report
- Gender 'Nonconformity' Takes Mental Toll on Teens
- Coffee Shop Workers on Front Lines of Opioid Crisis
- Opioid Overdose Crisis May Have Begun Decades Ago
- Reports Warn of Growing Opioid Crisis Among Seniors
- Opioid Crisis Driving Decline in U.S. Life Expectancy: CDC
- Drug Users Trying to Stay Ahead of Deadly Fentanyl
- U.S. Senate Passes Opioids Bill
- Hospitals May Overprescribe Blood Pressure Meds, Study Finds
- 'No Documented Reason' for 1 in 3 Outpatient Opioid Rxs: Study
- Naloxone Nasal Spray Works Best to Stop Opioid OD: Study
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Monkey Trials Raise Hope for Non-Addictive Opioid Alternative
- States Struggle With Onslaught of Opioid OD Deaths
- U.S. Deaths From Suicide, Drugs Surpass Diabetes
- As U.S. Kids Take More Meds, Dangerous Drug Mixes Could Rise
- Government Rules Aimed at Curbing Opioid Prescriptions May Have Backfired
- U.S. Overdose Deaths Reach Record High
- More Opioid Users Getting Treatment Since Medicaid Expansion
- U.S. Overdose Deaths Reach Record High
- U.S. Opioid Epidemic Fueling Life Expectancy Decline
- Number of Opioid-Addicted Women Giving Birth Quadruples
- Doctors Write Fewer Opioid Scripts After Learning of Overdose Death
- Opioid Addicts Turning to Unapproved Antidepressant to Get High
- Most Seniors Uninformed on Opioid Use
- Illicit Use of ADHD Meds Won't Boost Grades: Study
- Demi Lovato in Hospital After Drug Overdose
- Treatment for Opioid Abuse Grows, but Many on Medicaid Don't Receive It
- Death Certificate Data May Miss Many Opioid ODs: Study
- Trump Carried Counties With High Opioid Use: Study
- Have Insurers Played a Role in Opioid Crisis?
- Native American Teens at Higher Risk for Substance Abuse
- Kids Are Overdosing on Med Meant to Fight Opioid Addiction
- If Opioid Addicts Survive OD, Other Hazards Lie Ahead: Study
- Meds Can Cut Deaths From Opioid Abuse, But Too Few Get Them
- Sex, Drugs Hold Less Allure for Today's High Schoolers
- When DEA Cracked Down on Opioids, Abusers Moved to Black Market: Study
- First Generic Under-the-Tongue Opioid Addiction Treatment Approved by FDA
- High Schoolers on Heroin Abuse Other Drugs, Too
- Opioid Antidote Naloxone Recalled
- Opioids Behind 1 in 5 Deaths of Young U.S. Adults
- Pot, Opioids Now Rival Alcohol as Factor in Driver Deaths
- Overdoses on ADHD Drugs May Be Rising
- Boys' Early Pot Use Linked to Adult Drug Abuse
- FDA Approves First Non-Opioid for Withdrawal
- 6 States Sue Opioid Maker Purdue, Claiming Company Helped Spur Overdoses
- Alcohol, Tobacco Cause More Health Harm Than Illegal Drugs
- Walmart Announces New Measures to Cut Opioid Abuse
- Programs That Monitor Opioid Painkillers May Drive Some to Heroin
- Racial Divide Narrows in Opioid Prescribing in U.S.
- Fentanyl Now Drives Drug Overdose Deaths in U.S.
- Another Harm From the Opioid Epidemic: More Heart Infections
- Unused Meds? Saturday Is National Drug Take Back Day
- Addictive Opioids Still Overprescribed After Surgery: Study
- Is Your Waiter Stoned? Study Finds Pot Use Highest Among Restaurant Workers
- Opioid Painkiller Hashtags Blocked on Instagram
- Marijuana Side Effect That's on The Rise Can be Eased With Hot Shower: Study
- Dance Club Scene Rife With Opioid Abuse
- Addicts Should Be Trained to Give OD Antidote, Study Finds
- More People Need to Carry Opioid OD Antidote: U.S. Surgeon General
- Could Medical Pot Help Curb the Opioid Abuse Crisis?
- Dozens of Cases of Severe Bleeding in Illinois Linked to Synthetic Pot
- ER Docs Prescribe More Opioids Than They Realize
- Global Antibiotic Use Soars as Resistance Fears Rise
- Bug Spray-Doused Drug Overdoses on the Rise in Indianapolis
- U.S. Opioid ODs Cluster in Centers of Poverty
- Illegal Online Purchases of Pot on the Rise
- Study Debunks Link Between Tamiflu and Teen Suicide
- Opioid ODs Outpacing Other 'Deaths of Despair'
- Certain Teens More Likely to Get Hooked on Opioids
- Health Tip: Prevent an Accidental Drug Overdose
- ER Visits for Opioid Overdoses Soaring: CDC
- Hip-Hop Music Blamed for Encouraging Drug Use
- More U.S. Kids Landing in ICU From Opioids
- Have Smartphones, Pot Become Deadly for Pedestrians?
- Herbal Drug Kratom Linked to Salmonella Illnesses, CDC Says
- Mouse Study Another Step Toward 'Heroin Vaccine'
- Long-Term Opioid Use Down Among U.S. Vets: Study
- San Francisco to Open First 'Safe Injection Sites' in U.S.
- Opioids Aren't America's Only Painkiller Problem
- How to Avoid Opioid Addiction After Surgery
- Responding to Opioid Crisis, FDA Puts More Restrictions on Imodium
- FDA Warns Companies Over Illegal Opioid Addiction/Withdrawal Products
- Philadelphia Officials Propose Safe Injection Sites
- Governors Call on Trump to do More to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Opioid Epidemic Also Taking Toll on Babies
- The Opioid Crisis' Hidden Victims: Children in Foster Care
- U.S. Life Expectancy Drops as Opioid Deaths Surge
- Heroin Vaccine Blunts Drug's Effect in Animals
- Drug May Help Surgical Patients Stop Opioids Sooner
- Often, Opioid Abuse Becomes a Family Affair
- U.S. Courts, Jails Could Be Key Players in Curbing Opioid Abuse
- Steep Rise in Deaths for People Hospitalized After Opioid OD
- Once-Monthly Injection Approved for Opioid Addiction
- Cops on 'Spice' Raids Getting High by Accident
- Another Opioid Scourge: Dangerous Infections
- 'Pill Mill' Docs Only Partly to Blame for Opioid Epidemic
- Chronic Pain Common Among Those Who OD on Opioids
- Opioid Crisis Hitting Boomers, Millennials Hardest
- Opioid Epidemic Cost the U.S. Half a Trillion in 2015: Report
- Teens' Painkiller Misuse Linked to Dating Violence
- Is Meth Use Destroying Vets' Hearts?
- Top Anti-Opioid Meds Are Equally Safe, Effective
- Health Tip: Spread Awareness of the Opioid Epidemic
- Doctors Prescribing Too Many Opioids After Nose Jobs
- 'Drug Courts,' Treatment Focus of New White House Opioid Strategy
- Tiny Opioid Victims: Addicted Moms-to-Be Transmit Hepatitis C
- Trump Declares Opioid Epidemic a Public Health Emergency
- Opioid Addiction a Danger After Weight-Loss Surgery
- Drug OD Rate Now Higher in Rural U.S. Than Cities: CDC
- U.S. Opioid Painkiller Abuse May Be Leveling Off
- Medicare Could Do More to Stem Opioid Epidemic
- Rapid Test for Meth Abuse May Be Near
- Heroin Taking Bigger Share of U.S. Opioid ODs
- ERs Prescribing Opioids at Lower Doses, Shorter Durations
- CDC Launches Opioid Campaign in Hard-Hit States
- CVS to Restrict Opioid Painkiller Prescription Amounts
- Addictive Opioids Common for People on Dialysis
- Booze Often Glorified On YouTube Videos
- Opioid ODs Have Cut Into U.S. Life Expectancy: CDC
- App to Help Treat Substance Abuse Approved
- More U.S. Kids Landing in ER With Opioid Addiction
- What You Can Do to Help Fight the Opioid Epidemic
- Fentanyl Drives Rise in Opioid-Linked Deaths in U.S.
- Many Migraine Sufferers Given Unnecessary Opioids, Study Finds
- Meth Abuse Could Up Stroke Risk in Younger Users
- Longer Prescriptions Make Opioid Abuse More Likely: Study
- Many Prescribed Opioids Even After Overdose
- Hospitals Not to Blame for Most Opioid Addiction: Study
- Fatal Opioid ODs on the Rise Among U.S. Teens
- Trump to Declare Opioid Crisis a National Emergency
- Opioid Overdoses and Deaths Flooding U.S. Hospitals
- Alcohol Use, Abuse on the Rise in U.S.
- U.S. Opioid Crisis Continues to Worsen
- '12-Step' Strategy Boosts Success of Teen Drug Abuse Program
- U.S. Teen Suicide Rates Continue to Rise
- Prosecutors Deployed to Fight U.S. Drug Abuse Epidemic
- Addiction Drug Underused by Primary Care Docs in U.S.
- 2 of 3 U.S. Patients Keep Unused Painkillers After Surgery
- Is Infant Drug Withdrawal Likelier When Opioids Used With Psychiatric Drugs?
- Policy Changes Reduced Use of Certain Prescription Opioids: Study
- Doctors Still Overprescribing Opioids in U.S.
- 7-Fold Spike Seen in Opioid-Linked Fatal Car Crashes
- Opioid Abuse Down in Younger Americans, But Up Among Older Adults
- Opioid Addiction Treatment During Pregnancy Can be Safe
- Treating ADHD May Help Curb Later Drinking, Drug Problems
- 10-Year-Old Florida Boy May Be Young Victim of Opioid Epidemic
- Tuskegee Syphilis Study Descendents Group Seeks Remaining Settlement Money
- Ending U.S. Opioid Abuse Epidemic Will Take Years: Report
- Painkiller Misuse Remains a Pressing Problem Across U.S.
- Painkiller Prescriptions More Prone to Errors If Handwritten
- U.S. Opioid Prescriptions Fall, But Numbers Still High: CDC
- Half of Opioid Prescriptions Go to People With Mental Illness
- More Research Shows Big Surge in U.S. Opioid Use, Addictions
- No Emergency Medical Help for Third Overdose: Ohio Councilman
- Opioid-Linked Hospitalizations Rising Fastest for Women: Study
- Opioid Abuse Jumps 6-Fold for U.S. Youth, Too Few Get Treated: Study
- Cocaine, Other Drugs Detected in Carrie Fisher's System After Her Death
- Medical Costs Soar for U.S. Babies Born Addicted to Opioids
- Pot Plus Booze: A Deadly Mix Behind the Wheel
- Addicts Try to Avoid Deadly Fentanyl, But Many Tragically Fail
- As U.S. Heroin Use Reaches 20-Year High, Cost to Society Soars
- Tennessee Prosecutors Sue Opioid Painkiller Makers
- Nearly 10 Million U.S. Adults Suffer From Mental Illness
- Heart Infections Spike as Injection-Drug Abuse Climbs: CDC
- FDA Asks Maker of Opioid Painkiller Opana ER to Pull Drug From Market
- Heroin Vaccine Blocks Drug High in Tests on Monkeys
- Unknown Street Drug Linked to Four Deaths in Georgia
- Did a 1980 Letter Help Spark the U.S. Opioid Crisis?
- Meth Addicts' Hearts May Improve If They Quit
- Checking Patient's Drug History May Help Curb Opioid Abuse
- New FDA Head Outlines 'Forceful Steps' Against Opioid Crisis
- Seizures of Fentanyl-Containing Drugs More Than Double: DEA
- 1 in 4 Americans Knows Someone Hooked on Opioids: Poll
- Anabolic Steroids May Tax the Heart
- Fewer U.S. Teens Are Boozing It Up
- It's Often Family to the Rescue During Opioid ODs
- Fewer U.S. High School Students Drink, CDC Finds
- High Rates of Hepatitis C in Pregnancy Mirror Opioid Epidemic: CDC
- 'I'm Not a Bad Drunk, But He Is'
- Pot a Factor in More ER Admissions for Colorado Teens After Legalization
- Bullied in 5th Grade, Prone to Drug Abuse by High School
- Babies Born Addicted to Opioids Often Struggle With Learning
- Drugs Now Involved in More Fatal U.S. Crashes Than Alcohol Alone
- Opioid Use by Iraq, Afghanistan War Vets Mirrors Rest of U.S.: Study
- Higher Illicit Pot Use in States That OK Medical Marijuana: Study
- Opioid-Related Deaths Might Be Underestimated: CDC
- Opioid Abusers at Higher Death Risk When Addiction Specialists Not Part of Care
- Cherokee Nation Sues Drug Distributors, Retailers Over Opioid Crisis
- College Now the Place to Try Pot: Study
- Las Vegas Could Be First U.S. City to Install Needle Vending Machines
- For the Young, Cigarettes Go Better With Booze Than Pot
- Pot Smoking Common Among Pregnant Teens: Survey
- Another Downside to Unemployment: Stroke Risk?
- Congressman Tom Marino to be New U.S. Drug Czar
- Many Opioid Addictions Surface After Surgery, Study Finds
- Club Drug 'Poppers' May Pose Eye Dangers
- Rehab Services Lacking in States Hit Hard by Opioids
- 'Surprise' Designer Drugs Detected in NYC Hair Samples
- Painkiller Maker Settles With U.S. Government
- Heroin Epidemic Expands Its Grip on America
- More Older Women Hitting the Bottle Hard
- Kids Peppered With Pot Ads
- Trump on Health: Opioids, Health Care and NIH Funding Cuts
- Smoking Slows Recovery From Drug Abuse
- Substance Abuse Taxes the American Workplace
- Drinking, Drug Abuse Doubles Veterans' Suicide Risk: Study
- Opioid Painkillers and Xanax or Valium a Deadly Mix: Study
- 7 in 10 U.S. Workplaces Hit by Opioid Abuse: Survey
- 'Synthetic Pot' Tied to Risky Sex, Violence and Drug Abuse in Teens
- Longer Addiction Treatment Is Better, Study Confirms
- VA Boosting Efforts to Prevent Opioid Thefts
- Many Opioid Addicts in Treatment Take Narcotics on the Side
- Drug OD Deaths Have Nearly Tripled Since 1999: CDC
- Kids' OD Risk Rises When Opioids Left Out at Home
- Some Docs May Help Fuel Opioid Abuse Epidemic
- Amphetamine Abuse Abuses the Heart
- Opioids and Alcohol a Dangerous Cocktail
- West Virginia Distributing More Than 8,000 Opioid Antidote Kits
- Small Study Links E-Cigarettes to Potential Heart Trouble
- Steep Price Increases for Opioid Overdose Antidote
- Gene May Help Guide Black Patients' Opioid Addiction Treatment
- Steep Rise in Births to U.S. Women Using Opioids
- Does Legalizing Pot Spur Kids to Try It?
- Innovative Programs Help Addicts Get Off Opioids
- Drug Overdose Deaths Climb Dramatically in U.S.
- Fentanyl Overdose Deaths Double in a Year
- Pot Use in Pregnancy on the Upswing, Study Finds
- Life After Juvenile Detention Isn't Easy, Especially for Minorities
- Opioid Overdoses Burden U.S. Hospitals: Report
- NYC 'Zombie' Outbreak Highlights Dangers of Synthetic Drug
- Obama Signs Sweeping Health Care Bill Into Law
- Rural Hospitals See Surge in Opioid-Dependent Babies
- Most Teen Smokers Also Turn to Alcohol, Drugs, Study Finds
- What You Need to Know When Prescribed an Opioid Painkiller
- Drug Use by U.S. Teens Drops to All-Time Low
- Congress Passes Sweeping Health Care Bill
- Rising Price of Opioid OD Antidote Could Cost Lives: Study
- Use of Needle Exchange Programs Up Dramatically in 10 Years: CDC
- U.S. Surgeon General Declares War on Addiction
- Heavy Drinking While Young May Mean Hefty Health Tab Later
- Pueblo, Colorado, May Push Back on Legal Pot
- Opioid Overdoses Have Nearly Tripled Among Kids, Teens
- Alcohol, Drugs a Poor Halloween Mix
- Saturday, Oct. 22 Is Drug Take Back Day
- Trauma Patients Not to Blame for Opioid Epidemic: Study
- Mixed News on Drug Abuse Among Lesbian, Gay Americans
- U.S. Life Expectancy Lags Behind Other Wealthy Nations
- For Problem Drinkers, Experimental Drug Shows Promise
- DEA Puts Quota on Production of Opioid Painkillers
- Risk of Opioid Addiction Up 37 Percent Among Young U.S. Adults
- Countless Opioid Pills Unused by Dental-Surgery Patients
- Alcoholics May Lack Key Enzyme
- Opioid Epidemic Costs U.S. $78.5 Billion Annually: CDC
- What Is Kratom? Why Does the DEA Want to Ban It?
- Kids With Bipolar Disorder More Likely to Abuse Drugs, Alcohol: Study
- Do States With Medical Marijuana Have Less Opioid Abuse?
- Most on Opioid Painkillers OK With Getting Overdose Antidote: Survey
- College Students Using More Pot, Fewer Opioids
- Opioid Abuse Fueling Drug-Related Heart Infections: Study
- FDA: Opioids Plus Sedatives Pose Fatal OD Risk
- More U.S. Adults Using Marijuana Than Ever
- Amphetamines Polluting Some Urban Streams: Study
- Synthetic Fentanyl Fueling Surge in Overdose Deaths: CDC
- Veterans' Painkiller Abuse Can Raise Odds for Heroin Use
- Meds May Curb Risky Behaviors for Kids With ADHD
- U.S. College Kids Drink More, Smoke Less Than Others Their Age
- ADHD Common Among College Students Who Misuse Stimulant Drugs
- U.S. DEA Denies Request to Ease Federal Pot Rules
- Steep Rise in U.S. Babies Born to Opioid-Addicted Mothers
- Addiction Risk Low for Seniors Taking Post-Op Opioids: Study
- Keep Illicit Drugs, Booze Out of the Home to Lower Teens' Addiction Risk: Study
- Doctors Urged to Prescribe Lower Doses of Opioids, No Refills
- Fake Xanax Cut With Potent Pain Med Can Be a Killer
- U.S. Maternal Death Rate Is Rising
- Mental Illness May Make Teens Vulnerable to Drugs, Alcohol
- 1 in 5 Opioid Users Also Might Be Abusing Seizure Drug: Study
- Painkillers for Teen Athletes Won't Spur Addiction: Study
- Pain Raises Risk of Opioid Addiction
- Opioids by Injection May Drive HIV Outbreaks
- Implant Proves Effective at Combating Opioid Dependence
- Why Kicking the Opioid Habit Can Be So Tough
- Synthetic Pot Overdoses on the Rise in U.S.
- Cash Rewards Won't Change Outcomes for HIV-Infected Drug Addicts: Study
- Newly Released Inmates Account for 1 in 10 Fatal ODs
- Common Surgeries Raise Risk for Opioid Dependence: Study
- Giving OD Antidote to Those Using Powerful Painkillers Might Save Lives
- Programs to Spot Painkiller Abuse Work, But Are Underused
- Drug Monitoring Programs Do Curb Overdose Deaths: Study
- Opioid Update: Painkiller Misuse in U.S. Doubled in Decade
- Depression Plagues Many With COPD
- Prince Died From Potent Prescription Painkiller: Autopsy
- Prince Died From Fentanyl Overdose
- FDA Approves Implant to Battle Opioid Addiction
- Probuphine Implant Approved for Opioid Dependence
- Family Rejection Triples Risk for Suicide Attempts by Transgender People: Study
- Parents Often Don't Get Rid of Leftover Prescription Opioids
- Chronic Pain May Trigger Many Cases of Painkiller Addiction: Survey
- What a Change in DEA's Pot Rules Might Mean for Medical Research
- Addicts Using Diarrhea Drug Imodium to Get High
- Got Unwanted Pills? Drug Take-Back Day Is April 30
- Painkiller Addiction Relapse More Likely for Some
- Opioid Painkiller May Be New Treatment for Heroin Addicts
- Anti-Addiction Drug May Help Curb Painkiller, Heroin Dependence
- Vivitrol Cuts Relapse Risk in Opioid Addicts
- Antipsychotics Don't Ease Delirium in Hospitalized Patients
- Obama Seeks to Expand Opioid Addiction Treatment
- Nearly All U.S. Doctors 'Overprescribe' Addictive Narcotic Painkillers: Survey
- FDA Wants Generic Narcotic Painkillers to Be Abuse-Deterrent
- Young Transgender Women May Face Mental Health Woes
- CDC Issues Tough New Guidelines on Use of Prescription Painkillers
- Pennsylvania Study Shows Fatal Drug ODs Soaring
- Most Teens Who Abuse ADHD Meds Get Them From Others
- Smoking's Grip Adds to Misery of the Homeless
- Teens Who Tan Indoors May Be More Likely to Smoke, Drink, Use Drugs: Study
- Did Painkiller Crackdown Cause Heroin Epidemic?
- Could Doctor Bias Be Affecting Your Treatment?
- Spike in Newborn Drug-Withdrawal Tied to Prenatal Painkiller Use
- Opioids: What Patients -- and Doctors -- Think
- Florida 'Pill Mill' Crackdown May Have Curbed Painkiller ODs
- Drug Overdoses Hit Record High: CDC
- High School Seniors Now More Likely to Smoke Pot Than Cigarettes: Survey
- Primary Care Docs the Leading Prescribers of Narcotic Painkillers: Study
- Others' Drug, Alcohol Use May Trigger Bad Behavior in Teens
- Magnetic Brain Stimulation Might Treat Cocaine Addiction
- Seniors: The New Face of Addiction
- FDA Approves Nasal Spray to Reverse Narcotic Painkiller Overdose
- Drug Overdose Rates Soaring Among U.S. Youth
- Almost 1 in 10 Americans Has Lifelong Drug Problem
- Illegal Toad Venom 'Aphrodisiac' Linked to NYC Man's Death
- Prescription Drug Use on the Rise in U.S.
- Substance Abuse, Suicide Killing More White, Middle-Aged Americans: Report
- Ex-NFL Star Helps Spread the Word on Risks Posed by Painkillers
- Why More Painkiller Addicts Are Using Heroin, Too
- Narcotic Painkiller Use in Adolescence May Raise Risk of Adult Addiction
- Obama Administration Takes Aim at Epidemic of Heroin, Painkiller Abuse
- Doctors' Prescribing Practices Key to Curbing Painkiller Abuse: CDC
- Prescription Painkiller Abuse Rate Down, But Many Are Addicted: Study
- Americans Concerned About Prescription Painkiller Addiction
- 'Drugged Driving' on the Rise in U.S.
- How to Dispose of Unused or Expired Prescription Drugs
- Could Marijuana Chemical Help Ease Epilepsy?
- Mentally Ill Inmates Prone to Violence After Release: Study
- More College Kids Smoke Pot Now Than Cigarettes, Survey Finds
- Dentists Drill Patients for Drug Abuse Information
- Injuries Tied to Illegal Meth Labs on the Rise: CDC
- Summer Is High Time for College Kids Trying Illegal Substances
- Mindfulness Therapy Might Help Ease PTSD
- U.S. Medical Groups Join to Fight Prescription Painkiller Abuse
- Meth, Coke Addiction May Affect Brains of Women More Than Men
- Alcohol, Pot Combo Impairs Driving More Than Either Alone
- Painkiller Overdoses Often Involve 'Pharmacy Shopping'
- Heroin Use on the Rise Among Women, Wealthier People, CDC Finds
- Who's Most Likely to Get Addicted to Their Narcotic Painkiller?
- Many Doctors Underestimate Risks of Prescription Painkillers: Survey
- 'Friends and Family' OD-Reversal Kits Are Saving Addicts' Lives
- Legalizing Medical Marijuana May Not Raise Pot Use by Teens: Study
- Pot 'Dabbing' Poses Risk of Serious Burns, Study Warns
- Synthetic Pot a Growing Danger, CDC Report Finds
- Misuse of ADHD-Type Drugs Starts Long Before College: Study
- Inmates Denied Methadone Less Likely to Choose Treatment When Released
- '$5 Insanity': What You Should Know About Flakka
- It May Soon Be Possible to Easily 'Brew' Narcotics
- Multiple ER Visits Linked to Risk of Prescription-Drug Overdose Death
- ERs See Spike in Narcotic Painkiller Abuse Cases
- How Amphetamines, Cocaine Harm the Brain
- ER Doctors Cautious When Prescribing Narcotic Painkillers: Study
- Heroin Use Surges Among Whites Who Abuse Prescription Painkillers
- ER Practices Key to Helping Those Addicted to Painkillers: Study
- Wider Use of Naloxone Could Cut Deaths From Drug Overdoses: CDC
- More U.S. Newborns Enduring Drug Withdrawal: Study
- Heroin Use Levels Off in U.S., But Still High: Report
- 'Tamper-Proof' Narcotic Painkiller May Be Curbing Abuse: Study
- New Synthetic Drug 'Flakka' Triggers Crazed Behaviors
- Substance Abuse Reported by About 1 in 10 American Workers
- One-Quarter of Narcotic Painkillers Misused, Study Shows
- Synthetic Pot Linked to Kidney Injury
- U.S. Pediatricians Remain Opposed to Random Drug Tests in Schools
- Palcohol: Risky for Teens and People in Recovery?
- Teens' Heavy Pot Smoking Tied to Memory Problems
- Breath Test for Illegal Drugs Instead of Urine Analysis?
- Painkiller-Addicted Babies a Growing U.S. Concern, Especially in Fla.
- Heroin Overdose Deaths Quadrupled Since 2000
- U.S. Painkiller Abuse 'Epidemic' May Be Declining, Study Says
- What Your Doctor Worries About: Ethics Survey 2014
- E-Cigarettes Less Addictive Than Regular Cigarettes, Study Finds
- College Students Say 'Curiosity' Leads Them to Fake Pot
- U.S. Doctors Cutting Back on Painkiller Prescriptions: Study
- Painkiller Abuse More Likely for Those Who Skip College: Study
- Fatal ODs From Narcotic Painkillers Have Tripled in U.S.
- Teens Given Anxiety, Sleep Meds May Be at Risk for Drug Abuse
- Abuse-Resistant Prescription Painkiller Approved
- Cocaine Can Cause Heart Problems: Study
- ADHD Stimulant Drug Abuse Common Among Young Adults: Survey
- Prescription Painkillers Fueling Overdose Cases in ERs, Study Finds
- Multiple Drug Use Raises Infection Risk for 'Swinging' Couples
- ER Visits Linked to Synthetic Pot More Than Double, Report Finds
- Addiction Treatment Key to Curbing Violence in Mentally Ill: Study
- Heroin Overdose Deaths Doubled in Much of U.S.: CDC Study
- Most Who Abuse Painkillers Are Unprepared If Overdose Strikes: Study
- Doctors' Group Issues Painkiller Guidelines
- U.S. Pledges Millions to Study Ways to Ease Soldiers' Pain
- Ketamine: The Future of Depression Treatment?
- Deaths From Narcotic Painkillers Quadrupled in Past Decade: CDC
- Fewer U.S. Teens Using Illegal Drugs and Alcohol, Report Finds
- Fewer Painkiller Deaths in States With Medical Marijuana: Study
- U.S. to Tighten Access to Certain Narcotic Painkillers
- Robin Williams' Death Shines Light on Depression, Substance Abuse
- Abuse of Prescription Painkillers on the Rise Among High School Athletes: Survey
- Tough-to-Abuse Formulation of Oxycodone Approved
- FDA Approves Hard-to-Abuse Narcotic Painkiller
- Brains of Sex Addicts May Be Wired Like Those of Drug Addicts, Study Finds
- Prescriptions for Powerful Painkillers Vary Widely Among States: CDC
- Treatment for Heroin Addiction Should Continue After Hospital Discharge: Study
- Multiple Drug Use Fueling Drugged-Driving Fatalities: Report
- Sharp Rise in 'Meth'-Linked ER Visits in U.S., Study Shows
- Study Links Pot Use With Poor Sleep
- Pot Isn't Harmless, Top U.S. Health Official Says
- Today's Heroin Abusers Often Middle-Class Suburbanites: Study
- Sharp Rise in ER Visits Tied to Abuse of Sedative, Study Finds
- CDC Urges Anti-HIV Pill for People at High Risk of Infection
- Antipsychotics Help Cut Crime Rate: Study
- Drug Therapy May Lower Odds That Kids With ADHD Will Smoke
- Keep Prescription Drugs Secure From Teens: Expert
- Pot-Booze Combo More Dangerous for Teen Drivers Than Alcohol Alone
- Saturday Is National Drug Take-Back Day
- Pot Smoking May Pose Heart Dangers, Study Suggests
- FDA OKs Quick-Acting Antidote for Prescription Painkiller Overdose
- Parents' Addiction May Be Linked to Arthritis in Offspring
- Repeat Drug Overdoses Raise Risk for Hospitalization, Ventilator Care
- Weed Use Up, Cocaine Use Down, U.S. Report Finds
- Study Finds 1 in 3 Tennesseans Uses Narcotic Painkillers Each Year
- Many U.S. Seniors Get Prescription Painkillers From Multiple Doctors
- Cocaine Use Spurs Steep, Short-Term Rise in Stroke Risk: Study
- U.S. Officials Target Escalating Drug Overdoses
- Easier Way for Doctors to Identify Substance Abuse?
- Brain Injuries May Raise Risk of Early Death
- Drug Abusers at Risk for Suicidal Thoughts, Survey Finds
- World Watches as Colorado Marijuana Law Takes Effect
- Chantix Helped People With Mental Illness Quit Smoking Longer in Study
- Troubled Launch of 'Obamacare' Tops Health News for 2013
- Secure Your Prescription Drugs When Hosting Holiday Parties: Experts
- Substance-Abuse Treatment Often Tough to Find for Medicaid Patients
- Troubled Launch of 'Obamacare' Tops Health News for 2013
- OxyContin Tops List of Abused Prescription Drugs: Survey
- Doctors' Group Urges Tighter Controls on Prescription Painkillers
- Drug Abuse By Young Anesthesiologists Is Rare But Sometimes Deadly
- Ecstasy Use on Rise Again Among U.S. Teens: Report
- Most Teens Who Misuse Painkillers Aren't After a High, Study Finds
- Even Non-Surgical Hospital Patients Often Get Powerful Narcotics: Study
- Divorce May Raise Risk of Accidental Death
- Study Probes Heroin Addiction's Effect on the Brain
- Bodybuilding Boys Often Try Drugs and Alcohol, Study Finds
- One in 10 Teens Has Misused Prescription Painkillers: Survey
- Reports of U.S. Cases of Flesh-Eating Drug Questioned
- FDA OKs New Hydrocodone Painkiller
- FDA Urges Tighter Controls on Certain Prescription Painkillers
- Saturday Is National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- Longer Detox Might Work Better for Prescription Pain Med Addiction
- Study Probes Why Truckers Use Booze, Illicit Drugs
- Crystal Meth May Jump-Start Injection Drug Use, Study Says
- Stress Leads Some Doctors to Abuse Prescription Drugs, Study Says
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Add to Painkiller Dependence, Study Says
- 'Krokodil' Drug FAQ
- Drugged Driving Plays Major Role in Traffic Deaths
- U.S. Funds New Tobacco Regulation Research Centers
- 'Bath Salts' Drugs Led to 23,000 ER Visits in One Year: U.S. Report
- Young People May Respond Better to Upbeat Health Messages
- Reality TV Star Discusses Addiction Recovery
- FDA Announces New Safety Measures for Narcotic Painkillers
- Some Painkillers Tied to Certain Birth Defects in Study
- Young Americans' Prescription Med Abuse Still Down: Report
- Mental and Substance Disorders Major Cause of Nonfatal Illnesses
- Abuse of Painkillers Raises Risk of Heroin Use: Study
- Health Tip: Are You Taking Opioids as Prescribed?
- Hispanic Teens More Likely to Abuse Drugs: Survey
- Early Discipline Tied to Less Use of Drugs, Alcohol in Teens
- Bump Seen in Substance Abuse Treatment During Pregnancy
- Meth Use Tied to Deadly Brain Infection in Mouse Study
- Childhood Abuse May Add to Drug Users' Suicide Risk
- Drug Addicts, Dealers Are 'Doctor Shopping' for Pain Pills
- Sharp Rise in Drug Overdoses Among U.S. Women: CDC
- Many 8-Year-Olds in U.S. Have Tasted Alcohol: Study
- Medicine Might Help Shield Injection Drug Abusers From HIV
- Many Parents Unaware of Teens' Abuse of ADHD Drugs
- ADHD Meds Don't Raise Risk of Drug Abuse in Adulthood: Review
- College Women More Prone to Problem Drinking Than Men: Study
- Adult Children of Substance Abusers More Prone to Depression
- Vaccine to Fight Heroin Addiction Shows Promise in Rats
- Pregnancy Adds Challenge for Teens Treated for Drug Abuse, Report Says
- Synthetic Pot Use Can Mimic Symptoms of Prenatal Disorder
- Steep Rise in Suicides Among Middle-Aged Americans, CDC Says
- Roadside Breath Test for Drugs Could Be on Horizon
- Using Marijuana to Treat Pain? A Pill May Outlast a Puff
- Prescription Drug Abuse Up Among U.S. Teens: Survey
- Mental Illness a Frequent Cell Mate for Those Behind Bars
- Laser Therapy Switches Cocaine Addiction On, Off in Rats: Study
- More Health Care Professionals Abusing Anesthesia Drug: Study
- Even a Little Pot Use Ups College Dropout Risk
- Meth in Pregnancy May Blunt Child's Reaction to Stress: Study
- Medical Marijuana: Voodoo or Legitimate Therapeutic Choice?
- Drug, Alcohol Abuse More Likely Among High School Dropouts
- 16 Cases of Kidney Damage in 6 States From Synthetic Pot: CDC
- Synthetic Marijuana Use Linked to Kidney Damage
- Drug Users Are 'Super-Spreaders' of Hepatitis C, Study Finds
- Program to Spot Painkiller ODs Saves Lives: Study
- Many Cocaine Deaths Determined by Genes, Study Says
- Pot Use-Low IQ Link Challenged in Study
- Prescription Painkillers Trail Only Marijuana in Abuse Rates, Report Shows
- Blood Disorder Cases Tied to Prescription Painkiller Abuse
- FDA Urges Studies on Safer Formulations of Narcotic Painkillers
- Solo Rock Stars Die Sooner Than Those in Bands
- Recreational Marijuana: Are There Health Effects?
- Fake Marijuana Use Is a Serious Problem for Teens
- Pot Psychosis May Be Gene-Related
- Cocaine Raises Heart Risks for Fit, Young Adults: Study
- Boys More Prone to OTC Drug Abuse Than Girls, Study Suggests
- Is 'Sex Addiction' Real? Some Experts Say So
- FDA: 5 Death Reports for Monster Energy Drink
- Marijuana, Real or Fake, Can Lead to Unusual Gastro Problem
- Painkiller Abuse by Kids Way Up, Study Finds
- Drop in Illicit Drug Use in Cities, Uptick in Prescription Drug Abuse
- Addiction a Risk After Weight Loss Surgery
- New Guidelines for Doctors Treating Low Back Pain
- Health Highlights: Oct. 1, 2012
- Safe Drug Disposal Curbs Drug Abuse
- K2 Trend Not Slowing Down
- Teens Over 1/3 of New Prescription Drug Abusers
- Extra Steps Urged to Cut Alcohol, Drug Use in Military: Report
- 'Doctor Shopping' Tied to Fatal Prescription Drug Overdoses
- Pot Use in Teen Years May Lower IQ, Study Shows
- Couch-Potato Kids Are Top U.S. Child Health Problem: Poll
- Teens Who Drink, Smoke More Likely to Abuse Painkillers Later: Study
- 'Diverted' Medical Marijuana Use Common Among Teens: Study
- Ecstasy Pills Cause Memory Problems
- Illegal 'Bath Salts' Mimic Cocaine in the Brain: Study
- Can Recreational ED Drug Use Lead to ED?
- Monkey Study Suggests Long-Term Use of ADHD Drugs Safe
- Mom's Pot Use Doubles Risk of 'Preemie' Birth: Study
- 'Abuse-Resistant' Oxycontin May Be Driving Addicts to Heroin
- Teach Prescribers About Dangers of Long-Acting Pain Meds: FDA
- Methadone for Pain Relief Leading Cause of Fatal Overdoses: CDC
- First-Time Teen Alcohol & Drug Use Peaks in Summer
- 40 Million Americans Addicted to Cigarettes, Alcohol or Drugs
- Chronic Abuse of Prescription Drugs Skyrocketing
- Tracking Love, Lust in the Brain
- Genes May Influence Reactions to Painkillers
- More Mental Health Woes in College Kids Who Abuse Prescription Drugs
- Mental Health Woes Raise Odds for Prescription Painkiller Abuse
- Depressed Teens Who Respond to Treatment Less Likely to Abuse Drugs
- Teens' Love of Loud Music Tied to Drinking, Drug Abuse
- U.S. States With Most, Least Deaths From Injuries
- Friends' Parents Can Sway Teens' Odds for Drinking, Smoking
- Kids Most Likely to Start Abusing Painkillers at 16: Study
- One Baby per Hour Born Drug Dependent
- Some Schools Don't Let Kids Carry Asthma Inhalers
- Many Who First Misuse Prescription Pills Get Them From Friends, Family: Report
- Heroin Addicts Have Higher Pain Sensitivity, Even During Treatment
- Half of Young Cigarette Smokers Also Smoke Pot: Survey
- Use of Ecstasy, Speed by Teens Tied to Later Depression
- White House Drug Policy Shifts Strategy
- Troubled Homes May Fuel Obesity in Girls
- 12-Step Meetings May Help Teens Beat Alcohol, Drug Abuse
- Substance Abusers, Even Recovering Ones, May Face Stigma
- Drug, Alcohol Abuse Common Among U.S. Teens, Study Finds
- Caring Teachers May Help Keep Kids From Trying Alcohol, Drugs
- More 'Safety' Workers Testing Positive for Drugs
- Kids of Meth-Using Moms at Risk of Behavioral Woes
- Spice, K2 Sending Teens to the Emergency Room
- Many Alcoholics Suffered Childhood Trauma: Study
- Health Highlights: March 14, 2012
- Genes Play a Role in Drug Abuse Risk Among Adopted Kids: Study
- Narcotic Painkillers Another Threat to Traumatized War Vets: Study
- Mouse Study Shows How Marijuana Clouds Memory
- Ecstasy Use During Pregnancy May Harm Fetus: Study
- Drug-Free Housing Helps Heroin, Oxycontin Addicts Recover
- Illicit Drug Use May Be Driving Rise in Ectopic Pregnancies in Florida
- Whitney Houston's Death Raises Addiction Questions
- Illicit Drugs Bought Off Internet May Be Poisons, Experts Warn
- Health Highlights: Feb. 3, 2012
- Hard Drug Use in Middle Age Could Prove Fatal, Study Finds
- In Dollars Alone, Cost of U.S. Child Abuse High
- More Newborns Suffering Drug Withdrawal at Birth
- U.S. Soldiers Face Host of Mental Health Issues
- 'Bath-Salts' Injection Leads to Flesh-Eating Disease
- Worldwide Illegal Drug Use Estimated at 200 Million People a Year
- Is 27 a Deadly Age for Rock Stars?
- Deaths From Drug Poisoning in the U.S Jump by Sixfold
- Teens Smoking Fewer Cigarettes, More Marijuana
- 'Ecstasy' May Cause Long-Term Changes in Brain Chemistry
- Energy Drinks Send Thousands to the ER Each Year
- 40 U.S. Deaths a Day from Prescription Painkillers
- Health Highlights: Oct. 10, 2011
- Health Highlights: Sept. 8, 2011
- 'Bath Salts' Used to Get High Are Now Illegal
- 'Bath Salts' Have Effects Similar to Meth, Ecsatsy
- Childhood Obesity, Drug Abuse Top Concerns for Kids
- July 4 Weekend Dangerous for Underage Boys Who Drink: Report
- Surge in Number of Americans Treated for Prescription Painkiller Abuse
- ER Visits for Drug-Related Suicide Attempts Up in Men
- FDA Launches Painkiller Abuse Strategy
- FDA Warns of Acetaminophen in Prescription Pain Drugs
- Teen Binge Drinking Linked to Attention Problems
- Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults
- Survey Reveals Rx Drug Abuse by Teens
- Gender Gap in Prescription Pain Drug Abuse
- Indoor Tanning Addiction Linked to Anxiety, Drug Abuse
- Prescription Drug Abuse Sending More to Hospitals
- Happy, Healthy, Valentine!
- Bath Salts Drug Trend: Expert Q&A
- Prescription Pain Relievers Can Kill You
- Sex While Asleep
- Salvia (Salvia Divinorum)
- Depression Symptoms in Men
- Rehab's Role in Treating Addiction
- Teens & Technology: Fact Sheet
- Teens, Technology, And Drugs: An Inside Look
- Depression: The Link Between Depression and Other Mental Illnesses
- Sleep and Depression
- Teen Deaths May Be From DXM in Cough Medicines
- Teens Using Prescription and Over-the-Counter Drugs to Get High
- Domestic Violence Fact Sheet
- Keeping Teens Safe, Locally
- Teenagers: Why Do They Rebel?
- Parenting: 'Just Say No' Isn't Enough
- Who's Watching Our Teens?
- Women and Drug Abuse
- Inhalants, Which Kids Do It?
- Teens Sex Activity Tied to Drink & Drugs
- Drug Abuse and Addiction: Drugs of Choice
- Bad Drugs in Cans, Says FDA
- Gene for Alcoholism is Discovered (GABA & GABRG3)
- 10 Warning Signs of Prescription Painkiller Dependency
- Drug Abuse: How To Tell if Someone is Abusing Drugs
- Stress, Depression and Drug Abuse: Fallout of 9-11