Patient Comments: Down Syndrome - Experience

Please describe your experience with Down syndrome. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: sophie Green, 0-2 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 01

My grandson was diagnosed with Down syndrome at the age of 16 months. He taught himself to crawl, sit up, pull himself up, and now he walks at the age of 2 1/2. He has had two heart surgeries and he is doing well. He is a very smart child and we all love him to death.

Comment from: Letchee, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 27

My sister has Down syndrome. But now at her age it is really hard to know what to do when she has so many things going wrong with her body, she can`t tell us about. We watch her pass out suddenly this happens several times over a span of three years, episodes about three months apart. Finally she gets a pace maker now we think all is right with her.

Comment from: jakki, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 25

I have a 24 year old Down syndrome girl; she recently was exposed to measles. I am puzzled because she was vaccine.

Comment from: manu, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 05

He is not physically disabled but there is a problem of mental since. He is of age 10 but behaves as a child of 4-5 years. There is something wrong with his vocal as he is not able to speak out clearly. Please refer me treatment for this problem.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's Children's Health & Parenting Newsletter