Patient Comments: Double Vision - Diagnosis

Please discuss the events that led to a diagnosis of double vision. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Skeets, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I had double vision upon waking up in the recovery room, after my gallbladder surgery. I went to the emergency of our nearby eye clinic and they diagnosed me with fourth nerve eye palsy. That was four months ago and I still have it! I can see fine straight ahead but when I look to the lower left, I see double and when I tilt my head to the right I see double. I still cannot drive. The eye specialist said it could take up to six months to go away and if it doesn't, he will operate on it. I wish I had never had the surgery!

Comment from: Debra, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 07

I had a stroke and have had double vision for 8 months. I'm going to see an eye surgeon. I understand it can be fixed. Thank goodness.

Comment from: John, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 13

I had bad headaches mostly at night for a couple weeks and now my headaches are a little better but I have double vision all of the time. I cannot read, drive or do anything.

View the Eye Diseases and Conditions Slideshow Pictures