The EldonCard blood typing kit is a home test kit used to determine your blood type, both blood group and presence of rhesus factor. You collect a small sample of blood from the tip of your finger and place it on the EldonCard to get the results.
While the EldonCard blood typing test kit requires pricking the side of your finger to obtain a blood sample, the pain is typically mild and resolves within a few minutes. This type of finger prick test is done for blood tests that provide very fast results and do not require heavy equipment. The kit thus eliminates the hassle of heavy laboratory equipment and work of qualified professionals.
What are the contents of the EldonCard blood typing kit?
The EldonCard blood typing kit is a single-use kit that contains everything that is needed to test your blood group type. One kit contains the following:
- EldonCard for blood test: The first three circles are integrated with different varieties of antibodies. One circle is limited to one specific type of antibody:
- First circle: Contains antibodies A
- Second circle: Contains antibodies B
- Third circle: Contains Rh antibodies
- Fourth circle: Control
- Single-use sterile lancet: Sharp needle-like structure used to prick the finger
- Pipet (dropper): Used to collect the blood from the finger
- Alcohol prep pad: For sterilizing the pricking area
- Four EldonSticks: Used to transfer blood samples from the finger to the EldonCard
- Illustrated instructions: Reference pictures that help you identify your result by comparing it with the results depicted
How to use the EldonCard blood typing kit
Using an EldonCard blood typing kit is fairly easy. Steps for performing the test include the following:
- Wash your hands before handling or opening the kit.
- Use hand gloves if you have access to them.
- Place all contents of the kit on a clean surface.
- Be cautious when handling the lancet to prevent accidents.
- Select any finger that has a thick fat pad; press it gently.
- Disinfect the skin with alcohol pads.
- Prick the finger with the lancet and squeeze.
- Collect a sufficient amount of blood with the pipet. Not enough blood may cause the results to be unclear or not show up at all.
- Place a small drop of blood onto the EldonStick and gently rub it against one of the circles. You will be given four sticks, one for each circle. Repeat the process, using one stick for each circle
- Rotate the card 4 times so that all edges face downward once.
- After a few seconds, you may see blood clots form on the circles due to the reaction of antigens in your body with antibodies on the card.
- Use the illustrated instructions to identify your blood type.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
EldonCard: Home Blood Type Testing Kit: https://www.eldoncard.com/Unique-solutions
A new test can determine blood type in seconds, scientists say: https://www.statnews.com/2017/03/15/blood-type-test/
Top Does the EldonCard Blood Typing Kit Hurt Related Articles
Blood Clot PictureBlood that has been converted from a liquid to a solid state. See a picture of Blood Clot and learn more about the health topic.
Blood Clots: 4 Signs You Could Have OneBlood clots can be deadly medical emergencies that can form in different parts of your body. Learn the warning signs that you might have one.
Blood Disorders: Types, Symptoms, and TreatmentsSome blood disorders are forms of cancer. Others are benign. Find out what happens and why.
Can Cancer Be Detected by a Blood Test?While blood tests can’t absolutely detect all cancers, certain blood tests can give your doctor an idea of how your organs are functioning and if they have been affected by cancer.
Hemophilia QuizWhat happens within the body in a person who has hemophilia? Take this quiz to learn about this rare blood disorder.
How Does EldonCard Determine Blood Type?The EldonCard blood type test kit uses the basic forward antibody technique of blood hematology for quick and simple determination of your blood type.
Blood Type: How Your Blood Type Can Affect Your HealthDoes your blood type play a role in your risk for disease? Find out how it fares in the face of certain conditions.
Is It OK to Smoke Before a Blood Test?Smoking can affect your blood test results. So if you have been asked to fast before your blood test, you should avoid smoking as well. Other things to avoid before the test include chewing gum, exercising and drinking alcohol.
Liver Blood TestsAn initial step in detecting liver damage is a simple blood test to determine the presence of certain liver enzymes in the blood. Under normal circumstances, these enzymes reside within the cells of the liver. But when the liver is injured, these enzymes are spilled into the blood stream, and can lead to diseases like fatty liver, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and hepatitis. Several medications also can increase liver enzyme test results.
What Are the 3 Rarest Blood Types?The red blood cells or RBCs present in the blood carry certain molecules, called antigens, on their surface that determine what blood group you have. The antigens depend on the genes you inherit from your parents. These antigens may be grouped in various categories to form a system for blood typing called the ABO system.
What Does a Positive Occult Blood Test Indicate?A positive fecal occult blood test (FOBT) means that blood has been detected in the stool sample. A colonoscopy may be needed to locate the source and cause of the bleeding.
What Is an ALT Blood Test?An ALT (alanine transaminase) test measures ALT levels in your blood to screen for liver damage or liver disorders. Elevated ALT levels may indicate a liver problem.
What Is the Golden Blood Type?The golden blood type or Rh null blood group is the rarest blood group and contains no Rh antigens (proteins) on the red blood cells (RBCs). Learn about other rare blood types.