Hot chocolate can be soothing and comforting on a cold day. But like coffee and tea, it contains small amounts of caffeine. Learn about the caffeine content in hot chocolate, and check out the center below for more medical references on caffeine, as well as multimedia (slideshows, images, and quizzes), healthy eating, disease prevention, and wellness. Read more: Does Hot Chocolate Have Caffeine? Hot Chocolate vs. Coffee & Tea Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Food Cravings Slideshow: Chocolate, Carbs, Salt, Sugar
Learn which food cravings can wreck your diet. Whether your craving something creamy or crunchy, sweet or salty, food cravings...
Chocolate, Sex, and Relationships: A Healthy Treat in Pictures
Did you ever wonder how chocolate came to be so universally loved? Explore the fascinating history of one of the world's most...
Caffeine Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
If you can't function without your morning cup of java or your afternoon caffeine jolt, this quiz is for you. Learn about your...
Diet and Nutrition: How Caffeine Affects Your Body
Caffeine can be a great way to get going in the morning, but it causes definite changes in your body. Find out what to look for...
10 Ways to Feel Awake Without Caffeine
Do you drag in the afternoons? Here are some ways to get energy without a caffeine buzz.
Related Disease Conditions
Is Tea or Coffee Better for Your Health?
Tea is generally safe, even in large amounts. While coffee is also safe to drink, high amounts can cause some problems.
What Are the Negative Effects of Coffee?
Coffee is one of the most popular beverages in the US. People drink coffee several times a day citing the reason that it makes them stay alert and focused. And yes! It does. The effect is due to the stimulant, caffeine.
Can Caffeine Cause Depression?
Researchers are divided as to whether caffeine causes depression, with some believing moderate consumption could help, while others believe it’ll make things worse.
Is Coffee Good for Your Health?
Coffee is the most popular stimulant substance drunk all over the world. More than 150 million people in the United States drink coffee daily. The average coffee consumption by US adults is approximately two cups per day, which is the equivalent of approximately 280 mg of caffeine.
Are Cacao Nibs the Same as Chocolate and Good for You?
Cacao nibs are crunchy cacao bean pieces. The beans undergo commercial processing that turns them into nibs. This involves cleaning, roasting, and shelling the beans.
Treatment & Diagnosis
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- How Can I Boost Nitric Oxide in My Body?
- What Has More Caffeine, Coffee or Tea?
- 15 Healthy Chocolate Snacks to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- Coffee vs. Red Bull: Nutrients, Caffeine, and Recommendations
- What Is Bulletproof Coffee, and Is It Good For You?
- How Long Does Coffee Last Before It Goes Bad? Unopened, Opened, Brewed, and More
- Here Are 8 Health Benefits That Lavender Tea Is Good For
- What Is Carob Powder Good For and Is It Healthier Than Cacao?
- Can a Person Be Addicted to Chocolate? Symptoms and How to Stop It
- How Do You Reduce Acidity in Coffee?
- How Many Cups of Coffee Are OK to Drink Daily?
- How Much Caffeine Is in Green Tea vs. Coffee?
- How Long Does It Take for Caffeine Tolerance to Occur?
- What Is Oolong Tea Good For?
- What Are the Healthiest Alternatives to Replace Coffee and Drink Instead?
- Is Coffee Hydrating or Dehydrating?
- Is Matcha Tea High in Caffeine? How Does it Compare to Coffee?
- What Is the Proper Way to Steep Tea?
- What Does Caffeinated Water Do?
- How Much Caffeine Is in an Average Coffee? How Much Is Too Much?
- Which Coffee Types Have the Most Antioxidants and How Can They Benefit You?