Patient Comments: Dizziness - Standing Up

Please describe your experience with dizziness when standing up. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: bur nise, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 14

When I get up from bed or if I bend down to pick something up is when things spin, so after reading the symptoms, I realized that I stopped taking my iron pills 5 weeks ago, and I struggle with drinking water regularly. I had surgery 4 weeks ago, so I now will focus on these two, and see if this has changed. I also had too many alcoholic drinks one night and I woke up with some crazy heart palpitations, scary! I will keep in touch with my results.

Comment from: ddmarre, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

My dizziness just started on Tuesday 12/17 and still happening when I rise from bed after a night's rest. My episodes with dizziness occur with different situations. First is the dizziness when I attempt to rise up from a sitting position, next I often get dizzy when I turn my head while sitting or standing. I almost always get dizzy when I lean over. I am very concerned.

Comment from: ddlaurie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I have been dizzy for 3 weeks, hospital said it is ear infection. I took pills for 7 days but I am still dizzy. I have blurred vision and stiff muscles in my neck and back area.

Comment from: juno, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 05

When I get up I feel so dizzy at first that I feel almost like falling and when I first lie down I feel that everything is turning around.

Comment from: Pixie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

Standing in a queue or a bar in one position makes me dizzy and nauseous, and hot sometimes.

Comment from: di, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I have been sick with vertigo for 3 years and I hear noise in my left ear. I am losing my hearing in my left ear as well. I have been to every doctor, and they do not know what to do. I been trying to get social security to help, but cannot because my doctor says I can work sitting down, but you still have to walk and I only drive when I need to have to have someone with me in the store or when i take a shower. I also have high blood pressure.

Comment from: dizzydout, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 01

I am a somewhat, healthy 49 year old woman who suffers with chronic migraines. Six months ago, I quickly rolled out of bed with horrible head spinning, which has been diagnosed as benign positional vertigo. My neurologist performed the "Epley Maneuver", which helped, but a second one was needed. He said the crystals in our ears fall out of alignment and it throws off our balance. This maneuver puts them back in place. I still get vertigo when I move my head to quickly and have pain in the right ear. I have a full feeling and headache on that side. I am going to an ENT soon.

Comment from: Ronny, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 01

My episodes with dizziness occur with different situations. First is the dizziness when I attempt to rise up from a sitting position, next I often get dizzy when I turn my head while sitting or standing. I almost always get dizzy when I lean over. There are times when I get dizzy just sitting still. I had a falling incident and fell down the stairs resulting in a two day hospital stay. I have Atherosclerosis, Type Two Diabetes, Tinnitus, and other minor disabilities. At present my doctor is temporarily holding back selected medicines to see if that is the cause.

Balance Disorders: Vertigo, Migraines, Motion Sickness and More