Patient Comments: Dislocated Ankle - Symptoms and Signs

What symptoms and signs did you experience with your dislocated ankle? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: rayruke, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

Mine began with the flu, 1987, during which I had sprained my ankle that grew infected with pus and due to the length of time this lasted, the bones shifted as the fluid in my ankle allowed room for damages. I spent 12 days in the hospital for three surgeries and recovery time. The outcome is limited ankle movement, daily ache, muscle difference in leg size, a scar that appears swollen, occasionally it's hard to balance myself, but I still walk.

Comment from: Preciuos, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 15

I was getting off a taxi and fell going to work in February 2018, and dislocated my ankle. I am still walking with 1 crutch because it is still painful and tender, but not every day.

Comment from: Frank Gyasi, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 04

I dislocated my ankle and also fractured my fibula playing soccer with friends. My leg was put in a cast for 6 weeks before taking it off. Ten weeks on I still have severe pain in my ankle and a little swelling around the joint. I've been applying heat and massage but the pain in it doesn't seem to be going away. I still walk with crutches because the pain is intense when I put my full body weight on it.

Comment from: Geraldine, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 11

My ankle got fractured in 2009 and it healed after this. Now it is 2015 and it is still swollen, but there is no pain.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter