Popular weight loss and diet plans include the Atkins diet, Jenny Craig, Zone diet, Weight Watchers, South Beach diet, Pritikin diet, Eat More, Weigh Less diet, and NutriSystem Advanced. Read more: Diet Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Food Portion Distortion Quiz: Correct Serving Size
Are your portions deceiving you? Take the Food Portion Distortion Quiz to find out how and why gigantic portions trick you into...
Sugar Quiz: Facts on Diet & Sugar
Sugar lurks in surprising places. Take the Sugar Quiz to learn of the many ways sugar sneaks into your diet and see what you know...
Superfoods Quiz: List of Top Superfoods
Take our Superfoods Quiz! Get to know how unprocessed, raw, organic foods and healthy drinks are rich in nutrients and dietary...
Diabetes Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the Diabetes Quiz and learn the causes, signs, symptoms, and types of this growing epidemic. What does diabetes have to do...
Top Diets: The Best Dieting Tips Ever for Weight Loss
What separates good diets from the best diets? These weight loss strategies--like drink more water, eat breakfast, sleep...
Organic Foods in Pictures: To Buy or Not to Buy Organic
Some organic fruits and vegetables come with additional benefits, while others are identical to their conventional counterparts....
Gluten-Free Diet: Popular Gluten-Free Foods in Pictures
Starting a gluten free diet? Get the facts about gluten free foods -- with tips on what to avoid, what to enjoy, and delicious,...
High Protein Diets: Good or Bad?
Low-carb, high-protein diets are quite popular. High protein diets let you snack on protein-rich foods you love, but what are the...
Diet for Stress Management: Carbs, Nuts, and Other Stress-Relief Foods
While there are many ways to cope with stress, one strategy is to eat stress-fighting foods. Find out which foods to eat as part...
Salt Shockers: Where High-Sodium Foods Lurk, and How to Avoid Them
Salty Foods can be everywhere. So how can you maintain a low-sodium diet and beware of the risks of high blood pressure which can...
Vegetarian Diet: Tasty, Basic Choices in Pictures
Thinking about becoming a vegetarian? Compared to the general population, the typical vegetarian has a lower body mass index...
Skinny Sipping: Best and Worst Drinks for Losing Weight in Pictures
From coffee to cocktails, learn which beverages can help or hinder a healthy lifestyle. See the best and worst drinks for weight...
Bad' Foods That Are Good for Weight Loss in Pictures
Some bad foods can be good for weight loss. MedicineNet reveals which tempting foods can actually help you lose weight and keep...
Diet Mistake Pictures: Crash Diets, High-Calorie Drinks, and More
Discover 10 common diet mistakes that may be preventing you from losing weight. Learn to avoid these diet blunders and watch the...
Healthy Indulgences for Under $15 With Pictures
Isn't it time you took care of yourself? Good food, relaxation, laughter -- we offer 15 great ideas for affordable, healthy...
Juice Wars: Best and Worst Vegetable and Fruit Juices in Pictures
Although the best kinds of juice deliver a bounty of vitamins, the worst are hardly better than liquid candy. Learn to...
How to Lose Weight Without Dieting: 24 Fast Facts
Weight loss without dieting? No diet, no problem. Learn the best way to lose weight with these weight loss tips designed to help...
Grocery Smarts: 'Healthy Fat' Foods for Fitness in Pictures
A healthy diet starts at the grocery store. See which fat foods to avoid and which fit foods to choose....
Portion Control Tips: Lose Weight and Stick to Your Diet
Portion control can help with weight loss and help you stick to a healthy diet. But how much is too much? This photo guide will...
10 Tips for a Healthier Fast Food Diet
Losing weight is tough on the road. Fast food can't compare to the health of a well-planned, balanced diet. But if you must eat...
Tips to Eat Healthy When You Dine Out in Pictures
Recognize the dangers of eating out and stay on your healthy diet at restaurants. Learn about healthy eating at restaurants,...
How to Quit Smoking Without Weight Gain
Learn how to avoid weight gain while quitting smoking. Explore what causes weight gain after quitting smoking. See lifestyle...
10 Worst Fast-Food Sandwiches: Unhealthy Choices in Pictures
Want to know what the good and bad fast-food sandwiches choices are? Our experts explore the nutrition facts of major restaurant...
Fat-Burning Foods in Pictures: Blueberries, Green Tea, and More
Learn about fat-fighting foods such as grapefruit, hot peppers, vinegar, and more. Discover the benefits along with surprising...
Bikini-Body Pictures: Workout & Beauty Tips for Swimsuit Season
Discover 25 ways to get ready for swimsuit season. See exercises, diet tips, and other healthy beauty fixes that will motivate...
Worst-Appetizer Pictures: Spinach Dip, Potato Skins, and More
A tasty appetizer can be a great start to any meal--but some appetizers are diet disasters. Potato skins and cheese fries pack on...
How to Lose Weight Fast: Easy Weight Loss Tips
Here are the best ways for men and women to lose weight. Fast facts from experts show weight loss is possible for everyone trying...
Snacks With 100 Calories or Less
Reducing calories is an effective weight loss strategy. Here are 25 100-calorie snacks that offer quick, satisfying solutions to...
The Worst Foods in Your Fridge
What are the worst foods to eat in your fridge? From mayonnaise to ice cream and butter to processed lunch meats, learn about the...
Pictures of the Belly-Fattening Foods That Men Love
Belly-fattening foods such as chips, beer, doughnuts and fatty red meat can kill a diet. See which foods are tough to resist,...
Food Cravings Slideshow: Chocolate, Carbs, Salt, Sugar
Learn which food cravings can wreck your diet. Whether your craving something creamy or crunchy, sweet or salty, food cravings...
Surprising Sources of Hidden Sugar in Pictures
Sugar is hiding in foods you least suspect. See where sugar may be hiding in what you eat and find options that are better for...
Low-Carb Snacks in Pictures
Interested in low-carb snacking? Here are some ideas about smart snacks that are filling and low in carbohydrates....
12 Reasons to Love the Mediterranean Diet in Pictures
The Mediterranean diet is a delicious way to eat healthy. We show you how to get the most from this diet with foods like olive...
Food Swaps for Meals and Snacks for Heart Health in Pictures
Explore 10 food swaps for heart-wise dining. Learn what food to buy and how to cook in order to make a big difference for your...
Healthy Eating: 16 Resolutions for Better Habits
Is eating better one of your New Year's resolutions? Get tips for healthier eating habits to incorporate into daily life...
Anemia Symptoms and Signs, Types, Treatment and Causes
Anemia is a disease marked by low numbers of red blood cells. Low iron or underlying disease, like cancer, may be to blame....
13 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
Find medical relief for menstrual cramps and menstrual pain symptoms. Learn how women's daily habits can relieve the discomfort...
Digestive Health: Why Am I Bloated?
Bloating is a sign and symptom of gas in the stomach or GI tract. Certain foods or health problems like constipation may cause...
Better Ways to Feed Your Baby
What tips and tricks help you introduce healthy foods to your baby's diet. Learn techniques for feeding that work for infants and...
Gastric (Stomach) Cancer: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
What are the common signs and symptoms of stomach cancer? Learn about gastric cancer diagnosis, treatment, and their risks, how...
Healthy Eating: The Dangers of Processed Meat
Processed meats like pepperoni, beef jerky, and chicken nuggets are associated with an increased risk of health problems like...
What Are HIV & AIDS? Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
HIV, or human immunodeficiency virus, causes acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, or AIDS. Learn about HIV positive, being HIV...
Ankylosing Spondylitis: Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ankylosing spondylitis (AS)? Ankylosing spondylitis is arthritis of the spine. It causes symptoms like stiffness and...
Related Disease Conditions
Second Source article from WebMD...
Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. There are many potential underlying...
Migraine headaches are severe headaches that are sensitive to light, sounds, and smells. Some people who suffer from...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease occurs due to the accumulation of abnormal amounts of fat within the liver. Fatty liver most...
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Symptoms, Stages, and Prognosis
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Sleep apnea is defined as a reduction or cessation of breathing during sleep. The three types of sleep apnea are central apnea,...
Staph Infection (Staphylococcus Aureus)
Staphylococcus or Staph is a group of bacteria that can cause a multitude of diseases. Staph infections can cause illness...
Vitamins and Calcium Supplements
Vitamins are organic substances that are essential for the proper growth and functioning of the body. Calcium is a mineral...
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety....
Post-polio syndrome (PPS) is a group of signs and symptoms that show up two to four decades after the initial polio infection....
Men's health is an important component to a happy lifestyle and healthy relationships. Eating healthy, exercise, managing stress,...
Heart Attack Prevention
Heart disease and heart attacks can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle with diet, exercise, and stress management....
Healthy Living and Disease Prevention
The importance of a healthy lifestyle in disease prevention is widely understood and most people know that lifestyle changes and...
About 1% to 2% of people in the U.S. have a peanut allergy. Symptoms and signs of a peanut allergy include rash, hives, redness,...
Certain behavioral, lifestyle, and environmental factors contribute to cancer. Cancer prevention involves modifying these factors...
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Benefits, Uses, Foods)
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fats that help decrease one's cholesterol and triglyceride levels as well as reduce the risk of...
Gestational diabetes is a condition that is first recognized during pregnancy and is characterized by high blood sugar....
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a condition in which a person's pancreas does not produce enough insulin to meet the needs of the body....
Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetes mellitus (juvenile) is an auto-immune disease with no known cause at this time. Symptoms of type 1 diabetes...
Stretch marks occur in the dermis, the elastic middle layer of skin that allows it to retain its shape. When the skin is...
Vitamins & Exercise: Heart Attack Prevention Series
Vitamins and exercise can lower your risk for heart attack and heart disease. Folic acid, vitamins, and homocysteine levels are...
The main features of metabolic syndrome include insulin resistance, hypertension (high blood pressure), cholesterol...
Preventing Diabetes Naturally (Type 2, Diet, Causes, Symptoms)
Prediabetes is a condition in which a person has early symptoms of diabetes, but have not yet fully developed the condition. If...
Snoring (Causes, Aids, Remedies, Solutions)
Snoring, like all other sounds, is caused by vibrations that cause particles in the air to form sound waves. While we are asleep,...
High Blood Pressure Treatment (Natural Home Remedies, Diet, Medications)
High blood pressure (hypertension) means high pressure (tension) in the arteries. Treatment for high blood pressure include...
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...
Weight Control and Smoking Cessation
One concern smokers have when considering quitting smoking is weight gain. Not everyone will gain weight when they stop smoking....
High Cholesterol: Frequently Asked Questions
Cholesterol occurs naturally in the body. High blood cholesterol levels increase a person's risk of developing heart disease,...
Vitamin D Deficiency
Vitamin D deficiency has been linked with rickets, cancer, cardiovascular disease, severe asthma in children and cognitive...
Iron is a mineral our bodies need. Iron deficiency is a condition resulting from not enough iron in the body. It is the most...
IBS Triggers (Prevention)
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a functional disease that can affect the quality of those who suffer from this condition....
Ulcerative Colitis Diet
An ulcerative colitis diet plan can help a person with the disease avoid foods and drinks that trigger flares. There also are...
12 Best Foods to Eat for Constipation Relief
Constipation is a common problem, and almost everyone has been constipated at one time or another. There are foods that can help...
How to Lower Your Cholesterol
Cholesterol is naturally produced by the body, and is a building block for cell membranes and hormones. Low-density lipoprotein...
Diabetes Diet (Type 2, List of Foods to Eat and Avoid)
A type 2 diabetes diet or a type 2 diabetic diet is important for blood sugar (glucose) control in people with diabetes to...
Is Gingivitis Contagious?
Gingivitis is inflammation of the gums. Poor dental hygiene, stress, smoking, some medications, and a poor diet can cause...
15 Foods That Cause Constipation
Constipation or the decrease in frequency and/or difficulty in passing stools (bowel movements) can be caused by a variety...
Prediabetes is a situation where a person's blood sugar levels are higher than they should be, but aren't high enough to be...
Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) is an inherited (genetic) disease that attacks motor neurons (nerve cells) in the spinal cord. As...
Migraine vs. Headache: Differences and Similarities
Headaches are the most common reason why a person goes to the doctor or other healthcare professional for treatment. There are...
HDL vs. LDL Cholesterol (Differences, Normal Ranges, Meanings)
HDL (high-density lipoprotein), or the "good" cholesterol, and LDL (low-density lipoprotein), or the "bad"...
The Atkins Diet - Experience
Please describe your experience with Atkins diet.Post View 2 Comments
The Zone Diet - Experience
Please describe your experience with Zone diet.Post
The Pritikin Principle Diet - Experience
Please describe your experience with Pritikin Principle diet.Post
The South Beach Diet - Experience
Please describe your experience with South Beach diet.Post
Jenny Craig Diet - Experience
Please describe your experience with Jenny Craig diet.Post
NutriSystem Advanced Diet - Experience
Please describe your experience with NutriSystem advanced diet.Post
Weight Watchers Diet - Experience
Please describe your experience with Weight Watchers diet.Post
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Food Portion Distortion FAQs
- Superfoods FAQs
- Sugar FAQs
- Diabetes FAQs
- The Macrobiotic Diet
- 7 Tips to Avoid Holiday Weight Gain
- Red Meats and Processed Meats Raise Cancer Risk
- The China Study
- Eating Tapeworms for Weight Loss
- How Much Protein Do I Need?
- Prediabetes Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Diet and Women
- Coping With Chronic Rheumatic Diseases
- 3 Day Diet
- 17 Day Diet
- Are You Getting Enough Potassium?
- hCG Diet
- Baby Food Diet
- Dukan Diet
- Grapefruit Diet
- Mediterranean Diet
- Nutrition: 10 Tips for Healthy Eating on the Run
- Fast Food: Healthy Value Menu Options
- Glycemic Index and Smart Carb Choices
- French Diet & American Women
- Low Carb Craze Continues, Worth the Price?
- Low-Carb Diet Dropout - Are You One?
- Protein For Health and Weight Loss
- Low Carb, High Protein Menu
- Protein Diet: Balance Protein, Carbs & Fats
Medications & Supplements
- sibutramine (Meridia)
- orlistat (Xenical, alli)
- glucose (Insta-Glucose, Dex4, Enfamil Glucose, Glutol, Glutose and many others)
- fenofibrate (Antara, Fenoglide, Fibricor, Lipofen, Lofibra, Tricor, Triglide, Trilipix)
- Bile Acid Sequestrants
- omega-3-acid ethyl esters
- Saxenda (liraglutide injection)
- deoxycholic acid (Kybella)
- alirocumab (Praluent)
- Repatha (evolocumab)
- Oxycodone vs. Vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) for Pain
Prevention & Wellness
- How Fast-Food Cues Can Lead You to Overeat
- A Pantry Makeover for a Healthier Diet
- It's the Latest Diet Craze, But Is It Safe?
- 5 Tasty Diet Desserts
- One Type of Diet Can Add Years to Your Life
- With Stress and Trauma Come Excess Weight
- America's Love Affair With Sugary Sodas Is Fading
- Healthier Diet, Less Salt: The Recipe to Beat High Blood Pressure
- Holiday Parties Minus the Calorie Crunch
- 5 Diet Minefields to Avoid
- 5 Ways to Eat More Veggies
- Where Do Grains Fit in Your Diet?
- Do You Really Need to Eat Breakfast?
- Tracking Calories Has Never Been Easier
- 100-Calorie Snack Suggestions
- How Foods Labeled 'Healthy' Can Still Make You Fat
- Heart-Lung Fitness Challenged in Early Full-Term Babies
- The Cold Truth About Cold Cuts
- Food Stamp Benefits May Lower Health Care Costs
- U.S. Pays a Hefty Price for Obesity
- Health Tip: Healthy Brain Suggestions
- Putting Wine on a Diet
- Survey: 9 of 10 Americans Take Cancer Prevention Steps
- High, Low Levels of Magnesium Linked to Dementia Risk
- One Weight-Loss Surgery Shows Lasting Results
- Cancer Treatment Can Affect Your Food Preferences
- Restaurant Rules for Weight Loss
- Even Teens Can Suffer Organ Damage From High Blood Pressure
- Cutting the Fat From Your Favorite Brews
- Gut Bacteria Influence Diet Success: Study
- Which Single Behavior Best Prevents High Blood Pressure?
- Smoking, Poor Diet Lead Global Death Causes
- Increasing Salt Intake Tied to Diabetes Risk
- Does Mother's Mental Health Affect Pregnancy?
- 5 No-Calorie Hunger Busters
- Could Artificial Sweeteners Raise Your Diabetes Risk?
- Clues to MS May Lurk in Gut Bacteria
- Widening Waistlines May Raise Women's Cancer Risk
- Lifestyle Tips for Better Diabetes Control
- 'Healthy' Obese Still Face Higher Heart Risks
- The Truth About Exercise and Calorie Burn
- Remember This: A Healthy Body Keeps the Mind Sharp, Too
- Acid Reflux? Try Going Vegetarian
- Here's the Recipe to Keep Colon Cancer at Bay
- Uptick in U.S. Stroke Deaths Sets Off Alarms: CDC
- You're Only as Full as You Expect to Be
- Health Tip: Diet and Activity May Help Prevent Cancer
- Health Tip: Avoid These Beverages to Fight Insomnia
- Brain Scans Offer Clues to Why Some Teens Pile on Pounds
- Pediatricians Sound Alarm on Rapid Weight Changes in Young Athletes
- Play It Smart: Stay in School for a Healthier Heart
- Diet Study Suggests It's Carbs, Not Fats, That Are Bad for You
- Health Tip: Avoid Juice Before Age 1
- Too Much TV May Cost You Your Mobility
- High Salt Intake May Double Heart Failure Risk
- Drink Coffee, Live Longer?
- Make Exercise a Work-in-Progress
- The Benefits of a Weekly Diet Plan
- Human Gut Germs Dictated by Diet
- More Support for Tight Blood Pressure Control
- Kids' Cases of High Blood Pressure May Rise Under New Guidelines
- High-Cal Foods May Raise Cancer Risk in Women, Even Without Weight Gain
- 4 Ways to Jazz Up Your Salad
- When You're the Only One on a Diet
- Picky Eater? It Might Just Be Your Child's Personality
- Does Less Sleep Make You Less Healthy?
- Protein at All 3 Meals May Help Preserve Seniors' Strength
- Health Tip: Fueling Your Body With Protein
- Can Breast Milk Feed a Love of Vegetables?
- Health Tip: Protect Your Kids From Lead
- Doctors Who 'Fat-Shame' Patients Can Cause Real Harm
- Rich, Well-Educated Get Bigger Bang for Buck From Mediterranean Diet
- Breast-Feeding Lowers Mom's Breast Cancer Risk: Study
- Do Your Pearly Whites Sometimes Cause You Pain?
- Obesity in Teen Years Tied to Colon Cancer Risk in Adulthood
- 'Diet Foods' to Skip
- Here's Why a Soda With That Burger Is Especially Fattening
- Good Diet, Exercise While Pregnant Could Cut C-section Risk
- Women Driven to Be Thinner When Husband Is Hot
- More Than 100 Million Americans Have Diabetes or Prediabetes: CDC
- Resisting the Seduction of a Buffet
- Not All Plant Foods Are Equal
- Could Artificial Sweeteners Raise Your Odds for Obesity?
- Better Diet, Longer Life?
- Docs Should Counsel Even Healthy People on Diet, Exercise, Experts Say
- Daily Jolt of Java May Bring Longer Life
- Health Tip: Don't Pass the Salt, Please
- Sugary Drinks in Pregnancy Tied to Heavier Kids Later
- Reset Your Taste Buds for Less Sugar
- Could a Sweet Tooth in Pregnancy Spur Allergies in Kids?
- 7 Ways to Cut 50 Calories Every Day
- Childhood Poverty May Predict Heart Failure in Adulthood
- Health Tip: Create a Food-and-Activity Journal
- Could Shift Work Damage Your DNA?
- Fish Eaters Report Less Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
- Breast-Feeding Tied to Lower Heart, Stroke Risk for Mom
- Tips to Curb Nighttime Eating
- Breaking Bad (Eating Habits)
- High-Intensity Exercise May Be Bad for the Bowels
- Better Sleep for Better Weight Loss
- Higher Pregnancy Weight Tied to Raised Odds for Birth Defects
- Healthy Dietary Fats Help Beat High Cholesterol
- Happy Marriage, Healthier Spouses
- Could Your Breakfast Cloud Your Judgment?
- Protein Powerhouses
- Even Your Bones Can Get Fat, Mouse Study Suggests
- Does a Low-Fat Dairy Habit Boost Parkinson's Risk?
- The Facts on Flax
- Toddlers Who Drink Cow's Milk Alternatives May Be Shorter
- Americans Buying Less Salt-Laden Foods
- Health Tip: Make Healthier Choices for Weight Loss
- Add Fiber Without Extra Calories
- Baby Teeth Study Points to Links Between Autism, Lead Levels
- Diet Journaling Made Easier
- Lentils: The Forgotten Legumes
- Preschoolers Who Know Snack-Food Brands on Road to Obesity?
- Health Tip: Know Your Risk for Obesity
- The Whole Truth About Whole Fruits
- Fitness Trackers Highly Inaccurate in Counting Calories Burned: Study
- Special Diets, Supplements for Autism Still a Question Mark
- 5 Food Groups to Jump-Start Nutrition
- 3 Key Lifestyle Factors Can Lower Breast Cancer Odds
- No Fruit Juice Before Age 1, Pediatricians Say
- Cut Calories, Lengthen Life Span?
- Fruits, Veggies May Benefit Your Legs, Too
- Health Tip: Your Diet as You Age
- More Fruits and Veggies Can Slash Obesity Odds
- Just 2 Weeks on the Couch Can Trigger Body's Decline
- Nuts! Good Medicine for Colon Cancer Survivors?
- This Combo Workout May Suit Obese Seniors Best
- Drink Water, Fight Fat?
- How Much Water Do You Really Need?
- Health Tip: Are You Truly Hungry?
- America Loves Fast Food
- Stop Sabotaging Your Diet
- Eat This Diet to Lower Your Odds for Painful Gout
- 'Balloon-in-a-Pill' Spurs Weight Loss, Health Benefits: Study
- Just 5 Percent of Daily Salt Gets Added at the Table
- 7 Common Exercise Errors
- 5 Great Diet Breakfasts
- Planning Your Diet Plan
- Is This Enzyme Making You Fat?
- Too Many People Still Ignore Heart Attack Risks: Study
- Eating Gluten-Free Without a Medical Reason?
- Could Fasting Every Other Day Help You Lose More Weight?
- Cooking at Home Means Eating Better, Spending Less
- U.S. Toddlers Eat More French Fries Than Vegetables
- Exercise and Vitamin D: A Heart-Healthy Combo
- Who You Are May Affect Your Diet More Than Where You Shop
- Is a Low-Salt Diet Always Healthy?
- Counting Your Way to Weight Loss
- Love Chocolate? Potato Chips? Your Genes Might Be to Blame
- Do Diet Sodas Pose Health Risks?
- Health Tip: Pregnant Women Need Omega-3 Fats
- Thinking of Going Organic?
- Health Tip: Help Manage Constipation
- Get to Know the Mediterranean Diet
- Trans Fat Bans May Have Cut Heart Attack, Stroke Rate
- 10 Minutes of Sweat a Day Helps Kids' Hearts
- Race May Play Role in Obese Teens' Blood Pressure
- A Surprising Culprit Behind Celiac Disease?
- Multivitamins May Not Help Men's Hearts, Even When Diet Is Poor
- Good Sleep Does Get Tougher With Age
- 'Yo-Yo' Dieting Does No Favors for Your Heart
- What's the 'SuperAgers' Mental Secret?
- Study Links Celiac Disease, Anorexia
- Infections More Common in People With Schizophrenia
- The Saltiest Foods May Surprise You
- Drug Tied to Dementia Risk Overprescribed to Seniors: Study
- Want Cheap and Healthy Meals? Cook at Home
- Need More Zzzzz's?
- Less Salt, Fewer Nighttime Bathroom Trips?
- Keep Colon Cancer at Bay
- Health Tip: Good Habits Prompt Healthier Eating
- Daily Glass of Beer, Wine Might Do a Heart Good
- Vitamin E, Selenium Supplements Won't Curb Men's Dementia Risk
- Health Tip: Managing Metabolic Syndrome
- Obesity in Youth Tied to Higher Odds for Liver Cancer in Men
- Remote Amazon Tribe May Have Healthiest Hearts on Earth
- Eating for Two Often Doesn't Translate Into a Healthier Diet
- Intensive Treatment Shows Potential Against Type 2 Diabetes
- Cystic Fibrosis Survival Better in Canada Than in U.S.
- Mediterranean Diet May Ease Chronic Pain of Obesity
- Smart Food Pricing Could Bring Healthier Choices
- Downside to Gluten-Free Diets: Diabetes Risk?
- 1 in 7 Obese People Has Normal Blood Pressure, Cholesterol
- Bad Diets Tied to 400,000 U.S. Deaths in 2015
- Pot Use Tied to Higher Odds for Stroke, Heart Failure
- Health Tip: Too Much Sugar May Impact Sleep
- Genes Plus Erratic Sleep May Raise Odds for Obesity
- Americans With High Blood Pressure Still Eating Too Much Salt
- Toothache? Neanderthals Might Have Reached for Aspirin, Too
- Health Highlights: March 7, 2017
- Poor Diet Tied to Half of U.S. Deaths From Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Dining Out Can Doom a Diet
- Obesity May Raise Girls' Risk of Asthma, Allergies
- Health Tip: Staying Full on a Vegetarian Diet
- Bad Diet in Youth Might Raise Risk of Early Breast Cancer
- Colon Cancer on the Rise Among Gen Xers, Millennials
- Some Health Fads May Not Be All That Healthy
- What Works Best to Help Overweight Folks Eat Healthier?
- Hip Fracture's Link to Early Death May Last Years
- DNA Tests Show Subway Chicken Sandwiches Short on Chicken
- Can an Apple a Day Keep COPD Away?
- Belly Fat More Dangerous in Older Women Than Being Overweight
- For Stroke Survivors, Exercise Is Good for the Brain: Review
- A Stressed Life May Mean a Wider Waistline
- Exercise a Powerful Ally for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Health Tip: Get Your Mouth Healthy Before Cancer Treatment
- Health Tip: Reducing Your Heart Disease Risk
- Most Parents Don't Think They're Meeting Kids' Nutritional Needs
- Does Mercury in Fish Play a Role in ALS?
- Tired of the Ups and Downs of Yo-Yo Dieting?
- Possible Drawback to Gluten-Free: Toxic Metals
- Cutting Salt a Health Boost for Kidney Patients
- Genes Tied to Belly Size Also Linked to Heart Disease
- FDA Issues Warning About Balloon Obesity Treatments
- Mediterranean Diet Plus Olive Oil a Boost to Heart Health?
- Could Fermented Foods Boost Your Health?
- Be Your Child's Valentine
- Divorce May Shrink an Older Woman's Waistline…
- Heart-Healthy Tips for Your Grocery List
- Health Tip: Eating a Healthy Diet
- Palm Oil: The New Fat Under Fire
- Whole-Grain Foods May Help You Stay Slim
- Calcium Buildup in Young Arteries May Signal Heart Attack Risk
- 8 Ways to Help Kids Dodge Germs
- Skimp on Sleep and You Just May Wind Up Sick
- Many Hospital Workers Are an Unhealthy Lot: Study
- Health Tip: For Better Sleep, Watch What You Eat
- U.S. High School Kids Abandoning Sweetened Sodas
- Eating Disorders Rampant on the Runway
- Dueling Quarterback Diets: Matt Ryan vs. Tom Brady
- Fat Near the Heart a Hazard for Postmenopausal Women
- What You Don't Know About Cancer Can Kill You
- Timing of Your Meals Might Reduce Heart Risks
- Gut Bacteria May Link Diet, Colon Cancer, Study Says
- Kids' Sugary Drink Habits Start Early
- U.S. Cancer Deaths Decline Over Three Decades
- Even One High-Fat Meal Can Harm Your Liver, Study Finds
- Study Counters Link Between Excess Pregnancy Weight and Overweight Kids
- Health Tip: Graduating High School?
- Former President George H.W. Bush Hospitalized
- 17 Million U.S. Adults May Have Tough-to-Spot High Blood Pressure
- Study Boosts Theory That Fewer Calories Can Extend Life
- Incentives May Spur Poor Families to Buy More Fruits, Veggies
- Hot Chili Peppers May Extend Life: Study
- For a Colicky Baby, You Might Give Acupuncture a Try
- Health Tip: Stick With Your Healthy-Eating Resolution
- Blood Levels of Meat-Linked Chemical Tied to Odds of Heart Trouble
- Lots of Red Meat May Be Tied to Gut Disorder in Men
- New Guidelines Reaffirm Prenatal Folic Acid to Curb Birth Defects
- Special Diet May Be Boon for Kids With Crohn's, Colitis
- Health Tip: Improve Your Diet
- Can You Play 'Catch-Up' and Be Healthy?
- Weight-Loss Surgery Offers Long-Term Benefit to Very Obese Teens
- Health Tip: Protecting Your Health
- Heartburn Drugs May Raise Risk of Stomach Infections: Study
- Plant-Based Diets Score Big for Healthy Weight Loss
- More Signs Mediterranean Diet May Boost Your Brain
- Weight Loss May Ease Psoriasis Symptoms, Study Finds
- New Guidelines Urge Early Intro to Peanut Products in High-Risk Infants
- Resolve to Reduce Your Cancer Risk This Year
- U.S. News & World Report Again Ranks the DASH Diet as the Best Overall Diet
- Secrets of Metabolism
- 'Teen' Finds Minors Can Buy Bodybuilding Supplement at Health Food Stores
- Fish Oil During Pregnancy May Cut Kids' Asthma Risk
- Could Anemia Cause Hearing Loss?
- Making New Year's Resolutions That Last
- Zika Fears, Opioid Abuse Crisis Top Health News for 2016
- Did Cavemen Use Toothpicks?
- Why Acne Can Strike Women After the Teen Years
- Does Santa's Diet, Lifestyle Earn Him a Stocking Full of Coal?
- Is Season the Reason Why Heart Deaths Spike at Christmas?
- High Pain Tolerance Tied to 'Silent' Heart Attack Risk
- Cured Meats Could Aggravate Asthma, Study Suggests
- Stay Safe, Play Safe in a Winter Wonderland
- Health Tip: Add Color to Your Food
- Used Safely, Donor Breast Milk Can Help Preemie Babies
- A Lengthy, Stable Marriage May Boost Stroke Survival
- Health Tip: Using a Food Diary
- Where You Live May Determine How You Die
- Smartphones, Tablets and Weight Gain in Teens
- Could Regular Pot Smoking Harm Vision?
- Healthy Diet May Mean Longer Life for Kidney Patients
- Certain Breast Cancer Drugs Tied to Blood Vessel Damage
- Heart Rate Change When Standing Up Might Predict Older Adult's Death Risk
- Even Small Rise in Blood Pressure Can Harm Black Patients
- Optimism May Propel Women to a Longer Life
- Yoga Called Good Medicine for High Blood Pressure
- Normal Blood Pressure in Clinic May Mask Hypertension
- Health Tip: Reduce Your Risk of Hip Fracture
- Low-Carb Diet May Aid Your Metabolism
- Vegetarian Diets Called Good for People and the Planet
- Health Tip: When You're a Caregiver With a Full-Time Job
- 3 Keys to Cutting Your Risk of Heart Failure
- Lifestyle, Stress May Play Role in Heart Rhythm Disorder
- Choose the Healthy Foods Options This Holiday Season
- Can Protein, Probiotics Help With Blood Sugar Control?
- Exercise Good for Cancer Patients During, After Treatment
- Meat-Heavy Diets May Raise Older Women's Heart Risks
- Tracking Blood Sugar in Pregnancy Might Lower Heart Defect Risk for Baby
- Germs on Smartphones Yield Clues to Owners' Lifestyles
- Doctors Talk About Getting Peanuts Into a Baby's Diet, Which May Cut Allergies
- Craving Salt? Your Genes May Be the Reason, Study Suggests
- DNA Isn't Destiny: Healthy Living Can Overcome Genes Linked to Heart Disease
- Could C-Section Birth Raise Child's Risk of Obesity?
- Omega-3s a Recipe for Healthy Blood Pressure in Young Adults
- Sugary, Caffeinated Drinks Could Cost You Sleep
- Daily Can of Soda Boosts Odds for Prediabetes, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Keep Psoriatic Arthritis Fatigue in Check
- Menopause Before 40? Risk of Broken Bones May Be Higher
- Premature Calcium Deposits May Trigger Premature Births: Study
- Additive in Processed Foods Tied to Colon Cancer in Mice
- Childhood Cancer Survivors Living Longer But Not Always Better
- Do Your Part to Stop Spreading Colds and Flu
- Health Tip: What Could Trigger Heart Palpitations?
- Balloon-in-a-Pill Helped Obese Patients Lose Weight
- Health Tip: Don't Give in to Food Cravings
- Many Kids Still Eating Too Much Salt
- Health Tip: Coping With a Chronic Cough
- Does 'Good' Cholesterol Matter in Heart Disease Risk?
- Weight-Loss Surgery Pays Off for Severely Obese Teens
- Review Says Calcium Supplements Won't Harm the Heart
- Survey: Doctor/Patient Disconnect on Cancer Prevention
- Mediterranean Diet, Caffeine May Be Good for Your Eyes
- Digestive Byproduct Tied to Meat Raises Risks for Some Heart Patients
- Exercise May Help People Who Already Have Memory Loss
- Even for Men at High Risk, Healthy Living May Help Prevent Colon Cancer
- Are Vegetarian Diets Heart-Healthier?
- Health Tip: Manage Psoriasis
- Exercise Can Help Manage Type 1 Diabetes
- Research Sheds Light on Why People Who Lose Weight Gain It Back
- Health Tip: Kids Don't Need a Low-Fat Diet
- Breast Cancer Deaths Continue to Decline in U.S.
- Health Tip: Get Enough Dietary Iron
- Exercise Typically Healthy During Pregnancy, Olympic Panel Says
- High-Protein Diets May Not Help Fend Off Diabetes: Study
- Calcium Supplements May Not Be Heart Healthy
- For Migraine Sufferers, Is a Chiropractor's Touch All in the Mind?
- Healthy Living May Mean More Healthy Years for Seniors
- Day Care Doesn't Encourage Weight Gain in Kids
- Have Humans Hit Their Longevity Limit?
- Do Activity Trackers Like Fitbit Boost Health?
- More Research Cites Salt's Potential Health Risks
- 'Mindfulness'-Based Approach Could Help You Stay Slim
- FDA Asks Public: What Is 'Healthy Food'?
- Are There Alternatives to Statins?
- Your Biological Clock: Why Some Age Faster Than Others
- Eliminate Sweetened Drinks, Cut Kids' Sugar Intake
- Can Pregnancy Problems Foretell Future Health Risks?
- Healthy Diet as Teen, Less Weight Gain as Adult
- Tips for Avoiding Back-to-School Germs, Illnesses
- Do Open Floor Plans Invite Overeating?
- Stress Might Undercut Benefits of Healthy Diet for Women
- Why the Teen Years May Not Be Lean Years
- Canada's First Nations People Face Greater Diabetes Risk
- Carrot-Stick Approach: A Way to Get Folks to Eat More Veggies, Fruits
- Healthy Diet May Be Key to Kids' Reading Skills
- Health Tip: Be Open With Your Doctor
- Severe Obesity and Heart Failure
- What's Behind the Gluten-Free Trend?
- Health Tip: For a Healthier Diet, Plan Ahead
- Diet or Exercise: What's Best for the Middle-Aged Heart
- Fruits, Veggies Powerful Rx for Kidney Disease: Study
- Intensive Type 2 Diabetes Treatment Can Extend Survival: Study
- Number of Americans on Gluten-Free Diet Tripled in 5 Years
- Fried, Grilled or Baked Foods? They May Affect Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Want Better Heart Health? There's an App for That
- Heart Birth Defects Dropped After Folic Acid Was Added to Food
- Study Bolsters Role of Angioplasty, Stents in Heart-Attack Survival
- Could Weight-Loss Surgery Boost Odds of Preemie Birth?
- No More Than 6 Teaspoons of Added Sugars a Day for Kids
- To Keep Teens Slim, Focus on Health not Weight
- 'Business Diet' a Bad Deal for the Heart
- Healthy Diet, Exercise May Help Keep Alzheimer's at Bay
- Heart Health May Hinge on Easy Access to Fresh Food
- Women's Cancer Risk Rises With Years Spent Overweight
- Unhealthy Habits May Cost Canadians 6 Years of Life
- Blood Pressure-Lowering Diet May Help Treat Gout
- Where Do Americans Buy Most of Their Junk Food?
- Task Force Calls for More Study Into Risks, Benefits of Kids' Cholesterol Screening
- What Mom-to-Be Eats Determines Bugs in Baby's Gut: Study
- Diet Supplement May Help Prevent Kidney Stones: Study
- Sugary, High-Fat Western Diet Tied to Denser Breast Tissue
- Nearly 1 in 4 U.S. Seniors Has Some Form of Disability
- Heart Risk Factors Rise Before Menopause
- Order Lunch Early, Lose Weight Later?
- Lots of Red Meat, an Earlier Grave?
- High Doses of Fish Oil Might Help Healing After Heart Attack
- Health Tip: Opt for Healthier Beverages
- Pregnancy Problems More Likely With Baby Boys, Study Suggests
- FDA OKs New Injectable Type 2 Diabetes Medication
- FDA Renews Call to Reduce Salt in Processed Foods
- People-Oriented Jobs May Help Lower Alzheimer's Risk
- Coming to a Brew Near You: Calorie Counts, Carbs Info
- Brisk Walking May Help Ward Off Diabetes
- Even High-Fat Mediterranean Diet Good for You: Review
- Cutting Down on Sweets Can Help Kids' Hearts
- Which Diabetes Drug Is Best?
- Healthy Fats Can Help Prevent Type 2 Diabetes: Study
- Health Tip: Pack Your Pantry With Heart-Healthy Staples
- Normal Weight May Not Protect Against Diabetes
- Gut Bacteria May Hold Clues to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Could More Fruits, Vegetables Make You Happier?
- Rising Blood Sugar Hitting More Obese Adults
- Alzheimer's Gene May Show Effects in Childhood
- How to Spot the Warning Signs of Heat Stroke
- Obesity More Deadly for Men Than Women: Study
- Weight Loss Might Reduce Cancer Risk: Study
- Dietary Mineral Could Be One Key to Blood Pressure Control
- Pedal Away From Type 2 Diabetes
- Health Tip: Go Easy on the Condiments
- Study Suggests Type 2 Diabetes-Cancer Link
- Global Team Taps Into DNA Behind Type 2 Diabetes
- Health Tip: Measure Your Waist Circumference
- Health Tip: Logging What You Eat
- Drink Water, Stay Slimmer?
- U.S. Teens Less Sweet on Soft Drinks
- Study Cites the Fats That Could Shorten Your Life
- Is U.S. Government Subsidizing Fattening Foods?
- Now Pasta Is Good for Your Diet?
- Has Butter Gotten a Bad Rap?
- Uncle Sam Wants You ... Slimmer
- Want to Stay Mobile as You Age? A Healthy Diet May Do the Trick
- Health Tip: Toddlers Should Get Vitamins From Diet
- Looks-Conscious Teens Trying Risky Supplements
- Fiber: The Rx for Disease-Free Aging
- Most Americans Are Eating Better
- Are Commercial Brain-Training Programs Worth It?
- Heart Disease Down Among Over-40 Americans
- FAQ: New 'Stomach Pump' Weight Loss Device
- 5 Diet Drugs: Which Ones Work?
- Spare the Meat, Skip the Type 2 Diabetes?
- Mixed News on Drinking and Heart Health
- Could Eating More Whole Grains Help You Live Longer?
- 3 Popular Diet Plans May Help Ease Type 2 Diabetes, Too
- Americans Living Longer and Better
- Middle-Age Fitness Helps Ward Off Stroke Later
- Health Tip: Fight Inflammation With Diet and Exercise
- Coming Soon: A Wearable Artificial Kidney?
- Shift Workers at Greater Risk of Heart Ills, Study Says
- Healthy Fats in Mediterranean Diet Won't Boost Weight
- 15.5 Million Americans Now Surviving Cancer: Report
- Genes Might Help Shield Some Black Men From Obesity
- Dinner on Your Doorstep: Are Meal Kits Worth It?
- Smog Can Make Blood Pressure Soar: Studies
- Health Tip: Women, Don't Neglect Your Health
- Lifestyle Change May Cut Risk for Women With Breast Cancer Genes
- Healthy Living May Offset Genetic Breast Cancer Risk
- No Welcome Mats for Diabetes, Obesity in 'Walkable' Neighborhoods
- Living Near Fast-Food Places Hurts Less-Educated Most
- Time to Drop the 'No-Eating Rule' Before Colonoscopy?
- Could a Low-Salt Diet Hurt Your Health?
- Fatty Foods During Teen Years May Influence Later Breast Cancer Risk
- Health Tip: Reduce Your Risk of a Stress Fracture
- Folic Acid for Moms-to-Be Not as Effective as Thought?
- Giving Certain Foods Early May Cut Allergy Risk
- Health Tip: Going Low-Calorie?
- Could Spuds Be Bad for Blood Pressure?
- Health Tip: Boost Your Mood
- Devout Women May Enjoy Better Health
- More Support for Aggressive Blood Pressure Treatment for Elderly
- Joe Montana Scoring Points Against Heart Disease
- Gestational Diabetes May Lead to More Body Fat on Babies
- Is Ovary Removal Tied to Colon Cancer Risk?
- Health Tip: Cleanse Your Body Naturally
- 5 Warning Signs of Stroke
- Too Much Folic Acid in Pregnancy Tied to Raised Autism Risk in Study
- DNA May Affect What Bugs Reside in Your Gut
- Does Fat-Storing Hormone Cause Obesity?
- Teens Who Eat Lots of Fruit May Lower Their Breast Cancer Risk: Study
- Stroke Hospitalization Down for Many in U.S.
- FDA to Re-examine What Makes a Food 'Healthy'
- Artificial Sweeteners During Pregnancy May Make for Heavier Infants
- Restrictive Diets May Cause Thyroid Troubles in Young Kids
- Stay Lean, Live Longer
- Widely Used Heart Drug Tied to Dementia Risk
- Fatty Foods, Drowsy Days
- Health Tip: Trim Daily Calories
- Even Non-Obese Report Better Mood, Sex Drive After Dieting
- Managing Allergies, Asthma 101
- Coffee, Wine Good for Healthy Gut, Sodas May Be Bad
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- Health Tip: Choose Energy-Boosting Foods
- Babies Fed Rice-Based Cereals Have Higher Arsenic Levels, Study Finds
- Could Certain Fatty Foods Be Linked to Aggressive Prostate Cancer?
- Focus on Healthy Foods, Not Avoiding 'Bad' Ones, for Heart Health: Study
- Warfarin Can Be Safe, Effective for People With Irregular Heartbeat
- Cow's Milk Allergy in Childhood May Lead to Weaker Bones: Study
- Alcohol, Processed Meats May Raise Stomach Cancer Risk
- Health Tip: Start Changing Your Lifestyle
- Have Scientists Found 'Virginity Genes'?
- After Pregnancy-Linked Diabetes, Healthy Diet May Ease Blood Pressure
- Low-Fat Diets May Help Older Women With Breast Cancer Survive Longer: Study
- Common Heartburn Drugs Linked to Kidney Disease in Study
- Health Tip: Keep a Diabetes Diary
- Obesity in Teens Seems to Raise Risk for Illness, Death in Middle Age
- Does Exercise Help or Hinder Your Diet?
- Could Fast Food Expose People to Harmful Chemicals?
- Diabetes Cases Quadruple Worldwide Since 1980: Report
- Fruit Every Day Might Help Your Heart, Researchers Say
- The Health Risks Posed by Mindless Munching
- A Few Key Steps Can Protect Your Heart and Kidneys
- Sugary Drinks, 'Bad' Carbs Tied to Breast, Prostate Cancers
- FDA: 2 Diabetes Drugs May Be Linked to Heart Failure Risk
- A New Health Perk for Coffee Drinkers?
- FDA Suggests Limit for Arsenic in Infant Rice Cereal
- Waistline May Predict Heart Disease Better Than Weight
- Non-Surgical Procedure May Be New Weight-Loss Tool
- 'Paleo' Diet May Help Older Women's Hearts, Waistlines
- Evening Snacking Might Raise Odds for Breast Cancer's Return
- Beans, Chickpeas May Help With Weight Loss: Study
- Mediterranean Diet May Help Lower Hip Fracture Risk in Older Women
- Healthy Amount of Vitamin C Might Keep Cataracts at Bay
- Less Than 3 Percent of Americans Live a Healthy Lifestyle
- The Sounds You Make Eating May Be a Diet Aid
- U.S. Heart Disease Deaths Shifting South
- Health Tip: Getting Enough Calories During Pregnancy
- School-Based 'Overweight Warnings' May Not Keep Girls Slim
- Mom's Smoking May Put Kids at Higher Risk of COPD in Adulthood
- Half of Americans' Calories Come From 'Ultra-Processed' Foods
- Vitamin D a No Go for Arthritic Knees, Study Finds
- Six Ways to Reduce Your Risk of Colon Cancer
- U.S. Pediatricians to Add Poverty to Well-Visit Checklist
- Drinking More Water May Help Your Diet
- Optimistic Outlook May Boost Hispanics' Heart Health
- Supervised Exposure Therapy for Peanut Allergy Lasts, Study Finds
- Consistent Self-Weighing Might Give Your Diet a Boost
- Lazy Weekends May Boost Body Fat, Study Shows
- ADHD Meds Tied to Lower Bone Density in Kids
- Certain Jobs Hazardous to Your Heart Health, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Keep Skin Looking Young
- Alzheimer's Risk: Do You Want to Know?
- Health Tip: Prepping for Pregnancy
- Health Tip: Take Stock of Your Eating Habits
- Prenatal Diet Rich in Vitamin D May Cut Allergy Risk in Kids: Study
- Cholesterol in Eggs May Not Hurt Heart Health: Study
- Organic Milk and Meat Have Higher Nutrient Levels: Study
- Do Benefits of City Gardening Outweigh Risks?
- New Type of Weight-Loss Surgery May Be Less Risky, Cheaper
- Widely Used Heartburn Drugs Linked to Dementia Risk in Study
- Varied Diets May Not Curb Childhood Obesity, Study Suggests
- The 5 Things You Need in a Weight Loss Plan
- Health Tip: Plan Family Meals and Exercise
- Health Tip: If You're Not Hungry
- Health Tip: Eating Iron-Rich Foods
- Healthier Diets May Be Cutting Heart, Diabetes Risks in U.S. Teens
- Health Tip: Restrict Your Diet Before Colonoscopy
- ADHD Tied to Obesity Risk for Girls, Study Contends
- Health Tip: Understanding Metabolism
- Weight Loss Starting at Midlife Tied to Later Dementia Risk in Study
- Seafood Might Protect Brain in People at Genetic Risk for Alzheimer's
- 'Til Weight Loss Do Us Part?
- Girls Who Eat More Fiber May Face Lower Breast Cancer Risk Later: Study
- Exercise Has Its Limits for Losing Weight, Study Finds
- Higher Fiber Intake May Improve Lung Function
- Exercise: Is More Always Better?
- Soy May Counter Effects of BPA in Women Undergoing Fertility Treatments
- Eating Certain Fruits, Veggies May Help a Bit With Weight Control
- Kombucha Tea/Alcohol: Is It Safe?
- Eating More Healthy Fats May Extend Life, Study Suggests
- New IBS Drug Eases Stomach Pain and Diarrhea for Some: Study
- Health Tip: Follow the 'Simple 7' For a Healthier Heart
- Should You Eat Like Tom Brady?
- Health Warning Labels Might Help Parents Skip the Soda Aisle
- Health Tip: Get Enough Nutrients
- Sugary Drinks Tied to Increase in Deep Belly Fat
- Heavy Waiters, Waitresses May Prompt Bigger Orders: Study
- Are We Programmed to Overeat in Winter?
- Americans Still Consume Too Much Salt: CDC
- Dietary Guidelines Draw Praise, Criticism
- Mexico's Soda Tax Linked to Reduced Consumption
- Diet and Exercise Benefit People With Heart Failure
- Financial Incentives Don't Spur Employee Weight Loss, Study Finds
- Could Higher Vitamin D Doses Harm Seniors Prone to Falls?
- People May Eat More of a Food That's Labeled 'Healthy'
- DASH Diet Ranks Best for Sixth Time
- New Rules for Mammograms, Tanning Beds Top Health News of 2015
- Health Tip: Watching Calories
- Health Tip: Meditation May Help Your Heart
- Health Tip: Keeping Diabetes in Check During the Holidays
- Possible New Weight-Loss Tool: Blocking Stomach Artery
- Health Tip: Get the Facts on Iodine
- One Person's ‘Healthy' May Be Another's Junk Food
- More Gluten Before Age 2 Linked to Celiac Disease in At-Risk Kids
- Coffee Drinkers May Live Longer
- Food Allergies Tied to Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Angioplasty May Not Boost Survival for Some Heart Disease Patients
- Health Tip: Feeding Your Child a Vegetarian Diet
- Lower Blood Pressure Target Could Save Lives: Study
- Home Cooking May Help Keep Type 2 Diabetes at Bay
- Studies Explore Link Between Diet, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Barbecued, Pan-Fried Meat May Boost Kidney Cancer Risk
- Too Few U.S. Hispanics Have Cholesterol Under Control
- Could Brain Stimulation Be a Way to Weight Loss?
- Count Bites, Subtract the Pounds
- Junk Food Not to Blame for America's Obesity Epidemic: Study
- Better Diets May Be Extending Americans' Lives
- Sweetened Drinks Might Raise Men's Risk for Heart Failure
- More Belly Fat in First Trimester Linked to Diabetes Risk Later in Pregnancy
- Weight, Exercise May Affect Children's Thinking Skills
- Low-Fat Diets No Better Than Other Plans: Study
- Cutting Sugar From Diet Boosts Kids' Health Immediately: Study
- Death Rates From Major Illnesses Fall in U.S.
- Secret to Staying Slim May Be as Close as Your Fruit Bowl
- Health Tip: Plan for a Healthier Lifestyle
- Mediterranean Diet May Keep Your Mind Healthier in Old Age
- Crohn's Disease Treatments for Kids May Not Get Gut Back to Normal
- Mixed Martial Arts Fighters May Go to Dangerous Lengths to Shed Pounds
- Could Bugs Help End World Hunger? FAQ
- Health Tip: Stop Late-Night Snacking
- Health Tip: Make Good Gluten-Free Choices
- Higher-Protein Diet May Help Some With Type 2 Diabetes
- Sweetened Drinks May Damage Heart, Review Finds
- More Evidence High-Fiber, Mediterranean Diet Is Good for You
- Potatoes, Tomatoes Make Up Bulk of Americans' Veggie Intake
- Health Tip: Preventing Childhood Obesity
- FAQ: Pregnancy Complications and Your Heart
- Apples Are American Kids' Favorite Fruit
- Cancer Still the Leading Cause of Death for U.S. Hispanics: Report
- Sugary Drinks Often Part of Overall Poor Diet
- Air Pollution Exposure May Boost Risk of Early Death
- Diet Sodas May Not Help You Lose Weight, Study Contends
- Very High-Calorie Diets Show How Overeating May Lead to Diabetes
- Exercise, Supplements Like Fish Oil Won't Keep Elderly Sharper: Studies
- Health Tip: Having Heart Palpitations
- Can What You Eat Affect Your Mental Health?
- Health Tip: Diet Affects Your Dental Health
- Diabetes Drug Might Also Help Some Patients Lose Weight
- Low-Fat May Beat Low-Carb Diet for Trimming Body Fat: Study
- Health Tip: Strive to Lose Weight
- Saturated Fats: What to Know Now
- Jury Still Out on Whether Saturated Fat Is Bad for You, Researchers Say
- Health Tip: Get the Facts About Calories
- More Evidence That Southern Cooking Boosts Heart Risk
- Cutting Certain Carbs Might Not Ease Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- The Most Effective Way to Protect an Aging Brain
- Health Tip: Set a Date to Lose the Weight
- Health Tip: Plan to Eat Healthier
- Does Facebook Lead Young Women to Dangerous Diets?
- FDA OKs First of New Class of Cholesterol Drugs
- Daily Value for Added Sugars Coming to Food Labels
- Consumers Take the Food Ingredient Fight Online
- The Dirty Secrets of 'Clean' Labels
- High Soda Intake May Boost Diabetes Risk, Even Without Obesity
- The Dreaded 'Dad Bod' Is Real
- Time Spent Sitting May Not Affect Diet, Study Suggests
- More Exercise = More Fat Loss for Older Women, Study Finds
- Most Obese People Will Never Reach Normal Weight: Study
- Could That Before-Dinner Drink Make You Eat More?
- Only 1 in 10 Americans Eats Enough Fruits and Veggies: CDC
- Cost a Barrier to Healthier Diets for Diabetic Kids, Study Shows
- Anti-Vaccine Trend Has Parents Shunning Newborns' Vitamin Shot
- Keeping Fit May Halve Seniors' Heart Failure Risk
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Beat Diet, Exercise as Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
- Promise From a New Weight-Loss Drug
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Help Ease Incontinence: Study
- Fat No Longer the Focus of New U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- Parents Should Set Good Example to Keep Kids Slim, Pediatrics Group Says
- Any Added Sugar Is Bad Sugar, Some Experts Contend
- Social Anxiety? Fermented Foods May Help
- Trans Fats From Foods May Worsen Memory, Study Finds
- FDA Tells Food Industry to Stop Using Artificial Trans Fats
- Dieters May Lose Fewer Pounds When They Choose Their Weight-Loss Plan
- More Research Hints at Chocolate's Heart Benefits
- FDA: Farewell to Trans Fats
- Chamomile Tea Tied to Longer Lives for Mexican-American Women
- Special Diets, Supplements Not Always Helpful for Kids With Autism
- 'Gut Feelings': More Than Heartburn, Indigestion?
- Can This Test Predict Your Risk of Dying by 2020?
- A Pound of Weight Gain on a Single Plate?
- Health Tip: Factors That May Lead to Weight Gain
- Marriage Before College Graduation Tied to More Weight Gain
- Vegan Diet Might Ease Diabetic Nerve Pain
- Mediterranean Diet Tied to Lower Odds of Uterine Cancer
- More Evidence That High-Fiber Diet May Curb Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Too Few Younger, High-Risk Americans Get a Colonoscopy: Study
- Vitamin D Levels Tied to Survival in Seriously Ill Cats
- Weight Training's Benefits May Depend on Genetics
- Health Tip: Cutting Down on Cholesterol in Kids' Diets
- Your Plate May Hold the Key to Alzheimer's
- Americans' Blood Triglyceride Levels Dropping: CDC
- Higher Altitude May Lead to Lower Weight, Study Contends
- Health Tip: Facing Emotions Without Cigarettes
- High-Protein Diet May Be Dangerous for Those at Risk of Heart Disease
- Vitamin D Supplements Might Help Some Lose Weight
- When You Eat, Not Just What, May Impact Health
- Many Aging Boomers Face Chronic Illness, But Death Rate Is Falling: CDC
- Healthy Eating May Shield the Aging Brain
- Health Tip: Are Bad Habits Triggering Weight Gain?
- Healthy Lifestyle May Boost Colon Cancer Survival
- Health Tip: Moms, Make Time for Yourself
- 3 Steps May Boost Healthier Eating
- Health Tip: Fight Food-Related Peer Pressure
- Coming Soon: A Test to Gauge Your Obesity Risk?
- Start Healthy Eating Habits Early to Head Off Obesity in Kids
- Study Challenges Salt Guidelines for Kids
- Just 1 Hour of Daily TV Boosts Kids' Obesity Risk, Study Suggests
- Moderate Drinking May Be Less Beneficial for Blacks
- Foods That Help Keep the Pounds Off as You Age
- Health Tip: Live Healthier to Help Prevent Osteoporosis
- Many U.S. Shoppers Choose Low-Salt Fare
- Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig Beat Other Commercial Diet Plans, Study Finds
- Doctor's Advice May Help Prompt Weight Loss
- Health Tip: Make Healthier Choices When Ordering Pizza
- Eat Right to Protect Your Sight
- 3 Drinks Per Day May Raise Liver Cancer Risk, But Coffee Lowers It
- Could a Diet Help Shield You From Alzheimer's?
- More Whole Grains May Boost Life Span
- Premature Deaths Down in 60 Percent of U.S. Counties
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Baby's Spit-Up
- Blood Fats Hold Vitamin E Captive, Study Shows
- Can Fish Oil Help Boys With ADHD Pay Attention?
- Health Tip: Taking Care of Your Aging Skin
- Health Tip: Evaluating a Weight-Loss Program
- L.A. Law Curbing Fast Food Didn't Cut Obesity Rates: Study
- Kids' Bad Diets May Mean Worse Health as Adults
- Diet Sodas Linked to Widening Waistlines in Seniors: Study
- Coffee and Your Health: FAQ
- Healthy Lifestyle May Guard Against Dementia
- Depression May Worsen Problem of Obesity Among the Poor
- Vegetarian Diet May Lower Colon Cancer Risk, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Benefits From Proper Diet and Exercise
- Nuts, Fat, Added Sugars: New Research
- Veggie-Rich Diets May Mean Lower Heart Risks
- Healthy Living in Middle Age Keeps Heart Failure at Bay Decades Later
- Mouse Study Points to Potential Weight-Loss Agent
- Gut Germs May Influence Success of Weight Loss Surgery
- Another Study Finds Mediterranean Diet May Cut Heart Risks
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids May Stem Further Damage After Heart Attack
- Fried Foods Tied to Raised Heart Failure Risk
- Nuts May Lengthen Your Life, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Count Your Calories
- Good Supermarkets in Poor Areas May Not Prompt Better Eating
- Surprises in Proposed New Dietary Guidelines
- Health Tip: Eat Right to Get Through Winter
- Could a Bad Night's Sleep Make You Eat More Fatty Food?
- Health Tip: Maintaining Healthy Habits
- U.S. Dietary Guidelines Take Aim at Sugar
- A Little Fat, Sugar OK for Kids If Diet Is Healthy: Study
- Study Questions Benefits of Treadmill Desks
- Healthy Eating Up Worldwide, But Unhealthy Eating Up Even More: Study
- Eating More Fiber Helped People Lose Weight, Researchers Report
- Mediterranean Diet May Lower Stroke Risk, Study Finds
- Meat-Heavy, High-Acid Diet Poses Risk for Those With Kidney Disease: Study
- Proposed Dietary Guidelines Not a Green Light to Eat What You Want
- U.S. Advisers Rethink Cholesterol Risk From Foods: Report
- Health Tip: Adding More Omega-3 Fatty Acids to Your Diet
- Is the Advice on Fat in Your Diet Wrong?
- Toddler Snacks, Meals Have Lots of Salt and Sugar: Study
- Health Tip: Handling Your Child's Fears About Weight
- Soda Habit May Prompt Early Puberty in Girls, Study Suggests
- Prolonged High Cholesterol in Middle Age Raises Heart Risk Later: Study
- Allergy Tests and Food Diets: What Parents Need To Know
- Experts See Place for Weight-Loss Drugs in Obesity Treatment
- Pizza Takes a Slice Out of Kids' Health, Study Finds
- A Bit More Salt Each Day May Not Harm Older Adults
- Therapy Dogs Help Cancer Patients Cope With Tough Treatments
- Eating Right Helps Prevent Type 2 Diabetes in Women
- For Pastors, It's Easy to Pack on the Pounds
- More Than 1 in 10 Use Daily Aspirin Inappropriately
- Cooler Temps May Boost Calorie-Burning 'Brown Fat,' Mouse Study Suggests
- Top Healthy Habits for Your Heart
- Health Tip: Don't Turn to Fad Diets to Drop Pounds
- Many Consumers Misled About Bogus Weight-Loss Supplements, Survey Says
- Big-Name Diets All Work for a While, Review Found
- Should You Jump on the Protein Bandwagon?
- Health Tip: Change Your Diet to Help Lower Blood Pressure
- Study Finds U.S. Diets Still Contain Too Many Bad Fats
- Tall, Heavy 1-Year-Olds May Be at Risk for Obesity Later, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Snacking After School
- Health Tip: Dish Up Healthier Halloween Goodies
- Frequent Dining Out Might Widen Your Waistline, Study Finds
- Dieters May Be Thwarted by Absence of Healthy Foods
- 'To Burn Off Calories in This Soda, Walk 5 Miles'
- Race Doesn't Affect Obesity's Toll on Health
- Dieting at Young Age Often Backfires, Study Says
- How to Make 'Low-Cal' Menu Options More Palatable
- Teens' Indoor Tanning May Be Linked to Unhealthy Dieting
- 'Grazing' Appears No Better for Weight Loss Than Standard Meals
- Moms Who Keep 'Baby Weight' May Risk Heart Trouble
- Genes May Influence Weight Gain From Fried Foods: Study
- Health Tip: Limit Food Portions
- High-Protein Diets in Middle Age Might Shorten Life Span
- Health Tip: Losing Weight? Reduce Your Risk of Gallstones
- No Proof That 'Blood-Type' Diets Work: Study
- Heart Experts Warn Against 'Crash' Diets
- Mediterranean Diet May Counter Genetic Risk of Stroke
- Mediterranean Diet Might Help Stave Off Dementia
- Competitive Cash-for-Weight-Loss Plans Work Best: Study
- Another Study Says Mediterranean Diet Good for the Heart
- Late Lunch May Mean Less Weight Loss
- Not All Whole Grain Products Are Created Equal, Study Claims
- Health Tip: Curb Late-Night Snacking
- DASH Diet Ranked Best Overall -- See What's Second
- Which Diet Plans Are Most Popular? Dieters Choose
- Experts Challenge Americans to Reduce Salt Intake
- Obese Children Struggle With Joint Pain: Study
- Eating More Fruits, Veggies May Help Kidney Patients
- High-Carb Diet in Old Age Linked to Mental Decline
- Group Programs for Weight Loss May Work Best
- Organic Foods Not Necessarily Better
- Low-Cal Diets Kept Monkeys Healthier, But Didn't Lengthen Lives
- Most Americans With Celiac Disease Don't Realize It: Study
- Most on Gluten-Free Diet Don't Have Celiac Disease
- Diet Secret: Small Pieces of Food More Filling
- 'Dessert' With Breakfast Boosts Weight Loss: Study
- Hormone 'Ratio' May Show Which Dieters Will Keep Weight Off
- How to Choose the Healthiest Salad Dressing
- Atkins-Type Diets Look Kidney-Friendly: Study
- Foods to Avoid if You Want to Avoid Gout Attacks
- Health Tip: Avoiding Gluten
- Migraines More Likely for People With Celiac Disease, Study Says
- Two-Drug Therapy Helped Kids With Type 2 Diabetes
- Low-Carb, Low-Fat Diets May Each Help the Heart
- Dieting Can Prove Dangerous for Kidney Disease Patients
- Gluten Sensitivity: Fact or Fad?
- Mediterranean Diet May Protect Brain
- Involving Family May Help Overweight Kids Change Habits
- Is There an ADHD Diet?
- Report Looks at Best Diets, Easiest to Follow
- Bottom Line: Overeating Boosts Fat, Whatever the Protein Level
- Diet Patterns Linked With Brain Health
- Obesity Linked to Poor Mother-Toddler Bond
- Federal Agencies Act to Remove hCG Weight Loss Products
- Halloween Doesn't Have to be Scary for Your Diet
- Losing Weight, Keeping It Off Can Be Two Different Worlds
- New Clues to Low-Calorie Diets and Longer Life
- Misperception of Body Weight Poses Health Risks
- Low-Carb Diets Improve Cholesterol Long Term
- Weight Management
- Red Yeast Rice and Cholesterol
- Weight Loss
- Holiday Weight Management
- Senior Health (Successful Aging)
- DASH Diet (for High Blood Pressure)
- Atkins Diet
- Jenny Craig
- Special Diets & Recipes
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Gluten Free Diet
- Vegetarian and Vegan Diet
- Teen: Child Development
- Super Bowl Party Recipes (Healthy and Easy)
- Liquid Diet
- Best Life Diet
- Cleansing and Detox Diets
- Fasting Diets
- Glycemic Index Foods
- Type 1 Diabetes Diet
- Low Residue Diet (Low Fiber)
- 10 Ways to Manage Low Back Pain at Home
- The Truth About Detox Diets
- Fibromyalgia and Diet
- Coffee and Your Health
- 13 Ways to Fight Sugar Cravings
- Cholesterol Facts
- Lose Weight Fast: How to Do It Safely
- Heart Attack Symptoms in Women
- TLC Diet Daily Food Guide
- Diabetes Risk Factors
- FDA Warns Consumers to Stop Using Hydroxycut Products
- Why Can't I Lose Weight?
- Weight Loss and Nutrition Myths
- 10 Everyday Super Foods
- Mediterranean Diet Benefits
- Detox Diets: Purging the Myths
- Diets That Don't Work: Worst Diets Ever
- Flat Belly Diet! Does It Fall Flat on Its Promises?
- Vegetarian Diets
- Weight Loss Diets: Find the Best Diet for You
- Weight Loss Drugs: How Much Do Diet Pills Help?
- Foods That Curb Hunger
- Italian Diet Secrets to a Healthy Weight
- The Pritikin Principle
- Cheater's Diet: Take Weekends Off, Lose Weight
- Fad Diets: Can Quick-Fix Diets Work?
- The ABCs of a Healthy Skin Diet
- MyPyramid Plan: Tips to Making Wise Dairy Choices
- MyPyramid Plan: Tips for Healthy Protein Choices
- MyPyramid Plan: Tips To Eating More Fruits
- MyPyramid Plan: Tips To Eating More Vegetagbles
- MyPyramid Plan: Tips To Eating Healthy Grains
- Diet: The Diet From Down Under
- Diet Secrets from Around the World
- Carbs for Weight Loss?
- Quick Weight-Loss Plans: What You Need to Know
- Diet Scams: Avoid the Top 5 Diet Scams
- French Diet Secret: Enjoy Food but Stay Active
- Low Carb Diet: Have We Gone Carb Crazy?
- Zone Diet Analyzed: Fad or Healthy Weight Loss?
- Low Carb Products: The Low Down
- Low Carb Diet: Starch Blocker Help?
- Diet Red Flags: Quick Weight Loss! No Effort!
- Quick Weight Loss or Quackery?
- Low Carb Diets: Pitfalls of Low Carb Weight Loss
- Celebrity Diets: The Truth Behind the Secrets
- Dairy Meal Plan To Help You Lose Weight
- Low Carb Diets: The Net Carb Debate
- Fad Diets: Revisiting Fad Diets of the Past
- Fad Diets: What's Your Diet Deficit?
- Diet and Fitness Trends for 2005
- Fad Diets: Why Do We Keep Falling for Fad Diets?
- Xendadrine: The Skinny on Weight Loss Supplements
- Diet Wars: Which Plan Is Best?
- Yo-Yo Dieting: Is Fat in Your Future?
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter