Patient Comments: Diabetes - Diet

Have you found diet, exercise, and medication effective to control your diabetes? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: emedicine heakth, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 28

I am a hypertensive person and taking antihypertensive drugs daily. I usually have pains at the back of the neck and at the lower back. For my spondylosis I have been taking pain killers, prescribed by doctors, and liniment but the pain still persists.

Comment from: mike, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 01

I have found that using licorice sweets in small amount helps a lot with type 2 diabetes.

Comment from: drawles, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

I seriously need to lose weight. I can't get my levels under 200. I am insulin dependent. I am seeing a specialist soon. What questions should I ask him to help? I am unable to exercise as a result of congestive heart failure. I can't walk further than a block.

Comment from: sdemick, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 05

I started a diet the last week of January along with a strenuous exercise program. I have lost over 20lbs.since I started and have gained significant muscle mass. Early on my insulin levels dropped from 50 units per day to 10, but in the last 4 weeks my insulin use has increased. I do 1.5 hrs of exercise daily, 30 plus minutes of cardio and 45 plus of weight lifting. My blood sugar increases 100 to 150 points during exercise and has been hard to control. I am happy with the weight loss and will continue to try to lose another 15 lbs to see if blood sugars get lower. It's been frustrating not being able to see better blood sugar levels, but I'm working on it!

Comment from: Jragonfli, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

I was diagnosed Diabetic at the age of 27 after suffering from a heart attack brought on by extremely rapid weight loss. During an illness, I dropped from 280lbs to 180lbs. I have since slowly regained weight back to 250-260 (6'2"). I am not currently under doctor care, due to multiple bad experiences. I'm currently experimenting with holistic treatment (exercise, vitamins, diet). I am now 32.

Type 2 Diabetes Warning Signs