Patient Comments: Diabetes Prevention - Experience

Please share your experience with preventing diabetes, for example, diet or other lifestyle changes such as exercise. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Simanjuntak, S. H., 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 10

The patient is my own sister. Our parents were not diabetic but my eldest brother and my 2nd sister died of it. Now my younger sister has it (she got it since she was 55 years old), she suffered a lot, lost a toe, she got osteoporosis, etc., and she stays fat. It is difficult to watch her diet, she is always hungry (that's why she is fat), and now she got spinal osteoarthritis that puts her in pain whenever she moves her body. So her doctor told her that she has got to sleep on a flat plank not using soft mattress. It's very hard to see her suffering like that.

Type 2 Diabetes Warning Signs