Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. The two types of diabetes are referred to as type 1 (insulin dependent) and type 2 (non-insulin dependent). Symptoms of diabetes include increased urine output, thirst, hunger, and fatigue. Treatment of diabetes depends on the type. Read more: Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2) Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Heart Disease: Causes of a Heart Attack
Learn about heart disease and heart attack symptoms and signs of a heart attack in men and women. Read about heart disease...
Type 2 Diabetes Diagnosis, Treatment, Medication
Learn about type 2 diabetes warning signs, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment options. Read how diet and exercise can help manage...
Heart Disease: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes
What is heart disease (coronary artery disease)? Learn about the causes of heart disease. Symptoms of heart disease include chest...
How Diabetes Can Affect Your Feet
Learn more about diabetes related foot problems. For people with diabetes, too much glucose in the blood can cause serious foot...
Diabetes Diet: Healthy Meal Plans for Diabetes-Friendly Eating
Discover the best and worst meals for diabetes-savvy dining. See how to avoid carbs and control your blood sugar with healthier...
Type 2 Diabetes: Test Your Medical IQ
What causes type 2 diabetes? Can it be prevented? Take this online quiz and challenge your knowledge of this common condition....
Type 1 Diabetes Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
What are the causes of type 1 diabetes? Take this quiz and challenge your knowledge of causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatments...
Diabetes Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the Diabetes Quiz and learn the causes, signs, symptoms, and types of this growing epidemic. What does diabetes have to do...
Metabolic Syndrome Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Metabolic syndrome is serious and you should be concerned. Learn the causes, symptoms, treatments, and complications of metabolic...
Type 1 Diabetes: What Are The Symptoms?
What is type 1 diabetes? Is there a cure for type 1 diabetes? Learn about type 1 diabetes symptoms, warning signs, causes, and...
Vitamin D Deficiency: How Much Vitamin D Is Enough?
What does vitamin D do? Learn about vitamin D benefits and discover foods that are high in vitamin D. Explore vitamin D...
Picture of Acanthosis Nigricans
A skin condition characterized by dark thickened velvety patches, especially in the folds of skin in the axilla (armpit), groin...
Picture of Diabetic Retinopathy
Diabetic retinopathy, a common complication of diabetes, affects the blood vessels in the retina (the thin light-sensitive...
Picture of Pancreas
Front View of the Pancreas. The pancreas is about 6 inches long and sits across the back of the abdomen, behind the stomach. See...
Picture of Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorum
A dull red raised area on the skin that evolves into a shiny scar with a violet border, most often on the shin. See a Necrobiosis...
Blood Sugar Swings: Tips for Managing Diabetes & Glucose Levels
Learn to better control your glucose levels by preventing blood sugar swings. Beware of caffeine, sugary foods, spices, exercise,...
Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: Improve Diabetes Nerve Pain
Read about diabetic peripheral neuropathy and exercises to manage nerve pain. Learn how to cope with the symptoms of diabetic...
How to Lose Weight Without Dieting: 24 Fast Facts
Weight loss without dieting? No diet, no problem. Learn the best way to lose weight with these weight loss tips designed to help...
Diabetes: How Blood Sugar Levels Affect Your Body
High blood sugar can be a sign of diabetes or prediabetes. The drugs that treat it sometimes cause low blood sugar too. WebMD...
Health Screening Tests Every Woman Needs
What is a health screening? Why is it important to know your blood pressure? How long will your health screening take? Learn...
Screening Tests Every Man Should Have
Getting the right screening test at the right time is one of the most important things a man can do for his health. Learn at what...
Travel Tips for Better Diabetes Control
Traveling with diabetes can be intimidating, but it shouldn't stop you! Learn tips for packing your diabetic supplies, how to...
Better Sex After 50
It's never too late to improve your sex life. Learn how to overcome common health conditions affecting those over 50 such as...
Sugar Addiction Facts: Cravings, Hidden Sugar, and More in Pictures
Learn about sugar addiction to see why we often crave sweets and binge on carbs. Learn how sugar affects the brain and get tips...
Diabetes Tips: Managing and Living With Diabetes
If you have either type 1 or type 2 diabetes, you need to approach life differently. Learn nutrition tips to control blood sugar,...
Pictures of 10 Muscle-Building Exercises for Diabetes
Watch this slideshow on Diabetes and Exercise. If you have diabetes, see how strengthening your muscles with these 10 weight...
Diabetes Diet: 11 Low-Sugar Drink Ideas
Searching for low-sugar drink ideas? This pictures slideshow has eleven beverages ideal for people with diabetes and those...
Diabetes Management Tips and Preventing Complications
Learn 10 simple ways to better manage your diabetes. See tips for controlling blood sugar, diet and exercise and other helpful...
Pictures of Famous People With Diabetes
See pictures of celebrities that have been diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes including Mary Tyler Moore, Salma Hayek, and...
The 18 Most Expensive U.S. Medical Conditions
What are the most expensive medical conditions? Learn about heart conditions, brain disorders, back pain and many more expensive...
Healthy Eating: The Dangers of Processed Meat
Processed meats like pepperoni, beef jerky, and chicken nuggets are associated with an increased risk of health problems like...
Related Disease Conditions
Kidney Pain (Location, Symptoms, Relief)
Kidney pain has a variety of causes and symptoms. Infection, injury, trauma, bleeding disorders, kidney stones, and less common...
Jock itch is an itchy red rash that appears in the groin area. The rash may be caused by a bacterial or fungal infection. People...
Common Medical Abbreviations List (Acronyms and Definitions)
Doctors, pharmacists, and other health-care professionals use abbreviations, acronyms, and other terminology for instructions...
Anal itching is the irritation of the skin at the exit of the rectum, known as the anus, accompanied by the desire to scratch....
Kidney Failure (Symptoms, Signs, Stages, Causes, Treatment, and Life Expectancy)
Kidney failure can occur from an acute event or a chronic condition or disease. Prerenal kidney failure is caused by blood loss,...
Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)
Vaginal yeast infections in women are caused by an organism called Candida albicans. Symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection...
Staph Infection (Staphylococcus Aureus)
Staphylococcus or staph is a group of bacteria that can cause a multitude of diseases. Staph infections can cause illness...
Cellulitis is an acute spreading bacterial infection below the surface of the skin characterized by redness, warmth,...
Thrush (Oral Candidiasis)
Thrush is an infection of the mouth caused by the Candida fungus. Symptoms of Thrush include pain or difficulty swallowing, a...
Muscle spasms are involuntary muscle contractions that come on suddenly and are usually quite painful. Dehydration, doing...
Diabetes Diet for Type 2 Diabetes, List of Foods
A type 2 diabetes diet or a type 2 diabetic diet is important for blood sugar (glucose) control in people with diabetes to...
12 Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms, Stages, Causes, and Life Expectancy
Congestive heart failure (CHF) refers to a condition in which the heart loses the ability to function properly. Heart disease,...
Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension) Causes, Symptoms, Signs, Readings, and Treatments
Low blood pressure, also referred to as hypotension, is blood pressure that is so low that it causes symptoms or signs due to the...
Folliculitis is a skin condition that causes small red bumps to form around the hair follicles. Skin bacteria such as...
12 Heart Attack Symptoms and Early Warning Signs
Recognizing heart attack symptoms and signs can help save your life or that of someone you love. Some heart attack symptoms,...
Genetic Disease (List, Symptoms, Causes, Treatments, Prognosis)
The definition of a genetic disease is a disorder or condition caused by abnormalities in a person's genome. Some types of...
Kidney Stones (nephrolithiasis)
Kidney stones are solid masses of crystalline material that form in the kidneys. Symptoms of kidney stones can include pain,...
A broken foot is a common injury. There are 26 bones in the foot, and these bones can be broken (fractured) in a variety of...
Vitamin D Deficiency
Vitamin D deficiency has been linked with rickets, cancer, cardiovascular disease, severe asthma in children and cognitive...
Dry skin (xeroderma) may be caused by external factors, like cold temperatures, low humidity, harsh soaps, and certain...
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
There are a variety of diseases and conditions that can cause tongue problems, discoloration, and soreness. Though most tongue...
Hyperkalemia (High Blood Potassium) Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
Hyperkalemia is an abnormally high level of potassium in the blood. Hyperkalemia symptoms include nausea, fatigue, tingling...
Corns and calluses are sometimes painful areas of thickened skin that appear between the toes and fingers or on the soles of the...
Dizziness is a symptom that often applies to a variety of sensations including lightheadedness and vertigo. Causes of dizziness...
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been considered to be obese if they are...
Diabetes Symptoms in Men
Diabetes mellitus is a disease in which a person's blood sugar (blood glucose) is either too high (hyperglycemia) or too low...
Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatments)
Peripheral vascular disease (PVD) refers to diseases of the blood vessels (arteries and veins) located outside the heart and...
Gum disease is caused by plaque and may result in tooth loss without proper treatment. Symptoms and signs of gum disease...
Indigestion (Dyspepsia, Upset Stomach Pain) Symptoms, Relief Remedies, Medicine
Indigestion (dyspepsia) can be caused by diseases or conditions that involve the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, and also by some...
Low Testosterone (Low T)
Low testosterone (low-T) can be caused by conditions such as type 2 diabetes, obesity, liver or kidney disease, hormonal...
Diabetes Treatment (Type 1 and Type 2 Medications and Diet)
The major goal in treating diabetes is controlling elevated blood sugar without causing abnormally low levels of blood sugar....
Constipation (Relief, Home Remedies, Treatment Medications)
Constipation is defined medically as fewer than three stools per week and severe constipation as less than one stool per week....
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Fungal nails (onychomycosis) may be caused by many species of fungi, but the most common is Trichophyton rubrum. Distal subungal...
How to Lower Triglycerides Naturally
Trigylcerides are fatty molecules that travel in the bloodstream. Excess sugar and fat can increase triglyceride levels....
Gestational diabetes is a condition that is first recognized during pregnancy and is characterized by high blood sugar....
Group B Strep
Group B strep are bacteria called Streptococcus agalactiae that may sometimes cause infections both in a pregnant woman and her...
Restless Leg Syndrome (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment Medications, Home Remedies)
Restless leg syndrome (RLS) is a common cause for painful legs that typically eases with motion, and becomes worse and more...
The time when boys and girls begin the process of sexual maturation is called puberty. During this time, both sexes undergo a...
Medical shock is a life-threatening medical condition. There are several types of medical shock, including: septic shock,...
Peripheral Neuropathy (Causes, Symptoms, Treatment Medications)
Peripheral neuropathy is a problem with the functioning of the nerves outside of the spinal cord. Symptoms may include numbness,...
Urinary retention (inability to urinate) may be caused by nerve disease, spinal cord injury, prostate enlargement, infection,...
Snoring (Causes, Aids, Remedies, Solutions)
Snoring, like all other sounds, is caused by vibrations that cause particles in the air to form sound waves. While we are asleep,...
Fainting (Syncope) Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
Fainting, also referred to as blacking out, syncope, or temporary loss of consciousness has many causes. Often a person will have...
Glaucoma is a common eye condition in which the fluid pressure inside the eye rises because of slowed fluid drainage from the...
Ingrown Toenail (Onychocryptosis)
Ingrown toenails are caused by the growth of the toenail into the surrounding nail fold. Symptoms and signs include toe pain,...
Blood clots can occur in the venous and arterial vascular system. Blood clots can form in the heart, legs, arteries, veins,...
Graves' Disease (Symptoms, Causes, Diet, Treatment Options)
Graves' disease is an autoimmune disease that affects the thyroid. Some of the symptoms of Graves' disease include hand tremors,...
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis) Symptoms, Signs, Causes, Treatment
Kidney infection (pyelonephritis) usually is caused from bacteria that have spread from the bladder from a UTI (urinary tract...
Gastroparesis is a medical condition in which the muscle of the stomach is paralyzed by a disease of either the stomach muscle...
Osteoarthritis is a type of arthritis caused by inflammation, breakdown, and eventual loss of cartilage in the joints. Also...
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (Symptoms, Diet, Treatments, Pregnancy)
Hashimoto's thyroiditis or chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis, is an autoimmune disorder causing inflammation of the thyroid gland....
Hyperglycemia (High Blood Sugar) Symptoms, Levels, Diet and Causes
Hyperglycemia or high blood sugar is a serious health problem for diabetics. There are two types of hyperglycemia, 1) fasting,...
A toothache is a pain on or around a tooth. It may be caused by a variety of things from a cavity, abscess, or even sinusitis....
Hemochromatosis (Iron Overload)
Hereditary hemochromatosis (iron overload) is an inherited disorder in which there is excessive accumulation of iron in the body....
Eye floaters are deposits or condensation that forms in the eye's vitreous humor. These deposits cast shadows on the retina, and...
Frostbite (Frostnip and Other Cold Weather-Related Injuries)
There are two categories to cold weather-related injuries. 1) no freezing of body tissue (trench foot and chilblains), and 2)...
Mycobacterium tuberculosis is the bacterium that causes tuberculosis (TB). Symptoms and signs of TB include bloody sputum, fever,...
Radiculopathy, a condition in which a nerve or nerves along the spine are compressed causing pain, numbness, weakenss, and...
Hepatitis C (HCV, Hep C)
Hepatitis C is an inflammation of the liver due to the hepatitis C virus (HCV), which is usually spread by blood transfusion,...
Orthostatic hypotension symptoms include: LightheadednessWeaknessBlurred vision Syncope or passing out Causes of...
Esophageal cancer is a disease in which malignant cells form in the esophagus. Risk factors of cancer of the esophagus include...
SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth)
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) refers to a condition in which abnormally large numbers of bacteria (at least...
Dry Mouth (Xerostomia)
Dry mouth is a common side effect of many prescription and non-prescription drugs and certain medical conditions. Symptoms of dry...
Intermittent claudication, or pain and cramping in the lower leg is caused by inadequate blood flow to the leg muscles. This lack...
Heterochromia iridis is a rare condition that describes people with two different colored eyes. There are many potential...
Fatty Liver (NASH)
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease or NASH occurs due to the accumulation of abnormal amounts of fat within the liver. Fatty liver...
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke)
When a portion of the brain loses blood supply, through a blood clot or embolus, a transient ischemic attack (TIA, mini-stroke)...
The most common taste disorder is phantom taste perception; that is, a lingering, often unpleasant taste even though you have...
Urinary Incontinence in Women
Millions of women suffer from urinary incontinence (UI). UI occurs twice as often in women as in men. There are many types of...
Gangrene may result when blood flow to a tissue is lost or not adequate to keep the tissue alive. There are two types of...
Cystic fibrosis is a disease of the mucus and sweat glands. Cystic fibrosis is an inherited disease. The outcome of the disease...
Type 1 vs Type 2 Diabetes (Similarities and Differences)
Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic condition in which a person's blood sugar (glucose) levels are too high. Over 29.1 million...
Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. There are many potential underlying...
Cholesterol (Lowering Your Cholesterol)
High cholesterol and triglyceride levels increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. Getting your cholesterol and triglyceride...
Pancreatic cancer is a malignant tumor of the pancreas. Pancreatic cancer has been called a "silent" disease because early...
Burning Mouth Syndrome (BMS)
Burning mouth syndrome (BMS) is a condition that causes pain in the mouth. BMS may be caused by menopause, dry mouth or...
Double vision (diplopia) is a symptom that my indicate Graves' disease, myasthenia gravis, stroke, multiple sclerosis,...
Low Blood Sugar (Hypoglycemia)
Low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia, is a syndrome in which a person's blood sugar is dangerously low. People with type 1 and type 2...
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a condition in which a person's pancreas does not produce enough insulin to meet the needs of the body....
Second Source article from Government...
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Hyothermia or extreme exposure to cold can be classified as either accidental hypothermia (unintentional cold exposure) and...
Turner syndrome is an inherited chromosomal condition affecting women. Women with Turner syndrome do not have ovarian function,...
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Diabetes-Related Dental Problems
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Type 2 Diabetes: Diagnosing Diabetes
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Type 1 Diabetes
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Peyronie's Disease (Curvature of the Penis)
Peyronie's disease or curvature of the penis (Peyronie disease) is a condition in which scar tissue develops inside the penis....
Mucormycosis (zygomycosis) is a fungal infection caused by Zygomycetes. Symptoms and signs include fever, headache, coughing,...
Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci (VRE)
Vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE) infection is the most common type of infection acquired by patients while hospitalized....
Neuropathic pain is a chronic condition that leads to ongoing pain symptoms. Patients can be predisposed to developing...
Celiac disease is a condition in which a person has inflammation of the small intestinal mucosa when exposed to gluten in the...
Retinal detachment is the separation of the retina from its attachments to the underlying eye tissue. Symptoms of retinal...
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which irritation of the wrist's median nerve causes tingling and numbness of the thumb,...
Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis
Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis (DISH or Forestier's disease) is a form of degenerative arthritis. It is characterized...
Diabetes Symptoms in Women
Diabetes is a disease where your body does not make enough insulin or does not use insulin correctly, and you blood sugar...
Bell's Palsy (Facial Nerve Problems) Paralysis Causes and Treatments
Bell's palsy is one type of facial nerve paralysis. The 7th cranial nerve controls the muscles of the face, and although...
Diabetes and Foot Problems (Treatment)
Diabetes related foot problems can affect your health with two problems: diabetic neuropathy, where diabetes affects the nerves,...
Diabetic Neuropathy (Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment)
Diabetic neuropathy a condition in which nerve damage has occurred as a complication of diabetes. The pain from the nerve...
Osteomyelitis is an infection of the bone. Potential causes include injections around the bone, fractures that puncture the skin,...
The main features of metabolic syndrome include insulin resistance, hypertension (high blood pressure), cholesterol...
Swallowing Problems (Dysphasia)
Dysphagia or difficulty in swallowing, swallowing problems. Dysphagia is due to problems in nerve or muscle control. It is...
Bad breath can result from poor oral hygiene habits and may be a sign of other health problems. Bad breath, also called...
Prediabetes is a situation where a person's blood sugar levels are higher than they should be, but aren't high enough to be...
Urinary Incontinence in Children
Urinary incontinence in children (enuresis) is twice as common in boys as in girls and may occur during the daytime or nighttime....
Balanitis (Inflammation of the Head of the Penis)
Balanitis is a condition in which the skin of the head of the penis becomes inflamed. If the foreskin is also inflamed, it is...
Atrial Flutter (Symptoms, Causes, ECG, and Treatments)
Atrial flutter is a problem with the atria of the heart. In atrial flutter the atria of the heart rapidly and repeatedly beat...
Listeria is a type of bacteria that can cause food poisoning. Listeriosis symptoms include diarrhea, nausea, and fever. Pregnant...
Optic neuritis is inflammation of the optic nerve, the structure that connects the eye to the brain. The precise cause of optic...
A frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) is when the shoulder joint experiences a significant loss in its range of motion due to...
Type 2 Diabetes Medications (Side Effects, Differences)
Type 2 diabetes oral medications are prescribed to treat type 2 diabetes in conjuction with lifestyle changes like diet and...
Atrial Flutter vs. Atrial Fibrillation (What Are the Differences?)
Atrial flutter and atrial fibrillation (AFib) are two types of a heart problem called atrial tachycardia. Both of these...
Anencephaly is a neural tube defect that prevents abnormal development of the brain and bones of the skull, and are missing large...
Drowning (Dry, Wet, Near)
Drowning is a common cause of death and disability worldwide. In the US, it is the third most common cause of accidental death....
Diabetes and Kidney Disease
In the United States diabetes is the most common cause of kidney failure. High blood pressure and high levels of blood glucose...
A cataract is an eye disease that causes the eye's lens to become cloudy and opaque with decreased vision. Causes of cataracts...
Cushing's syndrome, sometimes referred to as hypercortisolism, is a hormonal disorder caused by prolonged exposure to high levels...
Overactive Bladder (OAB)
Overactive bladder is a sudden involuntary contraction of the muscle wall of the bladder causing urinary urgency (an immediate...
Septic arthritis, or infectious arthritis, is infection of one or more joints by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. Symptoms and signs...
Preventing Diabetes Naturally (Type 2, Diet, Causes, Symptoms)
Prediabetes is a condition in which a person has early symptoms of diabetes, but have not yet fully developed the condition. If...
Diabetic Ketoacidosis (Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Complications)
Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) is a complication of type 1 diabetes that is life threatening. If a person thinks they may have...
Diabetes and Eye Problems
Diabetes and eye problems are generally caused by high blood sugar levels over an extended period of time. Types of eye problems...
Type 1 Diabetes (Symptoms, Causes, Diet, Treatment, Life Expectancy)
Type 1 diabetes mellitus (juvenile) is an auto-immune disease with no known cause at this time. Symptoms of type 1 diabetes...
Dry eyes are caused by an imbalance in the tear-flow system of the eye, but also can be caused by the drying out of the tear...
Lipodystrophy (Acquired, Generalized, Inherited)
Lipodystrophy is a syndrome in which fat deposits accumulate all over the body, or sometimes just portions of it, like just the...
Children's health is focused on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. There are many aspects of...
Heart Attack Pathology: Photo Essay
A heart attack is a layperson's term for a sudden blockage of a coronary artery. This photo essay includes graphics, pictures,...
A diabetic diet, or diabetes diet helps keep blood glucose levels in the target range for patients. Exercise and medication may...
Binge Eating Disorder
Characteristics of binge eating disorder include eating more quickly than usual, eating until uncomfortably full, eating a lot of...
Fungal meningitis is a rare disease that is not contagious. Symptoms include fever, headache, stiff neck, nausea, and vomiting....
Fast-food consumption and lack of exercise are just a couple of causes of childhood obesity. Health effects of childhood obesity...
Sex, Urinary, and Bladder Problems of Diabetes
Having diabetes can mean early onset and increased severity of bladder symptoms (urinary incontinence and urinary tract...
Candida auris (C. auris)
Candida auris (C. auris) is a yeast that is resistant to many antifungal medications. Most C. auris infections occur in...
Spherocytosis (Hereditary, HS)
Hereditary spherocytosis is a blood disorder that is inherited. In hereditary spherocytosis the red blood cells are sphere shaped...
Low Cholesterol Diet
Cholesterol is naturally produced by the body, and is a building block for cell membranes and hormones. Low-density lipoprotein...
Nerve Disease and Bladder Control
A nerve problem might affect your bladder control if the nerves that are supposed to carry messages between the brain and the...
Stroke is the third leading killer in the United States. Some of the warning signs of stroke include sudden confusion, trouble...
Tips for Managing Type 1 and 2 Diabetes at Home
Managing your diabetes is a full time commitment. The goal of diabetic therapy is to control blood glucose levels and prevent the...
Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) is an inherited (genetic) disease that attacks motor neurons (nerve cells) in the spinal cord. As...
How to Stop Snoring
Snoring is caused by the vibrations of the soft tissues at the back of the nose and throat while a person sleeps. There are many...
Disease Prevention in Women
Disease prevention in women includes screening tests that are a basic part of prevention medicine. All screening tests are...
Compulsive Overeating vs. Binge Eating Disorder
Compulsive overeating is eating more than needed. Binge eating disorder involves recurrent episodes of compulsive eating, even...
Treating the Flu in People with Health Risks
Certain portions of the population are at an increased risk of suffering serious complications from the flu. Some of these...
Regular physical activity can reduce the risk of disease. Regular exercise can also reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety....
DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) During Pregnancy
Deep vein thrombosis or DVT is a condition in which a blood clot becomes embedded in one of the deep veins of the arms, thighs,...
Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a chronic skin condition that causes painful red abscesses in the groin and armpits that may...
Diabetes: Caring for Your Diabetes at Special Times
Taking care of a disease such as diabetes is a life-long process. Learn how to care for yourself or loved one with diabetes in...
Disease Prevention in Men
Disease prevention in men includes routine screening tests that are part of basic prevention medicine. Take an active role in...
Pain Management: Neuropathic Pain
Neuropathic pain is chronic pain resulting from injury to the nervous system. The injury can be to the central nervous system...
Local ResourcesFind a local Endocrinologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Creatinine (Low, High, Blood Test Results Explained)
- Ferritin Blood Test
- Triglycerides (Tests and Lowering Your Triglyceride Levels)
- Tuberculosis Skin Test (PPD Skin Test)
- Hemoglobin A1c Test (HbA1c, A1c, Hb1c)
- Kegel Exercises for Men
- Glucose Tolerance Test
- Cupping Therapy
- Cataract Surgery
- Homocysteine (Normal and Elevated Levels Blood Test)
- Diabetes Urine Tests
- CT Scan (Computerized Tomography)
- Pneumococcal Vaccination (Pneumonia Vaccine)
- Lap Band (Surgery)
- Penis Pump
- Insulin Pump for Diabetes
- Antro-duodenal Motility Study
- Numbness Toes
- Hand and Finger Numbness
- Tingling in Hands and Feet
- Weight Loss
- Leg Pain
- Urine Odor
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Hand Pain
- Finger Pain
- Arm Pain
- Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)
- Cold Hands
- Weight Gain
- Urinary Urgency
- Increased Appetite
- Low Urine Output
- Leg Sores
- Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence)
- Frequent Urination
- Bad Breath
- Vision Loss
- Proteinuria (Protein in the Urine)
- Low Libido
- Dry Skin
- Bleeding Gums
- Dry Mouth
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Urinary Retention
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Hyperglycemia (High Blood Sugar)
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Fecal Incontinence
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Advance Medical Directives
- Low Testosterone (Low T)
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Diabetes FAQs
- Metabolic Syndrome FAQs
- Type 2 Diabetes FAQs
- Type 1 Diabetes FAQs
- Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
- Diabulimia - Eating Disorder
- Home and Family
- Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Sugar) Symptoms and Diabetes
- Rheumatoid Arthritis & Diabetes Gene (PTPN22)
- Pancreatic Cancer, the Silent Disease
- Does Celiac Disease Cause Diabetes?
- Does Diabetes Cause Gum Disease?
- What Is the Treatment for Diabetes Eye Damage?
- What Are Risk Factors for Diabetic Kidney Disease?
- What Is Mononeuritis Multiplex?
- Does Anti-Retroviral Therapy for HIV Cause Diabetes?
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- Can Artificial Sweeteners Raise Blood Sugar?
- The China Study
- 11 Diabetes Diet Tips for the Holidays
- Drunkorexia, Manorexia, Diabulimia: New Eating Disorders?
- Diabetes Diet
- Why Am I So Tired? The Many Causes of Fatigue
- Top 10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Diabetes
- Herbs: Toxicities and Drug Interactions
- Abdominal Pain: Questions to Ask Your Doctor
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis Symptoms
- Sty Symptoms and Signs
- Prediabetes Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Influenza A (H3N2)v: What Goes Around Comes Around
- Mediterranean Diet
Medications & Supplements
- ACE Inhibitors (Side Effects, List of Names, Uses, and Dosage)
- Corticosteroids (Systemic, Oral and Injectable)
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- rosiglitazone - oral, Avandia
- chlorpropamide - oral, Diabinese
- miglitol - oral, Glyset
- repaglinide - oral, Prandin
- glyburide - oral, Diabeta, Glycron, Glynase, Mic
- glimepiride - oral, Amaryl
- insulin aspart protamine/insulin aspart - injection, Novolog Mix
- acarbose - oral, Precose
- insulin aspart - injection, NovoLog
- glipizide extended-release tablet - oral, Glucotrol XL
- captopril - oral, Capoten
- nateglinide - oral, Starlix
- losartan - oral, Cozaar
- insulin lispro - injection, Humalog
- glipizide tablet - oral, Glucotrol
- pioglitazone - oral, Actos
- irbesartan - oral, Avapro
- losartan (Cozaar)
- INSULIN-INJECTION, Humulin, Iletin I NPH, Novolin
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- SGLT2 Inhibitors (Sodium-Glucose Co-Transporter 2)
- lisinopril (Zestril, Prinivil, Qbrelis) ACE Inhibitor
- Beta Blocker Side Effects (Adverse Effects)
- captopril, Capoten
- ramipril, Altace
- glucose (Insta-Glucose, Dex4, Enfamil Glucose, Glutol, Glutose and many others)
- clonidine (Catapres, Catapres-TTS)
- Zocor (simvastatin)
- metformin (Glucophage, Glucophage XR, Glumetza, Fortamet, Riomet)
- Insulin for Diabetes Treatment (Types, Side Effects, and Preparations)
- sitagliptin; Januvia
- metoclopramide, Reglan, Metozolv ODT, (Reglan ODT, Octamide, and Maxolon
- Amaryl (glimepiride)
- metformin and sitagliptin (Janumet)
- Actos (pioglitazone)
- enalapril, Vasotec, Epaned
- benazepril (Lotensin HTC)
- repaglinide, Prandin
- glipizide, Glipizide XL, Glucotrol, Glucotrol XL
- Trulicity (dulaglutide)
- trandolapril, Mavik
- Precose (acarbose)
- glucagon (recombinant - GlucaGen, Glucagon Emergency Kit)
- canagliflozin, Invokana
- pramlintide, Symlin
- Jardiance (empagliflozin)
- dapagliflozin, Farxiga
- nateglinide, Starlix
- quinapril, Accupril
- omega-3-acid ethyl esters
- exenatide, Byetta
- Tradjenta (linagliptin)
- Victoza (liraglutide)
- pneumococcal vaccine (Pneumovax 23, Pnu-Imune 23)
- Saxenda (liraglutide injection)
- insulin glargine (Lantus)
- rosiglitazone, Avandia
- Glucovance (glyburide/metformin)
- Qsymia (phentermine and topiramate extended-release )
- fosinopril sodium, Monopril
- glipizide and metformin (Metaglip has been discontinued in the US)
- blue-green algae (Cyanobacteria, Spirulina)
- chlorpropamide, Diabinese
- Adlyxin (lixisenatide)
- miglitol, Glyset
- tolazamide (Tolinase brand has been discontinued.)
- Avandamet (rosiglitazone/metformin)
- Xigduo XR
- Glucotrol XL
- Glynase Prestab
- Janumet XR
- Lotensin Hct
- Kombiglyze XR
- Novolog Mix 70-30
- Humulin 70-30
- Humulin R
- Humulin N
- Humulin 50-50
- Actoplus MET
- Novolin R
- Pneumovax 23
Prevention & Wellness
- Does Diabetes Damage Brain Health?
- Do Diabetics Really Need to Fast for Blood Tests?
- High Cost Has Over 1 in 4 Diabetics Cutting Back on Insulin
- Few Americans Have Optimal 'Metabolic Health'
- Health Tip: Common Symptoms of Diabetes
- Sugary Drinks: A Big Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Doctor Not Available for Diabetes Care? Nurse Practitioners Do Just as Well
- What You Can Do to Prevent Diabetes
- High Deductibles May Mean Poorer Diabetes Care
- Obesity All on Its Own Can Raise Your Health Risks
- You May Be Prediabetic and Don't Know It, CDC Warns
- Smoking, Diabetes May Be Especially Risky for Women's Hearts
- Marijuana Use Tied to Serious Diabetes Complication
- For Diabetics, Going Vegan May Boost Mood Along With Health
- Almost Half of Americans Are Trying to Lose Weight: CDC
- Obesity Surgery May Cut Heart Attack Risk in Diabetics
- Pounds Regained After Weight-Loss Op Can Tell Your Doc a Lot
- Vaccines Are Critical If You Have Diabetes
- Diabetes Can Make Weight-Loss Harder. Here's Help
- Does Breastfeeding Hormone Protect Against Type 2 Diabetes?
- Type 1 Diabetes Often Misdiagnosed in Adults
- Storing Insulin in Home Fridges May Lower Effectiveness
- Diabetes, Dementia Can Be Deadly Combination
- Severe Infections Rising Among Americans With Diabetes
- What Did Americans Eat Today? A Third Would Say Fast Food
- Common Diabetes Meds May Raise Odds for Amputation
- Mom-to-Be's High-Gluten Diet Linked to Type 1 Diabetes in Baby
- 30 Million Americans Now Have Diabetes
- Health Tip: Control Some Risk Factors for Diabetes
- Want to Avoid Type 2 Diabetes? Eat More Whole Grains
- Poor Health Care Linked to 5 Million Deaths Worldwide a Year
- Over 1.4 Billion of World's Adults Face Disease Because of Inactivity, WHO Says
- New Hormonal Link Suspected in Type 2 Diabetes
- FDA Warns of Serious Genital Infection With Diabetes Meds
- Health Tip: Keep Diabetic Feet Healthier
- Gene Test Predicts Risk of 5 Common Diseases
- Health Tip: Dispelling Myths About Diabetes
- Early Onset Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Heart Disease, Shorter Life
- Just 2 Weeks' Inactivity Can Trigger Diabetes in at-Risk Seniors: Study
- Access to Diabetes Drugs Improved Under Affordable Care Act: Study
- Get Dizzy Upon Standing? It Could Be Sign of Dementia Risk
- Blood Sugar Spikes Seen in Seemingly Healthy People
- Health Tip: Avoid Sugary Drinks
- Adding or Switching Diabetes Drugs Can Put Patients at Risk: Study
- A 3-Pronged Plan to Cut Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Insurance Gaps Costly for Those With Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes Diagnosis 'Silver Lining'? Other Family Members' Health May Improve
- Working Overtime Could Raise Women's Diabetes Risk
- Human Insulin as Good as Costly Synthetic Versions
- Even at 'Safe' Levels, Air Pollution May Boost Diabetes Risk
- Just 1 in 4 Americans Gets Enough Exercise
- Mom's Diabetes May Be Tied to Baby's Autism Risk: Study
- Will the Future Be Needle-Free for Diabetics?
- Artificial Pancreas Helps Hospitalized Type 2 Diabetics
- Aggressive Treatment Doesn't Slow Type 2 Diabetes in Children: Study
- TB Vaccine Linked to Better Type 1 Diabetes Control
- Does Mental Illness Raise Diabetes Risk?
- Stigma Adds to Burden of Type 1 Diabetes
- Warning Labels Can Scare Folks Away From Sugary Drinks
- Human Brain Hard-Wired to Love Fat-Carb Combo: Study
- Do Antipsychotic Meds for Kids Raise Diabetes Risk?
- Diabetes Linked to Risk for Parkinson's Disease
- Can IV Fluids Harm the Brain of Those With Serious Diabetes Complication?
- Health Tip: 4 Steps to Manage Diabetes
- Smoking and Diabetes Linked to Calcium Buildup in Brain
- Job Strain Plus Heart Disease, Diabetes a Lethal Mix for Men
- Artificial Sweeteners Won't Affect Your Blood Sugar: Study
- On Top of Other Challenges, Homeless Have Higher Heart Disease Risk
- A Young Life Lost to High Insulin Prices
- Using Diet to Stave Off Diabetes
- Health Tip: Understanding Diabetic Eye Disease
- Add Muscle Weakness as Another Cost of Type 1 Diabetes
- Health Tip: If You're Pregnant and Have Diabetes
- FDA OKs AI Device to Detect Diabetic Retinopathy
- Those With Diabetes Less Likely to See Dentist Despite Health Risks
- For Hard-to-Manage Type 1 Diabetes, Transplant Makes Life Better
- Put Your Best Feet Forward, Despite Diabetes
- Diabetes Now Affects 23 Million U.S. Adults
- Red and Processed Meats Linked to Liver Woes
- Health Tip: Using Diabetes Equipment
- Annual Eye Exam Is Vital if You Have Diabetes
- Primary Care Doctors Loosen Type 2 Diabetes Goals
- The Sooner Type 2 Diabetes Arrives, the Worse for Your Heart
- Rotating Night Shifts a Path to Diabetes, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Sleep's Effects on Diabetes
- Experts Questioning Study on Insulin Quality
- Emergency Services Crews Often Unprepared for Diabetic Crises
- Breast-Feed Now, Stave Off Diabetes Later
- Weight-Loss Surgery's Benefits Wane Over Time for Diabetics
- Big Strides Made in Diabetes Care
- Diabetics May Often Fare Poorly in Hospice Care
- Goodbye, Needles? Patch Might Be the Future for Blood-Sugar Tracking
- Special Baby Formula Doesn't Seem to Prevent Type 1 Diabetes
- Friendships May Be Your Defense Against Diabetes
- New Diabetes Drug Gets FDA OK Under 'Abbreviated' Pathway
- Ozempic Approved for Type 2 Diabetes
- Can Scrotal Vein Condition Hike Heart Risks?
- Health Tip: Managing Diabetes When You Have The Flu
- 6 Percent of Cancers Caused by Excess Weight, Diabetes
- With Diabetes, Be on the Alert for Foot Sores
- Diabetes, High Blood Pressure While Pregnant Spells Trouble Later On
- Severe Psoriasis May Make Diabetes Increasingly Likely
- Health Tip: Diabetes Affects Women Differently
- Poor Prognosis for Diabetic Foot Sores
- 'Fountain of Youth' Gene Discovered in Secluded Amish Community
- Diabetes May Be Driving High Rates of Breast Cancer in Black Women
- Younger People With Diabetes Have 7 Times Greater Risk of Sudden Heart Death
- Health Tip: Choosing Smarter Foods
- Kidney Failure Declining Among U.S. Diabetics: CDC
- Fewer Diabetes Cases Being Missed
- Do Statins Raise Odds for Type 2 Diabetes?
- Diabetes Pill Might Replace Injection to Control Blood Sugar
- Health Tip: Best Grains And Starchy Veggies for Diabetics
- Pump May Beat Shots for Type 1 Diabetes
- Where There's Type 1 Diabetes, Celiac Disease May Follow
- Making Halloween a Treat for Kids With Diabetes
- Flu Shot Key for People With Diabetes
- Rare Tumor May Point the Way to Diabetes Treatment
- Glucose Monitoring System Eliminates Need for Finger Pricks
- Food Stamp Benefits May Lower Health Care Costs
- Mexican-Americans at Higher Risk for Liver Cancer
- U.S. Pays a Hefty Price for Obesity
- The Benefits of Simply Moving More
- As Men's Weight Rises, Sperm Health May Fall
- Fracture Risk Higher for Seniors With Diabetes
- Skin Patch Shrinks 'Love Handles' -- in Mice
- Can Coffee or Tea Extend Survival With Diabetes?
- Smoking, Poor Diet Lead Global Death Causes
- Increasing Salt Intake Tied to Diabetes Risk
- Heath Tip: Dining Out If You Have Diabetes
- 'Upside' to Diabetes Really Isn't
- Could Swine Flu Be Linked to Type 1 Diabetes?
- Could Artificial Sweeteners Raise Your Diabetes Risk?
- Diabetes Threatens Kidneys, Vision of Millions of Americans
- Lifestyle Tips for Better Diabetes Control
- 'Healthy' Obese Still Face Higher Heart Risks
- Sleep Apnea Wreaks Havoc on Your Metabolism
- Health Tip: Kids and Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Illness Can Plunge Young Adults Into Despair
- Harvey's Floodwaters Harbor Many Health Hazards
- Health Tip: Risk Factors for Prediabetes
- Kids' Cases of High Blood Pressure May Rise Under New Guidelines
- Could Big Lifestyle Changes Be Key to Managing Type 2 Diabetes?
- Lack of Sleep May Raise Child's Type 2 Diabetes Risk: Study
- Artificial Sweeteners Trick the Brain: Study
- Kidney Disease May Boost Risk of Abnormal Heartbeat
- Immunotherapy Shown Safe in Type 1 Diabetes Clinical Trial
- Low Blood Sugar in Newborns Tied to Brain Problems Later
- Online Game Helps Those With Diabetes Control Blood Sugar
- Heart Health Ignored by Many With Type 2 Diabetes
- Instagram Shows How Diabetics Really Wear a Glucose Monitor
- Diabetes Drug Shows Promise Against Parkinson's
- Does Less Sleep Make You Less Healthy?
- What Diabetics Need to Know About Over-the-Counter Meds
- Engineered Skin Cells Control Type 2 Diabetes in Mice: Study
- 10 Factors to Predict Bleeding Risk in Stroke Survivors
- Protein Deposits Seem to Play Role in Type 2 Diabetes
- Women Who Gain Weight Between Babies at Higher Risk for Diabetes
- Could a Little Alcohol Lower Your Diabetes Risk?
- Don't Put Off Weight-Loss Surgery Till You're Heavier
- The Couple That Lives Together Shares Skin Bacteria Together
- Many Primary Care Docs May Miss Prediabetes
- Health Tip: Eat Less Sugar
- Blame Diabetes: Rates of 2 Nerve Conditions on the Rise
- More Evidence That Midlife Weight Gain Harms Your Health
- More Than 100 Million Americans Have Diabetes or Prediabetes: CDC
- Health Tip: Preventing Diabetic Foot Sores
- Early Menopause May Be Tied to Type 2 Diabetes
- New Diabetes Treatment Teaches Rogue Immune Cells to Behave
- Exercising Safely With Diabetes
- Severe Head Injury May Raise Dementia Risk Years Later
- Lack of Health Insurance Can Shorten Lives: Study
- Some Prostate Drugs May Do Harm
- For Many, Friends Are Key to Happiness in Old Age
- Many People With Type 1 Diabetes Still Make Some Insulin
- Can an Aspirin a Day Keep a Pregnancy Complication Away?
- Antibiotics Improve Treatment of Skin Abscesses
- Study Challenges Touted Link Between Eczema and Heart Disease
- Persistent Stress May Hasten Death in Heart Patients
- Could Shift Work Damage Your DNA?
- Medicaid Cuts Tied to Delayed Breast Cancer Diagnoses
- Boozing Can Age You Right Down to Your Cells
- Vaccine Curbs High Cholesterol in Mice
- Many Chronic Illnesses Linked to Suicide Risk
- FDA Warns Diabetics Against Use of Secondhand Test Strips
- Higher Pregnancy Weight Tied to Raised Odds for Birth Defects
- As U.S. Heroin Use Reaches 20-Year High, Cost to Society Soars
- Home Blood Pressure Monitors Wrong 7 of 10 Times: Study
- Broccoli Extract Shows Promise for Type 2 Diabetes
- Are You at Risk for Metabolic Syndrome?
- Key Diabetes Test Gives Higher Blood Sugar Readings in Black Patients
- 2 Billion Worldwide Are Obese or Overweight
- For Diabetics, Nasal Powder Fixed Severe Low Blood Sugar
- Can Folks With Type 2 Diabetes Forgo the Finger Stick?
- 1 in 7 Americans Has Kidney Disease: CDC
- Is White Bread OK for Some People?
- Health Tip: What's My Target Blood Glucose?
- The Whole Truth About Whole Fruits
- Could Chocolate Guard Against an Irregular Heartbeat?
- Suicide by Insulin?
- Diabetes Drug Gets FDA Warning Due to Amputation Risk
- Heart Health Might Be a Matter of Geography
- Transplant of Insulin-Producing Cells Offers Hope Against Type 1 Diabetes
- Health Tip: Managing Meals With Gastroparesis
- Longevity in the U.S.: Location, Location, Location
- Red Wine Antioxidant Might Help Diabetics' Arteries
- Health Tip: Create a Sick-Day Plan for Diabetes
- Is This Enzyme Making You Fat?
- Too Many People Still Ignore Heart Attack Risks: Study
- Heart Failure, Job Loss May Be Deadly Combo
- Life Expectancy Goes Up for Black Americans
- More Active Kids Could Save U.S. Billions in Health Costs: Study
- Nevada Bill Aims to Limit Insulin Costs
- Type 2 Diabetes May Be Bad for Brain Health
- Health Tip: Coping With the 'Dawn Phenomenon'
- Obesity Quadruples Kids' Type 2 Diabetes Risk: Study
- Health Tip: Continuous Glucose Monitoring Devices
- Common Food Nutrient Tied to Risky Blood Clotting
- The Top 5 Conditions That Shorten Americans' Lives -- And Are Preventable
- Do Diet Sodas Pose Health Risks?
- When Is It Safe to Drive With Type 1 Diabetes?
- Is Annual Eye Exam a Must for People With Type 1 Diabetes?
- High Blood Pressure: A Silver Lining for Ovarian Cancer Patients?
- 'Better Health' Argument Won't Always Work to Pass Soda Taxes
- Lawsuit Seeks Removal of Processed Meats From L.A. Schools
- Diabetes Continues Its Relentless Rise
- More Younger Americans Are Suffering Strokes: Study
- Preparing for Anesthesia: 5 Tips You Should Know
- 10 Minutes of Sweat a Day Helps Kids' Hearts
- 'Yo-Yo' Dieting Does No Favors for Your Heart
- Race Plays Role in Heart, Diabetes Risk, Even at Normal Weight
- Weight, Gender Appear to Play Part in Kidney Transplant Success
- What You Need to Know About Cholesterol
- What Drugs Work Best for Diabetic Nerve Pain?
- Many Kids With Diabetes Missing Out on Eye Exams, Study Finds
- Fruit Juice for Kids: A Serving a Day OK
- A Warming Planet Might Mean More Diabetes
- Guidelines May Miss Need for Statins in Many U.S. Blacks
- Health Tip: Managing Metabolic Syndrome
- Obesity in Youth Tied to Higher Odds for Liver Cancer in Men
- Are Blood Thinners Overused in Patients With Irregular Heartbeat?
- Guidelines May Miss Need for Statins in Many U.S. Blacks
- Many With Irregular Heartbeat Not on Meds They Need: Study
- Too Much Screen Time May Raise Kids' Diabetes Risk
- 1 in 7 Obese People Has Normal Blood Pressure, Cholesterol
- Health Highlights: March 7, 2017
- Poor Diet Tied to Half of U.S. Deaths From Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Health Tip: Know Your Risk for Diabetic Retinopathy
- Live Healthy, Live Longer
- The Brain Can Produce Its Own Sugar: Report
- Dentists at the Front Line in Diabetes Epidemic
- Could Parkinson's Disease Raise Stroke Risk?
- Unhealthy in Middle Age, Dementia in Old Age?
- Many Younger Cancer Survivors Can't Afford Their Meds
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Help Obese Patients Beat Diabetes
- Dealing With Diabetes Distress
- Pregnancy-Linked Diabetes Poses Risks for Mom, Baby
- Genes Tied to Belly Size Also Linked to Heart Disease
- Could Fermented Foods Boost Your Health?
- Air Pollution May Raise Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Heart-Healthy Tips for Your Grocery List
- Whole-Grain Foods May Help You Stay Slim
- Sickle Cell Trait in Blacks Can Skew Diabetes Test Results
- For Millions of Americans, Everyday Life Takes Toll on Their Hearing
- Health Tip: Logging Your Exercise
- Better Sleep Could Mean Better Sex for Older Women
- Is There a Link Between Diabetes and Pancreatic Cancer?
- Health Tip: Staying Healthy May Not Be Costly
- Timing of Your Meals Might Reduce Heart Risks
- Diabetes Risk May Be Higher for HIV-Positive Adults
- Insulin Makers Conspired to Raise Prices: Lawsuit
- Curbing Excess Weight Gain in Pregnancy May Not Lower Risk for Complications
- Slim But Sedentary: Risk of Prediabetes May Rise
- Mary Tyler Moore: Diabetes Patient and Advocate
- Diabetes Kills More Americans Than Had Been Thought
- Should Pregnant Women Always Be Treated for Underactive Thyroid?
- Health Tip: Finding Help for an Overweight Child
- Kids' Sugary Drink Habits Start Early
- TV Icon Mary Tyler Moore Dies at 80
- Even One High-Fat Meal Can Harm Your Liver, Study Finds
- Jury Still Out on Whether to Screen All Adults for Sleep Apnea
- Study Counters Link Between Excess Pregnancy Weight and Overweight Kids
- High-Tech Blood Sugar Monitors May Help People With Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Family Deaths May Create 'Grief Gap' for Blacks
- Language Barrier May Keep Some Hispanics From Good Diabetes Care
- Obamacare Boosted Coverage for the Chronically Ill, Study Finds
- Most Cow's Milk Baby Formulas Don't Up Risk of Type 1 Diabetes
- Truckers' Poor Health: An Accident Waiting to Happen?
- Food Stamp Use Linked to Raised Early Death Risk in Study
- Are U.S. Med Schools Skimping on Obesity Training?
- Short Stretches of Exercise May Have Anti-Inflammatory Effect
- Too Much Sitting Ages You Faster
- 17 Million U.S. Adults May Have Tough-to-Spot High Blood Pressure
- 1 in 3 Adults Diagnosed With Asthma May Not Have It: Study
- Hispanics, Blacks Less Likely to Get High Blood Pressure Treatment: Study
- Health Tip: Get Moving Toward a Healthier You
- Taking the Bite Out of Frostbite
- Wearable Sensors May Spot Illness Before Symptoms Start
- Cold-Weather Foot Care Key for Diabetics
- 'Stress Ball' in Your Brain May Be Key to Heart Risks
- Common Virus May Have Ties to Type 1 Diabetes
- Tobacco Use Costs World 6 Million Lives, $1 Trillion Annually: Report
- High Health Care Deductibles Take Toll on Family Finances
- Native Americans Make Progress Against Diabetes Complication
- Weight-Loss Surgery Offers Long-Term Benefit to Very Obese Teens
- U.S. Glaucoma Cases Expected to Surge by 2030
- Plant-Based Diets Score Big for Healthy Weight Loss
- Many Young Adults With High Cholesterol Not on Statins as Recommended
- More Signs Mediterranean Diet May Boost Your Brain
- Health Tip: Not All Food Myths Are Accurate
- Resolve to Reduce Your Cancer Risk This Year
- Routine Checkup Should Assess Fitness, Too
- U.S. News & World Report Again Ranks the DASH Diet as the Best Overall Diet
- Study Ties Alcohol Abuse to Increased Heart Risks
- Mouse Study Hints at Why Obese People Struggle to Exercise
- Healthy Snacks Can Be Smart Part of a Diabetes Diet
- Diabetes Takes Biggest Bite Out of U.S. Health Care Spending
- Does Santa's Diet, Lifestyle Earn Him a Stocking Full of Coal?
- Health Tip: When a Child Is Sick
- Health Tip: Getting Through Diabetes Diagnosis
- FDA OKs High-Tech Diabetes Device to Help Replace Fingerstick Tests
- Chemo More Damaging to Hearts of Diabetics: Study
- Health Tip: Prepare for Travel With Diabetes
- Prices Skyrocket on Drugs Widely Used by Seniors: Report
- Where You Live May Determine How You Die
- Health Tip: Who Needs a Flu Shot?
- Polar Vortex Tightens Grip on U.S.
- Sleep Loss Tied to Changes in Gut Bacteria
- Americans' Life Expectancy Falls for 1st Time in Decades
- Certain Breast Cancer Drugs Tied to Blood Vessel Damage
- Heart Rate Change When Standing Up Might Predict Older Adult's Death Risk
- Rising Price of Opioid OD Antidote Could Cost Lives: Study
- Health Tip: Does Exercise Feel Like Work?
- Regular Drinkers, Irregular Heartbeat?
- Low-Carb Diet May Aid Your Metabolism
- Vegetarian Diets Called Good for People and the Planet
- Doctors Should Counsel Even Low-Risk Patients on Heart Health
- Smoking Raises Heart Attack Risk 8-Fold in People Under 50
- It's Never Too Late to Stop Smoking
- Many Women With Chronic Ills Don't Use Online Tools
- 3 Keys to Cutting Your Risk of Heart Failure
- Fast-Food Calorie Labeling Not Working, Study Finds
- Insulin Prices Skyrocket, Putting Many Diabetics in a Bind
- These Medicines Often Send Americans to ERs
- Fewer Americans Suffering From Dementia, Study Finds
- Smoking Plus Diabetes a Very Deadly Mix
- U.S. Hospitals Halve Catheter Infection Rates: Review
- Low Blood Sugar Linked to Death Risk for Hospital Patients
- Can Protein, Probiotics Help With Blood Sugar Control?
- Health Tip: Don't Fall for Exercise Myths
- Can Time-Release Capsules Replace Daily Pills?
- Weight-Loss Surgery Tied to Lower Heart Risks
- Meat-Heavy Diets May Raise Older Women's Heart Risks
- Tracking Blood Sugar in Pregnancy Might Lower Heart Defect Risk for Baby
- Health Tip: Creating an Insulin Routine
- U.S. Heart Disease Rates Fell 20 Percent Since 1980s: Study
- Heavy Smoking May Boost Blacks' Diabetes Risk
- Omega-3s a Recipe for Healthy Blood Pressure in Young Adults
- Daily Can of Soda Boosts Odds for Prediabetes, Study Finds
- Nearly 6 in 10 Diabetics Skip Eye Exams, Study Finds
- Too Much Iron Linked to Gestational Diabetes
- Can a Community's 'Well-Being' Help You Live Longer?
- U.S. Doctors Don't All Follow Prediabetes Screening Guidelines: Study
- Some Want a Federal Investigation as Insulin Prices Rise
- Urine Samples May Yield Clues to Fetal Health
- Follow-Up Appointments Boost Weight-Loss Surgery Success
- Lack of Sleep May Stretch Your Waistline
- Heavy Drinking While Young May Mean Hefty Health Tab Later
- More Than Half of Americans Have Chronic Health Problem: Study
- Does Living in Poor Neighborhood Up Stroke Risk?
- When Soda Makers Fund Studies, Links to Obesity Weaken
- Stressed-Out Mate Bad for Your Waistline
- Health Tip: Snacking Healthier With Diabetes
- Doctors Should Promote Breast-Feeding to Patients: Panel
- Pregnancy May Boost Stroke Risk in Younger Women: Study
- Is It Really True That Chocolate May Be Good for You?
- Irregular Heart Rhythm Patients May Not Always Need Blood Thinners: Study
- Marijuana May Blunt Bone Health
- Little Gains in Efforts to Boost Outpatient Care
- Research Sheds Light on Why People Who Lose Weight Gain It Back
- Exercise Typically Healthy During Pregnancy, Olympic Panel Says
- Americans Are Changing Their Supplements of Choice
- Chronic Disease in Mom May Be Linked to Newborns' Heart Disease
- A Guide to Coping With Corns and Calluses
- U.S. Life Expectancy Lags Behind Other Wealthy Nations
- Health Tip: Exercise Safely With Diabetes
- A Better Diabetes Test?
- Depression Can Fuel Heart Disease in Midlife Women: Study
- What Twins Are Teaching the Rest of Us
- C-Section Raises Risk of Blood Clots After Childbirth: Review
- Do Activity Trackers Like Fitbit Boost Health?
- Can Childhood Traumas Make You Old Before Your Time?
- More Research Cites Salt's Potential Health Risks
- Children With Diabetes Can Have Bright Future
- Health Tip: Health Risks of Childhood Obesity
- Health Tip: Why Can't I Stop Sweating?
- Your Biological Clock: Why Some Age Faster Than Others
- Eliminate Sweetened Drinks, Cut Kids' Sugar Intake
- Can Pregnancy Problems Foretell Future Health Risks?
- Study: Colonoscopy After 75 May Not Be Worth It
- Exercise Speeds Seniors' Recovery From Disability
- Gastric Bypass May Bring Infant Nutrition Deficits
- Smart City Planning Can Cut Deadly Diseases, Improve Air Quality
- How Older People Can Head Off Dangerous Drug Interactions
- 23 Plans Earn Top Mark in Health Insurance Ratings
- Stress Might Undercut Benefits of Healthy Diet for Women
- Canada's First Nations People Face Greater Diabetes Risk
- Carrot-Stick Approach: A Way to Get Folks to Eat More Veggies, Fruits
- Sleep Troubles, Heart Troubles?
- Marriage May Help Diabetics Keep Weight Off
- Severe Obesity and Heart Failure
- Diet or Exercise: What's Best for the Middle-Aged Heart
- 31 Million Older Americans Aren't Getting Enough Exercise
- Health Tip: Know Your Family Health History
- Alcohol May Damage the Heart -- at Least for Some
- Sugar Companies Shifted Focus to Fat as Heart Harm: Study
- Health Tip: Dress for Workout Success
- Many With Diabetes Missing Out on Statins
- Diabetes During Pregnancy Could Pose Harm to Baby
- Pilots on Insulin Therapy Can Safely Fly Commercial Planes: Study
- Savor Your Coffee -- and a Bright Smile
- A Woman's Weight Has Complex Link to Stroke Risk
- 'Glycemic Index' May Be Too Unreliable to Manage Diabetes: Study
- Intensive Type 2 Diabetes Treatment Can Extend Survival: Study
- Sugary Drink Warnings Hit Home With Teens
- Cesarean Birth Linked to Risk of Obesity in Childhood
- Health Tip: Protect Skin From Diabetes
- Health Tip: Heal Your Body With Nutrition
- Heart Attack Before 50 Ups Early Death Risk
- Health Tip: Spotting the Signs of an Effective Weight-Loss Program
- Diabetes Drug May Help Kids With Autism Fight Unwanted Pounds
- Fatty Fish May Curb Eye Risks for Diabetics, Study Finds
- Exercise Not an 'Antidote' to Too Much Sitting, Heart Experts Say
- Health Tip: The Pluses of Using an Insulin Pump
- U.S. Maternal Death Rate Is Rising
- When Diabetes Strikes, Get Moving to Lower Risk to Eyes
- Heart Risk Factors Rise Before Menopause
- Diabetes Drug Victoza Might Not Help Advanced Heart Failure Patients
- Health Tip: Warning Signs of Nerve Damage
- Average American 15 Pounds Heavier Than 20 Years Ago
- Fat May Not Hike Heart Attack Risk: Study
- Annual Best Hospitals: Familiar Names Top List
- Pregnancy Problems More Likely With Baby Boys, Study Suggests
- Weight-Loss Surgery Doesn't Boost Bone Health: Study
- Treating Psoriasis May Reduce Risk for Other Ills
- FDA OKs New Injectable Type 2 Diabetes Medication
- Exercise May Keep Diabetes in Check During Pregnancy
- Hour of Exercise a Day May Offset Sitting's Toll on Health
- 'Heat Dome' Not Budging Until Week's End
- Flu Shot Tied to Fewer Hospitalizations, Deaths in Type 2 Diabetes Patients
- Health Tip: Ease Arthritis Pain With Warm Water
- Later Start, Finish to Menstruation May Extend Women's Lives
- 1 in 10 Alzheimer's Patients at Risk for Avoidable Hospital Stays
- Induced Labor Won't Raise Autism Risk in Kids, Research Suggests
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Younger Women's Hearts
- Helping a Child Manage a Chronic Illness
- Study: VA Hospitals Compare Favorably to Non-VA Centers
- Brisk Walking May Help Ward Off Diabetes
- Living Past 90 Doesn't Doom You to Disease, Disability
- Even High-Fat Mediterranean Diet Good for You: Review
- Cutting Down on Sweets Can Help Kids' Hearts
- Which Diabetes Drug Is Best?
- U.S. Teen Diabetes Rate Exceeds Prior Estimates
- Healthy Fats Can Help Prevent Type 2 Diabetes: Study
- College Linemen Larger Than Ever, Study Finds
- 9 Out of 10 Strokes Could Be Prevented, Study Finds
- Normal Weight May Not Protect Against Diabetes
- Health Before a Stroke Is Big Predictor of Second Attack
- Too Much Red Meat Might Harm Kidneys, Study Suggests
- Rising Blood Sugar Hitting More Obese Adults
- How to Spot the Warning Signs of Heat Stroke
- Obesity More Deadly for Men Than Women: Study
- If 1st Baby's Early, 2nd Will Be Too: Study
- Pedal Away From Type 2 Diabetes
- Study Suggests Type 2 Diabetes-Cancer Link
- Global Team Taps Into DNA Behind Type 2 Diabetes
- Health Tip: Measure Your Waist Circumference
- Health Tip: Caring for Foot Ulcers
- U.S. Teens Less Sweet on Soft Drinks
- Now Pasta Is Good for Your Diet?
- Why Some Seniors Don't Take Their Meds
- Sufficient Sleep May Help Protect Men Against Diabetes: Study
- Health Tip: When Your Blood Glucose Rises
- 'Hacking' a Diabetes Cure?
- Diabetes Ups Risk of Heart Attack Death
- Fiber: The Rx for Disease-Free Aging
- Diabetes Plus Kidney Problems May Raise Heart Risks
- Most Americans Are Eating Better
- Long Work Hours May Hurt Your Health
- Health Tip: Don't Overeat at Restaurants
- Top-Rated Children's Hospitals Ranked
- Aspirin Often Wrongly Prescribed for Atrial Fibrillation
- Just a Little of Statins' Effect Enough to Help Heart: Study
- Puerto Ricans' Health Lags Behind Other Hispanics
- Heart Disease Down Among Over-40 Americans
- For Better Heart Care, Get a Pharmacist on Your Team
- Top 5 Costly Inpatient Conditions for Hospitals
- FAQ: New 'Stomach Pump' Weight Loss Device
- 5 Diet Drugs: Which Ones Work?
- Opioid Painkillers Raise Deadly Heart Risks for Some: Study
- Brains of Teens With Type 2 Diabetes May Have Gray Matter Differences
- Diabetes Drug Victoza May Help the Heart: Study
- Spare the Meat, Skip the Type 2 Diabetes?
- Could Eating More Whole Grains Help You Live Longer?
- Health Tip: Coping With Itchy Skin
- 3 Popular Diet Plans May Help Ease Type 2 Diabetes, Too
- Tight Blood Sugar Control Helps Fight Diabetic Eye Disease
- Diabetes Doesn't Doom Seniors to Disability
- Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Disease a Dangerous Combo
- 6 Ways Women Can Take Care of Their Tickers
- Middle-Age Fitness Helps Ward Off Stroke Later
- Health Tip: Enjoy an Active Summer
- Health Tip: Laxatives Have Side Effects
- Intensive Blood Sugar Control May Be Too Much for Some With Type 2 Diabetes
- Why Stroke in Middle Age Is More Deadly for Blacks Than Whites
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Boost Survival
- Genes Might Help Shield Some Black Men From Obesity
- Severe Obesity May Boost Infection Risk After Heart Surgery
- Health Tip: Diabetes Can Harm Your Feet
- What Doctors Aren't Telling Obese, Young Adults
- Balloon-in-a-Pill May Be New Weight-Loss Tool
- No Welcome Mats for Diabetes, Obesity in 'Walkable' Neighborhoods
- Weight-Loss Surgery Helps Treat Type 2 Diabetes
- More Evidence That Smog a Heart Threat
- After Heart Attack, New Threat: Heart Failure
- At Least 1 Full-Time Nurse Per School, Pediatric Group Recommends
- Antibacterial Agent May Not Be a Dirty Word After All: Study
- Genetically Modified Crops Are Safe: Review
- Dad's Role in Baby's Health Larger Than Thought?
- Half of Heart Attacks Might Be 'Silent'
- Joe Montana Scoring Points Against Heart Disease
- As Fitness Levels Rise, Diabetes Risk Drops
- Gestational Diabetes May Lead to More Body Fat on Babies
- Is Ovary Removal Tied to Colon Cancer Risk?
- Many COPD Patients Have Trouble Finding Care
- Does Fat-Storing Hormone Cause Obesity?
- Obesity May Not Take Years Off Your Life: Study
- Child's Obesity Tied to Mom's Pregnancy Weight: Study
- Seniors: Pump Iron, Live Longer
- Emergency Surgery Risky Business in Poor Countries
- Obamacare Buyers Could Have Fewer Choices in 2017
- Coffee, Wine Good for Healthy Gut, Sodas May Be Bad
- Type 2 Diabetes May Damage Hearing, Study Finds
- Mom's Pre-Pregnancy Weight May Help Predict Child's Size
- Psoriasis Tied to Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes
- Health Tip: Enjoy a Healthier Plane Ride
- Night Shift Work May Be Tough on a Woman's Heart
- Pharmacists Can Manage Some Chronic Conditions Effectively, Study Suggests
- Health Tip: Help Prevent High Blood Pressure
- Study Ties Certain Mouth Germs to Pancreatic Cancer Risk
- Metformin Safer for Heart Than Other Common Type 2 Diabetes Drugs: Study
- After Pregnancy-Linked Diabetes, Healthy Diet May Ease Blood Pressure
- Widely Used Type 2 Diabetes Drug May Reduce Cancer Death Risk
- Common Heartburn Drugs Linked to Kidney Disease in Study
- Diabetes Steals Years, Adds Disabilities
- Health Tip: Keep a Diabetes Diary
- Prediabetes May Damage Nerves More Than Thought
- What Women Should Do to Guard Against Vision Loss
- Mom's Obesity, Diabetes May Spur Fetus to Grow Too Fast
- Health Tip: Savor Your Food
- Exercise May Counter Harms From Too Much Sitting, Study Says
- Diabetes Cases Quadruple Worldwide Since 1980: Report
- Cost of Insulin Rises Threefold in Just a Decade: Study
- Hispanics More Likely to Have Heart Pumping Problems, Study Says
- FDA: 2 Diabetes Drugs May Be Linked to Heart Failure Risk
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Help Control Type 2 Diabetes in Long Run
- More People Surviving Sudden Liver Failure
- Berries: Big Health Benefits in Small Packages
- Waistline May Predict Heart Disease Better Than Weight
- 'Paleo' Diet May Help Older Women's Hearts, Waistlines
- Underactive Thyroid May Raise Odds for Type 2 Diabetes: Study
- Diabetes Meds Vary in Safety and Effectiveness, Study Shows
- Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Epilepsy Risk, Study Suggests
- More Evidence Diabetes Drug Actos Raises Bladder Cancer Risk a Bit
- Hormone Exposure in Womb May Boost Later Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Heart Attacks Striking Younger, Fatter Americans: Study
- Mammograms May Also Help Spot Heart Disease, Study Suggests
- Many Kidney Transplant Patients Land in ER Within 2 Years: Study
- Health Tip: Setting Goals for a Healthier Lifestyle
- Daytime Sleepiness, Long Naps Linked to Heart Risks: Study
- Less Than 3 Percent of Americans Live a Healthy Lifestyle
- U.S. Heart Disease Deaths Shifting South
- A Wearable Patch Might Help Manage Diabetes Painlessly
- Acetaminophen Won't Help Arthritis Pain, Study Finds
- A Healthy Heart May Protect an Aging Brain
- If Younger Sibling Arrives Before 1st Grade, Kids Less Likely to Be Obese: Study
- Diabetes May Raise Risk for Dangerous Staph Infection
- Half of Americans' Calories Come From 'Ultra-Processed' Foods
- Transplant From Incompatible Living Donor Boosts Kidney Patients' Survival
- Triggers for Hyperglycemia
- Doctors May Be Missing Chances to Treat Prediabetes
- Body Fat May Be Bigger Health Danger Than Body Size
- Fitness in Youth May Be Key to Diabetes Risk Decades Later
- Lazy Weekends May Boost Body Fat, Study Shows
- Is Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Raised Risk of Certain Cancers?
- Vitamin D While Pregnant Won't Boost Most Infants' Bone Health, Study Says
- Study Compares Drugs for Common Diabetic Eye Disease
- 1 in 3 Americans Drinks Sugary Soda or Juice Daily: CDC
- Feeling Old? Your Risk for Hospitalization May Rise
- For Stroke Patients, Temporary Easing of Symptoms Can Be Deceiving
- Stroke Risk May Be Greater for Certain Migraine Sufferers: Studies
- Overweight, Obese Kids Fare Worse in Hospital ICUs, Study Finds
- Pregnancy After 40 May Boost Risk of 'Bleeding' Stroke Later: Study
- Sleep Loss May Be Tied to Raised Diabetes Risk in Teen Boys
- New Type of Weight-Loss Surgery May Be Less Risky, Cheaper
- Valentine's Day Can Still Be Sweet for Loved Ones With Diabetes
- Health Tip: If You're a Diabetes Caregiver
- Bear Belly Might Hold Clues to Obesity in Humans
- Diabetes Drug May Not Help Obese Women Have Normal-Weight Babies
- Sitting for Hours May Raise Your Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Higher Fiber Intake May Improve Lung Function
- Sleepless Nights Might Raise Women's Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Study Links Diabetes, Obesity in Moms-to-Be to Higher Autism Risk in Kids
- Suicide, Drugs Only Partly to Blame for Rising Deaths of Middle-Aged U.S. Whites
- Exercise: Is More Always Better?
- New Transplant Technique Might Free Type 1 Diabetics From Daily Injections
- New Kidney Transplant Drug Cuts Risk of Earlier Death: Study
- Check Your Risk for Diabetes, CDC Urges
- Catch-Up Sleep May Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Risk Tied to Sleep Loss: Study
- Health Tip: Evaluating Your Environment
- Health Warning Labels Might Help Parents Skip the Soda Aisle
- Stressed Teens May Face Higher Diabetes Risk as Adults: Study
- Pre-Pregnancy Potato Consumption Linked to Gestational Diabetes
- Sugary Drinks Tied to Increase in Deep Belly Fat
- Scientists Identify Sugar-Busting Enzyme in Rats
- Even Slight Kidney Decline May Affect Heart
- Health Tip: Diabetics, Watch for Gum Disease
- Gradual Decline in Soda's Sugar Content Might Help Curb Obesity
- Device Approved for Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Mexico's Soda Tax Linked to Reduced Consumption
- Artificial Pancreas to Get Long-Term 'Real-Life' Trial
- Doctor-Patient Emails Can Help the Chronically Ill
- DASH Diet Ranks Best for Sixth Time
- Diabetic Kidney Damage May Start Earlier Than Thought
- Chronic Drinking Plus Binge Drinking Spurs Rapid Liver Damage in Mouse Study
- Losing Pancreas Fat May Treat Type 2 Diabetes
- Weight-Loss Surgery Lowered Risk of Heart Attack, Type 2 Diabetes in Study
- More U.S. Kids Have Type 1 Diabetes, But Researchers Don't Know Why
- Type 2 Diabetes May Raise Dementia Risk, Especially in Women: Study
- Health Tip: Keeping Diabetes in Check During the Holidays
- Nasal Spray May Give Diabetics Faster Treatment for Low Blood Sugar
- New Device Approved for Fecal Incontinence
- Toothlessness a Clue to Deadly Heart Disease?
- More Support for Lower Blood Pressure Goals
- Blood Thinner, Certain Diabetes Drugs Are a Bad Combo
- People with Type 2 Diabetes May Be Overtested
- Infertile Men May Have Higher Risk of Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Infant Weight Gain Linked to Possible Type 1 Diabetes Risk
- Diabetes Drug Improves Gut Bacteria, Study Finds
- Endurance Athletes May Pay Physical Price
- Diabetes or Obesity During Pregnancy May Affect Fetal Heart: Study
- Another Downside to Diabetes: Tooth Loss
- Could Energy Drink 'Shots' Raise Teens' Diabetes Risk?
- New Diabetes Cases Among Americans Drop for First Time in Decades: CDC
- Metformin May Not Help Obese Teens With Type 1 Diabetes
- Possible New Weight-Loss Tool: Blocking Stomach Artery
- Adults With Heart Defects May Face Higher Risk of Stroke: Study
- Breast-Feeding May Cut Risk of Type 2 Diabetes for Some Women
- Doctors' Group Urges Greater Use of Generic Drugs
- Health Tip: Stay Well Despite Diabetes
- Health Tip: Exercising With Diabetes
- Coffee Drinkers May Live Longer
- Leading Doctors' Group Wants to Ban Prescription Drug Ads
- Drug Lucentis May Fight Diabetic Eye Disease
- Type 1 Diabetes: An Unrelenting Disease
- Chemical Exposure During Pregnancy Linked to Excess Weight in Kids
- Too Few Psychiatric Patients Screened for Diabetes: Study
- Adult Obesity Still Growing in U.S., Youth Rates Hold Steady: CDC
- Insulin Pumps Give Kids With Type 1 Diabetes Better Blood Sugar Control
- Even Easy Exercise May Lower Blood Pressure in Those With Diabetes
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Trim Health Care Costs
- Sleep Patterns May Affect a Woman's Diabetes Risk
- Better Diets May Be Extending Americans' Lives
- Severe Combat Injuries Linked to Risk of Chronic Diseases
- More Belly Fat in First Trimester Linked to Diabetes Risk Later in Pregnancy
- Too Much TV Linked to Leading Causes of Death
- Researchers Say They've Identified 3 Type 2 Diabetes Subtypes
- Despite Advances, Type 2 Diabetics Still Face Elevated Death Risk: Study
- Too Many Seniors With Diabetes Are Overtreated, Study Suggests
- Cutting Sugar From Diet Boosts Kids' Health Immediately: Study
- Death Rates From Major Illnesses Fall in U.S.
- U.S. Task Force Urges Broader Screening for Type 2 Diabetes
- Health Tip: How Foods Impact Glycemic Index
- Chronic Heartburn Drugs Tied to Higher Risk of Kidney Disease
- Sitting for a Long Time Not as Bad as Thought?
- Infant Heart Defect May Be Linked to Pre-Diabetic Sugar Levels in Pregnancy
- New Clues to How Gene Affects Women's Body Shape, Diabetes Risk
- Red Wine Boosts Heart Health in Type 2 Diabetes
- Severely Obese Kids at Higher Risk for Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Higher-Protein Diet May Help Some With Type 2 Diabetes
- Sweetened Drinks May Damage Heart, Review Finds
- More Evidence High-Fiber, Mediterranean Diet Is Good for You
- Dieters: Don't Replace Saturated Fats With Processed Carbs
- Experts Link Hormone-Disrupting Chemicals to Diabetes, Obesity
- Taking Blood Pressure Drugs at Night May Help Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
- Not All Trans Fats Harm the Heart, German Study Contends
- Daytime Napping Linked to Diabetes Risk
- Artificial Pancreas Works Well in Home Trial
- A High Salt and Potassium Diet May Accelerate Chronic Kidney Disease
- Diabetes Should Be a Factor in Weight-Loss Surgery Decision: Study
- Smoking Linked to Greater Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Sugary Drinks Often Part of Overall Poor Diet
- Pesticide Exposure Tied to Diabetes Risk
- Diabetes Takes a Toll on Women's Hearts
- Tight Control of Type 2 Diabetes May Help Prevent Dementia
- Very High-Calorie Diets Show How Overeating May Lead to Diabetes
- Short, Intense Workouts May Help Hearts of Type 2 Diabetics
- Can Eye Screening for Diabetic Kids Be Delayed a Bit?
- Diabetes a Concern for Half of Americans
- Health Tip: Choosing the Right Insulin Injection Site
- Younger Women With Diabetes More Vulnerable to Heart Attack: Study
- Cutting Calories May Help You Fend Off Age-Linked Disease: Study
- Your Heart Is Likely 'Older' Than You Are
- FDA Warns of Joint Pain Tied to Common Type 2 Diabetes Drugs
- American Kids Growing Fatter Than Their Canadian Cousins
- Brief Drop in Blood Sugar at Birth Tied to Poorer School Performance
- Pot Belly Linked to Heavy Smoking
- Exercise Best Bet Against Diabetes for College Graduates
- Diabetes Drug Might Also Help Some Patients Lose Weight
- Insulin Pumps Nearly Halve Risk of Heart Disease Death for Type 1 Diabetics
- Neglecting Teen Health May Lead to Bigger Problems as Adults
- Type 2 Diabetes Linked to Language Problems in Women
- Jury Still Out on Whether Saturated Fat Is Bad for You, Researchers Say
- More Evidence That Southern Cooking Boosts Heart Risk
- Parents of Kids With Diabetes Need to Plan for School Days
- Health Tip: Diabetes Can Take a Toll on Teeth and Mouth
- Skipping Breakfast a Bad Idea for People with Type 2 Diabetes
- Active As Teen, Free of Diabetes In Later Life?
- People With Type 2 Diabetes Do Benefit From Blood Sugar Checks
- Just 1 in 3 Seniors With Diabetes Has Disease Under Control
- Stand, Don't Sit, to Get Healthier, Researchers Say
- High Blood Sugar May Boost Alzheimer's Risk
- Healthy Diet May Help Shield the Aging Brain
- Flavor-Boosting Phosphate Food Additives Carry Risks for Some
- Study Refutes Notion That Diabetes Drug Actos Raises Bladder Cancer Risk
- Psoriasis Drug May Help Preserve Pancreas Cells in Type 1 Diabetes
- Common Diabetes Meds Tied to Lower Risk for Parkinson's
- High Soda Intake May Boost Diabetes Risk, Even Without Obesity
- Low Birth Weight Tied to Higher Type 2 Diabetes Risk Decades Later
- Impotence Linked to Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Did Your Hospital Make the Honor Roll?
- Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Higher Risk of Dementia
- New Drug May Help Diabetic Kidney Disease Patients
- Health Tip: Controlling Diabetes During Hot Weather
- Uncontrolled Diabetes May Boost Dementia Risk
- Diabetes Drug Given to Obese Moms-to-Be Won't Keep Baby's Weight Down
- Type 2 Diabetes May Damage Thinking Skills: Study
- Chronic Ills May Add Up to a Shortened Life Span
- Cost a Barrier to Healthier Diets for Diabetic Kids, Study Shows
- Calcium Scan Can Predict Premature Death Risk, Study Says
- Keeping Fit May Halve Seniors' Heart Failure Risk
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Beat Diet, Exercise as Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
- Parents' Genetic Similarities Could Affect Kids' Height, Intellect
- Promise From a New Weight-Loss Drug
- Diabetes Rates Fall in Neighborhoods With Healthy Food, Parks and Gyms
- Fat No Longer the Focus of New U.S. Dietary Guidelines
- Order in Which Food Is Eaten May Affect Type 2 Diabetics' Blood Sugar
- More Than Two-Thirds of U.S. Adults Now Overweight or Obese: Study
- The Benefits of Exercise Go Way Beyond the Muscles
- Any Added Sugar Is Bad Sugar, Some Experts Contend
- Exercise May Have Benefits Beyond Fitness in Type 2 Diabetes
- Tight Food Budget Can Wreak Havoc on Diabetes Management
- Certain Diabetes Drugs May Aid Weight Loss by Curbing Cravings
- World's Population Is Getting Sicker, Study Shows
- New Trial Tests Whether TB Shot Fights Type 1 Diabetes
- Could Diabetes Run in Your Relationship?
- Tight Blood Sugar Control Helps the Heart in Type 2 Diabetes
- Could Type 2 Diabetes Shield Against ALS?
- Health Tip: Factors That May Lead to Weight Gain
- Average New Yorker Sits 7 Hours Each Day: Study
- Diabetes Drug Metformin May Lower Glaucoma Risk
- Don't Give Heart-Healthy Patients Blood Pressure Drugs Before Surgery: Study
- Vegan Diet Might Ease Diabetic Nerve Pain
- Could a Noisy Neighborhood Make You Fat?
- More Evidence That High-Fiber Diet May Curb Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Coffee May Help Men Keep Impotence at Bay
- Health Tip: Exercise Boosts Heart Health
- Heart Risk Factors May Harm Black Women More Than Whites
- One-Third of Americans Have Dangerous Mix of Heart Risk Factors
- FDA Issues Warning for Type 2 Diabetes Drugs
- Shift Work Linked to Health Problems
- Abnormal Test Results in Hospital Signal Raised Kidney Injury Risk
- Immune System Genes May Change With the Seasons: Study
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder May Be Linked to Accelerated Aging
- Blood Thinner Warfarin May Pose Greater Bleeding Risk for Obese: Study
- Health Tip: Store Diabetes Supplies Safely
- Americans' Blood Triglyceride Levels Dropping: CDC
- Pig Farmers at Greater Risk for Drug-Resistant Staph Infections: Study
- High-Protein Diet May Be Dangerous for Those at Risk of Heart Disease
- When You Eat, Not Just What, May Impact Health
- Little Risk of Vitamin D Toxicity, Study Says
- Many Aging Boomers Face Chronic Illness, But Death Rate Is Falling: CDC
- Fall-Related Deaths Nearly Doubled for U.S. Seniors Since 2000
- Sleep Apnea Treatment May Help Lower Diabetes Risk for Some
- Health Tip: Living With Diabetes and Heart Disease
- Diabetes Study Suggests a Little Extra Weight Tied to Longer Survival
- 2-Minute Walk Every Hour May Help Offset Effects of Sitting
- Dropping One Sugary Soda a Day Could Cut Diabetes Risk: Study
- Health Tip: Preventing Health Problems in Seniors
- Hispanic Women's Upbeat Outlook May Boost Heart Health
- Better Diabetes Blood Sugar Management Leads to Fewer Eye Surgeries
- More Kids With Type 1 Diabetes Facing Dangerous Complication
- Could High-Dose Insulin Prevent Type 1 Diabetes in High-Risk Kids?
- Diabetes Drug May Not Guard Against Pancreatic Cancer
- Researchers Test Powdered Insulin to Prevent Diabetes
- Depression Plus Diabetes May Boost Dementia Risk
- To Protect Your Aging Brain, Start With Exercise
- Kids With Type 1 Diabetes Face Much Higher Hospitalization Rates
- Health Tip: Diabetics Who Compete
- Night Owls Run Higher Risk of Health Problems, Study Finds
- More TV Time May Mean Higher Diabetes Risk, Study Finds
- Gestational Diabetes Drug Might Raise Babies' Complication Risk
- Connection Between Diabetes, Advanced Breast Cancer Detected in Study
- Could a Diet Help Shield You From Alzheimer's?
- Study Ties Frequent Antibiotic Use to Higher Odds for Type 2 Diabetes
- Eylea Approval Expanded to Include Diabetic Retinopathy
- Medicaid Expansion Spotted Many Undiagnosed Diabetes Cases
- Why Insulin Resistance May Be More Common in Men
- Latest Diabetes Care Guidelines Focus on Individual Approach
- Adopting U.S. Culture Ups Diabetes Risk in Mexican-American Kids
- Why Isn't There Any Cheap, Generic Insulin?
- 2 Factors Greatly Boost New Moms' Odds of Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes Groups Call for Greater Scrutiny of Insulin Pumps
- Kids' Bad Diets May Mean Worse Health as Adults
- Newer Blood Thinner May Improve Outcomes for Heart Attack Survivors
- U.S. Doctors, CDC Join Forces in New Diabetes Prevention Effort
- Could the Future Be Finger-Stick Free for Diabetics?
- Coffee and Your Health: FAQ
- Mom's Age at Childbirth Tied to Son's Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Nuts Linked to Better Heart Health for Teens
- Study Suggests Link Between Adult Diabetes, Exposure to Smoke in Womb
- Another Study Finds Mediterranean Diet May Cut Heart Risks
- Statins Linked to Raised Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Nuts May Lengthen Your Life, Study Suggests
- Love Coffee? Your Heart May, Too
- Get Checked for Diabetes While Getting Your Teeth Cleaned?
- Additives in Processed Foods May Alter Gut Bacteria
- Low Levels of Vitamin D Linked to Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- U.S. Dietary Guidelines Take Aim at Sugar
- Diabetes and Dementia May Be Linked
- Study Compares Drugs for Diabetes-Linked Eye Disease
- Small Study Links Lack of Sleep to Type 2 Diabetes Risk
- Smoking During Pregnancy May Raise Diabetes Risk for Daughters: Study
- Eating More Fiber Helped People Lose Weight, Researchers Report
- Minority Kids Less Likely to Get Latest Type 1 Diabetes Treatments, Study Finds
- Blood Pressure Meds Lower Heart, Stroke Risks in Diabetics: Analysis
- Is the Advice on Fat in Your Diet Wrong?
- Lucentis Approved for Diabetic Retinopathy
- FDA Approves 1st Drug for Diabetic Retinopathy
- Change in Gut Bacteria May Precede Type 1 Diabetes in Kids
- Type 1 Diabetes More Deadly for Women Than Men, Study Finds
- Medication Problems May Spur Many Child ER Trips, Study Finds
- 1 in 5 Younger Diabetics Lacks Good Medical Care, Study Says
- Diabetes Patients Lax With Meds If Diagnosed With Cancer, Study Finds
- Diabetes-Related Foot Condition Often Missed
- Too Much Sitting Can Be Deadly -- Even if You Exercise, Review Finds
- Walking Group a Step Toward Better Health, Researchers Say
- Eating Right Helps Prevent Type 2 Diabetes in Women
- Unhealthy Insulin Levels May Boost Breast Cancer Risk
- Spending on Medical Research Falls in U.S. While Growing Globally
- Are Seniors With Diabetes Overtreated?
- More Than 1 in 10 Use Daily Aspirin Inappropriately
- Cluster of Heart Risk Factors Tied to Uterine Cancer Risk
- Night Shift May Boost Black Women's Diabetes Risk, Study Finds
- Cooler Temps May Boost Calorie-Burning 'Brown Fat,' Mouse Study Suggests
- Top Healthy Habits for Your Heart
- PTSD May Raise Women's Risk for Diabetes
- Study Reinforces Link Between Low Birth Weight, Diabetes Risk
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Extend Lives, Study Finds
- Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Lower Life Expectancy in Study
- High Blood Sugar in Heart Failure Patients May Point to Risk of Early Death
- More Evidence That Healthy Living Works Wonders for Women's Hearts
- Study Debunks Notion of 'Healthy Obesity'
- DASH Diet Is Tops Again, Fifth Year in a Row
- Defective Hormone Linked to Chronic Obesity in Baby
- 1 in 3 People With Type 1 Diabetes Still Produce Insulin, Study Says
- Poverty Makes Diabetes Care Tougher, Study Reports
- Do Americans Eat and Drink Too Much Sugar?
- New Weight Loss Drug Saxenda: FAQ
- Diabetes May Affect Kids' Brain Growth, Study Reports
- Nearly All Diabetics Should Be on Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs: Experts
- Diabetes Drug Metformin Safe for Patients With Kidney Disease: Review
- Asians Need Type 2 Diabetes Screening at Lower Body Weight: Experts
- More Children in the U.S. Are Getting Type 1 Diabetes
- Crohn's, Colitis May Have Genetic Underpinnings, Study Finds
- Some Blood Types Might Raise Type 2 Diabetes Risk: Study
- Only 4 in 10 Americans Eat Heart-Healthy Nuts Each Day, CDC Says
- 'Low-GI' Diet May Not Benefit Blood Sugar
- Cancer Rates Higher in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- Does High-Fructose Corn Syrup Make People Hungrier?
- Progress Still Needed on 'Race Gap' in Older Americans' Health
- Full Bladder May Get a Third of Women Over 40 Up at Night
- Cost of Job-Based Health Insurance Outpaces Family Income: Report
- Free Clinics Run by Med Students on the Rise
- Painkiller Tramadol Linked to Low Blood Sugar
- Technology Helps Manage Diabetes: FDA
- Many Women Don't Lose Those Pregnancy Pounds, Study Finds
- Obesity Can Cause 'Silent' Damage to Heart
- Dairy and Diabetes Risk: New Thinking?
- Better Diet, Exercise Can Prevent Diabetes in Both Sexes, Study Finds
- Midlife Diabetes Linked to Memory Problems Later
- Holiday Overindulgence Risky for People With Type 2 Diabetes
- Health Tip: Easing the Stress of Diabetes
- Childhood Obesity Brings Host of Health Problems, Researchers Report
- Yogurt Every Day May Help Keep Diabetes Away
- Cost of Diabetes Care Keeps Climbing, Report Shows
- Exercise Might Not Help Some Type 2 Diabetics Control Their Blood Sugar
- U.S. School Meal Rules Might Work Against Good Nutrition, Study Says
- Type 1 Diabetes Lowered Survival in Study
- Working Night Shift Slows Metabolism, Study Suggests
- Nearly 3 in 10 Americans With Diabetes Don't Know It: Study
- Cocaine Can Cause Heart Problems: Study
- Study Finds No Added Benefit From Routine Heart Scans for Diabetics
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Kidney Disease Progression in Diabetics
- Most in U.S. Aren't Suitable Kidney Donors, Study Says
- Air Pollution May Be Linked to Higher Rates of Kidney Disease
- Asthma Raises Heart Attack Risk, Research Suggests
- Undiagnosed Sleep Problems May Be Common Among Firefighters
- Weight-Loss Surgery Has Low Complication Rates, Study Finds
- Weight-Loss Surgery Lowers Type 2 Diabetes Risk, Study Shows
- Hormone Therapy May Up Heart-Related Deaths in Some Prostate Cancer Patients
- Scientists Create Tiny Stomachs From Stem Cells
- Would Alternative Payment Plan Cut Medical Bills?
- Is Milk Your Friend or Foe?
- Type 1 Diabetes Increasing Among White American Kids
- Colleges Could Do More for Students With Chronic Ills, Study Finds
- Metformin Beats Other Type 2 Diabetes Drugs for First Treatment: Study
- Gestational Diabetes May Influence Daughter's Weight Later
- Controversial Chemical May Leach Into Skin From Cash Receipts
- Health Tip: Breast-feeding With Diabetes
- Regular Doctor Visits Help Control Blood Pressure, Study Says
- Dieters May Be Thwarted by Absence of Healthy Foods
- If You Do Gain Weight, Polyunsaturated Fats May Prevent Some Damage
- Another Study Links Mediterranean Diet to Better Heart Health
- Early Study Points to Diabetes Drug Controlled by Light
- Smoking-Related Illnesses in U.S. Total 14 Million, Report Finds
- Even Decaf Coffee May Help the Liver
- E-Doctors: Virtual Visits Give Patients Options
- Stem Cell Success Raises Hopes of Type 1 Diabetes Cure
- Impotence Drug Might Counter Common Gene Mutation in Type 2 Diabetes: Study
- Egg-Rich Diet Not Harmful in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sitting Around in Middle Age Doesn't Bode Well for Old Age
- Fried Foods Linked to Raised Risk of Diabetes in Pregnancy
- Screen Everyone Over 45 for Diabetes: U.S. Task Force
- U.S. Life Expectancy Hits Record High of Nearly 79 Years: CDC
- Heart Bypass Patients May Not Need Tight Blood Sugar Control: Study
- Health Tip: Tight Shoes May Be Damaging Your Feet
- Gout May Be Linked to Raised Diabetes Risk: Study
- Aerobic Exercise May Boost Quality of Life for Dialysis Patients
- Study Compares Insulin Regimens for Type 1 Diabetes
- Could a Fading Sense of Smell Point to Earlier Death?
- Gene Study Finds No Proof Vitamin D Guards Against Type 2 Diabetes
- Healthy Lifestyle Before Pregnancy May Cut Gestational Diabetes Risk
- Can Exercise Prevent Type 2 Diabetes? Your Genes May Be Key
- Stress Might Be Even More Unhealthy for the Obese
- Weekly Diabetes Drugs: FAQs
- Can All Work and No Play Make You Diabetic?
- Obesity Isn't Sole Cause of Type 2 Diabetes
- Scientists Explain Why Statins Raise Diabetes Risk
- Diabetes Rates Leveling Off in U.S.
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Gum Disease
- Diabetes Drug Metformin May Affect Thyroid in Some Patients
- Study: Healthy Lifestyle Behaviors May Prevent 80 Percent of Heart Attacks
- Tight Blood Sugar Control Doesn't Prevent Strokes in Diabetics: Study
- Trulicity Approved for Type 2 Diabetes
- Artificial Sweeteners May Raise Blood Sugar Levels: Study
- Could Artificial Sweeteners Raise Your Blood Sugar?
- U.S. Waistlines Keep Growing, With Women Leading the Way
- High-Fat Dairy May Lower Diabetes Risk
- Combo Diabetes Therapy Outperforms Other Treatments, Study Finds
- Traffic Pollution Linked to Higher Levels of Obesity Hormone
- Diabetics Face Much Greater Risk of Heart Damage, Study Says
- Nuts & Your Health: What to Know
- Statins May Help Prevent Diabetes-Related Nerve Damage, Study Finds
- Can Prediabetes Raise Risk of Certain Cancers?
- Weight Loss Surgery: Diabetes Cure?
- Obesity Remains Rampant Across America
- Health Tip: Drugs and Foods Can Interact
- No Clear Winner Among Popular Diets, Analysis Finds
- Is Breakfast Really Your Most Important Meal?
- Train Your Brain to Choose Fruit Salad Over French Fries
- Low-Carb Beats Low-Fat for Weight Loss, Heart Health: Study
- Obesity Fueling Rise in Diabetes Rates, Study Finds
- Diet, Exercise Counseling Urged for Overweight Americans With Heart Risks
- Health Tip: Manage Stress to Keep Diabetes in Check
- New Test Helps Diagnose Type 1 Diabetes
- Blacks May Face Higher Risk of Diabetes-Linked Vision Loss
- Getting Healthier a Big Money-Saver for People With Diabetes
- Low Birth Weights May Put Black Women at Risk for Diabetes
- What Is Your Gut Telling You?
- Health Tip: Reducing Your Chances of Heart Disease if You Have Diabetes
- 40 Percent of Americans Will Develop Diabetes, CDC Projects
- Women, Blacks Hit Harder by Heart Disease Risk Factors
- Doctors May Miss Out on Recommending Aspirin Therapy
- Coaching May Help Diabetics Battle Depression, Disease Better
- The 'Bear' Facts on Obesity and Diabetes
- Fast-Slow Walking May Be Better for Diabetes
- Poor People With Diabetes Much More Likely to Lose a Limb: Study
- Big Jump in Doctor's Office Visits for Young Adults With Diabetes
- Fruits, Veggies May Have Their Limits in Boosting Lifespan
- Diabetes May Raise Risk for Head and Neck Cancer
- Healthy 'Brown Fat' May Cut Odds for Obesity, Diabetes
- Chronic Medical Conditions Can Shorten Seniors' Lives: Study
- Preemies May Have Higher Risk of Blood Clots, Even as Adults
- Study Links Shift Work to Risk for Type 2 Diabetes
- Gene Study Gives New Insight Into Puberty in Girls
- Parents of Obese Kids Often View Them as Healthy
- High-Salt Diets Could Double Risk of Heart Woes for Diabetics
- Life Skills, Parenting Classes May Cut Inflammation in Poor Kids
- Exercise May Help Counter Health Risks of Sedentary Lifestyle
- Protein Temporarily Reversed Type 2 Diabetes in Mice
- Niacin Doesn't Reduce Heart Problems, May Create Some, Research Finds
- Saliva Test Might Someday Replace Needle Prick for Diabetics
- Older Adults Can Safely Donate a Kidney, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Have Cracked Heels?
- Around the Globe, Mom's Health Key to Newborn's Size
- Aerobic/Strength Training Combo May Be Best Workout for Diabetics
- Insulin Pumps May Outperform Daily Injections for Type 2 Diabetes: Study
- Health Tip: Recognize Symptoms of Diabetes
- Inhaled Insulin Afrezza: FAQ
- FDA Approves Inhaled Insulin Drug Afrezza
- Gut Cells May Be Coaxed to Make Insulin for People With Type 1 Diabetes
- Is All That TV Killing You?
- Taste Buds Decline With Age -- Link to Diabetes?
- People With Heart Disease, Diabetes May Be More Likely to Stay on Statins
- Cooler Indoor Temps May Help 'Good Fat' Grow
- Gut Microbes Differ in Obese or Diabetic People, Study Finds
- Shortage of Doctors Who Treat Diabetes Looming
- Health Tip: Helping Somone With Diabetes
- 1 in 10 Moms-to-Be Develop Pregnancy-Linked Diabetes: CDC
- U.S. Health Snapshots: Insurance Coverage Expands, but Gaps Remain
- 'Walkable' Neighborhoods May Help Cut Diabetes Rates
- Diabetes Distress Is Distinct From Depression, Researchers Say
- Experts Revise Optimum Blood Sugar Level for Kids With Type 1 Diabetes
- High Blood Pressure May Sometimes Be Overtreated: Study
- Scientists Reverse Type 1 Diabetes in Mice
- 'Bionic Pancreas' Improves Blood Sugar Control for People With Type 1 Diabetes
- Blacks May Respond Better Than Whites to Diabetes Drug Metformin
- Gut Bacteria in Young Diabetic Kids Show Differences
- Health Tip: Having Poor Circulation in the Feet
- Can Weight-Loss Surgery Lower Cancer Risk for the Obese?
- Diet Rich in Plant Antioxidants Helps Blood Sugar
- Medication Safety Essential For Seniors
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Risk of Diabetes, Research Suggests
- For Obese Diabetics, Weight-Loss Surgery May Work Best
- 1 in 10 Heart Attack Patients May Have Undiagnosed Diabetes
- Take Heart: Mediterranean Diet Combats Type 2 Diabetes, Study Says
- Diabetes Drug May Spur Weight Loss in Obese Nondiabetics
- Obesity Crisis Has Scaled Even the Himalayas
- Obesity, Overweight Rates Jump Worldwide, Report Finds
- Diabetics Fare Worse After Heart Surgery, Study Finds
- Kids' Snacking Gets Less Nutritious as They Age
- Health Tip: Seniors Need Preventive Care
- Diabetes May Be Bigger Threat to the Female Heart: Study
- Mental Illness Linked to Shortened Life Spans
- Brain Changes May Accompany Type 1 Diabetes Diagnosis in Kids
- Ultrasound Trumps CT Scan for Diagnosing Kidney Stones in Study
- Losing Weight at Any Age May Help the Heart
- Mouse Study Raises Possibility of New Treatment for Diabetes
- Reports of Chest Pain Down For Whites, But Not Blacks
- More Americans Hospitalized for Irregular Heartbeat, Study Finds
- Diabetes: 2 Large Meals Better Than 6 Small?
- Vitamin D Supplements May Not Help Ease Asthma
- Walking Could Be Key Step Against Kidney Disease
- Adults With Autism at Risk for Many Health Problems: Study
- New Drug May Help Lower 'Bad' Cholesterol Beyond Statins
- Prescription Drug Use Continues to Climb in U.S.
- Intensive Insulin Therapy Might Aid Diabetics After Heart Attack
- Diabetics Fare Well After Kidney Transplants, Study Finds
- More Women Delaying First Pregnancy: CDC
- Exercise Could Help Disabled People, But Too Few Are Active: CDC
- One in 12 Older Americans Struggles to Afford Food: Study
- Kids' Diabetes Rates Up Dramatically in 8 Years, Study Finds
- Is Healthy Obesity a Myth?
- Complications Common, Costly With Some Kidney Stone Treatments
- Y Chromosome Loss Linked to Higher Cancer Risk in Men
- Complications Fairly Common, Costly With Some Kidney Stone Treatments
- Type 2 Diabetes May Shrink the Brain, Study Suggests
- Guidelines Aim to Detect More Congenital Heart Defects in Womb
- Could More Coffee Lower Your Odds for Diabetes?
- Severe Obesity in Teens Tied to Possible Kidney Problems
- For Many Men, Impotence Is Treatable Without Drugs
- Seniors Who Suffer Mental Declines May Face Earlier Death: Study
- Vitamin D May Not Lower Seniors' Fall Risk
- Low Blood Sugar May Affect Heartbeat in People With Diabetes
- For Many Older Men, Impotence Is Treatable Without Drugs
- Early Sign of Kidney Disease Often Ignored, Study Says
- A Little Wine Might Help Kidneys Stay Healthy
- People With Kidney Disease Show Higher Cancer Risk in Study
- Thinking, Memory Problems Tied to Blockages in Neck Artery
- More People Worldwide Eating 'Healthy' Fats, Study Finds
- Too Little Sleep May Add to Teen Health Problems
- Apathy Might Signal Brain Shrinkage in Old Age: Study
- Diabetes Complication Rates Drop Among U.S. Adults
- Scientists Find New Way to Observe 'Good' Brown Fat
- Tanzeum Approved for Type 2 Diabetes
- Obesity Linked to Increased Odds of Losing Baby, Study Finds
- Clues to Type 2 Diabetes Discovered on Mount Everest
- Nearly 10 Percent of U.S. Adults Now Have Diabetes: Study
- Study Links Coffee to Lower Liver Cancer Risk
- Obesity-Related Enzyme Targeted in Mouse Study
- A Failing Mind May Mean Lower Cancer Death Risk, Study Suggests
- Aspirin Advised for Women at High Risk for Pregnancy Complication
- Diabetes Tied to Higher Risk of Pancreatic Cancer in Study
- How You Digest Carbs May Influence Weight Gain, Study Says
- Exercise, Diet May Help 'Pre-Diabetics' Dodge Heart Disease Death
- Monkeys on Very-Low-Cal Diet Lived Longer, Healthier Lives
- Can Diet Soft Drinks Contribute to Heart Trouble in Women?
- More Evidence Weight-Loss Surgery Helps People With Diabetes
- Diabetes Treatment Falls Short as Heart Failure Drug in Study
- Depressed Diabetics May Face Higher Risk of Kidney Disease
- Marriage Does Help the Heart, Study Finds
- Weight-Loss Surgery Cuts Risk for Heart Attack, Death: Study
- 'Grazing' Appears No Better for Weight Loss Than Standard Meals
- Take Heart: Mediterranean Diet Combats Diabetes, Study Says
- Health Tip: Get Healthy Before Pregnancy
- Saturated Fats: Bad, Not So Bad?
- Diabetes in Middle Age May Cause Memory Problems Later
- Diabetes Linked With Lower Cancer Survival: Study
- Pregnancy-Related Diabetes Tied to Future Heart Risk
- Elderly Diabetes Patients on Insulin Most Vulnerable to Low-Blood-Sugar Trouble
- Are All Home-Based Blood Sugar Tests Equal?
- Some Helpful Hints When Monitoring Blood Sugar
- Study Sees No Evidence Linking Diabetes Drugs With Pancreatic Cancer
- Myalept Approved for Rare Fat Tissue Disorder
- Diabetes Boosts Stroke Risk for Women, But Not Men: Study
- Health Tip: Moisturize Your Diabetic Feet
- Obesity's Link to Type 2 Diabetes Not So Clear-Cut: Study
- FDA to Investigate Diabetes Drug Saxagliptin for Possible Heart Failure Risk
- Preemie Birth Linked to Higher Insulin Levels in Kids
- Is Technology Creating a World of Sickly Couch Potatoes?
- Scientists Spot 7 New Regions of DNA Tied to Type 2 Diabetes
- Experimental 'Implanted Insulin' Device Seeks to Control Blood Sugar Levels
- Scientists Generate Insulin-Producing Cells in Diabetic Mice
- Schizophrenia Linked to Pregnancy Complications, Study Suggests
- New Guidelines Aim to Lower Stroke Risk in Women
- Kidney Injury During Surgery Tied to Risk of Heart Problems
- Shivering, Like Exercise, May Help Boost Weight Loss
- Could Low-Fat Yogurt Help Ward Off Diabetes?
- Blood Sugar Monitoring System Approved for Children
- Groundbreaking Partnership Formed to Develop New Treatments
- Another Win for the Mediterranean-Style Diet
- Health Tip: If You've Been Diagnosed With Pre-Diabetes
- CVS Caremark to Stop Selling Tobacco Products
- Added Sugar in Diet Tied to Death Risk From Heart Trouble
- At-Home Stool Test for Colon Cancer Called Accurate, But Not Foolproof
- Controlling Blood Pressure, Cholesterol May Not Boost Brain Health for Diabetics
- Vitamin D Supplements: FAQ
- New Way to Create Embryonic Stem Cells Discovered
- Neanderthal DNA Influences Modern Humans: Study
- High Estrogen Levels Plus Diabetes May Boost Dementia Risk
- New 'Bioengineered Skin' Gets Closer to the Real Thing
- Another Arctic Blast Has Much of U.S. in Its Grip
- Hearing Loss Tied to Faster Brain Shrinkage With Age
- Smartphone Apps for Diabetes: Do They Really Work?
- Third Deep Freeze Sweeps Across Country
- Type 2 Diabetes Is Often a Family Affair
- Adults With Diabetes Need a Flu Shot: Experts
- Dealing With The Deep Freeze
- Scientists ID New Genes Linked to Belly Fat
- My Father's Keeper: Caring for a Parent With Dementia
- Vitamin D Supplements Don't Help Your Health: Review
- Vitamin D Levels Linked to Parkinson's Symptoms
- Could Turning Down the Thermostat Help You Lose Weight?
- Chocolate, Tea, Berries May Cut Diabetes Risk: Study
- Mediterranean Diet May Lower Risk of Clogged Leg Arteries
- Dissolving 'Scaffolds' Could Help Treat Leg Artery Disease
- U.S. Children's Hospitals Vary Widely In Tonsillectomy Care
- Sleep During the Day May Throw Genes Into Disarray
- As Weight Rises in People With Diabetes, So Does Death Risk: Study
- Experts Urge 'Seismic Shift' in Approach to Better U.S. Health Care
- U.S. Panel Urges Diabetes Screening for All Pregnant Women
- Women More Open to Weight-Loss Surgery
- Health Tip: Is Your Blood Sugar Low at Night?
- Whites More Likely to Undergo Weight-Loss Surgery: Study
- Farxiga Approved for Type 2 Diabetes
- Tight Blood Sugar Control Might Not Help All Critically Ill Kids
- Many Hispanic Women Unaware of Heart Disease Risk Factors
- Americans Living Longer Than Ever: CDC
- The Cold, Hard Truth About Surviving Bitter Winter Weather
- Mediterranean Diet Alone May Lower Diabetes Risk
- DASH Diet Ranked Best Overall -- Once Again
- Younger Adults Who've Had Shingles May Face Higher Stroke Risk
- Study: Kids With ADHD, Aggression May Benefit From 2nd Med
- H1N1 Flu Spreading in South-Central U.S.
- Keep the Holidays Merry for Kids With Diabetes
- Big Strides in Battle Against Pediatric AIDS
- Americans Still Eat Too Much Salt: CDC
- As Body Weight Rises, So Do Health Costs, Study Finds
- Many With Diabetes Don't Realize Disease Can Harm Vision
- Anxiety Tied to Stroke Risk in Study
- Study: Black Women Lose Less Weight Than White Women on Same Diet
- Walk More to Cut Heart Attack and Stroke Risk, Study Suggests
- Obesity Tied to Decline in Kidney Function
- New Blood Pressure Guidelines Raise the Bar for Taking Medications
- Dementia Risk Might Rise for Older Women With Heart Disease
- Review Finds Weight-Loss Surgery Safe and Effective
- Typical Gum Disease Treatments Won't Help Ease Diabetes, Study Finds
- Older Women May Spend Two-Thirds of Their Day Sitting
- Common Blood Pressure Meds May Cut Risk of Early Death in Kidney Patients: Study
- Diabetes Drug Metformin Tied to Slight Weight Loss in Obese Kids
- Health Tip: How Diabetes Affects Oral Health
- Bad Night's Sleep May Raise Blood Pressure in Kids
- Diabetes Drugs Affect Hearts of Men, Women Differently
- Light Exercise Might Reduce Risk of Kidney Stones
- Heartening Drop in Diabetes Complications Seen Among Seniors
- Type 2 Diabetes Might Raise Risk of Liver Cancer
- Poor People With Diabetes May Miss Out on Eye Care
- Health Tip: Traveling for the Holidays With Diabetes
- Some Diabetes Drugs May Affect Cancer Risk in Women: Study
- Many at Risk for Diabetes and Don't Know It, Study Finds
- FDA to Lift Restrictions on Diabetes Drug Avandia
- Want to Stay Young? Start Moving
- Sodas, Other Sweet Drinks Tied to Higher Risk for Endometrial Cancer
- Study of Severely Obese Family Leads to Gene Discovery
- Health Disparities Persist in America: Report
- Health Tip: Stay Fit in Your 30s
- How to Slash Heart Risks Tied to Obesity
- 'Healthy' Obesity May Still Carry Higher Health Risks
- Higher Spending on Poor Leg Circulation May Not Pay Off
- Eat Nuts, Live Longer?
- Vitamin D Deficiency Might Be Overdiagnosed in Blacks, Study Suggests
- Joblessness May Age You, Study Suggests
- Women More Likely to Die in Hospital After Heart Attack
- Could Elite Athletes Have Lower Risk for Diabetes?
- Some Doctors Challenge New Statin Guidelines
- Many People Ignore, Miss Calorie Counts on Fast-Food Menus: Survey
- Health Tip: Exercise Advice for Those With Diabetes
- New Study Paints Grim Health Picture for Obese Teens
- Testing for Pregnancy-Linked Diabetes Should Be Routine, Experts Say
- Study Finds Two Drugs Aren't Better Than One for Kidney Disease
- Could Weight-Loss Surgery Help Slow Aging for Some?
- Needle-Free 'Breathalyzer' for Daily Diabetes Testing Shows Promise
- New Cholesterol Drug Guidelines: Q&A
- Soaring Prices, Not Demand, Behind Massive Hike in U.S. Health Spending
- Heart Experts Warn Against 'Crash' Diets
- New Guidelines May Widen Use of Statins
- Many Would Give Private Info to Health Insurers to Save Money
- Study Ties Weight-Loss Surgery to Higher Risk of Preemie Birth
- More Evidence Ties Obesity to Disability in Older Women
- Urine Test May Spot Heart, Kidney Risk in Kids With Type 1 Diabetes
- Could Low 'Brown Fat' Levels Be Tied to Higher Diabetes Risk?
- Meat Products Could Raise Diabetes Risk: Study
- Sugary Soda Habit May Harm Kidneys, Study Suggests
- Signs of Early Kidney Damage Found in Some 9/11 Responders
- 10 Percent of U.S. Adults Physically Limited by Arthritis: CDC
- Metformin Won't Help Heart Patients Without Diabetes: Study
- Study Raises Questions About Testosterone Therapy
- Diabetes Greatly Raises Younger Women's Heart Risk: Study
- Sugary Drinks and Rheumatoid Arthritis Linked?
- Health Highlights: Oct. 31, 2013
- Epilepsy Often Hand-in-Hand With Other Health Problems: CDC
- New Drug May Someday Battle Obesity and Diabetes
- Gardening, Housework May Help Boost Your Heart Health
- Lyrica May Ease Pain for Depressed Fibromyalgia Patients
- Scientists Report Transplant Advance for Type 1 Diabetes
- Study Links Americans' Low Fiber Intake to Higher Heart Risk
- Moms With Lupus More Likely to Have Children With Autism, Study Suggests
- Gene Mutation Tied to Higher Obesity Risk in Kids
- Early Periods May Signal Greater Diabetes Risk, Study Suggests
- Study: Coffee Might Lower Risk of Liver Cancer
- Flu Season Off to Slow Start . . .
- Seniors With Serious Injuries Often Don't Receive Specialized Care
- Lower Blood Sugar Levels May Aid Memory, Study Suggests
- Weight-Loss Surgery Seems to Beat Diet and Exercise
- Don't Routinely Test for Kidney Disease in Those Without Symptoms: Experts
- Health Tip: Caring for Calluses
- California Teens Drinking More Sugary Drinks: Report
- Urinary Tract Infection Often Puts Older Men in Hospital
- One-Third of U.S. Adults Are Obese, CDC Says
- Cinnamon May Help Ease Common Cause of Infertility, Study Says
- Diabetes May Outrank Weight Measurement When It Comes to Weight-Loss Surgery
- Bypass May Beat Angioplasty for Diabetics With Heart Disease
- Crohn's and Colitis May Be Tied to Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- President Taft's Obesity Struggle Was a Harbinger of Things to Come
- Woman Battling Multiple Health Issues Refuses to Take 'No' From Her Insurer
- For Dialysis Patients, It Was a Honey of An Idea
- Even Minor Strokes May Take Years Off Life, Study Says
- People With Type 1 Diabetes May Still Have Insulin-Producing Cells
- Tom Hanks Has Type 2 Diabetes
- Health Tip: Understanding Gestational Diabetes
- High Blood Sugar May Raise Risk for Surgical Wound Problems: Study
- Poor Sleep Habits Linked With Chronic Diseases, Study Says
- Cancer Survivors in Rural Areas Often Skip Care Due to Costs: Study
- Stressful Middle Age Tied to Higher Alzheimer's Risk in Women
- Big Breakfast May Be Best for Diabetes Patients
- CDC Reports More Americans Getting Flu Shots
- Parenthood May Reduce Diabetes-Related Death Risk, Study Suggests
- New Robotic Leg Gets Closer to the Real Thing, Study Says
- Could Obesity Help Older People With Type 2 Diabetes?
- Gel May Offer Simple Treatment for Newborns With Low Blood Sugar
- Common Diabetes Drugs May Carry Risk, Study Suggests
- Study May Help Explain Delay of Heart Disease in Women
- It's Not Too Soon to Get Your Flu Shot, Doctor Says
- FDA Sets Rules for Smartphone Medical Apps
- Psoriasis Drug May Help Treat Type 1 Diabetes: Report
- Blood 'Marker' May Predict Diabetes Risk in Older Women
- Child's Chronic Illness Can Affect the Whole Family
- Weight-Loss Surgery Can Improve Long-Term Diabetes Control, Study Says
- Abnormal BMI Tips Scale Toward Pregnancy Complications, Study Says
- Advance Seen in Turning Adult Cells Into Stem Cells
- Vitamin B Supplements May Guard Against Stroke
- New Understanding of Racial Disparities and Diabetes
- Healthy Lifestyle May Reverse Cellular Aging, Study Suggests
- 7 Surprising Things About the Affordable Care Act
- Cancer Drug May Be Helpful for Diabetes, Mouse Study Hints
- U.S. Teens Begin to Slim Down, Study Suggests
- Even Younger Women With Diabetes May Face Higher Odds for Heart Disease
- 4 Factors Predict Diabetes Remission After Surgery: Study
- Two Studies Highlight Benefits of Electronic Health Records
- Financial Incentives for Docs May Improve Care
- Health Tip: Is a Medical Condition Affecting Your Weight?
- Chlamydia, Gonorrhea Tied to Higher Risk of Pregnancy Complications
- New Drug Shows Promise for Type 2 Diabetes
- New Diabetes Drug Seems Safe for Heart, Study Finds
- Toddlers Can Die From Swallowing Parents' Drug Detox Meds
- Urine Test May Show Risk of Mental Decline in People With Type 2 Diabetes
- Whole Fruits Tied to Lower Diabetes Risk
- In Type 2 Diabetes, Gut May 'Taste' Sugar Differently
- Mental and Substance Disorders Major Cause of Nonfatal Illnesses
- Study May Explain Why Some Obese People Don't Get Diabetes
- Gene May Raise Diabetics' Chances of Heart Disease
- 'Maintain, Don't Gain' May Work Best for Obese Black Women
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Chambers Aren't Cure-Alls, FDA Warns
- Antipsychotic Drugs May Triple Kids' Diabetes Risk, Study Suggests
- Family History of Diabetes Makes 'Prediabetes' More Likely, Study Finds
- Blood Protein Disparity May Help Explain Blacks' Increased Heart Risk
- Insulin Pumps Better Than Injections for Kids With Type 1 Diabetes: Study
- Simple Test May Spot Dementia Risk in Seniors With Diabetes
- Plastics Chemicals May Boost Kids' Risk for Obesity, Diabetes
- Mediterranean Diet May Help Thwart Type 2 Diabetes, Study Finds
- Link Between Obesity, Diabetes and Death Risk Is Complicated
- Depression in Diabetes Patients Linked to Dementia, Study Finds
- Certain Antibiotics Tied to Blood Sugar Swings in Diabetics
- Mediterranean Diet May Counter Genetic Risk of Stroke
- Diet Choices May Help Diabetics Stave Off Kidney Disease
- Psoriasis, Other Medical Conditions May Be Linked, Study Says
- High Blood Sugar Levels Tied to Small Increases in Dementia Risk
- Walking to Work Tied to Lower Diabetes Risk
- Could Dietary Tweaks Ease Type 1 Diabetes?
- Low Blood Sugar Levels May Pose Heart Risks for Diabetics, Review Suggests
- Diabetes Doesn't Seem to Affect Alzheimer's Disease Progression
- FDA Sends Warnings to Makers of Illegal Diabetes Treatments
- People With Diabetes May Face Higher Disability Risk
- Skipping Breakfast a Recipe for Heart Disease, Study Finds
- Weight Loss May Help Thwart Diabetes
- Diabetes-Linked Amputations Declining, Study Finds
- As Years Spent Obese Rise, So Do Heart Risks
- Scientists Create Blood Vessels in Mice Using Human Stem Cells
- Type 1 Diabetes Hope: Animal-to-Human Cell Transplants
- Bacteria Infection Risk May Be Higher for Pregnant Women With Diabetes
- Early Diabetes Signs Often Missed in Alzheimer's Patients
- Diabetes Drug May Protect the Brain
- Development of New Diabetes Drug Halted by Maker
- Could Artificial Sweeteners Cause Weight Gain?
- Solid Food Timing for Babies Tied to Diabetes Risk
- Most Statin Users Won't Have Major Side Effects
- Breast Milk Supply May Be Linked to Insulin Production: Study
- Quitting Smoking May Boost Diabetes Risk Slightly in Older Women
- Early Respiratory Infection May Double Type 1 Diabetes Risk: Study
- Pain Reliever Lowers Blood Sugar in Type 2 Diabetics, Study Says
- Medicare Savings Coming for Diabetic Supplies
- Can Hi-Tech Avatars Promote Real-Life Weight Loss?
- 7 out of 10 Americans Take a Prescription Drug: Study
- South Asian Men May Need More Exercise to Stay Healthy: Study
- Vaccine May Stop Immune Attack in Type 1 Diabetes, Study Suggests
- New Insulin Pump Cuts Odds of Overnight Hypoglycemia
- Diet-Exercise Combo Doesn't Cut Heart Risks in Type 2 Diabetes Patients
- Exercise Alone May Help Those With Type 2 Diabetes
- Depression, Antidepressants Tied to Heart Disease, Diabetes Risk in Older Women
- New Insulin Pump Cuts Odds of Overnight Hypoglycemia
- Could Catching Up on Sleep Lower Your Diabetes Risk?
- Blood Test Might Predict Type 1 Diabetes in Children, Study Finds
- A Deadly Form of Diabetes That Doctors Sometimes Miss
- Red Meat Linked to Increased Diabetes Risk
- Skipping Breakfast May Raise Diabetes Risk
- Short Strolls After Meals May Lower Diabetes Risk
- Annual Dental Cleaning May Be Enough for Some: Study
- Low Blood Sugar May Raise Dementia Risk in Diabetics: Study
- Even Mild Weight Loss May Lower Diabetes Risk in Obese Teens
- Stem Cell Therapy Cures Type 1 Diabetes in Mice
- Health Tip: At Risk for Trigger Finger?
- FDA Mulls Lifting Tight Safety Limits on Diabetes Drug Avandia
- Health Tip: Finding Fungal Infections
- More Kids Being Poisoned by Prescription Drugs: Study
- Health Tip: Help Kids With Diabetes Deal With Shots
- Women's Weight-Loss Surgery May Benefit Later Offspring
- Task Force: Screen for Gestational Diabetes After 24 Weeks of Pregnancy
- Health Tip: What's Behind Bad Breath?
- 'Nano' Medicine Might Someday Free Diabetics From Daily Needles
- Type 2 Diabetes Progresses Faster in Kids, Study Finds
- Could Statins Raise Diabetes Risk?
- Fish Oil Pills Might Cut Diabetes Risk, Researchers Say
- Depression May Raise Low Blood Sugar Risk in Diabetics
- Living Near Fast-Food Outlets Might Boost Obesity Risk
- Most Americans Should Eat Less Salt: Report
- Metformin Won't Aid Breast Cancer Survival in Diabetics
- Erectile Dysfunction Tied to Long-Term Narcotic Use in Men
- How Weight-Loss Surgery Improves Diabetes Control
- Younger Men Biggest Consumers of Added Sugars: CDC
- Men Who Are Obese While Young Can Pay a Price Later
- 12 Ounces of Sugary Soda a Day Raises Diabetes Risk: Study
- Hormone Shows Potential as Diabetes Treatment in Mice
- Diabetes Self-Care Improves Slowly, U.S. Report Finds
- Health Tip: Some Fats Are Healthier
- Some Slightly Obese May Gain From Weight-Loss Surgery, Guidelines Say
- Heart Scarring May Be More Dangerous Than Thought, Study Suggests
- Health Highlights: April 15, 2013
- Belly Fat May Be Tied to Kidney Damage
- New Diabetes Drug Expected This Week
- Could Coffee Bean Extract Help Control Blood Sugar?
- Mercury Exposure Linked to Raised Diabetes Risk
- Balding Men Could Face Higher Heart Risks, Study Finds
- Study Suggests Link Between Hormone Melatonin and Type 2 Diabetes
- Many U.S. Teens Have Poor Health Habits
- FDA Approves 1st in New Class of Type 2 Diabetes Drugs
- Shopping Around Brings Steep Prescription Drug Savings, Report Finds
- Health Tip: Dieticians Can Help Diabetics
- Poor 'Health Literacy' Keeps Patients From Taking Meds
- Health Tip: Prevent Low Blood Sugar
- Millions on Verge of Diabetes Don't Know It: CDC
- Sugary Drinks Tied to 25,000 U.S. Deaths a Year
- Niacin Won't Help, May Harm Heart Patients: Study
- Certain Diabetes Medications May Lower Heart Failure Risk
- Drug May Ease Angina in People With Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost of Diabetes Care in U.S. Keeps Climbing
- Salty Diet Might Help Trigger MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Mini-Organ Would Mimic Pancreas to Treat Type 1 Diabetes
- Eating Out Can Hurt Heart Health, Expert Warns
- Diabetes Doesn't Seem to Raise Risks After Knee Replacement
- Artificial Pancreas Worked Overnight on Kids With Type 1 Diabetes
- Countries With More Sugar in Food Supply Have More Diabetes
- Too Much Sitting Could Court Diabetes, Study Finds
- Newest Diabetes Drugs Linked to Higher Pancreatitis Risk
- Too Much Sitting Linked to Chronic Health Problems
- 1 in 8 Americans Diagnosed With Type 2 Diabetes: Poll
- FDA Should Work to Cut Sugar Levels in Sodas, Experts Say
- Lucky Dogs Get Shot at Diabetes Cure
- First-Born May Be at Greater Risk for Diabetes, Hypertension
- Type 1 Diabetes Up 70 Percent in Kids, Study Finds
- Diabetes Drug May Offer 'Modest' Weight Loss for Very Obese Teens: Study
- Three New Drugs Approved for Type 2 Diabetes
- Obese Women With Diabetes May Need Different Workouts Than Men
- First-Ever Guidelines for Children With Diabetes
- For Diabetes: BP, Cholesterol Key v. Heart Disease
- Preventing Kidney Disease May Cut Diabetes Deaths, Study Says
- Buy Breast Pumps With Caution, FDA Says
- Obese Kids May Face Immediate Health Woes, Study Finds
- Childhood Vaccine Schedule Is Safe, Report Says
- Health Tip: Get Regular Care to Manage Diabetes
- Cardiac Deaths May Lead to Shortage of Donor Livers
- Health Tip: Should I Be Screened for Prediabetes?
- For Texas Man, Bariatric Surgery Led to Diabetes-Free Life
- Weight-Loss Surgery Is New Diabetes Foe
- Doctor-Patient Communication Key to Sticking With Meds
- Survival of 'Obamacare' Tops List of Biggest Health News in 2012
- New Diabetes Guidelines May Lower Patient Medical Bills
- Overweight? You Can Scale Back Weight Gain in Pregnancy
- Intensive Lifestyle Changes Keep Type 2 Diabetes at Bay
- U.S. Lifestyles Thwarting Heart Health Progress: Report
- Saving Carbs for Dinnertime Might Help Control Weight
- Study Examines Link Between Breast Cancer and Diabetes
- Primary Care Doctors Meet Needs of Diabetics, Study Says
- Junk Food Taxes Pay Off, Study Finds
- Mothers' Pre-Pregnancy Weight Tied to Kids' IQ, Study Says
- Vision Problems Rising Rapidly in the U.S.
- Brown Fat Transplants May Spur Weight Loss
- Can Teens' Lack of Sleep Lead to Diabetes?
- Sleep Apnea Tied to More Brain Damage in Women Than Men
- Health Tip: Manage Diabetes During Pregnancy
- Plastics Chemical BPA Found in Fetal Livers
- Mouse Study Offers Clues to Obesity-Diabetes Link
- Study: Treating Sleep Disorder May Thwart Heart Disease
- Health Tip: Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes
- Healthy Diet Helps Damaged Hearts
- Breath Test May Detect Colon Cancer
- Severe Gum Disease May Be Linked to Impotence
- Mental Illness Affects 1 in 5 U.S. Adults, Survey Finds
- What Do Eye Movement Differences in Men and Women Mean?
- Diabetes Drug Metformin May Fight Cancer
- Cholesterol Drug Boosts Wound Healing in Diabetic Mice: Study
- Kidney Disease More Severe in Blacks Than Others: Study
- Sleep Trumps All-Night Cramming for College Exams
- Even Women Who Exercise Sit Too Much
- Supplements of Red Wine Antioxidant Don't Help Obese Men
- New Treatment Aids Weight Loss, Improves Diabetes in Monkeys
- Latest West Nile Tally: 5,245 Cases, 236 Deaths
- Aspirin May Reduce Risk of Liver Cancer, Death From Liver Disease
- Heart Failure Drugs Put to the Test
- High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy Tied to Later Heart Trouble
- Health Tip: Taking Medication to Manage Diabetes
- Deep Belly Fat Could Weaken Men's Bones, Study Suggests
- Long-Term Use of Some Antipsychotics Not Warranted in Older Adults: Study
- Study Links High-Fructose Corn Syrup to Diabetes
- Healthy Neurotic? Being Conscientious May Help
- 'E-Medicine' May Not Be Cost Saver After All, Study Says
- Airport Security X-Rays May Damage Diabetes Devices
- Study Supports Link Between Obesity, Cavities in Homeless Kids
- Unemployment Takes Toll on the Heart
- Nanoparticles Show Potential for Treating MS
- Diabetes Prevention: Start Small, Experts Say
- Hearing Loss Tied to Diabetes in Study
- Nearly Every State Seeing Large Surge in Diabetes
- Schizophrenia Patients Who Take Antipsychotics Live Longer, Study Says
- World Diabetes Day Designed to Raise Awareness
- Migraines' Brain Changes Not Linked to Mental Harm
- Too Much Sitting Linked to Fat Buildup Around the Heart
- DNA 'Telomere' Length Tied to Aging, Death Risk
- Heart Failure Patients May Be at Higher Risk for Cancer: Study
- New Diabetes Drugs Have Different Advantages, Study Says
- Guidelines Issued to Resolve Temporary Facial Paralysis
- CDC: West Nile Toll Now 5,054 Cases, 228 Deaths
- Health Tip: Shoes Too Tight?
- Black Tea Linked to Lower Diabetes Risk
- High Blood Pressure Often Missed in Young Adults: Study
- Losing Weight May Improve Sleep Quality
- Popular Diabetes Meds Put to the Test
- Pregnancy Hormone Shows Promise as Heart Failure Drug
- What to Do Now to Lower Heart Disease Risk Later
- U.S. Adults Face Substantial Heart Disease Risk: Study
- Bypass Beats Stents for Diabetic Heart Patients: Study
- Many U.S. Hispanics Have Heart Disease Risk Factors
- For Kids, Eating Out = More Calories
- Gene Linked to Alzheimer's May Lose Power With Age
- Insomnia May Raise Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Health Tip: Keep Your Kidneys Healthy
- Fewer U.S. Kids Dying of Diabetes: CDC
- With Diabetes, Boosting Exercise Should Be Done Safely
- Food Allergies Can Make Kids Targets for Bullies
- Power Slowly Returns to Much of Northeast After Sandy
- Physical Activity Boosts Brain Health
- Health Tip: Exercising With Diabetes
- Sandy's Death Toll Rises, Even as East Coast Struggles Back to Life
- Sandy's Wrath Brings Massive Blackouts, Flooding Across Northeast
- Adult Kidney Failure Tied to Excess Weight as Teen
- Flu Vaccines May Protect the Heart Too
- Health Tip: Monitor Your Blood Glucose
- Foot Ulcers Tied to Increased Death Risk for People With Diabetes
- Obese Boys, Impotent Men?
- Study IDs 4 Key Habits of Successful Aging
- West Nile Cases Pass 4,700 Mark Nationwide: CDC
- Red Wine Compound May Not Help Healthy Women
- Millions May Be Taking Vitamin D Unnecessarily, Analysis Suggests
- Smoking, Diabetes Are Risk Factors for Poor Leg Circulation: Study
- Health Tip: Learn About the A1C Test
- Heart Disease Risk Factors Also Tied to Death From Prostate Cancer
- More Americans Have High Blood Pressure Under Control: Survey
- 10-Minute 'Tension Tamer' at Bedtime May Help You Sleep: Study
- Exercise Protects Aging Brains Better
- Bring on the Bean Diet for Health?
- Exercise May Delay Early Aging of People With Diabetes
- A Parent's Grief Highlights Flu Shot's Importance
- Diet/Exercise Combo Best, 'Biggest Loser' Study Says
- Electronic Records Do Aid Patient Care, Study Finds
- Health Tip: Encourage Your Family to Exercise
- West Nile Cases Pass 4,500 Mark Nationwide: CDC
- Menopause Won't Spur Weight Gain, But May Boost Belly Fat: Review
- Cholesterol Levels Down Among U.S. Adults
- Sleepless Nights Might Raise Odds for Diabetes
- Epilepsy Drug Shows Promise as Weight-Loss Aid, Study Says
- 'Meatless Monday' May Mean More Fruits, Veggies
- Sitting Can Harm Health, Even for Those Who Exercise
- Diet, Exercise May Boost 'Good' Cholesterol, Study Suggests
- Zinc Harder to Absorb in Old Age, Animal Study Shows
- West Nile Cases Continue to Climb, CDC Says
- Strokes Striking Younger People
- Death Rates Drop for 5 Top Causes of Death
- New Clue to Predict Diseases in Women?
- Fast Walking May Slash at Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Health Tip: All Fats Aren't Bad
- New MRI Might Help Spot Heart Disease Early: Study
- Health Highlights: Oct. 3, 2012
- Stem Cell Transplant May Spur Heart Disease Risk: Study
- West Nile Cases Continue to Climb, CDC Says
- Diabetes Screening May Not Lower Overall Death Rates
- Diabetes Patients Should Have More Voice in Treatment: Experts
- Statins Tied to Reduced Glaucoma Risk
- Gout Management Is Focus of New Guidelines
- Moderate Drinking May Increase Risk of Heart Rhythm Disorder: Study
- Melatonin May Improve Sleep for People on Blood-Pressure Meds
- Heart Disease Deaths in Europe Dropping: Report
- Flu Season's Approaching So Roll Up Your Sleeve
- Insomnia, Anxiety Drugs May Raise Dementia Risk
- Changes in Intestinal Bacteria Linked to Type 2 Diabetes
- New Symptoms Tied to Death Risk in Severe Kidney Disease
- Genes May Influence Impotence After Prostate Radiation
- Child Obesity Risks May Be Greater Than Thought
- Women Born Preterm May Face Pregnancy Risks
- Poor Sleep May Make High Blood Pressure Worse
- Where You Live May Boost Your Sense of Well-Being
- West Nile Cases Still Rising; Death Toll Now at 134, CDC Says
- Childhood Trauma Linked to Later Stroke Risk
- Belly Fat Adds to Diabetes Risk in Obese Adults, Study Finds
- Aerobic Exercise Cuts Kids' Diabetes Risk: Study
- More U.S. Kids Prescribed Off-Label Antipsychotics: Study
- Obesity Surgery Seems to Reduce Heart Risks, Study Says
- Heart Deaths Rise With Extreme Temperatures, Study Finds
- Weight Loss Pill Qsymia Now for Sale
- Shingles Not Linked to Increased Cancer Risk, Study States
- Diets High in Fructose May Harm Liver in Some, Scientists Warn
- Comparison of Obesity Surgeries Turns Up Surprising Results
- Avoiding Alcohol May Cut Risk for Esophageal Cancer
- By 2030, Obesity Rates Could Top 60% in 13 States
- Food-Assistance Program Sees $2 Billion Spent on Sweet Drinks: Study
- Vitamin D in Pregnancy Critical for Brain Development, Study Says
- NYC OKs Ban on Big Sugary Drinks
- Chronic Pain May Cost U.S. $635 Billion a Year
- Some Minor Strokes Lead to Disability
- Docs' Sensitivity to Patients' Feelings Tied to Good Outcomes
- Drug Used to Prevent Prostate Cancer Won't Lower Quality of Life
- Scientists ID Gene for Insulin Sensitivity
- Hispanics May Face Higher Risk for Type 2 Diabetes: Study
- NYC 'Soda Ban' Decision Expected Thursday
- More Pregnant Women on Blood Pressure Drugs: Study
- Common Painkillers May Be Risky After Heart Attack
- Genetics Breakthrough Changes Thinking About DNA
- Non-Alcoholic Red Wine May Boost Heart Health
- Vitamin D Supplements Won't Help Cholesterol Levels: Study
- Many Heart Attacks May Go Unrecognized in Seniors
- Household Chemical PFOA Linked to Heart Disease
- Can Childhood Obesity Hinder the Brain?
- More Benefits of Breast Milk Revealed
- Health Tip: Diabetes Often Triggers Foot Problems
- In Diabetes, Any Protein in Urine May Signal Heart Risk
- Only Children More Likely to Be Overweight
- Low-Cal Diets Kept Monkeys Healthier, But Didn't Lengthen Lives
- Adding Plavix to Aspirin Doesn't Help Guard Against Second Stroke: Study
- Brain Bleeds More Common in Smokers, Research Shows
- Psoriasis Linked to Diabetes
- Belly Fat May Hit Your Heart the Hardest
- Health Tip: On the Go With Diabetes
- Confusion Over Diabetes Types Adds to Patients' Woes
- Midlife Fitness May Mean Healthier Old Age, Study Finds
- Not Enough Data to Support Kidney Disease Screening, Task Force Says
- Keys to Weight Loss After Menopause
- Statin Use Tied to Possible Boost in Cataract Risk
- Gallstones in Kids, Teens Linked to Obesity
- Radiation for Childhood Cancer Might Raise Diabetes Risk
- Weight Loss Surgery Prevents Diabetes
- Obesity Biggest Risk Factor for Diabetes Among Poor: Study
- Obesity in Middle Age Tied to More Rapid Mental Decline: Study
- Gout Linked to Low Levels of Lead
- Some Psoriasis Therapies May Cut Heart Attack Risk
- FDA OKs Generic Actos for Type 2 Diabetes
- Egg Yolks Almost as Bad for Arteries as Smoking: Study
- Higher BPA Levels, More Heart Disease?
- Pain Reported by Nearly Half With Type 2 Diabetes
- Excess Weight, Diabetes Raise Risk of Big Babies
- Scientists ID New Gene Regions Linked to Type 2 Diabetes
- Babies of Heavy Moms Grow Slower: Study
- FDA Gives Nod to First Drug for Diabetic Eye Disease
- Statin Diabetes Risk Limited to Those at High Risk
- Can TB Vaccine Stop Type 1 Diabetes?
- Genetic Research Sheds Light on Jewish Diaspora
- Normal-Weight People With Type 2 Diabetes Have Higher Death Risk: Study
- Cholesterol Levels Getting Better for U.S. Kids: CDC
- Health Tip: Diabetes Isn't a Ticket to Inactivity
- More Evidence That Exercise Helps Fight Diabetes
- More Kids Taking Antipsychotics for ADHD: Study
- Pregnant Mothers' Gut Changes May Support Fetal Growth
- Modest Weight Loss Can Reap Prolonged Health Benefits
- Many Americans in Denial Over Weight Gain: Study
- CDC: Military Veterans Report Poorer Health
- More Americans Have at Least 2 Chronic Health Issues: CDC
- Curry Compound May Lower Diabetes Risk
- Task Force Updates EKG Recommendations
- Weight Control Can Cut Women's Diabetes Risk, Study Shows
- Sex Life of Diabetic Women May Suffer
- Fish Oil Doesn't Lower Heart Risk in Diabetics
- NYC Ban on Super-Sized Sodas Would Cut Consumers' Calories: Study
- Antioxidants Might Help Cut Pancreatic Cancer Risk, Study Suggests
- Obese Kids May Be at Higher Risk for Heart Disease
- Childhood Abuse Linked to Diabetes, Heart Disease in Middle-Aged Women
- Genes Influence Whether Psych Drugs Lead to Weight Gain
- Many Medicaid Patients Skip Drugs That Could Prevent Heart Trouble
- Health Tip: Is My Blood Glucose Too Low?
- The Health Benefits, and Risks, of Alcohol
- Alcohol Poses Serious Risks for Those With Diabetes
- Simple Measures May Curb Excessive Weight Gain in Pregnancy
- Mom's Pot Use Doubles Risk of 'Preemie' Birth: Study
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Low Blood Sugar
- Physical Inactivity May Be as Deadly as Smoking
- Big Babies May Boost Mom's Breast Cancer Risk
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Not Cut Medical Costs: Study
- Get This Much Sleep for a Sharp Memory
- Study Ties Chemicals in Beauty Products to Women's Diabetes Risk
- Doping With Muscle-Building Drugs: FAQ
- Food Journal: Write It Down, Shed More Pounds
- Sitting Too Much May Shave Years Off of Our Lives
- New Devices Improve Diabetes Control
- Sugar Substitutes Can Lead to Weight Loss
- U.S. Schools Throwing the Book at Unhealthy Drinks
- Another Study Links Diabetes Drug Actos to Bladder Cancer
- Poor Sleep Affects Immune System Much Like Physical Stress
- Antipsychotic Drugs Linked to Higher Odds for Diabetes in Pregnancy
- Medicare Coverage Gap May Cause Seniors to Forgo Antidepressants
- Half of Heart Patients Make Medication Errors
- Hot Flashes Don't Signal Poor Heart Health for Most Women: Study
- Smallest, Largest Fetuses at Higher Risk of Stillbirth
- 40 Million Americans Addicted to Cigarettes, Alcohol or Drugs
- Health Tip: Is Your Pregnancy Higher Risk?
- Teens' Peer Problems May Affect Health Later
- Exercise Program Boosts Health After Lung Transplant: Study
- Pictures of Fatty, Sugary Foods May Spur Cravings
- Weight Loss May Increase Testosterone Levels
- Newer 'Second-Line' Diabetes Drug May Outperform Older Meds
- FDA Approves Diet Pill Belviq
- 'Atkins'-Type Diets May Raise Risk of Heart Problems: Study
- Coffee in Moderation May Lower Heart Failure Risk
- 'Dessert' With Breakfast Boosts Weight Loss: Study
- Simple Lifestyle May Limit Exposure to Chemicals
- Task Force to Doctors: Obesity Screening for All
- Statins May Work Better in Men Than in Women
- Low Vitamin D Linked to Weight Gain in Older Women
- Diabetes Can Make a Comeback After Weight-Loss Surgery: Study
- Metformin Outperforms Common Class of Diabetes Drugs in Study
- Secondhand Smoke Linked to Raised Diabetes Risk
- Some Diabetics May Not Benefit From Daily Aspirin
- Bariatric Surgery May Help Diabetic Kidney Disease
- Bariatric Surgery Cuts Heart Attack Risk for Years
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Improve Diabetes-Related Kidney Damage
- Race Might Play Role in Success of Weight-Loss Surgery
- Weight-Loss Surgery Cuts Heart Risk 7 Years Later: Study
- Eye Diseases Rising at Rapid Rates in U.S.
- Low Vitamin B6 Linked to Inflammation
- Sleep Apnea May Be Linked to Nerve Damage in Diabetics
- Diabetes May Hasten Mental Decline
- Kidney Disease May Be as Harmful to Heart as Heart Attack: Study
- Health of Americans a Mixed Bag: CDC Report
- Loneliness Linked to Death, Disability
- Kids With Autism Face Health Care Disparities, Study Finds
- Liposuction: Why You Still Have to Work Out After It
- Liposuction Might Have 'Boomerang' Effect
- Fruit May Help Prevent Diabetic Retinopathy
- Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes Rising Among U.S. Kids and Teens
- Eat Breakfast, Cut Diabetes and Obesity Risk
- Sleep Apnea May Spur Carb Cravings in Diabetics
- Diabetes Drug Metformin May Cut Breast Cancer Risk in Older Women
- Fish Oil Won't Save Diabetics' Hearts, Research Suggests
- Diabetes Drugs Avandia, Actos Linked to Vision Woes
- No Cancer Risk From Long-Acting Insulin: Studies
- Early Menopause May Raise Risk for Brain Aneurysm
- Study: Statins May Be Linked to Fatigue
- Experimental Stem Cell Treatment Tested for Type 1 Diabetes
- Treating Prediabetes Might Prevent Full-Blown Disease
- Many People With Type 1 Diabetes Missing Treatment Goals: Study
- Diabetes Rising Rapidly Among U.S. Kids
- More Progress Made on Artificial Pancreas for Diabetes Patients
- Obesity, Diabetes May Raise Complications After Joint Replacement
- Docs Aren't Coaching Overweight Kids on How to Slim Down: Study
- Prediabetes Linked to Higher Stroke Risk in Study
- Exercise Appears to Ease Nerve-Damage Pain in Rat Study
- Low-Fiber Diet May Raise Teens' Risk for Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Daily Low-Dose Aspirin Risks Seem to Outweigh Gains for Many: Study
- Waist Size Alone May Predict Diabetes Risk
- Racial Gap in Life Expectancy Shrinking
- Runners May Live Longer
- More Vitamin D Might Help Older People Stay Active
- Immune System Glitch Linked to Greater Risk of Death
- Atkins-Type Diets Look Kidney-Friendly: Study
- Diabetes Drug Actos Again Linked to Bladder Cancer
- Will Dark Chocolate a Day Keep the Doctor Away?
- High Blood Sugar May Make Pneumonia Deadlier
- Personalized Blood Pressure Therapy May Help Diabetics
- Obesity May Raise Odds for Painful Leg Condition
- Could Bloodletting Ease Heart Risks for the Obese?
- Feeling Lackadaisical? Sleep Apnea May Be to Blame
- Tight Blood-Sugar Control Shows Mixed Results for Health of Kidneys: Study
- Efficient Disease Risk Prediction a Long Way Off, Experts Say
- Overweight Moms More Apt to Have Large Babies, Study Says
- Cell Transplant Tested as Treatment for Nerve Pain in Mice
- Study Spots Early Warning Signal for Sudden Cardiac Death
- Flesh-Eating Bacteria No Cause for Panic, Experts Say
- U.S. Liver Transplants Declining
- People With Diabetes May Need Earlier Colon Screen
- Death Rate Dropping for People With Diabetes
- Moveable Magnets Used to Forge Gastric Bypass in Pigs
- Diabetes Can Take a Toll on Your Emotions
- Healthy Dieting in Pregnancy May Be Helpful
- 'Bad' Fat May Hurt Brain Function Over Time
- 'Fish Pedicure' a Recipe for Bacterial Infection, Researchers Warn
- Benefits of Widespread Statin Use Outweigh Risks: Study
- Coffee May Be Part of the Recipe for a Longer Life
- U.S. Task Force Issues Blood Pressure Guidelines
- Beijing's Olympic Smog Shows Pollution's Effect on Health
- Palpitations May Signal Future Heart Rhythm Problem
- Eye Changes May Predict Heart Disease in Blacks With Diabetes
- Oxygen Therapy Slows Type 1 Diabetes in Mice, Study Says
- A Better Way to Assess Body Fat and Health Risk?
- Bypass Beats Angioplasty for People With Diabetes
- Black Africans Less Apt to Develop Heart Rhythm Disorder Than Whites
- Fitness in Middle Age Lowers Medical Costs Later: Study
- Angioplasty May Be Risky for Those With Poor Leg Circulation
- Pot Belly Boosts Risk of Sudden Cardiac Death: Study
- Statins May Help Prevent Irregular Heartbeat in Elderly
- Pregnancy After 40: Healthy Weight Improves Risk
- IUD Use Tied to Modest Weight Loss
- Exercise May Boost Survival in Breast, Colon Cancer Patients
- Can Testosterone Therapy Help Obese Men Lose Weight?
- New Weight Loss Plan for U.S. Obesity Crisis
- Could Eating Fast Increase Diabetes Risk?
- Longer Commutes Can Put Us on Road to Poor Health
- Eye Color Linked to Skin Diseases
- Fat Future: 42% of Americans May Be Obese by 2030
- Screening for Other Health Problems May Aid COPD Survival
- U.S. Ranks 131st in Preterm Births
- Better Ways Needed to Track Drug Safety: Report
- How That Glass of Red Wine Might Help You Live Longer
- Routine Kidney Disease Screening Not Worthwhile, Experts Say
- Type 2 Diabetes in Kids a Challenge to Control
- FDA Approves New Erectile Dysfunction Drug Stendra
- Being Bullied Tied to Anxiety, Depression in Special-Needs Kids
- Two-Drug Therapy Helped Kids With Type 2 Diabetes
- Mothers' Stress Could Cause Iron Deficiency in Newborns
- Health Tip: What Constitutes 'Healthy Eating?'
- 30% of Workers Get Far Too Little Sleep
- Berries May Slow Memory Loss
- Nation's Air Improving, Even in L.A.
- Men More Prone to Complications After Brain, Spine Surgery
- Consumer Group to FDA: Take Victoza off the Market
- Diabetes Groups Issue New Guidelines on Blood Sugar
- Overweight Pregnant Women at Higher Risk for Complications
- More Smog Might Mean More Hospitalizations
- Weight-Loss Surgery Beat Drugs for Cutting Diabetes in Very Obese
- Role of Screening, Monitoring in Early Kidney Disease Unclear
- Mouse Study Hints at New Path for Diabetes Treatment
- Obesity's Health Costs Double Earlier Estimates
- Phthalates May Double Diabetes Risk
- Health Tip: Consider These Diabetes 'Superfoods'
- Shift Work May Set Stage for Obesity and Diabetes
- High Blood Pressure May Be Especially Lethal for Blacks
- Obese Dieters Share Success Strategies
- Planning Pregnancy May Cut Birth Defects
- Mom's Health While Pregnant Linked to Autism Risk
- Women on Dialysis May Experience Sexual Problems: Survey
- Antibiotics Linked to Retinal Detachment Risk
- Half of Cancer Survivors Die From Other Conditions
- Diabetes Drug Metformin Might Also Help Fight Cancer
- Heavier Baby Girls at Higher Risk for Diabetes, Heart Woes as Adults
- Obesity Rates Rise Among Mexican-Americans: Report
- Health Tip: Diabetics, Avoid Too Much Salt
- Health Tip: Why Am I Constipated?
- Have Diabetes? Lifestyle Changes May Help Mobility
- Weight Loss Surgery Puts Diabetes Into Remission
- Treating Gum Disease May Help Diabetics Avoid Complications
- Both Too Little and Too Much Sleep Bad for the Heart: Study
- FDA Mulls Expanding Patients' Access to Certain Drugs
- U.S. Underestimates Long-Term Costs of Obesity, Experts Say
- Health Tip: Choose Diabetes-Friendly Meals
- Fatty Meals Could Trigger Inflammation for Diabetics
- New Type 2 Diabetes Drug Helps Lower Blood Sugar: Study
- White Rice Linked to Diabetes Risk
- Type of Bacteria May Be Linked to Diabetes
- Health Highlights: March 12, 2012
- Can Less Red Meat Add up to a Longer Life?
- Health Highlights: March 9, 2012
- Health Highlights: March 8, 2012
- Experimental Drug Shows Promise Against Cushing's Disease
- Health Tip: Diabetics, Take Care of Your Feet
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Birth Defects
- Poor Sleep May Impact Stress Response in Older Adults
- High Heels Can Bring on Ingrown Toenails
- Health Tip: Coping With Diabetes
- Smoking Linked to Higher Rate of Psoriasis: Study
- 'Parent Training' May Help Kids With Autism Behave Better
- Prescription Meds Can Put on Unwanted Pounds
- Statin Risks Outweighed by Statin Benefits
- Stroke Risk Triples After a Decade With Diabetes
- Trans Fats May Raise Stroke Risk in Older Women
- Health Tip: Help Prevent Eye Problems
- Most Americans Don't Need Extra Selenium
- New Warnings on Cholesterol-Lowering Statins
- Poor Lung Function Linked to Heart Failure in Study
- Health Tip: Are You at Greater Risk for Pneumonia?
- Irregular Heart Rhythm Linked to Mental Problems
- Prediabetes Not to Blame for Nerve Damage: Study
- Experimental Drug Shows Promise Against Type 2 Diabetes
- More Kidney Dialysis Is Better, Research Finds
- Health Tip: Seniors Need Exercise, Too
- Health Tip: Is Your Blood Pressure Too Low?
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Weight Loss Pill Qnexa
- Medtronic Stent Approved to Treat Coronary Artery Disease
- Type 1 Diabetes May Develop More Slowly Than Thought
- Kidney Damage Greatly Raises Diabetics' Risk for Death
- Exercise in Pregnancy Safe for Baby, Study Finds
- Heart Attacks in Women: Different Symptoms, Different Outcomes
- Korlym Approved for Cushing's Syndrome
- Pregnancy Complications May Predict Heart Trouble Later
- Treatment Advances Improve the Odds for Heart Failure Patients
- Millions of Women Are Unaware They Have Arterial Disease
- Health Highlights: Feb. 14, 2012
- Even a Little Air Pollution Raises Heart Attack Risk
- Wider Waistlines Linked to Memory Problems in HIV Patients
- Mediterranean Diet May Protect Brain
- Whitney Houston's Death Raises Addiction Questions
- When Mom Has Pregnancy Diabetes, Breast-Feeding Curbs Child Obesity
- Health Tip: If You're Diabetic and Pregnant
- Overeating May Raise Risk for Memory Problems
- 4 New Genes Linked to Type 2 Diabetes
- Fear of Lawsuits Influences Care From Most Orthopedic Surgeons: Survey
- Short Breaks During Exercise OK for Diabetes Control: Study
- Big Drop in Americans' Blood Levels of Trans Fats, CDC Says
- Fasting Plus Chemo May Help in Cancer Fight: Study
- Generic Drugs Easing Out-of-Pocket Medical Costs in U.S.
- Screening Moms-to-Be for Thyroid Trouble May Not Help Offspring
- CDC: Doctors Increasingly Prescribe Exercise
- Some Men May Inherit a Higher Risk of Heart Disease From Dad
- Health Highlights: Feb. 7, 2012
- Quitting Smoking May Halve Risk of Oral Health Problems
- New Antibiotic for Bladder Infection Disappoints in Trial
- Health Tip: Before You Start an Exercise Program
- Bread and Other Common Foods Top List of Sodium Culprits
- Pancreas May 'Taste' Fructose, Hinting at Links to Diabetes
- Metformin Preferred Drug for Type 2 Diabetes, Experts Say
- Even for the Overweight, Exercise Helps the Heart
- Hard-Boiled Egg Recall Hits 34 States
- Epidural Plus Fever in Mom May Raise Risks for Baby
- Diabetes Takes Toll on Women's Hearing: Study
- Scientists May Be Closer to Developing 'Red Wine' Drug
- New Heart Failure Risks: Fractures and Memory Problems
- 1 in 2 Stroke Survivors Has High Blood Pressure
- Many Hispanics Don't Call an Ambulance For Stroke: Study
- Type 1 Diabetes Treatment Disappoints in Trial
- In Dollars Alone, Cost of U.S. Child Abuse High
- Americans Sweet on Sugar: Time to Regulate?
- Popular Diabetes Drug Might Cut Pancreatic Cancer Risk: Study
- Fatty Diet Before Pregnancy Linked to Gestational Diabetes
- Gene Study Sheds Light on Body Clock's Link to Diabetes
- Statins Equally Effective in Women and Men
- Pediatricians' Group Urges More Input From Parents
- Does Obesity Cause Pain?
- Too Much Fructose Sweetener Tied to Heart Risks in Teens
- Weekly Shot Gets FDA Nod for Type 2 Diabetes
- Study Finds No Link Between HPV Vaccine and Autoimmune Disorders
- Many Docs Use Costly MRIs to Diagnose Nerve Condition: Study
- Lifestyle Counseling Helps Diabetes Patients Control Blood Sugar
- Optimal Heart Health Starts Early: Study
- Mild Memory Problems May Be More Common in Men
- Risk for Heart Attack, Stroke May Be Underestimated
- CDC: Big Drop in Diabetes Amputations
- Hip Fracture Patients Often Have Other Health Problems
- Study Shows How Stress Triggers Immune System
- Fiber May Not Prevent Diverticular Disease
- U.S. Work-Related Injuries, Illnesses Take Toll on the Till
- Even Mild Dehydration May Cause Emotional, Physical Problems
- Magnesium-Rich Foods May Lower Stroke Risk
- Can Coffee Really Thwart Type 2 Diabetes?
- Health Tip: Store Insulin Properly
- Treating Diabetes, Depression Together May Make Sense
- Insomnia Can Be Dangerous, But There's Rest for the Weary
- Health Highlights: Jan. 17, 2012
- Americans Aren't Getting Any Skinnier
- High-Normal Blood Pressure Raises Heart Risks in Men
- Weight Loss: Is Bypass Better than Banding?
- U.S. Diabetes Prevention Program Might Avert 885,000 Cases
- At More U.S. Workplaces, Smokers Need Not Apply
- Certain Antidepressants May Raise Lung Risk in Newborns
- Even When Silent, Irregular Heartbeat Linked to Stroke Risk
- Herbal Medicines for Arthritis Not Backed by Evidence
- Asian-Americans More Apt to Die in Hospital After Heart Attacks
- Diabetes Medications May Double as Weight Loss Drugs
- Low-Dose Aspirin to Prevent First Heart Attack or Stroke? Not So Fast
- Mindfulness Key to Losing Weight While Eating Out
- Statins May Raise Diabetes Risk in Older Women
- Weight Loss Surgery May Help Diabetes
- Heart Failure, Diabetes Might Be Linked by Protein
- Report Looks at Best Diets, Easiest to Follow
- Insulin-Linked Hormone May Also Raise Alzheimer's Risk
- Weight Loss Surgery May Prevent Heart-Related Deaths
- Mom's Poverty, Diabetes Might Raise ADHD Risk in Kids
- Health Tip: Footcare Suggestions for Diabetics
- Poor Sleep May Complicate Young Diabetics' Blood Sugar Control
- The Mainstreaming of Vegan Diets
- Racial Disparities Seem to Persist in Depression Diagnosis
- Hepatitis B Vaccine Recommended for Adults With Diabetes
- Health Tip: Improving Your Cholesterol
- Health Tip: Diabetes Can Raise the Risk of Skin Infections
- Driving Isn't An Issue for Most People With Diabetes
- Health Tip: Diabetics, Pack Smart for Holiday Travel
- Brief, Intense Exercise Lowers Blood Sugar, Small Study Finds
- Dentists Could Fill Gap in Health Care, Study Says
- Health Tip: Keep Diabetes in Check During the Holidays
- Some Causes of Stillbirth May Be Avoidable: Studies
- Chewing Khat Linked to Stroke, Death
- America's Health Report Card: Needs Improvement
- Health Officials Urge Americans: Get Your Flu Shot Now
- Low Vitamin D May Raise Diabetes Risk in Kids
- Colon Cancer Prognosis Worse for the Obese, Type 2 Diabetics
- Circle of Friends Key to Adopting Healthy Habits: Study
- New FDA Guidelines for Testing Artificial Pancreas
- Despite Advances, HIV/AIDS Still Takes Heavy Emotional Toll
- Most Drug-Related Hospitalizations Due to Handful of Drugs
- Hispanics With Diabetes Urged to Get Yearly Foot Care
- 19 Million New STD Infections Reported Annually, CDC Says
- Vision Problems Decreasing in People With Diabetes
- Nerve Damage May Play a Role in ED
- Obese Kids Who Lose Weight May Cut Heart Risk, Too
- Taking Many Medications May Raise Risk of ED
- High Uric Acid Linked to Both Gout and Diabetes
- New Version of Contraceptive Implant Is Easier to Insert
- Sugar-Sweetened Drinks May Pose Heart Risks to Women, Study Suggests
- Experimental Drug Slims Obese Monkeys
- FDA Reconsiders Weight Loss Drug Qnexa
- Stroke Risk Profile May Also Predict Odds of Memory Problems
- Diabetes Linked to Precancerous Colon Growths
- Preterm Birth Rates Heading in Right Direction, Barely
- U.S. Sets New Goals for a Healthier Nation
- Study: Too Much Sugar in Drinks Marketed to Kids
- Health Tip: Recognizing Symptoms of Hyperglycemia
- Binge Eating Often Overlooked in Men
- Experimental Drug May Help Treat Psoriasis
- Panel Recommends Hepatitis B Vaccine for Diabetes Patients
- Insomnia Might Boost Heart Attack Risk
- Food Nutrition Labels Must Be Made Simpler, Experts Say
- CDC: Most Americans Eat Too Much Salt
- Neighborhood Can Affect Obesity, Diabetes Risk
- Doctors Not Stressing Follow-Up Plans With Obese Kids
- U.S. Heart Disease Rates Keep Falling: CDC
- Could Discrimination Help Trigger Illness in Blacks?
- 2 More Deaths in Listeria/Cantaloupe Outbreak
- Restless Legs Syndrome May Raise BP
- Listeria Outbreak Now 2nd Largest in U.S. History
- FDA Approves First Combo Drug for Diabetes, Cholesterol
- Men Develop Diabetes With Less Body Fat Than Women: Study
- Raising 'Good' Cholesterol May Cut Heart Risk in Diabetes Patients
- Americans Living Longer, Healthier Lives
- Pale People at Risk for Vitamin D Deficiency
- 3 Hours of Exercise Weekly Can Cut Men's Heart Risks
- Experts Assess What Works for Weight Loss
- Listeria Prompts Romaine Lettuce Recall
- Too Many Heart Patients Getting Migraine Drugs
- Blood Test May Help Spot Stroke
- New Type 1 Diabetes Genes Found
- Health Highlights: Sept. 27, 2011
- Maggots May Help Heal Hard-to-Treat Wounds
- Drink Coffee, Stay Happy?
- Asthma Can Complicate Diabetes Care in Kids
- Bed Bug Insecticides Causing Sickness, Officials Warn
- Depression Tied to Higher Risk for Stroke
- Why Many With Breast Implants Fail at Breastfeeding
- 4 Simple Steps to a Healthy Heart
- CDC Warning: Deadly Listeria in Cantaloupe
- Lifestyle Changes May Improve Erectile Dysfunction
- FDA Panel Unclear on Osteoporosis Drug Labels
- Health Highlights: Sept. 8, 2011
- 49 Million Americans Struggle to Put Food on the Table
- Study: Memory Loss Boosts Risk of Death
- Drink a Day Keeps Disease Away?
- Kids Need Flu Shot Even if They Had One Last Year
- Improving Lifestyle Reduces Diabetes Risk
- Smoking Might Raise Sex Hormone Levels After Menopause
- Are Signs of Old Age Really Something More Serious?
- Strokes Rising Among Teens, Young Adults: CDC
- Smoking May Raise Disease Risk by Increasing Hormones
- Sugar Drink Habit Is Widespread in U.S.
- Sleeping Soon After Dinner May Raise Stroke Risk
- Better Way to Predict Weight Loss?
- Report: 164 Million Obese Adults by 2030
- Report: Vaccines Generally Safe, Cause Few Health Problems
- Antibiotic Overuse May Be Bad for Body's Good Bacteria
- Ultrasound of Neck Predicts Who Will Have a Stroke
- Inflammation From Rheumatoid Arthritis Tied to Heart Disease
- Study: Obese People Live as Long as Slimmer People
- 15 Minutes of Exercise Every Day Reduces Risk of Death
- Tool Helps Decide When to Get Weight Loss Surgery
- Depression Raises Women's Stroke Risk
- Curry Spice Offers Hope for Tendinitis Pain
- Breathing Problems During Sleep Linked to Memory Problems
- 6 Steps to Improved Nail -- and Overall -- Health
- Gene Discovery Could Lead to New Stroke Treatments
- Heart Testing Overused, Report Finds
- No More Co-pay for Birth Control
- Strokes During Pregnancy, Childbirth on the Rise
- Why Comfort Foods Are So Comforting
- Many Older Americans Have Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Not All Belly Fat Is Bad for the Heart
- Panel: Drop Co-Pay for Women's Birth Control
- FDA Panel Opposes New Type of Diabetes Drug
- State Obesity Rates Are on the Rise
- Dementia Risk for Retired Football Players?
- 17 Hospitals Ranked as Nation's Best
- Mom Has Alzheimer's? Your Risk May Be High
- Maintaining Good Health May Reduce Dementia Risk
- Nuts Good for Some With Diabetes
- Obesity Rates Are Increasing in 16 States
- Size Counts When It Comes to Sex
- Heart Benefits From Cutting Back on Salt?
- Healthy Lifestyle Cuts Risk of Sudden Cardiac Death
- Breast Cancer Plus Other Health Issues Linked to Worse Outcomes
- Drinking Water May Cut Risk of High Blood Sugar
- Lucentis May Treat Diabetes-Related Vision Loss
- Diet, Metformin Cut Medical Cost for Prediabetes Patients
- Survey: Diabetes Patients Don't Change Lifestyle
- Drug May Treat Newly Diagnosed Type 1 Diabetes
- Gastric Banding: Cheaper Weight Loss Surgery?
- Metformin: Safer for Heart Than Older Diabetes Drugs?
- Exercise After Meals Helps Control Blood Sugar
- Diabetes May Be Linked to Hearing Loss
- New Drug May Help Treat Diabetes
- New Insulin May Treat Dangerously Low Blood Sugar
- Thin Gene Raises Heart Risks
- Weight Loss Surgery May Cut Inflammation, Disease Risk
- Weight Loss Surgery Fights Diabetes in Multiple Ways
- Very Low-Calorie Diet May Reverse Diabetes
- Diabetes on Upswing Worldwide
- Calories, Not Protein or Carbs, Are Key to Weight Loss: Study
- Ways to Curb Childhood Obesity Outlined in U.S. Report
- Combination Therapy Needed to Fight Chronic Pain
- Genetic Clue to Painful Peripheral Neuropathy
- FDA Prepares for Nanomedicine Revolution
- New Bladder Cancer Warning for Diabetes Drug Actos
- Excess TV Time Linked to Early Death
- Type 2 Diabetes Treatment Victoza Helps Type 1, Too
- New Guidelines Suggest Higher Doses of Vitamin D
- Weight Loss May Improve Sleep Apnea
- Diabetes Patients May Have Higher Fracture Risk
- Experts Say Stroke Care Differs for U.S. Minorities
- Food Pyramid Replacement Coming June 2
- Baked or Broiled Fish May Cut Heart Failure Risk
- Atrial Fibrillation Raises Death Risk for Middle-Aged Women
- Study: Psoriasis in Kids Linked to Obesity, Heart Risks
- Coffee May Lower Prostate Cancer Risk
- Tai Chi Prevents Falls, Boosts Mental Health in Seniors: Study
- Low Vitamin D at Birth Linked to Lung Infections
- Jenny Craig Nabs ‘Best Diet' Ranking
- Many Strokes Occur in Sleep, Preventing Treatment
- Many in U.S. No Longer Worry About Weight
- Prostate Cancer: Early Surgery or Watchful Waiting?
- Less-Than-Optimal Sleep May 'Age' the Brain
- Diabetes Costs Are High for Young People
- FDA Panel Urges Approval of Hepatitis C Drug
- New Clues to Low-Calorie Diets and Longer Life
- Group Doctor Visits May Help Parkinson's Patients
- Gastric Bypass May Improve Diabetes Quickly
- Death Rate Declines for Americans With Hypertension
- Low Health Literacy May Have Deadly Consequences
- Many Diabetes Patients Wear the Wrong Shoes
- The 10 Most Prescribed Drugs
- Vegetarians May Have Lower Risk of Cataracts
- Calcium Supplements May Increase Heart Risk
- New Alzheimer's Guidelines Stress Early Diagnosis
- Lifestyle Changes Reduce Triglycerides
- Qnexa Yields Up to Nearly a 10% Weight Loss: Study
- People With Signs of Parkinson's Wait to See Doctor
- Periodic Fasting May Cut Risk of Heart Disease, Diabetes
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Rates Rising in U.S.
- Best Diet Plan: 6 Mini Meals or 3 Squares a Day?
- Eating Fresh Foods May Cut Exposure to BPA
- Why Some May Avoid Type 1 Diabetes Complications
- 'Mini-Strokes' May Increase Risk of Heart Attack
- Diabetes Drug Actos May Also Help Prediabetes
- Cocoa Rich in Health Benefits
- Unhealthy Diet Raises Heart Risk of Obese Teens
- Blood Test May Predict Risk of Diabetes
- New Insight on Weight Gain After Prostate Cancer Therapy
- Diabetes Raises Depression Risk
- New Technique May Help Diagnose Asthma, COPD
- Apple-Shaped Obesity, Other Forms Equally Risky, Study Finds
- West Virginia Most Obese State, Colorado Least
- Coffee May Lower Stroke Risk
- 384,000 J&J Animas Insulin Pump Cartridges Recalled
- Survey Reveals the Nation's Happiest States
- New Alternative to BMI for Measuring Body Fat
- Diabetes Risks Go Beyond Heart Attacks, Strokes
- Charlie Sheen Substance Abuse: FAQ
- What's the Best Test for Children's Diabetes?
- Breastfeeding by Diabetic Moms Cuts Babies' Obesity Risk
- Fatty Liver May Be Linked to Diabetes Risk
- Higher Vitamin D Intake Could Cut Cancer Risk
- Americans Worry About Getting Alzheimer's
- Where Do the Most Active People Live?
- New Guidelines on Women's Heart Risk
- Wireless Sensor Monitors Heart Failure Patients
- Salty Diet Linked to Stroke Risk
- Many in U.S. Get Unneeded Heart Screening Tests
- Metabolic Syndrome Linked to Memory Loss
- Stroke History of Moms Predicts Risk for Daughters
- Artificial Pancreas Could Help Pregnant Diabetic Women
- Obesity Rates Weigh Down Cities' Budgets
- Celiac, Crohn's Disease Share Common Genetic Links
- CDC: 26 Million Americans Have Diabetes
- Weight Lifters Turning to Human Growth Hormone
- Flu Is Widespread in 11 States
- Healthy Hearts in Mediterranean Lands? Maybe Not
- Sitting for Too Long Is Bad for Your Health
- Mediterranean Diet May Keep Aging Mind Sharp
- Study: Newer Antipsychotic Drugs Are Overused
- Team Treatment Helps Depression, Chronic Disease
- Recall of Defective Glucose Test Strips
- Psoriasis, Heart Disease, and Diabetes: What's the Link?
- Many Adults Report Troubled Childhood Experiences
- Good Cholesterol May Lower Risk of Alzheimer's Disease
- Experts: Exercise Crucial for Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Heart Attack Risk Quickly Follows RA Diagnosis
- Healthy Lifestyle May Help Prevent Stroke
- How Much Sleep Do You Really Need?
- New Links Seen Between Depression and Diabetes
- Bad Economy, Bad Health?
- Low Grades in U.S. for Eating Fruits and Veggies
- Arthritis Drugs Linked to Lower Odds of Alzheimer's
- Obese Teens at Risk for Severe Adult Obesity
- Many With Heart Attack Symptoms Delay Care
- Child's Waist Size Indicates Future Health Risks
- Proposed Nutrition Labels May Exclude Sugar
- New Genes Linked to Obesity, Belly Fat
- Exercise Fights Breast Cancer
- Exercise Helps You Sleep
- FDA Panel Is Split on Ban of Diet Drug Meridia
- Vitamin D May Improve Asthma Control
- Some Dieters Are Set Up to Regain Weight
- Hormone in Hair May Reveal Heart Risk
- Weight Loss Pill Meridia Raises Heart Attack, Stroke Risks
- Diabetes Has an Impact on Sex Life
- Breastfeeding May Lower Moms' Diabetes Risk
- Type 2 Diabetes May Have Link to Alzheimer's
- Green Leafy Veggies May Cut Diabetes Risk
- Wine May Cut Decline in Thinking Skills
- Pro Golfer Phil Mickelson Treated for Psoriatic Arthritis
- Big Waist Increases Death Risk
- Resveratrol May Slow Aging in Humans
- Too Much Pregnancy Weight Gain Raises Child's Obesity Risk
- More Evidence Links Fractures to Diabetes Drugs
- Diet Drug Lorcaserin Safe, Effective, Study Finds
- FDA Panel Splits Over Avandia Ban
- New Insurance Rules: Free Preventive Health Care
- Vitamins D and E May Affect Dementia Risk
- Obese Kids Have More Reflux Disease
- Deadly Cancer Risk Linked to Cell Age
- Blood Pressure and Diabetes: How Low Should You Go?
- Might You Live to 100? Gene Test Tells
- Scientists Find Possible Genetic Roots of Type of Hair Loss
- Obesity Rate Swells in 28 States
- New Type of Diabetes Drug Drops Weight With Blood Sugar
- Inhaled Insulin May Help Treat Diabetes
- Obesity After Age 50 Raises Diabetes Risk
- How Red Wine Helps the Heart
- Low Vitamin D Linked to Poor Diabetes Control
- Gout Survey Offers Peek at the Pain
- Genes May Play a Role in Vitamin D Deficiency
- Walk Your Dog to Unleash Better Health
- Exercise May Boost Men's Sexual Prowess
- New Aspirin Guidelines for Diabetes Patients
- Cut Back on Sodas to Lower Blood Pressure
- ED a Red Flag for Heart Attack, Strokes
- New Clues to Stubborn Urinary Tract Infections
- Processed Meat Linked to Heart, Diabetes Risks
- Breastfeeding Cuts Fever Risk After Vaccines
- Concerns Raised About Drugstore Genetic Test
- Michelle Obama's Plan to End Childhood Obesity Epidemic
- Air Pollution Increases Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- iPods, Texting at 100: How Centenarians Stay Hip
- Diabetes Nerve Pain May Worsen at Night
- Weight Loss Pill Also Lowers Blood Pressure
- High Doses of Vitamin D May Cut Pregnancy Risks
- Prehypertension, Prediabetes Predict Heart Risk
- $1,000 Personal Genome Coming: Are We Ready?
- Drug Reverses Diabetes-Related Vision Loss
- Is Drinking Wine a Key to Antiaging?
- Many in U.S. Have at Least 1 Heart Risk Factor
- Higher Vitamin D, Better Golden Years?
- Bret Michaels' Condition: How Serious Is It?
- Can You Recognize Symptoms of Minor Stroke?
- Cost Concerns Delay Heart Attack Care
- Disabilities Sidelining Middle-Age Adults
- Baby Boomers May Outlive Their Kids
- Sleep Apnea Increases Stroke Risk
- Should Healthy People Take Statins?
- Cancer Linked to Other Chronic Illnesses
- Overactive Thyroid May Raise Early Stroke Risk
- Breastfeeding Rates Vary by Race, Region
- FDA OKs Insulin Pump Plus Glucose Monitor System
- ED, Heart Disease May Be Deadly Duo
- Salsalate May Help Treat Type 2 Diabetes
- Cardiac Catheterizations: Too Many Performed?
- A1c Test Identifies Diabetes, Heart Risk
- U.S. Has Racial Gap in Stroke Rate
- Heart Warning Signs in Obese 3-Year-Olds
- Gestational Diabetes Underdiagnosed
- Belly Fat Is Culprit in Stroke Gender Gap
- Strokes Are Increasing Among Young
- Single Men Have Higher Risk of Stroke
- Early Pregnancy Weight Gain Ups Diabetes Risk
- BPA Not Linked to Ill Effects in 2 Studies
- Survey: Asthma Control Still Poor
- Life Expectancy Up, but So Is Poor Health
- Statins May Be Linked to Diabetes Risk
- New Way to Predict Women's Heart Risk
- Obese Children Twice as Likely to Die Young?
- Migraines Linked to Heart Attack Risk
- Percentage of Overweight, Obese Americans Swells
- Diabetes: 8 Tips to Avoid Holiday Food Temptations
- Happy, Healthy, Valentine!
- Coffee and Your Health
- Dry Mouth
- Diabetes Risk Factors
- Victoza (liraglutide) Medication for Diabetes
- Snuggle Up With the Perfect Pillow
- The Truth About Urine
- Living with Fibromyalgia, Drugs Approved to Manage Pain
- Saxagliptin (Onglyza) Drug for Diabetes
- Weight Loss and Nutrition Myths
- 10 Everyday Super Foods
- Women, Sex, and Diabetes
- Male Enhancement: Is It Worth a Try?
- Heart Health Tips From a Top Cardiologist
- Diabetes Warning Signs
- Diabetes Drugs to Get Heart Failure Risk Warning
- The Pritikin Principle
- Januvia - Diabetes Medication FAQ
- Calcium Supplements: What To Look For
- Diabetes: 7 Principles for Good Diabetes Care
- Diabetes: Specific References
- Diabetes in Older People - A Disease You Can Manage
- Depression Caused by Chronic Illnesses
- Diabetes: Is yours under control?
- Obesity: Health Risks Associated with Obesity
- Nutrition: Coffee - The New Health Food
- Eye Care for People with Diabetes
- Sleep and Chronic Illness
- Diabetes: Working With Your Health Care Team
- Diabetes Prevention FAQs
- Stress and Diabetes
- Medicare Pays - Get the Most from It!
- Paxil CR and Avandamet, FDA Seizes Product
- Work: How to Handle a Chronic Illness at Work
- Women With Diabetes Greater Risk of Heart Disease
- FTC Charges Seasilver with Making False and Deceptive Claims
- Chinese Diet Pills Dangerous
- Diabetes: Choosing and Using Your Glucose Meter
- Women and Body Image
- Pregnancy Disorders
- Health Benefits Of Physical Activity
- Top 10 Health Threats to Men
- Low Vision, What Does It Mean?
- To Drive Or Not To Drive
- Eyes Wide Open
- Laxity in Diabetic Care in the US
- Health: Are Americans Healthy?
- Insulin Delivery System for Diabetics - New
- Cheiroarthropathy: A Diabetes Complication
- 10 Tips for a Good Shoe Fit!
- Diabetes: Home Test for Diabetes Control
- Depression and Diabetes
- Diabetes Supplies, What Medicare Covers
- Diabetes Myths
- Gestational Diabetes Risk Quiz
- Nutrition - New Sugar Substitute, Neotame
- Diabetes, 5 Tips to Protect Your Feet
- Nutrition Savvy Quiz
- Blood Glucose Monitoring
- Helpful Tips About Your Glucose Meter
- Diabetes: Tips on Keeping Your Blood Sugar at a Healthy Level
- Glucose Tolerance and Diabetes
- Diabetes - What Should My Blood Sugar Levels Be?
- Diabetes...A Quick Look