Trending Diabetes Topics
Diabetes mellitus is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar in the blood. The two types of diabetes are type 1 and type 2. Symptoms of diabetes include increased urine output, thirst, hunger, and fatigue. Treatment of diabetes depends on the type.
Watch this slideshow to understand type 2 diabetes and learn the warning signs. You'll see a pictorial overview of the symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of type 2 diabetes.
For people with diabetes, too much glucose in the blood can cause serious foot complications such as nerve damage, infection, ulcers and even amputation. Watch this slideshow on diabetes related foot problems and help prevent serious complications.
Related Disease Conditions
Type 2 Diabetes Medications (Side Effects, Differences)
Type 2 diabetes oral medications are prescribed to treat type 2 diabetes in conjuction with lifestyle changes like diet and...
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Second Source article from Government...
Eye Problems and Diabetes
Diabetes and eye problems are generally caused by high blood sugar levels over an extended period of time. Types of eye problems...
Diabetes and Kidney Disease
In the United States diabetes is the most common cause of kidney failure. High blood pressure and high levels of blood glucose...
Diabetes insipidus is a condition in which the patient has frequent urination. Symptoms of diabetes insipidus include irritable,...
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high levels of sugar (glucose) in the blood. The two types of diabetes are...
How to Prevent Diabetes Naturally
Prediabetes is a condition in which a person has early symptoms of diabetes, but has not yet fully developed the condition. If...
Diabetes Symptoms in Men
Diabetes mellitus is a disease in which a person's blood sugar (blood glucose) is either too high (hyperglycemia) or too low...
Diabetes Symptoms in Women (Early and Late)
Diabetes symptoms in women include vaginal itching, pain, or discharge, loss if interest or pain after having sex, polycystic...
Diabetes Treatment (Type 1 and Type 2 Medications and Diet)
The major goal in treating diabetes is controlling elevated blood sugar without causing abnormally low levels of blood sugar....
Diabetes: Caring for Your Diabetes at Special Times
Taking care of a disease such as diabetes is a life-long process. Learn how to care for yourself or loved one with diabetes in...
A diabetic diet, or diabetes diet helps keep blood glucose levels in the target range for patients. Exercise and medication may...
Type 2 Diabetes Diet Plan
A type 2 diabetes diet or a type 2 diabetic diet is important for blood sugar (glucose) control in people with diabetes to...
Tips for Managing Type 1 and 2 Diabetes at Home
Managing your diabetes is a full time commitment. The goal of diabetic therapy is to control blood glucose levels and prevent the...
Diabetic Ketoacidosis (Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Complications)
Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) is a complication of type 1 diabetes that is life threatening. If a person thinks they may have...
Diabetic Neuropathy (Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment)
Diabetic neuropathy a condition in which nerve damage has occurred as a complication of diabetes. The pain from the nerve...
Diabetes and Foot Problems (Treatment)
Diabetes related foot problems can affect your health with two problems: diabetic neuropathy, where diabetes affects the nerves,...
Gastroparesis is a medical condition in which the muscle of the stomach is paralyzed by a disease of either the stomach muscle...
High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia)
Hyperglycemia or high blood sugar is a serious health problem for diabetics. There are two types of hyperglycemia, 1) fasting,...
Low Blood Sugar (Hypoglycemia)
Low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia, is a syndrome in which a person's blood sugar is dangerously low. People with type 1 and type 2...
Insulin Resistance (Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Reversal))
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...
Insulin Resistance Syndrome
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
The main features of metabolic syndrome include insulin resistance, hypertension (high blood pressure), cholesterol...
Normal Blood Sugar Levels (Ranges) In Adults with Diabetes
People with diabetes can manage and prevent low or high blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia) by keeping a log of...
Sex, Urinary, and Bladder Problems of Diabetes
Having diabetes can mean early onset and increased severity of bladder symptoms (urinary incontinence and urinary tract...
Type 1 Diabetes (Symptoms, Causes, Diet, Treatment, Life Expectancy)
Type 1 diabetes mellitus (juvenile) is an auto-immune disease with no known cause at this time, although there are a few risk...
Type 1 Diabetes
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Type 1 vs Type 2 Diabetes (Similarities and Differences)
Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic condition in which a person's blood sugar (glucose) levels are too high. Over 29.1 million...
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic condition that may be reversible with diet and lifestyle changes. Symptoms include excessive thirst,...
What Are the Early Signs of Diabetes?
Type 2 Diabetes is a chronic disease characterized by increased blood sugar (glucose) level. Type 2 Diabetes is caused by either...
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Diabetes Tips: Managing and Living With Diabetes
If you have either type 1 or type 2 diabetes, you need to approach life differently. Learn nutrition tips to control blood sugar,...
Pictures of Famous People With Diabetes
See pictures of celebrities that have been diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes including Mary Tyler Moore, Salma Hayek, and...
Diabetes: How Blood Sugar Levels Affect Your Body
High blood sugar can be a sign of diabetes or prediabetes. The drugs that treat it sometimes cause low blood sugar too. WebMD...
Diabetes: Guide to Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy
Diabetes can damage the nerves that help you feel pain, heat, and cold, especially in your feet. Learn about the symptoms of...
Diabetes: Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy Treatment
This nerve damage is a common complication of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Find out how to prevent it, slow its progression,...
How Diabetes Can Affect Your Feet
Learn more about diabetes related foot problems. For people with diabetes, too much glucose in the blood can cause serious foot...
Diabetes Diet: 11 Low-Sugar Drink Ideas
Searching for low-sugar drink ideas? This pictures slideshow has eleven beverages ideal for people with diabetes and those...
Diabetes Management Tips and Preventing Complications
Learn 10 simple ways to better manage your diabetes. See tips for controlling blood sugar, diet and exercise and other helpful...
Diabetes Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Take the Diabetes Quiz and learn the causes, signs, symptoms, and types of this growing epidemic. What does diabetes have to do...
Diabetes Diet: Healthy Meal Plans for Diabetes-Friendly Eating
Discover the best and worst meals for diabetes-savvy dining. See how to avoid carbs and control your blood sugar with healthier...
Diabetes: 12 Ways Too Much Sugar Harms Your Body
The bitter truth: How too much sugar can harm your physical and mental health....
Pictures of 10 Muscle-Building Exercises for Diabetes
Watch this slideshow on Diabetes and Exercise. If you have diabetes, see how strengthening your muscles with these 10 weight...
Diabetic Neuropathy Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Diabetic neuropathy is serious. Take this quiz to get the facts....
Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: Improve Diabetes Nerve Pain
Read about diabetic peripheral neuropathy and exercises to manage nerve pain. Learn how to cope with the symptoms of diabetic...
Travel Tips for Better Diabetes Control
Traveling with diabetes can be intimidating, but it shouldn't stop you! Learn tips for packing your diabetic supplies, how to...
Prediabetes: You Can Turn It Around
Prediabetes can be a wake-up call. Click through to find out what you can do if you have it....
Metabolic Syndrome Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Metabolic syndrome is serious and you should be concerned. Learn the causes, symptoms, treatments, and complications of metabolic...
Picture of Peripheral Vascular Disease
Diabetes also affects the blood vessels and alters the flow of blood. See a picture of Peripheral Vascular Disease and learn more...
Diabetes: What Raises and Lowers Your Blood Sugar Level?
Want to lower your blood sugar? Learn to better control your glucose levels by preventing blood sugar spikes and swings to avoid...
Type 1 Diabetes: What Are The Symptoms?
What is type 1 diabetes? Is there a cure for type 1 diabetes? Learn about type 1 diabetes symptoms, warning signs, causes, and...
Type 1 Diabetes Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
What are the causes of type 1 diabetes? Take this quiz and challenge your knowledge of causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatments...
Type 2 Diabetes: Test Your Medical IQ
What causes type 2 diabetes? Can it be prevented? Take this online quiz and challenge your knowledge of this common condition....
Type 2 Diabetes Diagnosis, Treatment, Medication
Learn about type 2 diabetes warning signs, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment options. Read how diet and exercise can help manage...
Treatment & Diagnosis
- 6 Frequently Asked Diabetes Question
- Avandia - Is It a Heart Risk?
- What Are the Best Shoes for Diabetic Neuropathy in Feet?
- Can a Diabetic Get a Deep Tissue Massage?
- Can Artificial Sweeteners Raise Blood Sugar?
- Can Chemotherapy Cause Diabetic Neuropathy?
- Can Diabetes Cause Muscle Pain?
- Can You Get Diabetes from Stress?
- Can You Have Type 1 Diabetes Without Symptoms?
- Diabetes Update - American Diabetes Association 2006
- Cushings syndrome vs. Cushings disease
- Is It Safe to Use Expired Medication?
- Diabetes - Foot Care: A Walking Matter
- Diabetes and Eye Disease...See No Evil
- Diabetes Diet
- Diabetes - David Meets Goliath
- Diabetes Mellitus - The Work Pays Off
- Diabetes Type I...Insulin Therapy
- Diabetes - An Aspirin A Day
- Top 10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Diabetes
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis Symptoms
- What Are Risk Factors for Diabetic Kidney Disease?
- Diabetics: Is the New Inhaled Insulin Right for You?
- Diabulimia - Eating Disorder
- Exercise Therapy in Diabetes - Part 2
- Exercise Therapy in Type 2 Diabetes - Part 1
- What Are the Side Effects of Glucophage in People with PCOS?
- Heart Disease Stroke and Diabetes
- How Bad Is Type 1 Diabetes?
- Insulin Resistance - Keypoints
- How Do You Know if You Have Diabetes?
- How Does an Insulin Pump Attach to the Body?
- How Is Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) Measured?
- Gee - Whats in a Name
- Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Sugar) Symptoms and Diabetes
- Insulin...Getting Better All the Time
- Diabetes Report From The National ADA Meeting 2003
- Is Type 1 Diabetes Genetic?
- Olestra, Fake Fat
- Prediabetes Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Ramipril, Heart Disease, Stroke & Diabetes
- Rezulin Withdrawn From Market
- Technologies That Will Transform Medicine
- 11 Diabetes Diet Tips for the Holidays
- What Will Happen if Type 1 Diabetes Is Left Untreated?
- What Causes Type 1 Diabetes in Adults?
- What Does It Feel Like When Your Blood Sugar Is too High?
- What Foods to Eat to Reverse Diabetes
- What Is an Insulin Pump and How Is It Used?
- What Is Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c)?
- What Is a Safe Hemorrhoid Treatment for Diabetics?
- What Is the Normal Range for Blood Sugar?
- What Is the Treatment for Diabetic Neuropathy?
- What Kind of Cold Medicine Can Diabetics Take?
- What Not to Eat When You Have Arthritis
- Why Is Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) Measured?
Medications & Supplements
- Precose (acarbose)
- Actos (pioglitazone) Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
- Adlyxin (lixisenatide)
- Adlyxin (lixisenatide) Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
- Amaryl (glimepiride) Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
- Baqsimi (glucagon)
- becaplermin, Regranex
- canagliflozin (Invokana)
- chlorpropamide, Diabinese
- dapagliflozin, Farxiga
- exenatide (Byetta)
- gliclazide-oral tablet
- Amaryl (glimepiride)
- glipizide (Glipizide XL, Glucotrol)
- glipizide and metformin
- glucagon recombinant (GlucaGen)
- glucose (Insta-Glucose, Dex4 & others)
- Glucovance (glyburide/metformin)
- Insulin for Diabetes Treatment (Types, Side Effects, and Preparations)
- insulin glargine (Lantus)
- Jardiance (empagliflozin)
- Jardiance Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
- Tradjenta (linagliptin)
- Victoza (liraglutide)
- Lyrica (pregabalin) Side Effects, Warnings & Drug Interactions
- Lyrica vs. Gabapentin: Differences between Pain Relief and Uses
- metformin (Glucophage, Glucophage XR, Glumetza, Fortamet, Riomet)
- metformin and sitagliptin (Janumet)
- Metformin (Glucophage) vs. Glipizide (Glucotrol)
- Metformin vs. Janumet
- Metformin vs. Januvia
- Metformin vs. Glucovance
- Metformin vs. Lantus
- miglitol, Glyset
- Starlix (nateglinide)
- Actos (pioglitazone)
- Regranex (becaplermin) Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
- repaglinide (Prandin)
- rosiglitazone (Avandia)
- Avandamet (rosiglitazone/metformin)
- SGLT2 Inhibitors (Sodium-Glucose Co-Transporter 2)
- Side Effects of Tolinase (tolazamide)
- Side Effects of Tradjenta (linagliptin)
- Side Effects of Xultophy (insulin degludec and liraglutide injection)
- sitagliptin (Januvia)
- tolazamide (Tolinase brand has been discontinued.)
- Trulicity (dulaglutide)
- Victoza (liraglutide) Side Effects, Warnings, and Drug Interactions
- Xultophy (insulin degludec and liraglutide injection)
Prevention & Wellness
- Diabetes: Air Pollution Increases Risk of Heart Disease in Diabetics
- American Diabetes Month
- Basal Metabolic Rate
- Blood Glucose Monitoring
- Cheiroarthropathy: A Diabetes Complication
- Diabetes and A1c: The Value of 1%
- Diabetes and African American Men
- Diabetes Drugs to Get Heart Failure Risk Warning
- Diabetes Origin: Free Fatty Acids?
- Diabetes Warning Signs
- Diabetes...A Quick Look
- Diabetes: 4 Steps to Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes: Beyond Blood Sugar: Testing A1c
- Diabetes: Home Test for Diabetes Control
- Diabetes: Is yours under control?
- Diabetes: Specific References
- Eye Care for People with Diabetes
- Glucose Meters: What's on the Horizon?
- Glucose Testing: After Meals?
- Glucose Tolerance and Diabetes
- Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness Month
- Herbs, Vitamins, and More for Diabetes
- High-Tech Hormone: Updated Insulin
- Insulin Delivery System for Diabetics - New
- Insulin Pump: Convenient Care
- Islet Cell Transplant: Still Promising?
- Januvia - Diabetes Medication FAQ
- Laxity in Diabetic Care in the US
- Living With Type 2 Diabetes Is Family Affair
- Low Vision, What Does It Mean?
- Nutrition - New Sugar Substitute, Neotame
- Preventing Type 2 Diabetes
- Saving on the Cost of Diabetes Care
- Saxagliptin (Onglyza) Drug for Diabetes
- Diabetes: Sweet Holiday News for People With Diabetes
- Diabetes: Traveling Safely
- Diabetes Prevention
- Diabetes: Coping With the News
- Victoza (liraglutide) Medication for Diabetes
- Women With Diabetes Greater Risk of Heart Disease
- Women, Sex, and Diabetes