Patient Comments: Deviated Septum - Symptoms

What were the symptoms associated with your deviated septum? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Joseph, 0-2 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 08

My wife suffers with deviated septum, sinus headaches, etc. Her most chronic issue is post nasal drip with the exception of the discharge travelling down the back of her throat into the stomach and leaving a horrible sense of taste, smell and nausea. She would wake up several times at night with it. We know it's probably somehow related to her sinus issues which she knows when her headaches are coming on but this so called post nasal drip is a mystery and has her worn out.

Comment from: mark w., 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 20

My problem is that I can't breath through my nose. It mainly happens when I am trying to go to sleep, that's when I have breathing difficulties and headaches. On some occasions I feel sick, and my breathing is bad. Also when I do any exercises where I have to breath through my nose I have difficulties, and my septum is bent to the right side of my nose. I believe its a deviated septum.

Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter