Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one feels about oneself, and the way one thinks about things. The principal types of depression are major depression, dysthymia, and bipolar disease (also called manic-depressive disease). Read more: Depression Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Bipolar Disorder (Mania) Quiz: Test Your Emotional Wellness IQ
Who is at risk for developing bipolar disorder? Are you? Take this Bipolar Disorder Quiz to learn more about bipolar disorder, if...
Depression Quiz: Signs & Symptoms
Many people do not recognize the symptoms and warning signs of depression and depressive disorders in children and adults. With...
Learn to Spot Depression: Symptoms, Warning Signs, Medication
What is depression? Get information on symptoms, signs, tests, and treatments for many types of depression including major...
Bipolar Disorder: Symptoms, Testing for Bipolar Depression
Bipolar disorder (once called manic depression) causes extreme mood shifts and can be disorienting. Our experts define bipolar...
17 Everyday Ways to Ease Depression
The right exercise, diet, and activities -- even playing with a pet --can help you recover from depression. Learn simple...
Depression Myths: Overwork, Recklessness and More in Pictures
Folk remedies and half-truths still prevent many from getting treatment for depression. WebMD's pictures show unusual symptoms in...
Postpartum Depression: Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Postpartum depression is a treatable medical illness which affects women after giving birth. Learn about the symptoms, diagnosis...
Physical Symptoms of Depression in Pictures
Depression can cause physical problems such as insomnia, chest pain, fatigue, headaches, and more. Learn the signs of depression...
Healthy Aging: Sneaky Depression Triggers in Pictures
There are many causes and triggers of depression. From too little vitamin B12 to too much time alone, look at these surprising...
Depression Therapy: Myths, Facts, and More in Pictures
False ideas scare many depression suffers away from therapy and the quick relief and help these pros can provide. Let our experts...
Foods That Help Fight Depression
Food cannot prevent depression, but a healthy diet may boost your mood. Foods like salmon, carrots, Brazil nuts and even...
9 Signs of Perimenopause
Perimenopause occurs before menopause as estrogen levels begin to change. This can cause menopause like symptoms such as hot...
12 Tips for Success with Antidepressants
Antidepressants like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) are medication...
The 18 Most Expensive U.S. Medical Conditions
What are the most expensive medical conditions? Learn about heart conditions, brain disorders, back pain and many more expensive...
What Does It Mean When Your Whole Body Aches?
Body aches and pains can be disruptive and frustrating. Learn many chronic pain causes, including lupus, arthritis, fibromyalgia,...
Drug Interactions: Foods, Drugs, Herbs Affecting Medications
What foods, drugs, and herbal supplements interact with your pharmaceuticals? Learn about grapefruit and other common drug...
Related Disease Conditions
Depression: The Basics
Second Source article from WebMD...
When a Loved One Has Depression
Second Source article from WebMD...
Depression: Causes of Depression
Second Source article from The Cleveland Clinic...
Depression Treatment Options
Second Source article from WebMD...
Depression: When a Friend is Depressed
Second Source article from Government...
Depression: A Treatable Illness
Second Source article from Government...
Childhood ADD or ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Children)
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) causes the following symptoms in children: excessive activity, problems...
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) causes HIV infection and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Symptoms and signs...
Anorexia is an eating disorder characterized by markedly reduced appetite or total aversion to food. Anorexia is a serious...
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS or SEID)
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) or systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID) is a debilitating and complex disorder...
Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition characterized by symptoms such as fatigue, sleep disturbances, and tender points. Stress...
Erectile Dysfunction (ED, Impotence)
Erectile dysfunction (ED, impotence) is the failure to achieve or maintain an erection. There are many potential underlying...
Lung cancer kills more men and women than any other form of cancer. Eight out of 10 lung cancers are due to tobacco smoke. Lung...
Lyme disease is a bacterial illness, which is spread by ticks when they bite the skin. Initially the disease affects the skin...
Migraine headache is a type of headache associated with a sensitivity to light, smells, or sounds, eye pain, severe pounding on...
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Life Expectancy
Multiple sclerosis or MS is an autoimmune disorder in which brain and spinal cord nerve cells become demyelinated. This damage...
Mitral Valve Prolapse (Syndrome, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, Surgery)
Mitral valve prolapse (MVP), also called "click murmur syndrome" and "Barlow's syndrome," is the most common type of heart valve...
Panic attacks are sudden feelings of terror that strike without warning. These episodes can occur at any time, even during sleep....
Parkinson's disease is a slowly progressive neurological disease characterized by a fixed inexpressive face, a tremor at rest,...
Polymyalgia rheumatica (PMR) is a disorder of the muscles and joints that causes pain and stiffness in the arms, neck, shoulders,...
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a combination of physical and emotional disturbances that occur after a woman ovulates and ends...
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease that causes chronic inflammation of the joints, the tissue around the joints,...
Schizophrenia is a disabling brain disorder that may cause hallucinations and delusions and affect a person's ability to...
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...
Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus or SLE)
Systemic lupus erythematosus is a condition characterized by chronic inflammation of body tissues caused by autoimmune disease....
Hyperparathyroidism is a disorder of the parathyroid glands. There are two types of hyperparathyroidism, primary and secondary....
Approximately 40 million children suffer abuse every year around the world, and more than 1,500 children die of abuse in the U.S....
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep)
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...
Alcoholism is a disease that includes alcohol craving and continued drinking despite repeated alcohol-related problems, such as...
Indigestion (Dyspepsia, Upset Stomach Pain) Symptoms, Relief Remedies, Medicine
Indigestion (dyspepsia) can be caused by diseases or conditions that involve the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, and also by some...
Insomnia Treatment (Sleep Aids and Stimulants)
Insomnia is difficulty in falling or staying asleep, the absence of restful sleep, or poor quality of sleep. Insomnia is a...
Holiday Depression, Anxiety, and Stress
Though the holidays are a fun time for most, for others, they're a sad, lonely and anxiety-filled time. Get tips on how to avoid...
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Seasonal affective disorder is a type of depression that tends to occur as the days grow shorter in the fall and winter. Symptoms...
West Nile Virus
West Nile virus (West Nile encephalitis) is a brain infection caused by a virus. People become infected with the virus after...
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), a psychiatric condition, can develop after any catastrophic life event. Symptoms include...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Narcolepsy (Definition, Symptoms, Treatment, Medication)
Causes of narcolepsy, a chronic disease of the central nervous system, have not been fully determined. Some theories include...
Peyronie's Disease (Curvature of the Penis)
Peyronie's disease or curvature of the penis (Peyronie disease) is a condition in which scar tissue develops inside the penis....
Date Rape Drugs
Date rape drugs such as GHB, rohypnol, and ketamine are sometimes used to assist in a sexual assault. Symptoms and signs of...
Bipolar disorder (or manic depression) is a mental illness characterized by depression, mania, and severe mood swings. Treatment...
Grief: Loss of a Loved One
Grief is the feeling one experiences after a loss (of a friendship, death of loved one, job). Complicated grief refers to grief...
Suicide is the process of intentionally ending one's own life. Approximately 1 million people worldwide commit suicide each year,...
Drug addiction is a chronic disease that causes drug-seeking behavior and drug use despite negative consequences to the user and...
The definition of a genetic disease is a disorder or condition caused by abnormalities in a person's genome. Some types of...
Agoraphobia is a fear of being outside or of being in a situation from which escape would be impossible. Symptoms include...
Antisocial Personality Disorder
Antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) has many symptoms, signs, and causes. Therapy is one treatment option for antisocial...
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
Borderline personality disorder is a serious mental illness characterized by pervasive instability in moods, interpersonal...
Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a dramatic personality disorder that is characterized by a distorted self-image,...
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder that causes a person to suffer repeated obsessions and compulsions....
Binge Eating Disorder
Characteristics of binge eating disorder include eating more quickly than usual, eating until uncomfortably full, eating a lot of...
Separation anxiety disorder is a common childhood anxiety disorder that has many causes. Infants, children, older kids and adults...
Postpartum depression is a form of depression that occurs within a year after delivery. It is thought that rapid hormone changes...
The most common taste disorder is phantom taste perception; that is, a lingering, often unpleasant taste even though you have...
Whiplash is a common injury to a person's neck following a car accident (in most cases). Symptoms include: headache, neck...
Mental health is an optimal way of thinking, relating to others, and feeling. All of the diagnosable mental disorders fall under...
Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
About 2%-6% of adults have ADHD, a common behavioral problem. Symptoms include impulsivity, hyperactivity, and inattention....
Tension Headache (Symptoms, Relief, Causes, Treatment)
A tension headache s one of the most common types of headaches, and the exact cause is not known. Factors that may contribute to...
Myofascial Pain Syndrome
Myofascial pain syndrome is muscle pain in the body's soft tissues due to injury or strain. Symptoms include muscle pain with...
Depression in Children
Childhood depression can interfere with social activities, interests, schoolwork and family life. Symptoms and signs include...
Depression in teenagers may be caused by many factors. Symptoms of teen depression include apathy, irresponsible behavior,...
Depression in the Elderly
Depression in the elderly is very common. That doesn't mean, though, it's normal. Treatment may involve antidepressants,...
Emotional eating can be detrimental to one's efforts at weight loss. Learning to identify the situations and emotions that...
Sexual Problems (Sex) in Women
Sexual dysfunction refers to a problem that arises during any phase of the sexual response cycle, preventing an individual or...
Alternative Treatment for MS (CAM for MS)
The term alternative therapy, in general, is used to describe any medical treatment or intervention that has not been...
Mental Illness in Children
About 5 million children and adolescents in the U.S. suffer from a serious mental illness such as eating disorders, anxiety...
Schizoaffective disorder is a mental illness that features schizophrenia and a mood disorder, either major depression or bipolar...
Psychotic disorders are a group of serious illnesses that affect the mind. Different types of psychotic disorders include...
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension and fear characterized by symptoms such as trouble concentrating, headaches, sleep problems,...
Mental illness is any disease or condition affecting the brain that influence the way a person thinks, feels, behaves, and/or...
Sick Building Syndrome
Multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) or also referred to as sick building syndrome or environmental illness is the name given by...
Dry Mouth (Xerostomia)
Dry mouth is a common side effect of many prescription and non-prescription drugs and certain medical conditions. Symptoms of dry...
Insomnia (Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Cures)
Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of difficulty falling asleep; waking up...
Dysthymia is a less severe form of chronic depression. Symptoms and signs include insomnia, suicidal thoughts, guilt, empty...
Stress Management Techniques
Stress may be considered as any physical, chemical, or emotional factor that causes bodily or mental unrest and that may be a...
Symptoms of 12 Serious Diseases and Health Problems
Learn how to recognize early warning signs and symptoms of serious diseases and health problems, for example, chronic cough,...
Getting Pregnant (Tips for Trying to Conceive)
Trying to get conceive, or become pregnant can be challenging, frustrating, and an emotional rollercoaster for some couples. A...
ARDS (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome)
Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) is a lung condition in which trauma to the lungs leads to inflammation of the lungs,...
Anabolic steroids are synthetic substances that are related to testosterone and promote skeletal muscle growth and the...
Alzheimer's Disease Patient Caregiver Guide
Caring for a loved one or patient with Alzheimer's can become a difficult and overwhelming task at times. This guide helps...
Alzheimer's disease is a common cause of dementia. Symptoms and warning signs of Alzheimer's disease include memory loss,...
Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD) is considered a severe form of premenstrual syndrome (PMS). PMDD has also been referred...
Factitious Disorders by Proxy (Munchausen Syndrome)
Factitious disorders are a mental illness (Munchausen syndrome) in which a caregiver secretly abuses a child by faking symptoms...
The bacteria Brucella causes brucellosis, an infectious zoonotic disease in humans. Symptoms and signs include fatigue, fever,...
Burning Mouth Syndrome (BMS)
Burning mouth syndrome (BMS) is a condition that causes pain in the mouth. BMS may be caused by menopause, dry mouth or...
Compulsive gambling is a disorder that affects millions in the U.S. Symptoms and signs include a preoccupation with gambling,...
Fatigue (Symptoms, Causes, Treatment)
Fatigue can be described in various ways. Sometimes fatigue is described as feeling a lack of energy and motivation (both mental...
Vitamin D Deficiency
Vitamin D deficiency has been linked with rickets, cancer, cardiovascular disease, severe asthma in children and cognitive...
Ingredients of the drug bath salts include mephedrone, methylone, MDPV, or MDPK. Feeling high and sexually stimulated are...
Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
Cyclic vomiting syndrome is a condition in which affected individuals have severe nausea and vomiting that come in cycles....
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in Teens
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in teens is a disruption of neurocognitive functioning. Genetics contribute to...
Bullying is repeated physical or verbal aggression that involves an imbalance of power. Types of bullying include physical,...
Multiple Sclerosis Early Symptoms and Signs (Early, Body Areas Affected)
Multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms vary from person to person, and can last for days to months without periods of remission....
Lewy Body Dementia (Dementia with Lewy Bodies)
Lewy body dementia (LBD or dementia with Lewy bodies) is one the most common causes of dementia. There are two types of LBD: 1)...
Misophonia is defined as the hatred of sound. Symptoms of this condition include a negative emotional response to certain trigger...
7 Reasons You Are Tired After Surgery
Postsurgical fatigue is normal and is due to a variety of factors. Depression, stress, and anxiety may produce fatigue. Sleep...
Duck syndrome is a situation initially coined at Stanford University whereby a college student may seem to be calm on the surface...
MS (Multiple Sclerosis) vs. ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) Differences and Similarities
ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Lou Gehrig's disease) and MS (multiple sclerosis) are both diseases of the nervous system...
Morgellons disease is a rare condition causing delusions the sufferer has parasites under his or her skin. The disease has a...
Migraines and Seizures (Symptoms, Auras, Medication)
Migraines are a type of headache and seizures are the main symptom of epilepsy. Migraine headaches and seizures are two...
Thyroid Disorders Symptoms and Signs
Thyroid diseases and disorders are caused because the body either makes too much or too little thyroid hormones, which are...
Hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is a chronic skin condition that causes painful red abscesses in the groin and armpits that may...
Local ResourcesFind a local Psychiatrist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Self Care: How Can I Help My Doctor?
- Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence)
- Indigestion (Dyspepsia, Upset Stomach)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Gain
- Fatigue, Tiredness, and Lethargy
- Loss of Appetite
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Depression: Beating the Holiday Blues
- Chronic Pain
- Memory Loss
- Altered Mental Status
- Decreased Appetite
- Increased Appetite
- Difficulty Concentrating
- Low Libido
- Painful Intercourse
- Catatonia (Catatonic Behavior)
- Loss of Speech
- Unusual Behavior
- Inability to Regulate Emotions
- Mood Swings
- Lack of Facial Expressions
- Depression FAQs
- Bipolar Disorder Mania FAQs
- Paxil & Pregnancy, Possibilty of Birth Defect
- Chronotherapy - Tunes In to Body's Rhythms
- Depression - St. John's Wort
- Miscarriage - Depression Risk Increased
- Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne linked to birth defects, depression and suicide
- Michael J. Fox Has Parkinson Disease
- Thyroid and Aging - Helping to Keep the Golden Years Golden
- Diet and Women
- Depression and Women
- Caring for Someone with Alzheimer's
- Antidepressants Banned for UK Kids
- FDA Knew Antidepressant Danger to Kids
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) - Light Up The Blues
- Mental Health: Questions to Ask When Choosing a Provider and Doctor
- PTSD: Disaster Survivors Face PTSD Risk
- Teen Suicide Warning Signs
- What Is Seasonal Affective Disorder and How Is It Treated?
- What Are The Side Effects of Nortriptyline Withdrawal?
- Do Statins Cause Depression?
- Suicide Warning Signs
- 11 Common Depression Symptoms
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy - Changing the Way We Think and React
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and 9-11
- 4 Holiday Stress Management Tips
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), More Common Than You Think
- Male Menopause
- Grapefruit Juice and Drug Interactions
- Herbs: Toxicities and Drug Interactions
- Catherine Zeta-Jones: A Case of Bipolar II Disorder
- Diet and Depression: How Food Can Help with Depression Symptoms
- Lewy Body Dementia (LBD) Symptoms and Prognosis
- Stress: The Long-Term Effects
Medications & Supplements
- trazodone - oral, Desyrel
- fluoxetine - oral, Prozac, Sarafem
- bupropion - oral, Wellbutrin
- duloxetine - oral, Cymbalta
- venlafaxine sustained-release - oral, Effexor XR
- paroxetine mesylate - oral, Pexeva
- risperidone - oral, Risperdal
- mirtazapine disintegrating tablet - oral, Remeron Soltab
- escitalopram - oral, Lexapro
- citalopram - oral, Celexa
- paroxetine controlled-release - oral, Paxil CR
- risperidone disintegrating tablet - oral, Risperdal M
- mirtazapine - oral
- sertraline liquid concentrate - oral, Zoloft
- venlafaxine - oral, Effexor
- fluoxetine enteric-coated - oral, Prozac Weekly
- paroxetine suspension - oral, Paxil
- bupropion extended-release (antidepressant) - oral, Aplenzin, Wellbutrin XL
- nefazodone - oral, Serzone
- sertraline - oral, Zoloft
- bupropion sustained-release (antidepressant) - oral, Wellbutrin SR
- paroxetine - oral, Paxil
- lorazepam (Ativan)
- bupropion (Wellbutrin, Wellbutrin SR, Wellbutrin XL, Zyban, Aplenzin, Fortivo XL, Zyban)
- buspirone (Buspar)
- venlafaxine, Effexor XR (Effexor has been discontinued in the US)
- amitriptyline (Elavil, Endep)
- fluvoxamine (Luvox)
- paroxetine (Paxil, Pexeva)
- fluoxetine, Prozac, Sarafem, Prozac Weekly
- risperidone, Risperdal; Risperdal Consta, Risperdal M-TAB
- methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, Methylin, Daytrana)
- nefazodone, Serzone
- carbamazepine, Tegretol, Tegretol XR , Equetro, Carbatrol, Epitol, Teril
- Sertraline (Zoloft)
- doxepin (Sinequan and Adapin are discontinued brand in the US; Silenor)
- nortriptyline, Pamelor, Aventyl - has been discontinued in the U.S.
- trazodone (Desyrel - discontinued brand)
- lithium, Lithobid
- desipramine, Norpramin
- imipramine (Tofranil)
- valproic acid, divalproex, Depakote, Depakote Sprinkle, Depakote ER, Depakene, Depacon, Stavzor
- olanzapine, Zyprexa, Zydis, Zyprexa Relprevv
- citalopram, Celexa
- mirtazapine (Remeron, Soltab)
- montelukast, Singulair
- quetiapine (Seroquel, Seroquel XR)
- ziprasidone (Geodon)
- trimipramine (Surmontil)
- Lexapro (escitalopram)
- aripiprazole (Abilify, Abilify Maintena, Aristrada)
- MAOIs (Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors, MAOI)
- tricyclic antidepressants-oral, injection
- St. John's Wort (Hypericum perforatum)
- Turnera diffusa (Damiana)
- amitriptyline/chlordiazepoxide - oral, Limbitrol
- clomipramine (Anafranil)
- L-tryptophan (Tryptan)
- moclobemide-oral tablet
- perphenazine and amitriptyline hydrochloride (Etrafon - brand no longer available in the US)
- maprotiline - oral, Ludiomil
- Medicines that Cause Depression
- duloxetine, Cymbalta
- desvenlafaxine (Pristiq, Khedezla)
- Antidepressants (Depression Medications)
- bupropion extended release (Forfivo XL)
- vortioxetine (Trintellix - formerly known as Brintellix)
- brexpiprazole (Rexulti)
- Stimulants (ADHD)
- Anxiolytics (for Anxiety) Drug Class Side Effects
- Buspar vs. Zoloft (Differences between Side Effects and Uses)
- Lexapro vs. Wellbutrin: Differences between Side Effects and Uses
- Cymbalta vs. Wellbutrin Comparison
- Celexa vs. Cymbalta (Comparison of Differences and Similarities)
- Cymbalta (duloxetine) vs. Effexor (XR, venlafaxine) Differences in Uses, Dose, and Withdrawal
- Hydroxyzine (Vistaril) vs. buspirone (Buspar)
- Klonopin (clonazepam) vs. Zoloft (sertraline)
- Effexor XR
- Remeron SolTab
- Wellbutrin SR
- Wellbutrin XL
- Forfivo XL
Prevention & Wellness
- Healthy Food May Boost Mood
- Scientists Spot Chemical Signs of Suicidal Thoughts in Brains of Those With PTSD
- Psoriasis, Mental Ills Can Go Hand in Hand
- How to Know If Your PMS Is Something More Serious
- Many 'Gen Xers' Desolate as They Navigate Adulthood: Study
- How to Make Your Workplace a Healthier One
- Health Tip: Antidepressant Precautions
- Suicide Rates Fall When States Raise Minimum Wage: Study
- Health Tip: Managing Chronic Migraines
- Depression Plus HIV Can Turn Deadly
- Forested Counties Have Lower Medicare Costs, Study Finds
- Brain Stimulation May Soothe Severe Depression
- Fussy Baby May Raise Mom's Risk of Depression
- Why Holding a Grudge Is Bad for Your Health
- Hormonal Therapy for Prostate Cancer Might Raise Depression Risk
- Nutritional Supplements Don't Ward Off Depression: Study
- 1 in 3 Young Adults Suffers From Loneliness in U.S.
- AHA News: Top CEOs Offer Strategies to Improve Workplace Mental Health
- FDA Approves Ketamine-Like Drug for Severe Depression
- Acne Drug Accutane May Not Depress Mood After All
- Poor Health Compounds Loneliness in Seniors
- Long Work Weeks May Be Depressing, Especially for Women
- Insomnia May Be in Your Genes
- Health Tip: Beat the Winter Blues
- Fewer U.S. Doctor Are Facing Burnout
- Playing to Your Strengths
- FDA Panel Backs Ketamine-like Drug for Depression
- Does PTSD Really Harm Veterans' Hearts?
- Counseling Can Prevent Pregnancy-Related Depression: Task Force
- Health Tip: Caregiving After Stroke
- Global Rate of Suicide Deaths Is on the Decline
- In West Virginia, Few Opioid OD Survivors Get Good Follow-Up Care: Study
- Could Germs in Your Gut Send You Into Depression?
- Health Tip: Recognizing Signs of Depression in Teens
- Internet Craze Highlighted in Super Bowl Ad
- Scientists Spot Genes Tied to Being a Night or Morning Person
- Moms, Are You Victims of 'Invisible Labor'?
- Is Air Pollution a Downer?
- Type 2 Diabetes Before 40 Tied to Mental Illness Hospitalizations
- Simple Treatments to Banish Winter Blues
- Social Support Key to Good Mental Health After Stroke: Study
- Millennials' Odds for Depression Rise With Social Media Use
- Listen Up! Hearing Loss Tied to Late-Life Depression
- Social Media Tied to Depression in Teens, Especially Girls
- Health Tip: Risk Factors for Depression After Pregnancy
- Loneliness Doesn't Take a Holiday
- Head to the Movies, Museums to Keep Depression at Bay
- The Link Between Social Media and Depression
- 3 in 4 Americans Struggle With Loneliness
- Many Say Ketamine Eased Their Depression, But Is It Safe?
- Don't Send Report Cards Home on This Day
- Docs Should Screen for Depression During, After Pregnancy
- Certain Female Vets May Face Higher Dementia Risk
- More Are Seeking Mental Health Care, But Not Always Those Who Need It Most
- Brexit Had Brits Turning to Antidepressants: Study
- Mental Health Help Becoming Less of a Stigma in Military
- Health Tip: What Causes Memory Loss?
- Stimulating One Brain Area May Ease Tough-to-Treat Depression
- Depression Is a Risk for Teens, Adults With Epilepsy
- All That Social Media May Boost Loneliness, Not Banish It
- Concussion Tied to Suicide Risk
- PTSD Patients Do Best When They Choose Their Treatment
- Colleges Strain to Keep Up With Students' Mental Health Concerns
- Anti-Seizure Drug May Be New Weapon Against Depression
- Stigma of Autism Can Take Toll on Psyche
- Ketamine Being Used as Unapproved Treatment for Depression
- Michael Phelps Champions the Fight Against Depression
- Facebook Posts May Hint at Depression
- Sexual Assault Has Long-Term Mental, Physical Impact
- 'Hangry' May Be More Than Just a State of Mind
- Gender 'Nonconformity' Takes Mental Toll on Teens
- Regular Bedtime Might Be Key to Better Health
- 1 in 3 College Freshmen Faces Mental Health Woes
- Sexual Violence Haunts Women for Years
- Many Who Battle Cancer Stay Strong Mentally
- 'On-Again, Off-Again' Relationships May Be More Trouble Than They're Worth
- Soldiers' Suicide Attempts Often Come Without Prior Mental Health Diagnosis
- U.S. Deaths From Suicide, Drugs Surpass Diabetes
- Is a Haywire Body Clock Tied to Mood Disorders?
- Magnetic Stimulation Device Approved to Treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Exercise Really Can Chase Away the Blues … to a Point
- Opioid Addicts Turning to Unapproved Antidepressant to Get High
- Could a Blood Test Help Spot Severe Depression?
- Media Reports of Celeb Suicides May Trigger 'Copycat' Tragedies
- Treating Depression May Prevent Repeat Heart Attack
- The Right Lighting Can Calm Alzheimer's Patients
- Supportive Managers Key When a Worker Is Depressed
- Green Spaces a Mental Balm for City Dwellers
- Is Depression During Pregnancy on the Rise?
- Neurological Fallout From Ebola Infection Worse Than Thought
- When Parents Do Time, Kids Pay the Price
- Just 1 in 4 Americans Gets Enough Exercise
- Massive Study Finds Same Genes Drive Many Psychiatric Conditions
- America's Poor Are Less Happy Than Ever: Study
- Know the Signs of Postpartum Depression
- Are Your Meds Making You Depressed?
- Crisis Hotline Activity Jumps After Spade and Bourdain Suicides
- Depression, Money Woes Higher in Heart Patients With Job Loss
- U.S. Suicide Rates on the Rise
- Snubbed on Social Media? Your Depression Risk May Rise
- Never Ignore Depression
- Kate Spade Suffered From Anxiety and Depression, But No Warning Signs of Suicide, Husband Says
- Study Finds Abortion Doesn't Lead to Depression
- Study Affirms What Many Know: Antidepressants May Lead to Weight Gain
- A Lonely Heart Poses a Big Health Risk
- Conception Tougher for Couples When Male Partner Is Depressed
- Fewer Money Worries Can Pay Off in Better Health
- Depression Striking More Young People Than Ever
- Depression May Dampen Memory
- Too Much Social Media May Harm a Woman's Body Image
- Scientists Pinpoint Dozens of Genes That Increase Risk of Depression
- Exercise Your Blues Away
- Meditation Can Soothe the Anxious Soul in Just One Session
- Early and Quick Turnaround Deployments Increase U.S. Soldiers' Suicide Risk: Study
- Ketamine Nasal Spray Shows Promise Against Depression, Suicide
- Telltale Clues That Your Child Is Depressed
- Did 2016 Election Unleash OCD in the USA?
- Here's Another Reason to Not Marry Your Cousin
- When 'Nest Egg' Vanishes, Death Risk Rises
- Many Grad Students Struggle With Anxiety, Depression
- Abandoning Your Workouts May Bring on the Blues
- Depression Could Be a Risk Factor for A-Fib: Study
- Nightmares Common Among U.S. Troops, But Seldom Reported
- Too Much Facebook, Instagram Could Be Tough on Girls
- Wounded Combat Vets Face Increased Risk for High Blood Pressure
- Opioid ODs Outpacing Other 'Deaths of Despair'
- Great Recession of 2008 Triggered More Than Financial Woes
- 1 in 20 Younger Women Suffers Major Depression
- Heart-Healthy 'DASH' Diet May Also Help Lower Depression Risk
- One Key Factor Raises Gay and Lesbian Teens' Suicide Risk
- Hormonal Birth Control Won't Raise Depression Risk: Study
- Screen Teens For Depression Annually, Docs Say
- Antidepressants Do Work, Some Better Than Others: Study
- Depression Common in U.S., Women Hit Hardest
- No Proof At-Home 'Cranial Stimulation' Eases Depression
- Many With Depression Delay, Avoid Treatment
- Women Seem More Prone to Winter Blues
- Hormone Therapy May Ease Depression Linked to Menopause
- Millennials Increasingly Strive for Perfection
- Discrimination Affects More Than Just the Victims
- Feeling Sad? Here's How to Beat the Holiday Blues
- How to Perk Up the Holidays for Hospital Patients
- If Dad Has Depression, Kids Might Develop It, Too
- Psychedelic Amazonian Drug Might Ease Symptoms of Depression, Alcoholism
- Help for Seasonal Depression
- Surgical Residents Prime Candidates for Stress, Depression, Alcohol Abuse
- More Evidence That Depression Shortens Lives
- Can 'Magic Mushrooms' Kick-Start Depression Treatment?
- Moving Just 1 Hour a Week May Curb Depression Risk
- Health Tip: Do You Need Psychological Therapy?
- Can You 'Om' Your Way to a Healthy Heart?
- Postpartum Depression Likely to Recur With Future Pregnancies
- Cancer Patients May Have Undiagnosed Depression
- Asthma Drug Tied to Nightmares, Depression
- Lady Gaga's Fibromyalgia Puts Illness in the Spotlight
- Youth Football Ups Odds of Brain Problems in Adulthood
- HIV and Smoking a Lethal Combo for the Lungs
- Women More Likely Than Men to Lose Sex Spark
- Surgery Can Be Trigger for Teen Opioid Abuse
- Suicidal Thoughts More Common for Transgender Youth
- Young Americans Lead Rise in Suicide Attempts
- Does Mother's Mental Health Affect Pregnancy?
- Managing Pain Can Be a Puzzle After Breast Cancer
- Hurricanes May Have Longer-Lasting Impact on Kids
- ER Visits for These 3 Health Woes Don't Have to Happen
- Magnetic Brain Stimulation May Quiet 'Voices' in Schizophrenia
- Mom-to-Be's Antidepressants Tied to Kids' Psychiatric Woes
- No Easy Road Back for Ebola Survivors
- Can a Digital Doctor Help You Sleep?
- Health Tip: Suggestions for New Moms
- Pediatricians Sound Alarm on Rapid Weight Changes in Young Athletes
- Suicide a Danger for Some Women During Pregnancy: Study
- Many Parents Not Happy With Later School Start Times
- Google Search for 'Depression' Now Brings Testing
- Parents Worried About Cyberbullies as School Starts Up
- Cyberbullying Weighs Heavily on Young People
- More Support for Tight Blood Pressure Control
- Are Depressed Teens Prone to Violence?
- Close Friendships in High School Make for Happier Adults
- Meditation's Soothing Effects
- U.S. Antidepressant Use Jumps 65 Percent in 15 Years
- Smoking on the Rise Among Pregnant Women With Depression
- When Stress Hormone Falters, Your Health May Suffer
- Singing May Be Good Medicine for Parkinson's Patients
- Therapy for Kids With Autism Pays Off for Moms, Dads
- Does Early Puberty Affect a Girl's Academic Achievement?
- Can Video Game Playing Cost You Gray Matter?
- Health Tip: If You're a Caregiver
- Instagram Photos May Offer Snapshot of Mental Health
- Yoga May Help Ease Depression
- Is Infant Drug Withdrawal Likelier When Opioids Used With Psychiatric Drugs?
- Too Soon to Widely Recommend Ketamine for Depression
- Eczema Can Take a Toll on Adults
- Estrogen May Influence Women's Depression Risk
- Losing Medicaid Tough on People Battling Depression: Study
- Antidepressants in Pregnancy Tied to Slight Increase in Autism
- Women Driven to Be Thinner When Husband Is Hot
- Create Your Own Quit-Smoking Plan
- No Sign That Antidepressants in Pregnancy Harm Kids' Brains: Study
- Med Switch Not Always Best Choice With Tough Depression
- Dying May Not Be as Awful an Experience as You Think
- Sleep Problems: An Early Warning Sign of Alzheimer's?
- Take A New View of Yoga
- Reaching Beyond the Prescription Pad to Treat Pain
- Lack of Health Insurance Can Shorten Lives: Study
- Depression May Worsen Health for Cancer Caregivers
- Concussion in High School Doesn't Boost Depression Risk: Study
- More Americans Are Walking for Exercise
- No Emergency Medical Help for Third Overdose: Ohio Councilman
- Poor Sleep May Worsen Suicidal Thoughts
- Electric Brain Stimulation No Better Than Meds For Depression: Study
- Consider Acupuncture for Incontinence, Not Certain Infertility Cases
- Persistent Stress May Hasten Death in Heart Patients
- Health Tip: Exercise During Menopause
- When Is an Opioid Safe to Take?
- Depressed Back Pain Patients Often Get Opioids
- Severe Headaches Plague Vets With Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Cocaine, Other Drugs Detected in Carrie Fisher's System After Her Death
- Why Yoga, Tai Chi and Meditation Are Good for You
- Nearly 10 Million U.S. Adults Suffer From Mental Illness
- Depression Can Slow Hospital Patients' Recovery: Study
- Birth Control Pills Recalled Due to Danger of Unintended Pregnancy
- Antidepressants During Pregnancy Safe for Baby: Study
- Overweight Kids Pay a Heavy Social Price
- Could U.S. Election Results Be Harmful to Health?
- Chronic Pain Common in Adults With Depression, Anxiety
- Health Tip: Stress-Busting Tips for Caregivers
- Do You Have 'Social Jet Lag?'
- Conquering One Big Cancer Side Effect: Fear
- What You Need to Know About Antidepressants
- Loneliness May Lead to Sleepless Nights
- Can Online Treatment Replace Your Therapist?
- 'Making the Best of It': Families Face the Heavy Burden of Alzheimer's
- Transgender People Report More Health Problems
- Autism's 'Worryingly' High Suicide Rates Spur Conference
- Alzheimer's Deaths Jump 55 Percent: CDC
- Suicide Risk Quadruples After Lung Cancer Diagnosis
- Health Tip: Don't Take Stress to Bed
- Heavy Kids Face Triple the Odds for Depression in Adulthood
- Yoga, Meditation May Ease Some Breast Cancer Symptoms
- Women Aren't Better at Reading People's Faces After All
- Shift Work May Put Damper on a Man's Sex Life
- Could Tai Chi Ease Insomnia in Breast Cancer Survivors?
- Poverty May Be More Stressful for Women Than Men
- Wives, Daughters Shoulder Most of Alzheimer's Care Burden
- Do You Overeat? Your Brain Wiring May Be Why
- Bullied in 5th Grade, Prone to Drug Abuse by High School
- Is Early Puberty in Girls a Risk Factor for Dating Abuse?
- Reasons Why Parents Should Be Wary of '13 Reasons Why'
- Teen Suicide Thoughts, Self-Harm Cases Double in a Decade
- Mental Health Myths Abound in the U.S.
- Heart Failure, Job Loss May Be Deadly Combo
- Depression's Gender Gap Shows Up in Pre-Teen Years
- Are Smartphones Helping or Harming Kids' Mental Health?
- Psychiatric Scars of Wartime Brain Injury May Linger for Years
- Happy Mom Means Less Colicky Baby
- Is Your Child Using Drugs?
- Opioid Use by Iraq, Afghanistan War Vets Mirrors Rest of U.S.: Study
- Health Tip: When Kids Feel Anxious
- Cleaning, Greening Vacant Lots May Help Fight Crime
- Love Chocolate? Potato Chips? Your Genes Might Be to Blame
- Second Cancers Deadlier for Younger People: Study
- Studies Question Link Between Mom's Antidepressant Use, Autism in Kids
- Prince Harry's Journey Shows Grief Can Be a Long Road
- Early School Start Times Tough on Teens
- New Bowel Disorder Treatments Needed, FDA Says
- Anxious? Distressed? You're Not Alone
- 1st Drug for Tardive Dyskinesia Approved
- Many Opioid Addictions Surface After Surgery, Study Finds
- Past Psychiatric Ills Don't Raise Alzheimer's Risk: Study
- These 5 Life Skills Can Boost Your Odds of Well-Being
- Club Drug 'Poppers' May Pose Eye Dangers
- For Some, Too Much Sweat Takes Emotional Toll
- Good Sleep Does Get Tougher With Age
- Health Tip: Too Much Exercise Isn't Good Either
- The Highs and Lows of Teens' Instagram Use
- Sexual Abuse May Cause Early Puberty in Girls: Study
- Self-Harm Can Be a Harbinger of Suicide
- Climate Change May Cloud Americans' Mental Health: Report
- Tanning's Allure Tied to Other Addictions
- More Than 300 Million People Worldwide Have Depression: WHO
- Trauma as a Teen May Boost Depression Risk Around Menopause
- More Older Women Hitting the Bottle Hard
- Exercise a Great Prescription to Help Older Hearts
- Suicide Often Leaves Mental, Physical Woes in Surviving Spouse
- Prostate Cancer Treatments Have Varying Side Effects, Study Shows
- Drugs for Prostate Trouble, Balding Not Linked to Suicide Risk
- Steroid Shots Offer No Long-Term Relief for Low-Back Pain
- Drinking, Drug Abuse Doubles Veterans' Suicide Risk: Study
- Stress Buster: Sounds of Nature
- Blood Test Might Someday Distinguish Early Depression, Schizophrenia
- Can Supplements Ward Off the 'Baby Blues'?
- Sinus Trouble Can Lead to Depression, Lost Work
- Refugees Deserve Health Care, Compassion, U.S. Pediatricians Say
- Depression May Hasten Death in Years After Heart Diagnosis
- Hold That Pose: Yoga May Ease Tough Depression
- Health Highlights: March 7, 2017
- Disabled Kids at Higher Risk of Abuse, Study Finds
- Patients Often Reject Drug-Only Psychiatric Treatment
- What Guides Docs' Sleeping Pill Picks? 'Same Old Same Old,' Study Says
- Can Depression Up Odds for Arthritis Linked to Psoriasis?
- As Pot Legalization Advances, Pediatricians Warn of Dangers
- As Trump Rolls Back Transgender Bathroom Rights . . .
- How the Neanderthal in Your Genes Affects Your Health
- Study Links Psychiatric Disorders to Stroke Risk
- Bleeding Strokes Take Heavy Toll on Brain
- After Stroke, 'Blue' Light May Help Beat the Blues
- FDA Approves Injectable Psoriasis Drug for Tough Cases
- Post-Menopausal? Give Exercise a Try
- Hey Fellas, Depression Can Strike New Dads, Too
- 'Love Hormone' Helps Dads and Babies Bond
- Dealing With Diabetes Distress
- Screen Time and Teen Time
- Tiny Babies May Face Mental Health Problems Later
- Some Partners Need Extra Loving This Valentine's Day
- Divorce May Shrink an Older Woman's Waistline…
- Opioids and Alcohol a Dangerous Cocktail
- West Virginia Distributing More Than 8,000 Opioid Antidote Kits
- For Kids, Regular Exercise Seems to Put Depression on the Run
- Better Sleep Could Mean Better Sex for Older Women
- Parents of Kids With Heart Defects Face PTSD Risk: Study
- Sleepless Nights Linked to Asthma Later in Life
- Check Your Neck for Thyroid Abnormalities
- Depression Often Untreated in Dialysis Patients
- Mental Health May Affect Chances Against Cancer
- Unlocking the Secrets of the Love Hormone Kisspeptin
- Does 'Juvy' Confinement Jeopardize Long-Term Health?
- Many With Mental Illness Miss Out on HIV Tests
- Forward-Thinking Tips for Back Pain
- U.S. Report Cites the Good and Bad on Marijuana
- Could Mom's Pre-Pregnancy Blood Pressure Predict Baby's Gender?
- 'Chemo Brain' Lasts for Months in Many Breast Cancer Survivors
- Exercise: An Antidote for Behavioral Issues in Students?
- Men Don't Know About Risks to Fertility, Survey Finds
- Diabetes Takes Biggest Bite Out of U.S. Health Care Spending
- Exercise May Be Real Medicine for Parkinson's Disease
- Innovative Programs Help Addicts Get Off Opioids
- Serious Yoga Injuries, Though Rare, Are on the Rise
- Sometimes the Holidays Aren't Always Jolly
- Troubling Trend: Depression Rates Rising in Teens
- Subway Surveillance Video Provides Clues to Suicidal Behavior
- Women Denied an Abortion Endure Mental Health Toll: Study
- A Lengthy, Stable Marriage May Boost Stroke Survival
- Beating Breast Cancer But Still Paying a Price
- More Than 1 in 10 Pilots Suffer From Depression, Survey Finds
- The Happy Get Lucky in Their Older Years
- 1 in 6 U.S. Adults Takes a Psychiatric Drug: Study
- Most Teen Smokers Also Turn to Alcohol, Drugs, Study Finds
- Alcohol Can Be a Risky Guest at Holiday Parties
- Loneliness May Sabotage Breast Cancer Survival: Study
- Study Sees Link Between Insomnia, Asthma
- For Heart Attack Survivors, a Risk of Suicide?
- Optimism May Propel Women to a Longer Life
- Medical School Can Be an Emotional Pressure-Cooker
- Excess Sweating Can Be a Drenching, Wrenching Burden
- Attempted Suicide Rates in U.S. Remain Unchanged
- 'Magic Mushroom' Chemical Eases Cancer Patients' Despair
- 2 Out of 3 Depressed Teens Gain Lasting Benefits From Therapy
- Demi Lovato Wants to Change the Face of Mental Illness
- Scans Show Changes in Some Soldiers With Mild Brain Injuries
- 'Enthusiastic' Dads May Mean Less Troubled Kids: Study
- 1 in 7 Young Teens Is a Stalking Victim: Survey
- Sexism Could Harm Men's Health: Study
- Depressed Women Less Likely to Get Best Breast Cancer Care: Study
- Teen 'Choking Game' Played Solo Points to Suicide Risks
- Neighborhoods May Be Key to Teens' Mental Well-Being
- Health Tip: Thinking About Psychological Therapy?
- Depression on the Rise Among U.S. Teens, Especially Girls
- Germs on Smartphones Yield Clues to Owners' Lifestyles
- PTSD May Affect Boys, Girls Differently, Brain Scans Show
- Most Elderly Smokers Don't Use Anti-Smoking Meds After Heart Attack
- Smartphones May Hinder a Good Night's Sleep
- Self-Harm a Cause of Death During Pregnancy and for New Moms
- Sunday's Time Change Offers a Mixed Bag
- Could Loneliness Be an Early Sign of Alzheimer's?
- Menopause and a Decline in Intimacy
- Heavy Drinking While Young May Mean Hefty Health Tab Later
- Got a Moody Teen? Lack of Sleep May Not Be the Culprit
- Be Alert for PTSD After Pregnancy Loss
- Opioid Overdoses Have Nearly Tripled Among Kids, Teens
- FDA Warns of Dangers From Testosterone Supplements
- Can Teens' Heart Rate, Blood Pressure Show Ties to Mental Ills?
- High Rate of Antidepressant Use After Cancer
- Bullied Teen's Suicide Didn't Spur Copycat Attempts: Study
- Foster Kids Face Higher Risk of Health Problems: Study
- U.S. Psychiatric Patients Face Long Waits in ERs
- Mom-to-Be's Antidepressant Use May Be Tied to Speech Issues in Child
- Inhaled Version of Parkinson's Drug May Help Keep Symptoms at Bay
- Are Some Blood Pressure Meds Linked to Depression, Bipolar Risk?
- Fitful Sleep May Take Toll on Older Women's Hearts
- Depression Can Fuel Heart Disease in Midlife Women: Study
- What Twins Are Teaching the Rest of Us
- Delaying Breast Reconstruction After Cancer May Raise Patients' Anxiety
- Some Doctors Swayed by Political Beliefs
- Knowing Their Breast Cancer Risk May Empower Teens
- 'Entitled' People May Be Pursuing an Unhappy Path
- Hot Flashes, Mood Woes?
- 'The Pill' May Raise Depression Risk
- Health Tip: Health Risks of Childhood Obesity
- Ketamine May Treat Migraine, Chronic Pain
- High Utility Bills Strain More Than the Budget
- Doctors Often Neglect Their Own Mental Health
- Homeless, Mentally Ill Youth Benefit From Housing Program
- Always Feeling Lonely? Maybe It's in Your DNA
- The Phenomenon of Sleep Paralysis
- Exercise Speeds Seniors' Recovery From Disability
- 23 Plans Earn Top Mark in Health Insurance Ratings
- Shedding Light on Low Male Libido
- 2 of 3 Parents Want Schools to Expand Health Education
- What Is Kratom? Why Does the DEA Want to Ban It?
- Internet Addiction May Be Red Flag for Other Mental Health Issues: Study
- Suicide Can Strike Children as Young as 5: Study
- Codeine Not Safe for Kids, Pediatricians Warn
- Nearly 10 Million U.S. Adults Considered Suicide Last Year
- Antidepressant Might Prevent Depression Following Brain Injury
- Facebook Bullying Can Cause Depression
- New Approach Helps Ease Teens' Stubborn Concussion Symptoms
- Seniors Not Scared of Social Media After All
- Know the Warning Signs of Suicidal Thoughts
- Early Palliative Care Improves Patients' Quality of Life
- Something to 'Like' About Facebook
- Stroke Survivors Often Struggle With Depression
- More U.S. Adults Using Marijuana Than Ever
- Many Depressed Adults Not Getting Treatment: Study
- Senior Years May Truly Be Golden for Happiness
- Unhappy at Work in Your 20s, Unhealthy in Your 40s?
- Depression Common After Time Spent in ICU
- Study Finds Links Between Chronic Pain, Depression in Couples
- Gay, Lesbian Teens More Likely to Suffer Rapes, Attacks: CDC
- Depression Can Stalk Families Through Generations
- U.S. Maternal Death Rate Is Rising
- Body Acceptance Rises for Women
- Stressed Dads Can Affect Kids' Development
- Scientists Spot 15 Regions of Human DNA Linked to Depression
- Could Slight Brain Zap During Sleep Boost Memory?
- Eczema's Effects More Than Skin Deep
- Family Lifestyles May Be as Important to Health as Genes
- Deep Brain Stimulation Tested for Early Alzheimer's
- Does Dementia Diagnosis Have Silver Lining for Some?
- Study of Teen Brains Offers Clues to Timing of Mental Illness
- Bipolar Diagnosis May Take Up to 6 Years
- 'Managing' Elderly Patients Without Powerful Antipsychotics
- Could New 'Talk Therapy' Cut Cost of Treating Depression?
- Women May Be More Resilient to Effects of Alzheimer's Genes
- Behavior Changes May Be First Signs of Alzheimer's
- Menopause: Not All Hot Flashes Are Created Equal
- Making Sense of Senseless Violence
- More Older Americans Cared for at Home
- Antidepressant No Help to Heart Failure Patients: Study
- Depression Strikes Nearly 3 Million U.S. Teens a Year
- FAQ: What Is Early-Onset Alzheimer's Disease?
- Does Medical Marijuana Reduce Need for Other Meds?
- New Drug Eases Huntington's Disease Symptoms: Study
- Exercise May Help Ease Adult ADHD Symptoms
- Jobs With the Highest Suicide Rates
- Memory Loss: Normal or a Sign of Trouble?
- 3 Treatments Seem to Help Combat Binge-Eating Disorder
- Antidepressant No Help to Heart Failure Patients: Study
- Health Risks Higher for LGBT Community
- Hovering Parents May Harm Kids
- Looks-Conscious Teens Trying Risky Supplements
- Fiber: The Rx for Disease-Free Aging
- Tighter Opioid Laws in U.S. Haven't Eased Misuse
- Long Work Hours May Hurt Your Health
- Job Hunting? Maybe a Therapist Can Help
- Depression Plagues Many With COPD
- Painkiller That Killed Prince Part of Dangerous Wave of New Synthetic Drugs
- 1 in 13 Young Adults in U.S. Considered Suicide in Past Year
- Clashes at Nursing Homes Not Uncommon
- Strategies That Work to Help Prevent Suicides
- Childhood Sleep Guidelines Vary by Age
- Kids Gain From More 'Dad Time'
- Are 'Workaholics' Prone to OCD, Anxiety?
- 'Hidden' Brain Injury a Challenge for Military Doctors
- Study Questions Use of Antidepressants for Children, Teens
- Health Tip: Recognizing Low Self-Esteem
- Women More Prone to Anxiety Than Men, Review Finds
- For Refugee Children, Support Breeds Success
- Health Tip: Get Enough Sleep
- ADHD Meds May Pose Heart Risks for Some Kids
- Scans Spot Brain Region That Misfires in Depressed People
- Predeployment Riskiest Time for Military Suicide Attempts
- 'Fat Shaming' Begins in First Grade
- Antidepressants Not Just for Depression Any More
- Tai Chi: Rx for Arthritic Knees
- Pain, Epilepsy Drug Lyrica May Increase Birth Defects Risk, Study Suggests
- Early Palliative Care Seems to Help Caregivers, Too
- Scientists Test 'Magic Mushroom' Chemical for Tough-to-Treat Depression
- Health Tip: Boost Your Mood
- Devout Women May Enjoy Better Health
- Could Inducing Brief, Mild 'Fever' Help Ease Depression?
- Young Children With Sleep Apnea May Face Learning Difficulties: Study
- Lithium Beats Newer Meds for Bipolar Disorder, Study Finds
- Depression Strikes, Stays With Many Caregivers of Critically Ill
- Meditation May Sharpen Memory
- Can the Anesthetic Ketamine Ease Suicidal Thoughts?
- Depressive Episode May Not Always Follow Mania in Bipolar Disorder
- Common Meds and Dementia: How Strong Is the Link?
- Fatty Foods, Drowsy Days
- Even Non-Obese Report Better Mood, Sex Drive After Dieting
- Nuplazid Approved for Parkinson's Hallucinations
- Health Tip: Focus on the Positive
- Seniors' Worsening Depression May Sometimes Predict Dementia
- More U.S. Kids Have Chronic Health Problems: Study
- Obamacare Buyers Could Have Fewer Choices in 2017
- 'You've Got Cancer' Can Take Devastating Mental Toll
- Mindfulness Therapy May Help Ease Recurrent Depression
- Type 2 Diabetes May Damage Hearing, Study Finds
- Sleep Doesn't Come Easy to Those With Brain Injuries
- Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplements Might Boost Antidepressants' Effects
- Young Gay, Bisexual Men May Be at Higher Risk for Suicide, Study Finds
- FDA Proposes Ban on 'Shock' Device Used to Curb Self-Harm
- New Guidelines Issued on Breast, Genital Plastic Surgery for Teen Girls
- No Link Between Anti-Smoking Drugs, Mental Health Issues: Study
- U.S. Suicide Rate Up 24 Percent Since 1999: CDC
- Talk Therapy May Help Depressed Teens Who Shun Antidepressants
- Many U.S. Adults Think Kids' Health Is Worse Today
- Doctors Issue Call to Combat Climate Change
- 'Palliative Care' Gets a Bad Rap, Study Finds
- Depression More Common in Kids Who Join Gangs, Study Finds
- Depression Common for Heart Attack Survivors, And More May Need Help
- Study Links Green Spaces to Longer Lives for Women
- Health Tip: Getting Your Beauty Sleep
- How to Talk to Your Teen
- Teen Girls More Stressed Than Boys: Survey
- Severe Depression Linked to Dementia in Seniors
- ER Screenings Could Help Prevent Suicide: Study
- Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer Tied to Depression
- Sleepy Teens Are Risk-Taking Teens
- Treating Depression Might Help Stem Heart Woes: Study
- Sleepless Nights Linked to Brain Changes in Study
- Pediatricians Vary Widely in Diagnosing ADHD, Depression
- Genes May Link Risks for Pot Use, Depression
- How to Tell If Your Teen Has a Mental Health Problem
- Health Tip: Fighting Stress
- Brain Stimulation May Help People With Anorexia
- Pets Help Homeless Youth, Study Finds
- Could Lots of Time Spent on Social Media Be Tied to Depression?
- Many Kidney Transplant Patients Land in ER Within 2 Years: Study
- Depression Tied to Worse Outcomes for Heart Patients
- Study Finds No Heart Risk From SSRI Antidepressants
- 1 in 6 Seniors Takes Dangerous Combos of Meds, Supplements: Study
- Young Transgender Women May Face Mental Health Woes
- Women Who've Battled Postpartum Depression Often Limit Family Size
- Neighborhood Rats as Depressing as Crime, Study Finds
- Psychological Disorders Affect 1 in 7 U.S. Kids Under 9: CDC
- Anxiety, Depression May Reduce Women's Success With IVF: Study
- Genetic Tests May Not Change People's Unhealthy Ways
- Still Tired After Getting Your Zzz's? You Might Have Sleep Apnea
- Could Too Much Cellphone Time Signal Anxiety, Depression?
- Many Cancer Survivors Struggle to Make Ends Meet
- Short Men, Heavy Women at Lifelong Disadvantage?
- Most Pediatricians Don't Ask About Mom's Depression
- Stress of Caring for Sick Spouse May Raise Stroke Risk
- Sleep Apnea May Take Toll on Your Mood, Thinking Skills
- Cyberbullying, Violence Linked to PTSD in Teens
- Are Women the Key to Unlocking Alzheimer's?
- Alzheimer's Risk: Do You Want to Know?
- Feeling Old? Your Risk for Hospitalization May Rise
- Health Tip: Supporting a Child Who Struggles With Anxiety
- For Transgender Kids, Support Is Key to Emotional Well-Being
- Parents' Depression, Anxiety May Contribute to Kids' Fussy Eating
- Risk of Preemie Birth May Rise for Depressed Parents-to-Be
- Testosterone Therapy May Boost Sex Drive in Older Men ...
- Lasting Damage Seen in LGBT Teens Who Suffer Harassment
- Do the Seasons Affect How We Think?
- Poor REM Sleep May Be Linked to Higher Risk for Anxiety, Depression
- Doctors Should Screen Teens for Major Depression, U.S. Task Force Says
- Depression May Boost Seniors' Risk for Heart Disease, Stroke
- Parent's Depression May Harm Child's Grades, Study Finds
- When Seniors Stop Driving, Poorer Health May Be a Passenger
- Many Depressed Teens Don't Get Follow-Up Care
- Exercise: Is More Always Better?
- Did Studies Lack Key Data on Link Between Antidepressants, Youth Suicides?
- Study Finds No Proof of 'Seasonal' Depression
- Wearable Electric Patch May Ease PTSD
- Prenatal Antidepressant Use Not Linked to Infant Heart Defects: Study
- Depression Screening Should Include All Pregnant, Postpartum Women: Panel
- Screen Nursing Home Residents for B12 Deficiency: Researchers
- Exercise May Lower Heart Disease Risk in Depressed People: Study
- Gender Wage Gap Linked to Depression and Anxiety: Study
- Can Early Menopause Trigger Depression Later in Life?
- Health Tip: Dealing With Feelings of Loneliness
- Health Tip: Stave Off the Holiday Blues
- Certain Antidepressants May Be Linked to Bipolar Disorder: Study
- Antidepressants in Pregnancy May Raise Autism Risk, Study Suggests
- Ways to Beat the Holiday Blues
- Depression May Be Tied to Lower Breast Cancer Survival
- Bullying Can Leave Lasting Mental Scars
- More Than a Quarter of New Doctors May Be Depressed
- Talk Therapy, Antidepressants Offer Similar Results for Major Depression
- New Type of Antidepressant Shows Promise in Early Trial
- Safe to Take Antidepressants With Tamoxifen: Study
- Screen All Kids for Cholesterol, Depression and HIV, Pediatricians' Group Says
- After Concussion Symptoms Fade, Slowed Blood Flow in Brain May Persist
- Crave Coffee Too Much? Talk Therapy May Help
- Could Your 'Holiday Blues' Be Seasonal Affective Disorder?
- Constant Traffic Noise May Boost Depression Risk
- Depression More Common in Daughters of Older Mothers, Study Suggests
- Type 2 Diabetes Drug Helps Some With Chronic Depression: Study
- Light Box Might Help Nonseasonal Depression, Too
- Depressed Black Americans May Be at Risk for Heart Woes
- Leading Doctors' Group Wants to Ban Prescription Drug Ads
- Computer-Based Psychotherapy Not as Effective as Standard Care
- Heart Transplant Mental Toll May Be Greater for Women
- Talk Therapy May Beat Light Treatment for SAD: Study
- The Physically Active Less Prone to Post-Heart Attack Depression
- Frequent Self-Weighing by Young Women Linked to Depression
- Omega 3 Supplements Don't Help With Depression: Review
- Online Psychotherapy May Help Some With Emotional Problems
- Sleep Patterns May Affect a Woman's Diabetes Risk
- Why More Painkiller Addicts Are Using Heroin, Too
- Bullied Teens Face Roadblocks to Mental Health Services
- Magnetic Brain Stimulation Offers Promise for Stroke Victims: Study
- Stereotypes Can Hurt a Patient's Care
- Relax, Parents, Your Teen's Moodiness Should Subside, Study Finds
- Prescription Painkiller Abuse Rate Down, But Many Are Addicted: Study
- Talk Therapy for Depression: FAQ
- Face-to-Face Contact May Beat Email, Phone for Staving Off Depression
- Depression Adds to Burden of Alzheimer's Caregivers, Study Finds
- This Treatment May Help Depression in Older People
- 'Placebo Effect' Might Help Predict Response to Depression Treatment
- Could Your Cellphone Be Harming Your Love Life?
- Psoriasis, Depression Often Go Hand in Hand: Study
- Gene Tied to Adult Depression After Childhood Abuse
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Risk of Depression
- Antidepressants Top Treatment Choice for Severe PMS: Researchers
- Vraylar Approved for Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Antidepressant Paxil Isn't Safe for Teens, New Analysis Says
- Brain Scans May Take Guesswork Out of Schizophrenia Treatment
- Constant Social Media Presence May Jeopardize Teens' Mental Health
- Could Eating Fish Help Ward Off Depression?
- Forgiveness May Boost Older Women's Moods
- Mentally Ill Inmates Prone to Violence After Release: Study
- Could All Work and No Play Kill You?
- Many Teens With Chronic Illnesses Use Alcohol, Pot
- Many Say Mental Health Care Is Vital, But Often Tough to Get
- 'Goth' Teens Report More Depression, Self-Harm
- Psoriasis Linked to Higher Risk of Depression
- Can What You Eat Affect Your Mental Health?
- Video Games Linked to Aggression, Psychologists' Group Says
- Family Struggles May Affect Boys' Brain Development
- Neglecting Teen Health May Lead to Bigger Problems as Adults
- Antidepressants During Pregnancy Have Benefits, Risks: Study
- Could Too Many Refined Carbs Make You Depressed?
- Mindfulness Therapy Might Help Ease PTSD
- FAQ: Kids and Picky Eating
- Severe 'Picky Eating' May Point to Mental Health Issues in Kids
- Social Life May Be Key to Suicide Prevention for Women
- Taking St. John's Wort for Depression Carries Risks: Study
- Expert Panel Recommends Questionnaire to Help Spot Depression
- Health Tip: Protect Your Heart From Stress and Depression
- Psychiatric Woes Often Drive Euthanasia Requests in Belgium
- Transgender Youth Don't Have Hormone Abnormalities
- Well-Off, Active, Over 50? You May Be at Higher Risk for Problem Drinking
- Loneliness May Fuel Mental Decline in Old Age
- Mental Illness Afflicts Many Juveniles in Jail
- Childhood Stress May Spur Weight Gain in Women
- Daily Smartphone Use Might Offer Clues to Depression
- Antidepressant, Painkiller Combo May Raise Risk of Brain Bleed
- Rexulti Approved for Schizophrenia, Depression
- Back Pain and Depression Combo Lessens Pain Relief from Narcotic Painkillers
- Another Study Sees Link Between Antidepressants and Birth Defects
- Childhood Trauma Tied to Migraine Risk as Adult
- Are Too Many Young Americans Getting Antipsychotics for ADHD?
- Scans Suggest Recurrent Depression May Take Toll on the Brain
- A Healthy Body Often Equals a Healthy Brain
- Common Antidepressants Linked to Higher Fracture Odds in Menopausal Women
- Same-Sex Marriage Offers Couples Psychological Benefits, Experts Say
- Poor Health as Teen, Poor Job Prospects Later, Study Suggests
- 1 in 5 Teens May Be Bullied on Social Media
- Can You Take Antidepressants While Pregnant?
- Many U.S. Men With Depression, Anxiety Don't Get Treated, CDC Finds
- Gun Violence Takes Toll on Kids' Mental Health, Study Finds
- World's Population Is Getting Sicker, Study Shows
- 'Talk Therapy' May Help Persistent Sleeplessness
- 'Gut Feelings': More Than Heartburn, Indigestion?
- Can This Test Predict Your Risk of Dying by 2020?
- Risk to Baby From Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Is Small, Study Says
- Bullied Teens at Risk for Later Depression, Study Finds
- Chantix Study Finds Little Evidence to Support Suicidal, Criminal Warnings
- Do Certain Medicines Raise Murder Risk?
- Chronic Gambling Linked to Depression, Impulsivity
- Demi Lovato Gets Vocal About Mental Illness
- Hospice May Help Ease Depression After Loss of Spouse
- Depression Linked to Death of Many Heart Failure Patients
- Depression Tied to Some Risk of Parkinson's Disease
- The Plight of America's 'Elder Orphans'
- Antidepressants Ease Postpartum Depression, Study Finds
- Sleep Apnea May Boost Depression Risk in Men, Study Finds
- Parents of Child Cancer Patients Prefer Honesty, Study Finds
- Even Treated Depression May Raise Stroke Risk
- Short-Term Debt Can Depress More Than Your Finances
- How Amphetamines, Cocaine Harm the Brain
- Study Links Sleep Troubles to Children's Mental Health
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder May Be Linked to Accelerated Aging
- Mice May Yield Clues to Winter Depression
- For Gay Children, Bullying Begins Early, Happens Often: Study
- Many Women Unaware of Female-Specific Stroke Symptoms
- First Generic Abilify Approved
- Depression, Weapons May Be More Common for Bullied Teens
- Smog May Be Harming Your Brain
- Depression Tied to Worse Outcomes for Black Patients With Heart Failure
- Mindfulness-Based Therapy as Good as Meds for Depression, Study Says
- More Evidence of Long-Term Illness in 9/11 Responders
- Depression Plus Diabetes May Boost Dementia Risk
- Depression, Insomnia, Fatigue Are the Stuff of Nightmares
- Divorce Tied to Higher Chance of Heart Attack in Study
- Family Stress May Figure in Soldiers' Suicide Risk
- Black Women Less Likely to Struggle With Depression Than Whites: Survey
- Arts, Crafts, Socializing May Buoy the Aging Brain
- Antidepressants Linked to First-Time Seizures
- Lonely Seniors Visit Doctors More Often
- Could a Diet Help Shield You From Alzheimer's?
- Obesity, Smoking, Drinking, Depression: All Linked to Low Back Pain
- Health Tip: Don't Mix Meds and Alcohol
- Joblessness Triples Odds for Depression in Young Adults
- A Sense of Purpose May Benefit Your Brain
- For Safety's Sake: A Young Star Player Quits Pro Football...
- Dad's Depression Affects Toddler's Behavior, Too
- Yoga May Help Ease Depression in Pregnant Women
- Workplace Suicides on the Rise, Study Finds
- Could Loneliness Shorten a Life?
- Cochlear Implants May Also Boost Seniors' Mood, Thinking: Study
- Exercise's Effect on Brain May Boost Mobility in Old Age
- Study Highlights Complexity of 'Hearing Voices'
- Depression May Worsen Problem of Obesity Among the Poor
- Stress, Depression a 'Perfect Storm' of Trouble for Heart Patients
- A Sense of Purpose May Help Your Heart
- Depression During Pregnancy Linked to Child's Asthma Risk
- Easing Depression May Boost Heart Health, Study Finds
- Helping Student-Athletes With Mental Health Issues
- Ways to Treat Depression That Aren't Antidepressants
- Risk of Violent Crime Rises With Depression, Study Finds
- Narcotic Painkiller Use Tied to Higher Risk for Depression
- U.S. Teens Getting Less Sleep Than Ever
- Chronic Illness, Loneliness May Go Hand-in-Hand for Some Elderly
- How to Survive Valentine's Day Without Romance
- Mental Health Disorders May Shorten Life Span: Study
- Depression After Stroke Linked to Troubled Sleep
- Loved Ones Caring for Brain-Injured Veterans May Face Health Risks
- Stigma Keeps Employees From Admitting to a Mental Illness: Study
- Medication Problems May Spur Many Child ER Trips, Study Finds
- Many Americans Face Pain, Depression in Their Final Year
- Binge-Watching TV May Be Sign of Depression, Loneliness
- Certain Allergy, Depression Meds Tied to Higher Odds for Dementia
- Depression, Anxiety Can Precede Memory Loss in Alzheimer's, Study Finds
- When Women Think Men Prefer Bigger Gals, They're Happier With Their Weight
- Many Seniors Toast to Retirement Too Often
- Spending on Medical Research Falls in U.S. While Growing Globally
- Does He Post a Lot of 'Selfies'? He Might Be a Narcissist
- Health Tip: Is It Grief or Depression?
- Bullies and Their Victims May Be at Higher Risk of Suicide
- Exercise May Cut Fall Risk for Some Parkinson's Patients
- Parent's Suicide Attempt Makes Child's Much More Likely: Study
- New Year Often Ushers in Pledge to Quit Drinking
- 'Tis the Season for Seasonal Affective Disorder
- For Anorexic Men, the Focus Is on Muscle
- Mother's Depression Tied to Later Delinquency in Kids
- Almost All U.S. Teens Are Sleep Deprived, Study Finds
- Abnormalities Found in Brains of Young Bipolar Patients Who Try Suicide
- How Well You Sleep May Depend on Your Genes, Study Suggests
- Nearly 1 in 12 Americans Struggles With Depression, Study Finds
- Being the Boss Tied to Depression Risk for Women, But Not Men
- 1 in 5 U.S. Adults Dealt With a Mental Illness in 2013
- Trans Fats May Sap Your Memory
- Feeling 'Worn Out'? Your Heart May Pay the Price
- ADHD Stimulant Drug Abuse Common Among Young Adults: Survey
- Undiagnosed Sleep Problems May Be Common Among Firefighters
- Pain, Depression Tied to Delirium Risk After Surgery for Seniors
- Holidays Can Trip Up Problem Drinkers
- 'Purpose in Life' a Boon to Your Health
- Health Tip: Why People Seek Counseling
- After Breast Cancer, Depression Risk Lingers
- Colleges Could Do More for Students With Chronic Ills, Study Finds
- Even Depression May Not Dim Thoughts of Bright Future
- Dark Days Here for Folks With Seasonal Depression
- 'Exposure Therapy' May Relieve Prolonged Grief Disorder
- Depression After Heart Attack May Be More Common for Women
- Taking a 'Selfie' May Help With Dermatology Care, Study Shows
- Teen Conflicts Spill Over to Other Areas of Their Lives
- Parkinson's Drugs May Spur Compulsive Behaviors
- Upbeat Walking Style Might Lift Your Mood
- More Evidence That Exercise May Help Fight Depression
- Family Acceptance Key to Curbing Teen Suicides, Study Shows
- Teen Girls May Face Greater Risk of Depression
- Obesity and Depression Often Twin Ills, Study Finds
- Exercise May Not Ward Off Teen Depression
- The Dangers of Thinning Bones as Men Age
- Anesthetic During Breast-Removal Surgery May Reduce Long-Term Pain
- Weight-Loss Surgery May Not Always Help With Depression
- Mini-Strokes May Lead to PTSD, Study Finds
- Aerobic Exercise May Boost Quality of Life for Dialysis Patients
- Jealous, Moody Women May Face Higher Alzheimer's Risk, Study Says
- Head Injuries May Raise Chances of Risky Behavior by Teens
- ADHD Can Hamper School Performance as Early as 2nd Grade, Study Says
- Special Therapy May Help Relieve 'Complicated Grief'
- Nature Walks With Others May Keep Depression at Bay
- Behavioral Therapy Deemed Best for Social Phobia
- Can Media Multitasking Alter Your Brain?
- Ketamine: The Future of Depression Treatment?
- Health Woes to Worsen Due to Climate Change, Study Warns
- Job Worries Can Raise Asthma Risk, Study Says
- One Dose of Antidepressant Changes Brain Connections, Study Says
- Research Shows Possible Neurological Patterns for PTSD Symptoms
- Blood Test Spots Adult Depression: Study
- Sunny Skies Tied to Suicide Rates
- The Parenting Trap: Coddling Anxious Kids
- Teens' Daily Marijuana Use Linked to Poor Outcomes
- Study Questions Link Between Antidepressants, Miscarriage
- Health Tip: Support Seniors During Hard Times
- Do Antidepressants in Pregnancy Raise Risks for Mental Woes in Kids?
- Study: Young Adults Who Had Depression Have 'Hyper-Connected' Brain Networks
- Talk Therapy Plus Meds May Be Best for Severe Depression
- What Is Your Gut Telling You?
- Robin Williams' Death Shines Light on Depression, Substance Abuse
- When Depression Becomes Deadly
- Fitness May Help Ward Off Depression in Girls
- Coaching May Help Diabetics Battle Depression, Disease Better
- Preschoolers Can Suffer From Depression, Too
- Scientists Shed Light on Link Between Depression, Dementia
- Extra Exercise Could Help Depressed Smokers Quit: Study
- Depression May Make It Harder to Beat Prostate Cancer
- Stress, Depression May Boost Stroke Risk, Study Finds
- More Evidence Botox Works for Depression
- Depression Doubles Odds of Heart Attack for Younger Women: Study
- Antidepressants in Pregnancy Won't Harm Baby's Heart, Study Suggests
- As Antidepressant Warnings Toughened, Teen Suicide Attempts Rose: Study
- Job Loss Tougher for Americans Than Europeans
- Diabetes Distress Is Distinct From Depression, Researchers Say
- Recession Linked to More Than 10,000 Suicides in North America, Europe
- Weight Gain From Antidepressants Is Minimal, Study Suggests
- When Teachers Are Depressed, Preschoolers May 'Act Out' More
- Depression Tied to Crohn's Disease Flare-Ups
- Altruism May Help Shield Teens From Depression: Study
- Higher Doses of Antidepressants Linked to Suicidal Behavior in Young Patients: Study
- Internet May Help Seniors Avoid Depression
- Young Dads at Risk of Depressive Symptoms, Study Finds
- Study Ties Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy to Autism Risk in Boys
- ICU-Related Depression Often Overlooked, Study Finds
- Depression May Be Linked to Heart Failure
- Depressed Diabetics May Face Higher Risk of Kidney Disease
- Scientists Spot Another Group of Genes That May Raise Depression Risk
- Pfizer Recalls Some Antidepressants After Drug Mixup
- Pfizer Recalls Effexor Antidepressant
- Hearing Loss Tied to Depression in Study
- Psychiatric Ills Widespread Among U.S. Soldiers: Studies
- Health Tip: Depression and Heart Disease
- Kids' Checkups Should Include Cholesterol, Depression Tests, Doctors Say
- Could Thyroid Activity Raise Depression Risk in Seniors?
- Early Treatment for Depression May Be Good for the Heart
- Risk of Depression May Rise With Too Much or Too Little Sleep
- Vitamin D Supplements: FAQ
- Childhood Events Tied to Slow Recovery From Depression Later
- Postpartum Depression Often Linked to Long-Term Woes, Review Suggests
- Meditation May Reduce Mild Depression, Anxiety
- Antidepressant Use During Pregnancy Not Linked to Autism
- Health Tip: Have the Holiday Blues?
- Could Longer Maternity Leave Prevent Postpartum Depression?
- Exercise Might Lift Libido in Women on Antidepressants
- Exercise Seems to Ease Parkinson's-Related Depression
- Singer Susan Boyle Reveals Asperger's Diagnosis
- Generic Cymbalta Approved
- Suicide Try While Young a 'Red Flag' for Lifelong Struggles, Study Finds
- Taking Antidepressants During Pregnancy May Not Raise Autism Risk
- Insomnia Cure Boosts Success of Depression Treatment, Study Finds
- Even Football Heroes Can Be Laid Low by Depression
- Cells Show Signs of Faster Aging After Depression
- Exercise May Help Ease Depression in Teens: Study
- Crestor Tops List of Best-Selling Drugs
- Lyrica May Ease Pain for Depressed Fibromyalgia Patients
- Migraines Tied to Raised Risk of Depression, Suicidal Thoughts
- Kids With Head Injuries May Be Prone to Depression
- Variant of Club Drug 'K' Might Have New Life as Antidepressant
- Snubbed? Brain Chemicals Might Comfort You
- Depression May Sometimes Foreshadow Parkinson's Diagnosis
- Brintellix Approved for Major Depressive Disorder
- Could Antidepressant Combat Lethal Lung Cancer?
- Two Key Questions May Reveal Depression in Cancer Patients
- Depression May Be Worse When Accompanied by Anger, Irritability
- Boosting Teens' Mental Well-Being Is Goal of New Skills Program
- Winter Depression May Be Less Common Than Believed
- Adopted Teens More Likely to Attempt Suicide, Study Finds
- Psychotherapy a Powerful Tool to Fight Depression, Studies Show
- Looking Sleepy Speaks Volumes, Study Says
- Video Game May Erase Effects of Aging on the Brain
- Health Highlights: Aug. 29, 2013
- Women Who Care for Grandchildren May Be at Risk for Depression
- Kids' Attitudes Toward Disabled People Improve With Contact
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Chambers Aren't Cure-Alls, FDA Warns
- Volunteering May Make People Happier, Study Finds
- Brain-Damaged Athletes May Show Mood or Thinking Impairments First
- Antipsychotic Drugs May Triple Kids' Diabetes Risk, Study Suggests
- Could Blood Test One Day Predict Suicide Risk?
- Quit-Smoking Programs Work for Psychiatric Patients
- Depression in Diabetes Patients Linked to Dementia, Study Finds
- Ultrasound Device Might Be a Mood Booster
- Quarterback's Death, NFL Study Split Over Brain Disorder
- Genetic Overlap Seen in Five Mental Disorders
- Closeness Between Grandparents, Adult Grandkids May Ease Depression
- Childhood Tummy Aches May Be Tied to Adult Anxiety, Depression
- U.S. Troops' Suicide Risk Tied to Mental Illness, Not Combat: Study
- Red Night Light Better for Blue Mood: Animal Study
- Postpartum Depression Risk May Rise for New Moms in Big Cities
- Healthy Eating, Good Night's Sleep Really Do Help Kids Learn
- 1 in 3 Young Americans Has Suffered Dating Violence: Survey
- Stigma Overweight People Face Could Spur More Weight Gain
- For Seniors, Unhealthy Living May Lead to Disability
- Epilepsy Plus Mental Ills Linked to Premature Death, Study Says
- Childhood Abuse May Add to Drug Users' Suicide Risk
- Tylenol-Induced Liver Failure Presents Own Set of Problems: Study
- Health Tip: When You're Sleep-Deprived
- Depressed Preschoolers Show Brain Changes, Scans Find
- Suicide Rate Higher for Adults Who Were Out-of-Shape as Teens: Study
- 7 out of 10 Americans Take a Prescription Drug: Study
- Older, Cheap Drug May Cut Suicide Risk for People With Mood Disorders
- Think You're Stressed? Maybe You Should Have Your Heart Checked
- Depression, Antidepressants Tied to Heart Disease, Diabetes Risk in Older Women
- Day Care May Help Kids of Depressed Moms
- Sibling Bullying Can Lead to Depression, Anxiety in Victims
- Social Toll of Hearing Loss Could Be Cause for Alarm
- Depression Common in Those With PTSD, Study Finds
- Rape Survivors in War Zones May Benefit Most From Group Counseling
- Bullied Kids More Likely to Self-Harm as Teens
- Alzheimer's Patients Mimic Emotions of Those Around Them: Study
- A Strong Marriage Can Shield Kids From Dad's Depression: Study
- Talk Therapy Can Ease Depression, But No Single Type Deemed 'Best'
- Military Families May Need Help With Mental Health
- Having Both Migraines, Depression May Mean Smaller Brain
- Migraine, Chronic Back Pain Tied to Higher Suicide Risk
- Depression May Raise Low Blood Sugar Risk in Diabetics
- Antidepressants May Be Helpful for Some Heart Patients: Study
- Genes May Boost Woman's Risk of Postpartum Depression
- Latest Edition of Psychiatry's 'Bible' Launched Amid Controversy
- 1 in 5 U.S. Kids Has a Mental Health Disorder: CDC
- Anti-Gay Bullying Tied to Teen Depression, Suicide
- Depression May Boost Stroke Risk in Middle-Aged Women, Too
- Adult Children of Substance Abusers More Prone to Depression
- Erectile Dysfunction Tied to Long-Term Narcotic Use in Men
- Daily Gene Rhythms May Be Off in Depressed People
- When Teen Dating Turns Abusive and Violent
- Pets a Boon for the Human Heart, Cardiologists Say
- Some Antidepressants May Raise Risk for Gastro Infection
- Docs Should Ask Heart Patients About Quality of Life
- Many U.S. Teens Struggle With Extreme Fatigue: Survey
- Antidepressants May Hasten Bypass Recovery, Study Finds
- Some Antidepressants Linked to Bleeding Risk With Surgery
- Health Tip: Watch for Signs of Elder Abuse
- Faith May Complement Treatment for Mental Illness
- Green Spaces Boost City Dwellers' Well-Being
- No Benefit From Screening All Patients for Suicide Risk: Report
- Mental Illness a Frequent Cell Mate for Those Behind Bars
- College Sports Could Raise Players' Risk for Depression, Study Finds
- Another Danger of Depression?
- Poor 'Health Literacy' Keeps Patients From Taking Meds
- Frequent Moves Take Toll on Poor Kids, Study Suggests
- U.S. Must Step Up Response to Vets, Report Says
- Even a Little Pot Use Ups College Dropout Risk
- Anxiety, Depression May Triple Risk of Death for Heart Patients: Study
- Relatives Who Witness Loved One's CPR Fare Better: Study
- Antipsychotic Meds Not That Helpful for Depression: Study
- Vision Loss, Depression May Be Linked, Study Finds
- Mental Illness May Raise Risk of Being Murdered
- Anxiety May Be More Common Than Depression After Pregnancy
- Motherhood May Spur Obsessive-Compulsive Behavior in Some
- Health Tip: When Grief Becomes Depression
- Shared Genes May Link ADHD, Autism and Depression
- More Regular Meals May Improve Dementia Care
- Depressed Patients May Gain From Self-Help Books, Websites
- Childhood Bullying Can Leave Lifelong Scars
- 'Cyberbullying' as Harmful as Physical Threats, Study Finds
- Untreated Depression May Cut Shingles Vaccine Effectiveness
- Economy May Have Lasting Effect on Young People's Outlook
- On-the-Job Stress Won't Raise Your Risk for Cancer, Study Finds
- Electrical Brain Stimulation Plus Drug Fights Depression: Study
- Antidepressants Celexa, Lexapro Tied to Irregular Heartbeat: Study
- 'Coming Out' Can Bring Health Benefits, Study Says
- Health Tip: Avoid the Winter Blues
- Ob/Gyn Group Urges Docs to Help Prevent 'Octomom'-Type Multiple Births
- Jaw Pain Disorder Tied to Anxiety, Depression
- Migraine Sufferers Stigmatized Because of Their Condition: Study
- High Medical Bills Driving Some Americans to Extreme Measures
- Multiple Concussions Could Up Depression Risk in Former NFL Players
- Depressed Stroke Survivors May Face Higher Early Death Risk
- Sweetened Drinks Linked to Depression Risk
- Mental Health of Dads-to-Be May Influence Toddler's Behavior
- Depressed Dads Affect Their Kids Even Before Born
- Dementia, Late-Life Depression May Be Linked
- Keeping Sexuality Secret Takes Mental Toll on Bisexual Men
- Brain Injury Doesn't Raise Dementia Risk for Most: Study
- For Texas Man, Bariatric Surgery Led to Diabetes-Free Life
- Mental Disorders Linked With Domestic Violence, Study Says
- Depression in Elderly May Predict Dementia
- Antidepressants During Pregnancy: Safe?
- Chronic Worry Linked to Higher Risk of PTSD
- Cancer-Related Fatigue Often Overlooked, Study Finds
- Blood Protein Linked to Depression, Study Finds
- Winter Depression May Require Treatment Plan
- What Causes Hot Flashes? Rat Study Gives New Clues
- Palliative Care Eases Suffering for Seniors at End of Life: Study
- Mass Murders: Why Us? Why the U.S.?
- 'Not Fair!' How Sibling Fights May Lead to Later Mood Problems
- Legal Unions, Including Marriage, Boost Mental Health for Gay People: Study
- Distress Tied to Higher Risk of Stroke
- Loneliness May Boost Odds of Dementia
- Experimental Antidepressant Appears Quick-Acting, Safe
- Sleep Apnea Tied to More Brain Damage in Women Than Men
- Teen Dating Violence Linked to Substance Abuse, Depression
- When Antidepressants Don't Work, Give Counseling a Try
- FDA Pulls One Generic Form of Wellbutrin Off the Market
- Sedatives May Raise Pneumonia Risk
- Antidepressants May Lead to Fewer Seizures in People With Epilepsy
- Under Similar Stress, Rich Live Longer Than Poor: Study
- Teen Girls Who Smoke May Up Risk for Future Bone Disease
- Big Changes in Psychiatry's 'Bible' of Disorders
- Mood-Altering Medications Not Overused in Teens
- Teen Behavior Problems, Not Depression, Tied to Lower Grades
- Depression Takes a Toll on Parkinson's Patients
- Heart Failure Drugs Put to the Test
- Healthy Neurotic? Being Conscientious May Help
- Supplement Use Widespread Among Americans
- Hearing Loss Tied to Diabetes in Study
- Health and Happiness Are Not Always Linked
- Bright Light at Night Could Up Depression Risk, Mouse Study Suggests
- Study Reveals Gender Gap in Spotting Depression
- Undiagnosed Eye Problems Plague Some U.S. Veterans
- Early Exposure to Stress at Home Affects Girls' Brains, Study Says
- Pregnant Women With Bipolar Disorder May Have Higher Risk of Premature Birth
- Study: Rheumatoid Arthritis Plus Depression May Be Deadly
- Common Antidepressants Tied to Higher Bleeding Risk in Warfarin Users: Study
- DNA 'Telomere' Length Tied to Aging, Death Risk
- Parents' Social Anxiety May Raise Kids' Risk for Anxiety Disorder
- Heart Deaths Spike in Winter -- Despite Temperature
- Acupuncture Might Ease Fatigue Linked to Breast Cancer
- Insomnia May Raise Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Suicides Up in Sagging U.S. Economy
- Food Allergies Can Make Kids Targets for Bullies
- Common Antidepressants Too Risky During Pregnancy, Researchers Say
- Smoking During Pregnancy Tied to Extra Weight in Kids
- Right Amount of Exercise Can Boost Mental Health: Study
- Is 'Sex Addiction' Real? Some Experts Say So
- Bullying May Be Linked to Mental Disorders
- 10-Minute 'Tension Tamer' at Bedtime May Help You Sleep: Study
- Cyberbullying Rarely Single Factor in Teen Suicides: Study
- Depression, DNA Linked to Higher Death Risk in Bladder Cancer Patients
- Calcium May Help Prevent Hormone Disorder
- More Evidence Linking Creativity, Mental Illness
- Depression Brings Worries About Discrimination, Study Finds
- Menopause Won't Spur Weight Gain, But May Boost Belly Fat: Review
- Some Antidepressants May Raise Stroke Risk
- Epilepsy Drug Shows Promise as Weight-Loss Aid, Study Says
- Addiction a Risk After Weight Loss Surgery
- 'Believing' Propels Cancer Survivors to Exercise, Study Finds
- Study Reveals the Many Ways Sexual Assault Harms Women
- As Armstrong Case Unfolds, Experts Describe Doping's Harms
- Pinball Analogy May Help Grief-Stricken Move Forward
- Depression Stigma May Be Fading: Survey
- Gene Tied to Obesity, Depression, ADHD
- Teva's High-Dose Generic Wellbutrin XL Withdrawn
- Hormone Therapy in Early Menopause May Benefit Some Women: Study
- Health Tip: Considering Counseling?
- New Treatments May Help Restore Speech Lost to Aphasia
- Health Highlights: Oct. 1, 2012
- Insomnia, Anxiety Drugs May Raise Dementia Risk
- People With Implantable Defibrillators May Need More Mental Health Support
- Health Tip: Don't Combine Medication and Alcohol
- Complementary Medicine May Help Soldiers With PTSD: Study
- Fewer Crashes When Docs Report Unfit Drivers
- Alcoholism Treatment Saves Families Money
- Health Tip: Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Extra Steps Urged to Cut Alcohol, Drug Use in Military: Report
- New Study Debunks Virus Theory for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Putting Your Mental Health in Order
- Men More Prone to Depression After Stroke: Study
- Psych, Sleep Meds May Affect Driving
- Children of U.S. Immigrants May Have Academic Edge
- Curbing Suicide Now a National Priority, U.S. Says
- Postpartum Depression May Lead to Shorter Kids: Study
- Parents, Rest Easy About Infant 'Sleep Training'
- Bus, Truck Drivers May Downplay Sleep Troubles
- Vets' Readjustment Issues May Spur PTSD Treatment
- NFL Players at Higher Risk of Brain Diseases
- Sleep Problems Linked to More Special Ed
- Stress, a 'Type A' Personality May Boost Stroke Risk
- Meditation May Help Fight Loneliness, Study Says
- Many Obese Americans Struggle With Stigma, Discrimination, Poll Finds
- Partner Depression Common After Heart Attack
- Health Tip: If You Have Anxiety
- Many U.S. Doctors Have Symptoms of Burnout: Survey
- ADHD May Raise Girls' Risk for Suicide as Young Adults
- Could Food Flavors Act Like Mood-Stabilizing Drugs?
- Working Moms Report Better Health Than Those Who Stay Home
- Health Tip: Is Anxiety Affecting Your Child?
- Snoring Tots May Be at Risk for Behavior Problems
- Brain Scans May Spot Teens at Risk for Problem Drinking
- More Kids Taking Antipsychotics for ADHD: Study
- 'Virtual' Patients New Addition to Psychiatry?
- Child Abuse Might Alter Onset of Menstruation in Girls
- Living Without Lies Might Make You Healthier
- In-Person Bullying Still Bigger Problem Than Cyberbullying: Expert
- Grateful Teens May Have Less Risk for Depression, Other Problems
- Depression Could Shorten Cancer Survival, Study Suggests
- Most on Gluten-Free Diet Don't Have Celiac Disease
- Depression Rates Rise for Girls During Teen Years
- Even Mild Anxiety May Shorten a Person's Life
- Exercise May Fight Depression in Heart Failure
- Booze, Energy Drinks, Casual Sex Combo Common in College: Study
- More Drug Trials Needed for Conditions Affecting Kids: Review
- Childhood Abuse Linked to Diabetes, Heart Disease in Middle-Aged Women
- Violent Shootings: Are There Warning Signs?
- Can a Woman's Job Raise Her Heart Attack Risk?
- Brain Changes Seen in Postpartum Depression
- Milk Thistle Doesn't Help Hepatitis C
- Dental Fillings Linked to Slight Behavior Problems
- Aging Boomers' Mental Health Woes Will Swamp Health System: Report
- Medicare Coverage Gap May Cause Seniors to Forgo Antidepressants
- Dangerous Rage May Be Common Among U.S. Teens
- Study of Retired NFL Players Finds Evidence of Brain Damage
- Vitamin D Deficiency Linked to Depression
- Health Highlights: June 25, 2012
- Sleep May Ease Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease: Study
- Health Tip: Take Care of Yourself, Too
- PTSD Unrecognized Risk Among Heart Attack Patients
- More Mental Health Woes in College Kids Who Abuse Prescription Drugs
- Few Migraine Sufferers Referred for Behavioral Treatments
- For Combat Vets, Brain Injury Symptoms Can Last Years
- Anxiety, Depression May Raise Stroke Risk
- Loneliness Linked to Death, Disability
- Parents' Fighting May Have Long-Lasting Effect on Kids
- Violence Takes a Toll on Children's Sleep
- Obesity, Depression Linked to Daytime Sleepiness
- 'Mindful' Meditation Tied to Healthy Brain Changes: Study
- Sleep Apnea Therapy Might Ease Depression, Too
- Mental Health Woes Raise Odds for Prescription Painkiller Abuse
- Study: Self-Injury Common in Grade School
- Depressed Teens Who Respond to Treatment Less Likely to Abuse Drugs
- Study Supports Guilt's Role in Depression
- Financial Worries Add to Cancer Patients' Burden
- Depression Treatment by Phone
- Emotional Woes May Last for Childhood Cancer Survivors
- More Mental Health Care Urged for Kids Who Self-Harm
- Tinnitus Relief: Therapy Mix Helps Ringing in Ears
- Probiotics: Exploring the Gut-Mind Connection
- COPD Can Put a Damper on Sex Life
- Diabetes Can Take a Toll on Your Emotions
- Concussions: Girls Have Longer Recovery Time
- Many Pregnant Women Fear Exercising
- Depression in Mid-Life Linked to Higher Odds for Later Dementia
- Having a 'Purpose in Life' May Help Shield You From Dementia
- Attitude May Be Key to Overweight Girls' Risk of Depression
- Does Dopamine Explain Why Slackers Slack?
- Adjusting Your Attitude About Chronic Pain May Help You Sleep
- Taking Away Car Keys Can Be Tough for Older Drivers
- Low-Income Mothers May Overfeed Their Infants
- Being Bullied Tied to Anxiety, Depression in Special-Needs Kids
- Children Usually Excluded From Clinical Drug Trials: Study
- 1/3 With Arthritis Report Anxiety or Depression
- 30% of Workers Get Far Too Little Sleep
- Poor Sleep Heightens 'Ringing Ear' Disease Symptoms: Study
- Many First-Graders Shun Overweight, Obese Kids
- Wife's Breast Cancer Can Hurt Husband's Health Too: Study
- Wartime Killing May Raise Veterans' Thoughts of Suicide
- Bedwetting Misunderstood but Often Treatable
- Depression Linked to Peripheral Artery Disease
- After Hospitalization, Men More Likely to Show Up in ER
- 'No Regrets' Outlook May Make for Sunnier Old Age
- Basketball Legend Pat Summitt Leaving as Tennessee Women's Coach
- Video Game May Help Treat Teen Depression
- Use of Ecstasy, Speed by Teens Tied to Later Depression
- Brain Surgery Might Ease Tough-to-Treat OCD
- Optimism Might Cut Your Risk for Heart Attack
- Blood Test for Teen Depression Under Study
- Troubled Homes May Fuel Obesity in Girls
- 'Off-Label' Drug Use Appears Common
- Depressed Moms Disrupt Baby's Sleep
- Gene Hunters Link Genes to Brain Size
- Gay Adults Rejected by Parents Have Worse Health, Study Finds
- Substance Abusers, Even Recovering Ones, May Face Stigma
- Exercise Benefits Breast Cancer Patients
- Researchers ID Genes That May Determine Mental Illness
- Antidepressants Aid Depressed Parkinson's Patients
- Minorities, Medicare Recipients Less Likely to Get Antidepressants
- Women on Dialysis May Experience Sexual Problems: Survey
- Witnessing, Experiencing Traumatic Events May Worsen Heart Disease
- Depression, Anxiety Tied to Physical Disabilities in Seniors
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea May Be Linked to Depression
- Sleep Apnea Linked to Depression
- Depression After Stroke Too Often Goes Untreated
- FDA Adds More Warnings to Antidepressant's Label
- Antipsychotic Drugs Might Raise Heart Attack Risk: Study
- Talking About Weight Tied to Poor Self-Image, Depression: Study
- Caring Teachers May Help Keep Kids From Trying Alcohol, Drugs
- Breathing Smog in Pregnancy Linked to Child's Behavior Problems
- Antidepressants May Raise Risk for Pregnancy Complication
- Living Alone Linked to Greater Risk of Depression: Study
- Study Explains How Shock Therapy Might Ease Severe Depression
- Depression Tied to Earlier Death in Heart Patients
- Kids of Meth-Using Moms at Risk of Behavioral Woes
- Many Alcoholics Suffered Childhood Trauma: Study
- Stressed Parents May Affect Preemie Behavior Later
- Menopause May Cost Women Sick Days
- Generic Lexapro Antidepressant Approved by FDA
- Mothers on Antidepressants Less Likely to Breast-Feed: Study
- U.S. Army Suicides Rising Sharply, Study Finds
- Narcotic Painkillers Another Threat to Traumatized War Vets: Study
- Depression Could Worsen Mental Decline in Heart Patients
- Moms' Antidepressants May Affect Babies' Head Size: Study
- Kids' Snoring Linked to Behavioral Problems
- Could a Statin Lower Your Risk for Depression?
- Sports Concussion: Myths and Facts
- Dad's Depression May Rub Off on Child's Behavior
- Study: Sleep Disturbances Not Linked to Aging
- Web Therapy Helps With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Top 5 Happiest States in the U.S.
- 'Chemo Brain' May Linger 20 Years After Breast Cancer Treatment
- Young Blacks Less Likely to Seek Mental Health Care: Study
- Migraines Linked to Depression
- Kids With Gender Noncomformity at Increased Risk for Abuse
- National Guard Deployment May Sometimes Trigger Alcohol Abuse
- Is Grief an Illness? The Debate Heats Up
- Brain Development Harmed in Mistreated Kids
- HIV Severity, Treatment Unrelated to Kids' Mental Woes: Study
- Overeating May Raise Risk for Memory Problems
- Depressed Kids May Be Targets for Bullying, Study Suggests
- Electrical Brain Stimulation May Strengthen Memory, Study Says
- CDC: Doctors Increasingly Prescribe Exercise
- Tai Chi Improves Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease
- Spanking Produces Troubled Kids, Study Contends
- Antidepressants May Not Raise Suicide Risk in Youth: Study
- Some Stroke Survivors Can't Recognize Fear, Anger in Others
- Could a Blood Test Help Spot Depression?
- Itch Intensity and Scratching Pleasure Vary at Different Body Sites
- Exercise a Good Pick-Me-Up After Cancer Treatment: Study
- Does Obesity Cause Pain?
- Mom's Support Tied to Child's Brain Development
- Winter Doldrums Got You Down? Here's How to Bounce Back
- Health Highlights: Jan. 26, 2012
- Health Highlights: Jan. 25, 2012
- U.S. Soldiers Face Host of Mental Health Issues
- Too Much Overtime May Raise Depression Risk
- Could 'Magic' Mushrooms Ease Depression?
- Narcissism Especially Bad for Men's Health, Study Says
- Ob-Gyns Should Screen for Domestic Abuse: Experts
- Why Some Children May ‘Grow Out' of Autism
- U.S. Military Women Exposed to More Combat Than Ever Before
- Treating Diabetes, Depression Together May Make Sense
- AHA: Sex Safe for Most Heart Patients
- Insomnia Can Be Dangerous, But There's Rest for the Weary
- New Drug Combo for Hepatitis C Shows Promise
- Report: 1 in 5 Adults Had Mental Illness in 2010
- Certain Antidepressants May Raise Lung Risk in Newborns
- Health Highlights: Jan. 11, 2012
- One in Six Americans Binge Drink: CDC
- Low Levels of Vitamin D May Be Linked to Depression
- Grief May Boost Heart Attack Risk
- Celiac Disease in Women Linked to Depression Risk
- Most Adults With Facial Disfigurement Adapt Psychologically
- With Depression, Helping Others May in Turn Help You
- Study Looks at Deep Brain Stimulation in Bipolar Patients
- Racial Disparities Seem to Persist in Depression Diagnosis
- Chronic School Absenteeism Linked to Mental Health Problems
- Holiday Blues May Signal Depression
- Widowers Who Stay Single Might Face More Mental Health Woes
- Chorus Gives Voice to Those With Alzheimer's
- Mindfulness Training May Help Arthritis Patients Cope
- Police Officers Often Robbed of Sleep
- Spouse's Reaction May Affect Pain Management
- Recession Hurt Parent-Child Ties, Survey Finds
- Magnet Therapy May Help Some Stroke Survivors Recover
- 'Ecstasy' May Cause Long-Term Changes in Brain Chemistry
- Are Working Moms Healthier and Happier?
- Depression and Binge Eating Linked in Teen Girls
- Abuse May Alter Child's Brain Activity
- Obese Patients May Benefit the Most From Surgery for Irregular Heartbeat
- 'Love Hormone' May Buffer Kids From Mom's Depression
- Depression, Disability Can Follow ICU Care: Study
- Health Highlights: Dec. 7, 2011
- Medicaid Spending for Depression Rose in Past Decade
- Newer Antidepressants Work Equally Well, Study Finds
- More Exercise Could Make For Better Sleep: Study
- Racism's Mental Toll May Explain Some Health Disparities
- Meditation May Help Brain Tune Out Distractions
- Survey: 1 in 4 Teens Bullied at School
- Taking Many Medications May Raise Risk of ED
- Breast Reconstruction May Quickly Improve Quality of Life
- Study: Eating Lots of Trans Fat May Lower Quality of Life
- Study Links Chantix to Suicide Risk, but FDA Disagrees
- Teen 'Sexting' Common and Linked to Psychological Woes
- Loneliness May Disrupt Sleep
- Eye Surgery Improves Mood of Alzheimer's Patients
- Binge Eating Often Overlooked in Men
- Experimental Drug May Help Treat Psoriasis
- Insomnia Might Boost Heart Attack Risk
- Use of Antidepressants on the Rise in the U.S.
- Older Women Say They Want More Sex, Not Less
- Smoking Pot Might Up Depression Risk in Vulnerable Teens
- Nation Gets 'B' for Hospital Support Care
- Drink Coffee, Stay Happy?
- Depression Tied to Higher Risk for Stroke
- Optimism May Be Partly in Your Genes
- Muscle Relaxant May Ease Fibromyalgia Pain
- School Shooting Study Yields Genetic Links to PTSD
- Most Kids Adjust to Sudden Death of a Parent
- Risk for Mental Illness Varies by Gender
- Genes Play Role in How Alcohol Affects Men and Women
- Depression Raises Women's Stroke Risk
- Music Therapy May Ease Anxiety of Cancer Patients
- Exercise a 'Wonder Drug' for Cancer Survival
- Low-Carb Diets May Improve Acne
- Suicide Brain May Hold Key to Depression
- Talk Therapy Plus Self-Help May Fight Pain
- Richer Countries Have Higher Depression Rates
- Why Comfort Foods Are So Comforting
- Many Older Americans Have Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Americans Are Flocking to Alternative Therapies
- Panel: Drop Co-Pay for Women's Birth Control
- Overweight Teens Often Miss Obesity Screening
- Deadliest Psychiatric Disorder: Anorexia
- 'Dignity Therapy' Gives Comfort to Dying Patients
- Late Talkers Not at Risk for Behavior Problems Later On
- Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy: Autism Risk?
- Study: Chantix May Be Linked to Heart Risk
- Protein Levels in Spinal Fluid May Spot Alzheimer's
- ER Visits for Drug-Related Suicide Attempts Up in Men
- Magic Mushrooms Drug Shows Promise as Therapeutic Tool
- FDA: Chantix Linked to Heart Attack in People With Heart Disease
- Study: Mental Health Is Top Concern for Youth
- FDA Approves New HIV Drug Edurant
- Experimental Drug Targets Overactive Bladder
- Alzheimer's Caregivers May Be at Risk for Dementia
- Low Oxytocin Linked to Postpartum Depression
- Four in 10 Over Age 85 Have Cognitive Impairment
- Study: Many With ADHD Can't Control Emotions
- FDA Panel Urges Approval of Hepatitis C Drug
- Group Doctor Visits May Help Parkinson's Patients
- Suicides Go Up When Economy Goes Down
- Catherine Zeta-Jones Treated for Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Apnea, Daytime Sleepiness: Risky Combo
- Recall of Generic Citalopram, Finasteride
- Epileptic Kids Have More Psychiatric Symptoms
- Treating Depressed Moms Helps Kids' Depression
- Relationship Troubles Add to 'Pre-Baby' Blues
- Diabetes Raises Depression Risk
- New Lupus Treatment Benlysta: FAQ
- Collaborative Care for Depression Has Heart Benefit
- Survey Reveals the Nation's Happiest States
- Bipolar Disorder Often Untreated
- Depression After Miscarriage Can Linger
- 'Idealizing' Your Spouse Makes an Ideal Marriage
- Charlie Sheen Substance Abuse: FAQ
- Positive Thinking Helps Heart Patients
- Antipsychotics in Pregnancy Risky for Newborns
- Poor Sleep May Worsen RA Symptoms
- Genetic Link Between Stress and Depression
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Under New Scrutiny
- Depression Lurks for Low-Income RA Patients
- Eating Trans Fats Linked to Depression
- Study: Newer Antipsychotic Drugs Are Overused
- Women Give Up Sleep to Care for Others
- 'Depression Gene' Linked to Response to Stress
- Bright Light Eases Depression in Elderly People
- Team Treatment Helps Depression, Chronic Disease
- Many Adults Report Troubled Childhood Experiences
- FDA Panel Supports New Obesity Drug
- Depression Rising, but Psychotherapy Declines
- Depression Screening Urged for Young Women With Menopause-Like Symptoms
- Older Antidepressants Linked to Heart Risk
- New Links Seen Between Depression and Diabetes
- Study: Fish Oil Doesn't Affect Postpartum Depression
- New Guidelines for Treatment of Depression
- Bullying, Harassment of Gay/Lesbian Teens: Expert Q&A
- Depression on the Rise in Colleges?
- Depression Linked to Slow Healing of Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Link Between Depression, Cholesterol May Differ by Gender
- Americans Seem More Prone to Depression Than Russians
- AIDS Patients Cite Stigma, Depression
- Intervention May Help Relieve Cancer Patients' Pain, Depression
- Brain Changes in MS May Spur Depression
- Depression Linked to Alzheimer's Disease
- Depression Could Play a Role in Added Belly Fat
- Depression Linked to Urinary Incontinence in Men
- More 'Doctor Time' Helps Ease Depression
- Allergies Might Trigger Depression
- 7 Potential Complications of Untreated Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Depression in Children
- Holiday Safety and Health Tips
- Dry Mouth
- The Truth About Vitamin D
- Living with Fibromyalgia, Drugs Approved to Manage Pain
- FDA: Boxed Warning on Serious Mental Health Events to be Required for Chantix
- A Prescription for Holiday Blues
- A Woman's Guide to Reviving Sex Drive
- Women, Sex, and Diabetes
- Depression Symptoms in Men
- Menopause and Mental Health
- Blissing Out: 10 Relaxation Techniques To Reduce Stress On-the-Spot
- Accentuating a Positive Attitude
- 9 Steps to End Chronic Worrying
- Heart Health Tips From a Top Cardiologist
- Rehab's Role in Treating Addiction
- Obesity Linked with Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Depression and Aging
- Insomnia: What You Eat Can Sabotage Your Sleep
- Exercise and Depression
- Diagnosing Depression
- Depression: Alternative Therapies for Depression
- St. Johns Wort for Depression
- Depression Resources
- Depression Caused by Chronic Illnesses
- Depression Risk Assessment Tool
- Depression: The Link Between Depression and Other Mental Illnesses
- Depression: Major Depression
- Psychotic Depression
- Depression: Treatments for Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Suicide: Recognizing the Signs of Suicide
- Work: Help for the Chronically Late
- Sleep and Psychiatric Disorders
- Sleep and Aging
- Sleep and Depression
- Sleep and Chronic Illness
- Sleep Disorders Fact or Fiction
- Depression: Foods That Fight Winter Depression
- Postpartum Depression: Out of the Blue - Brooke Shields
- Divorcing Depression
- Child Depression: What Should Parents Do?
- Debt Can Be Bad for Your Health
- Paxil CR and Avandamet, FDA Seizes Product
- Depression During Pregnancy
- Medical Conditions Doctors Miss
- Super Bowl: Why the Super Bowl Matters
- Erectile Dysfunction Related Depression
- How Families Can Help Children Cope with Fear and Anxiety
- Depression-Anxiety: Mood Disorder Alternatives
- Depression Often Starts in Childhood
- Childhood Depression: What It Looks Like, What To Do
- Childhood Depression: Matter of Life or Death
- Depression: Suffering From 'Let-Down Effect?'
- Mental Health: Can Caviar Cure Depression?
- Winter Darkness, Season Depression
- Just Shy or Social Anxiety Disorder
- Depression: Stigma Hinders Depression Treatment
- Depression: Heading For an Election Meltdown?
- Hope and Hurricanes: Emotional Survival Tips
- Writing Your Way Out of Depression
- Holiday Depression: Alone for the Holidays
- Depression: Sunshine For SAD Sufferers
- Fish Oil to Treat Depression?
- Mental Health: Depression, Anger and the Heart
- Depression: Staying Up to Beat the Blues
- Depression: Too Depressed to Remember
- Depression: Pushing Prozac
- Depression: Walk Away the Blues
- Depression: Support: That's What Friends Are For
- Men and Depression
- Anxiety: Beyond Depression
- Depression: The Eden Alternative in Action
- Elderly Depression Often Unnoticed
- Postpartum Depression
- Schizophrenia, Depression & Bipolar Disorder: Gene Hunting
- Women and Body Image
- Gene More Than Doubles Risk of Depression Following Life Stresses
- Health Benefits Of Physical Activity
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder FAQs
- Anxiety Disorder FAQs
- Anxiety Disorders Quiz
- Mental Disorders in America
- Anxiety and Cancer Patients
- Men and Depression
- Depression in Older Men
- Eating Disorders
- Forgetfulness: It's Not Always What You Think
- Drug Abuse and Addiction: Drugs of Choice
- Children's Mental Health Facts
- To Drive Or Not To Drive
- Estrogen Source of Stress
- Kids on Antidepressants Suicide Alert
- Obsessive Compulsive Gene hSERT
- 10 Warning Signs of Prescription Painkiller Dependency
- Depression - What to Do
- Stress, Depression and Drug Abuse: Fallout of 9-11
- Antidepressant Action Requires New Neurons
- Depression in Young and Teenage Boys
- Talking with Children About the Terrorist Attacks
- Medical Humor(s)
- Depression Myths
- Depression Screening
- Six Tips to Pro-Actively Reduce SAD
- Depression and Diabetes
- Depression Can Break Your Heart
- September 11, 2002...How Is America Doing?
- Helping Your Child or Teen Cope with Trauma
- Job Stress, Early Warning Signs
- Depression, Helping Others
- Stress: How To Manage Stress