Dentures, removable replacements for missing teeth, come in two types: partial and complete dentures. Dental implants and bridges are suitable alternatives to dentures. Though it usually takes a while to get used to eating and speaking with new dentures, denture adhesives can improve the stability of the denture and provide a sense of security for the denture wearer. Read more: Dentures Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Dental (Oral) Health Quiz: Test Your Dental Hygiene IQ
Take the Dental Health Quiz to test your IQ of oral hygiene, cavities, and common tongue and gum diseases. This quiz covers...
Picture of Dentures
A denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. See a picture of Dentures and learn more about...
Picture of Teeth
The teeth are the hardest substances in the human body. See a picture of the Teeth and learn more about the health topic....
Cosmetic Dentistry Before and After Photos
How can cosmetic dentistry improve your smile? See before and after pictures of orthodontics (braces), dental implants, crowns,...
Related Disease Conditions
Canker sores are a common complaint, and are small ulcers on the inside of the mouth. Canker sores aren't contagious (as opposed...
Thrush (Oral Candidiasis)
Thrush is an infection of the mouth caused by the Candida fungus. Symptoms of thrush include pain or difficulty swallowing, a...
There are a variety of diseases and conditions that can cause tongue problems, discoloration, and soreness. Though most tongue...
Gum disease is caused by plaque and may result in tooth loss without proper treatment. Symptoms and signs of gum disease...
Gum problems may be caused by improper brushing and flossing, gum disease, canker sores, treatments and hormonal changes....
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...
Bad breath can result from poor oral hygiene habits and may be a sign of other health problems. Bad breath, also called...
Dry Mouth (Xerostomia)
Dry mouth is a common side effect of many prescription and non-prescription drugs and certain medical conditions. Symptoms of dry...
Burning Mouth Syndrome (BMS)
Burning mouth syndrome (BMS) is a condition that causes pain in the mouth. BMS may be caused by menopause, dry mouth or...
The term oral cancer includes cancer of the mouth (oral cavity) and the back of the mouth (oropharynx). Red and white patches...
Second Source WebMD Medical Reference...
Sleep Disorders (How to Get a Good Night's Sleep)
A number of vital tasks carried out during sleep help maintain good health and enable people to function at their best. Sleep...
Teeth Grinding (Bruxism)
Bruxism is the medical term for teeth grinding. Bruxism may be caused by stress or anxiety and often happens during sleep....
Oral Health and Bone Disease
Osteoporosis may be linked to bone loss in the jaw, which in turn, leads to tooth loss. Low bone density may result in...
Local ResourcesFind a local Doctor in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
Prevention & Wellness
- Health Tip: Caring for Dentures
- Could Prefab Blood Vessels Revolutionize Root Canals?
- Health Tip: When Dentures Need Adjusting
- Health Tip: Dealing With Mouth Sores
- Health Tip: Diabetics, Watch for Gum Disease
- Health Tip: Do You Have Gum Disease?
- Health Tip: Take Care of Your Teeth
- Seniors Should Remove Dentures at Bedtime
- Health Tip: Keep Your Breath Fresh
- Alligator Study Gives Clues to Regrowing Lost Teeth
- Health Tip: Signs of Periodontal Disease
- Health Tip: Seniors, Be Prepared for Dental Visits
- Health Tip: Take Good Care of Dentures
- Do Older Adults Need Vitamins, Supplements?
- Health Tip: Keep Your Teeth Healthier
- Health Tip: Warning Signs of Gum Disease
- Health Tip: Learning to Eat With Dentures
- Maintaining Good Health May Reduce Dementia Risk
- Zinc Poisoning Linked to Popular Denture Creams
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter