Dementia is defined as a significant loss of intellectual abilities such as memory capacity, severe enough to interfere with social or occupational functioning. There are several different types of dementia, including cortical, subcortical, progressive, primary, and secondary dementias. Other conditions and medication reactions can also cause dementia. Dementia is diagnosed based on a certain set of criteria. Treatment for dementia is generally focused on the symptoms of the disease. Read more: Dementia Article
Multimedia: Slideshows, Images & Quizzes
Caring for Someone With Alzheimer's Disease
Use this guide for advice on caring for someone with Alzheimer's. Learn to spot early signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease...
The Benefits of Omega 3 Foods on Heart Health
What are the benefits of omega 3 fatty acids? Learn how Omega 3 rich foods like fish oil, salmon, walnuts, & more can boost brain...
Brain Food Pictures: What to Eat to Boost Focus
Learn how to increase concentration and boost memory. Brain foods such as fish (omega 3 fatty acids), berries, fruits, nuts,...
Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease, and Aging Brains
What is dementia? Learn about dementia disorders such as Lewy Body Dementia, Alzheimer's disease (AD), Vascular (multi-infarct)...
Lyme Disease Symptoms, Rash, Treatments
Lyme disease is caused by the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi transmitted to humans through infected deer ticks. Lyme disease...
Alcohol Abuse: 12 Health Risks of Chronic Heavy Drinking
Read about the health risks of chronic heavy or binge drinking. Anemia, cancer, gout, cardiovascular disease and many more...
Parkinson's Disease Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
Parkinson's disease is common among neurodegenerative disorders. Do you know how it works? The causes? The symptoms? Take the...
Alzheimers Disease Quiz: Stages, Symptoms & Signs
Take the Alzheimer's Quiz to discover some of the mysteries behind this cognitive disorder. Learn causes, symptoms, treatments,...
Picture of Vascular (Multi-Infarct) Dementia 2
There are several types of vascular dementia, which vary slightly in their causes and symptoms. See a picture of Vascular...
Picture of Lewy Body Dementia
Lewy body dementia (LBD) is one of the most common types of progressive dementia. See a picture of Lewy Body Dementia (LBD) and...
Picture of Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD)
Frontotemporal dementia, sometimes called frontal lobe dementia, describes a group of diseases characterized by degeneration of...
Picture of HIV-associated Dementia (HAD)
A 40-year-old woman diagnosed with HIV presented with confusion and decline in memory. See a picture of HIV-associated Dementia...
Picture of Corticobasal Degeneration (CBD)
T2-weighted image showing diffuse asymmetric (L > R) bilateral frontoparietal atrophy (arrows) in a 54-year-old woman with...
Picture of Vascular (Multi-Infarct) Dementia 1
Vascular dementia is the second most common cause of dementia, after Alzheimer's disease. See a picture of Vascular...
Related Disease Conditions
Parkinson's disease is a slowly progressive neurological disease characterized by a fixed inexpressive face, a tremor at rest,...
Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms (Early, Body Areas Affected)
Multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms vary from person to person, and can last for days to months without periods of remission....
STDs in Men
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are infections transmitted during sexual contact. They may be caused by viruses, bacteria,...
A hematoma is a collection of blood that is outside a blood vessel. There are different areas where hematomas occur including:...
Stroke (Signs, Symptoms, Warning Signs)
A stroke is an interruption of the blood supply to part of the brain caused by either a blood clot (ischemic) or bleeding...
Tremor is the involuntary movements of one or more parts of the body. Causes of tremor include neurological disorders,...
Brain Tumor (Symptoms, Signs, Types, Causes, Survival Rates)
A brain tumor can be either non-cancerous (benign) or cancerous (malignant), primary, or secondary. Common symptoms of a primary...
Heart disease (coronary artery disease) occurs when plaque builds up in the coronary arteries, the vessels that supply blood to...
Pernicious anemia is a blood disorder in which the body does not make enough red blood cells due to a lack of vitamin B12 in the...
Dehydration is the excessive loss of body water. There are a number of causes of dehydration including heat exposure, prolonged...
Cancer is a disease caused by an abnormal growth of cells, also called malignancy. It is a group of 100 different diseases, and...
Vasculitis is a general term for a group of uncommon diseases which feature inflammation of the blood vessels. Each form of...
Encephalopathy means brain disease, damage, or malfunction. Causes of encephalopathy are varied and numerous. The main symptom of...
Lyme disease is a bacterial illness, which is spread by ticks when they bite the skin. Initially the disease affects the skin...
Hydrocephalus is an abnormal buildup of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) in the ventricles of the brain. The fluid is often under...
Hypercalcemia (Elevated Calcium Levels)
Hypercalcemia is a condition in which calcium levels in the blood are elevated. Hypercalcemia is associated with other conditions...
Alzheimer's disease is a common cause of dementia. Symptoms and warning signs of Alzheimer's disease include memory loss,...
Alcoholism is a disease that includes alcohol craving and continued drinking despite repeated alcohol-related problems, such as...
Heart attack happens when a blood clot completely obstructs a coronary artery supplying blood to the heart muscle. A heart attack...
Huntington's disease is the result of degeneration of neurons in areas of the brain. Huntington's disease is an inherited...
Brain Lesions (Lesions on the Brain)
A brain lesion is defined as an area of damaged brain. Brain lesions (lesions on the brain) are caused by: trauma,...
Low Blood Sugar (Hypoglycemia)
Low blood sugar, or hypoglycemia, is a syndrome in which a person's blood sugar is dangerously low. People with type 1 and type 2...
Encephalitis is a brain inflammation that causes sudden fever, vomiting, headache, light sensitivity, stiff neck and back,...
Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA, Mini-Stroke)
When a portion of the brain loses blood supply, through a blood clot or embolus, a transient ischemic attack (TIA, mini-stroke)...
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) causes HIV infection and the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Symptoms and signs...
Frontotemporal dementia (FTD) is a syndrome that is associated with shrinking of the frontal and temporal lobes of the brain....
Overactive Bladder (OAB)
Overactive bladder is a sudden involuntary contraction of the muscle wall of the bladder causing urinary urgency (an immediate...
7 Alzheimer's Disease Stages and Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's disease depend on the stage of the disease. Some doctors and researchers disagree in regard...
ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) Symptoms, Causes, Life Expectancy
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease) is a neurological disease that progresses rapidly. The disease attacks...
MELAS syndrome, a rare form of dementia, stands for Mitochondrial Encephalopathy, Lactic Acidosis, and Stroke-like episodes....
Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) is a rare, degenerative, invariably fatal brain disorder. CJD generally appears in the later...
Learn about mitochondrial disease, genetic disease in which include a group of neuromuscular diseases that are caused by damage...
Insomnia (Symptoms, Causes, Remedies, and Cures)
Insomnia is the perception or complaint of inadequate or poor-quality sleep because of difficulty falling asleep; waking up...
Lewy Body Dementia (Dementia with Lewy Bodies)
Lewy body dementia (LBD or dementia with Lewy bodies) is one the most common causes of dementia. There are two types of LBD: 1)...
Advance Medical Directives (Living Will, Power of Attorney, and Health Care Proxy)
Advance directives are designed to outline a person's wishes and preferences in regard to medical treatments and interventions....
Mental health is an optimal way of thinking, relating to others, and feeling. All of the diagnosable mental disorders fall under...
Dysthymia is a less severe form of chronic depression. Symptoms and signs include insomnia, suicidal thoughts, guilt, empty...
Aphasia is a condition that is the result of damage to portions of the brain. It can be caused by stroke, head injury, brain...
Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) is a congenital disorder of blood vessels in the brain, brainstem, or spinal cord that is...
Binswanger's disease is a type of vascular dementia that is caused by damage to the blood vessels that feed deep areas of the...
Depression in the Elderly
Depression in the elderly is very common. That doesn't mean, though, it's normal. Treatment may involve antidepressants,...
Hospice is a service that offers support, resources, and assistance to terminally ill patients and their families. In such late...
Alzheimer's Disease Patient Caregiver Guide
Caring for a loved one or patient with Alzheimer's can become a difficult and overwhelming task at times. This guide helps...
High Cholesterol: Frequently Asked Questions
Cholesterol occurs naturally in the body. High blood cholesterol levels increase a person's risk of developing heart disease,...
Most often, caregivers take care of other adults who are ill or disabled. Less often, caregivers are grandparents raising their...
Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (vCJD)
Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) is a degenerative, fatal brain disorder in humans. Symptoms are initially psychiatric or...
Alzheimer's Disease: Financial Planning
Alzheimer's disease can be not only mentally devastating to an indivdiual and family, it can also be emotionally devastating....
Dementia - Symptoms
Are you caring for someone with dementia? What early symptoms did he/she experience at the onset of dementia?Post View 66 Comments
Dementia - Experience
Does someone you know have dementia? Please share your experience.Post View 16 Comments
Dementia - Diagnosis
What tests or exams led to a diagnosis of dementia in a relative or friend?Post View 6 Comments
Dementia - Treatment
What treatment are you or a loved one receiving for dementia?Post
Dementia - Stages
What stage of dementia are you or a loved one dealing with?Post
Dementia - Types
What type of dementia do you or a loved one have?Post View 4 Comments
Dementia - Caretaker
How do you cope with being the caretaker of someone with dementia?Post
Dementia - Risk Factors
Do you have risk factors for dementia?Post View 4 Comments
Local ResourcesFind a local Neurologist in your town
Treatment & Diagnosis
- Loss of Appetite
- Mood Swings
- Difficulty With Speech
- Altered Mental Status
- Poor Hygiene
- Memory Loss
- Vocal Outbursts
- Loss of Speech
- Inability to Regulate Emotions
- Catatonia (Catatonic Behavior)
- Abnormal Facial Expressions
- Unusual Behavior
- Decreased Appetite
- How to Choose a Doctor
- Memory Loss: Can it be Cured? -- Majid Fotuhi, MD -- 6/26/03
- Lack of Facial Expressions
- Doctor: Checklist to Take To Your Doctor's Appointment
- Fecal Incontinence
- Doctor: Getting the Most from Your Doctor's Appointment
- Parkinsons Disease FAQs
- Alzheimers Disease FAQs
- Down Syndrome Causes and Symptoms
- Herbs: Toxicities and Drug Interactions
- Lewy Body Dementia (LBD) Symptoms and Prognosis
- Ten Health Benefits of a Healthy Sex Life
- Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE)
- Nursing Home: How to Evaluate a Nursing Home
- Dementia Prevention: Brain Exercise
- Facts About Thallium Poisoning
- Caring for Someone with Alzheimer's
- Smoking: Does Smoking Protect the Brain? - No
Medications & Supplements
Prevention & Wellness
- An Aging Heart May Weaken Memory
- New Finding Hints at Clue to Dementia
- Resilient Brain Connections May Help Against Alzheimer's
- America's Dementia Caregivers Cite Stresses, Rewards
- Health Tip: Identifying Vascular Dementia
- One Type of Dementia Is Especially Costly
- High Blood Pressure in 40s a Dementia Risk for Women?
- A More Accurate Predictor for Alzheimer's?
- Failing Sense of Smell Tied to Dementia Risk
- High, Low Levels of Magnesium Linked to Dementia Risk
- Many May Get Hospice Care Too Late
- Health Tip: Myths About the Aging Brain
- Remember This: A Healthy Body Keeps the Mind Sharp, Too
- Why Your Nose May Be Key to Parkinson's Risk
- Is Dementia Declining Among Older Americans?
- More Than Half of Americans Will Need Nursing Home Care: Study
- Do Fewer Nightly Dreams Mean Higher Dementia Risk in Seniors?
- Dementia Care: A Huge Financial Burden for U.S. Families
- 'Confusion' Complicates Hospitalization of Elderly
- Popular Heartburn Drugs Don't Raise Risk of Alzheimer's: Study
- Yoga May Boost Aging Brains
- Midlife Behaviors May Affect Your Dementia Risk
- Blood Pressure Fluctuations Tied to Dementia Risk in Study
- Study Links Moderate Drinking to Reduced Risk of Dementia
- Traveling With Dementia: Tips for Family Caregivers
- Moving From 'Stroke Belt' Doesn't Undo Higher Dementia Risk
- Noninvasive Brain Test May Pinpoint Type of Dementia
- Teaching an Old Brain New Tricks
- Healthy Heart in 20s, Better Brain in 40s?
- Study Suggests Many Alzheimer's Patients Don't Have the Disease
- Targeting 9 Risk Factors Could Prevent 1 in 3 Dementia Cases: Study
- Can Daily Crossword Protect You From Dementia?
- Can Poor Sleep Boost Odds for Alzheimer's?
- One Social Hour a Week Can Help Someone With Dementia
- A Healthy Diet May Help Ward Off Dementia
- Living With Purpose May Help Seniors Sleep Soundly
- Severe Head Injury May Raise Dementia Risk Years Later
- Sleep Problems: An Early Warning Sign of Alzheimer's?
- Could a High IQ Mean a Longer Life?
- Popular Heartburn Meds Don't Raise Alzheimer's Risk: Study
- Slowed Walking, Shrinking Brain?
- Boozing Can Age You Right Down to Your Cells
- Lifestyle Changes Might Prevent or Slow Dementia
- Sticky Brain 'Plaques' Implicated in Alzheimer's Again
- Persistent Pain May Lead to Memory Troubles
- Even Moderate Drinking May Dull the Aging Brain
- 'Making the Best of It': Families Face the Heavy Burden of Alzheimer's
- Alzheimer's Deaths Jump 55 Percent: CDC
- Study Looks at Parkinson's Effect on Life Span
- Blood Thinners May Prevent Dementia in Atrial Fibrillation Patients
- Wives, Daughters Shoulder Most of Alzheimer's Care Burden
- Loving, Supportive Kids May Help Lower Seniors' Dementia Risk
- Do Diet Sodas Pose Health Risks?
- Could Young Blood Boost the Aging Brain?
- A Healthy Middle-Aged Heart May Protect Your Brain Later
- Xanax, Valium May Boost Pneumonia Risk in Alzheimer's Patients
- Good Sleep Does Get Tougher With Age
- Drug Tied to Dementia Risk Overprescribed to Seniors: Study
- Could Fading Sense of Smell Mean Death Is Closer?
- Vitamin E, Selenium Supplements Won't Curb Men's Dementia Risk
- 'No One Dies Alone' Program Offers Comfort at Life's End
- Dizzy Spells in Middle-Age Tied to Dementia Risk Later
- Study: Gene Test Needed Before Using Alzheimer's Drug 'Off-Label'
- Immune Disorders Such as MS, Psoriasis May Be Tied to Dementia Risk
- Unhealthy in Middle Age, Dementia in Old Age?
- Is Need for More Sleep a Sign of Pending Dementia?
- Bleeding Strokes Take Heavy Toll on Brain
- Former Teen Heartthrob David Cassidy Has Dementia
- HRT Won't Lower Women's Alzheimer's Risk, Study Finds
- Small Study Uncovers Brain Disease in Former Soccer Players
- Space Reshapes Astronauts' Brains: Study
- Can Air Pollution Heighten Alzheimer's Risk?
- Bilingual People May Have an Edge Against Alzheimer's
- Busy Minds May Be Better at Fighting Dementia
- Amnesia Affecting Some Opioid Abusers
- Lack of Exercise Might Invite Dementia
- Could Obesity Undermine Memory Training in Older Adults?
- Hospital-Related Delirium May Help Worsen Dementia
- Can Coffee Perk Up Heart Health, Too?
- High Blood Pressure May Not Be All Bad in the Elderly: Study
- Common Viruses a Deadly Threat at Nursing Homes
- No Evidence Prevagen Improves Memory: Government Lawsuit
- Want a Sharper Brain as You Age? Volunteer!
- Plant-Based Diets Score Big for Healthy Weight Loss
- More Signs Mediterranean Diet May Boost Your Brain
- Does Living Near Major Roads Boost Dementia Risk?
- Many Misuse OTC Sleep Aids: Survey
- Antipsychotic Drugs May Up Risk of Early Death in Alzheimer's Patients
- Whether Statins Cut Alzheimer's Risk May Depend on Gender, Race
- Beta Blockers May Not Be Best Heart Drugs for Dementia Patients
- Test Predicting Alzheimer's Would Be Welcome, Survey Finds
- Was Football Safer Back in the Day?
- Heart Failure Protein May Signal Early Brain Damage
- Alzheimer's Patients' Use of Painkilling Patches Cause for Concern
- Brain Scan Test Predicts Fall Risk in Elderly
- Aerobic Exercise May Help Guard Against Dementia
- Having Trouble Hearing? Maybe It's Not Your Ears
- Fewer Americans Suffering From Dementia, Study Finds
- Poor Sense of Smell May Signal Alzheimer's Risk
- Some Elderly With Alzheimer's Brain Plaques Stay Sharp
- Brain Scans May Improve Dementia Diagnosis, Treatment
- More Years Playing Football, Greater Risk of Brain Disease: Study
- Could Loneliness Be an Early Sign of Alzheimer's?
- 1 in 4 Seniors Doesn't Discuss End-of-Life Care
- Study Links Disasters to Dementia
- Stronger Muscles May Pump Up Your Memory
- Exercise May Help People Who Already Have Memory Loss
- Health Tip: Risk Factors for Malnutrition
- Can Hormonal Rx for Prostate Cancer Raise Dementia Risk?
- Mars-Bound Astronauts Could Face Dementia Risk, Study Contends
- Sudden Drops in Blood Pressure Tied to Higher Odds for Dementia
- Study Finds Fault With ICU Treatment of Dementia Patients
- High Blood Pressure May Hike Dementia Risk
- Animal Study Hints at Gene Therapy's Possible Promise for Alzheimer's
- Can Childhood Traumas Make You Old Before Your Time?
- 31 Million Older Americans Aren't Getting Enough Exercise
- Brains of 'Super-Agers' Look Decades Younger
- Parents' Psychiatric Issues May Adversely Affect Some Children
- Fallout From 9/11 May Include Early Dementia
- Experimental Test Detects Parkinson's Disease Earlier
- Even a Little Exercise May Help Stave Off Dementia
- Healthy Diet, Exercise May Help Keep Alzheimer's at Bay
- Calcium Supplements Might Raise Older Women's Dementia Risk
- Fewer Advanced Alzheimer's Patients on Feeding Tubes
- Obesity May Age Your Brain
- Underweight Seniors May Have Added Alzheimer's Risk
- Acupuncture May Slow Pre-Dementia Memory Loss: Study
- Does Dementia Diagnosis Have Silver Lining for Some?
- 2 in 10 Alzheimer's Cases May Be Misdiagnosed
- 1 in 10 Alzheimer's Patients at Risk for Avoidable Hospital Stays
- 'Managing' Elderly Patients Without Powerful Antipsychotics
- Women May Be More Resilient to Effects of Alzheimer's Genes
- People-Oriented Jobs May Help Lower Alzheimer's Risk
- Behavior Changes May Be First Signs of Alzheimer's
- Alzheimer's May Hamper Ability to Perceive Pain
- Midlife Memory Lapses May Be Normal Part of Aging
- Health Before a Stroke Is Big Predictor of Second Attack
- Alzheimer's Gene May Show Effects in Childhood
- Cancer Drug Shows Early Promise for Parkinson's Disease
- Study Links Severe Head Injury to Parkinson's Risk
- FAQ: What Is Early-Onset Alzheimer's Disease?
- Gene Test Might One Day Gauge Alzheimer's Risk in Younger Adults
- Memory Loss: Normal or a Sign of Trouble?
- Basketball Legend Pat Summitt's Death Points to Ravages of Early Alzheimer's
- Type of Disease May Dictate End-of-Life Care
- Donated Blood Won't Transmit Alzheimer's, Parkinson's Disease
- Health Tip: Get Checked for High Blood Pressure
- Clashes at Nursing Homes Not Uncommon
- Dangerous Urinary Tract Infections Common in Nursing Homes
- Intensive Blood Sugar Control May Be Too Much for Some With Type 2 Diabetes
- Delays in Spotting Dementia Can Bring Dangers
- Early Alzheimer's Linked to Brain 'Leakage'
- Blood Pressure Swings Linked to Faster Decline in Mental Skills
- Loss of Y Chromosome in Men Tied to Alzheimer's Risk
- Keep Busy! Stay Sharp!
- Why Pleasant Mealtimes Could Be Key to Alzheimer's Care
- Meditation May Sharpen Memory
- Common Meds and Dementia: How Strong Is the Link?
- Widely Used Heart Drug Tied to Dementia Risk
- Nuplazid Approved for Parkinson's Hallucinations
- Seniors' Worsening Depression May Sometimes Predict Dementia
- Type 2 Diabetes May Damage Hearing, Study Finds
- Hearing Aids May Help Keep Seniors' Minds Sharp
- Are People With Rosacea at Higher Risk for Alzheimer's?
- Do Genes That Protect Against Dementia Guard Against Chronic Diseases?
- HIV Patients Now Living Long Enough to Develop Alzheimer's
- Severe Depression Linked to Dementia in Seniors
- Is Seniors' Dental Health Tied to Mental Health?
- Scientists Reduce Alzheimer's-Linked Brain Plaques in Mice
- Caregivers Often Give Up Necessities to Cover Alzheimer's Costs
- Could Less Time Spent Online Signal Early Alzheimer's?
- Exercise May Keep Your Brain 10 Years Younger, Study Suggests
- More Older Women Now Living With 'Moderate' Disability, Study Shows
- Even Gardening or Dancing Might Cut Alzheimer's Risk
- Research Offers Clues to Dementia With Language Loss
- Anesthesia Not Linked to Long-Term Mental Decline, Study Finds
- Computer Use May Help Deflect Seniors' Memory Problems
- Survey Reveals Beliefs, Behaviors on Alzheimer's
- Healthier Arteries May Lower Dementia Risk in Old Age
- Are Women the Key to Unlocking Alzheimer's?
- Alzheimer's Risk: Do You Want to Know?
- Widely Used Heartburn Drugs Linked to Dementia Risk in Study
- Helping With Health Care Takes Heavy Toll on Caregivers
- U.S. Dementia Rates Seem to Be Falling, Study Finds
- Anxiety Meds Like Valium, Xanax Won't Raise Seniors' Dementia Risk: Study
- Head Injuries Tied to Buildup of Alzheimer's Plaques, Small Study Finds
- Weight Loss Starting at Midlife Tied to Later Dementia Risk in Study
- Seafood Might Protect Brain in People at Genetic Risk for Alzheimer's
- Too Few Older Adults Tell Doctors About Memory Loss: Study
- Brain Protein Might Offer New Clues to Alzheimer's Treatment
- Computer-Based Test Aims to Predict Dementia Risk
- Clot-Busters Might Be Useful for 'Previously Dependent' Stroke Patients
- Anesthesia After 40 Not Linked to Mental Decline Later, Study Finds
- Screen Nursing Home Residents for B12 Deficiency: Researchers
- Dementia Drug May Lower Risk of Falls Among Parkinson's Patients
- Feds Crack Down on False Brain-Training Claims
- Type 2 Diabetes May Raise Dementia Risk, Especially in Women: Study
- Singing Hits a High Note for Folks With Early Dementia
- Seniors Who Head Back to School May Reduce Dementia Risk
- Stress May Boost Risk for Alzheimer's-Linked Thinking Problems
- Could Dim View on Aging Raise Your Alzheimer's Risk?
- Many U.S. Primary Care Docs Feel Unprepared for Complex Cases: Survey
- Slowed Walking in Seniors May Signal Alzheimer's Danger
- Genes May Help Shield Seniors From Mental Decline: Study
- Health Tip: Promote Better Brain Health
- Adult Obesity Still Growing in U.S., Youth Rates Hold Steady: CDC
- Feeling Extra Forgetful May Signal Dementia Ahead
- End-of-Life Care for Dementia Much Pricier Than for Other Ills
- Celiac Disease Doesn't Seem to Boost Dementia Risk: Study
- Brain Differences Seen in Young Adults at Genetic Risk of Alzheimer's
- Size of These Brain Parts Tied to Dementia Risk
- Infections, Not Clumsiness, Cause Many Falls
- Weight, Growth Early in Life May Affect Adult Brain
- Drug May Calm Agitation in Alzheimer's Patients
- Hi-Tech Scans Spot Brain Damage in High Blood Pressure Patients
- Too Little Vitamin D May Hasten Mental Decline
- Women the Bigger Losers in Terms of Alzheimer's Costs
- Tight Control of Type 2 Diabetes May Help Prevent Dementia
- Delirium in Older Surgical Patients Threatens Recovery
- Awareness of Memory Problems Fades a Few Years Before Dementia: Study
- Exercise, Supplements Like Fish Oil Won't Keep Elderly Sharper: Studies
- 9 Factors You Can Control May Be Key to Alzheimer's Risk
- Why the Aging Brain Is More Vulnerable to Alzheimer's
- The Most Effective Way to Protect an Aging Brain
- Kidney Problems Linked to Brain Disorders: Study
- Poor Thinking Skills in Seniors Linked to Heart Attack, Stroke Risks
- Dementia Meds May Lead to Harmful Weight Loss: Study
- Regular, Moderate Coffee Drinking Tied to Better Brain Health in Seniors
- High Blood Sugar May Boost Alzheimer's Risk
- Heart Disease, Alzheimer's Linked by Common Risk Factors
- Exercise May Buffer Symptoms of Early Alzheimer's
- Healthy Diet May Help Shield the Aging Brain
- Dementia Risk May Be Dropping With Generations
- New Drugs Show Signs of Slowing Alzheimer's
- Pain Often Hinders Seniors With Dementia
- Will Good Students Be Able to Sidestep Alzheimer's?
- Women Descend Into Alzheimer's at Twice the Speed of Men: Study
- Type 1 Diabetes Linked to Higher Risk of Dementia
- Too Much TV, Too Little Exercise When Young May Hasten Mental Decline Later
- Gene Linked to Alzheimer's May Affect Brain Early
- Brain Changes Differ by Race With Alzheimer's Disease: Study
- Uncontrolled Diabetes May Boost Dementia Risk
- A Healthy Body Often Equals a Healthy Brain
- Memory, Thinking Tests May Hint at Alzheimer's Risk
- Blood Proteins May Provide Early Clue to Alzheimer's
- Exercise, Games, Puzzles Don't Prevent Signs of Alzheimer's in the Brain: Study
- Alzheimer's-Linked Brain Proteins Tied to Poor Sleep in Study
- Rugby Player's Head Injuries Linked to Brain Decline
- Alzheimer's-Linked Brain Plaques May Arise Decades Before Symptoms
- The Plight of America's 'Elder Orphans'
- 'Medical Marijuana' Pill Falls Short in Dementia Study
- Your Plate May Hold the Key to Alzheimer's
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder May Be Linked to Accelerated Aging
- When You Eat, Not Just What, May Impact Health
- Healthy Eating May Shield the Aging Brain
- Nursing Homes Using Hospice Care More, But at a Cost
- Smog May Be Harming Your Brain
- Brain Scans Give Clues to Link Between Alzheimer's, Down Syndrome
- Depression Plus Diabetes May Boost Dementia Risk
- Could Obesity Help Protect Against Dementia?
- Arts, Crafts, Socializing May Buoy the Aging Brain
- Green Tea Linked to Lower Risk for Dementia
- Head Injuries May Prematurely Age the Brain, Study Suggests
- Lots of Leafy Greens Might Shield Aging Brains, Study Finds
- Could a Diet Help Shield You From Alzheimer's?
- For Safety's Sake: A Young Star Player Quits Pro Football...
- Antipsychotics May Be Deadlier Than Thought for Dementia Patients
- Researchers Develop Screening for Early Memory Troubles
- Age-Linked Memory Loss May Be Worse for Men, Study Finds
- Cochlear Implants May Also Boost Seniors' Mood, Thinking: Study
- Ultrasound Used to Attack Alzheimer's-Linked Brain Plaque in Mice
- Healthy Lifestyle May Guard Against Dementia
- Good Heart Health May Help Stave Off Dementia, Study Says
- British Scientists Spot Brain's Pain Center
- Many U.S. Households Include Someone With Failing Memory
- Brain Protein Tied to Alzheimer's Spotted in Young Adults
- Diabetes and Dementia May Be Linked
- 'Long Life' Gene Might Make Some Smarter, Too: Study
- Certain Allergy, Depression Meds Tied to Higher Odds for Dementia
- Leaks in Brain May Contribute to Dementia
- Depression, Anxiety Can Precede Memory Loss in Alzheimer's, Study Finds
- Petty 'Crimes' Sometimes Tied to Dementia
- The Promise and Perils of Brain Training
- Playing Computer Games to Boost Aging Brains
- Sleep Apnea May Raise Risk for Dementia
- Midlife Diabetes Linked to Memory Problems Later
- Senior-to-Senior Aggression Common in U.S. Nursing Homes
- Could Your Job Help Preserve Your Aging Brain?
- Pain, Depression Tied to Delirium Risk After Surgery for Seniors
- Many Americans May Get Hospice Care Too Late
- Irregular Heartbeat Doubles Risk for 'Silent Strokes,' Review Suggests
- Is Tau the 'How' Behind Alzheimer's?
- Adult Asthma Linked to Higher Dementia Risk
- Brain Injuries in Older Age Could Boost Dementia Risk, Study Finds
- Studies Link Cold Sore Virus to Alzheimer's Risk
- Special Cocoa Drink May Improve Age-Related Memory Loss
- Scientists Inch Closer to Alzheimer's Origins
- Report Claims Success Treating Alzheimer's Memory Loss
- MRI May Spot Early Signs of Mental Decline, Study Finds
- Could a Fading Sense of Smell Point to Earlier Death?
- Jealous, Moody Women May Face Higher Alzheimer's Risk, Study Says
- Memory Slips in Senior Years May Signal Dementia Risk
- Healthy Lifestyle Changes Linked to Reduced Risk for Dementia
- Not Everyone With Alzheimer's-Linked Protein Develops Dementia: Study
- Advanced Dementia Patients Often Given Unhelpful Meds: Study
- Study: Rare Blood Type May Slightly Raise Dementia Risk
- Anxiety Medications May Be Tied to Alzheimer's Risk
- Seniors' Sleep Woes May Be Linked to Loss of Brain Cells
- Certain Antipsychotic Meds Tied to Kidney Problems in Elderly
- Low Vitamin D Levels May Boost Alzheimer's Risk, Study Finds
- High Blood Pressure in Middle Age, Weaker Brain Later?
- Scientists Shed Light on Link Between Depression, Dementia
- Gardens a Center of Calm for People With Dementia
- Adults Who've Abused Alcohol May Be at Risk for Memory Problems
- Pacemakers Common for Those With Dementia and Irregular Heartbeats
- Guns and Dementia
- A Healthy Lifestyle May Deflect Dementia
- High Blood Pressure May Protect the Very Old From Dementia
- Alzheimer's Rate Falling in the United States, Studies Show
- Study: 1 in 3 Alzheimer's Cases 'Preventable'
- Cataract Surgery a Plus for Someone With Dementia, Study Says
- Could a Simple Smell Test Help Spot Alzheimer's Early?
- Staying Active May Help Prevent Dementia
- Can Games, Puzzles Keep Aging Minds Sharp?
- Widowhood May Delay Dementia in Some Seniors, Study Finds
- Health Highlights: July 8, 2014
- Brisk Walking May Help Curb Parkinson's Symptoms
- Veterans With Brain Injury May Be at Risk for Dementia: Study
- Lifetime of Learning Might Thwart Dementia, Study Suggests
- Yoga, Meditation May Help Dementia Patients and Caregivers Alike
- Blood Pressure History May Affect Brain Function in Old Age
- Anti-Alzheimer's Drug Shows Promise in Mice Study
- Schizophrenia May Raise Dementia Risk in Older Adults
- Cynics at Higher Risk for Dementia? Yea, Right
- Could Certain Antidepressants Slow Alzheimer's?
- Smaller Brain Volume Seen in College Football Players in Study
- Workplace Solvents Linked to Long-Term Memory, Thinking Problems
- Young Blood Boosts Brains of Old Mice
- Type 2 Diabetes May Shrink the Brain, Study Suggests
- Seniors Who Suffer Mental Declines May Face Earlier Death: Study
- People With More Education May Recover Better From Brain Injury
- Apathy Might Signal Brain Shrinkage in Old Age: Study
- A Failing Mind May Mean Lower Cancer Death Risk, Study Suggests
- Aerobic Exercise May Help Older Women at Risk for Dementia
- Your Mentally Stimulating Job May Help Keep You Sharp in Retirement
- More Research Links Poor Heart Health With Alzheimer's Risk
- Jury Still Out on Routine Dementia Screening for Seniors
- Alzheimer's Strikes Women Harder Than Men: Report
- Lower IQ, Worse Heart Fitness in Teens Linked to Risk of Early Dementia in Men
- 'Senior Moments' Don't Seem to Lead to Dementia for Most
- Poor Fitness in Middle Age Tied to Higher Risk of Dementia
- Controlling Blood Pressure, Cholesterol May Not Boost Brain Health for Diabetics
- High Estrogen Levels Plus Diabetes May Boost Dementia Risk
- Hearing Loss Tied to Faster Brain Shrinkage With Age
- My Father's Keeper: Caring for a Parent With Dementia
- Fish Oil Might Guard Against Loss of Brain Cells
- Vitamin D Levels Linked to Parkinson's Symptoms
- 2 Alzheimer's Drugs Found Ineffective in Clinical Trials
- For Seniors With Dementia, the Choice to Live Alone Can Be a Risky One
- Unhealthy Cholesterol Levels Might Raise Alzheimer's Risk
- Underactive Thyroid Not Linked to Memory Problems
- Portable Bed Rails Can Pose Safety Hazard, FDA Says
- Concussions Linked to Alzheimer's Risk in Study
- Simple Steps Could Keep People With Dementia at Home Longer: Study
- Dementia Risk Might Rise for Older Women With Heart Disease
- Could Poor Dental Health Signal a Faltering Mind?
- Potentially Helpful Omega-3 Fatty Acids Can Cross to Brain: Study
- 135 Million People Worldwide Will Have Dementia by 2050: Report
- Deciphering the DNA of Alzheimer's Patients
- Want to Stay Young? Start Moving
- Concussion's Damage to Brain Lingers After Symptoms Fade: Study
- Statins Not Linked to Memory Loss, Dementia, Review Suggests
- No Connection Seen Between Dementia, Common Eye Disease
- Alzheimer's-Like Plaque Seen on Brain Scans After Head Trauma
- Speaking Two Languages May Delay Dementia Symptoms
- Jury Still Out on Routine Mental Tests for Seniors, Panel Says
- No Routine Mental Tests for Seniors -- At Least Not Yet, Panel Says
- J&J to Pay $2 Billion for Improperly Marketing Antipsychotic Drug
- Brain-Imaging Drug Approved for Alzheimer's Detection
- Good News for Caregivers: You May Live Longer
- Common Blood Pressure Drugs Tied to Lower Risk of Alzheimer's: Study
- Occupational Hazard for Teachers?
- Link Seen Between Hardening of Arteries, Alzheimer's Plaques
- A Link Between Gum Disease and Alzheimer's?
- Statins May Not Harm Memory, Thinking After All
- Aging Brain May Have More Trouble With Financial Decisions: Study
- Stressful Middle Age Tied to Higher Alzheimer's Risk in Women
- Study Questions Fish Oil Brain Claims
- Overlooked Delirium Worsens Hospital Course for People With Dementia
- Parkinson's Patients at Genetic Risk for Dementia Might Be Identified Sooner
- Alzheimer's 'Epidemic' Straining Caregiver, Community Resources: Report
- Healthy Lifestyle May Reverse Cellular Aging, Study Suggests
- Polishing the Gems Who Are Alzheimer's Patients
- Mediterranean Diet May Be Good for the Brain
- Health Highlights: Aug. 30, 2013
- Brain Protein Is a Key to 'Senior Moments,' Study Finds
- U.S. Nursing Homes Reducing Use of Antipsychotic Drugs
- Spinal Fluid Test May Aid Early Detection of Parkinson's Disease
- Simple Test May Spot Dementia Risk in Seniors With Diabetes
- Depression in Diabetes Patients Linked to Dementia, Study Finds
- Many Risk Factors for Early Dementia Can Show Up in Teens
- Famous Face Test May Spot Early Dementia
- Could Hot Cocoa Improve Brainpower in Seniors?
- High Blood Sugar Levels Tied to Small Increases in Dementia Risk
- Anemia Might Raise Dementia Risk, Study Suggests
- Can Poor Dental Health Cause Dementia?
- Blood Pressure Swings Could Be Linked to Mental Decline: Study
- Diabetes Doesn't Seem to Affect Alzheimer's Disease Progression
- Common Blood Pressure Drugs May Help Slow Dementia
- Memory Worries May Be Early Sign of Alzheimer's
- Scientists Detail Alzheimer's Progression, Step by Step
- No Benefit to Community-Wide Dementia Screening: Review
- Mental Decline Seen Earlier When Epilepsy Present, Study Suggests
- Diabetes Drug May Protect the Brain
- Putting Off Retirement May Help Stave Off Alzheimer's
- Cancer, Chemo May Lower Alzheimer's Risk, Study Suggests
- Cancer Patients Less Likely to Get Alzheimer's, Study Finds
- Today's 90-Somethings Seem Sharper Than Predecessors
- Disability Often Goes Hand-in-Hand With Old Age
- Lifelong Reading, Hobbies Might Help Stave Off Dementia
- Two-Pronged Anxiety Treatment Aids Older Adults
- Saturated Fat May Make the Brain Vulnerable to Alzheimer's
- Study: Low Blood Pressure May Weaken Brains of Some Heart Patients
- Low Blood Sugar May Raise Dementia Risk in Diabetics: Study
- For Alzheimer's Caregivers, a Much-Needed Break
- Irregular Heartbeat May Speed Memory Loss in Seniors
- Alzheimer's Drugs May Benefit Heart, Study Finds
- Alzheimer's Patients Mimic Emotions of Those Around Them: Study
- Many Seniors Suffer Mental Decline in Silence: CDC
- General Anesthesia Not Linked to Raised Risk for Dementia
- Mediterranean Diet Might Help Stave Off Dementia
- Exercise May Blunt Heavy Drinking's Effect on Brain
- Exercise May Help People With Alzheimer's Avoid Nursing Homes
- Mental Exercise May Help Keep Seniors Sharp
- Newly Created Rats Designed to Speed Alzheimer's Research
- Newly Created Rats Designed to Speed Alzheimer's Research
- U.S. Spends More on Dementia Care Than Heart Disease or Cancer: Study
- Heart Risks May Also Point to Dementia Risk
- Researchers Test Implanted Brain Stimulator for Alzheimer's
- Could Herpes Virus Affect Memory in Older Adults?
- Early Thinking Problems May Signal Future Dementia in Parkinson's Patients
- Acting Out Dreams During Sleep May Signal Dementia
- High Blood Pressure May Add to Alzheimer's Risk, Study Finds
- A Third of U.S. Seniors Die With Dementia, Study Finds
- Experimental Alzheimer's Drug Shows Promise, Study Finds
- More Regular Meals May Improve Dementia Care
- High-Antioxidant Diet May Not Prevent Stroke, Dementia, Study Finds
- Number of Americans With Alzheimer's May Triple by 2050
- Exercising at Midlife May Stave Off Dementia Down the Road
- Heart Problems Tied to Early Signs of Dementia
- PET Scans Helpful, But Not Definitive for Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- More Evidence Ties Heart Disease to Mental Decline
- Hearing Loss Linked to Mental Decline in Elderly
- Deer Ticks Carry Yet Another Bacterial Threat
- U.S. Launches Extensive Alzheimer's Studies
- Dementia, Late-Life Depression May Be Linked
- Brain Injury Doesn't Raise Dementia Risk for Most: Study
- Depression in Elderly May Predict Dementia
- Loneliness May Boost Odds of Dementia
- Health Tip: If Dementia Causes Sleep Problems
- Long-Term Use of Some Antipsychotics Not Warranted in Older Adults: Study
- Health Highlights: Nov. 26, 2012
- Alzheimer's May Progress Differently in Women, Men
- Hearing Loss Tied to Diabetes in Study
- Scientists ID Gene Mutation That May Triple Alzheimer's Risk
- Migraines' Brain Changes Not Linked to Mental Harm
- Doctors Often Misinterpret Patients' Wishes, Study Says
- Elevated BP May Prematurely Age the Brain
- Physical Activity Boosts Brain Health
- Daily Aspirin May Bolster Aging Brain, Study Shows
- Frailty Linked to Dementia in Oldest Adults
- Hormones May Not Raise Alzheimer's Risks
- Panel Advises Against Hormones to Prevent Disease
- Exercise Protects Aging Brains Better
- Blood Test May Help Define Breast Cancer Risk in Older Women
- Alzheimer's: Are Antipsychotic Drugs Worth It?
- Drugs to Prevent Alzheimer's to Be Tested in Large Trial
- Hormone Therapy May Benefit Some Women's Hearts
- 'Junk Food' May Significantly Hike Risk of Stroke, Researchers Say
- Aspirin May Help Preserve Brain Function in Older Women With Heart Disease
- Insomnia, Anxiety Drugs May Raise Dementia Risk
- Misdiagnosis Common for Rare Brain Disease: Study
- Some Blood Pressure Drugs Might Help Slow Alzheimer's: Study
- Ginkgo Biloba Doesn't Protect From Alzheimer's
- Discovery May Improve Diagnosis of Alzheimer's, Parkinson's
- Mental Skills Decline More Sharply for Women With Alzheimer's: Study
- Alzheimer's Drug Shows Some Promise in Trials
- Obesity in Middle Age Tied to More Rapid Mental Decline: Study
- Some Families May Have Natural Protection Against Dementia
- More Kids Taking Antipsychotics for ADHD: Study
- Drug May Slow Memory Loss in Early Alzheimer's
- Alzheimer's Progression Slower After 80: Study
- The Health Benefits, and Risks, of Alcohol
- Home-Based Care Teams Offer Help for Those With Dementia
- Scientists Say Blood Test May Help Predict Alzheimer's
- Preventive Measures Pay Off for Those at Risk of Stroke
- Alcohol May Not Be Kind to the Aging Brain
- Even Slight Mental Decline Can Harm Health, Studies Suggest
- Get This Much Sleep for a Sharp Memory
- Faltering Steps May Indicate Oncoming Dementia
- Exercise Can Shield the Aging Brain, Studies Show
- Brain Scans Using New Dye May Predict Alzheimer's
- Descent Into Alzheimer's Detailed
- Gene May Protect Against Alzheimer's Disease
- Aging Boomers' Mental Health Woes Will Swamp Health System: Report
- Nutrient Drink Might Boost Memory in Early Alzheimer's: Study
- Scientists Use Stem Cells to Mimic Huntington's Disease
- Study of Retired NFL Players Finds Evidence of Brain Damage
- Smoking, Pesticides Might Spur Rare 'Sleep-Kicking' Disorder
- 'Absentminded' Errors Common in Older Adults: Study
- For Combat Vets, Brain Injury Symptoms Can Last Years
- Diabetes May Hasten Mental Decline
- Health Tip: When Memory Loss Isn't Normal
- Seniors' Attitude on Age May Affect Dementia Test Results: Study
- Omega-3 Supplements May Not Aid Aging Brain
- Could Slow Walking Foreshadow Early Dementia?
- Ex-Players Sue NFL Over Brain Injuries
- Drinking Coffee May Delay Alzheimer's Disease
- U.S. Program Targets Antipsychotic Drug Use in Nursing Homes
- Healthy Brain Connections Help Maintain Intellect in Old Age
- Trial Set to See if Drug Can Prevent Alzheimer's
- For Dementia Patients, Feeding Tubes May Increase Bed Sores
- Older People With Dementia Cared for Mostly at Home
- Concussions: Girls Have Longer Recovery Time
- Smell Tests Don't Predict Alzheimer's, Study Finds
- Statins May Help Prevent Irregular Heartbeat in Elderly
- Depression in Mid-Life Linked to Higher Odds for Later Dementia
- Having a 'Purpose in Life' May Help Shield You From Dementia
- Fish, Flaxseed May Lower Alzheimer's Risk
- Exercise Plus Computer Time May Boost Seniors' Brains
- For a Healthy Aging Brain, 'Use It or Lose It'
- Berries May Slow Memory Loss
- Strength Training May Give Boost to Seniors' Brains
- Basketball Legend Pat Summitt Leaving as Tennessee Women's Coach
- When Does Boxing-Related Head Trauma Become Too Much?
- Any Exercise May Cut Alzheimer's Risk at Any Age
- Researchers ID Genes That May Determine Mental Illness
- Health Highlights: April 11, 2012
- Brain Falters Near End of Life, but Games, Puzzles Might Slow Decline
- Health Tip: Ways to Keep Your Memory Sharp
- Antipsychotic Drugs Might Raise Heart Attack Risk: Study
- Brain Scans Suggest How Alzheimer's Spreads
- Obesity Linked to Poorer Mental Skills in Seniors
- Memory Problems May Worsen After Hospital Stay
- Antioxidants May Not Help Alzheimer's Patients
- Eye Disease Linked to Memory Decline
- Berries Boost Brain Function
- Alzheimer's, Dementia Care to Cost U.S. $200 Billion This Year
- 1 in 7 People With Alzheimer's Lives Alone
- Longer Use of Alzheimer's Drug May Help Patients
- Statin Risks Outweighed by Statin Benefits
- Sports Concussion: Myths and Facts
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids Help Brain Age Better
- Irregular Heart Rhythm Linked to Mental Problems
- Dementia: Some Antipsychotic Drugs Riskier Than Others
- Faster Walkers Have Lower Odds of Memory Problems
- Brain Scans May One Day Be Used to Predict Dementia
- Millions of Americans Have Untreated Hearing Loss: Study
- Could Sleep Problems Predict Alzheimer's?
- Exercise a Defense Against Dementia: Study
- Smog May Harm Women's Brains: Study
- Mediterranean Diet May Protect Brain
- Screening by Primary-Care Doctors May Spot Dementia
- Overeating May Raise Risk for Memory Problems
- Electrical Brain Stimulation May Strengthen Memory, Study Says
- New Alzheimer's Guidelines May Confuse Diagnosis
- Smoking in Men Speeds Up Mental Decline
- Health Highlights: Feb. 3, 2012
- Mouse Study Suggests Alzheimer's Spreads Through Brain Like an Infection
- Worrying Too Much Might Raise Your Risk for Stroke
- Same Genes Key to Early & Late-Onset Alzheimer's: Study
- Signs of Alzheimer's May Show Up Years Before Symptoms
- Pets Help Women Cope With HIV/AIDS
- Mild Memory Problems May Be More Common in Men
- Antidepressants Might Raise Fall Risk in Nursing Homes
- Health Highlights: Jan. 17, 2012
- U.S. Wants to Buttress Alzheimer's Arsenal by 2025
- Exercise May Help Those at Higher Risk for Alzheimer's: Study
- Memory Loss May Occur as Early as 40s
- Race, Gender, Dementia May Affect Parkinson's Survival
- Insulin-Linked Hormone May Also Raise Alzheimer's Risk
- Changes in Cerebrospinal Fluid May Signal Early Alzheimer's
- Know the Signs of Alzheimer's
- 'Silent Strokes' Linked to Memory Loss in Elderly: Study
- Diet Patterns Linked With Brain Health
- Thinner Brains Could Signal Alzheimer's, Study Suggests
- Chorus Gives Voice to Those With Alzheimer's
- 'Body Clock' Might Affect Women's Dementia Risk
- Health Tip: At Risk for Hip Fracture?
- Brain Changes May Be Tied to Parkinson's Dementia
- Lower Weight May Be Early Alzheimer's Sign
- Key Challenges for Fighting Alzheimer's Disease
- Eye Surgery Improves Mood of Alzheimer's Patients
- Foundation Aims to Raise Awareness of Brain Diseases
- New Alzheimer's Drug Shows Early Promise
- Gauging General Health as 'Poor' May Point to Dementia Risk
- Laughter Might Be Good Medicine for Alzheimer's Patients
- Abnormal Protein May Explain Loss of Smell With Alzheimer's
- Health Highlights: Sept. 8, 2011
- Study: Memory Loss Boosts Risk of Death
- Brain Scans Show Risk Factor for Alzheimer's
- Breathing Problems During Sleep Linked to Memory Problems
- Many Older Americans Have Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Study: Blood Test Detects Early Alzheimer's
- Hearing Loss May Skew Alzheimer's Test Results
- Omega-3s Linked to Lower Dementia Risk
- Do-Not-Resuscitate Orders Tougher When It's Not Patient's Call
- Dementia Risk for Retired Football Players?
- Mom Has Alzheimer's? Your Risk May Be High
- Eye Test Spots Alzheimer's Before Symptoms
- Baby Aspirin May Help Memory, Thinking Skills
- Maintaining Good Health May Reduce Dementia Risk
- PET Scans May Help With Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Breast Cancer Plus Other Health Issues Linked to Worse Outcomes
- Protein Levels in Spinal Fluid May Spot Alzheimer's
- Being 'Born-Again' Linked to More Brain Atrophy: Study
- Alzheimer's Caregivers May Be at Risk for Dementia
- Four in 10 Over Age 85 Have Cognitive Impairment
- New Alzheimer's Guidelines Stress Early Diagnosis
- Embarrassed by Your Singing? It's a Clue to Brain Health
- Brain Shrinkage May Help Predict Alzheimer's
- Brisk Walk Can Boost Blood Flow to the Brain: Report
- Sleep Apnea, Daytime Sleepiness: Risky Combo
- Alzheimer's Disease May Be Misdiagnosed
- Being Multilingual Cuts Risk of Memory Problems
- Metabolic Syndrome Linked to Memory Loss
- Beta-Amyloid May Identify Alzheimer's Disease
- Study: Newer Antipsychotic Drugs Are Overused
- Advances Made Toward Alzheimer's Blood Test
- Good Cholesterol May Lower Risk of Alzheimer's Disease
- Arthritis Drugs Linked to Lower Odds of Alzheimer's
- Walking May Ward Off Memory Loss
- Low Testosterone Linked to Alzheimer's Risk
- Why Older People Are Forgetful
- Memory Loss May Be More Common in Men
- Type 2 Diabetes May Have Link to Alzheimer's
- Wine May Cut Decline in Thinking Skills
- Low Blood Flow Ages Brain Faster
- New Recommendations for Alzheimer's Diagnosis
- Vitamins D and E May Affect Dementia Risk
- Depression Linked to Alzheimer's Disease
- Might You Live to 100? Gene Test Tells
- Predicting Alzheimer's: PET Scan Plus Memory Test Works Best
- Researchers Find Clues for Early Alzheimer's
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Linked to Dementia
- Exercise May Buffer Effects of Stress
- Dementia Risk Higher if Your Spouse Has Dementia
- Computer Use, Exercise May Save Memory
- Formula Predicts Alzheimer's Longevity
- When Should Dementia Patients Stop Driving?
- Foods That Fight Alzheimer's Disease
- Single Men Have Higher Risk of Stroke
- Hospital Stays Raise Dementia Risk
- Coffee and Your Health
- Senior Health: Talking With Your Doctor
- Aging: The Aging Mind
- Older Drivers - When Should You Stop Driving?
- Dementia Patients On Antipsychotic Meds At Risk
- Depression in Older Men
- Forgetfulness: It's Not Always What You Think
- Alzheimer's Disease: Coping with Changes in Daily Life
- Alzheimer's Disease: Caregiving Challenges
- Alzheimer's Drug Approved (Memantine)
- To Drive Or Not To Drive
- Estrogen & Dementia, No Significant Link
- Memory - Use it Or Lose It
- Vitamin B12...Essential & Helpful
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Senior Health Newsletter