Patient Comments: Dehydration - Prevention

Please provide tips and suggestions for preventing dehydration. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 12

Just drink water. I went to military school for three years, so I am familiar with dehydration and have had to work out while dehydrated. I got used to it, and now I don't really drink any water. Now I can do cardio with only a little sweat. That's bad, everyone. Just drink water… eight cups a day -- three are from regular meals and the rest can be when snacking and brushing teeth.

Comment from: helper, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

If you get severely dehydrated, get medical help right away! Do not eat anything - just drink water while you wait to get help. Otherwise, in this situation, blood will go to your stomach etc. and your blood pressure will drop suddenly and your body can go into shock , which is a dangerous thing. I was unable to think clearly because I was severly dehydrated and I got into a really bad state.

View Dehydration Slideshow