Patient Comments: Date Rape Drugs - Experience

Please share your personal experience with date rape drugs. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: terry, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 08

I have been date raped with a drug. A friend was a fantasy dreamer. I had bad effects after the incident. Black outs, headache, tiredness, chills, hot flashes, and nausea like the flu. I locked my doors. I am glad I got away from all this after 3 years.

Comment from: lori, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

On two occasions I was given a beer and blacked out. I believe both were the date rape drug. I was unable to form conscious thought afterward. It took decades before I could consciously say I was attacked with the date rape drug. It destroyed college and my behavior at times is like I was operating multiple personalities. In my mind a sane person would not drink and take the chance.

Comment from: Ginnyl, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I went to a house party and was given two drinks. I only sip my drinks and never had been drunk until this night. I remember waking up on a couch as a 'friend' carried me upstairs to a bedroom. I was raped by several guys. I quit college and moved a thousand miles away, I even changed my name. I'm getting professional help and will not let this ruin my life.

Comment from: sonyalee123, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I went out for about five hours to the local clubs with friends and family. Everything was fine at the first place and I had 2 drinks and 2 water within 4 hours. Then we left there and went to get a burger and on to the next club. I remember the first few sips of my drink and then nothing else. I woke this morning half undressed in my bed, but how did that happen? My head hurt terribly badly and I threw up twice. It was awful. I have been in bed all day. Called my best female friend and she said we went to breakfast and everything. I don't remember anything at all. Pretty scary.

Comment from: wondering, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 17

Being in college in the mid-70s no one really talked about date rape drugs. I remember going out one night and my girlfriends were all going home. I wanted to stay out and told them I'd get a ride home. There was an after-hours frat 'party' that I was being encouraged to go to. I hesitated as the guy who asked me I didn't know well. Another girl said she was going and would gladly give me a ride there and home. I also didn't know her well, but I figured I was safe. I had been drinking, but seemed okay. They all started smoking pot and I didn't because I didn't smoke. I was offered a drink which I took. I remember feeling woozy and I was asked if I wanted to lie down. I did and who knows how much later I woke up disoriented with a guy on top of me and another watching. I remember being scared and telling him no, but not really doing anything. I woke up a little later and slipped out of the bed and found my way home. I told no one as I was embarrassed and just assumed I must have drunk more than I thought. Two months later I had an abortion from this ordeal and I never told anyone. I took care of it all myself. It wasn't until decades later that I have wondered if I was indeed given some type of date rape drug.

Comment from: Confused, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

My only mistake was not knowing this article before going out that night. I had 3 beers and after an hour I started feeling really drunk. I woke up with no clothes on. I didn"t think anything of it because I just remember having a few. I blacked out. I don"t remember anything at the car except getting sick. The next day I was extremely hung over. A couple of days later my friend said I went home with a guy and he was bragging I slept with him, I don"t even remember seeing him. It has been over 72 hours so I can"t get tested but glad I am alive. Please everyone watch your drinks. Scared me a lot that this could happen to me.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

In my situation, the drug was administered through a cup of coffee. The memory of the actual event, as clear today as it was then. I began to get sleepy, which facilitated the ability to remove my clothing. I remember thinking, I didn"t want to do this, but the "man", quoted because I use this term sarcastically, I trusted. Immediately after I felt a headache, something wrong, so I took a shower. Keeping calm, although confused, as I stood at the door, I felt a vein give in my brain. This drug caused me to have an aneurism. The effects, 7 years later, I have to concentrate on things I once took for granted. I fight every day to regain to full capacity, the passion for life I once had. All I can offer to those reading this, is if you think you"ve been a victim, seek professional help, as soon as possible, and go as you are. I"ve since learned the number one reason why animals get away with this is because of shame. Do not feel ashamed for living a day in your life.

Comment from: whyme, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I was at home having a drink in the backyard with a friend who lived upstairs and when I woke in my bed, my pelvic area was extremely sore and my vagina was extremely dilated. I had not had sex in months and clearly remember while on my second drink I didn't want any more to drink.

Prescription Drug Abuse Statistics
Comment from: channel, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I am still in trauma and would like to hear from others for support.

Prescription Drug Abuse Statistics