Current Health News
Saturday, March 28, 2020
- Lonely, Anxious Seniors Need More Coronavirus Help
- Cardiac Injury Common in COVID-19, Predicts Mortality
- Fecal Transplants May Spread COVID-19
- What COVID-19 Prevention and Treatment Guidelines From China Can Teach Us
- Delaying Cancer Surgery During COVID-19
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Diabetes in 20 Year Olds
- COVID-19: Alarming Levels of Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia in Healthcare Workers
Friday, March 27, 2020
- Cardiology Heart Health Doctors Shift to Telehealth Due to COVID-19
- Could Stroke Drug Tissue Plasminogen Activator (tPA) Help Treat COVID-19 Patients?
- COVID-19, Hypertension, Diabetes: ACE Inhibitors and Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- NYU Med School Early Graduation for COVID-19
- COVID-19 Erases State Licenses for Doctors
- Cardiac Implications of COVID-19 Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Pandemic Foreshadows Mental Health Crisis
Thursday, March 26, 2020
- Infection Control Protects Hospital Staff From COVID-19
- The Power of Hand-Washing to Prevent Coronavirus
- Infectious Disease Doctors in Short Supply for COVID-19 Crisis
- Diabetes, Heart Disease and COVID-19 Infection
- COVID-19 Shortages for Ventilators, Face Masks, Hand Sanitizer Come With Promise, Warnings
- COVID-19 Makes Kidney Donation and Transplants Complicated
- Vision and Eye Care: An Ophthalmologist's View of COVID-19
- Guidelines for Evaluating and Testing for COVID-19 Coronavirus (CDC)
- COVID-19 Isn't Even 'Alive,' It's Not Really a Living Organism
- Coronavirus: Are Meat, Milk, Eggs Safe to Eat?
- Doctor Triages, Treats Coronavirus by Ultrasound
- Medical Students Get Early Push Into Coronavirus Battle
- Pharmacist Tempers Hopes for Remdesivir (RDV) as Possible COVID-19 Cure
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
- Guidelines for Containing the Spread of COVID-19
- Doctors, Nurses Coming Out of Retirement for COVID-19 Pandemic
- How Long Does Coronavirus Stay on Surfaces and in the Air?
- How Coronavirus Spreads, What Lab Tests Work?
- Coronavirus CPR and Emergency Care
- Hantavirus Death in China: Why Coronavirus-Like Pandemic Unlikely
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- Coronavirus: Policy Change for Opioid Addiction
- Coronavirus Will Strain Radiology, Chest CT
- What the US Can Learn From Italy's Coronavirus Outbreak
- How to Bill for Telehealth and COVID-19 Tests
- COVID-19 Test Shortage Sidelines Clinicians
- COVID-19 Guidelines for Evaluating and Testing Coronavirus Patients
- Tom Hanks' Coronavirus Recovery Might Help Us All
- Aralen, Plaquenil Shortages From COVID-19 Threaten Lupus, RA Patients
Monday, March 23, 2020
- Kaiser's COVID-19 Chief Shares Surge Strategies
- Can Doctors Work Across State Lines During Coronavirus Crisis?
- Needing Routine Health Care in the Era of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Asthma Patients Should Stay on Steroids
- How Is Cancer Oncology Adapting to COVID-19?
- The Science of Handwashing for Coronavirus
Sunday, March 22, 2020
- Emergency Room Doctors in Critical Condition From Coronavirus
- Digestive Symptoms Tied to Worse Coronavirus Outcomes
- A Look Into Seattle Coronavirus Outbreak
- How Many Total Coronavirus Cases, Including Undiagnosed?
- Latest Coronavirus Updates and Topics
- N95 Respirator Masks, Surgical Masks, and DIY Masks
- How Is Coronavirus Causing Disruptions in Cancer Care?
- Liver Disease, Liver Damage, and COVID-19 Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Risking Life Without Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Is Hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 Really the Answer?
Saturday, March 21, 2020
- Is There a High Blood Pressure and Coronavirus Link?
- Will There Be a National Quarantine for Coronavirus in the US?
- Coronavirus: How Are the Protectors Staying Protected?
- Managing Children's Fear, Anxiety in the Age of Coronavirus
- What Causes Death in COVID-19 Coronavirus Patients?
- Older Patients With Cancer Especially Vulnerable to Coronavirus
- Does Coronavirus Spread by Fecal Transmission?
- Flattening the Curve for Coronavirus
- Coronavirus on Social Media: COVID-19 Hashtags, Social Distancing, Twitter Tweets
Friday, March 20, 2020
- Blood Type May Affect COVID-19 Risk
- Two Therapeutic Drugs Could Treat COVID-19 Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Drives Alameda California to Shelter in Place
Thursday, March 19, 2020
- Was Coronavirus Made in a Lab?
- Is It Coronavirus, Flu, or Cold Symptoms? Coronavirus Smothers Lungs with 'Fluffy Globs'
- Is Flu Drug Favipiravir Effective Against Coronavirus?
- Top Coronavirus Questions Answered By CDC Expert
- The Black Death: What Bubonic Plague Reveals About COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- Two US Congressmen Test Positive for Coronavirus
- Stores Offer Seniors-Only Shopping Times for Coronavirus Safety
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
- Coronavirus Cases Hit All 50 States, as U.S. Death Toll Tops 100
- The Most Effective Ways to Kill Coronavirus in Your Home
- Who's Most at Risk From Coronavirus?
- U.S. May Not Have Enough Ventilators For Coronavirus Patients
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- Experts Skeptical of France's Stance Against Ibuprofen as Treatment for COVID-19
- Undetected Cases May Be Driving Coronavirus Spread, Study Finds
- Think You Have COVID-19 Symptoms? Here's What to Do
- Keeping Coronavirus Anxiety at Bay
- Fake Text Messages Warn of Martial Law in U.S. Due to Coronavirus
- 'Overwhelming' Number of Coronavirus Cases Expected in U.S.
- New Coronavirus Guidelines Discourage Gatherings of 10 or More
- Another Study Finds COVID-19 Typically Mild for Kids
- Medical Groups Say Heart Meds Don't Worsen COVID-19 Symptoms
- Coronavirus Could Lead to Vast US Hospital Bed, Ventilator Shortage, Emergency Doc Predicts
- Coronavirus Treatment: Ibuprofen (NSAIDs) and Acetaminophen (Paracetamol) Risk
- With New Boost From Medicare, 'Telemedicine' Steps Up to Fight Coronavirus
- AHA News: Working Out While Staying Safe During the Coronavirus Outbreak
Monday, March 16, 2020
- Visitors Banned from U.S. Federal, State Prisons Due to Coronavirus - MedicineNet Health News
- Kids Get Mild COVID-19 Symptoms, But Chance of Transmission High: Study
- States Begin to Close Bars, Restaurants as U.S. Coronavirus Cases Pass 3,400
- Babies Are Spared Severe COVID-19 Symptoms
- Poll Finds Many Americans Heeding Advice on Coronavirus
- Soap vs. Coronavirus: Best Hand-Washing Tips for You and Your Kids
- Hit by Coronavirus Panic? Look for Data Not Drama, Experts Say
- Alcohol Distilleries Making Hand Sanitizer for Coronavirus
- What Are the Official Symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- Avoiding Fear, Anxiety While You Self-Quarantine
- First Volunteers to Receive Coronavirus Vaccine in Early Trial
- New Coronavirus Guidelines Discourage Gatherings of 10 or More; Millions of Test Kits Coming
Friday, March 13, 2020
- New Coronavirus Has Long Survival Times in Air and on Surfaces
- Expectant Moms: Take Care and Don't Panic About Coronavirus
- Should I Still Do Dialysis With Coronavirus?
Thursday, March 12, 2020
- Getting on With Your Life in the Age of Coronavirus
- Trump Bans Travel From Most of Europe as WHO Declares Coronavirus a Pandemic
- What 1918 Spanish Flu Death Toll Tells Us About COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- U.S. Coronavirus Cases Top 1,000, With Efforts to Fight Hotspots on Both Coasts
- Coronavirus: How to Talk to Your Kids
- WHO Declares Coronavirus a Pandemic, as U.S. Cases Top 1,000
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
- Is a 'Universal' Flu Vaccine on the Horizon?
- Coronavirus Symptoms Don't Surface for 5 to 12 Days: Study
- Why Coronavirus COVID-19 Quarantine Might Not Work
- Coronavirus Alternative Treatments: Can Traditional Chinese Medicine and Herbs Help?
Monday, March 9, 2020
- Should You Cancel Travel Plans Due to Coronavirus? Take This Quiz
- Coronavirus Hoarding: Low Stock, High Prices for Supplies
- Bogus Coronavirus 'Meds' Targeted by FDA
- 'Real' U.S. Coronavirus Cases May Have Topped 9,000, Scientists Say
- Can Vitamin C Prevent and Treat Coronavirus?
Friday, March 6, 2020
- California Cruise Ship Passengers Await Coronavirus Test Results; U.S. Cases Pass 220
- IKEA Recalls 820,000 Chests Due to Tipping Hazard
Thursday, March 5, 2020
- Could Smartphones Be Making Migraines Even Tougher to Treat?
- How an Ebola Drug Might Fight COVID-19
- 'Skull Breaker' Challenge Puts Kids at Serious Injury Risk
- Can U.S. Hospitals Handle Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- One Key Way to Curb Coronavirus Spread: More Paid Sick Leave
- Pet Dogs and Cats Can't Pass New Coronavirus to People
- Can Zinc Lozenges Ward Off Coronavirus? What Doctors Say
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
- U.S. Coronavirus Cases Climb Past 120, With 9 Deaths Reported
- Huge Spike in U.S. Demand for Hand Sanitizers
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
- Is Coronavirus Really Like the Flu? Here's a Comparison
- Common Sense on Shielding Yourself From Coronavirus
- As Coronavirus Spreads, Should Travel History Be in Your Medical Records?
Monday, March 2, 2020
- Are Your Vaccinations Up to Date?
- Stop Buying Face Masks: U.S. Surgeon General
- Home Isolation for Coronavirus (COVID-2019): What Is It and How Do You Do It?
Friday, February 28, 2020
Thursday, February 27, 2020
- Trump Taps Pence to Head Coronavirus Response, As 1st U.S. Case of 'Unknown Origin' Spotted
- How to Prepare, Protect Yourself From Coronavirus
- Coronavirus Quarantine: Your Rights When Health Authorities Detain You
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
- More Countries Report Coronavirus Cases, as Outbreak in U.S. Looks Certain
- Sugary Sodas Wreak Havoc With Cholesterol Levels, Harming the Heart
- Drug Offers Hope Against Tough-to-Treat Chronic Cough
Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- $2.5 Billion Coronavirus Plan Sent to Congress as Nations Race to Stem Outbreaks
- Coronavirus Outbreak in America Is Coming: CDC
- How Common Are STDs? Most People Have No Clue
Monday, February 24, 2020
- Without Symptoms or Clear Test Results, Woman May Have Still Spread Coronavirus
- Global Coronavirus Outbreaks Stoking Fears of Pandemic
- Mealtime Choices Could Affect Your Odds for Stroke
- Could Snake Venom Treat Cancer?
Friday, February 21, 2020
- Symptomless Coronavirus Cases Stymie Screening Efforts
- US Cases of Coronavirus COVID-19 Concentrated in West Coast -- Where Else?
- U.S. Coronavirus Cases Reach 34: CDC
Thursday, February 20, 2020
- Common Plastics Chemicals Linked to Autism Traits in Young Boys
- U.S. Scientists Take Key Step Towards Coronavirus Vaccine
- Pregnant Women Who Take Macrolide Antibiotics Have Increased Risk of Birth Defects: Study
Wednesday, February 19, 2020
- Recommended Diuretic Drug Tied to Harmful Side Effects
- Elton John's Walking Pneumonia: What Is It? What's the Prognosis and Recovery?
Tuesday, February 18, 2020
- Could 9 in 10 Cases of Dengue Be Prevented?
- Coronavirus: Are U.S. Hospitals Prepared?
- Price Hikes Have Patients Turning to Craigslist for Insulin, Asthma Inhalers
- Are Coronavirus Tests Accurate?
Friday, February 14, 2020
- Will Brushing and Flossing Protect You Against Stroke?
- Medtronic MiniMed 600 Series Insulin Pumps Recalled
Thursday, February 13, 2020
- Shingles Vaccine Bonus: Reduced Risk of Stroke?
- Coronavirus Cases, Deaths Shoot Up Sharply, While 14th Case Reported in U.S.
- Huey Lewis: His New Album, Hearing Loss, and Meniere's Disease
Wednesday, February 12, 2020
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- High Testosterone Levels Have Different Health Impact for Men and Women
- Coronavirus Death Toll Tops 1,000, While 13th U.S. Case Confirmed
- Coronavirus Fears Have U.S. Pharmacies Running Out of Face Masks
- Rare Utah Rabies Death Shows Public Health Failings, Says CDC
Monday, February 10, 2020
- Coronavirus Cases Top 40,000, While Deaths Hit 908
- Carcinogens in Car Seats Might Bring Danger During Long Commutes
- Puberty Starts a Year Earlier for Girls Now Than in the 1970s
- How Social Media Influences Your Food Choices
Friday, February 7, 2020
- CRISPR Gene Editing Creates 'Designer' Immune Cells That Fight Cancer
- There's a Virus Spreading in U.S. That's Killed 10,000: The Flu
- FDA Not Recommending Recalls of Diabetes Drug
Thursday, February 6, 2020
- New Gene Study Unravels Cancer's Secrets
- More Americans to Be Evacuated From China; 12th Coronavirus Case Reported
- 2 in 3 Women Unhappy With Their Breast Size. Could That Harm Their Health?
- Some U.S. Workers Are Bringing Toxins Home to Their Kids
- Are These the 'Real' Wuhan Coronavirus Statistics?
Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Tuesday, February 4, 2020
- Untreated Sleep Apnea Puts Your Heart at High Risk
- Medicare Could Save Billions If Allowed to Negotiate Insulin Prices
- WHO Aims to Save 7 Million in Developing Countries From Cancer
Monday, February 3, 2020
- Newer Gene Sequencing Might Help Track Spread of Latest Coronavirus in China
- Labs Worldwide Working on Coronavirus Vaccine, But Rollout Could Take Time
- Color-Changing Bandage Identifies and Treats Infections
Friday, January 31, 2020
- Will a Face Mask Protect You From Coronavirus?
- Number of Americans Headed to ER for Suicidal Thoughts, Self-Harm Keeps Rising
- Too Much Super Bowl Can Mean Too Little Sleep
- Your Game Plan for Keeping 'Super Bowl Flu' at Bay
- Study Estimates Actual Coronavirus Case Count in Wuhan May Be Near 76,000
Thursday, January 30, 2020
- Bats Are Thought to Be Coronavirus Source, and Scientists Think They Know Why
- WHO Declares Coronavirus a Public Health Emergency, U.S. Reports First Person-to-Person Infection
- Ageism Affects People Around the Globe
- Is the Super Bowl Safe With Coronavirus in the U.S.?
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
- Girls With Autism Diagnosed Later Than Boys
- FDA Tells Purell Maker to Stop Making False Claims
- Where Is the New Coronavirus Most Likely to Spread?
Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- Coronavirus Cases Top 2,700 in China, While 5th U.S. Case Is Confirmed
- Losing Sense of Smell Can Worsen Life in Many Ways: Study
- Nose Jobs Make Women Look Years Younger, Robot Says
Monday, January 27, 2020
- Low-Dose Aspirin Might Help Prevent Preterm Births
- Taylor Swift Anorexia Revelation Echoes Other Celebrity Eating Disorders
Friday, January 24, 2020
- China Bans Travel in Wuhan, Four Nearby Cities
- What You Need to Know Now About the Wuhan Virus
- Nearly Half of U.S. Smokers Not Advised by Doctors to Quit: Surgeon General
- First Clinical Studies Find Wuhan Virus Closely Resembles SARS
Thursday, January 23, 2020
- Could Your Fitbit Help Detect the Flu?
- Largest-Ever Study Ties Over 100 Genes to Autism
- Scientists Trace Coronavirus Outbreak to Snakes
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
- Sunscreen Chemicals Absorbed Into Body, Study Finds
- Production of Two Excedrin Painkillers Halted
- Allow Dead Men to Be Sperm Donors, Medical Ethicists Say
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
- Walnuts May Benefit Gut Bacteria and Improve Heart Health
- Human-to-Human Transmission of Chinese Coronavirus Confirmed as Case Numbers Surge
- First U.S. Patient With China Coronavirus Is Diagnosed in Washington State
- China Coronavirus in US—The New SARS? 5 Things You Need to Know
Friday, January 17, 2020
- Do Testicles Have Taste Buds? The Internet Clamors to Know
- Stomach Virus Strikes 170 Yosemite Visitors, Staff